• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC 251 (Usman vs Burns)

    1234 Next Last»
    PapaShango
    OverAmbassador
    salazar_80824
    averagebettor
    monkeebooger
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5703
    Posts: 85
    1234 Next Last»
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2020 - 4:56 PM ET #1

    +20.6* Last Card



    Kamaru Usman (c 170lbs) vs Gilbert Burns

    Burns +200 (*****)


    DURINHO! AND NEW!

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    +20.6* Last Card



    Kamaru Usman (c 170lbs) vs Gilbert Burns

    Burns +200 (*****)


    DURINHO! AND NEW!

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2020 - 5:07 PM ET #2

    Petr Yan vs Jose Aldo

    Aldo Wins Inside Distance +395 (****)


    Aldo just went to war with Moraes for 3 rounds and the fight could have gone either way and there's no evidence that Yan is a better striker than Moraes.  Prior to that Moraes fight, although it was at 145lbs, Aldo lost to current champ Volkanovski by decision, but also knocked out Moicano and Jeremy Stephens right before that.  Neither of these guys truly deserve a title shot at 135, but here we are.  I think this is very clearly going to be a war on the feet and I favor the veteran with the reach who had gotten the best off the younger guy training years ago.  I don't see how this goes five rounds either way and will probably make a 2nd bet on the fight not getting to the 4th round.

    Reply

    Petr Yan vs Jose Aldo

    Aldo Wins Inside Distance +395 (****)


    Aldo just went to war with Moraes for 3 rounds and the fight could have gone either way and there's no evidence that Yan is a better striker than Moraes.  Prior to that Moraes fight, although it was at 145lbs, Aldo lost to current champ Volkanovski by decision, but also knocked out Moicano and Jeremy Stephens right before that.  Neither of these guys truly deserve a title shot at 135, but here we are.  I think this is very clearly going to be a war on the feet and I favor the veteran with the reach who had gotten the best off the younger guy training years ago.  I don't see how this goes five rounds either way and will probably make a 2nd bet on the fight not getting to the 4th round.

     
    OverAmbassador
    OverAmbassador
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2018
    Posts: 5288
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2020 - 7:02 PM ET #3

    To another profit peace_5

    Reply

    To another profit peace_5

     
    salazar_80824
    salazar_80824
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2012
    Posts: 378
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2020 - 8:43 PM ET #4

    Thanks papa imma buy back my bet I have a 2 team parlay petr yan moneyline and volcano ski money line

    Reply

    Thanks papa imma buy back my bet I have a 2 team parlay petr yan moneyline and volcano ski money line

     
    averagebettor
    averagebettor
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2018
    Posts: 201
    Posted: Jul. 2, 2020 - 2:22 AM ET #5

    an_cheers

    Reply

    an_cheers

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 2, 2020 - 8:47 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by salazar_80824:

    Thanks papa imma buy back my bet I have a 2 team parlay petr yan moneyline and volcano ski money line


    Never parlay two fighters.  peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by salazar_80824:

    Thanks papa imma buy back my bet I have a 2 team parlay petr yan moneyline and volcano ski money line


    Never parlay two fighters.  peace_5

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 2, 2020 - 8:47 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by OverAmbassador:

    To another profit


    Hope so.  Doing a ton of research for this card.  thumbs_up

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by OverAmbassador:

    To another profit


    Hope so.  Doing a ton of research for this card.  thumbs_up

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 2, 2020 - 8:48 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by averagebettor:




    an_fight

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by averagebettor:




    an_fight

     
    monkeebooger
    monkeebooger
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 6384
    Posted: Jul. 2, 2020 - 6:13 PM ET #9

    Would love to hear your reasoning on Burns as time permits. Thanks bud
    Reply
    Would love to hear your reasoning on Burns as time permits. Thanks bud
     
    Manowarfan1
    Manowarfan1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 1257
    Posted: Jul. 3, 2020 - 8:28 AM ET #10

    A MUST READ before every UFC card. Papa sees things that I wouldn't even if I wasnt working 12 hour days. 

    I know you love your dogs and your props and I tail on some,of them,to my benefit. As a matter of fact, I probably put more on prop nets now than on outright results. That's your fault Papa, and I and my account balance thank you.

    I see so many people on Usman, and that was my initial gut feeling, but Burns at +200 is a lot of value. Is that your feeling here? There are a few fights here where I was a bit surprised to see my initial lean is a dog, better for me.

    Can't wait to see all the props I know are coming. 

    P.S. Love the handle. I dont know if Charles was playing Papa Shango when my brother was having a big run in WWF, or if he was Kama or Godfather, but he seemwd like a nice guy. I liked the Shango character although I don't think It was handled that well.

    Cheers,

    Manowarfan1 

    Reply

    A MUST READ before every UFC card. Papa sees things that I wouldn't even if I wasnt working 12 hour days. 

    I know you love your dogs and your props and I tail on some,of them,to my benefit. As a matter of fact, I probably put more on prop nets now than on outright results. That's your fault Papa, and I and my account balance thank you.

    I see so many people on Usman, and that was my initial gut feeling, but Burns at +200 is a lot of value. Is that your feeling here? There are a few fights here where I was a bit surprised to see my initial lean is a dog, better for me.

    Can't wait to see all the props I know are coming. 

    P.S. Love the handle. I dont know if Charles was playing Papa Shango when my brother was having a big run in WWF, or if he was Kama or Godfather, but he seemwd like a nice guy. I liked the Shango character although I don't think It was handled that well.

    Cheers,

    Manowarfan1 

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 3, 2020 - 1:18 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Manowarfan1:

    A MUST READ before every UFC card. Papa sees things that I wouldn't even if I wasnt working 12 hour days.  I know you love your dogs and your props and I tail on some,of them,to my benefit. As a matter of fact, I probably put more on prop nets now than on outright results. That's your fault Papa, and I and my account balance thank you. I see so many people on Usman, and that was my initial gut feeling, but Burns at +200 is a lot of value. Is that your feeling here? There are a few fights here where I was a bit surprised to see my initial lean is a dog, better for me. Can't wait to see all the props I know are coming.  P.S. Love the handle. I dont know if Charles was playing Papa Shango when my brother was having a big run in WWF, or if he was Kama or Godfather, but he seemwd like a nice guy. I liked the Shango character although I don't think It was handled that well. Cheers, Manowarfan1


    Appreciate the words.  Is your brother Justin Credible?  (Man O War). If so, dude was the man in ECW.  I was a big wrestling fan growing up.  Loved Papa Shango.  I actually met Charles when I lived in Vegas when he was working at Cheetah's.  Such a nice dude.  Didn't tell him I stole his moniker though.  


    Usman/Burns:

    +200 means I need to think he has a better than 1/3 chance he wins the fight.  Burns was destroying himself getting down to 155.  He would lose his stamina and chin cutting so much weight.  He looks way better, stronger, and his cardio is great.  My only hang up is that it's only 6 weeks since Burns beat Woodley, but I'm not that worried since he's not cutting much weight.  On the other hand, Usman cuts crazy weight to get to 170.  I think with the added travel and the unknowns in Abu Dhabi, who knows how Usman's cut will go?  I can't see Usman turning this into a wrestling match.  He won't want to go to the mat with Burns, so this will be a striking match and I think Burns can strike with Usman and has the power to hurt Usman like he did Woodley early.  Could Usman grind this to a 5 round decision or finish Burns?  Sure, but I'm willing to make the bet that he doesn't getting +200.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Manowarfan1:

    A MUST READ before every UFC card. Papa sees things that I wouldn't even if I wasnt working 12 hour days.  I know you love your dogs and your props and I tail on some,of them,to my benefit. As a matter of fact, I probably put more on prop nets now than on outright results. That's your fault Papa, and I and my account balance thank you. I see so many people on Usman, and that was my initial gut feeling, but Burns at +200 is a lot of value. Is that your feeling here? There are a few fights here where I was a bit surprised to see my initial lean is a dog, better for me. Can't wait to see all the props I know are coming.  P.S. Love the handle. I dont know if Charles was playing Papa Shango when my brother was having a big run in WWF, or if he was Kama or Godfather, but he seemwd like a nice guy. I liked the Shango character although I don't think It was handled that well. Cheers, Manowarfan1


    Appreciate the words.  Is your brother Justin Credible?  (Man O War). If so, dude was the man in ECW.  I was a big wrestling fan growing up.  Loved Papa Shango.  I actually met Charles when I lived in Vegas when he was working at Cheetah's.  Such a nice dude.  Didn't tell him I stole his moniker though.  


