• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    Crypto thread

    «First Previous 789 ... 146147148 Next Last»
    wallstreetcappers
    JamieR44
    I_Need_A_Detox
    bucknuts
    FadeOnly
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 29143
    Posts: 3681
    «First Previous 789 ... 146147148 Next Last»
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 8:36 PM ET #151

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    You don’t want all this crap tied to your regular account.

     

    That sounds ominous...how can you get into a position with 5k limits anyway? I dont want to open another acct, I dont like the sound of that at all!

     

    an_speechless

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    You don’t want all this crap tied to your regular account.

     

    That sounds ominous...how can you get into a position with 5k limits anyway? I dont want to open another acct, I dont like the sound of that at all!

     

    an_speechless

     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 8:37 PM ET #152

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer:

    I'm a bit of newbie to this. Started trading 2 weeks ago and I have a position on Tron (.06), Ripple (2.95, yuck), SUB (2.36) and REQ (.76). Plan on being in it for the long haulDoes anyone have any insight on what caused that 2 hour dip this morning? Seems like everything was down including BTC and ETH along with every ALTCOIN. If all the Altcoins are down, shouldnt BTC and ETH be up? I just dont understand how everything could have dipped so hard during that 2 hour period and then rebounded almost back to normal within a 2 hour period

    From today's WSJ:

    Prices for some of the most popular cryptocurrencies dropped sharply Monday. One apparent reason: an adjustment from a popular website on its digital-currency price quotes.

    A website called coinmarketcap.com on Monday removed data from some South Korean exchanges from its price quotes for a range of virtual currencies including bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple’s XRP. The move followed a South Korean government .

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer:

    I'm a bit of newbie to this. Started trading 2 weeks ago and I have a position on Tron (.06), Ripple (2.95, yuck), SUB (2.36) and REQ (.76). Plan on being in it for the long haulDoes anyone have any insight on what caused that 2 hour dip this morning? Seems like everything was down including BTC and ETH along with every ALTCOIN. If all the Altcoins are down, shouldnt BTC and ETH be up? I just dont understand how everything could have dipped so hard during that 2 hour period and then rebounded almost back to normal within a 2 hour period

    From today's WSJ:

    Prices for some of the most popular cryptocurrencies dropped sharply Monday. One apparent reason: an adjustment from a popular website on its digital-currency price quotes.

    A website called coinmarketcap.com on Monday removed data from some South Korean exchanges from its price quotes for a range of virtual currencies including bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple’s XRP. The move followed a South Korean government .

     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 8:40 PM ET #153

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by JamieR44: QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers: Well I am not going to open a new acct, I am with a pretty big bank and have a decade plus history with them. I also worry about what the best solutions are once acquisition takes place for safety and I need to research which has the best liquidity and what the spreads are etc. I watch a site that has most all the names on a streaming load but that doesnt tell me what the spreads are or how difficult it is to place an order. I really do not like that you have to do 3 steps to make a transaction...move the money from bank to one of the big names, then the big name to the next name and sometimes on a completely different exchange. This reeks of inefficiency and it cant continue longer term. I am also not going to look into any little names with lousy liquidity and big spreads...if something happens you get stuck with no out and I dont care for that at all. For 100 bucks I dont care and yeah I can set these up just in case of course. WallSt...with much respect..I don't get why you want to make this play...Your heart is no where near in it...This is speculation, pure and simple...it's a gold rush...for those who got in early, they have a stake and are playing with house money...For you, I think your energy and intellect (of which I would want to tap) would be much better served in the traditional markets. My very small $.02.   Its funny you say that and thanks for saying it...but the reason I am this way comes from all the massive risks I've taken over the years...this is in the same vein but for sure I am not conservative and I do and will take risk. I cut my teeth trading options like 25 yrs ago, I was a broker during the .com bubble, I traded options on Amazon when they first traded as a public stock, I survived the .com bust, the housing bust and now this. I've learned from being burned to spend a ton of time learning before making a decision and to distrust the market...we are not even molecules in this market, we are merely chum in the waters and you need to trade thinking that...and always remember we have no control over what happens, we do nothing with regard to moving the markets...so if you can get out in front of the herd you CAN beat the market. I dont see value chasing a bubble, but that doesnt mean I am against doing so.

    Agreed...all the way around.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by JamieR44: QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers: Well I am not going to open a new acct, I am with a pretty big bank and have a decade plus history with them. I also worry about what the best solutions are once acquisition takes place for safety and I need to research which has the best liquidity and what the spreads are etc. I watch a site that has most all the names on a streaming load but that doesnt tell me what the spreads are or how difficult it is to place an order. I really do not like that you have to do 3 steps to make a transaction...move the money from bank to one of the big names, then the big name to the next name and sometimes on a completely different exchange. This reeks of inefficiency and it cant continue longer term. I am also not going to look into any little names with lousy liquidity and big spreads...if something happens you get stuck with no out and I dont care for that at all. For 100 bucks I dont care and yeah I can set these up just in case of course. WallSt...with much respect..I don't get why you want to make this play...Your heart is no where near in it...This is speculation, pure and simple...it's a gold rush...for those who got in early, they have a stake and are playing with house money...For you, I think your energy and intellect (of which I would want to tap) would be much better served in the traditional markets. My very small $.02.   Its funny you say that and thanks for saying it...but the reason I am this way comes from all the massive risks I've taken over the years...this is in the same vein but for sure I am not conservative and I do and will take risk. I cut my teeth trading options like 25 yrs ago, I was a broker during the .com bubble, I traded options on Amazon when they first traded as a public stock, I survived the .com bust, the housing bust and now this. I've learned from being burned to spend a ton of time learning before making a decision and to distrust the market...we are not even molecules in this market, we are merely chum in the waters and you need to trade thinking that...and always remember we have no control over what happens, we do nothing with regard to moving the markets...so if you can get out in front of the herd you CAN beat the market. I dont see value chasing a bubble, but that doesnt mean I am against doing so.

    Agreed...all the way around.

     

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 9:03 PM ET #154

    The sites that turn fiat into crypto have $10k a week limits. 
    Reply
    The sites that turn fiat into crypto have $10k a week limits. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2018 - 4:35 PM ET #155

    Let’s go Wall, get in the game for crying out loud. 

    Reply
    Let’s go Wall, get in the game for crying out loud. 

     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2018 - 6:13 PM ET #156

    Screw coinbase..you pay higher prices and the limits are worthless..get in thru a bitcoin atm or buy locla bitcoin or libertyx..bet you theres a store 5 mins from your house where you can get in now with $1000 daily limit.

    Jaimie I took my DBC off kucoin with no issues,was in my wallet protected by the nano in less then 10 mins.
    DBC nearing .70 lol a 10 bagger in less than two weeks,simply AMAZEBALLS!!New exchange listing Jan 18th!!
    SUB also officially a 10 bagger!!

    No Neo side projects Detox?

    Reply
    Screw coinbase..you pay higher prices and the limits are worthless..get in thru a bitcoin atm or buy locla bitcoin or libertyx..bet you theres a store 5 mins from your house where you can get in now with $1000 daily limit.

    Jaimie I took my DBC off kucoin with no issues,was in my wallet protected by the nano in less then 10 mins.
    DBC nearing .70 lol a 10 bagger in less than two weeks,simply AMAZEBALLS!!New exchange listing Jan 18th!!
    SUB also officially a 10 bagger!!

    No Neo side projects Detox?

     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2018 - 6:18 PM ET #157

    Guys look into wall of coins or buy local bitcoin for whenever you want to take money out,dont have to move it from place to place and you make an extra 7%+ on your way out!!!Im gonna sign up for buy local and see whats need to be a seller.
    Reply
    Guys look into wall of coins or buy local bitcoin for whenever you want to take money out,dont have to move it from place to place and you make an extra 7%+ on your way out!!!Im gonna sign up for buy local and see whats need to be a seller.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2018 - 6:58 PM ET #158

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Let’s go Wall, get in the game for crying out loud.

     

    It isnt the money or the risk, trading stocks and Forex is as or more risky than this...I just dont see the valuations and there hasnt been a dip which means the market is ripe for a major shakeout and maybe then I might be more motivated. I also am not 100% confident in funds being secure and liquid. That to me is the top issue, that the markets are unknown and unstable.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Let’s go Wall, get in the game for crying out loud.

     

    It isnt the money or the risk, trading stocks and Forex is as or more risky than this...I just dont see the valuations and there hasnt been a dip which means the market is ripe for a major shakeout and maybe then I might be more motivated. I also am not 100% confident in funds being secure and liquid. That to me is the top issue, that the markets are unknown and unstable.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2018 - 8:01 PM ET #159

    I’m not 100% sure about funds being secure either and I have a good amount sitting on exchanges in Asia 

    What can you do 


    Reply
    I’m not 100% sure about funds being secure either and I have a good amount sitting on exchanges in Asia 

    What can you do 


     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2018 - 8:34 PM ET #160

    Also I am not looking to play around with 100 bucks or 500 bucks...to me that would take a MAJOR MAJOR lucky break (like has happened for many of course) so I would probably want to do 10k to 15k and try to make some sort of move, also I am not wanting to play dogecoin or some unknown names...to me what I am looking for is one that has a higher price, lower total market cap and maybe is a future mover, a big player...that to me is interesting. So looking at the list and not having really dug in yet what looks interesting to me are-

    DASH

    NEO

    Monero

    Bitcoin Gold

    ZCash

    REP

    DCR

    But then I have to find out more about them and if they are liquid and the story...it takes time that I am not having and I bet if I look up charts on these I am going to puke anyway seeing where they were 3 months ago...lol

    Reply

    Also I am not looking to play around with 100 bucks or 500 bucks...to me that would take a MAJOR MAJOR lucky break (like has happened for many of course) so I would probably want to do 10k to 15k and try to make some sort of move, also I am not wanting to play dogecoin or some unknown names...to me what I am looking for is one that has a higher price, lower total market cap and maybe is a future mover, a big player...that to me is interesting. So looking at the list and not having really dug in yet what looks interesting to me are-

    DASH

    NEO

    Monero

    Bitcoin Gold

    ZCash

    REP

    DCR

    But then I have to find out more about them and if they are liquid and the story...it takes time that I am not having and I bet if I look up charts on these I am going to puke anyway seeing where they were 3 months ago...lol

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2018 - 8:58 PM ET #161

    NEO, Icon and Ethereum would be 3 good ones for you 

    Neo was $0.10 Jan 2017 and is now $120.00 but it’s going to keep going up. China has restrictions/ban on crypto and they are much more likely to allow NEO because it was created by Chinese developers. 

    Dash is steady. 

    I own a few Monero so obviously I like it. 

    Bitcoin Gold is crap imo. 

    I don’t know much about Auger. 

    I like Decred, almost got into it. 
    Reply
    NEO, Icon and Ethereum would be 3 good ones for you 

    Neo was $0.10 Jan 2017 and is now $120.00 but it’s going to keep going up. China has restrictions/ban on crypto and they are much more likely to allow NEO because it was created by Chinese developers. 

    Dash is steady. 

    I own a few Monero so obviously I like it. 

    Bitcoin Gold is crap imo. 

    I don’t know much about Auger. 

    I like Decred, almost got into it. 
     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2018 - 9:26 PM ET #162

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    NEO, Icon and Ethereum would be 3 good ones for you Neo was $0.10 Jan 2017 and is now $120.00 but it’s going to keep going up. China has restrictions/ban on crypto and they are much more likely to allow NEO because it was created by Chinese developers. Dash is steady. I own a few Monero so obviously I like it. Bitcoin Gold is crap imo. I don’t know much about Auger. I like Decred, almost got into it.

    I second ETH...it's held steady, even bumped up a few points, the last few days when everything was on a swing.

    I do also own Ripple and very small BTC.

    My kid, a crypto kid, is big on Monero, so I shall look there a bit.

    This isn't going anywhere soon Wall, so do the due dilligence. It's a bit like the FANG or AMZN ride, you can almost get in any point and still make a few pennies.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    NEO, Icon and Ethereum would be 3 good ones for you Neo was $0.10 Jan 2017 and is now $120.00 but it’s going to keep going up. China has restrictions/ban on crypto and they are much more likely to allow NEO because it was created by Chinese developers. Dash is steady. I own a few Monero so obviously I like it. Bitcoin Gold is crap imo. I don’t know much about Auger. I like Decred, almost got into it.

    I second ETH...it's held steady, even bumped up a few points, the last few days when everything was on a swing.

    I do also own Ripple and very small BTC.

    My kid, a crypto kid, is big on Monero, so I shall look there a bit.

    This isn't going anywhere soon Wall, so do the due dilligence. It's a bit like the FANG or AMZN ride, you can almost get in any point and still make a few pennies.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2018 - 9:38 PM ET #163

    Snapshot from Jan 01, 2017 

    1. Bitcoin - Price $963 - Market Cap $15.5 billion 
    2. Ethereum - $8.26 - $722 million 
    3. Ripple - $0.0066 - $238 million 
    5. Monero - $13.58 - $186 million 
    7. Dash - $11.26 - $79 million 
    19. Lisk - $0.14 - $15 million 
    30. NEO - $0.14 - $7 million 

    Reply
    Snapshot from Jan 01, 2017 

    1. Bitcoin - Price $963 - Market Cap $15.5 billion 
    2. Ethereum - $8.26 - $722 million 
    3. Ripple - $0.0066 - $238 million 
    5. Monero - $13.58 - $186 million 
    7. Dash - $11.26 - $79 million 
    19. Lisk - $0.14 - $15 million 
    30. NEO - $0.14 - $7 million 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2018 - 9:57 PM ET #164

    Thats just pathetic....

     

    I cant buy into moves like that, and to think the opportunities were there. I guess the only thing to try and do is try to look forward to what might be in the future and what isnt being seen now, or wait for some major poundage and hope for a second run after a shakeout.

    Reply

    Thats just pathetic....

     

    I cant buy into moves like that, and to think the opportunities were there. I guess the only thing to try and do is try to look forward to what might be in the future and what isnt being seen now, or wait for some major poundage and hope for a second run after a shakeout.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2018 - 10:05 PM ET #165

    I bought NEO last month for $35, Ethereum for $400, Ripple for $0.30 etc etc. 

    There’s a good chance you could look at a snapshot of today and say the same thing about the opportunities. 
    Reply
    I bought NEO last month for $35, Ethereum for $400, Ripple for $0.30 etc etc. 

    There’s a good chance you could look at a snapshot of today and say the same thing about the opportunities. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2018 - 10:12 PM ET #166

    I started putting money in Dec 5... by Dec 25 I put $13k in. I now have $41k and I’ve made a bunch of mistakes. 

    I think there is good money to be made for another 6 months to 1 year. 

    Ok, I’m done being a crypto salesman. 
    Reply
    I started putting money in Dec 5... by Dec 25 I put $13k in. I now have $41k and I’ve made a bunch of mistakes. 

    I think there is good money to be made for another 6 months to 1 year. 

    Ok, I’m done being a crypto salesman. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2018 - 10:27 PM ET #167

    Snapshot from Aug 6, 2017 

    1. Bitcoin - $3,214 
    2. Ethereum - $258 
    3. Ripple - $0.18 
    4. Bitcoin Cash - $213 
    5. Litecoin - $46 
    8. Dash - $191 
    10. Monero $48 
    11. NEO $14 
    149. Binance Coin $0.14



    Reply
    Snapshot from Aug 6, 2017 

    1. Bitcoin - $3,214 
    2. Ethereum - $258 
    3. Ripple - $0.18 
    4. Bitcoin Cash - $213 
    5. Litecoin - $46 
    8. Dash - $191 
    10. Monero $48 
    11. NEO $14 
    149. Binance Coin $0.14



     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2018 - 1:05 AM ET #168

    What do you guys think of Wagerr (WGR)? 

    https://wagerr.com/

    Take a look 

    Reply
    What do you guys think of Wagerr (WGR)? 

    https://wagerr.com/

    Take a look 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2018 - 1:31 AM ET #169

