• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Basketball

    Let me ask you all about your profit gambling

    12 Next Last»
    rnunez91
    monkeymark5
    Sandor
    mgrdoc
    kbarCat
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1385
    Posts: 32
    12 Next Last»
     
    rnunez91
    rnunez91
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 661
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 9:32 PM ET #1

    I know most wont care but plenty will relate deep down. Let me ask you all a question.. how much do you TRULY make gambling if you REALLY calculated it on a monthly basis? I have learned that you can go on a win streak and lose it all and it happens very often for many people. This takes away from family, from friends, your time capping games all day, being down when you lose, feeling great when you win, heart racing everyday watching games you play.... I gambled from 2011-feb 2017 stopped when I lost 5 grand on the most unreal comeback/biggest choke when Atlanta lost the Super Bowl to the patriots and then started again 3 months ago and at the end of the day I’ve put hours and hours and hours watching and capping games these last 3 months to be negative. Really have a bad gambling addiction and all this shit ain’t worth it luckily I’m still young in my late 20”s.

     

    i am officially done and I know there’s many on you here negative as well or barely positive or up a few hundred is that shit really worth all this stress? People don’t understand that a gambling addiction is the same as a drug addiction but I stopped for 3 years before and can surely stop again. I hope this reaches at least 1 person and for the hundreds that don’t care continue doing you... peace out everyone 

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    I know most wont care but plenty will relate deep down. Let me ask you all a question.. how much do you TRULY make gambling if you REALLY calculated it on a monthly basis? I have learned that you can go on a win streak and lose it all and it happens very often for many people. This takes away from family, from friends, your time capping games all day, being down when you lose, feeling great when you win, heart racing everyday watching games you play.... I gambled from 2011-feb 2017 stopped when I lost 5 grand on the most unreal comeback/biggest choke when Atlanta lost the Super Bowl to the patriots and then started again 3 months ago and at the end of the day I’ve put hours and hours and hours watching and capping games these last 3 months to be negative. Really have a bad gambling addiction and all this shit ain’t worth it luckily I’m still young in my late 20”s.

     

    i am officially done and I know there’s many on you here negative as well or barely positive or up a few hundred is that shit really worth all this stress? People don’t understand that a gambling addiction is the same as a drug addiction but I stopped for 3 years before and can surely stop again. I hope this reaches at least 1 person and for the hundreds that don’t care continue doing you... peace out everyone 

     
    monkeymark5
    monkeymark5
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2006
    Posts: 3569
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 9:39 PM ET #2

    If you bet too many games. Tough to be profitable.  If you want to be casual. Do like one game a day or so. Or maybe special games like the super bowl.  

    Money management is the hardest thing for most people I believe. 
    Positive Thinking Movement
    Reply
    If you bet too many games. Tough to be profitable.  If you want to be casual. Do like one game a day or so. Or maybe special games like the super bowl.  

    Money management is the hardest thing for most people I believe. 
     
    Sandor
    Sandor
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2019
    Posts: 163
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 9:43 PM ET #3

    The truth about gambling is that you have to have a certain personality type to be profitable at it. 

    You have to be an analyst.

    That means putting in the work to do research, and then deliberating....racking your brains.  Some people (Intuitives) are much more equipped for this intensity of mental workload.

    The rest of people gamble for "fun" or because they think they "get" sports.  

    They don't.  

     

    Good luck in your future

    Find out what you are good at and follow that path.

    Reply

    The truth about gambling is that you have to have a certain personality type to be profitable at it. 

    You have to be an analyst.

    That means putting in the work to do research, and then deliberating....racking your brains.  Some people (Intuitives) are much more equipped for this intensity of mental workload.

    The rest of people gamble for "fun" or because they think they "get" sports.  

    They don't.  

     

    Good luck in your future

    Find out what you are good at and follow that path.

     
    mgrdoc
    mgrdoc
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 808
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 9:48 PM ET #4

    Hats off to you bro. Hope you make it. To gamble as a hobby fine, but what you were doing not cool. 

