• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Why on earth is Bama -6 against LSU?

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    blowoutgm
    wespalmore0415
    jwheels86
    Raidernator76
    tholle2
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4443
    Posts: 83
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    blowoutgm
    blowoutgm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 6209
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 12:38 AM ET #26

    Anzex-

    You are a tool-

    Jwheels-

     you are right on the money-my thoughts exactly- I am an LSU homer but will gladly take Bama -6 I just hope it is this low next week when i can bet the game with my local

    Reply

    Anzex-

    You are a tool-

    Jwheels-

     you are right on the money-my thoughts exactly- I am an LSU homer but will gladly take Bama -6 I just hope it is this low next week when i can bet the game with my local

     
    wespalmore0415
    wespalmore0415
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 89
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 12:39 AM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:



    Because they both play the same style of ball, except Bama is much better and physical at it this year. LSU is two one dimensional and won't run the ball too well against Bama and Lee will literally do nothing. Bama will be able to run the ball better and has more balance in the passing game. It is like when the Big 10 teams pound teams that don't match up with them all year, they can be one dimensional on offense and play off their defense. Until they meet a team that is as big and more physical than them, they are forced to open up the playbook to win and they have a rough time doing it. Bama is just better than LSU from what I have seen so far.


    I'm with you on everything except the one dimensional aspect.  I would take Jarrett Lee and his set of receivers over McCarron and his set of receivers all day.  Both teams passing statistics would agree.  Their strengths are different. Bama has NFL linebackers and average D-line and secondary. LSU has NFL D-line and secondary and average linebackers. A slight edge might be given to Bama's offense with their solid O-line and NFL running backs. But LSU has much better receiving core and better passing attack if they need to use it.

    Anyways, I still have Alabama, but no way they win by more than 13-14. Saban is smart enough to not put the game in McCarron's hands with a highpowered offensive attack.  He'll play great defense(turnovers, field position), turn it into a lead, and rely on TR to run the clock and wear down LSU.  His version of "style points" is physically dominating the other team, not scoring a ton of points. I'd be shocked is it's double digits even.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:



    Because they both play the same style of ball, except Bama is much better and physical at it this year. LSU is two one dimensional and won't run the ball too well against Bama and Lee will literally do nothing. Bama will be able to run the ball better and has more balance in the passing game. It is like when the Big 10 teams pound teams that don't match up with them all year, they can be one dimensional on offense and play off their defense. Until they meet a team that is as big and more physical than them, they are forced to open up the playbook to win and they have a rough time doing it. Bama is just better than LSU from what I have seen so far.


    I'm with you on everything except the one dimensional aspect.  I would take Jarrett Lee and his set of receivers over McCarron and his set of receivers all day.  Both teams passing statistics would agree.  Their strengths are different. Bama has NFL linebackers and average D-line and secondary. LSU has NFL D-line and secondary and average linebackers. A slight edge might be given to Bama's offense with their solid O-line and NFL running backs. But LSU has much better receiving core and better passing attack if they need to use it.

    Anyways, I still have Alabama, but no way they win by more than 13-14. Saban is smart enough to not put the game in McCarron's hands with a highpowered offensive attack.  He'll play great defense(turnovers, field position), turn it into a lead, and rely on TR to run the clock and wear down LSU.  His version of "style points" is physically dominating the other team, not scoring a ton of points. I'd be shocked is it's double digits even.
     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 12:42 AM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by wespalmore0415:



    I'm with you on everything except the one dimensional aspect.  I would take Jarrett Lee and his set of receivers over McCarron and his set of receivers all day.  Both teams passing statistics would agree.  Their strengths are different. Bama has NFL linebackers and average D-line and secondary. LSU has NFL D-line and secondary and average linebackers. A slight edge might be given to Bama's offense with their solid O-line and NFL running backs. But LSU has much better receiving core and better passing attack if they need to use it.

    Anyways, I still have Alabama, but no way they win by more than 13-14. Saban is smart enough to not put the game in McCarron's hands with a highpowered offensive attack.  He'll play great defense(turnovers, field position), turn it into a lead, and rely on TR to run the clock and wear down LSU.  His version of "style points" is physically dominating the other team, not scoring a ton of points. I'd be shocked is it's double digits even.


    Im saying one dimensional mainly because LSU will be forced to win the game throwing because they are not running on that defense. It is indeed safe to say LSU's passing game is more dynamic than Bama's, but hell it doesn't take much to do so, Bama basically runs 3 of the same plays in the passing game in passing situations in Mcelwains offense. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wespalmore0415:



    I'm with you on everything except the one dimensional aspect.  I would take Jarrett Lee and his set of receivers over McCarron and his set of receivers all day.  Both teams passing statistics would agree.  Their strengths are different. Bama has NFL linebackers and average D-line and secondary. LSU has NFL D-line and secondary and average linebackers. A slight edge might be given to Bama's offense with their solid O-line and NFL running backs. But LSU has much better receiving core and better passing attack if they need to use it.

