• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC 251 (Usman vs Burns)

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    DialedCaper7
    PapaShango
    kauaib0y
    PatSass124
    lmb4321
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5703
    Posts: 85
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    DialedCaper7
    DialedCaper7
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2017
    Posts: 6355
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2020 - 10:12 PM ET #26

    That's fair I guess, although I don't think my analysis was that off. In regards to post 22 your wrong, Jorge's Instagram followers were under a million before that knee, shot to 1.5 million a month after that fight, hardcore fans knew him but he became a household name after that fight. I watched the Askren v. lawler fight 3 times he got lucky, from somehow surviving the first two minutes to the early stoppage, Lawler beats him 9/10 times and he did retire two fights after that. I've also made serious coin betting against Pettis the last couple years he's not an elite fighter and I'm not just looking at his record, they threw him cowboy and he barely snuck away with that win. I'm also well aware of the transitive property and how it's not entirely applicable to sports but after watching both Usman and Jorge fight maia it's fair to assess that Usman handled him much easier. I never once said Jorge was undeserving or a scrub for that matter, but people are talking like jorge will walk through Usman, 1 because Jorge is much more popular, and B because Usman is a boring fighter. Not to mention Jorge has to cut 22lbs in 4 days and was eating pizza today, probably just a joke but still. If you like Jorge in this fight I respect that as your a great MMA capper, however like I previously stated I think Usman wins.

    Reply

    That's fair I guess, although I don't think my analysis was that off. In regards to post 22 your wrong, Jorge's Instagram followers were under a million before that knee, shot to 1.5 million a month after that fight, hardcore fans knew him but he became a household name after that fight. I watched the Askren v. lawler fight 3 times he got lucky, from somehow surviving the first two minutes to the early stoppage, Lawler beats him 9/10 times and he did retire two fights after that. I've also made serious coin betting against Pettis the last couple years he's not an elite fighter and I'm not just looking at his record, they threw him cowboy and he barely snuck away with that win. I'm also well aware of the transitive property and how it's not entirely applicable to sports but after watching both Usman and Jorge fight maia it's fair to assess that Usman handled him much easier. I never once said Jorge was undeserving or a scrub for that matter, but people are talking like jorge will walk through Usman, 1 because Jorge is much more popular, and B because Usman is a boring fighter. Not to mention Jorge has to cut 22lbs in 4 days and was eating pizza today, probably just a joke but still. If you like Jorge in this fight I respect that as your a great MMA capper, however like I previously stated I think Usman wins.

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2020 - 2:51 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by DialedCaper7:

    That's fair I guess, although I don't think my analysis was that off. In regards to post 22 your wrong, Jorge's Instagram followers were under a million before that knee, shot to 1.5 million a month after that fight, hardcore fans knew him but he became a household name after that fight. I watched the Askren v. lawler fight 3 times he got lucky, from somehow surviving the first two minutes to the early stoppage, Lawler beats him 9/10 times and he did retire two fights after that. I've also made serious coin betting against Pettis the last couple years he's not an elite fighter and I'm not just looking at his record, they threw him cowboy and he barely snuck away with that win. I'm also well aware of the transitive property and how it's not entirely applicable to sports but after watching both Usman and Jorge fight maia it's fair to assess that Usman handled him much easier. I never once said Jorge was undeserving or a scrub for that matter, but people are talking like jorge will walk through Usman, 1 because Jorge is much more popular, and B because Usman is a boring fighter. Not to mention Jorge has to cut 22lbs in 4 days and was eating pizza today, probably just a joke but still. If you like Jorge in this fight I respect that as your a great MMA capper, however like I previously stated I think Usman wins.


