• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    Crypto thread

    «First Previous 678 ... 146147148 Next Last»
    JamieR44
    I_Need_A_Detox
    FadeOnly
    wallstreetcappers
    bucknuts
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 29143
    Posts: 3681
    «First Previous 678 ... 146147148 Next Last»
     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2018 - 5:26 PM ET #126

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    buck, At 10 that ADA has the same market cap as bitcoin??? It has such a huge float and market cap at 26 BILLION already! I dont see massive upside relative to the market cap. So what else is there that isnt phony garbage but has some relative upside?

    WallStreet...Don't know about you, but don't think you can use the same filters for crypto, you use for stock picking...There's a reason this marketplace is described as disruptive.

    To play in this pool, I think you need to set aside what was. Otherwise, hard to sleep at night.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    buck, At 10 that ADA has the same market cap as bitcoin??? It has such a huge float and market cap at 26 BILLION already! I dont see massive upside relative to the market cap. So what else is there that isnt phony garbage but has some relative upside?

    WallStreet...Don't know about you, but don't think you can use the same filters for crypto, you use for stock picking...There's a reason this marketplace is described as disruptive.

    To play in this pool, I think you need to set aside what was. Otherwise, hard to sleep at night.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2018 - 6:11 PM ET #127

    I wouldn’t touch Cardano, Tron, Ripple, Steller, or NEM. 

    Reply
    I wouldn’t touch Cardano, Tron, Ripple, Steller, or NEM. 

     
    FadeOnly
    FadeOnly
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 16675
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2018 - 8:11 PM ET #128

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    I wouldn’t touch Cardano, Tron, Ripple, Steller, or NEM. 


    My 3 biggest coins are Stellar, Ripple, and Tron!  And I plan on picking up Cardano in the very near future.  

    Why are you against these coins?  I see nowhere to go but up.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    I wouldn’t touch Cardano, Tron, Ripple, Steller, or NEM. 


    My 3 biggest coins are Stellar, Ripple, and Tron!  And I plan on picking up Cardano in the very near future.  

    Why are you against these coins?  I see nowhere to go but up.
     
    FadeOnly
    FadeOnly
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 16675
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2018 - 8:14 PM ET #129

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    buck,

    At 10 that ADA has the same market cap as bitcoin??? It has such a huge float and market cap at 26 BILLION already! I dont see massive upside relative to the market cap.

    So what else is there that isnt phony garbage but has some relative upside? 


    I'm very new to this but I've read that market cap is not a true indicator of a coin's maximum price.  If it was, wouldn't Ripple have stopped around $1 like you said it would?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    buck,

    At 10 that ADA has the same market cap as bitcoin??? It has such a huge float and market cap at 26 BILLION already! I dont see massive upside relative to the market cap.

    So what else is there that isnt phony garbage but has some relative upside? 


    I'm very new to this but I've read that market cap is not a true indicator of a coin's maximum price.  If it was, wouldn't Ripple have stopped around $1 like you said it would?
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2018 - 8:37 PM ET #130

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeOnly:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers: buck, At 10 that ADA has the same market cap as bitcoin??? It has such a huge float and market cap at 26 BILLION already! I dont see massive upside relative to the market cap. So what else is there that isnt phony garbage but has some relative upside?  I'm very new to this but I've read that market cap is not a true indicator of a coin's maximum price.  If it was, wouldn't Ripple have stopped around $1 like you said it would?

    No in that case my comments were (and are) based on what the owners and management said regarding the intention for XRP, that they were against the price swings and the intention was for a bank platform to transfer money more on an institutional level and that is why I thought they would target 1.00 per and try to keep it there. If you go to the Ripple website and read the interviews and commentary they have and their intentions you will likely see what I also saw. They have enough supply to sink this thing in 10 minutes if they want to but maybe that was a smoke screen and they are not wanting to do that right now until they get more backing and support for that concept.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeOnly:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers: buck, At 10 that ADA has the same market cap as bitcoin??? It has such a huge float and market cap at 26 BILLION already! I dont see massive upside relative to the market cap. So what else is there that isnt phony garbage but has some relative upside?  I'm very new to this but I've read that market cap is not a true indicator of a coin's maximum price.  If it was, wouldn't Ripple have stopped around $1 like you said it would?

