• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    week VI tech angles

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    DogbiteWilliams
    Indigo999
    lmb4321
    jowchoo
    RebelTell2
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4950
    Posts: 127
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6482
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2022 - 7:05 PM ET #76

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999:

    This year, one could basically say "give me all the dogs" and you would be sitting pretty.  Even publicly bet dogs this year have done well, which historically they haven't.  Since 2014 in the NFL dogs have done very well, as I've mentioned numerous times. Away non-divisional dogs with a winning percentage above 500 have hit 48% of the time since 1989, and approximately 50% recently Alternatively, non-divisional dogs under 500 have hit around 52%, and 53% recently...of course it is much easier to back a team that looks decent on the field than one who doesn't........we are basically betting against the sportsbooks and other bettors..... they are watching the same games as we are.  I postulate that as bettors we'd be more successful if we watched less or no games, rather than watching them all. Plays with public betting percentages (NOT the money bet) next to them.....public around 75% of the time will bet OVERs. Thursday nights have not been too good for me this far...have gone 1-2 ATS the last three TNF games, somehow getting the cover in my first two unit bet of the season last week on the Colts.  Those two losses were on publicly bet underdogs, so have made a mental note that I will not be betting public dogs in MNF, SNF and TNF games, including the Cowboys this week who are a HUGE publicly bet underdog versus the Eagles.                                                          King of Covers                   VSIN 5)  Chargers/Broncos UNDER 45'                 59%                         76% 6)  Colts/Jaguars UNDER 42'                       53%                         63% 7)  Eagles/Cowboys UNDER 42                   46%                          34% 4)  Jets +7'                                               56%                          63% 3)  Jaguars +1                                          37%                          53% 2)  Patriots +3                                          52%                          52% 1)  Commanders pik                                  35%                          36%   A lot of people on the Jets bandwagon, or perhaps they've hopped off of Green Bay's.

     

    That has been my experience.  Last year was my best handicapping year ever with the least amount of viewing.

    Watching games can sometimes influence you too much.  Imagine how most of the general public reacted to the BUF-KC playoff finale.  I bet most of the bettors I refer to as crippled by Zombie GroupThink felt that Mahomes looked absolutely unstoppable against BUF and so took them against CIN.  Oops. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999:

    This year, one could basically say "give me all the dogs" and you would be sitting pretty.  Even publicly bet dogs this year have done well, which historically they haven't.  Since 2014 in the NFL dogs have done very well, as I've mentioned numerous times. Away non-divisional dogs with a winning percentage above 500 have hit 48% of the time since 1989, and approximately 50% recently Alternatively, non-divisional dogs under 500 have hit around 52%, and 53% recently...of course it is much easier to back a team that looks decent on the field than one who doesn't........we are basically betting against the sportsbooks and other bettors..... they are watching the same games as we are.  I postulate that as bettors we'd be more successful if we watched less or no games, rather than watching them all. Plays with public betting percentages (NOT the money bet) next to them.....public around 75% of the time will bet OVERs. Thursday nights have not been too good for me this far...have gone 1-2 ATS the last three TNF games, somehow getting the cover in my first two unit bet of the season last week on the Colts.  Those two losses were on publicly bet underdogs, so have made a mental note that I will not be betting public dogs in MNF, SNF and TNF games, including the Cowboys this week who are a HUGE publicly bet underdog versus the Eagles.                                                          King of Covers                   VSIN 5)  Chargers/Broncos UNDER 45'                 59%                         76% 6)  Colts/Jaguars UNDER 42'                       53%                         63% 7)  Eagles/Cowboys UNDER 42                   46%                          34% 4)  Jets +7'                                               56%                          63% 3)  Jaguars +1                                          37%                          53% 2)  Patriots +3                                          52%                          52% 1)  Commanders pik                                  35%                          36%   A lot of people on the Jets bandwagon, or perhaps they've hopped off of Green Bay's.

     

    That has been my experience.  Last year was my best handicapping year ever with the least amount of viewing.

    Watching games can sometimes influence you too much.  Imagine how most of the general public reacted to the BUF-KC playoff finale.  I bet most of the bettors I refer to as crippled by Zombie GroupThink felt that Mahomes looked absolutely unstoppable against BUF and so took them against CIN.  Oops. 

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2022 - 7:19 PM ET #77

    Quote Originally Posted by hart31:

    Commanders tonight?

    Ja, Carson Wentz is gonna throw for 5 TDs and 5 interceptions as the Commanders convert the two point conversion with no time left to win 39-38....saw it in my tea leaves.....an_light.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by hart31:

    Commanders tonight?

    Ja, Carson Wentz is gonna throw for 5 TDs and 5 interceptions as the Commanders convert the two point conversion with no time left to win 39-38....saw it in my tea leaves.....an_light.

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2022 - 7:25 PM ET #78

    Quote Originally Posted by hoody:

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999: Quote Originally Posted by Bucksfan92: @Indigo999  hey I was just pondering on this, is it possible to look up teams that have multiple non covers vs teams with consecutive covers ats? My uncle says the more non covers in a row vs covers the better. I'm thinking he's just gotten lucky on the select games he bets lol   After a point spread losing streak of greater than 4 games, you are in a losing proposition backing those teams.      A team off a loss with a line between -6.5 and 6.5 with a point spread losing streak of 0 to 4 games since 2014. Home favorites....39-61 ATS.......VERSUS Browns Away favorites.....20-18 ATS Away dogs..........67-40 ATS......ON Jaguars, Broncos Home dogs.........50-32 ATS......Dolphins INDIGO I think he may be looking for something like this p:ATSL and pp:ATSL and ppp:ATSL and line>-3.5 and op:ATSW and opp:ATSW and team and season>=2017       or this , not bad p:ATSL and pp:ATSL and ppp:ATSL and line>-3.5 and op:ATSW and opp:ATSW and season>=2017 and you can put the week<8 , still good

    Ja, looks good, too bad there's no plays this week with it.