    If you think Jorge is out of shape, you're just mistaken.  He was Poirier's main training partner.  I'm not worried about his shape.  He said he took 1 bite of that pizza, which he probably didn't even.  He's playing games with Usman.  Usman knew he had to just go out and beat Burns, whatever way he can.  I think Masvidal is in Usman's head, as evidence of Usman saying he knows he can stand with Masvidal, and I think Usman eventually gets caught with something devastating and lights go out.  How does Usman get this done?  He's going to wrestle Masvidal for 5 rounds?  I just doubt that.  Masvidal has never been finished in the UFC and he prop that it does not go to decision is -180, so if you think Usman will win this, why not just bet it goes to decision.  Not really sure how Usman finishes this fight.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DialedCaper7:

    That's fair I guess, although I don't think my analysis was that off. In regards to post 22 your wrong, Jorge's Instagram followers were under a million before that knee, shot to 1.5 million a month after that fight, hardcore fans knew him but he became a household name after that fight. I watched the Askren v. lawler fight 3 times he got lucky, from somehow surviving the first two minutes to the early stoppage, Lawler beats him 9/10 times and he did retire two fights after that. I've also made serious coin betting against Pettis the last couple years he's not an elite fighter and I'm not just looking at his record, they threw him cowboy and he barely snuck away with that win. I'm also well aware of the transitive property and how it's not entirely applicable to sports but after watching both Usman and Jorge fight maia it's fair to assess that Usman handled him much easier. I never once said Jorge was undeserving or a scrub for that matter, but people are talking like jorge will walk through Usman, 1 because Jorge is much more popular, and B because Usman is a boring fighter. Not to mention Jorge has to cut 22lbs in 4 days and was eating pizza today, probably just a joke but still. If you like Jorge in this fight I respect that as your a great MMA capper, however like I previously stated I think Usman wins.


    If you think Jorge is out of shape, you're just mistaken.  He was Poirier's main training partner.  I'm not worried about his shape.  He said he took 1 bite of that pizza, which he probably didn't even.  He's playing games with Usman.  Usman knew he had to just go out and beat Burns, whatever way he can.  I think Masvidal is in Usman's head, as evidence of Usman saying he knows he can stand with Masvidal, and I think Usman eventually gets caught with something devastating and lights go out.  How does Usman get this done?  He's going to wrestle Masvidal for 5 rounds?  I just doubt that.  Masvidal has never been finished in the UFC and he prop that it does not go to decision is -180, so if you think Usman will win this, why not just bet it goes to decision.  Not really sure how Usman finishes this fight.

     
    kauaib0y
    kauaib0y
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 1400
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2020 - 3:28 PM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:

    Quote Originally Posted by DialedCaper7: That's fair I guess, although I don't think my analysis was that off. In regards to post 22 your wrong, Jorge's Instagram followers were under a million before that knee, shot to 1.5 million a month after that fight, hardcore fans knew him but he became a household name after that fight. I watched the Askren v. lawler fight 3 times he got lucky, from somehow surviving the first two minutes to the early stoppage, Lawler beats him 9/10 times and he did retire two fights after that. I've also made serious coin betting against Pettis the last couple years he's not an elite fighter and I'm not just looking at his record, they threw him cowboy and he barely snuck away with that win. I'm also well aware of the transitive property and how it's not entirely applicable to sports but after watching both Usman and Jorge fight maia it's fair to assess that Usman handled him much easier. I never once said Jorge was undeserving or a scrub for that matter, but people are talking like jorge will walk through Usman, 1 because Jorge is much more popular, and B because Usman is a boring fighter. Not to mention Jorge has to cut 22lbs in 4 days and was eating pizza today, probably just a joke but still. If you like Jorge in this fight I respect that as your a great MMA capper, however like I previously stated I think Usman wins.If you think Jorge is out of shape, you're just mistaken.  He was Poirier's main training partner.  I'm not worried about his shape.  He said he took 1 bite of that pizza, which he probably didn't even.  He's playing games with Usman.  Usman knew he had to just go out and beat Burns, whatever way he can.  I think Masvidal is in Usman's head, as evidence of Usman saying he knows he can stand with Masvidal, and I think Usman eventually gets caught with something devastating and lights go out.  How does Usman get this done?  He's going to wrestle Masvidal for 5 rounds?  I just doubt that.  Masvidal has never been finished in the UFC and he prop that it does not go to decision is -180, so if you think Usman will win this, why not just bet it goes to decision.  Not really sure how Usman finishes this fight.