    No in that case my comments were (and are) based on what the owners and management said regarding the intention for XRP, that they were against the price swings and the intention was for a bank platform to transfer money more on an institutional level and that is why I thought they would target 1.00 per and try to keep it there. If you go to the Ripple website and read the interviews and commentary they have and their intentions you will likely see what I also saw. They have enough supply to sink this thing in 10 minutes if they want to but maybe that was a smoke screen and they are not wanting to do that right now until they get more backing and support for that concept.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2018 - 10:02 PM ET #131

    They were fine if you had them before they mooned last week. Don’t see much upside at the moment. 
    Reply
    They were fine if you had them before they mooned last week. Don’t see much upside at the moment. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 12:17 AM ET #132

    The market cap of a coin gives an indication of its limits. If you think Cardano is going to $10 than it would have a $250 billion market cap, which would be Ripple and Ethereum’s combined cap. 
    Reply
    The market cap of a coin gives an indication of its limits. If you think Cardano is going to $10 than it would have a $250 billion market cap, which would be Ripple and Ethereum’s combined cap. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 12:23 AM ET #133

    Neo is $100. If Cardano reached $100 as bucknuts says, it would have a market cap of $2.5 trillion. 3 times as much as the current overall market cap for all crypto currencies ($820 billion). 
    Reply
    Neo is $100. If Cardano reached $100 as bucknuts says, it would have a market cap of $2.5 trillion. 3 times as much as the current overall market cap for all crypto currencies ($820 billion). 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 1:22 PM ET #134

    Moving in on Nebulas (NAS) and ChainLink (LINK). 
    Reply
    Moving in on Nebulas (NAS) and ChainLink (LINK). 
     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 2:13 PM ET #135

    You use Binance, Detox?

    Reply

    You use Binance, Detox?

     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 3:04 PM ET #136

    I love Ada..yeah those are some lofty numbers I give ya that but long term I think it becomes a big player here...then again hashgraph is coming so all this blockchain tech could fall by the wayside as new tech emerges.The cap on this market is going to do nothing but grow steadily from here on out obviously,look where it was just in Nov till now..

    Wall check out Substratum,I keep sayn it but Ive been telln everybody to get in since .30 cents,its almost $3.Beta this month,bittrex listing upon code review and a coin burn should all come in next 30 days.Think we are looking at a min $8 Sub here by March.

    Jaimie not sure how many exchanges everybody is using but Im on binance and kucoin.Please feel free to sign up via my link here.. https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=1cc6b

    Detox if you havent joined kucoin you should look into it,especially if youre a fan of Neo they have been first to list Neos projects like DBC which I got in at .07 December 29th and is now over .40.
    Neos "Thekey" comes next month(think thats what I read)and its already in use in 31 cities in Asia..Im expecting the same type of run with this one as DBC once listed and moved to other exchanges..again feel free to use my link,they are accepting new traders again but they had registration froze for a min.

    Reply
    I love Ada..yeah those are some lofty numbers I give ya that but long term I think it becomes a big player here...then again hashgraph is coming so all this blockchain tech could fall by the wayside as new tech emerges.The cap on this market is going to do nothing but grow steadily from here on out obviously,look where it was just in Nov till now..

    Wall check out Substratum,I keep sayn it but Ive been telln everybody to get in since .30 cents,its almost $3.Beta this month,bittrex listing upon code review and a coin burn should all come in next 30 days.Think we are looking at a min $8 Sub here by March.

    Jaimie not sure how many exchanges everybody is using but Im on binance and kucoin.Please feel free to sign up via my link here.. https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=1cc6b

    Detox if you havent joined kucoin you should look into it,especially if youre a fan of Neo they have been first to list Neos projects like DBC which I got in at .07 December 29th and is now over .40.
    Neos "Thekey" comes next month(think thats what I read)and its already in use in 31 cities in Asia..Im expecting the same type of run with this one as DBC once listed and moved to other exchanges..again feel free to use my link,they are accepting new traders again but they had registration froze for a min.

     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 3:26 PM ET #137

    I forgot to mention,since Ive signed up at kucoin and had so much time off work I literally spent an hr or so a day spamming my link to kucoin on every news story on FB and even hit youtube videos LMAO..we will see if it actually pays.Odd thing though I only have 20 direct signups and over 250 indirect,not sure if they are considered indirect until funds are moved over what the deal is but Im gonna keep doing it and try to get #s up as high as possible!

