• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Stock market

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    DAVIDN
    BigBaby11
    TheGoldenGoose
    Nut_Flopper
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5903
    Posts: 85
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    DAVIDN
    DAVIDN
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 22444
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2015 - 4:41 PM ET #51

    Yikes! Gruesome finish. 
    Reply
    Yikes! Gruesome finish. 
     
    BigBaby11
    BigBaby11
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 3356
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2015 - 5:25 PM ET #52

    Hold onto your hats folks, we are in for a bumpy ride...
    Reply
    Hold onto your hats folks, we are in for a bumpy ride...
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2015 - 5:49 PM ET #53


    Who hit me?

    What did I miss?

    When does it end?

    Where is Gold at?


    Good Geezus I am a wreck.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Who hit me?

    What did I miss?

    When does it end?

    Where is Gold at?


    Good Geezus I am a wreck.
     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2015 - 7:19 PM ET #54

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Who hit me?

    What did I miss?

    When does it end?

    Where is Gold at?


    Good Geezus I am a wreck.




    RIP Goose
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Who hit me?

    What did I miss?

    When does it end?

    Where is Gold at?


    Good Geezus I am a wreck.




    RIP Goose
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2015 - 7:46 PM ET #55

    Guys, this is not a normal correction.   I am begging you guys to move your 401k's to money market asap.  I convinced a few people to do that and they did.  However there are those hard headed people who listen to the media BS.  I'm glad I reached a few people.  I've been cash in 401k for a couple years now since I know this market is BS.  Don't buy the dips, its not gonna work this time.  Just my opinion.  Do what you want. 
    Reply
    Guys, this is not a normal correction.   I am begging you guys to move your 401k's to money market asap.  I convinced a few people to do that and they did.  However there are those hard headed people who listen to the media BS.  I'm glad I reached a few people.  I've been cash in 401k for a couple years now since I know this market is BS.  Don't buy the dips, its not gonna work this time.  Just my opinion.  Do what you want. 
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2015 - 7:56 PM ET #56

    I'm seeing lots of analysts on CNBC saying to buy and this is the bottom.   Wow.  Are the big boys trying to convince everyone to stay in so they hold the bags?  Several people tried to change to money market and out of stocks on fidelity.  Their accounts were locked and they had to call to do it.  That says a lot
    Reply
    I'm seeing lots of analysts on CNBC saying to buy and this is the bottom.   Wow.  Are the big boys trying to convince everyone to stay in so they hold the bags?  Several people tried to change to money market and out of stocks on fidelity.  Their accounts were locked and they had to call to do it.  That says a lot
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2015 - 8:32 PM ET #57

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    I'm seeing lots of analysts on CNBC saying to buy and this is the bottom.   Wow.  Are the big boys trying to convince everyone to stay in so WE hold the bags?  Several people tried to change to money market and out of stocks on fidelity.  Their accounts were locked and they had to call to do it.  That says a lot
     fixed that. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    I'm seeing lots of analysts on CNBC saying to buy and this is the bottom.   Wow.  Are the big boys trying to convince everyone to stay in so WE hold the bags?  Several people tried to change to money market and out of stocks on fidelity.  Their accounts were locked and they had to call to do it.  That says a lot
     fixed that. 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2015 - 10:08 PM ET #58

    Well lets see how China goes..

    I think the US close took the air out of Japan and China..the rate change came after the market close for China yesterday, so they should have rallied it but so far it is down 1%..


    Reply
    Well lets see how China goes..

    I think the US close took the air out of Japan and China..the rate change came after the market close for China yesterday, so they should have rallied it but so far it is down 1%..


     
    mr_bollox
    mr_bollox
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 14400
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2015 - 10:18 PM ET #59

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    Guys, this is not a normal correction.   I am begging you guys to move your 401k's to money market asap.  I convinced a few people to do that and they did.  However there are those hard headed people who listen to the media BS.  I'm glad I reached a few people.  I've been cash in 401k for a couple years now since I know this market is BS.  Don't buy the dips, its not gonna work this time.  Just my opinion.  Do what you want. 

    and the sky was falling in 2008 as well

    if you're retiring in a couple of years, I'd say this is sound advice but not if you're in it for the long haul.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    Guys, this is not a normal correction.   I am begging you guys to move your 401k's to money market asap.  I convinced a few people to do that and they did.  However there are those hard headed people who listen to the media BS.  I'm glad I reached a few people.  I've been cash in 401k for a couple years now since I know this market is BS.  Don't buy the dips, its not gonna work this time.  Just my opinion.  Do what you want. 

    and the sky was falling in 2008 as well

    if you're retiring in a couple of years, I'd say this is sound advice but not if you're in it for the long haul.


     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2015 - 10:44 PM ET #60

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Well lets see how China goes..

    I think the US close took the air out of Japan and China..the rate change came after the market close for China yesterday, so they should have rallied it but so far it is down 1%..





    We can't believe the numbers coming out of China. Liars.


    Guys, I am OK.  Not Banned.  Jimmy Page just on vacation.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Well lets see how China goes..

    I think the US close took the air out of Japan and China..the rate change came after the market close for China yesterday, so they should have rallied it but so far it is down 1%..





    We can't believe the numbers coming out of China. Liars.


    Guys, I am OK.  Not Banned.  Jimmy Page just on vacation.
     
    bill702
    bill702
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 2235
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2015 - 12:08 AM ET #61

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    Guys, this is not a normal correction.   I am begging you guys to move your 401k's to money market asap.  I convinced a few people to do that and they did.  However there are those hard headed people who listen to the media BS.  I'm glad I reached a few people.  I've been cash in 401k for a couple years now since I know this market is BS.  Don't buy the dips, its not gonna work this time.  Just my opinion.  Do what you want. 
    I hope it does go down to 09 levels...I'm ready this time . 
    I was in school then, so had limited funds, but was fun to play the drastic swings, even with having limited funds. Last few years have been pretty boring. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    Guys, this is not a normal correction.   I am begging you guys to move your 401k's to money market asap.  I convinced a few people to do that and they did.  However there are those hard headed people who listen to the media BS.  I'm glad I reached a few people.  I've been cash in 401k for a couple years now since I know this market is BS.  Don't buy the dips, its not gonna work this time.  Just my opinion.  Do what you want. 
    I hope it does go down to 09 levels...I'm ready this time . 
    I was in school then, so had limited funds, but was fun to play the drastic swings, even with having limited funds. Last few years have been pretty boring. 
     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2015 - 12:10 AM ET #62

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    Guys, this is not a normal correction.   I am begging you guys to move your 401k's to money market asap.  I convinced a few people to do that and they did.  However there are those hard headed people who listen to the media BS.  I'm glad I reached a few people.  I've been cash in 401k for a couple years now since I know this market is BS.  Don't buy the dips, its not gonna work this time.  Just my opinion.  Do what you want. 

    Trying to time the market is a  proven losing strategy... yet, you are advocating it.   You are a poor study of disciplined investing.

    And for the record, you being out of the market for a couple of years means you are behind those that have been "investing" for the last couple of years... even with this correction.

    So, where does the market go from here ?  No one knows.  So stop trying to time the market

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    Guys, this is not a normal correction.   I am begging you guys to move your 401k's to money market asap.  I convinced a few people to do that and they did.  However there are those hard headed people who listen to the media BS.  I'm glad I reached a few people.  I've been cash in 401k for a couple years now since I know this market is BS.  Don't buy the dips, its not gonna work this time.  Just my opinion.  Do what you want. 

    Trying to time the market is a  proven losing strategy... yet, you are advocating it.   You are a poor study of disciplined investing.

    And for the record, you being out of the market for a couple of years means you are behind those that have been "investing" for the last couple of years... even with this correction.

    So, where does the market go from here ?  No one knows.  So stop trying to time the market

     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2015 - 6:50 AM ET #63

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    Trying to time the market is a  proven losing strategy... yet, you are advocating it.   You are a poor study of disciplined investing.

    And for the record, you being out of the market for a couple of years means you are behind those that have been "investing" for the last couple of years... even with this correction.

    So, where does the market go from here ?  No one knows.  So stop trying to time the market

     You are correct. My 401k  was out of stocks way before I should have been.  I'm admitting that.  I just thought that the big one would happen a lot sooner.  This isn't "the big one" yet.  I just feel strongly that it will be.  Just my opinion man
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    Trying to time the market is a  proven losing strategy... yet, you are advocating it.   You are a poor study of disciplined investing.

    And for the record, you being out of the market for a couple of years means you are behind those that have been "investing" for the last couple of years... even with this correction.