    SDQL is got to be the best thing ever for you Hoody....keeps you occupied in that workshop of yours in the basement so you can't be bothered creating  a Frankenstein's monster or other menaces to society....lol.  

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by hoody:

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999: Quote Originally Posted by Bucksfan92: @Indigo999  hey I was just pondering on this, is it possible to look up teams that have multiple non covers vs teams with consecutive covers ats? My uncle says the more non covers in a row vs covers the better. I'm thinking he's just gotten lucky on the select games he bets lol   After a point spread losing streak of greater than 4 games, you are in a losing proposition backing those teams.      A team off a loss with a line between -6.5 and 6.5 with a point spread losing streak of 0 to 4 games since 2014. Home favorites....39-61 ATS.......VERSUS Browns Away favorites.....20-18 ATS Away dogs..........67-40 ATS......ON Jaguars, Broncos Home dogs.........50-32 ATS......Dolphins INDIGO I think he may be looking for something like this p:ATSL and pp:ATSL and ppp:ATSL and line>-3.5 and op:ATSW and opp:ATSW and team and season>=2017       or this , not bad p:ATSL and pp:ATSL and ppp:ATSL and line>-3.5 and op:ATSW and opp:ATSW and season>=2017 and you can put the week<8 , still good

    Ja, looks good, too bad there's no plays this week with it.

    SDQL is got to be the best thing ever for you Hoody....keeps you occupied in that workshop of yours in the basement so you can't be bothered creating  a Frankenstein's monster or other menaces to society....lol.  

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2022 - 7:27 PM ET #79

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    That has been my experience.  Last year was my best handicapping year ever with the least amount of viewing. Watching games can sometimes influence you too much.  Imagine how most of the general public reacted to the BUF-KC playoff finale.  I bet most of the bettors I refer to as crippled by Zombie GroupThink felt that Mahomes looked absolutely unstoppable against BUF and so took them against CIN.  Oops.

     

    I agree, though it is sooooooo so damn fun and agonizing at the same time to watch those games......peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    That has been my experience.  Last year was my best handicapping year ever with the least amount of viewing. Watching games can sometimes influence you too much.  Imagine how most of the general public reacted to the BUF-KC playoff finale.  I bet most of the bettors I refer to as crippled by Zombie GroupThink felt that Mahomes looked absolutely unstoppable against BUF and so took them against CIN.  Oops.

     

    I agree, though it is sooooooo so damn fun and agonizing at the same time to watch those games......peace_5

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2022 - 11:16 PM ET #80

    Well, I don't know which one was worse this game or the Indy/Denver game last week.

     

    We are grateful for the win as the Bears', (and the Broncos') kryponite is inside the red zone.....the Bears should have been running Fields all over creation creating havoc inside the 10...instead they have him inside the pocket, where he is at his worst.

    When are teams going to learn not to rush or try to sack a guy like Fields?....the Commies should have had every fresh substitute linebacker and defensive back in there for the final drive with no fat defensive lineman that are exhausted on the field,....don't rush the quarterback, have two spies that can run and tackle and the other two guys have their hands up to stop the quick slants.

    Reply

    Well, I don't know which one was worse this game or the Indy/Denver game last week.

     

    We are grateful for the win as the Bears', (and the Broncos') kryponite is inside the red zone.....the Bears should have been running Fields all over creation creating havoc inside the 10...instead they have him inside the pocket, where he is at his worst.

    When are teams going to learn not to rush or try to sack a guy like Fields?....the Commies should have had every fresh substitute linebacker and defensive back in there for the final drive with no fat defensive lineman that are exhausted on the field,....don't rush the quarterback, have two spies that can run and tackle and the other two guys have their hands up to stop the quick slants.

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 12:46 AM ET #81

    On a secondary note, we'll talk about the Vikings, as I grew up in Minnesota, and though they are not my favorite team, I do well when on/against them.

    I'm thrilled that they are 4-1, they've just edged out the Lions and Bears at home, the Saints on the road in Old London Town, and beat the Packers at home in week 1, and got crushed by the Eagles.  They've had a very advantageous schedule, and their defense is bottom 10 in the league.

    Why am I going into all this?  

    The cascade of beautiful indicated plays with strong results will end in the next few weeks in the NFL, sadly....as early as next week and as late as around Thanksgiving things will get more difficult and we will need to make assessments on the individual merits of each team, and who's overachieved that the market is in love with, and those teams that are improving and have underachieved.  So, this is a start.  There will be those of you that follow one team in particular and have had success betting on or against them.  I would hope that there would be those that would want to contribute to this thread that way when the time is right.

    Strong leadership and an uptempo attitude helps along with a good offensive scheme....I didn't see that from the Bears, Commanders, Colts and Broncos the last couple of weeks....I will watch these teams with interest and be prepared to fade them on a weekly basis once November comes.  Washington, Chicago and Denver all need new offensive minds, the Colts, Broncos and Bears need need new offensive lines and the Broncos have to figure out who will make the tough decisions during the heat of battle, the coach or the quarterback.  Collaboration will only get you so far, the head coach has to be the alpha when things get rough and then he has to be capable of analyzing things correctly, and I can't quite tell if Hackett is a numbskull, or if he freezes up in crucial situations.  He and the guy from the Chargers are very, very poor at the whole game management thing which is half of being a head coach is all about in the NFL.

     

    Reply

    On a secondary note, we'll talk about the Vikings, as I grew up in Minnesota, and though they are not my favorite team, I do well when on/against them.

    I'm thrilled that they are 4-1, they've just edged out the Lions and Bears at home, the Saints on the road in Old London Town, and beat the Packers at home in week 1, and got crushed by the Eagles.  They've had a very advantageous schedule, and their defense is bottom 10 in the league.

    Why am I going into all this?  

    The cascade of beautiful indicated plays with strong results will end in the next few weeks in the NFL, sadly....as early as next week and as late as around Thanksgiving things will get more difficult and we will need to make assessments on the individual merits of each team, and who's overachieved that the market is in love with, and those teams that are improving and have underachieved.  So, this is a start.  There will be those of you that follow one team in particular and have had success betting on or against them.  I would hope that there would be those that would want to contribute to this thread that way when the time is right.

    Strong leadership and an uptempo attitude helps along with a good offensive scheme....I didn't see that from the Bears, Commanders, Colts and Broncos the last couple of weeks....I will watch these teams with interest and be prepared to fade them on a weekly basis once November comes.  Washington, Chicago and Denver all need new offensive minds, the Colts, Broncos and Bears need need new offensive lines and the Broncos have to figure out who will make the tough decisions during the heat of battle, the coach or the quarterback.  Collaboration will only get you so far, the head coach has to be the alpha when things get rough and then he has to be capable of analyzing things correctly, and I can't quite tell if Hackett is a numbskull, or if he freezes up in crucial situations.  He and the guy from the Chargers are very, very poor at the whole game management thing which is half of being a head coach is all about in the NFL.

     

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 12:47 AM ET #82

    Kirk Cousins is having the kind of year he could have been having his whole career if he had a coach that didn't hate him and set him up to fail.  He's got an offensive guy who believes in him and I can tell you from experience, when people believe in you, you can make mountains move.  They should score points the whole season until they run into a team with a pash rush, as Cousins turns to jelly when there is pressure.

    Vikings' next three games are manageable and then a harsh reality will set in.

    Vikings schedule and week number ......

    6)  They get the Dolphins on the road with their third string quarterback.....very fortuitous timing....I would expect they'd win in a tight game.

    7)  bye

    8)  home to Cardinals....I will be betting against Minnesota barring an injury or a mixed up line where the Cardinals are a field goal or more away favorite.....loss

    9)  @Washington....how lucky is that?....they could be 7-1 after this game.

    10)  @Bills....Bills will put up 40 on them.

    11) home to Cowboys......loss as the Cowboys' front 7 will dominate the offensive front of Minnesota.

    12) home to Pats......BB always figures out a way to take away the other team's strength....Vikings should lose.

    13) home to Jets.........we'll call this a win though we've seen the Jets are quite capable of winning road games this season.

    14) @Lions................loss 42-49.

    15) home to Colts......win

    16) home to Giants.....win (maybe)

    17) @Packers.......loss

    18)  @Bears........loss

     

    I've got them finishing 9-8 and maybe getting the last wildcard, which means I have them going 5-7 the rest of the way,....the NFC is pretty weak....looks like Philly, SF, GB, Tampa and the Cowboys will get in. Left over would be the Vikings, Saints, Giants and  Rams (not a sure thing with their offensive line issues and their brutal schedule).  If the Vikings beat  the Lions and/or the Bears on the road in the last five weeks of the season, they'll get a wildcard bid and get beat in the first or second round of the playoffs.

    Reply

    Kirk Cousins is having the kind of year he could have been having his whole career if he had a coach that didn't hate him and set him up to fail.  He's got an offensive guy who believes in him and I can tell you from experience, when people believe in you, you can make mountains move.  They should score points the whole season until they run into a team with a pash rush, as Cousins turns to jelly when there is pressure.

    Vikings' next three games are manageable and then a harsh reality will set in.

    Vikings schedule and week number ......

    6)  They get the Dolphins on the road with their third string quarterback.....very fortuitous timing....I would expect they'd win in a tight game.

    7)  bye

    8)  home to Cardinals....I will be betting against Minnesota barring an injury or a mixed up line where the Cardinals are a field goal or more away favorite.....loss

    9)  @Washington....how lucky is that?....they could be 7-1 after this game.

    10)  @Bills....Bills will put up 40 on them.

    11) home to Cowboys......loss as the Cowboys' front 7 will dominate the offensive front of Minnesota.

    12) home to Pats......BB always figures out a way to take away the other team's strength....Vikings should lose.

    13) home to Jets.........we'll call this a win though we've seen the Jets are quite capable of winning road games this season.

    14) @Lions................loss 42-49.

    15) home to Colts......win

    16) home to Giants.....win (maybe)

    17) @Packers.......loss

    18)  @Bears........loss

     

    I've got them finishing 9-8 and maybe getting the last wildcard, which means I have them going 5-7 the rest of the way,....the NFC is pretty weak....looks like Philly, SF, GB, Tampa and the Cowboys will get in. Left over would be the Vikings, Saints, Giants and  Rams (not a sure thing with their offensive line issues and their brutal schedule).  If the Vikings beat  the Lions and/or the Bears on the road in the last five weeks of the season, they'll get a wildcard bid and get beat in the first or second round of the playoffs.

     
    lmb4321
    lmb4321
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 12523
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 1:35 AM ET #83

    Like your Vikings Breakdown....Think they lose vs Dolphins on Sunday....bol..

    Your Thread is one of the Best....peace_5

    Reply

    Like your Vikings Breakdown....Think they lose vs Dolphins on Sunday....bol..

    Your Thread is one of the Best....peace_5

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 8:09 AM ET #84

    Quote Originally Posted by lmb4321:

    Like your Vikings Breakdown....Think they lose vs Dolphins on Sunday....bol.. Your Thread is one of the Best....

    The Vikings certainly could lose to the Dolphins.

    Dolphins have been 20-11 ATS as non-divisional home dogs from October onwards, though strangely it is December when they perform best in that role going 6-1 against the spread then and 12-3 ATS as home dogs including divisional games.

    For all the talk of the weather being a factor in Miami with the heat and humidity, it is when the weather is at its most moderate when the Dolphins are kicking butt, they have been only 9-11 ATS in September.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by lmb4321:

    Like your Vikings Breakdown....Think they lose vs Dolphins on Sunday....bol.. Your Thread is one of the Best....

    The Vikings certainly could lose to the Dolphins.

    Dolphins have been 20-11 ATS as non-divisional home dogs from October onwards, though strangely it is December when they perform best in that role going 6-1 against the spread then and 12-3 ATS as home dogs including divisional games.

    For all the talk of the weather being a factor in Miami with the heat and humidity, it is when the weather is at its most moderate when the Dolphins are kicking butt, they have been only 9-11 ATS in September.

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 8:39 AM ET #85

    An away team off an away loss in week 6 has been 23-12 ATS, (16-8 ATS versus a non-divisional team) including 8-1 ATS as an away favorite.....Bengals

     

    Had not thought much about the Bengals, but the Saints basically have no receivers left and I like the angle of Burrow and Chase returning to the Superdome where they excelled in their college careers.

    I may take the Bengals.

    Reply

    An away team off an away loss in week 6 has been 23-12 ATS, (16-8 ATS versus a non-divisional team) including 8-1 ATS as an away favorite.....Bengals

     

    Had not thought much about the Bengals, but the Saints basically have no receivers left and I like the angle of Burrow and Chase returning to the Superdome where they excelled in their college careers.

    I may take the Bengals.

     
    jowchoo
    jowchoo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 3736
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 8:52 AM ET #86

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999:

    An away team off an away loss in week 6 has been 23-12 ATS, (16-8 ATS versus a non-divisional team) including 8-1 ATS as an away favorite.....Bengals   Had not thought much about the Bengals, but the Saints basically have no receivers left and I like the angle of Burrow and Chase returning to the Superdome where they excelled in their college careers. I may take the Bengals.

    Thank you, care to share the query text?

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999:

    An away team off an away loss in week 6 has been 23-12 ATS, (16-8 ATS versus a non-divisional team) including 8-1 ATS as an away favorite.....Bengals   Had not thought much about the Bengals, but the Saints basically have no receivers left and I like the angle of Burrow and Chase returning to the Superdome where they excelled in their college careers. I may take the Bengals.

    Thank you, care to share the query text?

     
    lmb4321
    lmb4321
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 12523
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 10:52 AM ET #87

    Like the Bengals play Indigo.....peace_5

    Reply

    Like the Bengals play Indigo.....peace_5

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 11:27 AM ET #88

    Quote Originally Posted by jowchoo:

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999: An away team off an away loss in week 6 has been 23-12 ATS, (16-8 ATS versus a non-divisional team) including 8-1 ATS as an away favorite.....Bengals   Had not thought much about the Bengals, but the Saints basically have no receivers left and I like the angle of Burrow and Chase returning to the Superdome where they excelled in their college careers. I may take the Bengals. Thank you, care to share the query text?

     

    A game number 6 away team off an away loss versus a team off a win, 23-12 ATS, 8-1 ATS as away favorite.....Bengals,.....if we also specify that this is week 6 this drops to 5-1 ATS as an away favorite. 

     

    p:AL and game number=6 and HD, AF, AD, HF and op:W 

    p:AL and game number=6 and HD, AF, AD, HF and op:W  and week=6

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by jowchoo:

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999: An away team off an away loss in week 6 has been 23-12 ATS, (16-8 ATS versus a non-divisional team) including 8-1 ATS as an away favorite.....Bengals   Had not thought much about the Bengals, but the Saints basically have no receivers left and I like the angle of Burrow and Chase returning to the Superdome where they excelled in their college careers. I may take the Bengals. Thank you, care to share the query text?

     

    A game number 6 away team off an away loss versus a team off a win, 23-12 ATS, 8-1 ATS as away favorite.....Bengals,.....if we also specify that this is week 6 this drops to 5-1 ATS as an away favorite. 

     

    p:AL and game number=6 and HD, AF, AD, HF and op:W 

    p:AL and game number=6 and HD, AF, AD, HF and op:W  and week=6

     

     

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 11:40 AM ET #89

    Here's one we'll keep in our back pocket for the rest of the month....a divisional home dog in October off an away loss versus an opponent off a home win....19-39-1 ATS.....no teams indicated this week

    p:AL and month = 10 and HD and op:HW and DIV

    Reply

    Here's one we'll keep in our back pocket for the rest of the month....a divisional home dog in October off an away loss versus an opponent off a home win....19-39-1 ATS.....no teams indicated this week

    p:AL and month = 10 and HD and op:HW and DIV

     
    RebelTell2
    RebelTell2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 3343
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 12:02 PM ET #90

    @Indigo999

     Yes, thought the same thing about Burrow and Chase. Burrow is from Ohio but Chase is a Louisiana native, from Metairie...both will be pumped playing in the Dome.

    Thanks for all the great info.

     

    RT2

    Reply

    @Indigo999

     Yes, thought the same thing about Burrow and Chase. Burrow is from Ohio but Chase is a Louisiana native, from Metairie...both will be pumped playing in the Dome.

    Thanks for all the great info.

     

    RT2

     
    hoody
    hoody
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2002
    Posts: 1921
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 12:05 PM ET #91

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999:

    Here's one we'll keep in our back pocket for the rest of the month....a divisional home dog in October off an away loss versus an opponent off a home win....19-39-1 ATS.....no teams indicated this week p:AL and month = 10 and HD and op:HW and DIV

    Good one has a nice over , like mine to bad there's nothing for this week. The more I play the more I come up with a new team , now I come up with Jag's , NE , Ari , Jets kept popping up, Back burner SF s/u , Minn s/u

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999:

    Here's one we'll keep in our back pocket for the rest of the month....a divisional home dog in October off an away loss versus an opponent off a home win....19-39-1 ATS.....no teams indicated this week p:AL and month = 10 and HD and op:HW and DIV

    Good one has a nice over , like mine to bad there's nothing for this week. The more I play the more I come up with a new team , now I come up with Jag's , NE , Ari , Jets kept popping up, Back burner SF s/u , Minn s/u

     
    Bucksfan92
    Bucksfan92
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2022
    Posts: 17
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 12:25 PM ET #92

