• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    Finally found it PBS 1983 episode that caused the NFL and its Mob associates

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    The Hawk
    mafioso
    suuma
    PoeticJustice
    hillardoh1
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 10608
    Posts: 95
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2016 - 7:05 PM ET #26

    .............and, for an opposing view, aka the Truth, read this

    https://www.si.com/vault/1983/01/31/627212/unfounded-findings
    Reply
    .............and, for an opposing view, aka the Truth, read this

    https://www.si.com/vault/1983/01/31/627212/unfounded-findings
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2016 - 7:52 PM ET #27

    Your truth is tainted my friend.
    Terribly tainted.
    Obviously you didn't watch it.
    Had you watched it
    You would have seen dumbass criminals with an iq barely above retardation were passing lie detector tests.
    You would see all the owners/players linked to not only bookmakers but organized crime figures.

    You would see mysterious deaths
    Body's found in trunk of cars
    NFL owner drowning and his mob related wife takes over the team.

    Had you spent the 1 hour and watched it, all that would have been easy to see.

    Not to insult your intelligence as I truly believe you to be one of the old hands of this forum.

    But your post reeks of someone who can't let go
    Someone who doesn't want to see the sport he adores is crooked as f*ck and run by a bunch of billion dollar thugs.

    I would expect a far more open mind and the ability to put two and two together from a witty guy like you.

    Instead You give us that?

    Weak
    Reply
    Your truth is tainted my friend.
    Terribly tainted.
    Obviously you didn't watch it.
    Had you watched it
    You would have seen dumbass criminals with an iq barely above retardation were passing lie detector tests.
    You would see all the owners/players linked to not only bookmakers but organized crime figures.

    You would see mysterious deaths
    Body's found in trunk of cars
    NFL owner drowning and his mob related wife takes over the team.

    Had you spent the 1 hour and watched it, all that would have been easy to see.

    Not to insult your intelligence as I truly believe you to be one of the old hands of this forum.

    But your post reeks of someone who can't let go
    Someone who doesn't want to see the sport he adores is crooked as f*ck and run by a bunch of billion dollar thugs.

    I would expect a far more open mind and the ability to put two and two together from a witty guy like you.

    Instead You give us that?

    Weak
     
    suuma
    suuma
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 4455
    Posted: Aug. 16, 2016 - 7:33 AM ET #28

    I don't need anyone to agree with me, the following words are just my opinion and I personally just want one thing: taking advantage in the future.

    The NFL is a company with a $10BN revenue. $6BN annually alone from TV broadcasts.

    Put the name "NFL" aside and ask yourself a question: if you were the CEO of a company with $10BN revenue, wouldn't you do everything possible to make your product(s) more profitable? Do you think that every company in the world works clean?

    The NFL sells a product and sometimes they help to make the product more profitable.

    ESPN pays $110M for each Monday Night Football game. How does ESPN generate profit? By showing 60-80 ads per game. They have to give their customers certain guarantees for ratings. How do you keep people interested in the game? By entertainment. People keep watching a game if unexpected things happen. If the home favorite who is expected to win, wins by 24 after the third, they are likely to switch channels.

    What happened in 2015? Of the 14 home favs, only two covered and 7 lost straight up. Of the 14 games, 11 have been decided by one score with 9 straight to finish the season. Overall, favs went 2-13-1 ATS on MNF with 12 one-score finishes.

    What happened on Thursday Night Football? Out of 16 games, 11 have been decided by one single score. That's entertainment. Twitter bought the rights to broadcast Thursday Night Football games in 2016. Companies will go crazy paying for ads. You can expect the one-score rate atleast not to drop.

    Another point is the globalization that forces the NFL to care for the best possible entertainment. The Vikes drafted German WR Moritz Boehringer in the 6th round. Do you think that's coincidence? That guy has potential, but it's more about advertising. The Vikes don't have a deep WR corps so it's not unlogical to give such an inexperienced guy a roster spot. The Facebook accounts of the Vikings and NFL are posting in German language now. Football has been booming here the last couple years and it's getting hotter and hotter. Last Friday they posted links for the NFL Gamepass: "Watch the debut of Moritz Boehringer tonight". I have seen more social media stuff on Boehringer than on the Jets' first round pick Darron Lee.

    After they gave the Super Bowl to the worst offense to ever play in the big game last February to let the Sheriff ride into the sunset with a 2nd ring, you can expect to see a great passing offense win it this year. My pick are the Colts. It's all about storylines and what a great storyline would it be if Andrew Luck - the new face of the AFC - wins the Super Bowl in his hometown Houston?

