All or none of those things may have an influence, but to a much lesser degree as they are all peripheral in nature and you must have the core basics on your side before even considering those. Some highs and lows are quickly accounted for in the program because as I told Hog_Wild, stats have shelf life, newer stats must carry more weight and eventually the influence of any stat must disappear. Hitting slumps are accounted for very quickly, but streaks are a day-to-day thing.
Baseball Analytics Chapter One
All or none of those things may have an influence, but to a much lesser degree as they are all peripheral in nature and you must have the core basics on your side before even considering those. Some highs and lows are quickly accounted for in the program because as I told Hog_Wild, stats have shelf life, newer stats must carry more weight and eventually the influence of any stat must disappear. Hitting slumps are accounted for very quickly, but streaks are a day-to-day thing.
All or none of those things may have an influence, but to a much lesser degree as they are all peripheral in nature and you must have the core basics on your side before even considering those. Some highs and lows are quickly accounted for in the program because as I told Hog_Wild, stats have shelf life, newer stats must carry more weight and eventually the influence of any stat must disappear. Hitting slumps are accounted for very quickly, but streaks are a day-to-day thing.
My question would be is what site do you use to find advanced statistics like a team versus left hand pitchers in the last 7 days? From looking at espn, yahoo, mlb.com, I can find multiple advanced statistics, but I have not found a site that lets me sort the splits like I want. I was wondering if you have a go-to site that you use.
My question would be is what site do you use to find advanced statistics like a team versus left hand pitchers in the last 7 days? From looking at espn, yahoo, mlb.com, I can find multiple advanced statistics, but I have not found a site that lets me sort the splits like I want. I was wondering if you have a go-to site that you use.
It's not like I'm surrounded by the people I am judging or anything.
It's not like I'm surrounded by the people I am judging or anything.
I still have to manually input daily, but what I want is available all over and I have set the program up so I can basically copy and paste, then run the computations almost automatically. There is about two hours of boring input, but after that it is only about an hour to decision time. Play, post, wait for the games.
I still have to manually input daily, but what I want is available all over and I have set the program up so I can basically copy and paste, then run the computations almost automatically. There is about two hours of boring input, but after that it is only about an hour to decision time. Play, post, wait for the games.
I am wondering how far back you go for stats? I used to mainly look at last few starts, last 10 games, etc. but when looking at sabermetrics if I remember correctly, a longer period of time was much more accurate, not talking years, but at least a few months. Also, do you account for daily lineup changes or injuries? Thanks for sharing, always interesting to see how others look at things, always check your threads.
I am wondering how far back you go for stats? I used to mainly look at last few starts, last 10 games, etc. but when looking at sabermetrics if I remember correctly, a longer period of time was much more accurate, not talking years, but at least a few months. Also, do you account for daily lineup changes or injuries? Thanks for sharing, always interesting to see how others look at things, always check your threads.
Couldn't agree more about strength of schedule Key, in all sports.
Thanks for sharing.
Couldn't agree more about strength of schedule Key, in all sports.
Thanks for sharing.
*woosh*that's the sound of this going over the heads of everyone here at Covers.
You are a little weasel WMI.. For real. Guy just made a statement some might not understand which from what Ive scene at covers is highly likely.. Keep doing what you do...you like to put your input everywhere...
*woosh*that's the sound of this going over the heads of everyone here at Covers.
You are a little weasel WMI.. For real. Guy just made a statement some might not understand which from what Ive scene at covers is highly likely.. Keep doing what you do...you like to put your input everywhere...
..... but most folks are willing to accept overall win percentage as the quality of the team...
.... That type of power rating is absolutely useless on a daily basis...
..... my power ratings say Chris Sale is the best pitcher in MLB ...
.... So, what relationship does their overall win percentage or composite “power rating” have to do with today’s game?.. “absolutely nothing”
..... but most folks are willing to accept overall win percentage as the quality of the team...
.... That type of power rating is absolutely useless on a daily basis...
..... my power ratings say Chris Sale is the best pitcher in MLB ...
.... So, what relationship does their overall win percentage or composite “power rating” have to do with today’s game?.. “absolutely nothing”
.. I know you can't measure something that doesn't have a number, but, I have to ask if there is even the smallest kernel..............
.. I know you can't measure something that doesn't have a number, but, I have to ask if there is even the smallest kernel..............
@ The Hack -
Not quite, old boy.
But don't worry, you're still on your way...
Successive extrema of random walks is called the
des/ascending ladder process.
@ The Hack -
Not quite, old boy.
But don't worry, you're still on your way...
Successive extrema of random walks is called the
des/ascending ladder process.
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
