New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

Joe Brady back to NFL

Participants:
Views: 819

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

LSU 's passing game coordinator , Joe Brady has
been hired as the new OC of the Carolina Panthers.

FWIW. Futures bettors 

Quote Post Report User

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

That's a blow to LSU and the way it is today in the coaching field. Hot coaches are hot commodities. Look at Alabama turnover!

Jeff Hafley leaving Ohio State is a blow too. Mattison is good but it was Hafley that brought that defensive concept the Buckeyes were using.

How about Dan Enos? Wonder where that Bridge Burner will end up now and what capacity? LOL

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Coaching / Coordinator moves , the " Transfer Portal "
and early declarants to the NFL draft , make capping
weeks 1 - 3 a lot more challenging than it was ........
" back in the Old days "     

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

LSU 's passing game coordinator , Joe Brady has
been hired as the new OC of the Carolina Panthers.

FWIW. Futures bettors 

ESPN announced that Baylor has hired LSU
defensive Coordinator Dave Aranda as their new
Head Coach. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Michigan is hiring former Miss St DC Bob Shoop. Looks like safeties coach. Shoop has worked with Mich DC Don Brown in the past and was onstaff at Penn St when Gattis was there, and at Vandy too.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Scott Frost parts ways with his OC Troy Walters and hires Matt Lubick. Lubick left Washington two years ago to work for a credit union & Colorado State U.

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

I'm not sure that a lot of Coordinator changes that
are taking place are actually going to help improve
a teams performance this upcoming season.
The good ones get promoted to Head Coaches ,
leaving a vacuum that is being filled by position
coaches that wind up " learning on the job ". 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

I'm not sure that a lot of Coordinator changes that
are taking place are actually going to help improve
a teams performance this upcoming season.
The good ones get promoted to Head Coaches ,
leaving a vacuum that is being filled by position
coaches that wind up " learning on the job ". 

Agree, The Lubick hire at Neb. I see more as a change was needed and a familiar face hired.

Michigan lost Chris Partridge, one of their top recruiters and replaced him with Shoop. In addition Mich. hired Brian Jean-Mary from Charlie Strong's South Florida. Thinking having a Florida connection really helped Jean-Mary get this job. Assistant coaches that can recruit and have Southern connections a must!

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

That's a blow to LSU and the way it is today in the coaching field. Hot coaches are hot commodities. Look at Alabama turnover!

Jeff Hafley leaving Ohio State is a blow too. Mattison is good but it was Hafley that brought that defensive concept the Buckeyes were using.

How about Dan Enos? Wonder where that Bridge Burner will end up now and what capacity? LOL

Ah, there it is. Knew Ohio State wasn't going to hand the defensive reins to Mattison. They hired back Kerry Coombs from the Tenn. Titans. Think Hafley's schemes were pretty damn good, wonder how much change will take place under Coombs?

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Ah, there it is. Knew Ohio State wasn't going to hand the defensive reins to Mattison. They hired back Kerry Coombs from the Tenn. Titans. Think Hafley's schemes were pretty damn good, wonder how much change will take place under Coombs?

This will be one to keep an eye on. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

Wise / Uni... good stuff!! hope you're enjoying hibernation... peace_5

Off topic kinda ... but just seeing D'eriq King is off to Hottt Mess Miami via the portal .. perfect match... so deserving of each other lol ... 

Anyway... while the phony pundits are hyping Miami the move here is to look close at the Houston prospectus because they have an under the radar gem with Clayton Tune ... guy burned 2 redshirts in B2B years to step in when the team and really the program were at their lowest points and in the direst of straits ....  even with Houston getting their heads kicked in by Army in that bowl game he hits 65% 230 yds 7.2 y/a 1TD 0 int's ... only guy playing in that one ... and not bad for getting thrown in last year/getting injured, etc after King and others bailed on the team when things weren't going so hot ..   

Hope the pundits really downgrade the Cougars guys going into 2020 due to 'strong AAC competition' and all the 'program problems' ... I think there's a good shot that a team can form around Tune and Holgersen ... alot of potential value with after two SUPER-DUPER disappointing years... 

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge1:

Wise / Uni... good stuff!! hope you're enjoying hibernation... peace_5

Off topic kinda ... but just seeing D'eriq King is off to Hottt Mess Miami via the portal .. perfect match... so deserving of each other lol ... 

Anyway... while the phony pundits are hyping Miami the move here is to look close at the Houston prospectus because they have an under the radar gem with Clayton Tune ... guy burned 2 redshirts in B2B years to step in when the team and really the program were at their lowest points and in the direst of straits ....  even with Houston getting their heads kicked in by Army in that bowl game he hits 65% 230 yds 7.2 y/a 1TD 0 int's ... only guy playing in that one ... and not bad for getting thrown in last year/getting injured, etc after King and others bailed on the team when things weren't going so hot ..   

Hope the pundits really downgrade the Cougars guys going into 2020 due to 'strong AAC competition' and all the 'program problems' ... I think there's a good shot that a team can form around Tune and Holgersen ... alot of potential value with after two SUPER-DUPER disappointing years... 

Thanks Bud, I think that Miami has problems that
extend well beyond the QB position.
Tune's debut was very promising, with the exception
of TD / Int. , Tune's stats were actually better than
King's.

Bridge , Keep that good insight coming , buddy.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

That's what we need to find Bridge, who will be under-valued and who will be over-valued. 

Will keep an eye on Houston.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

Word up gents .... let's keep the comm lines open this offseason ... 

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

Rocky Long returns to New Mexico as their DC,
after resigning his Head Coaching position at SDSU.

I'm a big Rocky Long fan , and I wish him well in his
return to the Lobos.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

Rocky Long returns to New Mexico as their DC,
after resigning his Head Coaching position at SDSU.

I'm a big Rocky Long fan , and I wish him well in his
return to the Lobos.

Seems like a lot of "returnee's" this year. Rocky Long returns to NMU as Brady Hoke returns to SDSU. Bo Pelini returns to LSU, Coombs to Ohio State. Schiano back at Rutgers. I'm sure the list goes on...…..

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

Seems like a lot of "returnee's" this year. Rocky Long returns to NMU as Brady Hoke returns to SDSU. Bo Pelini returns to LSU, Coombs to Ohio State. Schiano back at Rutgers. I'm sure the list goes on...…..

I guess there are enough examples there to call it a
" Trend "  maybe ? 

Programs looking for some mid term stability ? or
maybe AD's on the " Hot seat "

Might see a few " New " teams step up and bag a
few wins. Kinda like North Carolina last season.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #18

Jett Duffy, former Texas Tech QB transferring to CMU has been denied admission to CMU. Seems his past is haunting him.
Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo