• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Food & Fitness

    Anyone take pain pills?

    12 Next Last»
    Fugettaboutit
    dave9981$
    gers
    Mikael99
    K4ngur13
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1748
    Posts: 40
    12 Next Last»
     
    Fugettaboutit
    Fugettaboutit
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 1941
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2009 - 10:46 AM ET #1

    Thanks to my 15 years playing hockey my back is destroyed.I take 6 norcos (10mg Vicodins) but they stopped working.I'm not sure if I want or if my MD will let me go on to something stronger.Antone have experiences with oxycodone?
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Thanks to my 15 years playing hockey my back is destroyed.I take 6 norcos (10mg Vicodins) but they stopped working.I'm not sure if I want or if my MD will let me go on to something stronger.Antone have experiences with oxycodone?
     
    Fugettaboutit
    Fugettaboutit
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 1941
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2009 - 10:51 AM ET #2

    6 norco's a day
    Reply
    6 norco's a day
     
    dave9981$
    dave9981$
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2004
    Posts: 4439
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2009 - 11:23 AM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Fugettaboutit:

    Thanks to my 15 years playing hockey my back is destroyed.I take 6 norcos (10mg Vicodins) but they stopped working.I'm not sure if I want or if my MD will let me go on to something stronger.Antone have experiences with oxycodone?


    My experience says stay away. Go to a good chiro, take up yoga or something but don't mess with that shit.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugettaboutit:

    Thanks to my 15 years playing hockey my back is destroyed.I take 6 norcos (10mg Vicodins) but they stopped working.I'm not sure if I want or if my MD will let me go on to something stronger.Antone have experiences with oxycodone?


    My experience says stay away. Go to a good chiro, take up yoga or something but don't mess with that shit.
     
    gers
    gers
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 8807
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2009 - 9:53 PM ET #4

    stay away from celebrix work heavy labour got prescibed them once and had kidney problems for 8 months and was only 30 then
    Reply
    stay away from celebrix work heavy labour got prescibed them once and had kidney problems for 8 months and was only 30 then
     
    Mikael99
    Mikael99
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2004
    Posts: 28383
    Posted: Sep. 21, 2009 - 5:29 PM ET #5

    I agree with the other guys here. The fact that your pills are not doing the job anymore is a "danger" sign that you should react on.

    Not by shifting to a stronger drug, because that might stop working also and then what. And ultimately there is loads of stress on your body when you keep loading it up with medicine.

    I would try to look for alternative approaches, and if that doesn't work then talk to your doctor again.

    You could try and read some of Dr Weils writings on back pain. I trust this guy a whole lot.

    link
    Reply
    I agree with the other guys here. The fact that your pills are not doing the job anymore is a "danger" sign that you should react on.

    Not by shifting to a stronger drug, because that might stop working also and then what. And ultimately there is loads of stress on your body when you keep loading it up with medicine.

    I would try to look for alternative approaches, and if that doesn't work then talk to your doctor again.

    You could try and read some of Dr Weils writings on back pain. I trust this guy a whole lot.

    link
     
    gers
    gers
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 8807
    Posted: Sep. 25, 2009 - 1:42 AM ET #6

    a little weed will help
    Reply
    a little weed will help
     
    Fugettaboutit
    Fugettaboutit
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 1941
    Posted: Sep. 25, 2009 - 7:23 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by gers:

    a little weed will help

    It actually makes my back hurt worse.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gers:

    a little weed will help

    It actually makes my back hurt worse.

     
    K4ngur13
    K4ngur13
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 26212
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2009 - 1:57 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Fugettaboutit:

    Thanks to my 15 years playing hockey my back is destroyed.I take 6 norcos (10mg Vicodins) but they stopped working.I'm not sure if I want or if my MD will let me go on to something stronger.Antone have experiences with oxycodone?


    oxycodone...some good shit...
    it depends how old you are...cuz eventually they will start working as well...be careful
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugettaboutit:

    Thanks to my 15 years playing hockey my back is destroyed.I take 6 norcos (10mg Vicodins) but they stopped working.I'm not sure if I want or if my MD will let me go on to something stronger.Antone have experiences with oxycodone?


    oxycodone...some good shit...
    it depends how old you are...cuz eventually they will start working as well...be careful
     
    Spitfire15
    Spitfire15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 13407
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2009 - 11:03 AM ET #9

    Yeah weed is bad for back and neck pain, I hate it.

    Oxycodone

    Since you're a pot head be careful, these things are VERY addicting.  But man... get yourself one of these guys .  You will be so h---I MEAN pain free.
    Reply
    Yeah weed is bad for back and neck pain, I hate it.