    This is what I have in order of dollar worth 

    Icon 
    Neo 
    Ethereum
    Bitcoin
    Elf 
    Substratum 
    WaBi 
    Power Ledger 
    Lisk 
    Monero 
    Nebulas 
    Flik 
    Bread 
    Sirin Labs 



    Reply
    This is what I have in order of dollar worth 

    Icon 
    Neo 
    Ethereum
    Bitcoin
    Elf 
    Substratum 
    WaBi 
    Power Ledger 
    Lisk 
    Monero 
    Nebulas 
    Flik 
    Bread 
    Sirin Labs 



     
    FadeOnly
    FadeOnly
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 16675
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2018 - 10:28 AM ET #170

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    This is what I have in order of dollar worth 

    Icon 
    Neo 
    Ethereum
    Bitcoin
    Elf 
    Substratum 
    WaBi 
    Power Ledger 
    Lisk 
    Monero 
    Nebulas 
    Flik 
    Bread 
    Sirin Labs 




    Really interested in Sirin.  I think it's a great opportunity to buy a nice chunk when it gets listed on a major exchange, watch it run up and then take profit.  Can I ask how your process went when buying it?  I assume you bought through Liqui?  I have no experience with them.

    My concern is Sirin won't get any mainstream service provider to sign on with their phone.  Also, it probably won't release until at least Q3 2019.  If you're into Sirin, you should get on Status (SNT), in my opinion.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    This is what I have in order of dollar worth 

    Icon 
    Neo 
    Ethereum
    Bitcoin
    Elf 
    Substratum 
    WaBi 
    Power Ledger 
    Lisk 
    Monero 
    Nebulas 
    Flik 
    Bread 
    Sirin Labs 




    Really interested in Sirin.  I think it's a great opportunity to buy a nice chunk when it gets listed on a major exchange, watch it run up and then take profit.  Can I ask how your process went when buying it?  I assume you bought through Liqui?  I have no experience with them.

    My concern is Sirin won't get any mainstream service provider to sign on with their phone.  Also, it probably won't release until at least Q3 2019.  If you're into Sirin, you should get on Status (SNT), in my opinion.
     
    FadeOnly
    FadeOnly
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 16675
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2018 - 10:38 AM ET #171

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    What do you guys think of Wagerr (WGR)? 

    https://wagerr.com/

    Take a look 


    I am now intrigued after a quick look around their website and Reddit.  Initial reaction is that everything on their homepage is screaming "BUY THIS COIN" instead of actually telling me about the technology.  

    Detox, how many different exchanges are you on, man?  You have money flying all over the world.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    What do you guys think of Wagerr (WGR)? 

    https://wagerr.com/

    Take a look 


    I am now intrigued after a quick look around their website and Reddit.  Initial reaction is that everything on their homepage is screaming "BUY THIS COIN" instead of actually telling me about the technology.  

    Detox, how many different exchanges are you on, man?  You have money flying all over the world.
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2018 - 10:39 AM ET #172

    Market is pretty beat up right now. I’d like to think now would be a good time for a new person to get in. 
    Reply
    Market is pretty beat up right now. I’d like to think now would be a good time for a new person to get in. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2018 - 10:40 AM ET #173

    Yeah I have money sitting on some real shady exchanges. Im on 4 now. 
    Reply
    Yeah I have money sitting on some real shady exchanges. Im on 4 now. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2018 - 10:54 AM ET #174

    I’m mostly on Binance. I had to go to gate.io to get Nebulas, coin exchange to get Flik and liqui to get Sirin. 
    Reply
    I’m mostly on Binance. I had to go to gate.io to get Nebulas, coin exchange to get Flik and liqui to get Sirin. 
     
     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2018 - 10:59 AM ET #175

    What is this, WGR? If you buy WGR tokens you receive a piece of the Oracle payout? Is that how it works?

     

    Reply

    What is this, WGR? If you buy WGR tokens you receive a piece of the Oracle payout? Is that how it works?

     

    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 789 ... 146147148 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 451,451
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 631
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,209
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,014
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,478
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 4,820
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,844
    • PART DEUX 141
    • PART DEUX 300
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,759

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.