    Anyways, I still have Alabama, but no way they win by more than 13-14. Saban is smart enough to not put the game in McCarron's hands with a highpowered offensive attack.  He'll play great defense(turnovers, field position), turn it into a lead, and rely on TR to run the clock and wear down LSU.  His version of "style points" is physically dominating the other team, not scoring a ton of points. I'd be shocked is it's double digits even.


    Im saying one dimensional mainly because LSU will be forced to win the game throwing because they are not running on that defense. It is indeed safe to say LSU's passing game is more dynamic than Bama's, but hell it doesn't take much to do so, Bama basically runs 3 of the same plays in the passing game in passing situations in Mcelwains offense. 
     
    Raidernator76
    Raidernator76
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 22865
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 12:45 AM ET #29

    they already have a line for this game?
    Reply
    they already have a line for this game?
     
    blowoutgm
    blowoutgm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 6209
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 12:52 AM ET #30

    Anyone who follows LSU knows what happens to Jarrett Lee when he gets under pressure. Interceptions by the bunches. Playing against that Bama defense on the road will be LSU's downfall. LSU will be forced to pass the ball and it won't work.
    Reply
    Anyone who follows LSU knows what happens to Jarrett Lee when he gets under pressure. Interceptions by the bunches. Playing against that Bama defense on the road will be LSU's downfall. LSU will be forced to pass the ball and it won't work.
     
    blowoutgm
    blowoutgm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 6209
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 12:52 AM ET #31

    Raidernation- several of the offshore books have it up

     

    Reply

    Raidernation- several of the offshore books have it up

     

     
    tholle2
    tholle2
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 47
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 6:15 AM ET #32

    blowoutgm, seriously man...i f i hear you say you are an LSU homer but you are hammering alabama on one more thread...lol dude thats like the 15th time I have seen you post that. And the whole Jarrett Lee under pressure thing? how many int's has he thrown this year? that would be one... and he has picked apart some pretty mediocre defenses that is true, but thats what sets the stage for awesome games unfortunately. You have to play your conference games and then (in LSU's case) play the best remaining teams in OOC games. He is not Lee of 2008 he is a polished QB who wins the most improved player award in my eyes over his career. He also came up about 9 passes short of breaking the school record (ironically) for most completions without an interception, until he had a ball deflected into a Moo State's defenders hands.

    I have seen both of these teams play all year and this is my first post, but boy are yall going to be shocked on Nov. 5. This team is the real deal. Whoever said the comment about getting beat by 14 or 16 or whatever...LSU hasn't lost by more than ten (13-3 vs Florida in 09) since Lee thought 6 sixes meant things back in 2008. remember that this team along with Alabama are likely top 5 college football teams of the BCS era and probably longer than that. I think its a clash of the Titans and I have never been so sure about it. LSU wins 27-21. And If im wrong Ill be sure to eat my words here, but cover to cover I cant really find much wrong in Lee, in the Defense (minus at the LB position maybe), and in the coaching staff. If you ask 1000 LSU fans on who they want their HBC to be, about 850 would confidently say Les, but most importantly if you asked the team, 100% would say Les. He's got this team focused with their eyes on the prize. He's a players coach and thats just the bottom line. Last year LSU took the victory in Death Valley and I think LSU got better and Alabama is still just as good as they were last year but thats all.


    LSU 27-17.
    See ya in New Orleans. And Rammer Jammers, yall enjoy NOLA a week early 

    Im not even going to start on the Boise St comments. I want a hit of whatever that guy has.

    Reply
    blowoutgm, seriously man...i f i hear you say you are an LSU homer but you are hammering alabama on one more thread...lol dude thats like the 15th time I have seen you post that. And the whole Jarrett Lee under pressure thing? how many int's has he thrown this year? that would be one... and he has picked apart some pretty mediocre defenses that is true, but thats what sets the stage for awesome games unfortunately. You have to play your conference games and then (in LSU's case) play the best remaining teams in OOC games. He is not Lee of 2008 he is a polished QB who wins the most improved player award in my eyes over his career. He also came up about 9 passes short of breaking the school record (ironically) for most completions without an interception, until he had a ball deflected into a Moo State's defenders hands.

    I have seen both of these teams play all year and this is my first post, but boy are yall going to be shocked on Nov. 5. This team is the real deal. Whoever said the comment about getting beat by 14 or 16 or whatever...LSU hasn't lost by more than ten (13-3 vs Florida in 09) since Lee thought 6 sixes meant things back in 2008. remember that this team along with Alabama are likely top 5 college football teams of the BCS era and probably longer than that. I think its a clash of the Titans and I have never been so sure about it. LSU wins 27-21. And If im wrong Ill be sure to eat my words here, but cover to cover I cant really find much wrong in Lee, in the Defense (minus at the LB position maybe), and in the coaching staff. If you ask 1000 LSU fans on who they want their HBC to be, about 850 would confidently say Les, but most importantly if you asked the team, 100% would say Les. He's got this team focused with their eyes on the prize. He's a players coach and thats just the bottom line. Last year LSU took the victory in Death Valley and I think LSU got better and Alabama is still just as good as they were last year but thats all.


    LSU 27-17.
    See ya in New Orleans. And Rammer Jammers, yall enjoy NOLA a week early 

    Im not even going to start on the Boise St comments. I want a hit of whatever that guy has.

     
    tholle2
    tholle2
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 47
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 6:20 AM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by Malamadre:

    btw boise would whack LSU BADLY even in baton rouge....go look at who they have beaten and realize how overrated they are


    Woooooow, you are talking about boise right? lol. who have they played? Little sister of the poor....110-0 (good game man) way to pad your already brutal MWC schedule. BCS eats that up
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamadre:

    btw boise would whack LSU BADLY even in baton rouge....go look at who they have beaten and realize how overrated they are


    Woooooow, you are talking about boise right? lol. who have they played? Little sister of the poor....110-0 (good game man) way to pad your already brutal MWC schedule. BCS eats that up
     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 6:36 AM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by tholle2:

    blowoutgm, seriously man...i f i hear you say you are an LSU homer but you are hammering alabama on one more thread...lol dude thats like the 15th time I have seen you post that. And the whole Jarrett Lee under pressure thing? how many int's has he thrown this year? that would be one... and he has picked apart some pretty mediocre defenses that is true, but thats what sets the stage for awesome games unfortunately. You have to play your conference games and then (in LSU's case) play the best remaining teams in OOC games. He is not Lee of 2008 he is a polished QB who wins the most improved player award in my eyes over his career. He also came up about 9 passes short of breaking the school record (ironically) for most completions without an interception, until he had a ball deflected into a Moo State's defenders hands.

    I have seen both of these teams play all year and this is my first post, but boy are yall going to be shocked on Nov. 5. This team is the real deal. Whoever said the comment about getting beat by 14 or 16 or whatever...LSU hasn't lost by more than ten (13-3 vs Florida in 09) since Lee thought 6 sixes meant things back in 2008. remember that this team along with Alabama are likely top 5 college football teams of the BCS era and probably longer than that. I think its a clash of the Titans and I have never been so sure about it. LSU wins 27-21. And If im wrong Ill be sure to eat my words here, but cover to cover I cant really find much wrong in Lee, in the Defense (minus at the LB position maybe), and in the coaching staff. If you ask 1000 LSU fans on who they want their HBC to be, about 850 would confidently say Les, but most importantly if you asked the team, 100% would say Les. He's got this team focused with their eyes on the prize. He's a players coach and thats just the bottom line. Last year LSU took the victory in Death Valley and I think LSU got better and Alabama is still just as good as they were last year but thats all.


    LSU 27-17.
    See ya in New Orleans. And Rammer Jammers, yall enjoy NOLA a week early 

    Im not even going to start on the Boise St comments. I want a hit of whatever that guy has.



    I can agree with some of this but LSU seems to be just enough outmatched in this game on the road, course I have seen LSU teams pull out games on the road and they seem sometimes to be better that way. Should be a good college game to watch but I honestly see a close game for 3 quarters then Bama tacking on the kill TD at the end and covering.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tholle2:

    blowoutgm, seriously man...i f i hear you say you are an LSU homer but you are hammering alabama on one more thread...lol dude thats like the 15th time I have seen you post that. And the whole Jarrett Lee under pressure thing? how many int's has he thrown this year? that would be one... and he has picked apart some pretty mediocre defenses that is true, but thats what sets the stage for awesome games unfortunately. You have to play your conference games and then (in LSU's case) play the best remaining teams in OOC games. He is not Lee of 2008 he is a polished QB who wins the most improved player award in my eyes over his career. He also came up about 9 passes short of breaking the school record (ironically) for most completions without an interception, until he had a ball deflected into a Moo State's defenders hands.

    I have seen both of these teams play all year and this is my first post, but boy are yall going to be shocked on Nov. 5. This team is the real deal. Whoever said the comment about getting beat by 14 or 16 or whatever...LSU hasn't lost by more than ten (13-3 vs Florida in 09) since Lee thought 6 sixes meant things back in 2008. remember that this team along with Alabama are likely top 5 college football teams of the BCS era and probably longer than that. I think its a clash of the Titans and I have never been so sure about it. LSU wins 27-21. And If im wrong Ill be sure to eat my words here, but cover to cover I cant really find much wrong in Lee, in the Defense (minus at the LB position maybe), and in the coaching staff. If you ask 1000 LSU fans on who they want their HBC to be, about 850 would confidently say Les, but most importantly if you asked the team, 100% would say Les. He's got this team focused with their eyes on the prize. He's a players coach and thats just the bottom line. Last year LSU took the victory in Death Valley and I think LSU got better and Alabama is still just as good as they were last year but thats all.