    Oxycodone

    Since you're a pot head be careful, these things are VERY addicting.  But man... get yourself one of these guys .  You will be so h---I MEAN pain free.
     
    SugarDkDaddy
    SugarDkDaddy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 554
    Posted: Oct. 25, 2009 - 7:42 PM ET #10

    Don't start with the chiro's. You'll regret it in the future. Go see a pain specialist. They might be able to give you a cortisone shot and relieve the pain for a while. I hear it all the time from my friend, who is in pain mgmt. and from friends who have seen him. GL and hope the pain gets better.
    Reply
    Don't start with the chiro's. You'll regret it in the future. Go see a pain specialist. They might be able to give you a cortisone shot and relieve the pain for a while. I hear it all the time from my friend, who is in pain mgmt. and from friends who have seen him. GL and hope the pain gets better.
     
    catmur9
    catmur9
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 670
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2009 - 7:02 PM ET #11

    10 years ago I had a series of cortisone nerve blocks, 3 I think, through a pain management clinic and pain free to this day. At the time they said a 60% success rate. Before that I had tried EVERYTHING.
    Reply
    10 years ago I had a series of cortisone nerve blocks, 3 I think, through a pain management clinic and pain free to this day. At the time they said a 60% success rate. Before that I had tried EVERYTHING.
     
    rubberband-man
    rubberband-man
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 340
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2009 - 5:39 PM ET #12

    yeah very addicting but they work. at first they will prob knock you out though if you get some strong enough to kill the pain
    Reply
    yeah very addicting but they work. at first they will prob knock you out though if you get some strong enough to kill the pain
     
    OnlyGod
    OnlyGod
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 5868
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2009 - 3:57 PM ET #13

    Fug try and get some Naproxen 375 or more it is like a real big powerful ibuprofen takes down any inflammation and no side effects.

    I was a goalie for 20 years and I know what you mean when you say your back is fucked. Also try some different stretches if you are not already it can really loosen things up and get the blood flowing.
    Reply
    Fug try and get some Naproxen 375 or more it is like a real big powerful ibuprofen takes down any inflammation and no side effects.

    I was a goalie for 20 years and I know what you mean when you say your back is fucked. Also try some different stretches if you are not already it can really loosen things up and get the blood flowing.
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2009 - 10:19 PM ET #14

    Ibuprofen aleves, etc...... are worse on your liver and kidneys than any opiate narcotic pain medicine.

    My pain mgt Doc said that you can take the proper amount of narcotics, which he says are very misunderstood by mainstream, feared by the docs that are afraid to give you what you really need.

    Pain management is just that. Working with a doctor, ideally a good one0 to manage your pain levels to a point that you are able to function at as close to a normal level as possible.

    He said most docs are afraid to give you what works, and irresponsible ones hand them out like m&ms without any regard as to what is ailing you. The good ones are like the guy that I have that tweaks things and communicates with other docs, so that there is no doc shopping or possible negative reaction to mixing the wrong drugs...

    You can (according to him) take a managed amount of narcotics for life if need be, because sometimes that's how long the pain will last, and narcotic opiate pain medicine won't harm livers or kidneys.

    Aleves and those big ibuprofens will eat a hole in your stomach and wreck havoc on your kidneys and liver.....


    Oxycodones and vicodins are almost equal in my opinion......Oxys are a little stronger.....That's not all I take, but just thought I'd share what I know......

    GL
    Reply
    Ibuprofen aleves, etc...... are worse on your liver and kidneys than any opiate narcotic pain medicine.

    My pain mgt Doc said that you can take the proper amount of narcotics, which he says are very misunderstood by mainstream, feared by the docs that are afraid to give you what you really need.

    Pain management is just that. Working with a doctor, ideally a good one0 to manage your pain levels to a point that you are able to function at as close to a normal level as possible.

    He said most docs are afraid to give you what works, and irresponsible ones hand them out like m&ms without any regard as to what is ailing you. The good ones are like the guy that I have that tweaks things and communicates with other docs, so that there is no doc shopping or possible negative reaction to mixing the wrong drugs...

    You can (according to him) take a managed amount of narcotics for life if need be, because sometimes that's how long the pain will last, and narcotic opiate pain medicine won't harm livers or kidneys.

    Aleves and those big ibuprofens will eat a hole in your stomach and wreck havoc on your kidneys and liver.....


    Oxycodones and vicodins are almost equal in my opinion......Oxys are a little stronger.....That's not all I take, but just thought I'd share what I know......

    GL
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2009 - 1:31 AM ET #15

    Even sissy  docs will give you anti inflammatory.

    If you can't get good pain meds or are against them, anti inflammatories can be quite helpful for back issues.

    Wish I could recall the name of one that really worked for me. Just ask your GP.

    GL 
    Reply
    Even sissy  docs will give you anti inflammatory.

    If you can't get good pain meds or are against them, anti inflammatories can be quite helpful for back issues.

    Wish I could recall the name of one that really worked for me. Just ask your GP.

    GL 
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2009 - 2:08 AM ET #16

    I hate pain pills. I have had heart surgeries and honestly I endured the pain after wards rather than take those things. If I had to take a pill Id take a half. I think after my ICD thing was put in they gave me vicodin and I took a 1/2 and I hated how i felt on it and I said f*ck this Ill deal with the pain a bit.

    I could see how they could work if you are in pain but I just didnt like feeling that spaced out
    Reply
    I hate pain pills. I have had heart surgeries and honestly I endured the pain after wards rather than take those things. If I had to take a pill Id take a half. I think after my ICD thing was put in they gave me vicodin and I took a 1/2 and I hated how i felt on it and I said f*ck this Ill deal with the pain a bit.

    I could see how they could work if you are in pain but I just didnt like feeling that spaced out
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2009 - 4:06 AM ET #17

    NJ, did they have to cut through your rib cage?

    Shit man! Are you OK?
    Reply
    NJ, did they have to cut through your rib cage?

    Shit man! Are you OK?
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2009 - 4:24 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Fugettaboutit:

    Thanks to my 15 years playing hockey my back is destroyed




    I played at least that long Center All City and sometraveling accolades I don't care about. Don't care about any of it.

    I don't believe anything you said. I played Center and was captain of every team I played on until college. I was outclassed then, but easily better than you. Then I rode pine.

    Don't lie until you have it straight.

    You are either trolling for pills or looking for attention.

    Next step is me asking you a bunch of questions, your lies trip over themselves, and you are found out as a liar.

    Anyone that even played in high school, assuming you played 15 years (which you didn't) would not about such a generic painkiller. Start another thread and ask what vicodin is......


    I know you didn't start playing at 5If you didn't play i college, the smaller teams similar to our single A Baseball here in the states, you still know about oxycodones, didn't play in college, and don't know what oxycodones are?


    You played for 15 years.....and that would mean since you didn't play college, you would have played the equivalent of our single A Baseball. On the busses and in the locker rooms, they are prevalent to say the least, and certainly not hard to find. Why not ask a "Hockey buddy". 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugettaboutit:

    Thanks to my 15 years playing hockey my back is destroyed




    I played at least that long Center All City and sometraveling accolades I don't care about. Don't care about any of it.

    I don't believe anything you said. I played Center and was captain of every team I played on until college. I was outclassed then, but easily better than you. Then I rode pine.

    Don't lie until you have it straight.

    You are either trolling for pills or looking for attention.

    Next step is me asking you a bunch of questions, your lies trip over themselves, and you are found out as a liar.

    Anyone that even played in high school, assuming you played 15 years (which you didn't) would not about such a generic painkiller. Start another thread and ask what vicodin is......


    I know you didn't start playing at 5If you didn't play i college, the smaller teams similar to our single A Baseball here in the states, you still know about oxycodones, didn't play in college, and don't know what oxycodones are?


    You played for 15 years.....and that would mean since you didn't play college, you would have played the equivalent of our single A Baseball. On the busses and in the locker rooms, they are prevalent to say the least, and certainly not hard to find. Why not ask a "Hockey buddy". 


     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2009 - 4:25 AM ET #19

    And the guy has a "gangster" saying as his banned avatar,

    What an idiot.
    Reply
    And the guy has a "gangster" saying as his banned avatar,

    What an idiot.
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8161
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2009 - 3:16 PM ET #20

    Never taken Oxycodone but I hear that it is similar to crack, use it once and you are hooked. So becareful with that....I would reccomend Hydrocodone...3 at a time should do the trick, assuming your back is hurting pretty bad. But that stuff is addictive as well...so what ever you do, becareful. 

    Reply

    Never taken Oxycodone but I hear that it is similar to crack, use it once and you are hooked. So becareful with that....I would reccomend Hydrocodone...3 at a time should do the trick, assuming your back is hurting pretty bad. But that stuff is addictive as well...so what ever you do, becareful. 

     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2009 - 9:56 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    NJ, did they have to cut through your rib cage?

    Shit man! Are you OK?


    yeah im better than new now, thanks

    yeah back in 97 they did but even then I hated taking those pain pills.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    NJ, did they have to cut through your rib cage?

    Shit man! Are you OK?


    yeah im better than new now, thanks

    yeah back in 97 they did but even then I hated taking those pain pills.
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2009 - 2:52 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by catmur9:

    10 years ago I had a series of cortisone nerve blocks, 3 I think, through a pain management clinic and pain free to this day. At the time they said a 60% success rate. Before that I had tried EVERYTHING.



    NJ , I heard a mixed bag of opinions from docs about those cortisone shots. I think I might like to try a few before they start digging and cutting into my back again. Why not give it a whirl, eh?

    I'm not afraid like I would have been a year ago to get discs fused, but might as well try this. In your opinion, correct?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by catmur9:

    10 years ago I had a series of cortisone nerve blocks, 3 I think, through a pain management clinic and pain free to this day. At the time they said a 60% success rate. Before that I had tried EVERYTHING.



    NJ , I heard a mixed bag of opinions from docs about those cortisone shots. I think I might like to try a few before they start digging and cutting into my back again. Why not give it a whirl, eh?

    I'm not afraid like I would have been a year ago to get discs fused, but might as well try this. In your opinion, correct?
     
    KinKAID
    KinKAID
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 3382
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2010 - 11:52 AM ET #23

    I'm pretty damn sure I have a dumb question but I'm a rookie in the pill world so it can't hurt to ask. Is Oxycodon the same as Oxycontin and if not then what is the difference? I've tried some Hydrocodon but they don't seem to do much unless they're 10's or unless it's 3 or 4 5's or 7.5's

    Whoever said aspirin/tylenol/etc will fuck up your shit is right. I get headaches pretty regularly and when I'm out of the green goodness I head straight for the giant bottle of aceteminaphen live/kidney poison. This shit is bad and can cause for some rough mornings. Not to mention most aspirin products usually have 500mg of it, once you start poppin em 2, 3 at a time it'll really catch up. 

    So what is you guys most recommended med for pain? 

    Reply

    I'm pretty damn sure I have a dumb question but I'm a rookie in the pill world so it can't hurt to ask. Is Oxycodon the same as Oxycontin and if not then what is the difference? I've tried some Hydrocodon but they don't seem to do much unless they're 10's or unless it's 3 or 4 5's or 7.5's

    Whoever said aspirin/tylenol/etc will fuck up your shit is right. I get headaches pretty regularly and when I'm out of the green goodness I head straight for the giant bottle of aceteminaphen live/kidney poison. This shit is bad and can cause for some rough mornings. Not to mention most aspirin products usually have 500mg of it, once you start poppin em 2, 3 at a time it'll really catch up. 

    So what is you guys most recommended med for pain? 

     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2010 - 6:58 PM ET #24

    Percocets helped headaches better than anything I get prescribed.

    There's a big difference between oxycodone and oxycontins. Strength of pain killer in itself being the mail thing. I can't explain it technically, but google it if you are inclined to learn more.

    KinKaid, what is your main ailment or what is causing you the most discomfort?
    Reply
    Percocets helped headaches better than anything I get prescribed.

    There's a big difference between oxycodone and oxycontins. Strength of pain killer in itself being the mail thing. I can't explain it technically, but google it if you are inclined to learn more.

    KinKaid, what is your main ailment or what is causing you the most discomfort?
     
     
    crushalot22
    crushalot22
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 2735
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2010 - 6:45 AM ET #25

    It is not recommended to mix any amounts of hydrocodone and alcohol, as doing so could cause health problems. This is especially dangerous because all commercially available prescriptions in the United States containing hydrocodone are compounded with another medicine. The most common medication compounded with hydrocodone is APAP (acetaminophen), which is metabolized solely by the liver. Therefore the risk of fatal overdose due to hepatotoxicity can occur with significantly lower levels of APAP when mixed with ethanol. Also the mixture can potentially cause serious damage to the liver, kidneys, and stomach wall. Acetaminophen may increase the potential for coma, respiratory problems, and can damage the CNS.[7]

     

    Reply

    It is not recommended to mix any amounts of hydrocodone and alcohol, as doing so could cause health problems. This is especially dangerous because all commercially available prescriptions in the United States containing hydrocodone are compounded with another medicine. The most common medication compounded with hydrocodone is APAP (acetaminophen), which is metabolized solely by the liver. Therefore the risk of fatal overdose due to hepatotoxicity can occur with significantly lower levels of APAP when mixed with ethanol. Also the mixture can potentially cause serious damage to the liver, kidneys, and stomach wall. Acetaminophen may increase the potential for coma, respiratory problems, and can damage the CNS.[7]

     

    All Forums | Food & Fitness
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,670
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,238
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,035
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,389
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,410
    • MLB Playoffs 5,225
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 690
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,249
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,289
    • Play Thur thru Sat 5,008

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.