    Reply

    Hats off to you bro. Hope you make it. To gamble as a hobby fine, but what you were doing not cool. 

     
    rnunez91
    rnunez91
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 661
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 9:51 PM ET #5

    Appreciate the respectful comments. But reality is guys that idc how much you “know” sports or how good you are at “capping” a game.. fact is so many games are won by luck. Comebacks, big mistakes from other team, missed free throws, last second shots, list goes on... on any given night anything can happen and I know for a FACT there’s PLENTY of people who visit this forum and are just like me. Barely people on this forum who gamble over $100 a day do this for fun it’s more of an addiction 

    Reply

    Appreciate the respectful comments. But reality is guys that idc how much you “know” sports or how good you are at “capping” a game.. fact is so many games are won by luck. Comebacks, big mistakes from other team, missed free throws, last second shots, list goes on... on any given night anything can happen and I know for a FACT there’s PLENTY of people who visit this forum and are just like me. Barely people on this forum who gamble over $100 a day do this for fun it’s more of an addiction 

     
    kbarCat
    kbarCat
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 124
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 9:52 PM ET #6

    Try to just do it for entertainment only- sure, its still money, but its 1/1000th of what I used to wager. My biggest problem was the number of games out there. If I only had 2-3 games out there a day, Id be a pretty decent handicapper. I know my weaknesses and just choose to set aside an amount I can afford to lose a month, and when its gone- im gone until the next month...best of luck to u  

    Reply

    Try to just do it for entertainment only- sure, its still money, but its 1/1000th of what I used to wager. My biggest problem was the number of games out there. If I only had 2-3 games out there a day, Id be a pretty decent handicapper. I know my weaknesses and just choose to set aside an amount I can afford to lose a month, and when its gone- im gone until the next month...best of luck to u  

     
    Sandor
    Sandor
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2019
    Posts: 163
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 9:53 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by rnunez91:

    Appreciate the respectful comments. But reality is guys that idc how much you “know” sports or how good you are at “capping” a game.. fact is so many games are won by luck. Comebacks, big mistakes from other team, missed free throws, last second shots, list goes on... on any given night anything can happen and I know for a FACT there’s PLENTY of people who visit this forum and are just like me. Barely people on this forum who gamble over $100 a day do this for fun it’s more of an addiction

     

    That takes time young man. 

    It takes time to be able to "read" between the lines.

     

    You are lucky you learned before you had more disposable income.  

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by rnunez91:

    Appreciate the respectful comments. But reality is guys that idc how much you “know” sports or how good you are at “capping” a game.. fact is so many games are won by luck. Comebacks, big mistakes from other team, missed free throws, last second shots, list goes on... on any given night anything can happen and I know for a FACT there’s PLENTY of people who visit this forum and are just like me. Barely people on this forum who gamble over $100 a day do this for fun it’s more of an addiction

     

    That takes time young man. 

    It takes time to be able to "read" between the lines.

     

    You are lucky you learned before you had more disposable income.  

     

     
    TheSquare
    TheSquare
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 16398
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 9:54 PM ET #8

    From your post right here, it looks like you lost a good amount tonight. I along with others, have been there, done that. Sorry bud but the "itch" won't go away like that. an_shake Bet considerably less next time and keep the betting amounts to yourself. Nobody needs to know that you bet whatever small/trivial amount and you should care less about what other people's betting amounts are. Half the time, they're lying anyways. an_light If you can't grind a $1-200 initial bankroll into $1k+ or more, what makes you think that you will win by betting $1-200+ bets? Oh, because you will take it more "seriously' if you bet larger amounts? For most, they are long term losers but I look at it like this. Sports betting is an expensive "hobby." Just like your friends who like to burn their paycheck on performance parts for their car,sneaker collection, electronics, whatever hobby. That itch ain't gonna go away that easy but definitely take a break and the usual advice offered by others. As you've read before,"it's a marathon, not a sprint."