    LSU 27-17.
    See ya in New Orleans. And Rammer Jammers, yall enjoy NOLA a week early 

    Im not even going to start on the Boise St comments. I want a hit of whatever that guy has.



    I can agree with some of this but LSU seems to be just enough outmatched in this game on the road, course I have seen LSU teams pull out games on the road and they seem sometimes to be better that way. Should be a good college game to watch but I honestly see a close game for 3 quarters then Bama tacking on the kill TD at the end and covering.
     
    Time2Score
    Time2Score
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 62
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 7:01 AM ET #35

    I got LSU future to win BCS so I'm gonna stick with that. This is a scary spot to bet either of them this week though. I feel preventing injury is gonna be the key...

    Reply

    I got LSU future to win BCS so I'm gonna stick with that. This is a scary spot to bet either of them this week though. I feel preventing injury is gonna be the key...

     
    ramsfan568
    ramsfan568
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 28
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 9:03 AM ET #36

    I think LSU is playing Auburn this week - Not Alabama - Or am I missing something here?
    Reply
    I think LSU is playing Auburn this week - Not Alabama - Or am I missing something here?
     
    13923
    13923
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 304
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 10:07 AM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by Malamadre:

    btw boise would whack LSU BADLY even in baton rouge....go look at who they have beaten and realize how overrated they are

    Who have they played.  Oregon Top 10 BSC.  West Virginia Top 15 BSC.  Both away from home.  We are 7-0 with only 3 home games.  Alabama has beaten?  Arkansas Top 10 BSC and Penn State?  Arkansas was in BAMA for that one.  Penn State the most overrated 5-1 Team in the history of NCAA.  I'm not saying LSU wins, but it will be a game for the ages.  LSU 13-10

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Malamadre:

    btw boise would whack LSU BADLY even in baton rouge....go look at who they have beaten and realize how overrated they are

    Who have they played.  Oregon Top 10 BSC.  West Virginia Top 15 BSC.  Both away from home.  We are 7-0 with only 3 home games.  Alabama has beaten?  Arkansas Top 10 BSC and Penn State?  Arkansas was in BAMA for that one.  Penn State the most overrated 5-1 Team in the history of NCAA.  I'm not saying LSU wins, but it will be a game for the ages.  LSU 13-10

     
    blowoutgm
    blowoutgm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 6209
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 10:10 AM ET #38

    That is correct- they are playing Auburn not Alabama-but the line for the Alabama game has been put up at some sportsbooks

    Tholle2-  then we will just agree to disagree- i don't blindly bet LSU because i am a fan- I agree Lee is a much improved player but really when has he seen any pressure this year- on top of that he will be on the road- i really hope you are right- i will gladly admit if i am wrong- this will be one of the few times i won't mind losing money if LSU covers- I've said this several times- whoever wins this game wins the National Championship-

    Good luck on your bet!

     

    Reply

    That is correct- they are playing Auburn not Alabama-but the line for the Alabama game has been put up at some sportsbooks

    Tholle2-  then we will just agree to disagree- i don't blindly bet LSU because i am a fan- I agree Lee is a much improved player but really when has he seen any pressure this year- on top of that he will be on the road- i really hope you are right- i will gladly admit if i am wrong- this will be one of the few times i won't mind losing money if LSU covers- I've said this several times- whoever wins this game wins the National Championship-

    Good luck on your bet!

     

     
    13923
    13923
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 304
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 10:13 AM ET #39

    LSU homer here. Not denying it.  LSU has become the most consistent program in the ENTIRE country since 2000.  They have the most wins of any SEC team (best conf by far, sorry BIG IX) in the last twelve years. 

    LSU will play its best game on Nov 5th, and even if we lose (which I don't think we will) we still have a nice comfy SUGAR Bowl waiting for us.  Thats one heck of a situation to be in.

    Reply

    LSU homer here. Not denying it.  LSU has become the most consistent program in the ENTIRE country since 2000.  They have the most wins of any SEC team (best conf by far, sorry BIG IX) in the last twelve years. 

    LSU will play its best game on Nov 5th, and even if we lose (which I don't think we will) we still have a nice comfy SUGAR Bowl waiting for us.  Thats one heck of a situation to be in.

     
    13923
    13923
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 304
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 10:20 AM ET #40

    blowoutgm- I don't take LSU blindly either.  I hammered Auburn +22 this week.  Should have waited I guess, because that line is climbing?  Been to every LSU/Auburn game in Death Valley since Dinardo was killing us in the late nineties.  Auburn doesn't lose this game by more than 14 if that.  I think LSU will be in a dog fight this weekend.  Hardest game of all the unbeatens IMO.

    And Lafayette sucks ass by the way.

