• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Putting my Westie to sleep on Wednesday - need an opinion

    123 Next Last»
    Killer_B
    lifemisspent
    jay10
    Henry-Lilly
    Wake2002
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 9188
    Posts: 61
    123 Next Last»
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6288
    Posted: Sep. 10, 2012 - 10:50 PM ET #1

    My 9 year old West Highland Terrier (Angel) is in her second bout with cancer. 1st time she beat it (Dec 09) surgery to remove a spindle-cell tumor. Came out of it 100%.

    Beginning of August I heard her wheezing. Took her to vet immediately. Lymphoma, incurable. 1-2 months. We're there now.

    Here's the question:

    When I put her to sleep do I stay in the room with her and have that as my last memory, which I'm leaning toward heavily. I don't think I can live with just watching her led away. Opinions would be very appreciated, especially experienced ones.

    Thanks
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    My 9 year old West Highland Terrier (Angel) is in her second bout with cancer. 1st time she beat it (Dec 09) surgery to remove a spindle-cell tumor. Came out of it 100%.

    Beginning of August I heard her wheezing. Took her to vet immediately. Lymphoma, incurable. 1-2 months. We're there now.

    Here's the question:

    When I put her to sleep do I stay in the room with her and have that as my last memory, which I'm leaning toward heavily. I don't think I can live with just watching her led away. Opinions would be very appreciated, especially experienced ones.

    Thanks
     
    lifemisspent
    lifemisspent
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2002
    Posts: 7312
    Posted: Sep. 10, 2012 - 10:54 PM ET #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:

    My 9 year old West Highland Terrier (Angel) is in her second bout with cancer. 1st time she beat it (Dec 09) surgery to remove a spindle-cell tumor. Came out of it 100%.

    Beginning of August I heard her wheezing. Took her to vet immediately. Lymphoma, incurable. 1-2 months. We're there now.

    Here's the question:

    When I put her to sleep do I stay in the room with her and have that as my last memory, which I'm leaning toward heavily. I don't think I can live with just watching her led away. Opinions would be very appreciated, especially experienced ones.

    Thanks

    Be strong , be her leader. it will be so much easier for her having you there. 

    Ive done this a few times. you cant worry about how it will affect you, at this moment it's all about her. Wouldnt you like to be surrounded by loved ones on your death bed ??? Think about it.......

    Sorry to hear about your loss, hang on there and good luck.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:

    My 9 year old West Highland Terrier (Angel) is in her second bout with cancer. 1st time she beat it (Dec 09) surgery to remove a spindle-cell tumor. Came out of it 100%.

    Beginning of August I heard her wheezing. Took her to vet immediately. Lymphoma, incurable. 1-2 months. We're there now.

    Here's the question:

    When I put her to sleep do I stay in the room with her and have that as my last memory, which I'm leaning toward heavily. I don't think I can live with just watching her led away. Opinions would be very appreciated, especially experienced ones.

    Thanks

    Be strong , be her leader. it will be so much easier for her having you there. 

    Ive done this a few times. you cant worry about how it will affect you, at this moment it's all about her. Wouldnt you like to be surrounded by loved ones on your death bed ??? Think about it.......

    Sorry to hear about your loss, hang on there and good luck.

     
    jay10
    jay10
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 15689
    Posted: Sep. 10, 2012 - 10:58 PM ET #3

    She would do it for you.....

    Reply

    She would do it for you.....

     
    Henry-Lilly
    Henry-Lilly
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 10502
    Posted: Sep. 10, 2012 - 11:00 PM ET #4

    I paid a vet to come to my house to put Lilly down.  She was such a great dog and I wanted her last moments to be at her home with her family.  It seemed like the best choice for her and for us, as she was happy laying beside me instead of scared at a vet's office.  It was a heartbreaking experience none the less and there's no easy way out.  I feel for you, bro.
    Reply
    I paid a vet to come to my house to put Lilly down.  She was such a great dog and I wanted her last moments to be at her home with her family.  It seemed like the best choice for her and for us, as she was happy laying beside me instead of scared at a vet's office.  It was a heartbreaking experience none the less and there's no easy way out.  I feel for you, bro.
     
