• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Rest in Peace Dad

    1234 Next Last»
    kuddish
    3rd_and_Long
    samuelsosa
    Cyrax
    VegasMaxx
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 8396
    Posts: 86
    1234 Next Last»
     
    kuddish
    kuddish
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 28197
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:31 PM ET #1

    So my father had been battling chromes disease for 2 years. He went into surgery on Monday and I was told it was a Routine procedure. I called him Tuesday and He said he felt fine, tired and sore from the operation and the doctors said everything went good. We talked about the Detroit Tigers and told him to call me later in the week. He lives in Detroit and I live in San Diego so we don't get to talk all that often.
     
    Well complications started to happen on Thursday and my Brothers were with him and Friday I got a call and they kept me up to date. They said the doctors told them my dad should be fine and that he would have to stay in the Hospital a little longer. Well I wake up Sat Morning and my brother hits me with it. He says " Dad is going to die" I freaked out and went right to the airport. I tried finding a flight and I couldn't find anything direct but I finally got on a plane and had to have a layover in Vegas. I call my brother and tell him the situation. He says to me "dad is trying to stay alive just to see you." About an hour before I board my plane in Vegas he calls with the offical news. He had died. I completely shut down and could not move, speak, anything.
     
    I finally got home and went to see my dad the day before the funeral. He looked so peaceful and was not in any pain. I had to say my last goodbye. I balled my eyes out and said my peace to him. 
     
     I thank you guys if you read this and I hope you appreciate your family. I could never imagine how much pain losing a loved one can be. I'm in so much heartache but my father is not in pain anymore and I'm happy for him. Rest in Peace DAD!! I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    So my father had been battling chromes disease for 2 years. He went into surgery on Monday and I was told it was a Routine procedure. I called him Tuesday and He said he felt fine, tired and sore from the operation and the doctors said everything went good. We talked about the Detroit Tigers and told him to call me later in the week. He lives in Detroit and I live in San Diego so we don't get to talk all that often.
     
    Well complications started to happen on Thursday and my Brothers were with him and Friday I got a call and they kept me up to date. They said the doctors told them my dad should be fine and that he would have to stay in the Hospital a little longer. Well I wake up Sat Morning and my brother hits me with it. He says " Dad is going to die" I freaked out and went right to the airport. I tried finding a flight and I couldn't find anything direct but I finally got on a plane and had to have a layover in Vegas. I call my brother and tell him the situation. He says to me "dad is trying to stay alive just to see you." About an hour before I board my plane in Vegas he calls with the offical news. He had died. I completely shut down and could not move, speak, anything.
     
    I finally got home and went to see my dad the day before the funeral. He looked so peaceful and was not in any pain. I had to say my last goodbye. I balled my eyes out and said my peace to him. 
     
     I thank you guys if you read this and I hope you appreciate your family. I could never imagine how much pain losing a loved one can be. I'm in so much heartache but my father is not in pain anymore and I'm happy for him. Rest in Peace DAD!! I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!
     
    3rd_and_Long
    3rd_and_Long
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 23333
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:33 PM ET #2

     
    Reply
     
     
    samuelsosa
    samuelsosa
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 10988
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:38 PM ET #3

      
         
            
               
                  
    Reply
      
         
            
               
                  
     
    Cyrax
    Cyrax
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 26546
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:40 PM ET #4

           
    Reply
           
     
    VegasMaxx
    VegasMaxx
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 10098
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:40 PM ET #5

    Reply
     
    ABooksNightmare
    ABooksNightmare
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 26650
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:41 PM ET #6

    I'm so sorry to hear this kuddish.....Hang tough bro..
     
     
    COVERS allows u to tell someone they are sexually frustrated so long as ur hands are clean
    Reply
    I'm so sorry to hear this kuddish.....Hang tough bro..
     
     
     
    joepa510
    joepa510
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 3886
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:46 PM ET #7

    sorry for your loss..    think of all the good times you two shared together......
    Reply
    sorry for your loss..    think of all the good times you two shared together......
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:46 PM ET #8


    Very sorry for your loss
    Reply

    Very sorry for your loss
     
    tagsrock
    tagsrock
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 22590
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:47 PM ET #9

    thoughts and prayers to your family brother.
     
