Don't take this personally but I seriously don't give a Dr. Suese's Flying Fukkaro what impresses you or not.
15 bucks to flip burgers in Seattle. Wow
Don't take this personally but I seriously don't give a Dr. Suese's Flying Fukkaro what impresses you or not.
Don't take this personally but I seriously don't give a Dr. Suese's Flying Fukkaro what impresses you or not.
Figures lie and Liars figure.
You can make numbers say anything you want.
Let us deal in FACTS.
In 1979 I was driving a forklift in a Teamster Warehouse at $16 / hr. Health and Retirement benefits made that a $30 / hr job.
Are you trying to tell me that time and inflation has kept pace with Lower Middle Class employees?
THIRTY FIVE FRIGGIN YEARS LATER...
And worker wages have gone absolutely NOWHERE?
Meanwhile CEO pay has improved 300%...
Cut costs, cut jobs, cut everything and collect your million dollar bonuses while sending the average worker into poverty.
Yes, I an OUTTA HERE in 12 Months. I cannot stand a minute longer of this Corporate hypocrisy. The pitting of Reps vs Dems, LIKE IT MAKES SOME KIND OF DIFFERENCE.
George Carlin NAILED IT... They own you.
Figures lie and Liars figure.
You can make numbers say anything you want.
Let us deal in FACTS.
In 1979 I was driving a forklift in a Teamster Warehouse at $16 / hr. Health and Retirement benefits made that a $30 / hr job.
Are you trying to tell me that time and inflation has kept pace with Lower Middle Class employees?
THIRTY FIVE FRIGGIN YEARS LATER...
And worker wages have gone absolutely NOWHERE?
Meanwhile CEO pay has improved 300%...
Cut costs, cut jobs, cut everything and collect your million dollar bonuses while sending the average worker into poverty.
Yes, I an OUTTA HERE in 12 Months. I cannot stand a minute longer of this Corporate hypocrisy. The pitting of Reps vs Dems, LIKE IT MAKES SOME KIND OF DIFFERENCE.
George Carlin NAILED IT... They own you.
Stop... Pause... Think...
First... I totally believe there will always be (EXCEPT in totally automated facilities) a cashier that can take an order and help visually disabled and others who need assistance.
Second... There will be kiosks for those that want the option.
I don't want things to change... So, PERIOD... They will not change... Right...
Stop... Pause... Think...
First... I totally believe there will always be (EXCEPT in totally automated facilities) a cashier that can take an order and help visually disabled and others who need assistance.
Second... There will be kiosks for those that want the option.
I don't want things to change... So, PERIOD... They will not change... Right...
Customers will leave and go somewhere else if they have to wait for any period of time AND if there is a learning curve involved in the process.
Customers will leave and go somewhere else if they have to wait for any period of time AND if there is a learning curve involved in the process.
Why... Why... Why.... Does it have to be either ALL Cashiers and NO Touchscreens OR ALL Touchscreens and NO Cashiers???
Stop... Pause... Think...
First... I totally believe there will always be (EXCEPT in totally automated facilities) a cashier that can take an order and help visually disabled and others who need assistance.
Second... There will be kiosks for those that want the option.
I don't want things to change... So, PERIOD... They will not change... Right...
Why... Why... Why.... Does it have to be either ALL Cashiers and NO Touchscreens OR ALL Touchscreens and NO Cashiers???
Stop... Pause... Think...
First... I totally believe there will always be (EXCEPT in totally automated facilities) a cashier that can take an order and help visually disabled and others who need assistance.
Second... There will be kiosks for those that want the option.
I don't want things to change... So, PERIOD... They will not change... Right...
C'mon ken, at least understand the facts.
This phases in over the course of the next SEVEN YEARS.
NEW EMPLOYEES are not enshrined at the $15 minimum wage.
They have to prove themselves over a 90 day Training Period.
Employers have those 90 Days to weed out the chafe from the wheat.
As it should be.
Goose--I'd like to think I understand the facts. If I'm investing my own money to start a private business, or, for that matter, a team, I don't want you, Ted Kennedy, Ted Cruz or anyone else telling me who is going to be on my team or what I should pay them. It is bad enough that people who have NEVER run a business want to tell me how to run mine. It is worse when these government types, who foul up everything they touch, decide they are going to tell me how to make my business work. Keep those failures away from me. We'll all be better off.
C'mon ken, at least understand the facts.
This phases in over the course of the next SEVEN YEARS.
NEW EMPLOYEES are not enshrined at the $15 minimum wage.
They have to prove themselves over a 90 day Training Period.
Employers have those 90 Days to weed out the chafe from the wheat.
As it should be.
Goose--I'd like to think I understand the facts. If I'm investing my own money to start a private business, or, for that matter, a team, I don't want you, Ted Kennedy, Ted Cruz or anyone else telling me who is going to be on my team or what I should pay them. It is bad enough that people who have NEVER run a business want to tell me how to run mine. It is worse when these government types, who foul up everything they touch, decide they are going to tell me how to make my business work. Keep those failures away from me. We'll all be better off.
Ok I checked that link and come on..that is not good at all. It was written in 2011 and there was this tiny tidbit of verbage in the article that messes the concept up-
Ok I checked that link and come on..that is not good at all. It was written in 2011 and there was this tiny tidbit of verbage in the article that messes the concept up-
Goose--I'd like to think I understand the facts. If I'm investing my own money to start a private business, or, for that matter, a team, I don't want you, Ted Kennedy, Ted Cruz or anyone else telling me who is going to be on my team or what I should pay them. It is bad enough that people who have NEVER run a business want to tell me how to run mine. It is worse when these government types, who foul up everything they touch, decide they are going to tell me how to make my business work. Keep those failures away from me. We'll all be better off.
* chaff
Ken: Nobody is telling you how to run your business. They ARE telling you that slave wages will not be tolerated. It's quite obvious that there needs to be regulation in place concerning the minimum wage. We see how the 1%ers squeeze blood from a stone. What is wrong with a 90 Day Trial Period for an entry level unskilled position? Keep good workers, Fire bad workers, Repeat. Until you have the team you want and need.
What's the problem?
Goose--I'd like to think I understand the facts. If I'm investing my own money to start a private business, or, for that matter, a team, I don't want you, Ted Kennedy, Ted Cruz or anyone else telling me who is going to be on my team or what I should pay them. It is bad enough that people who have NEVER run a business want to tell me how to run mine. It is worse when these government types, who foul up everything they touch, decide they are going to tell me how to make my business work. Keep those failures away from me. We'll all be better off.
* chaff
Ken: Nobody is telling you how to run your business. They ARE telling you that slave wages will not be tolerated. It's quite obvious that there needs to be regulation in place concerning the minimum wage. We see how the 1%ers squeeze blood from a stone. What is wrong with a 90 Day Trial Period for an entry level unskilled position? Keep good workers, Fire bad workers, Repeat. Until you have the team you want and need.
What's the problem?
It is being done in grocery stores. There may be 1 or 2 check-out lines with a cashier but off to the side there are at least 4 manual kiosk/check-outs. There is usually one employee standing there just to make sure everything goes OK but those machines have taken over and replaced humans. Twenty years ago no one would have probably forsaw that.
As far as fast food joints, right now I would have no idea how a machine would get an order right: xtra mayo, no onions, etc, but I bet they could have machines to take our order and money.
Twenty years from now they may have machines that read our minds. I won't be surprised if more and more locations (fast food, grocery stores, Pep Boys, etc) go to partial to full automation.
It is being done in grocery stores. There may be 1 or 2 check-out lines with a cashier but off to the side there are at least 4 manual kiosk/check-outs. There is usually one employee standing there just to make sure everything goes OK but those machines have taken over and replaced humans. Twenty years ago no one would have probably forsaw that.
As far as fast food joints, right now I would have no idea how a machine would get an order right: xtra mayo, no onions, etc, but I bet they could have machines to take our order and money.
Twenty years from now they may have machines that read our minds. I won't be surprised if more and more locations (fast food, grocery stores, Pep Boys, etc) go to partial to full automation.
I am not sure---at FF I would rather have kiosk. A lot of the people there are knuckleheads. Nice places where you tip for good service---no kiosk. ![]()
I am not sure---at FF I would rather have kiosk. A lot of the people there are knuckleheads. Nice places where you tip for good service---no kiosk. ![]()
Keep good workers, Fire bad workers, Repeat. Until you have the team you want and need.
What's the problem?
Uh-huh--whole 'nother can o' worms
Keep good workers, Fire bad workers, Repeat. Until you have the team you want and need.
What's the problem?
Uh-huh--whole 'nother can o' worms
Wow--where you getting 90 secs right now? ![]()
Wow--where you getting 90 secs right now? ![]()
* chaff
Ken: Nobody is telling you how to run your business. They ARE telling you that slave wages will not be tolerated. It's quite obvious that there needs to be regulation in place concerning the minimum wage. We see how the 1%ers squeeze blood from a stone. What is wrong with a 90 Day Trial Period for an entry level unskilled position? Keep good workers, Fire bad workers, Repeat. Until you have the team you want and need.
What's the problem?
* chaff
Ken: Nobody is telling you how to run your business. They ARE telling you that slave wages will not be tolerated. It's quite obvious that there needs to be regulation in place concerning the minimum wage. We see how the 1%ers squeeze blood from a stone. What is wrong with a 90 Day Trial Period for an entry level unskilled position? Keep good workers, Fire bad workers, Repeat. Until you have the team you want and need.
What's the problem?
Wall:
It is being done in grocery stores. There may be 1 or 2 check-out lines with a cashier but off to the side there are at least 4 manual kiosk/check-outs. There is usually one employee standing there just to make sure everything goes OK but those machines have taken over and replaced humans. Twenty years ago no one would have probably forsaw that.
As far as fast food joints, right now I would have no idea how a machine would get an order right: xtra mayo, no onions, etc, but I bet they could have machines to take our order and money.
Twenty years from now they may have machines that read our minds. I won't be surprised if more and more locations (fast food, grocery stores, Pep Boys, etc) go to partial to full automation.
Believe me. Extra mayo and no oniions, all that can easily be set up to do and rather quickly. Computers amazing things. The future is a coming and the times they are a changing.
Wall:
It is being done in grocery stores. There may be 1 or 2 check-out lines with a cashier but off to the side there are at least 4 manual kiosk/check-outs. There is usually one employee standing there just to make sure everything goes OK but those machines have taken over and replaced humans. Twenty years ago no one would have probably forsaw that.
As far as fast food joints, right now I would have no idea how a machine would get an order right: xtra mayo, no onions, etc, but I bet they could have machines to take our order and money.
Twenty years from now they may have machines that read our minds. I won't be surprised if more and more locations (fast food, grocery stores, Pep Boys, etc) go to partial to full automation.
Believe me. Extra mayo and no oniions, all that can easily be set up to do and rather quickly. Computers amazing things. The future is a coming and the times they are a changing.
Government will hook you up to run more efficiently and grow bigger---ask US Postal Service how it's done...![]()
Government will hook you up to run more efficiently and grow bigger---ask US Postal Service how it's done...![]()
Government will hook you up to run more efficiently and grow bigger---ask US Postal Service how it's done...![]()
Government will hook you up to run more efficiently and grow bigger---ask US Postal Service how it's done...![]()
Haha1 They won't--no competition---they way subsidized. Need to subsidize me ![]()
Haha1 They won't--no competition---they way subsidized. Need to subsidize me ![]()
1. Bank ATM is a kiosk...
2. Self checkout at hardware store is a kiosk...
3. Self checkout at grocery store is a kiosk...
4. Boarding pass dispenser at airport is a kiosk...
5. When you buy gas at a gas pump you are using a kiosk...
6. Photo kiosks are common at drug stores...
7. When you rent a movie at a Red Box you are using a kiosk...
8. I have seen internet access kiosks in Vegas hotels...
9. Movie theaters use ticket kiosks...
10. Hertz and Alamo use kiosks in their car rental locations...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_kiosk
There are also visitor management and security kiosk... Building directory and way-finding kiosks exist... Hospital and medical clinic registration and check-in kiosks...
And last but not least is Fast Food kiosks...
I call RedBox a kiosk because I can browse all videos that are available in real time from home on my laptop and place the video on hold till I can drive to the RedBox and get the video.
1. Bank ATM is a kiosk...
2. Self checkout at hardware store is a kiosk...
3. Self checkout at grocery store is a kiosk...
4. Boarding pass dispenser at airport is a kiosk...
5. When you buy gas at a gas pump you are using a kiosk...
6. Photo kiosks are common at drug stores...
7. When you rent a movie at a Red Box you are using a kiosk...
8. I have seen internet access kiosks in Vegas hotels...
9. Movie theaters use ticket kiosks...
10. Hertz and Alamo use kiosks in their car rental locations...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_kiosk
There are also visitor management and security kiosk... Building directory and way-finding kiosks exist... Hospital and medical clinic registration and check-in kiosks...
And last but not least is Fast Food kiosks...
I call RedBox a kiosk because I can browse all videos that are available in real time from home on my laptop and place the video on hold till I can drive to the RedBox and get the video.
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
