• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Celebs you've met that were complete jerk-offs.....

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    ragingstorm
    joepa510
    mikeyp1
    NJDevils
    wkufan
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 26991
    Posts: 106
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    ragingstorm
    ragingstorm
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2003
    Posts: 15576
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2009 - 9:10 PM ET #76

    Also Tony Siracusa. Made fun of My Condition but I laughed no big deal. I did tell him once to please stop swearing. He was making an ass of himself. He said hey I have TS> HAHAHAHAHA. He was happy to accept discount coupon I had for him tho. All in all he expected people to bow to him but im not like that. The only guy I ever met that actaully intimitated me was the stardom of Wayne Gretzky., However he couldnt have been cooler.
    Reply
    Also Tony Siracusa. Made fun of My Condition but I laughed no big deal. I did tell him once to please stop swearing. He was making an ass of himself. He said hey I have TS> HAHAHAHAHA. He was happy to accept discount coupon I had for him tho. All in all he expected people to bow to him but im not like that. The only guy I ever met that actaully intimitated me was the stardom of Wayne Gretzky., However he couldnt have been cooler.
     
    joepa510
    joepa510
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 3886
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2009 - 9:33 PM ET #77

    i think it's kind of funny to read about some different viewpoints about the some celebs that i have met or seen..... somebody on here gave Jerry Rice a thumbs up and Emitt Smith a thumbs down on here.... With my interaction with both of them it would be a HUGE complete opposite... Both were at the Bob Hope Chryster classic Pro am where i was at and jerry rice walked right by a lil kid with a 8 x 11 glossy of him to sign it, then later walked right by his dad not even acknowliing him.. While Emmitt was talking to everybody and signing autographs.. some guy wanted him to sign an action photo of him and emmitt says to him.. never seen this photo before, i'm going to keep it... leave me your address and ill send you a different one... had the gallery laughing... I guess it's all on what day you meet em and what kind of mood they are in....
    Reply
    i think it's kind of funny to read about some different viewpoints about the some celebs that i have met or seen..... somebody on here gave Jerry Rice a thumbs up and Emitt Smith a thumbs down on here.... With my interaction with both of them it would be a HUGE complete opposite... Both were at the Bob Hope Chryster classic Pro am where i was at and jerry rice walked right by a lil kid with a 8 x 11 glossy of him to sign it, then later walked right by his dad not even acknowliing him.. While Emmitt was talking to everybody and signing autographs.. some guy wanted him to sign an action photo of him and emmitt says to him.. never seen this photo before, i'm going to keep it... leave me your address and ill send you a different one... had the gallery laughing... I guess it's all on what day you meet em and what kind of mood they are in....
     
    mikeyp1
    mikeyp1
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 13204
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2009 - 10:26 PM ET #78

    Gordie Howe....when I was about 8 or 9 years old and Howe was near the end of his NHL career, my cousins and I waited for an hour or more after a Hawks-Wings game at the old Chicago Stadium to get his autograph.
     
    Along with Mickey Mantle,  Ernie Banks & Bobby Hull, Gordie was my absolute favorite pro athlete. I idolized him. I read his autobiography about 5 times, and I read everything I could get my hands on about him.
     
    I couldn't afford a Howe jersey, plus back then you couldn't even get one in Chicago,  so I bought a red sweatshirt and my buddy, Richie,  painted a big #9 on the back of it and did a good job of putting the Wings logo on the front. I just loved the guy, and I wore that "jersey" day-in and day-out.
     
    So after all of the Wings players came out of the locker room, and most signed autographs, Gordie finally emerged. He was big...bigger than any pro sports guy I ever saw. He was bold looking and proud. He was royalty.....Shit...he was GORDIE F'N HOWE!!!!
     
    I was so excited and just couldn't run up to him fast enough. I mean, I practically was pissing myself. Then I yell out, "GORDIE, can I please get your autograph?"
     
    And Gordie says to me, "My name is MR. HOWE! And I don't sign autographs".
     
    With that, the old fucking prick got on the bus. Fuck him and the bullshit about his being Mr. Hockey.
    Reply
    Gordie Howe....when I was about 8 or 9 years old and Howe was near the end of his NHL career, my cousins and I waited for an hour or more after a Hawks-Wings game at the old Chicago Stadium to get his autograph.
     