    Wake2002
    Wake2002
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 747
    Posted: Sep. 10, 2012 - 11:01 PM ET #5

    I agree, if you can do it, be there for her.  Being there could help keep her at ease in her final moments, which based on how heavy this is weighing on you, I'm sure is important to you.

    Very tough thing to go through, I wish you the best

    Reply

    I agree, if you can do it, be there for her.  Being there could help keep her at ease in her final moments, which based on how heavy this is weighing on you, I'm sure is important to you.

    Very tough thing to go through, I wish you the best

     
    darkhorse12
    darkhorse12
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 10739
    Posted: Sep. 10, 2012 - 11:12 PM ET #6

    I agree with Wake. Been there and done that.Would do it again in a heartbeat.
    Reply
    I agree with Wake. Been there and done that.Would do it again in a heartbeat.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 10, 2012 - 11:17 PM ET #7



    My first Rottweiler had a heart attack and died in my arms.  That's the only way to go.  You will cry like a baby.  And that's OK.  Stay with her, hug her, and let her go while in your arms.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply


    My first Rottweiler had a heart attack and died in my arms.  That's the only way to go.  You will cry like a baby.  And that's OK.  Stay with her, hug her, and let her go while in your arms.


     
    IOWAFATTS
    IOWAFATTS
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 414
    Posted: Sep. 10, 2012 - 11:19 PM ET #8

    It will be very peaceful....The Dr. will give her a shot that will put her into a deep sleep, then another to make her heart stop. It will be very peaceful,it's the right thing to do. You have been a GREAT SOLDIER , now let her go in peace and you will se her on the otherside.Your pain will last for a long while,as it should when you lose a part of your family.Time heals all wounds...

    Peace be with you and Angel

     

    Reply

    It will be very peaceful....The Dr. will give her a shot that will put her into a deep sleep, then another to make her heart stop. It will be very peaceful,it's the right thing to do. You have been a GREAT SOLDIER , now let her go in peace and you will se her on the otherside.Your pain will last for a long while,as it should when you lose a part of your family.Time heals all wounds...

    Peace be with you and Angel

     

     
    houguy28
    houguy28
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1998
    Posted: Sep. 10, 2012 - 11:44 PM ET #9

    Reply
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6288
    Posted: Sep. 10, 2012 - 11:50 PM ET #10

    Thanks to my Covers brothers for the kind words, its very appreciated.

    My theory on dogs is that if you had them for 1,000 years they'd never betray you if you give them the love they deserve and that's how they touch a part of you that no human can get to. It's an incredible bond that we all cherish. The world is a better place with her in it. Everyone that knows her from the maid to my friends and family are amazed by her.  

    She's been the perfect little girl and really lived up to her name.

    Thanks again, I know this is going to be a really bad week but when you go into this relationship you have to accept their life is just too short and we must do the humane thing when the time comes. 

    Although she's still happy, her breathing is getting labored and at night it seems to be the worst. Another difficult thing is the right time to do this. Certainly you don't want to do it to early, but then I can't make her suffer either and this horrible disease isn't going to get better. 




    Reply
    Thanks to my Covers brothers for the kind words, its very appreciated.

    My theory on dogs is that if you had them for 1,000 years they'd never betray you if you give them the love they deserve and that's how they touch a part of you that no human can get to. It's an incredible bond that we all cherish. The world is a better place with her in it. Everyone that knows her from the maid to my friends and family are amazed by her.  

    She's been the perfect little girl and really lived up to her name.

    Thanks again, I know this is going to be a really bad week but when you go into this relationship you have to accept their life is just too short and we must do the humane thing when the time comes. 

    Although she's still happy, her breathing is getting labored and at night it seems to be the worst. Another difficult thing is the right time to do this. Certainly you don't want to do it to early, but then I can't make her suffer either and this horrible disease isn't going to get better. 