    I think the only way Usman wins this is a lot of clinch work against the fence and wrestling. I say that he does it for 5 rounds and wins by dec. 

    GL Papa clover peace_5

    Big Scoops
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:

    Quote Originally Posted by DialedCaper7: That's fair I guess, although I don't think my analysis was that off. In regards to post 22 your wrong, Jorge's Instagram followers were under a million before that knee, shot to 1.5 million a month after that fight, hardcore fans knew him but he became a household name after that fight. I watched the Askren v. lawler fight 3 times he got lucky, from somehow surviving the first two minutes to the early stoppage, Lawler beats him 9/10 times and he did retire two fights after that. I've also made serious coin betting against Pettis the last couple years he's not an elite fighter and I'm not just looking at his record, they threw him cowboy and he barely snuck away with that win. I'm also well aware of the transitive property and how it's not entirely applicable to sports but after watching both Usman and Jorge fight maia it's fair to assess that Usman handled him much easier. I never once said Jorge was undeserving or a scrub for that matter, but people are talking like jorge will walk through Usman, 1 because Jorge is much more popular, and B because Usman is a boring fighter. Not to mention Jorge has to cut 22lbs in 4 days and was eating pizza today, probably just a joke but still. If you like Jorge in this fight I respect that as your a great MMA capper, however like I previously stated I think Usman wins.If you think Jorge is out of shape, you're just mistaken.  He was Poirier's main training partner.  I'm not worried about his shape.  He said he took 1 bite of that pizza, which he probably didn't even.  He's playing games with Usman.  Usman knew he had to just go out and beat Burns, whatever way he can.  I think Masvidal is in Usman's head, as evidence of Usman saying he knows he can stand with Masvidal, and I think Usman eventually gets caught with something devastating and lights go out.  How does Usman get this done?  He's going to wrestle Masvidal for 5 rounds?  I just doubt that.  Masvidal has never been finished in the UFC and he prop that it does not go to decision is -180, so if you think Usman will win this, why not just bet it goes to decision.  Not really sure how Usman finishes this fight.

    I think the only way Usman wins this is a lot of clinch work against the fence and wrestling. I say that he does it for 5 rounds and wins by dec. 

    GL Papa clover peace_5

     
    DialedCaper7
    DialedCaper7
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2017
    Posts: 6355
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2020 - 4:24 PM ET #29

    Well the line is down 70 points to -240 now serious cash coming in on Jorge. Your either right and Masvidal drops him or the public are walking into a slaughterhouse

    Reply

    Well the line is down 70 points to -240 now serious cash coming in on Jorge. Your either right and Masvidal drops him or the public are walking into a slaughterhouse

     
    PatSass124
    PatSass124
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 97
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2020 - 5:59 PM ET #30

    Jorge Masvidal definetly has a chance to upset Usman in my opinion. The guy is gonna be in great shape I expect and is motivated like crazy to kill usman if has a chance. The guy lost fights in the past but he surely is fighting the best he has fought his whole career in the UFC and Usman wants to stand and bang with him it sounds like and that is a bad idea for him to do. If he stands and trades punches he will lose by ko, if he takes him down and controls the fight its a decision victory for Usman. I think he is a smart fighter and likely winner but if he decides to stand and throw punches with Masvidal I think Masvidal will tko him. 

    Reply

    Jorge Masvidal definetly has a chance to upset Usman in my opinion. The guy is gonna be in great shape I expect and is motivated like crazy to kill usman if has a chance. The guy lost fights in the past but he surely is fighting the best he has fought his whole career in the UFC and Usman wants to stand and bang with him it sounds like and that is a bad idea for him to do. If he stands and trades punches he will lose by ko, if he takes him down and controls the fight its a decision victory for Usman. I think he is a smart fighter and likely winner but if he decides to stand and throw punches with Masvidal I think Masvidal will tko him. 

     
    lmb4321
    lmb4321
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 12501
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2020 - 2:51 AM ET #31

    Papa...Thanks for the Info....really leaning heavily to Masvidal now..

    Let's see if any news happens before fight night....peace_5

    Reply

    Papa...Thanks for the Info....really leaning heavily to Masvidal now..

    Let's see if any news happens before fight night....peace_5

     
    DaveScatino223
    DaveScatino223
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2020
    Posts: 67
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2020 - 1:17 PM ET #32

    I'm on Jorge KO in round 1 or 2 along with over 3.5 rounds as hedge for Usman wrestle fucking. What you think? Never liked the props until you showed the way. 

    Reply

    I'm on Jorge KO in round 1 or 2 along with over 3.5 rounds as hedge for Usman wrestle fucking. What you think? Never liked the props until you showed the way. 

     
    DialedCaper7
    DialedCaper7
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2017
    Posts: 6355
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2020 - 2:12 PM ET #33

    Usman does not stand and strike with guys, I think that colby fight was an outlier. I see a clear path to victory for Usman and that's slamming jorge down for out muscling him on the ground. Kinda like khabib v. dustin style fight 

    Reply

    Usman does not stand and strike with guys, I think that colby fight was an outlier. I see a clear path to victory for Usman and that's slamming jorge down for out muscling him on the ground. Kinda like khabib v. dustin style fight 

     
    FloridaState
    FloridaState
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 204
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2020 - 2:43 PM ET #34

    Here’s to hoping Marty has/wants to stand and bangan_cheers

    Reply

    Here’s to hoping Marty has/wants to stand and bangan_cheers

     
    Manowarfan1
    Manowarfan1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 1257
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2020 - 3:49 PM ET #35

    I dont think there is any way Usman plans to actually stand and bang with Jorge. It may sell PPVs and if he starts out the fight that way, Jorge may relax thinking the fight is going to be in his style.

    Usman eventually has got to get the fight to the ground, I don't think clinching Jorge against the fence is all that safe, he would be in danger of a short distance shot. He wants and needs to be on top, grinding away and removing any danger from Jorge.

    I like one of the props someone mentioned above, Jorge early KO hedged with over 3.5. That looks plausible both ways, which of course means Usman KO early or Jorge KO early in Round 3 once I put money down lol.

    Like Rose, but dont like #s, that fight will likely be a props only fight. Yan, I feel good about his chances to finish this, am I wrong in thinking that the chances of a tko/ko would increase as guys get a bit tired, hurt, sloppy? No one knows how their camps and training were, it is a lot of travel and a weird situation.

    The #s for ex Yan finishes in round 3, round 4 round 5 keep going up. It may be worth sprinkling a bit over,those instead of putting a full unit on 1 outcome. If I am seeing this wrong, please someone let me know what I am missing.

    More as we get closer to the fights, I almost never bet on fights until day of, too much can happen.

    Cheers,

    Manowarfan1

    Reply

    I dont think there is any way Usman plans to actually stand and bang with Jorge. It may sell PPVs and if he starts out the fight that way, Jorge may relax thinking the fight is going to be in his style.

    Usman eventually has got to get the fight to the ground, I don't think clinching Jorge against the fence is all that safe, he would be in danger of a short distance shot. He wants and needs to be on top, grinding away and removing any danger from Jorge.

    I like one of the props someone mentioned above, Jorge early KO hedged with over 3.5. That looks plausible both ways, which of course means Usman KO early or Jorge KO early in Round 3 once I put money down lol.

    Like Rose, but dont like #s, that fight will likely be a props only fight. Yan, I feel good about his chances to finish this, am I wrong in thinking that the chances of a tko/ko would increase as guys get a bit tired, hurt, sloppy? No one knows how their camps and training were, it is a lot of travel and a weird situation.

    The #s for ex Yan finishes in round 3, round 4 round 5 keep going up. It may be worth sprinkling a bit over,those instead of putting a full unit on 1 outcome. If I am seeing this wrong, please someone let me know what I am missing.

    More as we get closer to the fights, I almost never bet on fights until day of, too much can happen.

    Cheers,

    Manowarfan1

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 1:34 AM ET #36

    Davey Grant vs Martin Day

    Grant +140 (*)
    Grant Wins by Submission +900 (1/2*)

    Reply

    Davey Grant vs Martin Day

    Grant +140 (*)
    Grant Wins by Submission +900 (1/2*)

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 1:39 AM ET #37

    Raulian Paiva vs Zhalgas Zhumagulov

    Fight Won't go Distance +205 (**)
    Under 2.5 +240 (**)
    Fight Won't Start Round 2 +465 (*)

    Reply

    Raulian Paiva vs Zhalgas Zhumagulov

    Fight Won't go Distance +205 (**)
    Under 2.5 +240 (**)
    Fight Won't Start Round 2 +465 (*)

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 1:42 AM ET #38

    Marcin Tybura vs Maxim Grishin

    Tybura -115 (****)
    Tybura Wins Inside Distance +375 (1/2*)
    Tybura Wins by Submission +1650 (*)

    Reply

    Marcin Tybura vs Maxim Grishin

    Tybura -115 (****)
    Tybura Wins Inside Distance +375 (1/2*)
    Tybura Wins by Submission +1650 (*)

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 1:45 AM ET #39

    Leonardo Santos vs Roman Bogatov

    Fight Won't go Distance +115 (***)
    Fight Won't Start Round 3 +170 (*)
    Santos Wins by Submission +260 (1/2*)

    Reply

    Leonardo Santos vs Roman Bogatov

    Fight Won't go Distance +115 (***)
    Fight Won't Start Round 3 +170 (*)
    Santos Wins by Submission +260 (1/2*)

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 1:47 AM ET #40

    Makwan Amirkhani vs Danny Henry

    Amirkhani Wins in Round 1 +350 (**)
    Amirkhani Wins in Round 2 +525 (*)
    Amirkhani Wins in Round 3 +1000 (1/5*)

    Reply

    Makwan Amirkhani vs Danny Henry

    Amirkhani Wins in Round 1 +350 (**)
    Amirkhani Wins in Round 2 +525 (*)
    Amirkhani Wins in Round 3 +1000 (1/5*)

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 1:49 AM ET #41

    Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs Muslim Salikhov

    Zaleski +120 (****)
    Zaleski Wins by Submission +420 (*1/2)

    Reply

    Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs Muslim Salikhov

    Zaleski +120 (****)
    Zaleski Wins by Submission +420 (*1/2)

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 1:52 AM ET #42

    Jessica Andrade vs Rose Namajunas

    Fight Won't go Distance +105 (**)
    Under 2.5 +125 (*)
    Namajunas Wins Inside Distance +170 (*)

    Reply

    Jessica Andrade vs Rose Namajunas

    Fight Won't go Distance +105 (**)
    Under 2.5 +125 (*)
    Namajunas Wins Inside Distance +170 (*)

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 1:57 AM ET #43

    Jorge Masvidal vs Kamaru Usman

    Masvidal Wins in Round 1 +650 (1/2*)
    Masvidal Wins in Round 2 +850 (*)
    Masvidal Wins in Round 3 +1350 (*)
    Masvidal Wins in Round 4 +2300 (1/2*)

    Reply

    Jorge Masvidal vs Kamaru Usman

    Masvidal Wins in Round 1 +650 (1/2*)
    Masvidal Wins in Round 2 +850 (*)
    Masvidal Wins in Round 3 +1350 (*)
    Masvidal Wins in Round 4 +2300 (1/2*)

     
    Manowarfan1
    Manowarfan1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 1257
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 7:32 AM ET #44

    I have a lot of those same props, especially on Masvidal.

    What is your thinking on Zaleski? It should be a close fight, but I was leaning Salikhov. Are you throwing that Submission win in there just because the # is so good that if it hits, you have steak for dinner? What did I overlook on this fight?

    Rose, you have me thinking again. I figured this one to go to a decision. If someone is ahead, they can just move around to get to the judges (of course, you never know what you will get there). So, with it being only 3 rounds, do they just go for it, hope their conditioning and training was better than the opponent? Rose probably had more resources available to her for things like distance/video training but in this day and age facetime or zoom will get it done. Damn, wasnt betting on Rose just because of the big -number, but wanted a couple of props. Her by TKO/KO and submission are both nice #s, as are the Round 2,3 #s. Dang, this could be a really good card. 

    Good luck all,

    Manowarfan1

    Reply

    I have a lot of those same props, especially on Masvidal.

    What is your thinking on Zaleski? It should be a close fight, but I was leaning Salikhov. Are you throwing that Submission win in there just because the # is so good that if it hits, you have steak for dinner? What did I overlook on this fight?

    Rose, you have me thinking again. I figured this one to go to a decision. If someone is ahead, they can just move around to get to the judges (of course, you never know what you will get there). So, with it being only 3 rounds, do they just go for it, hope their conditioning and training was better than the opponent? Rose probably had more resources available to her for things like distance/video training but in this day and age facetime or zoom will get it done. Damn, wasnt betting on Rose just because of the big -number, but wanted a couple of props. Her by TKO/KO and submission are both nice #s, as are the Round 2,3 #s. Dang, this could be a really good card. 

    Good luck all,

    Manowarfan1

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 9:06 AM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by undefined:

    I have a lot of those same props, especially on Masvidal. What is your thinking on Zaleski? It should be a close fight, but I was leaning Salikhov. Are you throwing that Submission win in there just because the # is so good that if it hits, you have steak for dinner? What did I overlook on this fight? Rose, you have me thinking again. I figured this one to go to a decision. If someone is ahead, they can just move around to get to the judges (of course, you never know what you will get there). So, with it being only 3 rounds, do they just go for it, hope their conditioning and training was better than the opponent? Rose probably had more resources available to her for things like distance/video training but in this day and age facetime or zoom will get it done. Damn, wasnt betting on Rose just because of the big -number, but wanted a couple of props. Her by TKO/KO and submission are both nice #s, as are the Round 2,3 #s. Dang, this could be a really good card.  Good luck all, Manowarfan1


    I think Zaleski is just the better fighter all around and getting him + money is a no brainer.  Salikhov has no ground game.  If Zaleski takes him down, I think the fight is over and he can definitely hang on the feet with Salikhov.  He's the bigger man and has fought much better competition and I think the + money is too good to pass up.

    Rose is going to butcher Andrade.  I think their styles match up perfectly for inside the distance fights.  I think Rose butchers her enough to drop Andrade and either finish with strikes or sub her.  The narrative out there is Rose will jab and move her way to a decision, but I just don't see it.  Andrade gets hit way too much and was just finished in 42 seconds.  Do I think it'll be 45 seconds?  Most likely no, but I wouldn't want me $ anywhere near a decision for that fight.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by undefined:

    I have a lot of those same props, especially on Masvidal. What is your thinking on Zaleski? It should be a close fight, but I was leaning Salikhov. Are you throwing that Submission win in there just because the # is so good that if it hits, you have steak for dinner? What did I overlook on this fight? Rose, you have me thinking again. I figured this one to go to a decision. If someone is ahead, they can just move around to get to the judges (of course, you never know what you will get there). So, with it being only 3 rounds, do they just go for it, hope their conditioning and training was better than the opponent? Rose probably had more resources available to her for things like distance/video training but in this day and age facetime or zoom will get it done. Damn, wasnt betting on Rose just because of the big -number, but wanted a couple of props. Her by TKO/KO and submission are both nice #s, as are the Round 2,3 #s. Dang, this could be a really good card.  Good luck all, Manowarfan1


    I think Zaleski is just the better fighter all around and getting him + money is a no brainer.  Salikhov has no ground game.  If Zaleski takes him down, I think the fight is over and he can definitely hang on the feet with Salikhov.  He's the bigger man and has fought much better competition and I think the + money is too good to pass up.