    Along with Mickey Mantle,  Ernie Banks & Bobby Hull, Gordie was my absolute favorite pro athlete. I idolized him. I read his autobiography about 5 times, and I read everything I could get my hands on about him.
     
    I couldn't afford a Howe jersey, plus back then you couldn't even get one in Chicago,  so I bought a red sweatshirt and my buddy, Richie,  painted a big #9 on the back of it and did a good job of putting the Wings logo on the front. I just loved the guy, and I wore that "jersey" day-in and day-out.
     
    So after all of the Wings players came out of the locker room, and most signed autographs, Gordie finally emerged. He was big...bigger than any pro sports guy I ever saw. He was bold looking and proud. He was royalty.....Shit...he was GORDIE F'N HOWE!!!!
     
    I was so excited and just couldn't run up to him fast enough. I mean, I practically was pissing myself. Then I yell out, "GORDIE, can I please get your autograph?"
     
    And Gordie says to me, "My name is MR. HOWE! And I don't sign autographs".
     
    With that, the old fucking prick got on the bus. Fuck him and the bullshit about his being Mr. Hockey.
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2009 - 2:58 AM ET #79

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyp1:

    Gordie Howe....when I was about 8 or 9 years old and Howe was near the end of his NHL career, my cousins and I waited for an hour or more after a Hawks-Wings game at the old Chicago Stadium to get his autograph.
     
    Along with Mickey Mantle,  Ernie Banks & Bobby Hull, Gordie was my absolute favorite pro athlete. I idolized him. I read his autobiography about 5 times, and I read everything I could get my hands on about him.
     
    I couldn't afford a Howe jersey, plus back then you couldn't even get one in Chicago,  so I bought a red sweatshirt and my buddy, Richie,  painted a big #9 on the back of it and did a good job of putting the Wings logo on the front. I just loved the guy, and I wore that "jersey" day-in and day-out.
     
    So after all of the Wings players came out of the locker room, and most signed autographs, Gordie finally emerged. He was big...bigger than any pro sports guy I ever saw. He was bold looking and proud. He was royalty.....Shit...he was GORDIE F'N HOWE!!!!
     
    I was so excited and just couldn't run up to him fast enough. I mean, I practically was pissing myself. Then I yell out, "GORDIE, can I please get your autograph?"
     
    And Gordie says to me, "My name is MR. HOWE! And I don't sign autographs".
     
    With that, the old fucking prick got on the bus. Fuck him and the bullshit about his being Mr. Hockey.


    wow what a fucking douche

    Zach Parise-The other day all the NHLers were here in Vegas and I saw Zach Parise playing blackjack at the Palms, so I didnt want to bug him but they were shuffling and he was leaning back in his chair so I walked up to him, told him i was a huge Devils fan shook his hand and talked to him for like a minute or 2, he could not have been nicer

    then i was at the awards show and the red carpet thing and he passes so he stops to take pictures and i said hey Zach can I get a picture and he posed for a picture, shook my hand again

    super super nice kid

    Mark Messier- nice guy also...he knows my brother so I mentioned that i was "my brothers brother" and he was like yeah hes a good guy, asked him about his award and asked him about how he liked the awards in vegas, he was a very nice guy as well....didnt mention i was a Devils fane to him

    Roberto Luongo- shook hands nice guy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyp1:

    Gordie Howe....when I was about 8 or 9 years old and Howe was near the end of his NHL career, my cousins and I waited for an hour or more after a Hawks-Wings game at the old Chicago Stadium to get his autograph.
     
    Along with Mickey Mantle,  Ernie Banks & Bobby Hull, Gordie was my absolute favorite pro athlete. I idolized him. I read his autobiography about 5 times, and I read everything I could get my hands on about him.
     
    I couldn't afford a Howe jersey, plus back then you couldn't even get one in Chicago,  so I bought a red sweatshirt and my buddy, Richie,  painted a big #9 on the back of it and did a good job of putting the Wings logo on the front. I just loved the guy, and I wore that "jersey" day-in and day-out.
     
    So after all of the Wings players came out of the locker room, and most signed autographs, Gordie finally emerged. He was big...bigger than any pro sports guy I ever saw. He was bold looking and proud. He was royalty.....Shit...he was GORDIE F'N HOWE!!!!
     
