Search forums
Search model icon

Liberalism is a mental disorder

Participants:
Views: 201
Posts: 101
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2016
Posts: 11912
Posted: #1

So now math is apparently white supremacist? This is what's being pushed. I just said to my wife that I think it's a punk. There are members of academia purposely writing bullshit papers and putting them up for review just to see if people will fall it. Just to point out that we are collectively losing it. It's no different than the bullshit ebonics theory they tried to push when I was in school. It was bullshit then and it's bullshit now. Math is the universal language. It is the most unbiased scholastic subject race has no bearing on it's mastery. I pulled straight A's all the way through Calculus while in high school. This is what happens when uppity democrats (often white) get useless degrees from liberal arts colleges. They write papers about math being white supremacist. It's an insult.

Say what you will about conservatives. Say that they are racist but it seams that increasingly, as a party, they are saying to minorities, "We welcome you. We believe in you." and the democrats are saying, "You're not good enough. You need us because you are not good enough." My people, my people.... Get off the plantation. I'm not saying go full Candace Owens but start holding liberals accountable for racist bullshit like this.

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2012
Posts: 6180
Posted: #2

Since you listed no links nor pointed to any specific written story, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Therefore I have no meaningful way to agree with any part of wht you are saying.

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2012
Posts: 6180
Posted: #3

Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

This is what happens when uppity democrats (often white) get useless degrees from liberal arts colleges. They write papers about math being white supremacist.

 

Further, it should be pointed out - REGARDLESS whether it is accurate or not -

the way that statement above is worded  is definitely  bigotted.

 

In fact, even your chose thread headline is  bigotted.

 

And I expect you (or someone else) will post back that "you don't care"

but bigotry is "an insult"  -- every bit as much as that to which you claim to be insulted.

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2016
Posts: 11912
Posted: #4

@fubah2

The title for for effect, because tox always uses that phrase or something similar. His exact wording escapes me. As far as links, it was from a story on the local news but you're quite versed in the interweb for a man your age. I'm sure if you typed "Math White Supracist" in  your search engine of choice something would pop up. I'm going to give Ask Jeeves a try.

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2002
Posts: 13299
Posted: #5

I saw the story last week. Too lazy to search for it now.

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: May, 2009
Posts: 5975
Posted: #6

I read (don't know where) that math was racist as well. As far as I can tell common sense seems to be the problem.

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2016
Posts: 11912
Posted: #7

https://www.google.com/amp/s/katu.com/amp/news/local/debate-emerges-over-racism-and-white-supremacy-in-math-instruction

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2016
Posts: 11912
Posted: #8

Here is a story from February from the the same network that produced the story I saw on TV today and from which this rant was started.

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2012
Posts: 6180
Posted: #9

Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

@fubah2 The title for for effect, because tox always uses that phrase or something similar. His exact wording escapes me. As far as links, it was from a story on the local news but you're quite versed in the interweb for a man your age. I'm sure if you typed "Math White Supracist" in  your search engine of choice something would pop up. I'm going to give Ask Jeeves a try.

 

Ok. Fair enough.  peace_5

Done a search and found fractured pieces of story, only on far rightwing websites, referring to ONE professor.

If accurate, then that ONE professor is an AS-HOLE and probably a bigot!

 

However, just like we should NOT allow the actions of a handful of bad cops to paint *ALL* cops as racist-murderers, which would be the definition of bigotry, we must not also allow the stupid assinine statements of one (or maybe 2 or 3) teachers/professors to paint *ALL* Liberals as having some mental disorder.  That would be bigotry, and every bit as bad or perhaps WORSE, than the alleged musings of some dumbass attention-seeker professor.

In effect I am agreeing with you. It's an insult.

But bigotry is worse.

Please, my respected forum colleague, don't go down the same path as Detox with his bigotted "Liberalism is a mental disorder" canard.

It creates the perception that YOU are a bigot like him.....and I don't want to believe that. peace_5

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2016
Posts: 11912
Posted: #10

@fubah2

 And can you point out how exactly anything I said is bigoted? I'm sorry if I offended any useless 17th century women's studies PhDs from Oberlin perusing this site.