    So, where does the market go from here ?  No one knows.  So stop trying to time the market

     You are correct. My 401k  was out of stocks way before I should have been.  I'm admitting that.  I just thought that the big one would happen a lot sooner.  This isn't "the big one" yet.  I just feel strongly that it will be.  Just my opinion man
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2015 - 7:25 AM ET #64

    I was trying to buy some calls yesterday when the market was up on some of the triple shorts like TZA and UVXY and they were so expensive on the ask I couldn't pull the trigger.  
    Reply
    I was trying to buy some calls yesterday when the market was up on some of the triple shorts like TZA and UVXY and they were so expensive on the ask I couldn't pull the trigger.  
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34500
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2015 - 8:43 AM ET #65

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    Guys, this is not a normal correction.   I am begging you guys to move your 401k's to money market asap.  I convinced a few people to do that and they did.  However there are those hard headed people who listen to the media BS.  I'm glad I reached a few people.  I've been cash in 401k for a couple years now since I know this market is BS.  Don't buy the dips, its not gonna work this time.  Just my opinion.  Do what you want. 
    I see a couple of folks hit on this.  But this is not sound advice at all.  This is what clips a lot of folks.  They get out too late and then get back in too early.  Then you have devastated their 401k. Just as your's was by not having at least something in the market for the last couple of years. I very much wish you would tell the few that trusted you enough to do this that you have rethought it and changed your mind. 
    Why is this the big one to you?  It could be---not saying it isn't. I am asking exactly why you feel so strongly that the very next dip would be the big one---so much so, that you stayed out of the market for two years?!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    Guys, this is not a normal correction.   I am begging you guys to move your 401k's to money market asap.  I convinced a few people to do that and they did.  However there are those hard headed people who listen to the media BS.  I'm glad I reached a few people.  I've been cash in 401k for a couple years now since I know this market is BS.  Don't buy the dips, its not gonna work this time.  Just my opinion.  Do what you want. 
    I see a couple of folks hit on this.  But this is not sound advice at all.  This is what clips a lot of folks.  They get out too late and then get back in too early.  Then you have devastated their 401k. Just as your's was by not having at least something in the market for the last couple of years. I very much wish you would tell the few that trusted you enough to do this that you have rethought it and changed your mind. 
    Why is this the big one to you?  It could be---not saying it isn't. I am asking exactly why you feel so strongly that the very next dip would be the big one---so much so, that you stayed out of the market for two years?!
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34500
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2015 - 8:45 AM ET #66

    Meant folks tend to get out too late and get back in too late as well.  It is simply a much more proven strategy to stay in the market.  
    Reply
    Meant folks tend to get out too late and get back in too late as well.  It is simply a much more proven strategy to stay in the market.  
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34500
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2015 - 12:23 PM ET #67

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    Guys, this is not a normal correction.   I am begging you guys to move your 401k's to money market asap.  I convinced a few people to do that and they did.  However there are those hard headed people who listen to the media BS.  I'm glad I reached a few people.  I've been cash in 401k for a couple years now since I know this market is BS.  Don't buy the dips, its not gonna work this time.  Just my opinion.  Do what you want. 
    For example,  if those folks followed your advice, you lit their 401k on fire for them. Unless you anticipate more and more of the same?  And if so, why?  You never explained your feelings?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    Guys, this is not a normal correction.   I am begging you guys to move your 401k's to money market asap.  I convinced a few people to do that and they did.  However there are those hard headed people who listen to the media BS.  I'm glad I reached a few people.  I've been cash in 401k for a couple years now since I know this market is BS.  Don't buy the dips, its not gonna work this time.  Just my opinion.  Do what you want. 
    For example,  if those folks followed your advice, you lit their 401k on fire for them. Unless you anticipate more and more of the same?  And if so, why?  You never explained your feelings?
     
    DAVIDN
    DAVIDN
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 22444
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2015 - 3:40 PM ET #68

    "5 Stocks to buy ahead of Hurricane season"


    HD - Home Depot

    LOW - Lowe's

    GNRC - Generac

    GVA - Granite Construction 

    BECN - Beacon Roofing Suppy
    Reply
    "5 Stocks to buy ahead of Hurricane season"


    HD - Home Depot

    LOW - Lowe's

    GNRC - Generac

    GVA - Granite Construction 

    BECN - Beacon Roofing Suppy
     
    Greedybastard
    Greedybastard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3022
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2015 - 4:01 PM ET #69

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDN:

    "5 Stocks to buy ahead of Hurricane season"HD - Home DepotLOW - Lowe'sGNRC - GeneracGVA - Granite Construction BECN - Beacon Roofing Suppy


    Hurricane season is half over and there hasn't been a major hurricane in the Atlantic in 10 years. Gotta pass on that chunk of advice.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDN:

