Posted:
#151
Update on Apache M
Posted:
#152
Quote Originally Posted by jcmhou1:
Had the funeral today with the 21 gun salute and the masons doing their presentation of a passing brother. I am still numb. Can't believe my dad is really gone. Was hoping this morning when I woke up it was going to be a dream. I really didn't know how loved and respected he was on this forum. It really makes me feel like you got to enjoy the man that was my father even though you never met him. Thru his posts you could tell the kind of man he was. I can't say enough of the great things that have been said about him. It really makes me feel special. Thanks for everything and I will try to keep posting some of the things he used to say and share them with you all.
Had the funeral today with the 21 gun salute and the masons doing their presentation of a passing brother. I am still numb. Can't believe my dad is really gone. Was hoping this morning when I woke up it was going to be a dream. I really didn't know how loved and respected he was on this forum. It really makes me feel like you got to enjoy the man that was my father even though you never met him. Thru his posts you could tell the kind of man he was. I can't say enough of the great things that have been said about him. It really makes me feel special. Thanks for everything and I will try to keep posting some of the things he used to say and share them with you all.
Sounds like a tremendous send-off and the respect that he so deserved. This is VERY IMPORTANT. We would LOVE to hear the things he shared with his son. Nuggets of wisdom. Even stupid things you may not feel relevant or would be understood by us Covers Degenerates. Remember...Your father spoke in a way that everyone here understood.
~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
Quote Originally Posted by jcmhou1:
Had the funeral today with the 21 gun salute and the masons doing their presentation of a passing brother. I am still numb. Can't believe my dad is really gone. Was hoping this morning when I woke up it was going to be a dream. I really didn't know how loved and respected he was on this forum. It really makes me feel like you got to enjoy the man that was my father even though you never met him. Thru his posts you could tell the kind of man he was. I can't say enough of the great things that have been said about him. It really makes me feel special. Thanks for everything and I will try to keep posting some of the things he used to say and share them with you all.
Had the funeral today with the 21 gun salute and the masons doing their presentation of a passing brother. I am still numb. Can't believe my dad is really gone. Was hoping this morning when I woke up it was going to be a dream. I really didn't know how loved and respected he was on this forum. It really makes me feel like you got to enjoy the man that was my father even though you never met him. Thru his posts you could tell the kind of man he was. I can't say enough of the great things that have been said about him. It really makes me feel special. Thanks for everything and I will try to keep posting some of the things he used to say and share them with you all.
Sounds like a tremendous send-off and the respect that he so deserved. This is VERY IMPORTANT. We would LOVE to hear the things he shared with his son. Nuggets of wisdom. Even stupid things you may not feel relevant or would be understood by us Covers Degenerates. Remember...Your father spoke in a way that everyone here understood.
Posted:
#155
![]()
![]()
Apache gave good thread. ![]()
Does it tell you a little something about the sort of guy he was that even among this group of miscreants, there's not a bad word to be said.
So Long, Kimo Sabe.
You're in my thoughts JC. ![]()
![]()
![]()
Apache gave good thread. ![]()
Does it tell you a little something about the sort of guy he was that even among this group of miscreants, there's not a bad word to be said.
So Long, Kimo Sabe.
You're in my thoughts JC. ![]()
Posted:
#157
One of his favorites was if he went to church everyday someone asked him and his response was "me and the big guy have an understanding I don't preach and he doesn't sell used cars'!
One of his favorites was if he went to church everyday someone asked him and his response was "me and the big guy have an understanding I don't preach and he doesn't sell used cars'!
Posted:
#159
Quote Originally Posted by jcmhou1:
One of his favorites was if he went to church everyday someone asked him and his response was "me and the big guy have an understanding I don't preach and he doesn't sell used cars'!
One of his favorites was if he went to church everyday someone asked him and his response was "me and the big guy have an understanding I don't preach and he doesn't sell used cars'!
Yup, I remember that one.
~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
Quote Originally Posted by jcmhou1:
One of his favorites was if he went to church everyday someone asked him and his response was "me and the big guy have an understanding I don't preach and he doesn't sell used cars'!
One of his favorites was if he went to church everyday someone asked him and his response was "me and the big guy have an understanding I don't preach and he doesn't sell used cars'!
Yup, I remember that one.
Posted:
#162
Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Chris:
Very sorry to hear about your loss jcmhou1. He was a big part of the covers community and he will certainly be missed. If I was ever having a crummy day, all I had to do was look for one of your fathers threads in the general forums here and it would cheer me right up!
May he rest in peace.
https://spaces.covers.com/blog/ApacheM/Personal/06282011-Reflections.html
That's a truly touching and beautiful link. Very sorry to hear about your loss jcmhou1. He was a big part of the covers community and he will certainly be missed. If I was ever having a crummy day, all I had to do was look for one of your fathers threads in the general forums here and it would cheer me right up!
May he rest in peace.
https://spaces.covers.com/blog/ApacheM/Personal/06282011-Reflections.html
My sympathies to you and yours jcmhou1, live your life as your father would want you to, and know that the pain you feel now, will eventually ease. It may not seem possible now, but it will.
Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Chris:
Very sorry to hear about your loss jcmhou1. He was a big part of the covers community and he will certainly be missed. If I was ever having a crummy day, all I had to do was look for one of your fathers threads in the general forums here and it would cheer me right up!
May he rest in peace.
https://spaces.covers.com/blog/ApacheM/Personal/06282011-Reflections.html
That's a truly touching and beautiful link. Very sorry to hear about your loss jcmhou1. He was a big part of the covers community and he will certainly be missed. If I was ever having a crummy day, all I had to do was look for one of your fathers threads in the general forums here and it would cheer me right up!
May he rest in peace.
https://spaces.covers.com/blog/ApacheM/Personal/06282011-Reflections.html
My sympathies to you and yours jcmhou1, live your life as your father would want you to, and know that the pain you feel now, will eventually ease. It may not seem possible now, but it will.
Posted:
#163
Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Chris:
Very sorry to hear about your loss jcmhou1. He was a big part of the covers community and he will certainly be missed. If I was ever having a crummy day, all I had to do was look for one of your fathers threads in the general forums here and it would cheer me right up!
May he rest in peace.
https://spaces.covers.com/blog/ApacheM/Personal/06282011-Reflections.html
Very sorry to hear about your loss jcmhou1. He was a big part of the covers community and he will certainly be missed. If I was ever having a crummy day, all I had to do was look for one of your fathers threads in the general forums here and it would cheer me right up!
May he rest in peace.
https://spaces.covers.com/blog/ApacheM/Personal/06282011-Reflections.html
That gave me chills, great advice from a great man.
Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Chris:
Very sorry to hear about your loss jcmhou1. He was a big part of the covers community and he will certainly be missed. If I was ever having a crummy day, all I had to do was look for one of your fathers threads in the general forums here and it would cheer me right up!
May he rest in peace.
https://spaces.covers.com/blog/ApacheM/Personal/06282011-Reflections.html
Very sorry to hear about your loss jcmhou1. He was a big part of the covers community and he will certainly be missed. If I was ever having a crummy day, all I had to do was look for one of your fathers threads in the general forums here and it would cheer me right up!
May he rest in peace.
https://spaces.covers.com/blog/ApacheM/Personal/06282011-Reflections.html
That gave me chills, great advice from a great man.
Posted:
#164
Apache.....a man among men.
I've been around covers for a long time, seen a lot of people come and go. None more influential than your father.
Good jokes, great perspective, outstanding human being. All of this through a gambling forum. I can only hope that I can live my life like he did and have a positive impact on others.
Take comfort in knowing your dad was a good man...and will be surely missed.
Apache.....a man among men.
I've been around covers for a long time, seen a lot of people come and go. None more influential than your father.
Good jokes, great perspective, outstanding human being. All of this through a gambling forum. I can only hope that I can live my life like he did and have a positive impact on others.
Take comfort in knowing your dad was a good man...and will be surely missed.
Posted:
#169
Quote Originally Posted by jcmhou1:
I would ask him a question and he liked to respond "does a 10 pound sack of flour make a big biscuit!"
I would ask him a question and he liked to respond "does a 10 pound sack of flour make a big biscuit!"
My father-in-law does the same thing. He'll say "Does a bear sh*t in the woods?". LOL.
It's incredible how powerful words are - reading through your posts brought me to tears. May your dad RIP and may your family find comfort and strength in this difficult time. 
Thank you for sharing something so very personal. 
Quote Originally Posted by jcmhou1:
I would ask him a question and he liked to respond "does a 10 pound sack of flour make a big biscuit!"
I would ask him a question and he liked to respond "does a 10 pound sack of flour make a big biscuit!"
My father-in-law does the same thing. He'll say "Does a bear sh*t in the woods?". LOL.
It's incredible how powerful words are - reading through your posts brought me to tears. May your dad RIP and may your family find comfort and strength in this difficult time. 
Thank you for sharing something so very personal. 
Posted:
#170
Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Chris:
Very sorry to hear about your loss jcmhou1. He was a big part of the covers community and he will certainly be missed. If I was ever having a crummy day, all I had to do was look for one of your fathers threads in the general forums here and it would cheer me right up!
May he rest in peace.
https://spaces.covers.com/blog/ApacheM/Personal/06282011-Reflections.html
Very sorry to hear about your loss jcmhou1. He was a big part of the covers community and he will certainly be missed. If I was ever having a crummy day, all I had to do was look for one of your fathers threads in the general forums here and it would cheer me right up!
May he rest in peace.
https://spaces.covers.com/blog/ApacheM/Personal/06282011-Reflections.html
Great read man. Thank you for the post. jcmhou1, you just know you had a great father when you hear from us degenerates are words which are "undegenerate"
Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Chris:
Very sorry to hear about your loss jcmhou1. He was a big part of the covers community and he will certainly be missed. If I was ever having a crummy day, all I had to do was look for one of your fathers threads in the general forums here and it would cheer me right up!
May he rest in peace.
https://spaces.covers.com/blog/ApacheM/Personal/06282011-Reflections.html
Very sorry to hear about your loss jcmhou1. He was a big part of the covers community and he will certainly be missed. If I was ever having a crummy day, all I had to do was look for one of your fathers threads in the general forums here and it would cheer me right up!
May he rest in peace.
https://spaces.covers.com/blog/ApacheM/Personal/06282011-Reflections.html
Great read man. Thank you for the post. jcmhou1, you just know you had a great father when you hear from us degenerates are words which are "undegenerate"
Posted:
#172
Had the funeral today with the 21 gun salute and the masons doing their presentation of a passing brother. I am still numb. Can't believe my dad is really gone. Was hoping this morning when I woke up it was going to be a dream. I really didn't know how loved and respected he was on this forum.
_______________________________
He's not gone. Memories never die IMO. We all have no idea how what will happen to us. Heart attack? Cancer? Accident?
For the most part we have the ability to remember. And that's what counts.
I still remember when my grandma passed away. My dad did the eulogy. The last thing he said? "Move on we will. Forget her, we won't."
Had the funeral today with the 21 gun salute and the masons doing their presentation of a passing brother. I am still numb. Can't believe my dad is really gone. Was hoping this morning when I woke up it was going to be a dream. I really didn't know how loved and respected he was on this forum.
_______________________________
He's not gone. Memories never die IMO. We all have no idea how what will happen to us. Heart attack? Cancer? Accident?
For the most part we have the ability to remember. And that's what counts.
I still remember when my grandma passed away. My dad did the eulogy. The last thing he said? "Move on we will. Forget her, we won't."
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,138
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,799
- Thursday 10/08/2026 380
- I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,849
- 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,771
- NFL LOCKED IN! 104,981
- MLB Playoffs 17,072
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,730
- Trump's legacy? 33,977
- PART DEUX 140
Warning - External Link
Report User
Thank you for reporting
This content is abusive or harmful
This post is spam
An error has occurred
This post is spam
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google
Privacy Policy and
Terms of Service apply.
Delete Post
Are you sure you would like to remove this post?
Remove Thread
Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?
Scan Results
Login/Register
Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