    I was so excited and just couldn't run up to him fast enough. I mean, I practically was pissing myself. Then I yell out, "GORDIE, can I please get your autograph?"
     
    And Gordie says to me, "My name is MR. HOWE! And I don't sign autographs".
     
    With that, the old fucking prick got on the bus. Fuck him and the bullshit about his being Mr. Hockey.


    wow what a fucking douche

    Zach Parise-The other day all the NHLers were here in Vegas and I saw Zach Parise playing blackjack at the Palms, so I didnt want to bug him but they were shuffling and he was leaning back in his chair so I walked up to him, told him i was a huge Devils fan shook his hand and talked to him for like a minute or 2, he could not have been nicer

    then i was at the awards show and the red carpet thing and he passes so he stops to take pictures and i said hey Zach can I get a picture and he posed for a picture, shook my hand again

    super super nice kid

    Mark Messier- nice guy also...he knows my brother so I mentioned that i was "my brothers brother" and he was like yeah hes a good guy, asked him about his award and asked him about how he liked the awards in vegas, he was a very nice guy as well....didnt mention i was a Devils fane to him

    Roberto Luongo- shook hands nice guy
     
    wkufan
    wkufan
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 2964
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2009 - 11:15 AM ET #80

    Jamie Carrol (not big time celeb but is a utility player for the Indians now I believe) was as nice a person as I've ever met.  Met him at a charity event in my home town for a former MLB player Brad Wilkerson.  I talked to him for a good 15 mins about everything from him being recently engaged to what life is like in the BIGS.  Very friendly and down to earth.
     
    Brad Wilkerson who's a former player for the Expos/Nats/Rangers/Mariners/Blue Jays is a very nice person as well.  My father and I went to Montreal to see the Expos and Phillies play back in 2002 or so and yelled at him after a Friday night game.  He came and chatted with us and we mentioned we were from Owensboro, KY which is his home town.  He gave us his phone number and we called him Saturday morning where he met us at a fancy downtown Montreal restaraunt, got us through the line without waiting, ate with us and bought our meals.  Heard some cool stories about typical days being a MLB starting outfielder.  Told us that while the Expos played 20 games in Puerto Rico that year for their "home games" the players were given their typical $75 I believe for food per day.  Everyone on the Expos would go to McDonalds and buy a couple double cheesburgers and take the remainder of their food money to the casino in their hotel and gamble it away.  Real cool guy
     
     
    Reply
    Jamie Carrol (not big time celeb but is a utility player for the Indians now I believe) was as nice a person as I've ever met.  Met him at a charity event in my home town for a former MLB player Brad Wilkerson.  I talked to him for a good 15 mins about everything from him being recently engaged to what life is like in the BIGS.  Very friendly and down to earth.
     
    Brad Wilkerson who's a former player for the Expos/Nats/Rangers/Mariners/Blue Jays is a very nice person as well.  My father and I went to Montreal to see the Expos and Phillies play back in 2002 or so and yelled at him after a Friday night game.  He came and chatted with us and we mentioned we were from Owensboro, KY which is his home town.  He gave us his phone number and we called him Saturday morning where he met us at a fancy downtown Montreal restaraunt, got us through the line without waiting, ate with us and bought our meals.  Heard some cool stories about typical days being a MLB starting outfielder.  Told us that while the Expos played 20 games in Puerto Rico that year for their "home games" the players were given their typical $75 I believe for food per day.  Everyone on the Expos would go to McDonalds and buy a couple double cheesburgers and take the remainder of their food money to the casino in their hotel and gamble it away.  Real cool guy
     
     
     
    cacabware
    cacabware
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 11636
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2009 - 11:45 AM ET #81

    good thread robbie,,,,,,,,,,,,,i have to agree with the couple of others who said you can't catch ANYBODY on an off day---but if we start to see multiple encounters where this person acted like a douche---then we might be getting somewhere
    Reply
    good thread robbie,,,,,,,,,,,,,i have to agree with the couple of others who said you can't catch ANYBODY on an off day---but if we start to see multiple encounters where this person acted like a douche---then we might be getting somewhere
     
    cacabware
    cacabware
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 11636
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2009 - 11:45 AM ET #82

    CAN not can't.
     
    sorry.
    Reply
    CAN not can't.
     
    sorry.
     