    "Schrödinger's bet." A bet that loses when you bet it but wins when you DON'T bet it...
    Reply

    From your post right here, it looks like you lost a good amount tonight. I along with others, have been there, done that. Sorry bud but the "itch" won't go away like that. an_shake Bet considerably less next time and keep the betting amounts to yourself. Nobody needs to know that you bet whatever small/trivial amount and you should care less about what other people's betting amounts are. Half the time, they're lying anyways. an_light If you can't grind a $1-200 initial bankroll into $1k+ or more, what makes you think that you will win by betting $1-200+ bets? Oh, because you will take it more "seriously' if you bet larger amounts? For most, they are long term losers but I look at it like this. Sports betting is an expensive "hobby." Just like your friends who like to burn their paycheck on performance parts for their car,sneaker collection, electronics, whatever hobby. That itch ain't gonna go away that easy but definitely take a break and the usual advice offered by others. As you've read before,"it's a marathon, not a sprint."

     
    rnunez91
    rnunez91
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 661
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 9:57 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by mgrdoc:

    Hats off to you bro. Hope you make it. To gamble as a hobby fine, but what you were doing not cool.


    have to. Just started a great new career path in banking and reality is I can’t gamble for “fun” so many games I have lost due to degenerate action or unreal losses that leave me stunned as to how was that possible. Everything is all just luck but people can continue to think there’s a lot of skill in this when there isn’t.

     

    - For example blackcannon tonight had Maryland -7.5 at half down 14 for Maryland to come back and outscore northwestern 51-26 in 2nd half to cover spread by 4. Call it skill but that is LUCK. LSU tonight up 10 with 1 min to go to not cover -3 because of a stupid offensive rebound with basically ZERO seconds on the shot clock and a MEANINGLESS shot to make it 84-82. this shit is all LUCK

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by mgrdoc:

    Hats off to you bro. Hope you make it. To gamble as a hobby fine, but what you were doing not cool.


    have to. Just started a great new career path in banking and reality is I can’t gamble for “fun” so many games I have lost due to degenerate action or unreal losses that leave me stunned as to how was that possible. Everything is all just luck but people can continue to think there’s a lot of skill in this when there isn’t.

     

    - For example blackcannon tonight had Maryland -7.5 at half down 14 for Maryland to come back and outscore northwestern 51-26 in 2nd half to cover spread by 4. Call it skill but that is LUCK. LSU tonight up 10 with 1 min to go to not cover -3 because of a stupid offensive rebound with basically ZERO seconds on the shot clock and a MEANINGLESS shot to make it 84-82. this shit is all LUCK

     
    rnunez91
    rnunez91
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 661
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 9:59 PM ET #10

    I never did parlays and only bet 1-3 games a day different times never games that played the same time. Bets between $100-300

    Reply

    I never did parlays and only bet 1-3 games a day different times never games that played the same time. Bets between $100-300

     
    rnunez91
    rnunez91
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 661
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 9:59 PM ET #11

    Love to see everyone united in this thread because we can all relate

    Reply

    Love to see everyone united in this thread because we can all relate

     
    TheSquare
    TheSquare
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 16398
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 10:00 PM ET #12

    The honest reality about the bettors on this forum who DO bet $1k+ amounts are probably:

    -retired OLDER PEOPLE (everything is paid off, they are living off pensions, retirement income) who earned their money from years of saving and NOT FROM SPORTS betting (hence a form of entertainment for them)

    -individuals who come from a wealthy background

    -Small business owners

    -people who have six figure/high paying jobs

    From the likes of it, you are still a young guy in his late 20's and don't fall into any of these categories so you should DEFINITELY scale back your betting size. It will definitely "humble" your azz by betting smaller amounts than before. When you bet smaller amounts, a win is great and a loss won't make you lose sleep. That's how gambling SHOULD BE. It doesn't affect your mood from winning or losing.

    "Schrödinger's bet." A bet that loses when you bet it but wins when you DON'T bet it...
    Reply

    The honest reality about the bettors on this forum who DO bet $1k+ amounts are probably:

    -retired OLDER PEOPLE (everything is paid off, they are living off pensions, retirement income) who earned their money from years of saving and NOT FROM SPORTS betting (hence a form of entertainment for them)

    -individuals who come from a wealthy background

    -Small business owners

    -people who have six figure/high paying jobs

    From the likes of it, you are still a young guy in his late 20's and don't fall into any of these categories so you should DEFINITELY scale back your betting size. It will definitely "humble" your azz by betting smaller amounts than before. When you bet smaller amounts, a win is great and a loss won't make you lose sleep. That's how gambling SHOULD BE. It doesn't affect your mood from winning or losing.