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2012
Posts: 6180
Posted: #11

Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

@fubah2  And can you point out how exactly anything I said is bigoted? I'm sorry if I offended any useless 17th century women's studies PhDs from Oberlin perusing this site.

 

Explained in my immediate post above  peace_5

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2016
Posts: 11912
Posted: #12

@fubah2

 It seems like a slow news day follow up of a story from earlier in the year. I hope this it isn't getting much traction but even notions hurt. What notions like this do is tell little black and brown children that they aren't good enough to learn math as it has been taught for thousands of years. (Even though Nigerians excel in STEM subjects) They tried the same thing with ebonics when I was a school age child. It's a crock and stuff like this is usually born from some post graduate paper by some dipshit with a worthless degree, or some tenured member of academia trying to remain relevant.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2013
Posts: 1772
Posted: #13

Shiiiiit

Everyone knows them damn numerators have had their boots on the necks of us denominators for far too long!

Can I get an Amen

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2016
Posts: 11912
Posted: #14

@fubah2

 I don't actually believe all liberals have a mental disorder but there are a lot of harmful theories being proposed by liberal post-grads, professors, etc. And it's getting ridiculous. This is dangerous. These are the people who will be teaching our children, and the people who are teaching the people who will be teaching our children. And there are a lot of scary ideas being floated around. Call tox racist but he's never made such assertions. Quite the contrary. If anything tox is always saying "Black people can be just as successful as anyone else. Here are some example. It starts in the home. It starts with education." He's right. I don't agree with him on everything. And he tends to black and white (no pun intended), he tends to black and white a lot of very nuanced subjects but he's never said black and brown people aren't smart enough to learn math.

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2016
Posts: 11912
Posted: #15

Quote Originally Posted by Doja45:

Shiiiiit Everyone knows them damn numerators have had their boots on the necks of us denominators for far too long! Can I get an Amen

Preach! Please excuse my dear aunt Sally. She's too busy watching Soul Plane for a²+b²=c³

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2012
Posts: 6180
Posted: #16

Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

@fubah2  It seems like a slow news day follow up of a story from earlier in the year. I hope this it isn't getting much traction but even notions hurt. What notions like this do is tell little black and brown children that they aren't good enough to learn math as it has been taught for thousands of years. (Even though Nigerians excel in STEM subjects) They tried the same thing with ebonics when I was a school age child. It's a crock and stuff like this is usually born from some post graduate paper by some dipshit with a worthless degree, or some tenured member of academia trying to remain relevant.

 

Ok. Perhaps.

And if that "math rhetoric" were to actually become a reality in schools  (rather than at this point just another rightwing conspiracy theory about what MIGHT happen)  then yeah, I would be damn upset too!!  

But I am not going to portray ALL, or most, or even a significant percentage of democrats or liberals as holding those same assinine beliefs.  That's just wrong.  We should hold accountable the specific individuals, only.

 

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2016
Posts: 11912
Posted: #17

Quote Originally Posted by fubah2:

Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: @fubah2  It seems like a slow news day follow up of a story from earlier in the year. I hope this it isn't getting much traction but even notions hurt. What notions like this do is tell little black and brown children that they aren't good enough to learn math as it has been taught for thousands of years. (Even though Nigerians excel in STEM subjects) They tried the same thing with ebonics when I was a school age child. It's a crock and stuff like this is usually born from some post graduate paper by some dipshit with a worthless degree, or some tenured member of academia trying to remain relevant.   Ok. Perhaps. And if that "math rhetoric" were to actually become a reality in schools  (rather than at this point just another rightwing conspiracy theory about what MIGHT happen)  then yeah, I would be damn upset too!!   But I am not going to portray ALL, or most, or even a significant percentage of democrats or liberals as holding those same assinine beliefs.  That's just wrong.  We should hold accountable the specific individuals, only.

This story didn't originate as a right wing conspiracy theory. Those sites have just ran with it. This is really being pushed. How much traction it gets will remain to be seen.

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2012
Posts: 6180
Posted: #18

Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

I don't actually believe all liberals have a mental disorder but there are a lot of harmful theories being proposed by liberal post-grads, professors, etc.