    Usman/Burns:

    +200 means I need to think he has a better than 1/3 chance he wins the fight.  Burns was destroying himself getting down to 155.  He would lose his stamina and chin cutting so much weight.  He looks way better, stronger, and his cardio is great.  My only hang up is that it's only 6 weeks since Burns beat Woodley, but I'm not that worried since he's not cutting much weight.  On the other hand, Usman cuts crazy weight to get to 170.  I think with the added travel and the unknowns in Abu Dhabi, who knows how Usman's cut will go?  I can't see Usman turning this into a wrestling match.  He won't want to go to the mat with Burns, so this will be a striking match and I think Burns can strike with Usman and has the power to hurt Usman like he did Woodley early.  Could Usman grind this to a 5 round decision or finish Burns?  Sure, but I'm willing to make the bet that he doesn't getting +200.

     
    Manowarfan1
    Manowarfan1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 1257
    Posted: Jul. 3, 2020 - 1:49 PM ET #12

    I agree on Burns and a 6 week layoff, he was already pretty much on weight for this fight, and in fighting shape. Travel and weight cut for Guzman, could be a bit more extreme for him as,it has been a bit longer since he had to cut. At +200, it is worth a shot. I wonder how the whole strangeness of things will affect the card, especially 5 rounds. 

    Nope, not Justin. My brother in Wwf went by Razor Ramon, then after he left for wcw he just went by his own name (scott Hall) so nobody could trademark it. Vince owned the trademark on Razor, doh!

    On Aldo fight, I just cant tell. I love having a high level pro at + money, but at some point he has to starting showing and feeling his age. Is this the time, under current circumstances nobody would blame him if he lost. 

    Cheers,

    Manowarfan1

    Reply

    I agree on Burns and a 6 week layoff, he was already pretty much on weight for this fight, and in fighting shape. Travel and weight cut for Guzman, could be a bit more extreme for him as,it has been a bit longer since he had to cut. At +200, it is worth a shot. I wonder how the whole strangeness of things will affect the card, especially 5 rounds. 

    Nope, not Justin. My brother in Wwf went by Razor Ramon, then after he left for wcw he just went by his own name (scott Hall) so nobody could trademark it. Vince owned the trademark on Razor, doh!

    On Aldo fight, I just cant tell. I love having a high level pro at + money, but at some point he has to starting showing and feeling his age. Is this the time, under current circumstances nobody would blame him if he lost. 

    Cheers,

    Manowarfan1

     
    podsox
    podsox
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Jul. 3, 2020 - 3:16 PM ET #13

    I have usman.  I think he wins via wrestling.  Burns is arguably the best bjj guy in mma but it’s 2020.  It’s extremely tough to get a sub from the bottom no matter who you are.  Usman is an enormous 170er and has cardio for days.  

    Reply

    I have usman.  I think he wins via wrestling.  Burns is arguably the best bjj guy in mma but it’s 2020.  It’s extremely tough to get a sub from the bottom no matter who you are.  Usman is an enormous 170er and has cardio for days.  

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 3, 2020 - 6:05 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Manowarfan1:

    I agree on Burns and a 6 week layoff, he was already pretty much on weight for this fight, and in fighting shape. Travel and weight cut for Guzman, could be a bit more extreme for him as,it has been a bit longer since he had to cut. At +200, it is worth a shot. I wonder how the whole strangeness of things will affect the card, especially 5 rounds.  Nope, not Justin. My brother in Wwf went by Razor Ramon, then after he left for wcw he just went by his own name (scott Hall) so nobody could trademark it. Vince owned the trademark on Razor, doh! On Aldo fight, I just cant tell. I love having a high level pro at + money, but at some point he has to starting showing and feeling his age. Is this the time, under current circumstances nobody would blame him if he lost.  Cheers, Manowarfan1


    Your brother is Scott Hall?  That's fuckingg awesome.  Razor Ramon was my favorite wrestler growing up.  He seems to be doing great these days.  Been following his tough road.  thumbs_up

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Manowarfan1:

    I agree on Burns and a 6 week layoff, he was already pretty much on weight for this fight, and in fighting shape. Travel and weight cut for Guzman, could be a bit more extreme for him as,it has been a bit longer since he had to cut. At +200, it is worth a shot. I wonder how the whole strangeness of things will affect the card, especially 5 rounds.  Nope, not Justin. My brother in Wwf went by Razor Ramon, then after he left for wcw he just went by his own name (scott Hall) so nobody could trademark it. Vince owned the trademark on Razor, doh! On Aldo fight, I just cant tell. I love having a high level pro at + money, but at some point he has to starting showing and feeling his age. Is this the time, under current circumstances nobody would blame him if he lost.  Cheers, Manowarfan1


    Your brother is Scott Hall?  That's fuckingg awesome.  Razor Ramon was my favorite wrestler growing up.  He seems to be doing great these days.  Been following his tough road.  thumbs_up

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 3, 2020 - 6:08 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by podsox:

    I have usman.  I think he wins via wrestling.  Burns is arguably the best bjj guy in mma but it’s 2020.  It’s extremely tough to get a sub from the bottom no matter who you are.  Usman is an enormous 170er and has cardio for days.