    Peyton is gone, Tom Brady is 39 and messes with the NFL. Who else is there in the AFC? Big Ben already has two rings and got a few shots left. Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston? Too early. Alex Smith? No. Philip Rivers? Maybe. Derek Carr? He is not polarizing and it's too early. Andrew Luck signed the biggest contract in NFL history and will be the new face of the AFC for years to come. How to kick off the era with a Super Bowl win? Just let that sink for a moment. We can talk about that in January again.

    Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyB172i-AjU

    It only takes 15 minutes. After watching it you can't tell me that game wasn't fixed by the refs. They wanted the best offense vs. the best defense in the league in the Super Bowl. The rise of the Legion Of Boom. Without the refs, the Seahawks would be without a Super Bowl win now. Then in 2015, it was Seahawks vs. Patriots in the Super Bowl.

    Not saying that the majority of games is fixed. But sometimes we need to read between the lines.
    Reply
    I don't need anyone to agree with me, the following words are just my opinion and I personally just want one thing: taking advantage in the future.

    The NFL is a company with a $10BN revenue. $6BN annually alone from TV broadcasts.

    Put the name "NFL" aside and ask yourself a question: if you were the CEO of a company with $10BN revenue, wouldn't you do everything possible to make your product(s) more profitable? Do you think that every company in the world works clean?

    The NFL sells a product and sometimes they help to make the product more profitable.

    ESPN pays $110M for each Monday Night Football game. How does ESPN generate profit? By showing 60-80 ads per game. They have to give their customers certain guarantees for ratings. How do you keep people interested in the game? By entertainment. People keep watching a game if unexpected things happen. If the home favorite who is expected to win, wins by 24 after the third, they are likely to switch channels.

    What happened in 2015? Of the 14 home favs, only two covered and 7 lost straight up. Of the 14 games, 11 have been decided by one score with 9 straight to finish the season. Overall, favs went 2-13-1 ATS on MNF with 12 one-score finishes.

    What happened on Thursday Night Football? Out of 16 games, 11 have been decided by one single score. That's entertainment. Twitter bought the rights to broadcast Thursday Night Football games in 2016. Companies will go crazy paying for ads. You can expect the one-score rate atleast not to drop.

    Another point is the globalization that forces the NFL to care for the best possible entertainment. The Vikes drafted German WR Moritz Boehringer in the 6th round. Do you think that's coincidence? That guy has potential, but it's more about advertising. The Vikes don't have a deep WR corps so it's not unlogical to give such an inexperienced guy a roster spot. The Facebook accounts of the Vikings and NFL are posting in German language now. Football has been booming here the last couple years and it's getting hotter and hotter. Last Friday they posted links for the NFL Gamepass: "Watch the debut of Moritz Boehringer tonight". I have seen more social media stuff on Boehringer than on the Jets' first round pick Darron Lee.

    After they gave the Super Bowl to the worst offense to ever play in the big game last February to let the Sheriff ride into the sunset with a 2nd ring, you can expect to see a great passing offense win it this year. My pick are the Colts. It's all about storylines and what a great storyline would it be if Andrew Luck - the new face of the AFC - wins the Super Bowl in his hometown Houston?

    Peyton is gone, Tom Brady is 39 and messes with the NFL. Who else is there in the AFC? Big Ben already has two rings and got a few shots left. Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston? Too early. Alex Smith? No. Philip Rivers? Maybe. Derek Carr? He is not polarizing and it's too early. Andrew Luck signed the biggest contract in NFL history and will be the new face of the AFC for years to come. How to kick off the era with a Super Bowl win? Just let that sink for a moment. We can talk about that in January again.

    Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyB172i-AjU

    It only takes 15 minutes. After watching it you can't tell me that game wasn't fixed by the refs. They wanted the best offense vs. the best defense in the league in the Super Bowl. The rise of the Legion Of Boom. Without the refs, the Seahawks would be without a Super Bowl win now. Then in 2015, it was Seahawks vs. Patriots in the Super Bowl.

    Not saying that the majority of games is fixed. But sometimes we need to read between the lines.
     
    PoeticJustice
    PoeticJustice
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 3815
    Posted: Aug. 16, 2016 - 9:28 AM ET #29

    Colts over under wins this ssason is 9.5 at -175....

    So no idont think colts are going anywhere
    Reply
    Colts over under wins this ssason is 9.5 at -175....

