• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Food & Fitness

    Wear headphones in the gym? Yay or nay?

    12 Next Last»
    searchwarrant
    vincent
    THEMUGG
    misfit_aka
    Moose6836
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5678
    Posts: 26
    12 Next Last»
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Mar. 16, 2011 - 7:28 PM ET #1

    No way in hell for me. Can't concentrate on the kinds of movements I do.. too.dangerous.

    Besides that I like to have a brief chat with somebody nearby in between sets sometimes. Guess I'm wierd, I like to talk a little and say hello.

    The women are hopeless here in California. They'll never take 'em off. "How are you today" is out of the question.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    No way in hell for me. Can't concentrate on the kinds of movements I do.. too.dangerous.

    Besides that I like to have a brief chat with somebody nearby in between sets sometimes. Guess I'm wierd, I like to talk a little and say hello.

    The women are hopeless here in California. They'll never take 'em off. "How are you today" is out of the question.

     
    vincent
    vincent
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2006
    Posts: 7146
    Posted: Mar. 17, 2011 - 12:24 AM ET #2

    I NEED MY IPOD
    Reply
    I NEED MY IPOD
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Mar. 18, 2011 - 9:36 AM ET #3

     The gym I go to has music playing..........no need to carry around anything.
    Reply
     The gym I go to has music playing..........no need to carry around anything.
     
    misfit_aka
    misfit_aka
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 3713
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 11:30 AM ET #4

    why would you talk at a gym?
    Reply
    why would you talk at a gym?
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2011 - 8:19 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by misfit_aka:

    why would you talk at a gym?

    A hello how are ya today? Maybe a joke or wise crack in between a set?

    Go to a gym sometime and get back to me.

     

    Mugg, same here.

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by misfit_aka:

    why would you talk at a gym?

    A hello how are ya today? Maybe a joke or wise crack in between a set?

    Go to a gym sometime and get back to me.

     

    Mugg, same here.

     

     

     
    misfit_aka
    misfit_aka
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 3713
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2011 - 10:06 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    A hello how are ya today? Maybe a joke or wise crack in between a set?

    Go to a gym sometime and get back to me.

     

    Mugg, same here.

     

     



    unless you got box, dont fukin talk to me.,.thats really gay ...what, do u carry on the "talk" in the locker room to?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    A hello how are ya today? Maybe a joke or wise crack in between a set?

    Go to a gym sometime and get back to me.

     

    Mugg, same here.

     

     



    unless you got box, dont fukin talk to me.,.thats really gay ...what, do u carry on the "talk" in the locker room to?
     
    Moose6836
    Moose6836
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 5704
    Posted: Mar. 24, 2011 - 8:18 AM ET #7

    Im not fan of talking at gym that will kill your workout...It reason why they call it a gym...Its not happy hour or social time nor is it coffe shop. It reason im thinking of quitting where I go and buy my own equipment and lift at home. Misfits right why would you talk at gym? For me its get in get done get out. I dont want to be there any longer then I have to. I dont go to socialize I go to workout. Besides Im not social butterfly anymore Ive gotscrewed over by being to friendly with people at gym. Gym/talking/socializing=drinking/driving they dont mix.
    Reply
    Im not fan of talking at gym that will kill your workout...It reason why they call it a gym...Its not happy hour or social time nor is it coffe shop. It reason im thinking of quitting where I go and buy my own equipment and lift at home. Misfits right why would you talk at gym? For me its get in get done get out. I dont want to be there any longer then I have to. I dont go to socialize I go to workout. Besides Im not social butterfly anymore Ive gotscrewed over by being to friendly with people at gym. Gym/talking/socializing=drinking/driving they dont mix.
     
    Moose6836
    Moose6836
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 5704
    Posted: Mar. 24, 2011 - 8:20 AM ET #8

    Also reason why people who wear headphone dont want to be bothered when they lift and Im one of them...Nothing worse then having great workout with music playing in ipod then some dumbass comes up and starts yacking your ear off. All gyms should place rule where talking is not allowed.

    Reply

    Also reason why people who wear headphone dont want to be bothered when they lift and Im one of them...Nothing worse then having great workout with music playing in ipod then some dumbass comes up and starts yacking your ear off. All gyms should place rule where talking is not allowed.