    I'm telling you, he will not wrestle Burns.  He will not play in Burns guard.  So, if that is how you think Usman will win, you should reassess your thoughts.  The bigger cage will also make it a lot harder for Burns to try to wrestle.  Usman will want to wrestle against the cage and I don't think Burns will let him.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by podsox:

    I have usman.  I think he wins via wrestling.  Burns is arguably the best bjj guy in mma but it’s 2020.  It’s extremely tough to get a sub from the bottom no matter who you are.  Usman is an enormous 170er and has cardio for days.


    I'm telling you, he will not wrestle Burns.  He will not play in Burns guard.  So, if that is how you think Usman will win, you should reassess your thoughts.  The bigger cage will also make it a lot harder for Burns to try to wrestle.  Usman will want to wrestle against the cage and I don't think Burns will let him.

     
    Manowarfan1
    Manowarfan1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 1257
    Posted: Jul. 4, 2020 - 2:09 PM ET #16

    I am so glad you mentioned the full size cage. I was getting used to the smaller, more action cage of the last few events from Vegas.

    I usually wait until the last hours before an event to place my bets, now I have time to look at what I was thinking with a different eye.

    Good luck all,

    Manowarfan1

    Reply

    I am so glad you mentioned the full size cage. I was getting used to the smaller, more action cage of the last few events from Vegas.

    I usually wait until the last hours before an event to place my bets, now I have time to look at what I was thinking with a different eye.

    Good luck all,

    Manowarfan1

     
    monkeebooger
    monkeebooger
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 6384
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2020 - 2:47 AM ET #17

    What a twist in plot...now really gotta listen to your feedback on the main event. Thank you advance, Papa!
    Reply
    What a twist in plot...now really gotta listen to your feedback on the main event. Thank you advance, Papa!
     
    DialedCaper7
    DialedCaper7
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2017
    Posts: 6355
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2020 - 10:44 AM ET #18

    Jorge beats a joke in ben askren and a washed-up nate diaz and people think he's the second coming. Usman will win 

    Reply

    Jorge beats a joke in ben askren and a washed-up nate diaz and people think he's the second coming. Usman will win 

     
    FloridaState
    FloridaState
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 204
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2020 - 6:42 PM ET #19

    Gonna be a good fight. Not sure why everyone’s so sold on Marty so much. He may grind on Jorge and wear him out especially with no camp but I can see a scenario where Marty has gotten way too confident with his striking and end up getting starched. Normal size cage too???????We’ll see. Good luck Papa

    Reply

    Gonna be a good fight. Not sure why everyone’s so sold on Marty so much. He may grind on Jorge and wear him out especially with no camp but I can see a scenario where Marty has gotten way too confident with his striking and end up getting starched. Normal size cage too???????We’ll see. Good luck Papa

     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2020 - 9:05 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by DialedCaper7:

    Jorge beats a joke in ben askren and a washed-up nate diaz and people think he's the second coming. Usman will win


    You forgot when he slept Darren Till in London.  

    Askren is far from a joke.

    Nate Diaz came off beating the shitt out of Anthony Pettis.  He is not washed up.

    This idea that Masvidal is some bum, undeserving of this shot is absurd.

    You're talking about a guy that's NEVER been finished in the UFC.  
    Masvidal's last 5 wins have been finishes.  3 of his last 4 losses were split decision.  The lone unanimous was Wonderboy for 3 rounds.

    Will Usman win this fight?  Maybe, but Masvidal will hurt Usman on the feet and I do not think Usman can take down Masvidal for 5 rounds.  He has spoken that he thinks he can stand with Masvidal.  Let's see it.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DialedCaper7:

    Jorge beats a joke in ben askren and a washed-up nate diaz and people think he's the second coming. Usman will win


    You forgot when he slept Darren Till in London.  

    Askren is far from a joke.

    Nate Diaz came off beating the shitt out of Anthony Pettis.  He is not washed up.

    This idea that Masvidal is some bum, undeserving of this shot is absurd.

