• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Birthday Gift Ideas for my girlfriend Help Wanted

    123 Next Last»
    Whodeysb09
    TheGoldenGoose
    Dsn150
    jasonwhitesknee
    SALTY
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2612
    Posts: 60
    123 Next Last»
     
    Whodeysb09
    Whodeysb09
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 14372
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 5:59 PM ET #1

    She's 24 turning 25 don't know what to buy here this year.  I was going to propose but really can't afford to do it, need to find another alternative.  Her birthday is in 11 days, having trouble thinking of something to get her.  We have a son together who is 7 months old, I'm just really struggling on what to buy her.  Any feedback?  Need to get her something that she can open in front of her family too, no dildos shit like that
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    She's 24 turning 25 don't know what to buy here this year.  I was going to propose but really can't afford to do it, need to find another alternative.  Her birthday is in 11 days, having trouble thinking of something to get her.  We have a son together who is 7 months old, I'm just really struggling on what to buy her.  Any feedback?  Need to get her something that she can open in front of her family too, no dildos shit like that
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:03 PM ET #2


    Engagement ring...  Man up.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Engagement ring...  Man up.
     
    Dsn150
    Dsn150
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 11794
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:04 PM ET #3

    How much are you willing to spend?

    Reply
    How much are you willing to spend?

     
    Whodeysb09
    Whodeysb09
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 14372
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:04 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Engagement ring...  Man up.


    I want to but can't afford it, just bought a house.  Closed on Thursday actually.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Engagement ring...  Man up.


    I want to but can't afford it, just bought a house.  Closed on Thursday actually.
     
    Whodeysb09
    Whodeysb09
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 14372
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:05 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsn150:

    How much are you willing to spend?



    Nothing outrageous, I was thinking like up to 200, like I said I just bought a house and closed on Thursday.  Set us back money wise.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsn150:

    How much are you willing to spend?



    Nothing outrageous, I was thinking like up to 200, like I said I just bought a house and closed on Thursday.  Set us back money wise.
     
    jasonwhitesknee
    jasonwhitesknee
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 9425
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:06 PM ET #6

    GO get a ring on credit and then upgrade when you can.
    Reply
    GO get a ring on credit and then upgrade when you can.
     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:06 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Whodeysb09:

    She's 24 turning 25 don't know what to buy here this year.  I was going to propose but really can't afford to do it, need to find another alternative.  Her birthday is in 11 days, having trouble thinking of something to get her.  We have a son together who is 7 months old, I'm just really struggling on what to buy her.  Any feedback?  Need to get her something that she can open in front of her family too, no dildos shit like that

     

    Well then you will have no use for my ideas then.....damn.

     

    Good luck here getting women advice from dudes who most are ditching at this very moment to be here at covers.

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Whodeysb09:

    She's 24 turning 25 don't know what to buy here this year.  I was going to propose but really can't afford to do it, need to find another alternative.  Her birthday is in 11 days, having trouble thinking of something to get her.  We have a son together who is 7 months old, I'm just really struggling on what to buy her.  Any feedback?  Need to get her something that she can open in front of her family too, no dildos shit like that

     

    Well then you will have no use for my ideas then.....damn.

     

    Good luck here getting women advice from dudes who most are ditching at this very moment to be here at covers.

     

     

     
    Whodeysb09
    Whodeysb09
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 14372
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:07 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

     

    Well then you will have no use for my ideas then.....damn.

     

    Good luck here getting women advice from dudes who most are ditching at this very moment to be here at covers.

     

     



    Damn good point but any ideas is better than the ones I have.  I'm struggling with this right now.  She always says I don't want anything but I know damn well she wants something.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

     

    Well then you will have no use for my ideas then.....damn.

     

    Good luck here getting women advice from dudes who most are ditching at this very moment to be here at covers.

     

     



    Damn good point but any ideas is better than the ones I have.  I'm struggling with this right now.  She always says I don't want anything but I know damn well she wants something.
     
    Dsn150
    Dsn150
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 11794
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:09 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Whodeysb09:



    Nothing outrageous, I was thinking like up to 200, like I said I just bought a house and closed on Thursday.  Set us back money wise.

    I always look at birthdays, etc as occasions to buy someone something they would never spend money on for themselves....


    Sounds weird- but how about a full day at a local spa- massage, nails, facial ()....





    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Whodeysb09:



    Nothing outrageous, I was thinking like up to 200, like I said I just bought a house and closed on Thursday.  Set us back money wise.

    I always look at birthdays, etc as occasions to buy someone something they would never spend money on for themselves....


    Sounds weird- but how about a full day at a local spa- massage, nails, facial ()....





     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55705
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:10 PM ET #10

    Either coupons for free blow jobs or season tickets to ND games.....Both will wind up sucking!!!

     

    Just given you hell bro

    Seriously......

    Start with a picture frame for the new house with a pic of the 3 of you. The family will think you are great. Then, take her to a nice dinner (get someone to babysit). Then give her a gift certificate to get a massage and a mani/pedi and tell her she deserves to be pampered a bit. Done deal, all for under $200 

    Reply

    Either coupons for free blow jobs or season tickets to ND games.....Both will wind up sucking!!!

     

    Just given you hell bro

    Seriously......

    Start with a picture frame for the new house with a pic of the 3 of you. The family will think you are great. Then, take her to a nice dinner (get someone to babysit). Then give her a gift certificate to get a massage and a mani/pedi and tell her she deserves to be pampered a bit. Done deal, all for under $200 

     
    Dsn150
    Dsn150
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 11794
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:11 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsn150:


    I always look at birthdays, etc as occasions to buy someone something they would never spend money on for themselves....


    Sounds weird- but how about a full day at a local spa- massage, nails, facial ()....







    Oh- and flowers and a nice card....

    Don't ever fucking forget the card.......
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsn150:


    I always look at birthdays, etc as occasions to buy someone something they would never spend money on for themselves....


    Sounds weird- but how about a full day at a local spa- massage, nails, facial ()....







    Oh- and flowers and a nice card....

    Don't ever fucking forget the card.......
     
    Whodeysb09
    Whodeysb09
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 14372
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:13 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Either coupons for free blow jobs or season tickets to ND games.....Both will wind up sucking!!!

     

    Just given you hell bro

    Seriously......

    Start with a picture frame for the new house with a pic of the 3 of you. The family will think you are great. Then, take her to a nice dinner (get someone to babysit). Then give her a gift certificate to get a massage and a mani/pedi and tell her she deserves to be pampered a bit. Done deal, all for under $200 



    Damn did you come up with that one all by yourself...that actually was a solid joke, have to give you props on that.  Your idea might work out.  I'm seriously thinking about that good call train...thanks.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Either coupons for free blow jobs or season tickets to ND games.....Both will wind up sucking!!!

     

    Just given you hell bro

    Seriously......

    Start with a picture frame for the new house with a pic of the 3 of you. The family will think you are great. Then, take her to a nice dinner (get someone to babysit). Then give her a gift certificate to get a massage and a mani/pedi and tell her she deserves to be pampered a bit. Done deal, all for under $200 



    Damn did you come up with that one all by yourself...that actually was a solid joke, have to give you props on that.  Your idea might work out.  I'm seriously thinking about that good call train...thanks.
     
    Dsn150
    Dsn150
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 11794
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:13 PM ET #13

    Throw dinner in and you're probably over $200, but I'm sure you guys do dinner regularly.........
    Reply
    Throw dinner in and you're probably over $200, but I'm sure you guys do dinner regularly.........
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:13 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Whodeysb09:



    I want to but can't afford it, just bought a house.  Closed on Thursday actually.


    moissanite is a high quality alternative until you can / want to buy her another ring.  check it out.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Whodeysb09:



    I want to but can't afford it, just bought a house.  Closed on Thursday actually.


    moissanite is a high quality alternative until you can / want to buy her another ring.  check it out.
     
    Whodeysb09
    Whodeysb09
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 14372
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:13 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsn150:



    Oh- and flowers and a nice card....

    Don't ever fucking forget the card.......


    Yeah I never do..

    Good advice.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsn150:



    Oh- and flowers and a nice card....

    Don't ever fucking forget the card.......


    Yeah I never do..

    Good advice.
     
    Whodeysb09
    Whodeysb09
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 14372
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:15 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    moissanite is a high quality alternative until you can / want to buy her another ring.  check it out.


    I'm not one of those type of people, although I believe it is the thought that counts, I still want to give her something she really deserves. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    moissanite is a high quality alternative until you can / want to buy her another ring.  check it out.