    Reply

    blowoutgm- I don't take LSU blindly either.  I hammered Auburn +22 this week.  Should have waited I guess, because that line is climbing?  Been to every LSU/Auburn game in Death Valley since Dinardo was killing us in the late nineties.  Auburn doesn't lose this game by more than 14 if that.  I think LSU will be in a dog fight this weekend.  Hardest game of all the unbeatens IMO.

    And Lafayette sucks ass by the way.

     
    blowoutgm
    blowoutgm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 6209
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 10:21 AM ET #41

    13923-

    So are you not worried about that Alabama defense getting to Jarret Lee and him turning the ball over? I love LSU as well but i just can't trust Lee in this situation. Hopefully he will prove me wrong- I work offshore with a bunch of hardcore Bama fans and would love to rub another win against them in their faces!! We give each other hell at work and it's always in good fun- Good luck with your bet!

     

    Reply

    13923-

    So are you not worried about that Alabama defense getting to Jarret Lee and him turning the ball over? I love LSU as well but i just can't trust Lee in this situation. Hopefully he will prove me wrong- I work offshore with a bunch of hardcore Bama fans and would love to rub another win against them in their faces!! We give each other hell at work and it's always in good fun- Good luck with your bet!

     

     
    blowoutgm
    blowoutgm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 6209
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 10:23 AM ET #42

    3923-

    Come on man- give ULL a little love- they will never be LSU be it's great to see my hometown team and alma mater doing well-

    I am on Auburn as well this week- i got them at +22.5- LSU has to be looking ahead no matter what the coach tells them this week- Auburn also looks to be improving week to week as well-

    Reply

    3923-

    Come on man- give ULL a little love- they will never be LSU be it's great to see my hometown team and alma mater doing well-

    I am on Auburn as well this week- i got them at +22.5- LSU has to be looking ahead no matter what the coach tells them this week- Auburn also looks to be improving week to week as well-

     
    13923
    13923
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 304
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 10:29 AM ET #43

    My mistake, I think BAMA did beat Arkansas in Fayetteville this year.  Still to have the definite TOP TWO TEAMS playing in November is such a treat for college football fans this year.  Wish I had 400 bucks to shell out to make that game.
    Reply
    My mistake, I think BAMA did beat Arkansas in Fayetteville this year.  Still to have the definite TOP TWO TEAMS playing in November is such a treat for college football fans this year.  Wish I had 400 bucks to shell out to make that game.
     
    13923
    13923
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 304
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 10:48 AM ET #44

    Just kidding blowout.  I gradutated from STM in 1997, but have lived in BR since.  I'm on campus right now (graduate assistant in the history dept.) 

    I am not worried about Lee under pressure.  Only one INT this year and that ball was tipped at MISS ST.  Look at our QBS in our National Championship years.  2003 Matt Mauck,  2007 Matt Flynn and Perriloux.  2011 Jarrett Lee AND Jefferson.  I see a definite pattern developing whenever the BCS National Title game is held in New Orleans.  Every one of those QBS fit the same mold.  Game manager, which limit mistakes, and get the ball to our playmakers.  We have a much better WR corps. We do not have Trent Richardson, but DO have Ware, Blue, Ford.  They all have over 300 yards rushing this season.  The only weakness I can see is at LB, but with the "honey badger" roaming the field looking to make a play it negates that.  I hope they win as well (I really think they will).  Especially for your sake, working with a bunch of BAMA roughnecks after an LSU lose on November 5th, you won't here the end of it til National Signing Day. 

    Worst case scenario for LSU.  Is they lose against BAMA, but become more focused and destory Ole Miss, W Ken, and Arkansas.  And go to the Sugar Bowl, hopefully (oh please oh please) play those idiots from Boise St. That think they are gods gift to college football.  I want to play them so so so so BAD..

    F%*$ YOU Boise State!

    Reply

    Just kidding blowout.  I gradutated from STM in 1997, but have lived in BR since.  I'm on campus right now (graduate assistant in the history dept.) 

    I am not worried about Lee under pressure.  Only one INT this year and that ball was tipped at MISS ST.  Look at our QBS in our National Championship years.  2003 Matt Mauck,  2007 Matt Flynn and Perriloux.  2011 Jarrett Lee AND Jefferson.  I see a definite pattern developing whenever the BCS National Title game is held in New Orleans.  Every one of those QBS fit the same mold.  Game manager, which limit mistakes, and get the ball to our playmakers.  We have a much better WR corps. We do not have Trent Richardson, but DO have Ware, Blue, Ford.  They all have over 300 yards rushing this season.  The only weakness I can see is at LB, but with the "honey badger" roaming the field looking to make a play it negates that.  I hope they win as well (I really think they will).  Especially for your sake, working with a bunch of BAMA roughnecks after an LSU lose on November 5th, you won't here the end of it til National Signing Day. 

    Worst case scenario for LSU.  Is they lose against BAMA, but become more focused and destory Ole Miss, W Ken, and Arkansas.  And go to the Sugar Bowl, hopefully (oh please oh please) play those idiots from Boise St. That think they are gods gift to college football.  I want to play them so so so so BAD..

    F%*$ YOU Boise State!

     
    13923
    13923
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 304
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 10:56 AM ET #45

    typing too fast...good subject. 

    typos above: "after and LSU loss"

    typos above:  "you won't hear"

    Best of luck to both teams.  Do SEC country proud!

     

     

    Reply

    typing too fast...good subject. 

    typos above: "after and LSU loss"

    typos above:  "you won't hear"

    Best of luck to both teams.  Do SEC country proud!

     

     

     
    blowoutgm
    blowoutgm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 6209
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 11:05 AM ET #46

    I totally agree with you on playing Boise St. - that would be almost as good for me as winning a National Championship would be.

    I am a subsea engineer offshore so if Bama wins i will just make them roughnecks do the shitty jobs on my blowout preventer- lol!

    And before the haters start in about Boise- i respect them, the program and especially the coach but i hate how all the fanboys keep hollering they should be national champions every year.

    I hope you are right but Lee still scares me as no one has put any pressure on him this year. The O-line will have their hands full trying to keep  Bama out of the backfield. As much as i like the Tigers running game, i just don't think you can make a living running on the Bama D. I can see Miles using Jefferson more this game trying to spread things out and it back firing miserably. Again i hope i am wrong about this. I have heard they are putting more packages in this week for Jefferson to run.

    Reply

    I totally agree with you on playing Boise St. - that would be almost as good for me as winning a National Championship would be.

    I am a subsea engineer offshore so if Bama wins i will just make them roughnecks do the shitty jobs on my blowout preventer- lol!

    And before the haters start in about Boise- i respect them, the program and especially the coach but i hate how all the fanboys keep hollering they should be national champions every year.

    I hope you are right but Lee still scares me as no one has put any pressure on him this year. The O-line will have their hands full trying to keep  Bama out of the backfield. As much as i like the Tigers running game, i just don't think you can make a living running on the Bama D. I can see Miles using Jefferson more this game trying to spread things out and it back firing miserably. Again i hope i am wrong about this. I have heard they are putting more packages in this week for Jefferson to run.

     
    13923
    13923
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 304
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 11:21 AM ET #47

    Jefferson is getting more snaps with the first team, not 50% but its going up.  The key to this game is going to be turnovers and field position (which is why I see a low scoring defensive battle).  LSU +6 is a gift, I think after BAMA Blows the doors off Tenn and LSU plays a close physical game with Auburn this weekend, I think the line would climb to BAMA -7.  Funny shit about making them BAMA boys work their asses off.  LMAO!

    Hey I respect the hell out of Boise State.  Most years they have a respectable 2-3 wins against AQ conferences.  But this year they are all pointing to the Georgia win as proof they can play.  Don't get me wrong Georgia is going to win the East this year with Lattimore going down for the Cocks, but they a far from a top flight program that Boise State needs to declare foul in the BullShitChampionship aka BCS.  We will see what Boise State is all about real soon.  The Big East (an AQ conference) has extended an invitation for football to them, and IMO they decline it because they want to play their shitty MWC or WAC schedules to pad their overrated records.  They have in the past turned down teams because they want a home and home in a series.  Only Oregon agreed to this, but some really top notch programs in the country have offered them a Home and Home and Home, only to be rejected.  Boise State is going to have to understand that to make real waves in the BSC, they are going to have to agree to play 2 Away games for 1 Home game if they wnat top flight programs to come play on the SMURF Turf. 

    Reply

    Jefferson is getting more snaps with the first team, not 50% but its going up.  The key to this game is going to be turnovers and field position (which is why I see a low scoring defensive battle).  LSU +6 is a gift, I think after BAMA Blows the doors off Tenn and LSU plays a close physical game with Auburn this weekend, I think the line would climb to BAMA -7.  Funny shit about making them BAMA boys work their asses off.  LMAO!

    Hey I respect the hell out of Boise State.  Most years they have a respectable 2-3 wins against AQ conferences.  But this year they are all pointing to the Georgia win as proof they can play.  Don't get me wrong Georgia is going to win the East this year with Lattimore going down for the Cocks, but they a far from a top flight program that Boise State needs to declare foul in the BullShitChampionship aka BCS.  We will see what Boise State is all about real soon.  The Big East (an AQ conference) has extended an invitation for football to them, and IMO they decline it because they want to play their shitty MWC or WAC schedules to pad their overrated records.  They have in the past turned down teams because they want a home and home in a series.  Only Oregon agreed to this, but some really top notch programs in the country have offered them a Home and Home and Home, only to be rejected.  Boise State is going to have to understand that to make real waves in the BSC, they are going to have to agree to play 2 Away games for 1 Home game if they wnat top flight programs to come play on the SMURF Turf. 

     
    ChazOC
    ChazOC
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 21
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 12:31 PM ET #48

    First Post Ever! I'm very excited about this...

     

     

    Trent Richarson RTR

    Reply

    First Post Ever! I'm very excited about this...

     

     

    Trent Richarson RTR

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 12:54 PM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by tholle2:

    blowoutgm, seriously man...i f i hear you say you are an LSU homer but you are hammering alabama on one more thread...lol dude thats like the 15th time I have seen you post that. And the whole Jarrett Lee under pressure thing? how many int's has he thrown this year? that would be one... and he has picked apart some pretty mediocre defenses that is true, but thats what sets the stage for awesome games unfortunately. You have to play your conference games and then (in LSU's case) play the best remaining teams in OOC games. He is not Lee of 2008 he is a polished QB who wins the most improved player award in my eyes over his career. He also came up about 9 passes short of breaking the school record (ironically) for most completions without an interception, until he had a ball deflected into a Moo State's defenders hands.

    I have seen both of these teams play all year and this is my first post, but boy are yall going to be shocked on Nov. 5. This team is the real deal. Whoever said the comment about getting beat by 14 or 16 or whatever...LSU hasn't lost by more than ten (13-3 vs Florida in 09) since Lee thought 6 sixes meant things back in 2008. remember that this team along with Alabama are likely top 5 college football teams of the BCS era and probably longer than that. I think its a clash of the Titans and I have never been so sure about it. LSU wins 27-21. And If im wrong Ill be sure to eat my words here, but cover to cover I cant really find much wrong in Lee, in the Defense (minus at the LB position maybe), and in the coaching staff. If you ask 1000 LSU fans on who they want their HBC to be, about 850 would confidently say Les, but most importantly if you asked the team, 100% would say Les. He's got this team focused with their eyes on the prize. He's a players coach and thats just the bottom line. Last year LSU took the victory in Death Valley and I think LSU got better and Alabama is still just as good as they were last year but thats all.


    LSU 27-17.
    See ya in New Orleans. And Rammer Jammers, yall enjoy NOLA a week early 

    Im not even going to start on the Boise St comments. I want a hit of whatever that guy has.

    I agree with you on Jarrett Lee.  Let's also not overlook the fact that he is throwing to two outstanding receivers in Randle and Shepard.

    I, like you, don't think Lee will blow up in Tuscaloosa.  In fact I don't expect to see many turnovers from either team.  Alabama hasn't turned the ball over for 6 consecutive games, and LSU hasn't turned the ball over for 4 straight games, and they lead the nation in turnover margin at +2.2 per game.  Basically these are the best two teams in the nation at protecting the football, so don't expect a sloppy game.

    The biggest difference between these two teams is that LSU is small and fast, and Alabama is huge and fast.  In short, Alabama will be way too physical on both sides of the ball for LSU.  LSU will suffer the same physical beat-down that every other Alabama opponent has suffered thus far, and there is absolutely nothing LSU can do to stop what's coming their way.  This will looked very similar to the physical beating they took at Bryant-Denny Stadium two years ago when Tiger players were dropping like flies.  Particularly vivid was the two-point conversion play at my end zone when Bama laid out 3 LSU players on one play. I think the physical beatdown will be even worse this season simply because this year's Bama team is a lot more physical across the board than they were in '09.

    LSU will probably hang with Bama for a while, but this game won't be close in the end. Even though I don't think the final score will necessarily reflect the physical ass-whooping that Bama will administer on LSU, in the end Bama will win this game by DD. Look for score similar to the Penn State game . . . 24-13, 27-13 something along those lines.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by tholle2:

    blowoutgm, seriously man...i f i hear you say you are an LSU homer but you are hammering alabama on one more thread...lol dude thats like the 15th time I have seen you post that. And the whole Jarrett Lee under pressure thing? how many int's has he thrown this year? that would be one... and he has picked apart some pretty mediocre defenses that is true, but thats what sets the stage for awesome games unfortunately. You have to play your conference games and then (in LSU's case) play the best remaining teams in OOC games. He is not Lee of 2008 he is a polished QB who wins the most improved player award in my eyes over his career. He also came up about 9 passes short of breaking the school record (ironically) for most completions without an interception, until he had a ball deflected into a Moo State's defenders hands.

    I have seen both of these teams play all year and this is my first post, but boy are yall going to be shocked on Nov. 5. This team is the real deal. Whoever said the comment about getting beat by 14 or 16 or whatever...LSU hasn't lost by more than ten (13-3 vs Florida in 09) since Lee thought 6 sixes meant things back in 2008. remember that this team along with Alabama are likely top 5 college football teams of the BCS era and probably longer than that. I think its a clash of the Titans and I have never been so sure about it. LSU wins 27-21. And If im wrong Ill be sure to eat my words here, but cover to cover I cant really find much wrong in Lee, in the Defense (minus at the LB position maybe), and in the coaching staff. If you ask 1000 LSU fans on who they want their HBC to be, about 850 would confidently say Les, but most importantly if you asked the team, 100% would say Les. He's got this team focused with their eyes on the prize. He's a players coach and thats just the bottom line. Last year LSU took the victory in Death Valley and I think LSU got better and Alabama is still just as good as they were last year but thats all.


