• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Technology

    Torrents

    «First Previous 12
    rick3117
    Lippsman
    bfskate26
    Anent
    KobeMVP
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3017
    Posts: 39
    «First Previous 12
     
    rick3117
    rick3117
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 14715
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2010 - 2:30 PM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by Anent:

    Lippsman

    thanks.  was wondering how all that worked.

    rick3117

    mind if friend you so i can send a personal message? 

     

    Sure bud

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Anent:

    Lippsman

    thanks.  was wondering how all that worked.

    rick3117

    mind if friend you so i can send a personal message? 

     

    Sure bud

     
    rick3117
    rick3117
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 14715
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2010 - 9:52 AM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by misfit_aka:

    question: what do you download from torrents..besides movies, anything else?


    I get a lot of audio books, E-Books Music, movies TV Shows PC games and Web Design Software. 

    If you look hard enough there is just about everything out there.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit_aka:

    question: what do you download from torrents..besides movies, anything else?


    I get a lot of audio books, E-Books Music, movies TV Shows PC games and Web Design Software. 

    If you look hard enough there is just about everything out there.
     
    Lippsman
    Lippsman
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2001
    Posts: 87445
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2010 - 11:21 AM ET #28

    I get tons of magazines and shows that don't use HULU,  I will download. .  Any software I will pony up the cash for it though.  Well depending on what it is.  Anything business I want to have the legit software.  But play stuff I will sometimes snag.
    Reply
    I get tons of magazines and shows that don't use HULU,  I will download. .  Any software I will pony up the cash for it though.  Well depending on what it is.  Anything business I want to have the legit software.  But play stuff I will sometimes snag.
     
    rick3117
    rick3117
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 14715
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2010 - 12:57 PM ET #29

    If I ever had to do stuff for work, I would purchase the software, but I am in college now and will be damned if I shell out thousands of dollars for Adobe products, and stuff like Crystal Reports, that I most likely will never use again.

    Where is a good site for magazines? 
    Reply
    If I ever had to do stuff for work, I would purchase the software, but I am in college now and will be damned if I shell out thousands of dollars for Adobe products, and stuff like Crystal Reports, that I most likely will never use again.

    Where is a good site for magazines? 
     
    Lippsman
    Lippsman
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2001
    Posts: 87445
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2010 - 1:21 PM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by rick3117:

    If I ever had to do stuff for work, I would purchase the software, but I am in college now and will be damned if I shell out thousands of dollars for Adobe products, and stuff like Crystal Reports, that I most likely will never use again.

    Where is a good site for magazines? 

    Ahhhhh....college......I remember downloading.....uh.....well there was no internet as you know it then.....LOL...But I did get a shit load of stuff off the BBS'.  And my 300 baud modem kicked ass.

    You did have that fake internet stuff like Compuserve and Q-link.  Nothing like paying $15 an hour after 7:00 PM.

    Anyway.....Demonoid has a good number of magazines on there. Just pound down to books and sub it to magazines.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by rick3117:

    If I ever had to do stuff for work, I would purchase the software, but I am in college now and will be damned if I shell out thousands of dollars for Adobe products, and stuff like Crystal Reports, that I most likely will never use again.

    Where is a good site for magazines? 

    Ahhhhh....college......I remember downloading.....uh.....well there was no internet as you know it then.....LOL...But I did get a shit load of stuff off the BBS'.  And my 300 baud modem kicked ass.

    You did have that fake internet stuff like Compuserve and Q-link.  Nothing like paying $15 an hour after 7:00 PM.

    Anyway.....Demonoid has a good number of magazines on there. Just pound down to books and sub it to magazines.

     
    bfskate26
    bfskate26
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 361
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2010 - 2:36 PM ET #31

    do you guys consider downloading software and such using torrents safe...I currently only run the virus scan system my college provides...would you guys suggest getting additional protection to download more using torrents?
    Reply
    do you guys consider downloading software and such using torrents safe...I currently only run the virus scan system my college provides...would you guys suggest getting additional protection to download more using torrents?
     