    I'm not one of those type of people, although I believe it is the thought that counts, I still want to give her something she really deserves. 
     
    captaincredit
    captaincredit
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 2908
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:20 PM ET #17

    Anything involving diamonds will work, earring, tennis bracelet etc...

    ....even if it isn't extravagant, under $200, she will be stoked you did your best with what you've got.

    Good luck

    Reply

    Anything involving diamonds will work, earring, tennis bracelet etc...

    ....even if it isn't extravagant, under $200, she will be stoked you did your best with what you've got.

    Good luck

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:22 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Whodeysb09:



    I'm not one of those type of people, although I believe it is the thought that counts, I still want to give her something she really deserves. 



    I've been on this planet a half century and NEVER seen a woman who doesn't want her man's ring on her finger.

    Is this about what YOU want to give her or what SHE wants to receive?

    GL with whatever you decide
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Whodeysb09:



    I'm not one of those type of people, although I believe it is the thought that counts, I still want to give her something she really deserves. 



    I've been on this planet a half century and NEVER seen a woman who doesn't want her man's ring on her finger.

    Is this about what YOU want to give her or what SHE wants to receive?

    GL with whatever you decide
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55705
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:26 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Whodeysb09:



    Damn did you come up with that one all by yourself...that actually was a solid joke, have to give you props on that.  Your idea might work out.  I'm seriously thinking about that good call train...thanks.

    Yep, just made that up. I think ND will actually be good this year. 

    You cant really go wrong with my plan. Its nice thing from the heart, food, and a relaxing day for her. Cant really beat it. Frame $20 Dinner $80ish Mani/Pedi/Massage $100ish

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Whodeysb09:



    Damn did you come up with that one all by yourself...that actually was a solid joke, have to give you props on that.  Your idea might work out.  I'm seriously thinking about that good call train...thanks.

    Yep, just made that up. I think ND will actually be good this year. 

    You cant really go wrong with my plan. Its nice thing from the heart, food, and a relaxing day for her. Cant really beat it. Frame $20 Dinner $80ish Mani/Pedi/Massage $100ish

     

     
    Whodeysb09
    Whodeysb09
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 14372
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:27 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:




    I've been on this planet a half century and NEVER seen a woman who doesn't want her man's ring on her finger.

    Is this about what YOU want to give her or what SHE wants to receive?

    GL with whatever you decide


    Good question.  I know she wants to get married but it's going to take us at least 3 years to get married anyways.  She knows that I love her very much and knows that we probably won't ever break up.  To me it's not that big of a deal, I'm not sure how she feels exactly but I know it needs to happen soon.  I want to badly I think she would be extremely happy but I don't want to splurge and be broke when we just bought a new house, ya know?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:




    I've been on this planet a half century and NEVER seen a woman who doesn't want her man's ring on her finger.

    Is this about what YOU want to give her or what SHE wants to receive?

    GL with whatever you decide


    Good question.  I know she wants to get married but it's going to take us at least 3 years to get married anyways.  She knows that I love her very much and knows that we probably won't ever break up.  To me it's not that big of a deal, I'm not sure how she feels exactly but I know it needs to happen soon.  I want to badly I think she would be extremely happy but I don't want to splurge and be broke when we just bought a new house, ya know?
     
    Whodeysb09
    Whodeysb09
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 14372
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:28 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Yep, just made that up. I think ND will actually be good this year. 

    You cant really go wrong with my plan. Its nice thing from the heart, food, and a relaxing day for her. Cant really beat it. Frame $20 Dinner $80ish Mani/Pedi/Massage $100ish

     



    ND should be very good but I'm going to not be too optimistic.  I always try to find reasons they won't succeed so I'm not overly optimistic, like I am in years past.  I wasn't too optimistic last season but the defense showed a lot of improvement should be very solid.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Yep, just made that up. I think ND will actually be good this year. 

    You cant really go wrong with my plan. Its nice thing from the heart, food, and a relaxing day for her. Cant really beat it. Frame $20 Dinner $80ish Mani/Pedi/Massage $100ish

     



    ND should be very good but I'm going to not be too optimistic.  I always try to find reasons they won't succeed so I'm not overly optimistic, like I am in years past.  I wasn't too optimistic last season but the defense showed a lot of improvement should be very solid.
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:37 PM ET #22

    Picture of house/family is PERFECT, especially in front of her family. They will think it's a keepsake done JUST FOR THEM.

    BUT, dude, you HAVE to get a ring on her finger. You can call it engagement ring, friendship ring (although, by having a child, I'm guessing you guys are more than just "friends") promise ring, whatever. You do not have to splurge on this ring. You just have to let her know you are thinking of the future, and that she is in it. I know you guys make TALK a lot about this. This will not only impress her, but her parents. Favorable in-laws can really help your future together, believe me............

    Reply

    Picture of house/family is PERFECT, especially in front of her family. They will think it's a keepsake done JUST FOR THEM.

    BUT, dude, you HAVE to get a ring on her finger. You can call it engagement ring, friendship ring (although, by having a child, I'm guessing you guys are more than just "friends") promise ring, whatever. You do not have to splurge on this ring. You just have to let her know you are thinking of the future, and that she is in it. I know you guys make TALK a lot about this. This will not only impress her, but her parents. Favorable in-laws can really help your future together, believe me............

     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:39 PM ET #23

    If you are wanting to get through this with no out of pocket expenses here you go. It was very hard for me to not get dildo related with advice. But here is how you can make her happy on her birthday.

    Especially if she is the type of broad who makes your life hell for not getting her gifts.

     

    Go to any large chain store and they will have racks of gift cards to various stores for $50 or $100

    Pick out a handful and there out you go. She does not need to know they are not activated

    And keep an eye on where she puts them after being happy about the gift card buffet you just gave her for this very special day.

    Then you swipe the cards when the coast is clear and deny any knowledge of the disapearance of the cards. You have to plan precisely to avoid the embarrassment of her being out in public using dead cards

     

    And looking back on her very special 25th. You will always know that you created a little bit of mystery in her life.

     

    And she tells people you are boring and predictable?

    I don't think so bitch

     

    Reply

    If you are wanting to get through this with no out of pocket expenses here you go. It was very hard for me to not get dildo related with advice. But here is how you can make her happy on her birthday.

    Especially if she is the type of broad who makes your life hell for not getting her gifts.

     

    Go to any large chain store and they will have racks of gift cards to various stores for $50 or $100

    Pick out a handful and there out you go. She does not need to know they are not activated

    And keep an eye on where she puts them after being happy about the gift card buffet you just gave her for this very special day.

    Then you swipe the cards when the coast is clear and deny any knowledge of the disapearance of the cards. You have to plan precisely to avoid the embarrassment of her being out in public using dead cards

     

    And looking back on her very special 25th. You will always know that you created a little bit of mystery in her life.

     

    And she tells people you are boring and predictable?

    I don't think so bitch

     

     
    ocd
    ocd
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 1581
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:40 PM ET #24

    any nice dinner shud be about 2 bills for two ppl so idk about that along with anything else.

    ...nice purse...coach etc...chicks luv purses. do hmwrk tho.

    jewelry is good idea. may need to if you havnt gotten her any yet. if your near her age then your still young enuf to get away with "its the thot that counts" and still get something good at macys or pennys or some sh*t like that.

    why did you buy a house if it set you back? not givin you sh*t at all just curious why you decided to limit your cash flow if your near her age as well? my advice, return the house and buy her a ring and rent a nice place. gl

    Reply

    any nice dinner shud be about 2 bills for two ppl so idk about that along with anything else.

    ...nice purse...coach etc...chicks luv purses. do hmwrk tho.

    jewelry is good idea. may need to if you havnt gotten her any yet. if your near her age then your still young enuf to get away with "its the thot that counts" and still get something good at macys or pennys or some sh*t like that.

    why did you buy a house if it set you back? not givin you sh*t at all just curious why you decided to limit your cash flow if your near her age as well? my advice, return the house and buy her a ring and rent a nice place. gl

     
     
    Thurow
    Thurow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 2184
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2011 - 6:50 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonwhitesknee:

    GO get a ring on credit and then upgrade when you can.


    I did this when I was 24....nervous as shit...but she was very happy and I have never upgraded the ring per her request.  She knew my limits at the time and was happy about what the ring meant...not what the ring looked like.  14 years later...


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonwhitesknee:

    GO get a ring on credit and then upgrade when you can.


    I did this when I was 24....nervous as shit...but she was very happy and I have never upgraded the ring per her request.  She knew my limits at the time and was happy about what the ring meant...not what the ring looked like.  14 years later...


    All Forums | General Discussion
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,676
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,374
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,054
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 673
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,260
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,065
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,784
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,135
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,460
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 12,591

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.