January Stock Talk V
as i mentioned last week and for the last few
MBI and ABK will be the drivers of the mkt. stay in tune with what those two are up to
a resuce of those two gives the mkt certainty...hasnt had it in a while
I agree.TThe article on MBIA in todays WSj was pretty gruesome: a 1/2 loss almost as much as it has paid out in its entire history. Amazing.The bond insurers are the ones "too big to fail"...
as i mentioned last week and for the last few
MBI and ABK will be the drivers of the mkt. stay in tune with what those two are up to
a resuce of those two gives the mkt certainty...hasnt had it in a while
I agree.TThe article on MBIA in todays WSj was pretty gruesome: a 1/2 loss almost as much as it has paid out in its entire history. Amazing.The bond insurers are the ones "too big to fail"...
Nice nice call on the Giants. Great game. I think I must be the only one who tunes out commercials, bails out at half time, and only watches the game.Of course, it is about the only football I watch all year, so....
Anyone have any comments on PBR?
I think we are going to find out that the Fed and others are going to be unable to handle the challenges the systemic problems this market and economy face. Anyone think we are in for the soft landing? I see a long hard fall ahead.
Nice nice call on the Giants. Great game. I think I must be the only one who tunes out commercials, bails out at half time, and only watches the game.Of course, it is about the only football I watch all year, so....
Anyone have any comments on PBR?
I think we are going to find out that the Fed and others are going to be unable to handle the challenges the systemic problems this market and economy face. Anyone think we are in for the soft landing? I see a long hard fall ahead.
While consumers were out spending on the heels of low rates, the government (under the direction of the Clinton Administration) took a full 70% of long-term US Treasury debt and moved it into short-term instruments. Under Clinton’s Houdini-like tactics, it appeared as if the US was doing well economically. All of our long-term debt ‘disappeared’ into the short -end of the curve.
While consumers were out spending on the heels of low rates, the government (under the direction of the Clinton Administration) took a full 70% of long-term US Treasury debt and moved it into short-term instruments. Under Clinton’s Houdini-like tactics, it appeared as if the US was doing well economically. All of our long-term debt ‘disappeared’ into the short -end of the curve.
I would be interested in opinions on this thing I ran across by accident
prediciting a massive move up just in time for a hard crash... technical analysis with just a hint of the paranoid. but even paranoids have enemies LOL
https://2-4-08.exceptional-bear.com/2-4-08_files/
I would be interested in opinions on this thing I ran across by accident
prediciting a massive move up just in time for a hard crash... technical analysis with just a hint of the paranoid. but even paranoids have enemies LOL
https://2-4-08.exceptional-bear.com/2-4-08_files/
Totally missed the rally in the financials. Not sure if it's for real or short covering, but really pissed at myself for not getting into JPM at $40
I won't be making that mistake again if they retrace.
Totally missed the rally in the financials. Not sure if it's for real or short covering, but really pissed at myself for not getting into JPM at $40
I won't be making that mistake again if they retrace.
JPM has an ENORMOUS derivitives position...like trillions (so i read)
caveat emptor if this is a long term play for you
for me, the only financial to own is HCBK
JPM has an ENORMOUS derivitives position...like trillions (so i read)
caveat emptor if this is a long term play for you
for me, the only financial to own is HCBK
Lets see if they turn things today. The market isnt that far off the lows after todays drop (lows meaning from the last drop)
Lets see if they turn things today. The market isnt that far off the lows after todays drop (lows meaning from the last drop)
Derivitives are wacky...not really because of the actual assets, I am sure JPM owns the high grade instruments, I really couldnt see them owning the lower traunches of the any such thing, but the insurance of the derivative is the scary part.
Lets see if they turn things today. The market isnt that far off the lows after todays drop (lows meaning from the last drop)
why are they different than merrill or ubs?
Derivitives are wacky...not really because of the actual assets, I am sure JPM owns the high grade instruments, I really couldnt see them owning the lower traunches of the any such thing, but the insurance of the derivative is the scary part.
Lets see if they turn things today. The market isnt that far off the lows after todays drop (lows meaning from the last drop)
why are they different than merrill or ubs?
Thats the impression I got. Is it worth a little better ROR to be subject to shareholder lawsuits if it was uncovered that the firm risked capital on garbage?
The write downs have been on the higher quality stuff and the losses have been also on the lost insurance premiums because the ABK and MBIs arent honoring the insurance policies..
I have to think that the bigger firms arent taking the risk associated with the scraps portion of derivative instruments.
Maybe I am wrong? I dont see how though.
Thats the impression I got. Is it worth a little better ROR to be subject to shareholder lawsuits if it was uncovered that the firm risked capital on garbage?
The write downs have been on the higher quality stuff and the losses have been also on the lost insurance premiums because the ABK and MBIs arent honoring the insurance policies..
I have to think that the bigger firms arent taking the risk associated with the scraps portion of derivative instruments.
Maybe I am wrong? I dont see how though.
Those contracts are concentrated at a small number of banks, S&P said. ``Few banks have disclosed how much that exposure is,'' the report said.
CDOs repackage assets such as mortgage bonds and buyout loans into new securities with varying risk.
Those contracts are concentrated at a small number of banks, S&P said. ``Few banks have disclosed how much that exposure is,'' the report said.
CDOs repackage assets such as mortgage bonds and buyout loans into new securities with varying risk.
That exactly what I found when researching..usually the bigger boys took the higher quality AAA stuff and the hedge funds and investors took the garbage portions with higher risk.
The insurers are really the groups at fault IMO
That exactly what I found when researching..usually the bigger boys took the higher quality AAA stuff and the hedge funds and investors took the garbage portions with higher risk.
The insurers are really the groups at fault IMO
Being down so long on the stock and it got back to about where I bought it, so I took it off the table.
accventures is probably dancing in the streets!
Being down so long on the stock and it got back to about where I bought it, so I took it off the table.
accventures is probably dancing in the streets!
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