    Anent
    Anent
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 9124
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2010 - 3:35 PM ET #32

    i never thought of getting magazines that way?  I wonder if you can find Layers on these sites?


    Reply
    i never thought of getting magazines that way?  I wonder if you can find Layers on these sites?


     
    rick3117
    rick3117
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 14715
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2010 - 4:16 PM ET #33

    I currently have AVG (free anti virus (just as good as the pay ones)).

    Norton (through my internet provider)  although I have wondered at times if they monitor the traffic through their proprietary "optimization software" that is bundled with the Norton tools. 

    And Ad-Aware. 

    I am in the process of getting an IP mask, and some further security for my network. 

    I am very paranoid since I download a shit ton of stuff.  All the Showtime, HBO, and Starz shows like dexter, and boardwalk empire, not to mention software video games, books and music. 



    Lipps ,  if you know anyone who would give me an invite to Demonoid when they accept invitations again I would really appreciate it.
    Reply
    I currently have AVG (free anti virus (just as good as the pay ones)).

    Norton (through my internet provider)  although I have wondered at times if they monitor the traffic through their proprietary "optimization software" that is bundled with the Norton tools. 

    And Ad-Aware. 

    I am in the process of getting an IP mask, and some further security for my network. 

    I am very paranoid since I download a shit ton of stuff.  All the Showtime, HBO, and Starz shows like dexter, and boardwalk empire, not to mention software video games, books and music. 



    Lipps ,  if you know anyone who would give me an invite to Demonoid when they accept invitations again I would really appreciate it.
     
    bfskate26
    bfskate26
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 361
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2010 - 7:04 PM ET #34

    Rick, how are you going about getting an IP mask?
    Reply
    Rick, how are you going about getting an IP mask?
     
    rick3117
    rick3117
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 14715
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2010 - 11:11 PM ET #35

    Still looking for a good program,  There are some on Download.com, but they all seem to slow down browsing, (which is understandable),

    You can read about them
    Reply
    Still looking for a good program,  There are some on Download.com, but they all seem to slow down browsing, (which is understandable),

    You can read about them
     
    KobeMVP
    KobeMVP
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 839
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2010 - 1:36 PM ET #36

    Can anyone here help installing downloaded PC game...?

    I am new at downloading games, been getting movies and tv shows for a long time now...

    I recently downloaded Fallout 3 and saw i had to use winrar and then mount the image in order to play it...

    So i use winrar, then Daemon Tools to mount the image... It appears to be installed and i get to the title screen... Once there i can hear some background music, all seems to be working... I click start the screen goes black like its about to load and then it crashes and says an error occured and asks if want to send error report... What sounds wrong here...? am i missing something...?
    Reply
    Can anyone here help installing downloaded PC game...?

    I am new at downloading games, been getting movies and tv shows for a long time now...

    I recently downloaded Fallout 3 and saw i had to use winrar and then mount the image in order to play it...

    So i use winrar, then Daemon Tools to mount the image... It appears to be installed and i get to the title screen... Once there i can hear some background music, all seems to be working... I click start the screen goes black like its about to load and then it crashes and says an error occured and asks if want to send error report... What sounds wrong here...? am i missing something...?
     
    dillon24
    dillon24
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 9209
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2010 - 12:20 PM ET #37

    I'm just trying to download some Howard TV.  Cannot get digital cable
    Reply
    I'm just trying to download some Howard TV.  Cannot get digital cable
     
    Lippsman
    Lippsman
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2001
    Posts: 87445
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2010 - 5:47 PM ET #38

    I think Demonoid has some howard TV on it.
    Reply
    I think Demonoid has some howard TV on it.
     
     
    tampa85
    tampa85
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 362
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2010 - 4:55 PM ET #39

    I shut people off all day long for torrents. Get on the newsgroups/NZB's or your asking for it 
    Reply
    I shut people off all day long for torrents. Get on the newsgroups/NZB's or your asking for it 
    All Forums | Technology
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,153
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 268,854
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,693
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 32,988
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 655
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,279
    • Trump's legacy? 33,921
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,977
    • MLB Playoffs 4,281
    • Saturday College 7,577

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.