    3rd_and_Long
    3rd_and_Long
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 23333
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2009 - 11:53 AM ET #83

    Tug McGraw - hung out drinking scotch in a bar with him for a few hours one night, very cool & funny. He asked my buddy what nationality he was, my friend replied half Irish & half Italian. Tugger told him to bend over and he'd make him full Irish. And he bought many, many rounds for the entire bar.
     
    Ryan Howard and Chase Utley are both genuinely nice guys.
    Reply
    Tug McGraw - hung out drinking scotch in a bar with him for a few hours one night, very cool & funny. He asked my buddy what nationality he was, my friend replied half Irish & half Italian. Tugger told him to bend over and he'd make him full Irish. And he bought many, many rounds for the entire bar.
     
    Ryan Howard and Chase Utley are both genuinely nice guys.
     
    STEELDRC
    STEELDRC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 4434
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2009 - 3:32 PM ET #84

    jeff reed = steelers kicker
    Reply
    jeff reed = steelers kicker
     
    LaDaddy
    LaDaddy
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 22824
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2009 - 4:30 PM ET #85

    Quote Originally Posted by robbie0570:

    sports, hollywood, political, etc.....also list the ones you've met who seemed to be good peeps.
     
    Drew Bledsoe:  complete douchebag when I met him at Pats training camp back in 1998....it was during "fans day" no less at Patriots training camp...he comes walking out for the afternoon session, and a very large group of young kids are lined up against the gate where they are supposed to so they can meet players and get autographs...he realizes all these kids are standing there, and i'm sure he started thinking about the fact its "fan appreciation day" and he is REQUIRED to mingle with the fans, he throws a little temper tantrum and hurls his helmet like 20 feet all pissed off that he is being inconvenianced to sign autographs for 20 minutes...definately left a bad taste in my mouth about this asshole that day....with the brady situation, trade, etc...I think he got what he deserved.
     
    Kevin Mchale:  what an asshole this guy is.....i'm at the georgia dome a few years ago for the SEC tourney....he's there as a scout i'm sure looking at talent, he's president of the T-Wolves at the time...i'm from Boston area, and a huge, longtime Celts fan especially from those days of Bird, Mchale, DJ, Parish, etc...I grab a pen and my game ticket-stub and I see him leave his seat and walk up toward the concession...its an empty hallway basically, he was just strolling along, not on the phone, not with anyone in a conversation, not going in the mens room...I figure its a PERFECT time to just say hi real quick and have him sign my ticket...I say "hi kevin, i'm a longtime celts fan, especially from your era i'm from the boston area, do you think you can sign my ticket?"....he makes this face like I just told him he's being sued for a million dollars, swipes the ticket out of my hand and scribbles his name, then basically flings it back at me and walks off without even an expression, nothing...he did sign it, which I guess other pricks wouldn't even do, but the way he did it, I can tell you now that he is a complete jerk-off.
     
    Andre Tippett:  his daughter and mine both play AAU girls basketball, and he lives near a huge sports complex outside the boston area....this is where i've bumped into this prick a couple times, and I learned my lesson that you don't even bother saying hello to this man...this guy is not friendly....he will not even shake your hand if you put it out to him....he's another one who just gets pissed off if you recognize him....god forbid.
     
    Cam Neely:  this guy is the salt of the earth...I bumped into him in bar in boston called "daddy's place" back in 1991 after a game the B's lost to the Sabres....ths guy was drinking all night, accepting any autograph, accepting any drink that anyone put in front of him, and any person in the entire building that stopped to talk to him, he would stop and have a full conversation with...this was a very solid dude.
     
    Craig Sagar:  put aside his annoying courtside reporting and awful colored suits....this guy is a fking party animal ....i've hung out with him twice in Atlanta because he was business partners in a chain of restaurants down there with a couple friends of mine...this guy LOVES to drink beers all night, and he's a loud, funny and colorful person....we were high fiving watching beautiful girls walking by us inside turner field, this guy is a fking blast to hang out with...and i'll say, too, his wife is a fine looking piece of ass.



    Kevin McHale was always one of my favorite Celtics. The length of his arms always amazed me. He was a class act too. Once when I saw the Celtics play in Miami, I followed their bus back to the hotel and the players were all standing around signing autographs and posing for photos. McHale got on his knees for pictures with kids and was really patient with the fans who wanted to talk with him even though I am sure he was tired from the game. Good memories of a great Celtics legend. I hope he lands on his feet and succeeds in life after the Wolves. His unique sense of humor would make him a great broadcaster. Enjoy the memories. ......................
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie0570:

    sports, hollywood, political, etc.....also list the ones you've met who seemed to be good peeps.
     