    You're talking about a guy that's NEVER been finished in the UFC.  
    Masvidal's last 5 wins have been finishes.  3 of his last 4 losses were split decision.  The lone unanimous was Wonderboy for 3 rounds.

    Will Usman win this fight?  Maybe, but Masvidal will hurt Usman on the feet and I do not think Usman can take down Masvidal for 5 rounds.  He has spoken that he thinks he can stand with Masvidal.  Let's see it.

     
    DialedCaper7
    DialedCaper7
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2017
    Posts: 6355
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2020 - 9:22 PM ET #21

    Not gonna act like I know ufc better than you, however, IMO Ben Askren was built up like some god for no reason, Jorge gained his recognition with that knee, but I think the praise for Askren was invalid. Askren got extremely lucky against Lawler then retired two fights later. Nate diaz coming off beating the shitt out of pettis, correct me if im wrong but who doesnt beat the shitt out of pettis? He's 5-9 in his last 14 fights. Not saying Jorge is a bum but he lost to Damian maia who usman dominated, and he lost to Iaquinta who wouldn't hold a candle to Usman.

    Reply

    Not gonna act like I know ufc better than you, however, IMO Ben Askren was built up like some god for no reason, Jorge gained his recognition with that knee, but I think the praise for Askren was invalid. Askren got extremely lucky against Lawler then retired two fights later. Nate diaz coming off beating the shitt out of pettis, correct me if im wrong but who doesnt beat the shitt out of pettis? He's 5-9 in his last 14 fights. Not saying Jorge is a bum but he lost to Damian maia who usman dominated, and he lost to Iaquinta who wouldn't hold a candle to Usman.

     
    BABYFACE024
    BABYFACE024
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 1518
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2020 - 10:27 PM ET #22

    Masvidal didnt just gain recognition from that one knee(even as sweet as it was to see ben get put to bed)

    Reply

    Masvidal didnt just gain recognition from that one knee(even as sweet as it was to see ben get put to bed)

     
    BABYFACE024
    BABYFACE024
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 1518
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2020 - 10:31 PM ET #23

    [image from unapproved source]

    Reply

    [image from unapproved source]

     
    BABYFACE024
    BABYFACE024
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 1518
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2020 - 10:32 PM ET #24

    Pretend you saw a pic of him bustin Till in the face

    Reply

    Pretend you saw a pic of him bustin Till in the face

     
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2020 - 11:36 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by DialedCaper7:

    Not gonna act like I know ufc better than you, however, IMO Ben Askren was built up like some god for no reason, Jorge gained his recognition with that knee, but I think the praise for Askren was invalid. Askren got extremely lucky against Lawler then retired two fights later. Nate diaz coming off beating the shitt out of pettis, correct me if im wrong but who doesnt beat the shitt out of pettis? He's 5-9 in his last 14 fights. Not saying Jorge is a bum but he lost to Damian maia who usman dominated, and he lost to Iaquinta who wouldn't hold a candle to Usman.


    Sorry, but there is so much wrong with all of this that I don't feel like responding to it.  Just go actually watch these fights you're talking about instead of reading results.  And doing MMA Math is pointless and meaningless.  Can't compare the Maia and Iaquinta fights to this upcoming one.  You seem like a good dude, but your analysis is just wrong.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DialedCaper7:

    Not gonna act like I know ufc better than you, however, IMO Ben Askren was built up like some god for no reason, Jorge gained his recognition with that knee, but I think the praise for Askren was invalid. Askren got extremely lucky against Lawler then retired two fights later. Nate diaz coming off beating the shitt out of pettis, correct me if im wrong but who doesnt beat the shitt out of pettis? He's 5-9 in his last 14 fights. Not saying Jorge is a bum but he lost to Damian maia who usman dominated, and he lost to Iaquinta who wouldn't hold a candle to Usman.


    Sorry, but there is so much wrong with all of this that I don't feel like responding to it.  Just go actually watch these fights you're talking about instead of reading results.  And doing MMA Math is pointless and meaningless.  Can't compare the Maia and Iaquinta fights to this upcoming one.  You seem like a good dude, but your analysis is just wrong.

    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 453,141
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,225
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 7,167
    • PART DEUX 266
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,609
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 2,055
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,932
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,724
    • Tuesday 3,379
    • 4-0 White Sox heading to Bottom of the 4th. Looks like the Astros won’t score today. Take In Game Live UNDER 7.5 runs (+182) 429

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.