     
    rnunez91
    rnunez91
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 661
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 10:02 PM ET #13

    I get what everyone is saying but the FACT is there’s plenty of people on this forum who’s day to day lives are effected by gambling wether it’s effecting their job performance, relationship, effecting how you treat your family, effecting your life in more negative ways than positive and that is the pure truth. Some just are so into this that they deny it

    Reply

    I get what everyone is saying but the FACT is there’s plenty of people on this forum who’s day to day lives are effected by gambling wether it’s effecting their job performance, relationship, effecting how you treat your family, effecting your life in more negative ways than positive and that is the pure truth. Some just are so into this that they deny it

     
    rnunez91
    rnunez91
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 661
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 10:04 PM ET #14

    Square I get what you’re saying but that isn’t true. Theres plenty of gambling addicts who lose their cars, their house, their family, their jobs, borrow money to gamble, list goes on. It’s not only the people you are mentioning and that is a fact not an opinion what I’m saying. All you have to do is put on google “I have a gambling addiction” and you’ll read thousands of stories of people

    Reply

    Square I get what you’re saying but that isn’t true. Theres plenty of gambling addicts who lose their cars, their house, their family, their jobs, borrow money to gamble, list goes on. It’s not only the people you are mentioning and that is a fact not an opinion what I’m saying. All you have to do is put on google “I have a gambling addiction” and you’ll read thousands of stories of people

     
    monkeymark5
    monkeymark5
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2006
    Posts: 3569
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 10:06 PM ET #15

    Self awareness and accountability. 

    Probably best to quit if a bad beat sets your mood wrong. If you can’t laugh it off. Then probably not a good hobby to dabble in. 

    Bad beats happen to everyone. We remember the bad beats more. I’m sure we all been on the lucky side too. 
    Positive Thinking Movement
    Reply
    Self awareness and accountability. 

    Probably best to quit if a bad beat sets your mood wrong. If you can’t laugh it off. Then probably not a good hobby to dabble in. 

    Bad beats happen to everyone. We remember the bad beats more. I’m sure we all been on the lucky side too. 
     
    TheSquare
    TheSquare
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 16398
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 10:21 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by rnunez91:

    Love to see everyone united in this thread because we can all relate

    Sorry to say this but this isn' the first AND last time we will see/have seen a thread like this. Many people have contributed before to similar threads, it gets old and honestly, you already know the answer to your questions/doubt deep down inside. Some times, the only way to learn is to learn by the "hard way." an_lightthumbs_downan_eek2

    Off topic but ANOTHER thread that pops up EVERY season is some new person asking the forum (whatever it is, MLB, NBA, NFL, college), who the best capper is. It gets old, most don't respond to it and the ones who do, usually give the names of the bettors who are just bad at picking as a joke..an_roll_laugh

    "Schrödinger's bet." A bet that loses when you bet it but wins when you DON'T bet it...
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by rnunez91:

    Love to see everyone united in this thread because we can all relate

    Sorry to say this but this isn' the first AND last time we will see/have seen a thread like this. Many people have contributed before to similar threads, it gets old and honestly, you already know the answer to your questions/doubt deep down inside. Some times, the only way to learn is to learn by the "hard way." an_lightthumbs_downan_eek2

    Off topic but ANOTHER thread that pops up EVERY season is some new person asking the forum (whatever it is, MLB, NBA, NFL, college), who the best capper is. It gets old, most don't respond to it and the ones who do, usually give the names of the bettors who are just bad at picking as a joke..an_roll_laugh

     
    concavecapital
    concavecapital
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 4815
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 10:29 PM ET #17

    Nature of the “beast” that is sports gambling. Sounds like you had some bad beats tonight.   These things ARE going to happen.  My mentality when that happens is “glad I got that one out of the way.”  
    Boise state did something the other night hosting Utah state they FEW people will ever see.  down 18 with 3:30 left and down 5 with under 10 seconds left somehow went to overtime and won outright.  they were 99% to lose that game with a few mins left and the impossible happend.  shake it off bro.  just dont CHASE horrific beats.  the brain just doesn’t think clear at all 
    Reply
    Nature of the “beast” that is sports gambling. Sounds like you had some bad beats tonight.   These things ARE going to happen.  My mentality when that happens is “glad I got that one out of the way.”  
    Boise state did something the other night hosting Utah state they FEW people will ever see.  down 18 with 3:30 left and down 5 with under 10 seconds left somehow went to overtime and won outright.  they were 99% to lose that game with a few mins left and the impossible happend.  shake it off bro.  just dont CHASE horrific beats.  the brain just doesn’t think clear at all 
     