     
    Moose6836
    Moose6836
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 5704
    Posted: Mar. 24, 2011 - 8:21 AM ET #9

    Talking has no place in gym.
    Reply
    Talking has no place in gym.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Mar. 27, 2011 - 10:53 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose6836:

    Talking has no place in gym.

    Ya just don't get it do ya?

    Los angeles you tallk from a distance, you learn and you absorb information from the pros...especially the retired ones.

    Miinnesota? Please - come on out an learn the science with the big boys..

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose6836:

    Talking has no place in gym.

    Ya just don't get it do ya?

    Los angeles you tallk from a distance, you learn and you absorb information from the pros...especially the retired ones.

    Miinnesota? Please - come on out an learn the science with the big boys..

     

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Mar. 27, 2011 - 11:05 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by misfit_aka:



    unless you got box, dont fukin talk to me.,.thats really gay ...what, do u carry on the "talk" in the locker room to?

    If I politely asked you to move a your 45 pound straight curl bar off of the squat rack you would fuckin do it immediatly, and if you had head phones on I'd do it right in front of you while you were listening to rap gangster punk music on your Ipod.

    Sure as hell you'd say "sorry man."

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by misfit_aka:



    unless you got box, dont fukin talk to me.,.thats really gay ...what, do u carry on the "talk" in the locker room to?

    If I politely asked you to move a your 45 pound straight curl bar off of the squat rack you would fuckin do it immediatly, and if you had head phones on I'd do it right in front of you while you were listening to rap gangster punk music on your Ipod.

    Sure as hell you'd say "sorry man."

     
    Stiln
    Stiln
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 6431
    Posted: Mar. 28, 2011 - 11:04 PM ET #12



    I agree I cannot wear head phones either way too dangerous. You have to hear whats going on around you.
    Reply


    I agree I cannot wear head phones either way too dangerous. You have to hear whats going on around you.
     
    She7154
    She7154
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 389
    Posted: Mar. 29, 2011 - 8:06 PM ET #13

    I do a lot of cardio at the gym and i couldn't imagine running on a treadmill for a few miles just listening to my strides. Also, while doing cardio, talking isn't the best thing to do.

    As far as lifting and shit goes, I guess most people are pro ipod because they like to listen to a song that pumps them up. I think the best way to go is to have a good lifting buddy there to motivate you though..

    I feel you though on the women situation. It'd be nice if women made it a LITTLE bit easier to strike up conversation.
    Reply
    I do a lot of cardio at the gym and i couldn't imagine running on a treadmill for a few miles just listening to my strides. Also, while doing cardio, talking isn't the best thing to do.

    As far as lifting and shit goes, I guess most people are pro ipod because they like to listen to a song that pumps them up. I think the best way to go is to have a good lifting buddy there to motivate you though..

    I feel you though on the women situation. It'd be nice if women made it a LITTLE bit easier to strike up conversation.
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55687
    Posted: Mar. 29, 2011 - 8:52 PM ET #14

    Gotta wear headphones.

    A) I dont wanna hear the crap the gym is playing

    B) I dont wanna hear anyone elses conversations

    c) It doesnt motivate me, but I like to listen to music I like while working out

    Reply

    Gotta wear headphones.

    A) I dont wanna hear the crap the gym is playing

    B) I dont wanna hear anyone elses conversations

    c) It doesnt motivate me, but I like to listen to music I like while working out

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Mar. 31, 2011 - 12:09 AM ET #15

    I just walk on the treadmill, sometimes I push the 'incline' button up a little.

    I've been trying to lose over 50+ beer an burger fat pounds for a long time.  Everybody gets really excited about the headphones in ears. I like to talk and just walk as hard as I can.

    My goodness.

    Reply

    I just walk on the treadmill, sometimes I push the 'incline' button up a little.

    I've been trying to lose over 50+ beer an burger fat pounds for a long time.  Everybody gets really excited about the headphones in ears. I like to talk and just walk as hard as I can.

    My goodness.

     
    RickeM
    RickeM
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 7967
    Posted: Mar. 31, 2011 - 10:13 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by misfit_aka:

    why would you talk at a gym?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit_aka:

    why would you talk at a gym?
     
    umgmu
    umgmu
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 47739
    Posted: Mar. 31, 2011 - 11:56 PM ET #17

    I'm with you SW .. but I also have a bit of hearing loss and never put anything over my ears except a hat in winter..
    Reply
    I'm with you SW .. but I also have a bit of hearing loss and never put anything over my ears except a hat in winter..
     
    justinhk
    justinhk
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1724
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2011 - 10:08 PM ET #18

    I wear headphones because gives me that extra motivation on those final sets where as if dont have them in have to listen to a 70 year old bitch about how her purell dispenser broke while I'm trying to pump out my last rep
    Reply
    I wear headphones because gives me that extra motivation on those final sets where as if dont have them in have to listen to a 70 year old bitch about how her purell dispenser broke while I'm trying to pump out my last rep
     
    Moose6836
    Moose6836
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 5704
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2011 - 11:05 AM ET #19

    ONCE AND FOR ALL TALKING HAS NO PLACE IN GYM PERIOD!!!!!A SIMPLE GOOD MORNING OR HELLO CAN TURN INTO A 30 MINUTE OR HOUR CONVERSATION WHICH CAN RUIN YOUR WORKOUT....THERES A REASON FOR HEADPHONES/IPOD ITS TO NOT TALK TO ANYONE AND LISTEN TO WHATEVER YOU HAVE ON IPOD.....I HAVE TO START GETTING BETWEEN 2 AND 3 AM JUST TO DO 2 HOURS CARDIO AND THEN GO TO GYM BEFORE ALL SCUMBAG TALKERS ARE THERE. IT SUCKS BUT ITS WORTH IT IN END BESIDES BEING SOCIAL AT GYM WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU AND IN TURN MAKE YOU FAT BY GOING OUT TO BARS/CLUBS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. TRUST ME ON THIS I KNOW. IVE BEEN BURNED AND SCREWED MANY TIMES AND ITS REASON I QUIT MAKNG FRIENDS AT GYM.....THERES REASON WHY ITS CALLED A GYM..ITS NOT HAPPY HOUR OR PLACE TO TALK SPORTS OR NEWS OR GOSSIP ITS A GYM!!!!YOU WANT TO TALK OR BE SOCIAL GO TO BAR NOT TO GYM.
    Reply
    ONCE AND FOR ALL TALKING HAS NO PLACE IN GYM PERIOD!!!!!A SIMPLE GOOD MORNING OR HELLO CAN TURN INTO A 30 MINUTE OR HOUR CONVERSATION WHICH CAN RUIN YOUR WORKOUT....THERES A REASON FOR HEADPHONES/IPOD ITS TO NOT TALK TO ANYONE AND LISTEN TO WHATEVER YOU HAVE ON IPOD.....I HAVE TO START GETTING BETWEEN 2 AND 3 AM JUST TO DO 2 HOURS CARDIO AND THEN GO TO GYM BEFORE ALL SCUMBAG TALKERS ARE THERE. IT SUCKS BUT ITS WORTH IT IN END BESIDES BEING SOCIAL AT GYM WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU AND IN TURN MAKE YOU FAT BY GOING OUT TO BARS/CLUBS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. TRUST ME ON THIS I KNOW. IVE BEEN BURNED AND SCREWED MANY TIMES AND ITS REASON I QUIT MAKNG FRIENDS AT GYM.....THERES REASON WHY ITS CALLED A GYM..ITS NOT HAPPY HOUR OR PLACE TO TALK SPORTS OR NEWS OR GOSSIP ITS A GYM!!!!YOU WANT TO TALK OR BE SOCIAL GO TO BAR NOT TO GYM.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2011 - 12:23 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose6836:

    ONCE AND FOR ALL TALKING HAS NO PLACE IN GYM PERIOD!!!!!A SIMPLE GOOD MORNING OR HELLO CAN TURN INTO A 30 MINUTE OR HOUR CONVERSATION WHICH CAN RUIN YOUR WORKOUT....THERES A REASON FOR HEADPHONES/IPOD ITS TO NOT TALK TO ANYONE AND LISTEN TO WHATEVER YOU HAVE ON IPOD.....I HAVE TO START GETTING BETWEEN 2 AND 3 AM JUST TO DO 2 HOURS CARDIO AND THEN GO TO GYM BEFORE ALL SCUMBAG TALKERS ARE THERE. IT SUCKS BUT ITS WORTH IT IN END BESIDES BEING SOCIAL AT GYM WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU AND IN TURN MAKE YOU FAT BY GOING OUT TO BARS/CLUBS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. TRUST ME ON THIS I KNOW. IVE BEEN BURNED AND SCREWED MANY TIMES AND ITS REASON I QUIT MAKNG FRIENDS AT GYM.....THERES REASON WHY ITS CALLED A GYM..ITS NOT HAPPY HOUR OR PLACE TO TALK SPORTS OR NEWS OR GOSSIP ITS A GYM!!!!YOU WANT TO TALK OR BE SOCIAL GO TO BAR NOT TO GYM.

     Ok rook hero.

    1 minutes tops on conversation. Maybe you'll learn something - ya never know who's training next to you and what you might learn.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose6836:

    ONCE AND FOR ALL TALKING HAS NO PLACE IN GYM PERIOD!!!!!A SIMPLE GOOD MORNING OR HELLO CAN TURN INTO A 30 MINUTE OR HOUR CONVERSATION WHICH CAN RUIN YOUR WORKOUT....THERES A REASON FOR HEADPHONES/IPOD ITS TO NOT TALK TO ANYONE AND LISTEN TO WHATEVER YOU HAVE ON IPOD.....I HAVE TO START GETTING BETWEEN 2 AND 3 AM JUST TO DO 2 HOURS CARDIO AND THEN GO TO GYM BEFORE ALL SCUMBAG TALKERS ARE THERE. IT SUCKS BUT ITS WORTH IT IN END BESIDES BEING SOCIAL AT GYM WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU AND IN TURN MAKE YOU FAT BY GOING OUT TO BARS/CLUBS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. TRUST ME ON THIS I KNOW. IVE BEEN BURNED AND SCREWED MANY TIMES AND ITS REASON I QUIT MAKNG FRIENDS AT GYM.....THERES REASON WHY ITS CALLED A GYM..ITS NOT HAPPY HOUR OR PLACE TO TALK SPORTS OR NEWS OR GOSSIP ITS A GYM!!!!YOU WANT TO TALK OR BE SOCIAL GO TO BAR NOT TO GYM.

     Ok rook hero.

    1 minutes tops on conversation. Maybe you'll learn something - ya never know who's training next to you and what you might learn.

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Apr. 9, 2011 - 2:08 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose6836:

    ONCE AND FOR ALL TALKING HAS NO PLACE IN GYM PERIOD!!!!!A SIMPLE GOOD MORNING OR HELLO CAN TURN INTO A 30 MINUTE OR HOUR CONVERSATION WHICH CAN RUIN YOUR WORKOUT....THERES A REASON FOR HEADPHONES/IPOD ITS TO NOT TALK TO ANYONE AND LISTEN TO WHATEVER YOU HAVE ON IPOD.....I HAVE TO START GETTING BETWEEN 2 AND 3 AM JUST TO DO 2 HOURS CARDIO AND THEN GO TO GYM BEFORE ALL SCUMBAG TALKERS ARE THERE. IT SUCKS BUT ITS WORTH IT IN END BESIDES BEING SOCIAL AT GYM WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU AND IN TURN MAKE YOU FAT BY GOING OUT TO BARS/CLUBS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. TRUST ME ON THIS I KNOW. IVE BEEN BURNED AND SCREWED MANY TIMES AND ITS REASON I QUIT MAKNG FRIENDS AT GYM.....THERES REASON WHY ITS CALLED A GYM..ITS NOT HAPPY HOUR OR PLACE TO TALK SPORTS OR NEWS OR GOSSIP ITS A GYM!!!!YOU WANT TO TALK OR BE SOCIAL GO TO BAR NOT TO GYM.

     Obviously you have issues..........nothing wrong with saying hello, especially when you see the same people a lot,i.e. people with the same workout schedule.

     .....& rickey is right........I've gotten some great tips by taking a few mins. to ask questions. Most people are more than willing to share info if they can see you're serious about it.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose6836:

    ONCE AND FOR ALL TALKING HAS NO PLACE IN GYM PERIOD!!!!!A SIMPLE GOOD MORNING OR HELLO CAN TURN INTO A 30 MINUTE OR HOUR CONVERSATION WHICH CAN RUIN YOUR WORKOUT....THERES A REASON FOR HEADPHONES/IPOD ITS TO NOT TALK TO ANYONE AND LISTEN TO WHATEVER YOU HAVE ON IPOD.....I HAVE TO START GETTING BETWEEN 2 AND 3 AM JUST TO DO 2 HOURS CARDIO AND THEN GO TO GYM BEFORE ALL SCUMBAG TALKERS ARE THERE. IT SUCKS BUT ITS WORTH IT IN END BESIDES BEING SOCIAL AT GYM WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU AND IN TURN MAKE YOU FAT BY GOING OUT TO BARS/CLUBS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. TRUST ME ON THIS I KNOW. IVE BEEN BURNED AND SCREWED MANY TIMES AND ITS REASON I QUIT MAKNG FRIENDS AT GYM.....THERES REASON WHY ITS CALLED A GYM..ITS NOT HAPPY HOUR OR PLACE TO TALK SPORTS OR NEWS OR GOSSIP ITS A GYM!!!!YOU WANT TO TALK OR BE SOCIAL GO TO BAR NOT TO GYM.

     Obviously you have issues..........nothing wrong with saying hello, especially when you see the same people a lot,i.e. people with the same workout schedule.

     .....& rickey is right........I've gotten some great tips by taking a few mins. to ask questions. Most people are more than willing to share info if they can see you're serious about it.
     
    ogmike
    ogmike
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2002
    Posts: 2947
    Posted: Apr. 9, 2011 - 7:09 PM ET #22

    I don't like to have social hour at the gym either, but I definitely make chit chat with those around me, especially if we see each other all the time.  And never has it gotten to a point where I sit there for 30 min to an hour talking.  When I'm ready to stop talking, I cut it off and continue with my reps... most people usually get it and shut up at that point.  Then carry on when we're resting.  I can't imagine trying to lift with cords hanging from my fucking ears and dangling around.  It would annoy the crap out of me.  During cardio though, that's a different story.
    Reply
    I don't like to have social hour at the gym either, but I definitely make chit chat with those around me, especially if we see each other all the time.  And never has it gotten to a point where I sit there for 30 min to an hour talking.  When I'm ready to stop talking, I cut it off and continue with my reps... most people usually get it and shut up at that point.  Then carry on when we're resting.  I can't imagine trying to lift with cords hanging from my fucking ears and dangling around.  It would annoy the crap out of me.  During cardio though, that's a different story.
     
    marnypoly
    marnypoly
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 3939
    Posted: May. 7, 2011 - 4:37 AM ET #23

    I can't workout without my house music blasting on my headphones.

    One thing is for sure, don't listen to comedy stands up while working out. I know firsthand.
    Reply
    I can't workout without my house music blasting on my headphones.

    One thing is for sure, don't listen to comedy stands up while working out. I know firsthand.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: May. 7, 2011 - 8:10 PM ET #24

    Training at an intense level both on weights and cardio and there's no possible way you can concentrate pushing or pulling big weight with music blasting in your ear....no way.

    To each is own though respectfully. Some people like to get on those silly Eliptical wheels and talk on the phone, listen to music and read the newspaper.

     

    Reply

    Training at an intense level both on weights and cardio and there's no possible way you can concentrate pushing or pulling big weight with music blasting in your ear....no way.

    To each is own though respectfully. Some people like to get on those silly Eliptical wheels and talk on the phone, listen to music and read the newspaper.

     

     
     
    40Down
    40Down
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 748
    Posted: May. 8, 2011 - 10:02 AM ET #25

    I gotta bring the Ipod. Otherwise it's Spandau Ballet piped through the gym!
    Reply
    I gotta bring the Ipod. Otherwise it's Spandau Ballet piped through the gym!
    All Forums | Food & Fitness
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,310
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,117
    • PART DEUX 224
    • Friday 10/02/2026 863
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,115
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,689
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,410
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,154
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,590

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.