    @Indigo999

     does the gb in "lafleur era" trend of 10-0 ats after a loss scare you at all with the Jets? I'm from gb and I'm very worried about our defense this year, Joe Barry seems to be incompetent! I'm leaning towards this streak coming to an end honestly pack haven't shown the same ability to step on opponents throat without Tae or mvs this season. No deep threat with the rookie wr's

    Reply

    @Indigo999

     does the gb in "lafleur era" trend of 10-0 ats after a loss scare you at all with the Jets? I'm from gb and I'm very worried about our defense this year, Joe Barry seems to be incompetent! I'm leaning towards this streak coming to an end honestly pack haven't shown the same ability to step on opponents throat without Tae or mvs this season. No deep threat with the rookie wr's

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 1:12 PM ET #93

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucksfan92:

    @Indigo999  does the gb in "lafleur era" trend of 10-0 ats after a loss scare you at all with the Jets? I'm from gb and I'm very worried about our defense this year, Joe Barry seems to be incompetent! I'm leaning towards this streak coming to an end honestly pack haven't shown the same ability to step on opponents throat without Tae or mvs this season. No deep threat with the rookie wr's

     

     

    Yes, well, you would see first hand the pulse of the Packers.....by the way I was a HUGE Packer fan in the Lombardi years,...Paul Hornung was my first sports idol, which will date me...I changed over to the Vikings when Bud Grant became the Vikes' coach watching them obliterate teams until they got to the big game....lol.

    From an outsider looking in....Lafleur to me looks like he's ridden the coattails of Rogers, and now the reluctance of the Packers to invest in their wide receivers over the years looks like it will catch up with them.  And, many in Packerland were talking up this defense as being elite this season,....I haven't seen anything dominant about them.  They should still win the division, though maybe winning 11 games, something like that. 

    If the genie in the bottle tells me, "you're the decision maker for the Packers now", I'd get rid of the defensive coordinator and the GM.

    The division has improved, and of course they are playing a first place schedule again.....tough to sustain winning 13 games every year,...perhaps their window of being able to win the Super Bowl has passed, though of course the time they won it with Rogers they won 3 straight road games before beating the Steelers in the SB......peace_5.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucksfan92:

    @Indigo999  does the gb in "lafleur era" trend of 10-0 ats after a loss scare you at all with the Jets? I'm from gb and I'm very worried about our defense this year, Joe Barry seems to be incompetent! I'm leaning towards this streak coming to an end honestly pack haven't shown the same ability to step on opponents throat without Tae or mvs this season. No deep threat with the rookie wr's

     

     

    Yes, well, you would see first hand the pulse of the Packers.....by the way I was a HUGE Packer fan in the Lombardi years,...Paul Hornung was my first sports idol, which will date me...I changed over to the Vikings when Bud Grant became the Vikes' coach watching them obliterate teams until they got to the big game....lol.

    From an outsider looking in....Lafleur to me looks like he's ridden the coattails of Rogers, and now the reluctance of the Packers to invest in their wide receivers over the years looks like it will catch up with them.  And, many in Packerland were talking up this defense as being elite this season,....I haven't seen anything dominant about them.  They should still win the division, though maybe winning 11 games, something like that. 

    If the genie in the bottle tells me, "you're the decision maker for the Packers now", I'd get rid of the defensive coordinator and the GM.

    The division has improved, and of course they are playing a first place schedule again.....tough to sustain winning 13 games every year,...perhaps their window of being able to win the Super Bowl has passed, though of course the time they won it with Rogers they won 3 straight road games before beating the Steelers in the SB......peace_5.

     

     
    Bucksfan92
    Bucksfan92
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2022
    Posts: 17
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 1:58 PM ET #94

    @Indigo999

     That’s a hell of an assessment on this gb team, I would be willing to give the gm a little more time I think he's done an ok job but the reluctance to draft at the skill position is my main problem with him! Doubs looks fairly good so far but Watson seems to be a complete bust just a track speed guy who we spent two 2nds on. Barry's seat is awfully warm with 7 first rdrs on D not playing at all to their skill sets.. Soft coverage two high looks every week consistently getting burned by below average qbs is frustrating to say the least! I think with the London hangover and strong trends you've posted I'm gonna play a small bet on jets keeping this within the number. They rally 4th qtr which I like here also 

    Reply

    @Indigo999

     That’s a hell of an assessment on this gb team, I would be willing to give the gm a little more time I think he's done an ok job but the reluctance to draft at the skill position is my main problem with him! Doubs looks fairly good so far but Watson seems to be a complete bust just a track speed guy who we spent two 2nds on. Barry's seat is awfully warm with 7 first rdrs on D not playing at all to their skill sets.. Soft coverage two high looks every week consistently getting burned by below average qbs is frustrating to say the least! I think with the London hangover and strong trends you've posted I'm gonna play a small bet on jets keeping this within the number. They rally 4th qtr which I like here also 

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 3:03 PM ET #95

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucksfan92:

    @Indigo999  That’s a hell of an assessment on this gb team, I would be willing to give the gm a little more time I think he's done an ok job but the reluctance to draft at the skill position is my main problem with him! Doubs looks fairly good so far but Watson seems to be a complete bust just a track speed guy who we spent two 2nds on. Barry's seat is awfully warm with 7 first rdrs on D not playing at all to their skill sets.. Soft coverage two high looks every week consistently getting burned by below average qbs is frustrating to say the least! I think with the London hangover and strong trends you've posted I'm gonna play a small bet on jets keeping this within the number. They rally 4th qtr which I like here also

    Yes, only bet the house if you own 20 of them....peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucksfan92:

    @Indigo999  That’s a hell of an assessment on this gb team, I would be willing to give the gm a little more time I think he's done an ok job but the reluctance to draft at the skill position is my main problem with him! Doubs looks fairly good so far but Watson seems to be a complete bust just a track speed guy who we spent two 2nds on. Barry's seat is awfully warm with 7 first rdrs on D not playing at all to their skill sets.. Soft coverage two high looks every week consistently getting burned by below average qbs is frustrating to say the least! I think with the London hangover and strong trends you've posted I'm gonna play a small bet on jets keeping this within the number. They rally 4th qtr which I like here also

    Yes, only bet the house if you own 20 of them....peace_5

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 3:24 PM ET #96

    Hoody has come up with an angle that is 30-9-1 ATS, including 10-0-1 as away favorites, favoring the Cardinals this week

     

    p:HL and AF, AD and week<8 and season>2017 and line<oA(margin)+2-tA(margin) and n:F

     

    I listed earlier a 5-15 ATS  angle in this thread of teams that played in one playoff game last year that are on the road,...those teams in the past have performed poorly....so this would favor the Seahawks.