     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 12:52 AM ET #11

    Dude.....sorry to hear about your situation.

    I would have to say I would want to be there holding her as the last minutes. You do not want to see her led away.



    Reply
    Dude.....sorry to hear about your situation.

    I would have to say I would want to be there holding her as the last minutes. You do not want to see her led away.



     
    gold6185
    gold6185
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 1168
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 12:52 AM ET #12

    It'll be very quick & very sad but definitely give yourself a pat on the back for doing the right thing at the right time. There's no reason to watch the dog suffer & you're absolutely doing the  humane thing.
    Reply
    It'll be very quick & very sad but definitely give yourself a pat on the back for doing the right thing at the right time. There's no reason to watch the dog suffer & you're absolutely doing the  humane thing.
     
    MWC
    MWC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 3311
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 1:42 AM ET #13

    You have to be there.  And if you can, have the vet come to the house. 


    Reply
    You have to be there.  And if you can, have the vet come to the house. 


     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 2:44 AM ET #14

    4x.

    Best friends I ever had.  Hold them, let the Dr do his/her job and quite them down to sleep.

    "Thank you for your hard work and for caring Doctor."

    Walk out and have your moment.

    Reply

    4x.

    Best friends I ever had.  Hold them, let the Dr do his/her job and quite them down to sleep.

    "Thank you for your hard work and for caring Doctor."

    Walk out and have your moment.

     
    jsab
    jsab
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 7592
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 3:07 AM ET #15

    I just went thru this in February with my pet.Man it was so hard and painful and still hurts but I had to do what was best for my pet.I feel so sorry for you.I personally don't think there is a definite answer to be there or leave as its up to the person.
    Reply
    I just went thru this in February with my pet.Man it was so hard and painful and still hurts but I had to do what was best for my pet.I feel so sorry for you.I personally don't think there is a definite answer to be there or leave as its up to the person.
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 3:41 AM ET #16

    you already know the right answer... but it is the harder path in the moment... but I think if you are not there you will regret it later...

    so it is the best thing to do for the animal and for yourself.

    death is a part of life.  you did everything right as an owner to love, care and take of your animal, even when she was there last time...  this is just a part of being there for her just as you were in every other step of her life

    takes courage... took courage to even talk about it... I hope that this thread was helpful to you and gave you support take the harder road... 
    Reply
    you already know the right answer... but it is the harder path in the moment... but I think if you are not there you will regret it later...

    so it is the best thing to do for the animal and for yourself.

    death is a part of life.  you did everything right as an owner to love, care and take of your animal, even when she was there last time...  this is just a part of being there for her just as you were in every other step of her life

    takes courage... took courage to even talk about it... I hope that this thread was helpful to you and gave you support take the harder road... 
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6288
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 5:34 AM ET #17

    Amazing heartfelt responses. This is such a valuable tool to help each of us with things that come up in our lives that reaching out can offer great assistance and comfort. Every post here was very helpful to me!

    I'm staying with her. I'm fortunate to not have a lot of regrets in my life largely due to trying to think through difficult decisions and finding the side that I can live with. She's always deserved my best and she'll get it. I'll be with her comforting her to the end.







    Reply
    Amazing heartfelt responses. This is such a valuable tool to help each of us with things that come up in our lives that reaching out can offer great assistance and comfort. Every post here was very helpful to me!

    I'm staying with her. I'm fortunate to not have a lot of regrets in my life largely due to trying to think through difficult decisions and finding the side that I can live with. She's always deserved my best and she'll get it. I'll be with her comforting her to the end.







