Posted:
#1
I think FB growth model is dead... I think the stock will soon tank.
Social media outlets are fads, they come and they go. FB has seen it's time, and it was one hell of a ride, but I think it is done.
I need to look no further than HS students. For years previous, HS students were all over it. Then the older millenials were all over it, then it was the parents and grandparents. Everybody that wants to be out there is out there.
I have two boys in HS and I asked them a few weeks ago if any of their friends were on FB. They said that some have a page they made a few years back, but nobody uses it any more. My boys FB page has cobwebs. The kids are not using it... primarily because their parents and grandparents are all over it. It is an intrusion of their privacy and it is no longer cool at all to be on FB... yesterdays fad.
Have any of you started your FB page in the last 12 months? I doubt there are too many. It will be interesting to watch FB stock over the next year or so.