    LSU 27-17.
    See ya in New Orleans. And Rammer Jammers, yall enjoy NOLA a week early 

    Im not even going to start on the Boise St comments. I want a hit of whatever that guy has.

    I agree with you on Jarrett Lee.  Let's also not overlook the fact that he is throwing to two outstanding receivers in Randle and Shepard.

    I, like you, don't think Lee will blow up in Tuscaloosa.  In fact I don't expect to see many turnovers from either team.  Alabama hasn't turned the ball over for 6 consecutive games, and LSU hasn't turned the ball over for 4 straight games, and they lead the nation in turnover margin at +2.2 per game.  Basically these are the best two teams in the nation at protecting the football, so don't expect a sloppy game.

    The biggest difference between these two teams is that LSU is small and fast, and Alabama is huge and fast.  In short, Alabama will be way too physical on both sides of the ball for LSU.  LSU will suffer the same physical beat-down that every other Alabama opponent has suffered thus far, and there is absolutely nothing LSU can do to stop what's coming their way.  This will looked very similar to the physical beating they took at Bryant-Denny Stadium two years ago when Tiger players were dropping like flies.  Particularly vivid was the two-point conversion play at my end zone when Bama laid out 3 LSU players on one play. I think the physical beatdown will be even worse this season simply because this year's Bama team is a lot more physical across the board than they were in '09.

    LSU will probably hang with Bama for a while, but this game won't be close in the end. Even though I don't think the final score will necessarily reflect the physical ass-whooping that Bama will administer on LSU, in the end Bama will win this game by DD. Look for score similar to the Penn State game . . . 24-13, 27-13 something along those lines.

     
     
    13923
    13923
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 304
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2011 - 1:43 PM ET #50

    [Quote: Originally Posted by jimmydafreak]

    The biggest difference between these two teams is that LSU is small and fast, and Alabama is huge and fast. 

    LSU small?  Just because their best defensive player only measures 5'8 and half is not indicative of the entire team.  These two teams are mirror images of themselves.  Very Stout defenses, bruising RBs, capable and mistake free quarterbacks.  I admit that BAMA does have an edge because its at Bryant-Denny Stadium.  But LSU has the playmakers necessary to trump home field advantage.  Their receiving corps is far better (Randle, Shepard, Beckham, and Peterson). They are way deeper at QB (Lee, Jefferson, Mettenberger #1 JUCO).  Tune into ESPN or CBS sports, and I can assure you they are not talking about the defensive backfield of Alabama.  LSU has a stable of RBs to stay fresh the entire 60 minutes.  This is going to be Trent Richardson's toughest game of his career.  Yes, he will break some good (great) runs, but with the game neck and neck coming down to the wire, I would much rather have a fresh Ware, Blue, or Ford. 

    No DD win for either one here.  The coaches are going to play this one close to the vest, and all it takes is one mistake, one turnover, one missed tackle for a team to get an advantage.  I like LSU here (I'm a homer I admit).  Its going to be a great game.  Win or lose both these teams are BCS Bowl Bound if they take care of business.

    LSU 13-10

    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by jimmydafreak]

    The biggest difference between these two teams is that LSU is small and fast, and Alabama is huge and fast. 

    LSU small?  Just because their best defensive player only measures 5'8 and half is not indicative of the entire team.  These two teams are mirror images of themselves.  Very Stout defenses, bruising RBs, capable and mistake free quarterbacks.  I admit that BAMA does have an edge because its at Bryant-Denny Stadium.  But LSU has the playmakers necessary to trump home field advantage.  Their receiving corps is far better (Randle, Shepard, Beckham, and Peterson). They are way deeper at QB (Lee, Jefferson, Mettenberger #1 JUCO).  Tune into ESPN or CBS sports, and I can assure you they are not talking about the defensive backfield of Alabama.  LSU has a stable of RBs to stay fresh the entire 60 minutes.  This is going to be Trent Richardson's toughest game of his career.  Yes, he will break some good (great) runs, but with the game neck and neck coming down to the wire, I would much rather have a fresh Ware, Blue, or Ford. 

    No DD win for either one here.  The coaches are going to play this one close to the vest, and all it takes is one mistake, one turnover, one missed tackle for a team to get an advantage.  I like LSU here (I'm a homer I admit).  Its going to be a great game.  Win or lose both these teams are BCS Bowl Bound if they take care of business.

    LSU 13-10

    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,421
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 689
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,356
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,688
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,825
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,507
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,296
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,884
    • Los Angeles Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles 5,886
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,316

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.