• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    So what's the highlight of your sports playin career???

    12 Next Last»
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    The Hawk
    Killer_B
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheBallDontLie
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1587
    Posts: 26
    12 Next Last»
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2015 - 9:03 PM ET #1

    Did you play aganst anyone famous??  Did you do something spectacular??  What's you best story??


    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Did you play aganst anyone famous??  Did you do something spectacular??  What's you best story??


     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2015 - 9:07 PM ET #2

    I have many.  I played baseball since as early as I can remember.   I had a real nice career as a  pitcher in little league.  I'm from CT.  The year before Trumbull National won the world series, my team beat them.  I am from a small town Easton.  We had 1 team which was the Easton travel team.  We lost 1 game all year.  Nobody wanted to play us.  We were not allowed to play in the little league world series tourney or even the state tourney that lead up to it because we only had 1 team.  We were considereed an all star team.  Those were the days.  Wish I could live them again.  
    Reply
    I have many.  I played baseball since as early as I can remember.   I had a real nice career as a  pitcher in little league.  I'm from CT.  The year before Trumbull National won the world series, my team beat them.  I am from a small town Easton.  We had 1 team which was the Easton travel team.  We lost 1 game all year.  Nobody wanted to play us.  We were not allowed to play in the little league world series tourney or even the state tourney that lead up to it because we only had 1 team.  We were considereed an all star team.  Those were the days.  Wish I could live them again.  
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2015 - 9:31 PM ET #3

    Had a hole in one Jan. 2, 2009. 

    Found out my late Mother had cancer one week later............

    What a week..............
    Reply
    Had a hole in one Jan. 2, 2009. 

    Found out my late Mother had cancer one week later............

    What a week..............
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6291
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2015 - 9:48 PM ET #4

    3 Perfect Games in Bowling.  7/11/85  1/20/93   11/14/95

    Hole-in-One 12-18-11


    Reply
    3 Perfect Games in Bowling.  7/11/85  1/20/93   11/14/95

    Hole-in-One 12-18-11


     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2015 - 10:03 PM ET #5


    Hole in one - the ball never touched the green.

    Pulled a 7 iron to the left.  It hit a sprinkler Head and bounded about 40 feet toward the Flag.  Hit the stick about 4 " up and plopped straight down into the cup.  It NEVER touched the Green.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Hole in one - the ball never touched the green.

    Pulled a 7 iron to the left.  It hit a sprinkler Head and bounded about 40 feet toward the Flag.  Hit the stick about 4 " up and plopped straight down into the cup.  It NEVER touched the Green.


     
    TheBallDontLie
    TheBallDontLie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 4463
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2015 - 10:14 PM ET #6

    Luke Willson tight end of Seahawks, Tyrone Crawford defensive tackle of Cowboys. Nearly aced a hole-in-1 a couple weeks back but close isnt good enough. 
    Reply
    Luke Willson tight end of Seahawks, Tyrone Crawford defensive tackle of Cowboys. Nearly aced a hole-in-1 a couple weeks back but close isnt good enough. 
     
    joepa510
    joepa510
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 3886
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2015 - 10:43 PM ET #7

    When I was 14 I crushed Andree Agassi.. albeit it was at the video game track and field at the Broadmoor hotel in Colorado Springs. I did play and lose to Erik Mendendez,  at a tournament in Muncie Indiana when I was 16. He was one of the brothers who killed their parents in Beverly Hills.  Two holes in one at golf. One when I was like 10 with my driver on a 100 yard par three and one with my pops when I was around 28.
    Reply
    When I was 14 I crushed Andree Agassi.. albeit it was at the video game track and field at the Broadmoor hotel in Colorado Springs. I did play and lose to Erik Mendendez,  at a tournament in Muncie Indiana when I was 16. He was one of the brothers who killed their parents in Beverly Hills.  Two holes in one at golf. One when I was like 10 with my driver on a 100 yard par three and one with my pops when I was around 28.
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6291
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2015 - 10:50 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Hole in one - the ball never touched the green.

    Pulled a 7 iron to the left.  It hit a sprinkler Head and bounded about 40 feet toward the Flag.  Hit the stick about 4 " up and plopped straight down into the cup.  It NEVER touched the Green.



    Mine wasn't pretty either but yours was destiny...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Hole in one - the ball never touched the green.

    Pulled a 7 iron to the left.  It hit a sprinkler Head and bounded about 40 feet toward the Flag.  Hit the stick about 4 " up and plopped straight down into the cup.  It NEVER touched the Green.



    Mine wasn't pretty either but yours was destiny...
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2015 - 1:13 AM ET #9

    By 18 I smoked state of Washington ski team national private/public by age 18. Age 15 they saw me coming winning pre quals..

    Slalom, GS (2nd), downhill.