    "5 Stocks to buy ahead of Hurricane season"HD - Home DepotLOW - Lowe'sGNRC - GeneracGVA - Granite Construction BECN - Beacon Roofing Suppy


    Hurricane season is half over and there hasn't been a major hurricane in the Atlantic in 10 years. Gotta pass on that chunk of advice.
     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2015 - 11:05 PM ET #70

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

     You are correct. My 401k  was out of stocks way before I should have been.  I'm admitting that.  I just thought that the big one would happen a lot sooner.  This isn't "the big one" yet.  I just feel strongly that it will be.  Just my opinion man

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

     You are correct. My 401k  was out of stocks way before I should have been.  I'm admitting that.  I just thought that the big one would happen a lot sooner.  This isn't "the big one" yet.  I just feel strongly that it will be.  Just my opinion man

     

     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Aug. 31, 2015 - 9:49 PM ET #71

    After Hours: Stocks down in futures trading ..DOW -215..-63...-28

    It's September ..so it's back to ramen noodles for awhile .

    Reply

    After Hours: Stocks down in futures trading ..DOW -215..-63...-28

    It's September ..so it's back to ramen noodles for awhile .

     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Sep. 1, 2015 - 9:11 AM ET #72

    Futures now down over -400...
    Reply
    Futures now down over -400...
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Sep. 1, 2015 - 9:58 AM ET #73

    Yeah this isnt such a big scary drop either..pretty orderly.

    China is freaking out, doing all sorts of measures because they are hiding the true recessionary economy, plus Canada economy in a recession of course..
    Reply
    Yeah this isnt such a big scary drop either..pretty orderly.

    China is freaking out, doing all sorts of measures because they are hiding the true recessionary economy, plus Canada economy in a recession of course..
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Sep. 17, 2015 - 7:34 PM ET #74

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    I see a couple of folks hit on this.  But this is not sound advice at all.  This is what clips a lot of folks.  They get out too late and then get back in too early.  Then you have devastated their 401k. Just as your's was by not having at least something in the market for the last couple of years. I very much wish you would tell the few that trusted you enough to do this that you have rethought it and changed your mind. 
    Why is this the big one to you?  It could be---not saying it isn't. I am asking exactly why you feel so strongly that the very next dip would be the big one---so much so, that you stayed out of the market for two years?!
    Why do I think this is the big one and why was I out of the market for the past 2 years? ?  My friend, we all know the free money pumped into this market.  We all know this is a bubble. But we don't want to believe it.  It's kind of as a kid, you think your dad can beat up some other kids dad. Why?  Cause it's your dad(country)   Lets get real.  This is phoney.  Do you know how many us dollars are in circulation?  1.3 trillion.  How much debt is this nation in consumer and national?/  60 trillion. Does that make sense?  Companies are making billions in profits and guess what,  the math doesn't add up.  Credit crisis coming.  The credit will be shut off sooner or later.  NO credit, no economy.  Something has to give.  Sooner or later. JUst simple math. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    I see a couple of folks hit on this.  But this is not sound advice at all.  This is what clips a lot of folks.  They get out too late and then get back in too early.  Then you have devastated their 401k. Just as your's was by not having at least something in the market for the last couple of years. I very much wish you would tell the few that trusted you enough to do this that you have rethought it and changed your mind. 
    Why is this the big one to you?  It could be---not saying it isn't. I am asking exactly why you feel so strongly that the very next dip would be the big one---so much so, that you stayed out of the market for two years?!
    Why do I think this is the big one and why was I out of the market for the past 2 years? ?  My friend, we all know the free money pumped into this market.  We all know this is a bubble. But we don't want to believe it.  It's kind of as a kid, you think your dad can beat up some other kids dad. Why?  Cause it's your dad(country)   Lets get real.  This is phoney.  Do you know how many us dollars are in circulation?  1.3 trillion.  How much debt is this nation in consumer and national?/  60 trillion. Does that make sense?  Companies are making billions in profits and guess what,  the math doesn't add up.  Credit crisis coming.  The credit will be shut off sooner or later.  NO credit, no economy.  Something has to give.  Sooner or later. JUst simple math. 
     
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Sep. 17, 2015 - 7:40 PM ET #75

    In 2008 we were so close to credit shut down.  Had that happened, the entire economy would have collapsed.     We were so close.  
    Reply
    In 2008 we were so close to credit shut down.  Had that happened, the entire economy would have collapsed.     We were so close.  
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,355
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 435
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,890
    • PART DEUX 151
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 842
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,394
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,249
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,243

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.