    Here's another angle favoring the Seahawks.....a home divisional dog in October allowing >=26 points per game off an away loss, playing a team off a home loss....in weeks 6 and 7 this has been 8-2 ATS, 6-5 straight up........Seahawks

    tA(o:points) > 26 and HD and division = o:division and month = 10 and p:AL and op:HL and week

     

    Will probably be passing in this game as there is too much conflicting data....I have had misgivings about the Cardinals in this game, but they have performed admirably on the road, especially off a loss.

     

     

    Reply

    Hoody has come up with an angle that is 30-9-1 ATS, including 10-0-1 as away favorites, favoring the Cardinals this week

     

    p:HL and AF, AD and week<8 and season>2017 and line<oA(margin)+2-tA(margin) and n:F

     

    I listed earlier a 5-15 ATS  angle in this thread of teams that played in one playoff game last year that are on the road,...those teams in the past have performed poorly....so this would favor the Seahawks.

    Here's another angle favoring the Seahawks.....a home divisional dog in October allowing >=26 points per game off an away loss, playing a team off a home loss....in weeks 6 and 7 this has been 8-2 ATS, 6-5 straight up........Seahawks

    tA(o:points) > 26 and HD and division = o:division and month = 10 and p:AL and op:HL and week

     

    Will probably be passing in this game as there is too much conflicting data....I have had misgivings about the Cardinals in this game, but they have performed admirably on the road, especially off a loss.

     

     

     
    jowchoo
    jowchoo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 3736
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 8:26 PM ET #97

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999:

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucksfan92: @Indigo999  does the gb in "lafleur era" trend of 10-0 ats after a loss scare you at all with the Jets? I'm from gb and I'm very worried about our defense this year, Joe Barry seems to be incompetent! I'm leaning towards this streak coming to an end honestly pack haven't shown the same ability to step on opponents throat without Tae or mvs this season. No deep threat with the rookie wr's     Yes, well, you would see first hand the pulse of the Packers.....by the way I was a HUGE Packer fan in the Lombardi years,...Paul Hornung was my first sports idol, which will date me...I changed over to the Vikings when Bud Grant became the Vikes' coach watching them obliterate teams until they got to the big game....lol. From an outsider looking in....Lafleur to me looks like he's ridden the coattails of Rogers, and now the reluctance of the Packers to invest in their wide receivers over the years looks like it will catch up with them.  And, many in Packerland were talking up this defense as being elite this season,....I haven't seen anything dominant about them.  They should still win the division, though maybe winning 11 games, something like that.  If the genie in the bottle tells me, "you're the decision maker for the Packers now", I'd get rid of the defensive coordinator and the GM. The division has improved, and of course they are playing a first place schedule again.....tough to sustain winning 13 games every year,...perhaps their window of being able to win the Super Bowl has passed, though of course the time they won it with Rogers they won 3 straight road games before beating the Steelers in the SB.......

    Maybe I can date myself as well...lol

    Bud Grant was easily the best coach the CLF ever had. I was a huge Joe Kapp fan when he played for BC Lions here

    in Vancouver. He played with linebacker grit and we had Willie Fleming out of the back field..scary lethal but alas no defence so

    played second fiddle for a long time. Then the NFL came calling and the rest was history..Much respect for Bud Grant the new breed could learn a thing or two from his style.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999:

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucksfan92: @Indigo999  does the gb in "lafleur era" trend of 10-0 ats after a loss scare you at all with the Jets? I'm from gb and I'm very worried about our defense this year, Joe Barry seems to be incompetent! I'm leaning towards this streak coming to an end honestly pack haven't shown the same ability to step on opponents throat without Tae or mvs this season. No deep threat with the rookie wr's     Yes, well, you would see first hand the pulse of the Packers.....by the way I was a HUGE Packer fan in the Lombardi years,...Paul Hornung was my first sports idol, which will date me...I changed over to the Vikings when Bud Grant became the Vikes' coach watching them obliterate teams until they got to the big game....lol. From an outsider looking in....Lafleur to me looks like he's ridden the coattails of Rogers, and now the reluctance of the Packers to invest in their wide receivers over the years looks like it will catch up with them.  And, many in Packerland were talking up this defense as being elite this season,....I haven't seen anything dominant about them.  They should still win the division, though maybe winning 11 games, something like that.  If the genie in the bottle tells me, "you're the decision maker for the Packers now", I'd get rid of the defensive coordinator and the GM. The division has improved, and of course they are playing a first place schedule again.....tough to sustain winning 13 games every year,...perhaps their window of being able to win the Super Bowl has passed, though of course the time they won it with Rogers they won 3 straight road games before beating the Steelers in the SB.......

    Maybe I can date myself as well...lol

    Bud Grant was easily the best coach the CLF ever had. I was a huge Joe Kapp fan when he played for BC Lions here

    in Vancouver. He played with linebacker grit and we had Willie Fleming out of the back field..scary lethal but alas no defence so

    played second fiddle for a long time. Then the NFL came calling and the rest was history..Much respect for Bud Grant the new breed could learn a thing or two from his style.

     
    Indigo999
    Indigo999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 6645
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 8:58 PM ET #98

    Quote Originally Posted by jowchoo:

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999: Quote Originally Posted by Bucksfan92: @Indigo999  does the gb in "lafleur era" trend of 10-0 ats after a loss scare you at all with the Jets? I'm from gb and I'm very worried about our defense this year, Joe Barry seems to be incompetent! I'm leaning towards this streak coming to an end honestly pack haven't shown the same ability to step on opponents throat without Tae or mvs this season. No deep threat with the rookie wr's     Yes, well, you would see first hand the pulse of the Packers.....by the way I was a HUGE Packer fan in the Lombardi years,...Paul Hornung was my first sports idol, which will date me...I changed over to the Vikings when Bud Grant became the Vikes' coach watching them obliterate teams until they got to the big game....lol. From an outsider looking in....Lafleur to me looks like he's ridden the coattails of Rogers, and now the reluctance of the Packers to invest in their wide receivers over the years looks like it will catch up with them.  And, many in Packerland were talking up this defense as being elite this season,....I haven't seen anything dominant about them.  They should still win the division, though maybe winning 11 games, something like that.  If the genie in the bottle tells me, "you're the decision maker for the Packers now", I'd get rid of the defensive coordinator and the GM. The division has improved, and of course they are playing a first place schedule again.....tough to sustain winning 13 games every year,...perhaps their window of being able to win the Super Bowl has passed, though of course the time they won it with Rogers they won 3 straight road games before beating the Steelers in the SB....... Maybe I can date myself as well...lol Bud Grant was easily the best coach the CLF ever had. I was a huge Joe Kapp fan when he played for BC Lions here in Vancouver. He played with linebacker grit and we had Willie Fleming out of the back field..scary lethal but alas no defence so played second fiddle for a long time. Then the NFL came calling and the rest was history..Much respect for Bud Grant the new breed could learn a thing or two from his style.

     

    Wow, that is interesting!....Grant won 4 or 5 GCs too didn't he?  He also played pro basketball with the Minneapolis Lakers,...I played hoops against his son who was one year ahead of me.

    I sat in the upper bleachers a couple of times in those glory years in December at the old Metropolitan Stadium...real character building...lol.  He and Joe Kapp were the perfect pair for Minnesota.

    The Vikings just got over powered in every Super Bowl, their best team got beat on a long bomb to Drew Pearson who pushed off in the last 20 seconds at home in the NFC championship game, and Dallas easily won the Super Bowl that year.

     

    Ok, we are adding the Bengals before it hits 3.

     

     

    Plays:

    1)  Redskins/Commies pik..........winner

    2)  Jaguars +1

    3)  Jets +7'

    4)  Patriots +3

    5)  Jags/Colts UNDER 42'

    6)  Cowboys/Eagles UNDER 42

    7)  Chargers/Broncos UNDER 45'

    8)  Bengals -2', -120

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by jowchoo:

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999: Quote Originally Posted by Bucksfan92: @Indigo999  does the gb in "lafleur era" trend of 10-0 ats after a loss scare you at all with the Jets? I'm from gb and I'm very worried about our defense this year, Joe Barry seems to be incompetent! I'm leaning towards this streak coming to an end honestly pack haven't shown the same ability to step on opponents throat without Tae or mvs this season. No deep threat with the rookie wr's     Yes, well, you would see first hand the pulse of the Packers.....by the way I was a HUGE Packer fan in the Lombardi years,...Paul Hornung was my first sports idol, which will date me...I changed over to the Vikings when Bud Grant became the Vikes' coach watching them obliterate teams until they got to the big game....lol. From an outsider looking in....Lafleur to me looks like he's ridden the coattails of Rogers, and now the reluctance of the Packers to invest in their wide receivers over the years looks like it will catch up with them.  And, many in Packerland were talking up this defense as being elite this season,....I haven't seen anything dominant about them.  They should still win the division, though maybe winning 11 games, something like that.  If the genie in the bottle tells me, "you're the decision maker for the Packers now", I'd get rid of the defensive coordinator and the GM. The division has improved, and of course they are playing a first place schedule again.....tough to sustain winning 13 games every year,...perhaps their window of being able to win the Super Bowl has passed, though of course the time they won it with Rogers they won 3 straight road games before beating the Steelers in the SB....... Maybe I can date myself as well...lol Bud Grant was easily the best coach the CLF ever had. I was a huge Joe Kapp fan when he played for BC Lions here in Vancouver. He played with linebacker grit and we had Willie Fleming out of the back field..scary lethal but alas no defence so played second fiddle for a long time. Then the NFL came calling and the rest was history..Much respect for Bud Grant the new breed could learn a thing or two from his style.

     

    Wow, that is interesting!....Grant won 4 or 5 GCs too didn't he?  He also played pro basketball with the Minneapolis Lakers,...I played hoops against his son who was one year ahead of me.

    I sat in the upper bleachers a couple of times in those glory years in December at the old Metropolitan Stadium...real character building...lol.  He and Joe Kapp were the perfect pair for Minnesota.

    The Vikings just got over powered in every Super Bowl, their best team got beat on a long bomb to Drew Pearson who pushed off in the last 20 seconds at home in the NFC championship game, and Dallas easily won the Super Bowl that year.

     

    Ok, we are adding the Bengals before it hits 3.

