Posted:
#1
Before I begin, 'eh, I wanted to share a classic SCTV sketch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184
Thank the Lord (and Lord Stanley, too), and Barry Melrose's never fading mullet that the puck has finally dropped on a new season of NHL hockey!
I really like the Wild tonight over an Avalanche squad that really struggled during the preseason -- a -12 goal differential that left them in the basement of the Western Conference central division. Conversely, Minnesota scored 17 goals and allowed 17 goals to finish just behind the Dallas Stars.
Yes, I know, I know, one should never make too much out of preseason games in any professional sport. And, yes, it took seven games for the Wild to oust the Avalanche from the playoffs last year.
Yet also recall that Minnesota then fought hard in six games against the Blackhawks.
My only concern is recent line movement, which appears to be moving in Colorado's favor. In fact, my online sportsbook has the Wild priced at -123 as of this post.
However, if I believed that line movement always dictated the victor I'd be a fool. A real hoser!