    Reply
    I forgot to mention,since Ive signed up at kucoin and had so much time off work I literally spent an hr or so a day spamming my link to kucoin on every news story on FB and even hit youtube videos LMAO..we will see if it actually pays.Odd thing though I only have 20 direct signups and over 250 indirect,not sure if they are considered indirect until funds are moved over what the deal is but Im gonna keep doing it and try to get #s up as high as possible!

     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 3:27 PM ET #138

    Thanks, Buck...been trying to get another exchange, but Binance is full up at the moment and not accepting new registrants.

    Happy enough with Kraken, but it doesn't have all the coins.

    Onward.

    Reply

    Thanks, Buck...been trying to get another exchange, but Binance is full up at the moment and not accepting new registrants.

    Happy enough with Kraken, but it doesn't have all the coins.

    Onward.

     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 3:48 PM ET #139

    Wow...I'm a little amazed...All it takes to register is two-step authentication? I must be missing something here, like withdrawing? Have you tried to get any money out of Kucoin, Buck?

    Reply

    Wow...I'm a little amazed...All it takes to register is two-step authentication? I must be missing something here, like withdrawing? Have you tried to get any money out of Kucoin, Buck?

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 3:50 PM ET #140

    I’m on Binance and gate.io 
    Reply
    I’m on Binance and gate.io 
     
    FadeOnly
    FadeOnly
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 16675
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 4:38 PM ET #141

    Binance is accepting new users again but on a daily limited basis.  


    See this official update from them...

    https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003834812
    Reply
    Binance is accepting new users again but on a daily limited basis.  


    See this official update from them...

    https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003834812
     
    FadeOnly
    FadeOnly
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 16675
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 4:42 PM ET #142

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    They were fine if you had them before they mooned last week. Don’t see much upside at the moment. 

    Well I managed to get in on all of them before they went up.  Not at pennies but enough that I've secured nice gains at this point and a little market fluctuation doesn't hurt me.  

    I'm looking to add more to XLM.  Now seems to be the time, while the whole market is dipped.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    They were fine if you had them before they mooned last week. Don’t see much upside at the moment. 

    Well I managed to get in on all of them before they went up.  Not at pennies but enough that I've secured nice gains at this point and a little market fluctuation doesn't hurt me.  

    I'm looking to add more to XLM.  Now seems to be the time, while the whole market is dipped.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 5:08 PM ET #143

    I dont see todays action as any dip, in fact the way it swarmed back so quickly tells me nobody got shook and these so called dips are not legit. I also find it odd how the coverage on this group is so biased to the long side...any drop and there are panic headlines when nobody was freaking out when these same names went up the same ammt over and over.

    There has to be a major dump and some blood on the streets before it is time to buy for me, not some 2 hr plunge and immediate bounce.

     

    Id also be interested in more about where this goes next vs chasing valuation in all the same names everyone else is. So what needs to change, what is going to evolve and what will bring that about and how can you invest in that now?

    Reply

    I dont see todays action as any dip, in fact the way it swarmed back so quickly tells me nobody got shook and these so called dips are not legit. I also find it odd how the coverage on this group is so biased to the long side...any drop and there are panic headlines when nobody was freaking out when these same names went up the same ammt over and over.

    There has to be a major dump and some blood on the streets before it is time to buy for me, not some 2 hr plunge and immediate bounce.

     

    Id also be interested in more about where this goes next vs chasing valuation in all the same names everyone else is. So what needs to change, what is going to evolve and what will bring that about and how can you invest in that now?

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 6:43 PM ET #144

    Wall I think you should at least set up an account at Coinbase or something with $100. If everything does go to crap it can take a while to verified etc and you could miss out. Once you’re in you can lock in prices on Bitcoin or Ethereum immediately up to $10k... it will then take over a week for the funds to arrive if you wanted to buy other stuff on Binance or an exchange like it. 
    Reply
    Wall I think you should at least set up an account at Coinbase or something with $100. If everything does go to crap it can take a while to verified etc and you could miss out. Once you’re in you can lock in prices on Bitcoin or Ethereum immediately up to $10k... it will then take over a week for the funds to arrive if you wanted to buy other stuff on Binance or an exchange like it. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 6:48 PM ET #145

    I think the safest, ready to strike position is.... 