     

     

    Plays:

    1)  Redskins/Commies pik..........winner

    2)  Jaguars +1

    3)  Jets +7'

    4)  Patriots +3

    5)  Jags/Colts UNDER 42'

    6)  Cowboys/Eagles UNDER 42

    7)  Chargers/Broncos UNDER 45'

    8)  Bengals -2', -120

     
    jowchoo
    jowchoo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 3736
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 9:11 PM ET #99

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999:

    Quote Originally Posted by jowchoo: Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999: Quote Originally Posted by Bucksfan92: @Indigo999  does the gb in "lafleur era" trend of 10-0 ats after a loss scare you at all with the Jets? I'm from gb and I'm very worried about our defense this year, Joe Barry seems to be incompetent! I'm leaning towards this streak coming to an end honestly pack haven't shown the same ability to step on opponents throat without Tae or mvs this season. No deep threat with the rookie wr's     Yes, well, you would see first hand the pulse of the Packers.....by the way I was a HUGE Packer fan in the Lombardi years,...Paul Hornung was my first sports idol, which will date me...I changed over to the Vikings when Bud Grant became the Vikes' coach watching them obliterate teams until they got to the big game....lol. From an outsider looking in....Lafleur to me looks like he's ridden the coattails of Rogers, and now the reluctance of the Packers to invest in their wide receivers over the years looks like it will catch up with them.  And, many in Packerland were talking up this defense as being elite this season,....I haven't seen anything dominant about them.  They should still win the division, though maybe winning 11 games, something like that.  If the genie in the bottle tells me, "you're the decision maker for the Packers now", I'd get rid of the defensive coordinator and the GM. The division has improved, and of course they are playing a first place schedule again.....tough to sustain winning 13 games every year,...perhaps their window of being able to win the Super Bowl has passed, though of course the time they won it with Rogers they won 3 straight road games before beating the Steelers in the SB....... Maybe I can date myself as well...lol Bud Grant was easily the best coach the CLF ever had. I was a huge Joe Kapp fan when he played for BC Lions here in Vancouver. He played with linebacker grit and we had Willie Fleming out of the back field..scary lethal but alas no defence so played second fiddle for a long time. Then the NFL came calling and the rest was history..Much respect for Bud Grant the new breed could learn a thing or two from his style.   Wow, that is interesting!....Grant won 4 or 5 GCs too didn't he?  He also played pro basketball with the Minneapolis Lakers,...I played hoops against his son who was one year ahead of me. I sat in the upper bleachers a couple of times in those glory years in December at the old Metropolitan Stadium...real character building...lol.  He and Joe Kapp were the perfect pair for Minnesota. The Vikings just got over powered in every Super Bowl, their best team got beat on a long bomb to Drew Pearson who pushed off in the last 20 seconds at home in the NFC championship game, and Dallas easily won the Super Bowl that year.   Ok, we are adding the Bengals before it hits 3.     Plays: 1)  Redskins/Commies pik..........winner 2)  Jaguars +1 3)  Jets +7' 4)  Patriots +3 5)  Jags/Colts UNDER 42' 6)  Cowboys/Eagles UNDER 42 7)  Chargers/Broncos UNDER 45' 8)  Bengals -2', -120

    Bud Grant took Winnipeg to six Grey Cups from 1957-66, winning four of them (1958, 59, 61 and 62)

    Btw my first QB heros were Y.A.Title and Bobby Lane..back to the SDQL lessons...lol

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999:

    Quote Originally Posted by jowchoo: Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999: Quote Originally Posted by Bucksfan92: @Indigo999  does the gb in "lafleur era" trend of 10-0 ats after a loss scare you at all with the Jets? I'm from gb and I'm very worried about our defense this year, Joe Barry seems to be incompetent! I'm leaning towards this streak coming to an end honestly pack haven't shown the same ability to step on opponents throat without Tae or mvs this season. No deep threat with the rookie wr's     Yes, well, you would see first hand the pulse of the Packers.....by the way I was a HUGE Packer fan in the Lombardi years,...Paul Hornung was my first sports idol, which will date me...I changed over to the Vikings when Bud Grant became the Vikes' coach watching them obliterate teams until they got to the big game....lol. From an outsider looking in....Lafleur to me looks like he's ridden the coattails of Rogers, and now the reluctance of the Packers to invest in their wide receivers over the years looks like it will catch up with them.  And, many in Packerland were talking up this defense as being elite this season,....I haven't seen anything dominant about them.  They should still win the division, though maybe winning 11 games, something like that.  If the genie in the bottle tells me, "you're the decision maker for the Packers now", I'd get rid of the defensive coordinator and the GM. The division has improved, and of course they are playing a first place schedule again.....tough to sustain winning 13 games every year,...perhaps their window of being able to win the Super Bowl has passed, though of course the time they won it with Rogers they won 3 straight road games before beating the Steelers in the SB....... Maybe I can date myself as well...lol Bud Grant was easily the best coach the CLF ever had. I was a huge Joe Kapp fan when he played for BC Lions here in Vancouver. He played with linebacker grit and we had Willie Fleming out of the back field..scary lethal but alas no defence so played second fiddle for a long time. Then the NFL came calling and the rest was history..Much respect for Bud Grant the new breed could learn a thing or two from his style.   Wow, that is interesting!....Grant won 4 or 5 GCs too didn't he?  He also played pro basketball with the Minneapolis Lakers,...I played hoops against his son who was one year ahead of me. I sat in the upper bleachers a couple of times in those glory years in December at the old Metropolitan Stadium...real character building...lol.  He and Joe Kapp were the perfect pair for Minnesota. The Vikings just got over powered in every Super Bowl, their best team got beat on a long bomb to Drew Pearson who pushed off in the last 20 seconds at home in the NFC championship game, and Dallas easily won the Super Bowl that year.   Ok, we are adding the Bengals before it hits 3.     Plays: 1)  Redskins/Commies pik..........winner 2)  Jaguars +1 3)  Jets +7' 4)  Patriots +3 5)  Jags/Colts UNDER 42' 6)  Cowboys/Eagles UNDER 42 7)  Chargers/Broncos UNDER 45' 8)  Bengals -2', -120

    Bud Grant took Winnipeg to six Grey Cups from 1957-66, winning four of them (1958, 59, 61 and 62)

    Btw my first QB heros were Y.A.Title and Bobby Lane..back to the SDQL lessons...lol

     
     
    allboutmoney
    allboutmoney
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 1735
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2022 - 9:24 PM ET #100

    peace_5 Great Thread. BOL this week.

     

    Reply

    peace_5 Great Thread. BOL this week.

     

    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Monday 10/05/2026 694
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,275
    • PART DEUX 186
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,721
    • Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,781
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,808
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,655
    • ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,117
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,605
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,715

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.