Hey guys, can you give me some advice on how to determine how much I should spend on certain players? Our auction draft is this Thursday night. We have 16 teams! I know, that's quite a bit. We had 14 last year, and I thought that was a lot imo. We each get 15 roster spots, and have a 200 auction budget.
So, a total of 240 players will be drafted. I'm trying to figure out the best strategy going into this. Our point system is pretty unique as well. We start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a flex RB/WR. We get 2 pts per reception but also get 1 pt per carry. QBs get +1 for a completion and -1 for an incompletion. All TDs are 6 points, and we get rewarded on every 10 yards rushing, 10 yards receiving, 25 yards passing, etc.
Looks like I won't focus too much on QB unless I can steal someone for cheap. Because of the points per carry, I think RB will be the primary focus of this draft, with an emphasis on a RB who catches a lot of balls out of the backfield. Guys like Chris Johnson, MJD, and Steven Jackson are all number 1 guys with over 300 carries and 50 receptions last year. However, Steven Jackson had a hard time finding the end zone last year.
What's the absolute most I should spend on a top tier guy with the type of league that I'm in? Don't want to go broke too early, but with 16 teams, I don't want to not bid enough and be left with all scrubs at the end. Can you guys give me some tips here? Thanks in advance!
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Hey guys, can you give me some advice on how to determine how much I should spend on certain players? Our auction draft is this Thursday night. We have 16 teams! I know, that's quite a bit. We had 14 last year, and I thought that was a lot imo. We each get 15 roster spots, and have a 200 auction budget.
So, a total of 240 players will be drafted. I'm trying to figure out the best strategy going into this. Our point system is pretty unique as well. We start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a flex RB/WR. We get 2 pts per reception but also get 1 pt per carry. QBs get +1 for a completion and -1 for an incompletion. All TDs are 6 points, and we get rewarded on every 10 yards rushing, 10 yards receiving, 25 yards passing, etc.
Looks like I won't focus too much on QB unless I can steal someone for cheap. Because of the points per carry, I think RB will be the primary focus of this draft, with an emphasis on a RB who catches a lot of balls out of the backfield. Guys like Chris Johnson, MJD, and Steven Jackson are all number 1 guys with over 300 carries and 50 receptions last year. However, Steven Jackson had a hard time finding the end zone last year.
What's the absolute most I should spend on a top tier guy with the type of league that I'm in? Don't want to go broke too early, but with 16 teams, I don't want to not bid enough and be left with all scrubs at the end. Can you guys give me some tips here? Thanks in advance!
i would just look at a basic set of rankings with projected stats, then start adding points for carries, receptions and comp %. get a basic top 200 based on your scoring, then start giving values similar to any other 16 team auction values. so the #1 guy should be about $60 and your #20 guy should be closer to $35. youll be more prepared than anybody else if you do this much...
this is completely up to your strategy, but i would wait everybody out..just try to get 7-8 top 40 guys instead of getting superstars.. the guys that get chris johnson are gonna be starting guys that you wouldnt pick up off free agency... good luck.
i would just look at a basic set of rankings with projected stats, then start adding points for carries, receptions and comp %. get a basic top 200 based on your scoring, then start giving values similar to any other 16 team auction values. so the #1 guy should be about $60 and your #20 guy should be closer to $35. youll be more prepared than anybody else if you do this much...
this is completely up to your strategy, but i would wait everybody out..just try to get 7-8 top 40 guys instead of getting superstars.. the guys that get chris johnson are gonna be starting guys that you wouldnt pick up off free agency... good luck.
oh i didnt read it all. i wouldnt spend more than $40 on anybody... of course if an elite player is gonna go at a huge discount you have to adjust your strategy on the fly.
bench rb- $20, wr- try to get a few upside guys for about $20 total.
ive never been in a league like this, but thats kinda what id be thinking... good luck.
oh i didnt read it all. i wouldnt spend more than $40 on anybody... of course if an elite player is gonna go at a huge discount you have to adjust your strategy on the fly.