    Drew Bledsoe:  complete douchebag when I met him at Pats training camp back in 1998....it was during "fans day" no less at Patriots training camp...he comes walking out for the afternoon session, and a very large group of young kids are lined up against the gate where they are supposed to so they can meet players and get autographs...he realizes all these kids are standing there, and i'm sure he started thinking about the fact its "fan appreciation day" and he is REQUIRED to mingle with the fans, he throws a little temper tantrum and hurls his helmet like 20 feet all pissed off that he is being inconvenianced to sign autographs for 20 minutes...definately left a bad taste in my mouth about this asshole that day....with the brady situation, trade, etc...I think he got what he deserved.
     
    Kevin Mchale:  what an asshole this guy is.....i'm at the georgia dome a few years ago for the SEC tourney....he's there as a scout i'm sure looking at talent, he's president of the T-Wolves at the time...i'm from Boston area, and a huge, longtime Celts fan especially from those days of Bird, Mchale, DJ, Parish, etc...I grab a pen and my game ticket-stub and I see him leave his seat and walk up toward the concession...its an empty hallway basically, he was just strolling along, not on the phone, not with anyone in a conversation, not going in the mens room...I figure its a PERFECT time to just say hi real quick and have him sign my ticket...I say "hi kevin, i'm a longtime celts fan, especially from your era i'm from the boston area, do you think you can sign my ticket?"....he makes this face like I just told him he's being sued for a million dollars, swipes the ticket out of my hand and scribbles his name, then basically flings it back at me and walks off without even an expression, nothing...he did sign it, which I guess other pricks wouldn't even do, but the way he did it, I can tell you now that he is a complete jerk-off.
     
    Andre Tippett:  his daughter and mine both play AAU girls basketball, and he lives near a huge sports complex outside the boston area....this is where i've bumped into this prick a couple times, and I learned my lesson that you don't even bother saying hello to this man...this guy is not friendly....he will not even shake your hand if you put it out to him....he's another one who just gets pissed off if you recognize him....god forbid.
     
    Cam Neely:  this guy is the salt of the earth...I bumped into him in bar in boston called "daddy's place" back in 1991 after a game the B's lost to the Sabres....ths guy was drinking all night, accepting any autograph, accepting any drink that anyone put in front of him, and any person in the entire building that stopped to talk to him, he would stop and have a full conversation with...this was a very solid dude.
     
    Craig Sagar:  put aside his annoying courtside reporting and awful colored suits....this guy is a fking party animal ....i've hung out with him twice in Atlanta because he was business partners in a chain of restaurants down there with a couple friends of mine...this guy LOVES to drink beers all night, and he's a loud, funny and colorful person....we were high fiving watching beautiful girls walking by us inside turner field, this guy is a fking blast to hang out with...and i'll say, too, his wife is a fine looking piece of ass.



    Kevin McHale was always one of my favorite Celtics. The length of his arms always amazed me. He was a class act too. Once when I saw the Celtics play in Miami, I followed their bus back to the hotel and the players were all standing around signing autographs and posing for photos. McHale got on his knees for pictures with kids and was really patient with the fans who wanted to talk with him even though I am sure he was tired from the game. Good memories of a great Celtics legend. I hope he lands on his feet and succeeds in life after the Wolves. His unique sense of humor would make him a great broadcaster. Enjoy the memories. ......................
     
    samuelsosa
    samuelsosa
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 10988
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2009 - 4:50 PM ET #86

    I went to an autograph signing for CHRIS BENOIT [the child murderer] and EARL HEBNER's [wwf referee] brother DAVE was there.....after you got the autograph you can get back in line...
     
    Benoit must've seen my face 4x's and I got 4 8x10's signed. Didn't talk much, but can honestly say he wasnt an asshole. Just not very talkative.
     
    So on the 4th picture, I say hey, let me get EARL's auto too. [thinking he was EARL, pretty sure they were twins.] And I said, "HEY EARL, can I get your autograph", he said "DO I LOOK LIKE EARL??!" and he signed it. I was gonna say "YES actually you do, YOU ARE HIS FUCKING TWIN BROTHER!", but I just took my 8x10 and laughed it off.
     
     
    Reply
    I went to an autograph signing for CHRIS BENOIT [the child murderer] and EARL HEBNER's [wwf referee] brother DAVE was there.....after you got the autograph you can get back in line...
     
    Benoit must've seen my face 4x's and I got 4 8x10's signed. Didn't talk much, but can honestly say he wasnt an asshole. Just not very talkative.
     
    So on the 4th picture, I say hey, let me get EARL's auto too. [thinking he was EARL, pretty sure they were twins.] And I said, "HEY EARL, can I get your autograph", he said "DO I LOOK LIKE EARL??!" and he signed it. I was gonna say "YES actually you do, YOU ARE HIS FUCKING TWIN BROTHER!", but I just took my 8x10 and laughed it off.
     
     
     
    samuelsosa
    samuelsosa
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 10988
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2009 - 5:02 PM ET #87

    Greg Vaughn i saw outside the hotel. I was the first one to run up to him, asked him "can i have your autograph please?" he nicely said "on my way back"...I took his word for it as he was just going to the clothing store up the block.  He came out with 1 bag and signed both of my cards, and signed a few others for a few minutes.
    Reply
    Greg Vaughn i saw outside the hotel. I was the first one to run up to him, asked him "can i have your autograph please?" he nicely said "on my way back"...I took his word for it as he was just going to the clothing store up the block.  He came out with 1 bag and signed both of my cards, and signed a few others for a few minutes.
     
    samuelsosa
    samuelsosa
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 10988
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2009 - 5:07 PM ET #88

    Mark Messier....prick.
     
    I went to this auto signing around xmas time. You donate a toy and you get a sticker to meet and get auto's from Mark Messier, Brian Leetch, Manny Malholtra, and one more, cant remember right now. There was a long line outside, cold, and they say, if you get a sticker , DO NOT WORRY, you will get to meet them. Me and my brother got our sticker and felt a little relieved. Well finally we get inside, put our toys in the box, and to our surprise "Mark Messier has left"...........couldnt be more than 25ppl behind me, you couldnt fuckin' stay an extra 20-30 mins? Are you better than Leetch, Manny etc?
    Reply
    Mark Messier....prick.
     
    I went to this auto signing around xmas time. You donate a toy and you get a sticker to meet and get auto's from Mark Messier, Brian Leetch, Manny Malholtra, and one more, cant remember right now. There was a long line outside, cold, and they say, if you get a sticker , DO NOT WORRY, you will get to meet them. Me and my brother got our sticker and felt a little relieved. Well finally we get inside, put our toys in the box, and to our surprise "Mark Messier has left"...........couldnt be more than 25ppl behind me, you couldnt fuckin' stay an extra 20-30 mins? Are you better than Leetch, Manny etc?
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2009 - 5:16 PM ET #89

    The Iron Shiek... neutral guy

    maybe my favorite story... I was going to the Freehold Raceway mall one day for a card show and the day before I saw a sign in there that said he was signing autographs during the card show they had. So my friend Mike is like "get me his autograph" it was $5 .

    So I walk up to him and say hey Im a big fan, can you make it out to Mike..and he replies "how to spell?" and the guy with him told him how to spell it and my friend Mike has an "autograph" from The Iron Shiek. It is all print 1/2 caps half lowercase. The entire time after he says how to spell I was trying not to laugh.
    Reply
    The Iron Shiek... neutral guy

    maybe my favorite story... I was going to the Freehold Raceway mall one day for a card show and the day before I saw a sign in there that said he was signing autographs during the card show they had. So my friend Mike is like "get me his autograph" it was $5 .

    So I walk up to him and say hey Im a big fan, can you make it out to Mike..and he replies "how to spell?" and the guy with him told him how to spell it and my friend Mike has an "autograph" from The Iron Shiek. It is all print 1/2 caps half lowercase. The entire time after he says how to spell I was trying not to laugh.
     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2009 - 5:23 PM ET #90

    Quote Originally Posted by NJDevils:

    The Iron Shiek... neutral guy

    maybe my favorite story... I was going to the Freehold Raceway mall one day for a card show and the day before I saw a sign in there that said he was signing autographs during the card show they had. So my friend Mike is like "get me his autograph" it was $5 .

    So I walk up to him and say hey Im a big fan, can you make it out to Mike..and he replies "how to spell?" and the guy with him told him how to spell it and my friend Mike has an "autograph" from The Iron Shiek. It is all print 1/2 caps half lowercase. The entire time after he says how to spell I was trying not to laugh.

     

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by NJDevils:

    The Iron Shiek... neutral guy

    maybe my favorite story... I was going to the Freehold Raceway mall one day for a card show and the day before I saw a sign in there that said he was signing autographs during the card show they had. So my friend Mike is like "get me his autograph" it was $5 .

    So I walk up to him and say hey Im a big fan, can you make it out to Mike..and he replies "how to spell?" and the guy with him told him how to spell it and my friend Mike has an "autograph" from The Iron Shiek. It is all print 1/2 caps half lowercase. The entire time after he says how to spell I was trying not to laugh.

     

     

     
    TonyaHarding
    TonyaHarding
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1808
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2009 - 9:31 PM ET #91

    Biggest cocksucking piece of shit asshole is hands down Mike Schmidt, I've met a lot of celebs and he's by far the worste. I could elaborate if anyone cares...
     
    Other prick douchebags -
     
    Chris Carter
    Pete Rose
    Allen Iverson
    Tim Cowlishaw (Not really a celeb, but total dbag)
     
    Cool as shit -
     
    Drew Carey (Monster tipper)
    Donte Stallworth (Poor guy)
    Kevin Eubanks
    Jeff Carter, Mike Richards (Shotgunned a few beers with them)
    Richard Lewis
    Roger Clemens (Always cool to me, I've heard he's dicked over some)
    Scotty Nguyen (Drank a beer with him at the airport, he's scared shitless of flying)
     
    Reply
    Biggest cocksucking piece of shit asshole is hands down Mike Schmidt, I've met a lot of celebs and he's by far the worste. I could elaborate if anyone cares...
     
    Other prick douchebags -
     
    Chris Carter
    Pete Rose
    Allen Iverson
    Tim Cowlishaw (Not really a celeb, but total dbag)
     
    Cool as shit -
     
    Drew Carey (Monster tipper)
    Donte Stallworth (Poor guy)
    Kevin Eubanks
    Jeff Carter, Mike Richards (Shotgunned a few beers with them)
    Richard Lewis
    Roger Clemens (Always cool to me, I've heard he's dicked over some)
    Scotty Nguyen (Drank a beer with him at the airport, he's scared shitless of flying)
     
     
    cacabware
    cacabware
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 11636
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2009 - 12:32 AM ET #92

    Quote Originally Posted by NJDevils:

    The Iron Shiek... neutral guy

    maybe my favorite story... I was going to the Freehold Raceway mall one day for a card show and the day before I saw a sign in there that said he was signing autographs during the card show they had. So my friend Mike is like "get me his autograph" it was $5 .

    So I walk up to him and say hey Im a big fan, can you make it out to Mike..and he replies "how to spell?" and the guy with him told him how to spell it and my friend Mike has an "autograph" from The Iron Shiek. It is all print 1/2 caps half lowercase. The entire time after he says how to spell I was trying not to laugh.

     

    you tube iron sheik for hours of fun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by NJDevils:

    The Iron Shiek... neutral guy

    maybe my favorite story... I was going to the Freehold Raceway mall one day for a card show and the day before I saw a sign in there that said he was signing autographs during the card show they had. So my friend Mike is like "get me his autograph" it was $5 .

    So I walk up to him and say hey Im a big fan, can you make it out to Mike..and he replies "how to spell?" and the guy with him told him how to spell it and my friend Mike has an "autograph" from The Iron Shiek. It is all print 1/2 caps half lowercase. The entire time after he says how to spell I was trying not to laugh.