     
    Skipbone
    Skipbone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6368
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 6:07 AM ET #18

    When skipbone goes, I will be with. I know that now.  Killer b and angel.
    Reply
    When skipbone goes, I will be with. I know that now.  Killer b and angel.
     
    michaelpaul1
    michaelpaul1
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 22613
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 7:45 AM ET #19

    vets are too quick to put dogs down...get essaic tea from the vitamin shoppe or mrs. greens and start giving it to her right away...look into other possible cures before taking her...
    Reply
    vets are too quick to put dogs down...get essaic tea from the vitamin shoppe or mrs. greens and start giving it to her right away...look into other possible cures before taking her...
     
    michaelpaul1
    michaelpaul1
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 22613
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 7:46 AM ET #20

    and that particular form is not incurable...

    Reply

    and that particular form is not incurable...

     
    michaelpaul1
    michaelpaul1
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 22613
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 7:51 AM ET #21

    https://www.k9criticalcare.com/canine-lymphoma/
    Reply
    https://www.k9criticalcare.com/canine-lymphoma/
     
    captjohn67
    captjohn67
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 12821
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 9:44 AM ET #22

    very sorry to hear Killer   

    Reply

    very sorry to hear Killer   

     
    joewashington
    joewashington
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 2780
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 10:24 AM ET #23

    uuoe[Quote: Originally Posted by Killer_B] My 9 year old West Highland Terrier (Angel) is in her second bout with cancer. 1st time she beat it (Dec 09) surgery to remove a spindle-cell tumor. Came out of it 100%.

    Beginning of August I heard her wheezing. Took her to vet immediately. Lymphoma, incurable. 1-2 months. We're there now.
    Here's the question:
    Thanks
     

    I started rescuing boxers several years ago....Boxers are prone genetically to various disorders...at the top of the list cancerous tumors. In the past 12 years I have had to put down 7 of my best friends in the world and I was faced with your dilemma as well. I am so glad I chose to sit on the floor and hold my friends in my arms as the procedure took place. They deserve to have you there with them in their final moments. It's the last gift you will ever have a chance  give to them. And that memory....along with its tears....will linger in your heart as a cherished memory.
    Reply
    uuoe[Quote: Originally Posted by Killer_B] My 9 year old West Highland Terrier (Angel) is in her second bout with cancer. 1st time she beat it (Dec 09) surgery to remove a spindle-cell tumor. Came out of it 100%.

    Beginning of August I heard her wheezing. Took her to vet immediately. Lymphoma, incurable. 1-2 months. We're there now.
    Here's the question:
    Thanks
     

    I started rescuing boxers several years ago....Boxers are prone genetically to various disorders...at the top of the list cancerous tumors. In the past 12 years I have had to put down 7 of my best friends in the world and I was faced with your dilemma as well. I am so glad I chose to sit on the floor and hold my friends in my arms as the procedure took place. They deserve to have you there with them in their final moments. It's the last gift you will ever have a chance  give to them. And that memory....along with its tears....will linger in your heart as a cherished memory.
     
    joewashington
    joewashington
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 2780
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 10:29 AM ET #24

    sorry I missed your post of the final moments already taking place. When I saw your first post I immediately responded.

    I'm glad you did what you did......and I see you are too. Maybe some more unsolicited advice?

    Sounds like you have a lot of love to give. Don't let your grief keep you from finding another friend very soon. Sometimes we feel a guilt thinking about getting another so soon....But your friend would want you to....and you will be better for it....and so will your new friend.....maybe find a rescue.

    Google "A Dog Loaned".....a poem to give you some comfort.
    Reply
    sorry I missed your post of the final moments already taking place. When I saw your first post I immediately responded.

    I'm glad you did what you did......and I see you are too. Maybe some more unsolicited advice?

    Sounds like you have a lot of love to give. Don't let your grief keep you from finding another friend very soon. Sometimes we feel a guilt thinking about getting another so soon....But your friend would want you to....and you will be better for it....and so will your new friend.....maybe find a rescue.

    Google "A Dog Loaned".....a poem to give you some comfort.
     
     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 10:46 AM ET #25

    Reply
    All Forums | General Discussion
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,332
    • Friday 10/02/2026 907
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,372
    • PART DEUX 268
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,230
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,405
    • Week 5 Money 7,326
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,630
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,759
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,594

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.