OK.  Yeah, perhaps.

Though let's be fair

a/  not all people preaching these alleged "harmful theories" (in education) are Liberals....nor are all of them Democrats.  We should call out those INDIVIDUALS who promote that garbage, sure, but we must resist the bigotry and label them as Dem or Lib or ?? and then hold that entire group accountable for the lunacy of one or two. 

b/  "harmful theories" is a subjective term.  Now I may even agree with some or all of your points on each separate "harmful theory" but we both must remember that it would still amount to an opinion on the value of those theories.  Where you and I might feel righteous, perhaps many others feel the opposite.  IOW, it is NOT an objective fact.  Mind you, that said, your worries could very well be foretellin and ultimately accurate!!  Much like our worries that the Marjorie Taylor Greenes of the GOP are going to take over the party and ultimately seize power -  just like Hitler did 90 years ago.

c/  at this point, we must recognize that this is another story, being inflated by rightwingmedia, to sensationalize the warped BS from ONE stupid professor (or two) in order to try and stoke fear and paint the entire liberal/democratic movement in a bad light (bigotry)

"They are coming for you!! OMG! an_speechless  The Liberals are this and the Democrats are that!  THEY ALL MEAN TO HURT YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN DELIBERATELY!  They are all communist terrorists and pedophiles! an_getaway  BE AFRAID OF ALL LIBERALS AND DEMOCRATS!!! "

 

That's the crux of what I hear bleeting frequently (not all the time, but a LOT!) from FOX NEWS, OAN and partisan rightwing websites -- like the ones sundance likes to quote from.

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2012
Posts: 6180
Posted: #19

Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

This story didn't originate as a right wing conspiracy theory. Those sites have just ran with it. This is really being pushed. How much traction it gets will remain to be seen.

 

Ok.

And from my search,  the story is being "pushed" by the rightwing PARTISAN media for any and all effect they can get to stoke outrage and/or fear.

Just last week the same effing websites and cable news channels and dumbphuck GOP politicians were running profusely with the story that Joe Biden was going to STEAL everybody's hamburgers.  

Turns out the story was a bigass "nothing-burger"    LOL

 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2011
Posts: 23305
Posted: #20

If you say that liberals have a mental disorder I will cry in my soup 

I also reserve the right to call trump supporters Nazi, fascist, racists

an_laughliberal logic 

 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2011
Posts: 23305
Posted: #21

I’m old enough to remember when a New Jersey professor suggested on a TV program that racism and President Donald Trump’s policies are responsible for black female obesity.

Rutgers University women’s and gender studies professor Brittney Cooper made the argument during an appearance on “Black Women OWN the Conversation” on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. 

peace_5

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2012
Posts: 6180
Posted: #22

Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

If you say that liberals have a mental disorder I will cry in my soup  I also reserve the right to call trump supporters Nazi, fascist, racists liberal logic

most trump supporters ARE supporting fascism and most are racist.

Therefore saying so is accurate.  < -----  MODERATE logic.

 

"Liberalism is a mental disorder"  =  effing bigotry!

And 9/11 denialism  is terrorist logic.

 

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2012
Posts: 6180
Posted: #23

Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

I’m old enough to remember when a New Jersey professor suggested on a TV program that racism and President Donald Trump’s policies are responsible for black female obesity. Rutgers University women’s and gender studies professor Brittney Cooper made the argument during an appearance on “Black Women OWN the Conversation” on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

 

"Liberalism is a mental disorder" = effing bigotry!  an_light

And 9/11 denialism is terrorist logic.

 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2011
Posts: 23305
Posted: #24

You probably can’t see it because you suffer from the mental disorder. Unfortunately that’s how most mental disorders work. 

Hopefully you’ll get some help. 

The first step is admitting that you have a problem. 

I wish you luck in your recovery peace_5

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2012
Posts: 6180
Posted: #25

Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

You probably can’t see it because you suffer from the mental disorder. Unfortunately that’s how most mental disorders work.  Hopefully you’ll get some help.  The first step is admitting that you have a problem.  I wish you luck in your recovery

 

Coming from an anti-American 9/11 denialist, expect nothing more than more insults.

 

 

Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo