Wireless Network issue
But in this instance, after I was able to reset both the modem and router and configure them both, I was able to either get online hardwired or wireless for very brief moments at a time.
The problem somehow corrected itself after a few days b/c all of a sudden I was able to use wireless both on my laptops and my phone. I'll either put the blame on the dsl line or possibly a faulty router (it is pretty old).
Lipps - can you recommend a good wireless N router (both single and dual band)? Have seen some deals recently on some.
But in this instance, after I was able to reset both the modem and router and configure them both, I was able to either get online hardwired or wireless for very brief moments at a time.
The problem somehow corrected itself after a few days b/c all of a sudden I was able to use wireless both on my laptops and my phone. I'll either put the blame on the dsl line or possibly a faulty router (it is pretty old).
Lipps - can you recommend a good wireless N router (both single and dual band)? Have seen some deals recently on some.
I prefer Linksys, although Netgear or D-link are just as good.
Personally I would say the Linksys E3200. You can get it new for $135 or a Refurb from the Linksys store for $80.
I don't have a problem with the Linksys store refurb stuff at all.
I prefer Linksys, although Netgear or D-link are just as good.
Personally I would say the Linksys E3200. You can get it new for $135 or a Refurb from the Linksys store for $80.
I don't have a problem with the Linksys store refurb stuff at all.
What's all this dd-wrt and tomato talk?
What's all this dd-wrt and tomato talk?
What's all this dd-wrt and tomato talk?
Ah, that's the fun geek stuff you can do with some older Linksys routers. But you can use it with some other also, it's just the Linksys routers are the ones that are usually used. You can overwrite the firmware to make them into page servers and other geeky things.
Here is link for the Tomato Firmware projects
What's all this dd-wrt and tomato talk?
Ah, that's the fun geek stuff you can do with some older Linksys routers. But you can use it with some other also, it's just the Linksys routers are the ones that are usually used. You can overwrite the firmware to make them into page servers and other geeky things.
Here is link for the Tomato Firmware projects
Thanks Lipps, I'll look into it more later tonight. I have a Linksys at the moment, but dd-wrt and tomato are probably a bit much for the normal home user huh?
Yeah, you wouldn't get much out of it. It's really for the tinkering type and ones that want to use the routers for more than they were made for. Business enviroments and such.
Any certain reason you want a dual band router. A N router will do just fine for almost all users. Just make sure your devices connecting to the N router are N also.
Thanks Lipps, I'll look into it more later tonight. I have a Linksys at the moment, but dd-wrt and tomato are probably a bit much for the normal home user huh?
Yeah, you wouldn't get much out of it. It's really for the tinkering type and ones that want to use the routers for more than they were made for. Business enviroments and such.
Any certain reason you want a dual band router. A N router will do just fine for almost all users. Just make sure your devices connecting to the N router are N also.
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
