How much can you deposit at a time into a bank account...
I already have a Chase account. They don't accept wires and I've been advised not to deposit in my personal account, lest it be frozen. I guess my question is, is it safe to deposit checks or wire transfers once a month? Every other month? And how much or little should I deposit over the course of a year? 9K in checks looks like structuring, even if spaced out, no? I'm leery of withdrawing 10-20K all in one year.
Just deposit the whole nut and pay the taxes.
You didn't commit a crime.
I already have a Chase account. They don't accept wires and I've been advised not to deposit in my personal account, lest it be frozen. I guess my question is, is it safe to deposit checks or wire transfers once a month? Every other month? And how much or little should I deposit over the course of a year? 9K in checks looks like structuring, even if spaced out, no? I'm leery of withdrawing 10-20K all in one year.
Just deposit the whole nut and pay the taxes.
You didn't commit a crime.
I already have a Chase account. They don't accept wires and I've been advised not to deposit in my personal account, lest it be frozen. I guess my question is, is it safe to deposit checks or wire transfers once a month? Every other month? And how much or little should I deposit over the course of a year? 9K in checks looks like structuring, even if spaced out, no? I'm leery of withdrawing 10-20K all in one year.
I already have a Chase account. They don't accept wires and I've been advised not to deposit in my personal account, lest it be frozen. I guess my question is, is it safe to deposit checks or wire transfers once a month? Every other month? And how much or little should I deposit over the course of a year? 9K in checks looks like structuring, even if spaced out, no? I'm leery of withdrawing 10-20K all in one year.
Jeff, just deposited one today at Chase and no problems as usual.
BTW - How's your health?
Jeff, just deposited one today at Chase and no problems as usual.
BTW - How's your health?
No, that is not true. CASH or CHECK, anything over $10,000 will have a CTR (currency transaction report) filed, UNLESS for example, your company has regular, consistent, large deposits. Company, NOT individual. The IRS most certainly cares about checks too. Now, even if you deposit less than 10G, the bank, if they want to (and most times they don't) they can still file a CTR. My spouse has worked in banking for over 15 years. She says you would have to be very, very suspicous about the check, or a real jerk off to make them call. 99% of the time, if the check is $10G or less, they will NOT.
No, that is not true. CASH or CHECK, anything over $10,000 will have a CTR (currency transaction report) filed, UNLESS for example, your company has regular, consistent, large deposits. Company, NOT individual. The IRS most certainly cares about checks too. Now, even if you deposit less than 10G, the bank, if they want to (and most times they don't) they can still file a CTR. My spouse has worked in banking for over 15 years. She says you would have to be very, very suspicous about the check, or a real jerk off to make them call. 99% of the time, if the check is $10G or less, they will NOT.
No, that is not true. CASH or CHECK, anything over $10,000 will have a CTR (currency transaction report) filed, UNLESS for example, your company has regular, consistent, large deposits. Company, NOT individual. The IRS most certainly cares about checks too. Now, even if you deposit less than 10G, the bank, if they want to (and most times they don't) they can still file a CTR. My spouse has worked in banking for over 15 years. She says you would have to be very, very suspicous about the check, or a real jerk off to make them call. 99% of the time, if the check is $10G or less, they will NOT.
No, that is not true. CASH or CHECK, anything over $10,000 will have a CTR (currency transaction report) filed, UNLESS for example, your company has regular, consistent, large deposits. Company, NOT individual. The IRS most certainly cares about checks too. Now, even if you deposit less than 10G, the bank, if they want to (and most times they don't) they can still file a CTR. My spouse has worked in banking for over 15 years. She says you would have to be very, very suspicous about the check, or a real jerk off to make them call. 99% of the time, if the check is $10G or less, they will NOT.
Without questions being asked or arousing suspicion? (Canada, if that makes a difference)
Without questions being asked or arousing suspicion? (Canada, if that makes a difference)
Nope. Once again, you are wrong. Call a bank and get the REAL answer, not your made up or implied one. The bank is REQUIRED, by law to file a CTR form for ANY amount over $10,000. UNLESS, it is a business where they do it regularly and it makes sense (for example McDonalds deposits 10 - 20G's most every day). Then you would not have to file one. Don't know where you are getting this checks are not cash idea, that is smiply not true. AGAIN call a bank. ![]()
Nope. Once again, you are wrong. Call a bank and get the REAL answer, not your made up or implied one. The bank is REQUIRED, by law to file a CTR form for ANY amount over $10,000. UNLESS, it is a business where they do it regularly and it makes sense (for example McDonalds deposits 10 - 20G's most every day). Then you would not have to file one. Don't know where you are getting this checks are not cash idea, that is smiply not true. AGAIN call a bank. ![]()
Nope. Once again, you are wrong. Call a bank and get the REAL answer, not your made up or implied one. The bank is REQUIRED, by law to file a CTR form for ANY amount over $10,000. UNLESS, it is a business where they do it regularly and it makes sense (for example McDonalds deposits 10 - 20G's most every day). Then you would not have to file one. Don't know where you are getting this checks are not cash idea, that is smiply not true. AGAIN call a bank. ![]()
Nope. Once again, you are wrong. Call a bank and get the REAL answer, not your made up or implied one. The bank is REQUIRED, by law to file a CTR form for ANY amount over $10,000. UNLESS, it is a business where they do it regularly and it makes sense (for example McDonalds deposits 10 - 20G's most every day). Then you would not have to file one. Don't know where you are getting this checks are not cash idea, that is smiply not true. AGAIN call a bank. ![]()
keep it under 10k in the states i believe and you're good
keep it under 10k in the states i believe and you're good
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