    Reply
    thoughts and prayers to your family brother.
     
     
    Dsn150
    Dsn150
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 11794
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:53 PM ET #10

    Reply
     
    Pucksrus
    Pucksrus
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 36580
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:55 PM ET #11

    Sorry to you and your Family for your loss.  
    Reply
    Sorry to you and your Family for your loss.  
     
    andarmac99
    andarmac99
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 16954
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:57 PM ET #12

    Hang in there Kuddish.


    Reply
    Hang in there Kuddish.


     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 11:00 PM ET #13

    Kuddish, I'm so very sorry for you and your Families' loss.

    It'll get better, believe me. Just keep close to those you love,  and your Father in your heart.


    Reply
    Kuddish, I'm so very sorry for you and your Families' loss.

    It'll get better, believe me. Just keep close to those you love,  and your Father in your heart.


     
    GameHunter
    GameHunter
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 17534
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 11:08 PM ET #14

    Kuddish-

    I am not sure we've ever communicated before but I am very sad to hear about your loss. The fact that it was communicated to you by your brother that your Dad was holding on to see you meant to me that he loved you very much and was probably quite proud of you and thinking about you to the very end. While I am sure it pains you that you were not able to get to Detroit to see him before he passed, I hope you can find solace in how proud your Dad probably was of you and how much he loved you for your Dad to communicate that to your brother.

    Carry everything your Dad passed on to you forward and live life the way your Dad instilled in you and he will always be with you.
    Reply
    Kuddish-

    I am not sure we've ever communicated before but I am very sad to hear about your loss. The fact that it was communicated to you by your brother that your Dad was holding on to see you meant to me that he loved you very much and was probably quite proud of you and thinking about you to the very end. While I am sure it pains you that you were not able to get to Detroit to see him before he passed, I hope you can find solace in how proud your Dad probably was of you and how much he loved you for your Dad to communicate that to your brother.

    Carry everything your Dad passed on to you forward and live life the way your Dad instilled in you and he will always be with you.
     
    Rocafella
    Rocafella
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 21480
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 11:13 PM ET #15

    Sorry to hear man 
    Reply
    Sorry to hear man 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 11:13 PM ET #16

    Hell of a difficult read for me. I'm sorry Kuddish. Lost my dad and brother under almost identical circumtances. I know how it feels.
     
    Stay strong and let your friends be there for ya.
    Reply
    Hell of a difficult read for me. I'm sorry Kuddish. Lost my dad and brother under almost identical circumtances. I know how it feels.
     
    Stay strong and let your friends be there for ya.
     
    cd329
    cd329
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 23776
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 11:28 PM ET #17

    Kuddish,
      My condolences go out to you and your whole family.  May your Dad rest in peace and God bless his soul
    cd
    Reply
    Kuddish,
      My condolences go out to you and your whole family.  May your Dad rest in peace and God bless his soul
    cd
     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 11:39 PM ET #18






    Reply





     
    banans
    banans
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 4705
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 11:47 PM ET #19

    sorry for your loss
    Reply
    sorry for your loss
     
    PatsGrl
    PatsGrl
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 2699
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 11:58 PM ET #20

    Reply
     
    Rockdog
    Rockdog
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 5485
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2009 - 12:32 AM ET #21

    Death is inevitable.  Too bad it happened sooner than later.
    Reply
    Death is inevitable.  Too bad it happened sooner than later.
     
    crustyme
    crustyme
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 741
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2009 - 12:38 AM ET #22

    Reply
     
    AceofKings
    AceofKings
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 2925
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2009 - 1:31 AM ET #23

    Reply
     
    DiverRon
    DiverRon
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 3837
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2009 - 2:40 AM ET #24

    Reply
     
     
    Ahambone111
    Ahambone111
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 5339
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2009 - 2:55 AM ET #25

    Reply
    All Forums | General Discussion
    1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,061
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,733
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 356
    • MLB Playoffs 17,038
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,938
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,559
    • PART DEUX 140
    • Trump's legacy? 33,965
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 447
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,173

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.