     

    Reply

    By 18 I smoked state of Washington ski team national private/public by age 18. Age 15 they saw me coming winning pre quals..

    Slalom, GS (2nd), downhill.

     

     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2015 - 4:03 AM ET #10

    Had a cup of coffee in professional baseball, Appalachian League

    Also got my black belt in martial arts


    Reply
    Had a cup of coffee in professional baseball, Appalachian League

    Also got my black belt in martial arts


     
    Jose_Reyes
    Jose_Reyes
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 20468
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2015 - 12:50 PM ET #11

    My travel soccer team in high school lost to Landon Donovan's club team in a PK shootout at an outdoor tournament in DC.  Few weeks before at National Indoor Tournament, I scored 2 break away goals on the USMNT keeper for my age bracket.


    Reply
    My travel soccer team in high school lost to Landon Donovan's club team in a PK shootout at an outdoor tournament in DC.  Few weeks before at National Indoor Tournament, I scored 2 break away goals on the USMNT keeper for my age bracket.


     
    DHass22
    DHass22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 580
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2015 - 4:53 PM ET #12

    High School home run record.  Record still stands.  Grew up in the sticks .... 24 years old, playing in an adult sandlot league, the whole summer, the baseball looks like a gràpefruit.  Our team from Ohio, qualifies for Nationals in North Carolina.  I go toe to toe, jackin' bombs with a guy on the other team, nicknamed 'Moon Dog'.  Professional scout talks to me after the game, asks my age, .... Lets out a chuckle and walks away.  Too old.  Man, that was a fun summer!
    Reply
    High School home run record.  Record still stands.  Grew up in the sticks .... 24 years old, playing in an adult sandlot league, the whole summer, the baseball looks like a gràpefruit.  Our team from Ohio, qualifies for Nationals in North Carolina.  I go toe to toe, jackin' bombs with a guy on the other team, nicknamed 'Moon Dog'.  Professional scout talks to me after the game, asks my age, .... Lets out a chuckle and walks away.  Too old.  Man, that was a fun summer!
     
    Johnzimbo34
    Johnzimbo34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1299
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2015 - 6:10 PM ET #13

    I won the Heisman at USC






























    Then I killed a couple people
    Reply
    I won the Heisman at USC






























    Then I killed a couple people
     
    canovsp
    canovsp
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 5755
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2015 - 6:11 PM ET #14

    Made All-District Baseball Team in high school.

    No hole in one so I am jealous of you person. I came within a foot once.

    I went to high school with Kordell Stewart but played against him in Pop Warner leagues.

    Played against Vance Joseph who is the Defensive Backs coach for the Bengals.

    Played against Terry Joseph (Vance's cousin) who is the Defensive Backs coach for Nebraska.
    Reply
    Made All-District Baseball Team in high school.

    No hole in one so I am jealous of you person. I came within a foot once.

    I went to high school with Kordell Stewart but played against him in Pop Warner leagues.

    Played against Vance Joseph who is the Defensive Backs coach for the Bengals.

    Played against Terry Joseph (Vance's cousin) who is the Defensive Backs coach for Nebraska.
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2015 - 7:07 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnzimbo34:

    I won the Heisman at USC






























    Then I killed a couple people

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC6Fv8sGPb0

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnzimbo34:

    I won the Heisman at USC






























    Then I killed a couple people

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC6Fv8sGPb0

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2015 - 7:26 PM ET #16



    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply


     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2015 - 7:31 PM ET #17

    Shook hands with Shaq. He gave me that big smile. I was 6'2 and 225lbs. I felt like a dwarf. Another time I got comped for front table for Wayne Newton. Was never a fan but he puts on a great show.
    Reply
    Shook hands with Shaq. He gave me that big smile. I was 6'2 and 225lbs. I felt like a dwarf. Another time I got comped for front table for Wayne Newton. Was never a fan but he puts on a great show.
     
    earthWake
    earthWake
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 6196
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2015 - 9:01 PM ET #18

    Stole 5 bases in a highschool game a few times. Also stealing home was prolly the highlight of my career
    Reply
    Stole 5 bases in a highschool game a few times. Also stealing home was prolly the highlight of my career
     
    canovsp
    canovsp
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 5755
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2015 - 9:13 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurshka:

    Shook hands with Shaq. He gave me that big smile. I was 6'2 and 225lbs. I felt like a dwarf. Another time I got comped for front table for Wayne Newton. Was never a fan but he puts on a great show.


    I met Shaq his Freshman year at LSU when he was kinda thin.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurshka:

    Shook hands with Shaq. He gave me that big smile. I was 6'2 and 225lbs. I felt like a dwarf. Another time I got comped for front table for Wayne Newton. Was never a fan but he puts on a great show.


    I met Shaq his Freshman year at LSU when he was kinda thin.
     
    potter36
    potter36
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 854
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2015 - 10:41 PM ET #20

    Struck out jason veritek when he was at ga tech. Grandfather struck out babe Ruth and got gehrig to hit into double play. Roomed a season with dizzy dean. Great uncle roomed with Walter Johnson when he played with senators.
    Reply
    Struck out jason veritek when he was at ga tech. Grandfather struck out babe Ruth and got gehrig to hit into double play. Roomed a season with dizzy dean. Great uncle roomed with Walter Johnson when he played with senators.
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2015 - 11:11 PM ET #21

     Went 4-8 with two 2b & 3 rbi's in the state American Legion tourney.........but we went 2 & out........was all-conf. in HS baseball.
     Been playing golf seriously for about 20 years or so.........finally got an ace in 2010.......then another in 2011, about 18 months apart. The 2nd one flew into the cup..........no hole damage or anything, just CLANK!. I'm glad I was playing with some buddies, two of which saw my 1st ace, or they wouldn't have believed it.

     The last few years have been fairly quiet though.
    Reply
     Went 4-8 with two 2b & 3 rbi's in the state American Legion tourney.........but we went 2 & out........was all-conf. in HS baseball.
     Been playing golf seriously for about 20 years or so.........finally got an ace in 2010.......then another in 2011, about 18 months apart. The 2nd one flew into the cup..........no hole damage or anything, just CLANK!. I'm glad I was playing with some buddies, two of which saw my 1st ace, or they wouldn't have believed it.

     The last few years have been fairly quiet though.
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2015 - 10:26 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnzimbo34:

    I won the Heisman at USC






























    Then I killed a couple people

    I played DT for the Buffalo Bills and a few other teams back in the 1970's
















    Then I drove some murderer around in a white Ford Bronco......
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnzimbo34:

    I won the Heisman at USC






























    Then I killed a couple people

    I played DT for the Buffalo Bills and a few other teams back in the 1970's
















    Then I drove some murderer around in a white Ford Bronco......
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2015 - 1:23 AM ET #23

    I hold all meaningful records for HS Boys goalkeeping in soccer in the state of Michigan - that is mostly because our team was really bad and I had 30+ saves a game.

    I hit a championship buzzer beater to win in the finals of the Michigan State Intramural basketball league - it was exactly like Christian Laetner's shot he hit a few years after I showed him how to do it.

    I played a pick-up game and was matched up against Scott Skiles in 1988 on some outdoor courts on the MSU campus.  He totally smoked me - I mean bad!!!  He was launching up 27 footers with a good breeze and they were all nylon.  I was astounded how good he could play.
    Reply
    I hold all meaningful records for HS Boys goalkeeping in soccer in the state of Michigan - that is mostly because our team was really bad and I had 30+ saves a game.

    I hit a championship buzzer beater to win in the finals of the Michigan State Intramural basketball league - it was exactly like Christian Laetner's shot he hit a few years after I showed him how to do it.

    I played a pick-up game and was matched up against Scott Skiles in 1988 on some outdoor courts on the MSU campus.  He totally smoked me - I mean bad!!!  He was launching up 27 footers with a good breeze and they were all nylon.  I was astounded how good he could play.
     
    User592150
    User592150
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 3285
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2015 - 6:47 PM ET #24

    Post Deleted
    Reply
    Post Deleted
     
     
    1129ken
    1129ken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2674
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2015 - 7:26 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Hole in one - the ball never touched the green.

    Pulled a 7 iron to the left.  It hit a sprinkler Head and bounded about 40 feet toward the Flag.  Hit the stick about 4 " up and plopped straight down into the cup.  It NEVER touched the Green.




    Goose--Cool memory. Also reminds me of the old joke about Jesus inviting Moses to play golf. Moses hits his first shot a long way, straight down the fairway--a beauty. Jesus then hooks his first shot badly into the woods, but all of a sudden, a huge wind blows it back into play and a bird picks it up, drops it down and it bounces off a sprinkler straight into the cup. Hole in one ! Moses walks over to Jesus and says "Did you invite me to play golf, or are you just out here to fucckk around ? "
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Hole in one - the ball never touched the green.

    Pulled a 7 iron to the left.  It hit a sprinkler Head and bounded about 40 feet toward the Flag.  Hit the stick about 4 " up and plopped straight down into the cup.  It NEVER touched the Green.




    Goose--Cool memory. Also reminds me of the old joke about Jesus inviting Moses to play golf. Moses hits his first shot a long way, straight down the fairway--a beauty. Jesus then hooks his first shot badly into the woods, but all of a sudden, a huge wind blows it back into play and a bird picks it up, drops it down and it bounces off a sprinkler straight into the cup. Hole in one ! Moses walks over to Jesus and says "Did you invite me to play golf, or are you just out here to fucckk around ? "
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,908
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 437
    • PART DEUX 166
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 851
    • Week 6 Money 8,698
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,327
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,266

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.