     

    you tube iron sheik for hours of fun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2009 - 12:34 AM ET #93

    BTW that Iron Shiek story was in 2000 or so
    Reply
    BTW that Iron Shiek story was in 2000 or so
     
    surfertodd
    surfertodd
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 351
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2009 - 3:48 PM ET #94

    Roger Staubach
     
    Darrell Strawberry
     
    Otis Thorpe
     
    Ron Artest
     
    Robert Horry
     
    Kelly Slater
     
     Clyde Drexler
     
    Sammy Hagar
     
    Catino Mobley
     
    Charles Barkley
     
    The Dream
     
    Bono/The Edge
     
    Billy Idol
    Reply
    Roger Staubach
     
    Darrell Strawberry
     
    Otis Thorpe
     
    Ron Artest
     
    Robert Horry
     
    Kelly Slater
     
     Clyde Drexler
     
    Sammy Hagar
     
    Catino Mobley
     
    Charles Barkley
     
    The Dream
     
    Bono/The Edge
     
    Billy Idol
     
    TheKeekSoUnique
    TheKeekSoUnique
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2025
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Aug. 10, 2025 - 6:01 AM ET #95

    @godsfavoritedog

     I'm not surprised.I used to like him until I followed him on Instagram. I gave him a compliment about one of his guitar performances and he made a response to me and deleted it. I guess he misunderstood my compliment and thought I was insulting him. He would have gotten cursed out had he not deleted the message. I don't kiss ANYBODY'S ass regardless of who they are. I'm no longer a TD fan. He can kick rocks.

    Reply

    @godsfavoritedog

     I'm not surprised.I used to like him until I followed him on Instagram. I gave him a compliment about one of his guitar performances and he made a response to me and deleted it. I guess he misunderstood my compliment and thought I was insulting him. He would have gotten cursed out had he not deleted the message. I don't kiss ANYBODY'S ass regardless of who they are. I'm no longer a TD fan. He can kick rocks.

     
    TheKeekSoUnique
    TheKeekSoUnique
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2025
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2025 - 4:21 AM ET #96

    @godsfavoritedog

     

     

    Reply

    @godsfavoritedog

     

     

     
    tjones1270
    tjones1270
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 962
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2025 - 1:41 PM ET #97

    Stephen A smith didnt even acknolwedge me were i wasworking at pizzeria in CC Philly 

    Reply

    Stephen A smith didnt even acknolwedge me were i wasworking at pizzeria in CC Philly 

     
    jimmycoonan
    jimmycoonan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 446
    Posted: Sep. 5, 2025 - 2:34 PM ET #98

    met Conan nicest guy ever always tipped great really tall gentleman

    Reply

    met Conan nicest guy ever always tipped great really tall gentleman

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Nov. 27, 2025 - 6:28 AM ET #99

    I was about 27 when I met Gene Simmons and the rest of KISS in Cleveland. It was at a KISS convention. I went to get an autograph from Gene. He looked at my Steelers ball cap that I was wearing and asked me where I got it. I didn’t know what to say (I didn’t where I bought it… I had owned it for a while) so I just said, “Pittsburgh. You like it?” He said, “No.” He looked at me with a scowl on his face and kept looking at me while he scribbled some ziggly lines on my photo and gave it back to me. He’s an absolute douche bag.

     

    I grew up a KISS fan. Spent a lot of my money over the years on their garbage. I was looking forward to that day for months. It was like a dream come true to meet the band. Then he does that.

    Reply

    I was about 27 when I met Gene Simmons and the rest of KISS in Cleveland. It was at a KISS convention. I went to get an autograph from Gene. He looked at my Steelers ball cap that I was wearing and asked me where I got it. I didn’t know what to say (I didn’t where I bought it… I had owned it for a while) so I just said, “Pittsburgh. You like it?” He said, “No.” He looked at me with a scowl on his face and kept looking at me while he scribbled some ziggly lines on my photo and gave it back to me. He’s an absolute douche bag.

     

    I grew up a KISS fan. Spent a lot of my money over the years on their garbage. I was looking forward to that day for months. It was like a dream come true to meet the band. Then he does that.

     
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Nov. 27, 2025 - 6:38 AM ET #100

    Kevin Greene  thumbs_up

    was one of the nicest guys I have ever met. 

    Kevin Costner is a class act and it was a pleasure to meet him thumbs_up

    Met Rod Woodson thumbs_up

    several times and was always polite and respectful. 

    Reply

    Kevin Greene  thumbs_up

    was one of the nicest guys I have ever met. 

    Kevin Costner is a class act and it was a pleasure to meet him thumbs_up

    Met Rod Woodson thumbs_up

    several times and was always polite and respectful. 

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,747
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,569
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 421
    • MLB Playoffs 15,678
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,064
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,356
    • Week 6 Money 5,343
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,212
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
    • HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,493

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.