    Tien2262
    Tien2262
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 1660
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 10:36 PM ET #18

    See u tomorrow 

    Reply

    See u tomorrow 

     
    Egoodie
    Egoodie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2019
    Posts: 1450
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 10:45 PM ET #19

    PARLAY (2 TEAMS) to win $41.58

    Placed 01/21/2020 @ 11:43 PM

    Risk: $16.00 - Win: $41.58

    Utah State -14½-113

    Game Start 01/22/2020 @ 12:00 AM

    Wyoming +22-110

    Game Start 01/22/2020 @ 12:00 AM


    Bro put this parlay in and go to sleep..... check your account in the morning dont watch the games . Less stress . 

    Gman
    Reply

    PARLAY (2 TEAMS) to win $41.58

    Placed 01/21/2020 @ 11:43 PM

    Risk: $16.00 - Win: $41.58

    Utah State -14½-113

    Game Start 01/22/2020 @ 12:00 AM

    Wyoming +22-110

    Game Start 01/22/2020 @ 12:00 AM


    Bro put this parlay in and go to sleep..... check your account in the morning dont watch the games . Less stress . 

     
    Egoodie
    Egoodie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2019
    Posts: 1450
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2020 - 8:45 AM ET #20

    Boom!!!  Just woke up checked my account  . I made a profit . 
    Gman
    Reply
    Boom!!!  Just woke up checked my account  . I made a profit . 
     
    thetruth04
    thetruth04
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 755
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2020 - 9:25 AM ET #21

    I myself only play 1 to 3 games a night ($100-330 max) and I NEVER wager on multiple games that are happening at the same time, this way I can manage my bankroll. I also never play parlays or do teasers. These rules that I have set up for myself has kept gambling profitable for me for the last 10 years, as I'm a guy in my early 40's who quit my job to make gambling my full time job. Ofcourse I have my bad days and even weeks, but for the most part I try to stay consistent with my bankroll and wagers. My theory is that if I can make $ 100 to 200 a day with gambling at the end of 7 days that would be 700- $1400 a week, which at the end of the month would make me more then if I had a real job, well minus the stress lol.

    Reply

    I myself only play 1 to 3 games a night ($100-330 max) and I NEVER wager on multiple games that are happening at the same time, this way I can manage my bankroll. I also never play parlays or do teasers. These rules that I have set up for myself has kept gambling profitable for me for the last 10 years, as I'm a guy in my early 40's who quit my job to make gambling my full time job. Ofcourse I have my bad days and even weeks, but for the most part I try to stay consistent with my bankroll and wagers. My theory is that if I can make $ 100 to 200 a day with gambling at the end of 7 days that would be 700- $1400 a week, which at the end of the month would make me more then if I had a real job, well minus the stress lol.

     
    RSampsell
    RSampsell
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 678
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2020 - 10:09 AM ET #22

    Money management is a must!    I have won some big bets in the early 1990's …. for me they were big bets anyways.  Won big on Duke in 1992 when I bet them to win it all.   Little did I know at the time they would have to beat UK with the miracle shot of college basketball. (Of course they still had Indiana and the Fab five in front of them to for me to win eventually).  At least I was smart enough to pay off my home after the Duke win.  Its not losing that gets you addicted  … its the winning.   Doubling up when losing is a big no-no. You will never win overall doing that. So much pressure when your trying to decide who to play to get back what you lost earlier when you went 0-3 … now trying to triple up on a game because its on TV.  It was great when you do "get it back" before giving it back later. Now that I have 35+ years of betting under my belt I have had unbelievable winning and losing streaks. Keeping your plays within reason of your bankroll is what makes it entertaining now, for me anyways.  As an earlier post said …. I too have set aside so much a month I can afford to lose …. when I lose it I quit until the following month.  Anytime I double my money I cash 50% out then keep playing until I double up and cash in again until I lose back my last 50% then its break time until the next month regardless if I am ahead or behind.  Same ole same ole ….. BIGGES rule of all  …. don't risk what you cant afford to lose.     

    Lead, Follow or get the hell out of the way
    Reply

    Money management is a must!    I have won some big bets in the early 1990's …. for me they were big bets anyways.  Won big on Duke in 1992 when I bet them to win it all.   Little did I know at the time they would have to beat UK with the miracle shot of college basketball. (Of course they still had Indiana and the Fab five in front of them to for me to win eventually).  At least I was smart enough to pay off my home after the Duke win.  Its not losing that gets you addicted  … its the winning.   Doubling up when losing is a big no-no. You will never win overall doing that. So much pressure when your trying to decide who to play to get back what you lost earlier when you went 0-3 … now trying to triple up on a game because its on TV.  It was great when you do "get it back" before giving it back later. Now that I have 35+ years of betting under my belt I have had unbelievable winning and losing streaks. Keeping your plays within reason of your bankroll is what makes it entertaining now, for me anyways.  As an earlier post said …. I too have set aside so much a month I can afford to lose …. when I lose it I quit until the following month.  Anytime I double my money I cash 50% out then keep playing until I double up and cash in again until I lose back my last 50% then its break time until the next month regardless if I am ahead or behind.  Same ole same ole ….. BIGGES rule of all  …. don't risk what you cant afford to lose.     

     
    RSampsell
    RSampsell
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 678
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2020 - 10:12 AM ET #23

    I apologize for not proof reading before posting.

    Lead, Follow or get the hell out of the way
    Reply

    I apologize for not proof reading before posting.

     
    gambling-devil
    gambling-devil
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 18584
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2020 - 11:55 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by RSampsell:

    don't risk what you cant afford to lose.

    For me, it is not the money. I win some and lose some.

    My wife does not like me to gamble because of the risks involved. The only reason I would (could) quit is the fear of losing my family. I have been try to practice gaming less and control the risks. Hopefully that works out well. The best solution is to stop completely but I haven't been able to do that.

    Good luck guys.

    Every day out of the red is a big win.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by RSampsell:

    don't risk what you cant afford to lose.

    For me, it is not the money. I win some and lose some.

    My wife does not like me to gamble because of the risks involved. The only reason I would (could) quit is the fear of losing my family. I have been try to practice gaming less and control the risks. Hopefully that works out well. The best solution is to stop completely but I haven't been able to do that.

    Good luck guys.

     
     
    Puerta2Puerta
    Puerta2Puerta
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2019
    Posts: 8110
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2020 - 1:44 PM ET #25

    I’m 30.. with almost a year of gambling in feb. i had beginners luck where I was winning $50 bets on nba. March madness came around and lost a little. Then made it back with the nba playoffs and took a break until football started. Took a break again after October because I was taking a couple of beatings. Started parlaying in December and taking a few nba games and had some incredible weeks.. then lost it late December and have been having a couple of solid weeks. It’s a up and down battle and I’ve learned to not let it interfere with my personal life. I only place $100 bets at most. I’m still getting the hang of it and have learned to never chase bad beatings. So yea gambling sometimes is a fun and not so fun hobby. Just don’t let it interfere with your personal life if it’s affecting you negatively because you’re losing.

    Reply

    I’m 30.. with almost a year of gambling in feb. i had beginners luck where I was winning $50 bets on nba. March madness came around and lost a little. Then made it back with the nba playoffs and took a break until football started. Took a break again after October because I was taking a couple of beatings. Started parlaying in December and taking a few nba games and had some incredible weeks.. then lost it late December and have been having a couple of solid weeks. It’s a up and down battle and I’ve learned to not let it interfere with my personal life. I only place $100 bets at most. I’m still getting the hang of it and have learned to never chase bad beatings. So yea gambling sometimes is a fun and not so fun hobby. Just don’t let it interfere with your personal life if it’s affecting you negatively because you’re losing.

    All Forums | College Basketball
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,394
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 687
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,333
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,543
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,822
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,496
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,228
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,872
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,149
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,847

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.