    Rose is going to butcher Andrade.  I think their styles match up perfectly for inside the distance fights.  I think Rose butchers her enough to drop Andrade and either finish with strikes or sub her.  The narrative out there is Rose will jab and move her way to a decision, but I just don't see it.  Andrade gets hit way too much and was just finished in 42 seconds.  Do I think it'll be 45 seconds?  Most likely no, but I wouldn't want me $ anywhere near a decision for that fight.

     
    statfreak
    statfreak
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 2241
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 1:42 PM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by Manowarfan1:

    I agree on Burns and a 6 week layoff, he was already pretty much on weight for this fight, and in fighting shape. Travel and weight cut for Guzman, could be a bit more extreme for him as,it has been a bit longer since he had to cut. At +200, it is worth a shot. I wonder how the whole strangeness of things will affect the card, especially 5 rounds.  Nope, not Justin. My brother in Wwf went by Razor Ramon, then after he left for wcw he just went by his own name (scott Hall) so nobody could trademark it. Vince owned the trademark on Razor, doh! On Aldo fight, I just cant tell. I love having a high level pro at + money, but at some point he has to starting showing and feeling his age. Is this the time, under current circumstances nobody would blame him if he lost.  Cheers, Manowarfan1

     

    Wait, Razor Ramon is your brother?? like brother brother??? haha he was my idol when i was a little kid!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Manowarfan1:

    I agree on Burns and a 6 week layoff, he was already pretty much on weight for this fight, and in fighting shape. Travel and weight cut for Guzman, could be a bit more extreme for him as,it has been a bit longer since he had to cut. At +200, it is worth a shot. I wonder how the whole strangeness of things will affect the card, especially 5 rounds.  Nope, not Justin. My brother in Wwf went by Razor Ramon, then after he left for wcw he just went by his own name (scott Hall) so nobody could trademark it. Vince owned the trademark on Razor, doh! On Aldo fight, I just cant tell. I love having a high level pro at + money, but at some point he has to starting showing and feeling his age. Is this the time, under current circumstances nobody would blame him if he lost.  Cheers, Manowarfan1

     

    Wait, Razor Ramon is your brother?? like brother brother??? haha he was my idol when i was a little kid!

     
    JDNewlin2nd
    JDNewlin2nd
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2018
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 3:33 PM ET #47

    U like Jorge and Aldo also?

    Reply

    U like Jorge and Aldo also?

     
    brettcards
    brettcards
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2013
    Posts: 246
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 4:34 PM ET #48

    you going to be posting any other plays? appreciate the picks as always

    Reply

    you going to be posting any other plays? appreciate the picks as always

     
    Dongjohnson
    Dongjohnson
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2019
    Posts: 1137
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 5:16 PM ET #49

    Does Scott hall, Kevin Nash, and Shawn waltman know that you spend the Majority of your time on covers? Lmao... I get it, my brother (some of you know him as Donnie trump)  wasn’t too mad when I was hanging with Steve Jobs... what a clown

    Reply

    Does Scott hall, Kevin Nash, and Shawn waltman know that you spend the Majority of your time on covers? Lmao... I get it, my brother (some of you know him as Donnie trump)  wasn’t too mad when I was hanging with Steve Jobs... what a clown

     
     
    Maximus1978
    Maximus1978
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 7245
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2020 - 5:39 PM ET #50

    Wanna stop by and say BOL Papa keep up the good work. As for Razor Ramon I used see and talk to him on a monthly basis here in Orlando near Chuluota Fl. and see him as much as I see Shaquille O’Neal. The last time I spoke to him he was buying dip for a friend. He Is one nice guy and humble. Those were some awesome days seeing him in the ring!

    The Great Life of Sports Betting. Best Feeling in the World!
    Reply

    Wanna stop by and say BOL Papa keep up the good work. As for Razor Ramon I used see and talk to him on a monthly basis here in Orlando near Chuluota Fl. and see him as much as I see Shaquille O’Neal. The last time I spoke to him he was buying dip for a friend. He Is one nice guy and humble. Those were some awesome days seeing him in the ring!

    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 453,524
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,225
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 7,210
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,613
    • PART DEUX 266
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 2,077
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,952
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,726
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 473
    • 4-0 White Sox heading to Bottom of the 4th. Looks like the Astros won’t score today. Take In Game Live UNDER 7.5 runs (+182) 430

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.