    Coinbase 
    $5k Bitcoin 
    $5k Ethereum 

    I’d also recommend starting a new bank account at a big bank like BOA for this crap. 
    Reply
    I think the safest, ready to strike position is.... 

    Coinbase 
    $5k Bitcoin 
    $5k Ethereum 

    I’d also recommend starting a new bank account at a big bank like BOA for this crap. 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 7:30 PM ET #146

    Well I am not going to open a new acct, I am with a pretty big bank and have a decade plus history with them. I also worry about what the best solutions are once acquisition takes place for safety and I need to research which has the best liquidity and what the spreads are etc. I watch a site that has most all the names on a streaming load but that doesnt tell me what the spreads are or how difficult it is to place an order. I really do not like that you have to do 3 steps to make a transaction...move the money from bank to one of the big names, then the big name to the next name and sometimes on a completely different exchange. This reeks of inefficiency and it cant continue longer term. I am also not going to look into any little names with lousy liquidity and big spreads...if something happens you get stuck with no out and I dont care for that at all.

    For 100 bucks I dont care and yeah I can set these up just in case of course.

    Reply

    Well I am not going to open a new acct, I am with a pretty big bank and have a decade plus history with them. I also worry about what the best solutions are once acquisition takes place for safety and I need to research which has the best liquidity and what the spreads are etc. I watch a site that has most all the names on a streaming load but that doesnt tell me what the spreads are or how difficult it is to place an order. I really do not like that you have to do 3 steps to make a transaction...move the money from bank to one of the big names, then the big name to the next name and sometimes on a completely different exchange. This reeks of inefficiency and it cant continue longer term. I am also not going to look into any little names with lousy liquidity and big spreads...if something happens you get stuck with no out and I dont care for that at all.

    For 100 bucks I dont care and yeah I can set these up just in case of course.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 7:41 PM ET #147

    You don’t want all this crap tied to your regular account.  


    Reply
    You don’t want all this crap tied to your regular account.  


     
    Bigballer
    Bigballer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 4151
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 8:07 PM ET #148

    I'm a bit of newbie to this. Started trading 2 weeks ago and I have a position on Tron (.06), Ripple (2.95, yuck), SUB (2.36) and REQ (.76). Plan on being in it for the long haul

    Does anyone have any insight on what caused that 2 hour dip this morning? Seems like everything was down including BTC and ETH along with every ALTCOIN. If all the Altcoins are down, shouldnt BTC and ETH be up? I just dont understand how everything could have dipped so hard during that 2 hour period and then rebounded almost back to normal within a 2 hour period
    Big Ballin' since '02
    Reply
    I'm a bit of newbie to this. Started trading 2 weeks ago and I have a position on Tron (.06), Ripple (2.95, yuck), SUB (2.36) and REQ (.76). Plan on being in it for the long haul

    Does anyone have any insight on what caused that 2 hour dip this morning? Seems like everything was down including BTC and ETH along with every ALTCOIN. If all the Altcoins are down, shouldnt BTC and ETH be up? I just dont understand how everything could have dipped so hard during that 2 hour period and then rebounded almost back to normal within a 2 hour period
     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 8:18 PM ET #149

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Well I am not going to open a new acct, I am with a pretty big bank and have a decade plus history with them. I also worry about what the best solutions are once acquisition takes place for safety and I need to research which has the best liquidity and what the spreads are etc. I watch a site that has most all the names on a streaming load but that doesnt tell me what the spreads are or how difficult it is to place an order. I really do not like that you have to do 3 steps to make a transaction...move the money from bank to one of the big names, then the big name to the next name and sometimes on a completely different exchange. This reeks of inefficiency and it cant continue longer term. I am also not going to look into any little names with lousy liquidity and big spreads...if something happens you get stuck with no out and I dont care for that at all. For 100 bucks I dont care and yeah I can set these up just in case of course.

    WallSt...with much respect..I don't get why you want to make this play...Your heart is no where near in it...This is speculation, pure and simple...it's a gold rush...for those who got in early, they have a stake and are playing with house money...For you, I think your energy and intellect (of which I would want to tap) would be much better served in the traditional markets.

    My very small $.02.

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Well I am not going to open a new acct, I am with a pretty big bank and have a decade plus history with them. I also worry about what the best solutions are once acquisition takes place for safety and I need to research which has the best liquidity and what the spreads are etc. I watch a site that has most all the names on a streaming load but that doesnt tell me what the spreads are or how difficult it is to place an order. I really do not like that you have to do 3 steps to make a transaction...move the money from bank to one of the big names, then the big name to the next name and sometimes on a completely different exchange. This reeks of inefficiency and it cant continue longer term. I am also not going to look into any little names with lousy liquidity and big spreads...if something happens you get stuck with no out and I dont care for that at all. For 100 bucks I dont care and yeah I can set these up just in case of course.

    WallSt...with much respect..I don't get why you want to make this play...Your heart is no where near in it...This is speculation, pure and simple...it's a gold rush...for those who got in early, they have a stake and are playing with house money...For you, I think your energy and intellect (of which I would want to tap) would be much better served in the traditional markets.

    My very small $.02.

     

     

     
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 8:35 PM ET #150

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieR44:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers: Well I am not going to open a new acct, I am with a pretty big bank and have a decade plus history with them. I also worry about what the best solutions are once acquisition takes place for safety and I need to research which has the best liquidity and what the spreads are etc. I watch a site that has most all the names on a streaming load but that doesnt tell me what the spreads are or how difficult it is to place an order. I really do not like that you have to do 3 steps to make a transaction...move the money from bank to one of the big names, then the big name to the next name and sometimes on a completely different exchange. This reeks of inefficiency and it cant continue longer term. I am also not going to look into any little names with lousy liquidity and big spreads...if something happens you get stuck with no out and I dont care for that at all. For 100 bucks I dont care and yeah I can set these up just in case of course. WallSt...with much respect..I don't get why you want to make this play...Your heart is no where near in it...This is speculation, pure and simple...it's a gold rush...for those who got in early, they have a stake and are playing with house money...For you, I think your energy and intellect (of which I would want to tap) would be much better served in the traditional markets. My very small $.02.

     

    Its funny you say that and thanks for saying it...but the reason I am this way comes from all the massive risks I've taken over the years...this is in the same vein but for sure I am not conservative and I do and will take risk. I cut my teeth trading options like 25 yrs ago, I was a broker during the .com bubble, I traded options on Amazon when they first traded as a public stock, I survived the .com bust, the housing bust and now this. I've learned from being burned to spend a ton of time learning before making a decision and to distrust the market...we are not even molecules in this market, we are merely chum in the waters and you need to trade thinking that...and always remember we have no control over what happens, we do nothing with regard to moving the markets...so if you can get out in front of the herd you CAN beat the market. I dont see value chasing a bubble, but that doesnt mean I am against doing so.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieR44:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers: Well I am not going to open a new acct, I am with a pretty big bank and have a decade plus history with them. I also worry about what the best solutions are once acquisition takes place for safety and I need to research which has the best liquidity and what the spreads are etc. I watch a site that has most all the names on a streaming load but that doesnt tell me what the spreads are or how difficult it is to place an order. I really do not like that you have to do 3 steps to make a transaction...move the money from bank to one of the big names, then the big name to the next name and sometimes on a completely different exchange. This reeks of inefficiency and it cant continue longer term. I am also not going to look into any little names with lousy liquidity and big spreads...if something happens you get stuck with no out and I dont care for that at all. For 100 bucks I dont care and yeah I can set these up just in case of course. WallSt...with much respect..I don't get why you want to make this play...Your heart is no where near in it...This is speculation, pure and simple...it's a gold rush...for those who got in early, they have a stake and are playing with house money...For you, I think your energy and intellect (of which I would want to tap) would be much better served in the traditional markets. My very small $.02.

     

    Its funny you say that and thanks for saying it...but the reason I am this way comes from all the massive risks I've taken over the years...this is in the same vein but for sure I am not conservative and I do and will take risk. I cut my teeth trading options like 25 yrs ago, I was a broker during the .com bubble, I traded options on Amazon when they first traded as a public stock, I survived the .com bust, the housing bust and now this. I've learned from being burned to spend a ton of time learning before making a decision and to distrust the market...we are not even molecules in this market, we are merely chum in the waters and you need to trade thinking that...and always remember we have no control over what happens, we do nothing with regard to moving the markets...so if you can get out in front of the herd you CAN beat the market. I dont see value chasing a bubble, but that doesnt mean I am against doing so.

    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 678 ... 146147148 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 451,464
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 631
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,209
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,014
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,478
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 4,876
    • PART DEUX 146
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,844
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,759
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,643

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.