    So no idont think colts are going anywhere
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Aug. 16, 2016 - 1:57 PM ET #30

    I have the Colts or raiders playing the packers in the super bowl.
    Reply
    I have the Colts or raiders playing the packers in the super bowl.
     
    hillardoh1
    hillardoh1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 2669
    Posted: Aug. 16, 2016 - 7:45 PM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSuccess:

    Fascinating thread! Any tips on how we can use this information to win in today's game? Do we look for specific storylines the NFL wants to see happen?
    Just fade the public
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSuccess:

    Fascinating thread! Any tips on how we can use this information to win in today's game? Do we look for specific storylines the NFL wants to see happen?
    Just fade the public
     
    LogCottage
    LogCottage
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 4755
    Posted: Aug. 16, 2016 - 11:49 PM ET #32

    ANOTHER SEASON WITH THIS WHACK JOB.....
    Reply
    ANOTHER SEASON WITH THIS WHACK JOB.....
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2016 - 3:53 AM ET #33

    I see that documentary didnt make you off yourself.
    What a shame to this forum that you are still here.

    Keep never posting plays or offering insight 
    You will find yourself where 
    MysticBitch and TheLeast are 
    BANNED
    Reply
    I see that documentary didnt make you off yourself.
    What a shame to this forum that you are still here.

    Keep never posting plays or offering insight 
    You will find yourself where 
    MysticBitch and TheLeast are 
    BANNED
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2016 - 3:57 AM ET #34

    I give you logcrappin everyone

    2390 posts 
    Not one sports Pick
    Not one football discussion
    Not one contribution

    thats right 
    2390 posts of telling us how dumb we are to believe in what is proven fact virtually every game played The FIX.

    2390 posts of calling out posters who post their picks who post their record
    who post their souls on here.

    This is the kind of lowlife D-Bag he is and for some ungodly reason
    he isnt banned
    Mods are on an epic fail regarding this loser.
    Reply
    I give you logcrappin everyone

    2390 posts 
    Not one sports Pick
    Not one football discussion
    Not one contribution

    thats right 
    2390 posts of telling us how dumb we are to believe in what is proven fact virtually every game played The FIX.

    2390 posts of calling out posters who post their picks who post their record
    who post their souls on here.

    This is the kind of lowlife D-Bag he is and for some ungodly reason
    he isnt banned
    Mods are on an epic fail regarding this loser.
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2016 - 10:24 AM ET #35

    Mafi,

    I'm sorry to have disappointed you. Perhaps you can bust me down to 1/2-wit

    It is not MY truth, but that of Sports Illustrated. I believe they poked enough holes in the hot air balloon to deflate it.

    You are correct, I didn't watch it. With such a sterling review by SI, why would I? You can use film to tell your story in whatever direction you want to tell it.....

    If you watch a movie like "JFK", you probably should know what direction the film is going. Sex sells, and so does SENSATIONALISM. So does CONTROVERSY. 

    Gosh, were there filmed discussions after 9/11, regarding the Twin Towers? 

    Iraq/Iran? Big oil? Going back, how about Viet Nam? Sorry, but Oliver Stone connected even that to the JFK conspiracy......

    Forgive me about the deflated remark, but we are talking a league that had a lot of ink for Deflategate, correct? Deflated footballs put a real non-positive story out there for how long? Tom Brady sitting out four games is not a real positive story, don't you think?

    Eric Davis was sitting in for Rich Eisen yesterday on his show. He brought up how the NFL fined him.....
    For a Pro Bowl game......
    Because his shirt was untucked.....
    .......................Ten Thousand dollars.

    And this is a league that arranges hits, drowns people, fixes every damned game?

    I have a friend the reffed high school games. Graded out well enough to move "up" to junior college games. He couldn't even go into a sportsbook!

    Read about what an NFL ref has to do before a Sunday game. Basically, live the life of a monk. Yet somehow, they've been instructed to make sure that..................I don't think so.

    I also respect Summa, another valued member of this space. He has his opinion, I'll give mine.

    Games/point spreads......it's called PARITY. It happens. The worst teams draft early, and should get the better players. 

    Unless, you're the Cleveland Browns. I have no idea why the NFL doesn't "fix" this franchise. I mean, they run everything, so it stands to reason, they could make a lot of money if............well...........

    Thursday Night games are close? No kidding. These games suck because the teams are just too beat up from playing on Sunday.

    And the schedule is also huge, let's face it.

    I wish I had the time to locate this one, but somehow, a team that played in London, had to fly back and then play a Thursday Night game. I don't have to tell you what happened..........

    Thanks for keeping us on our toes, and thanks about the great news about the Mystic being banned. What an idiot. "Brady only throws short" Yeah. 5000 yard season on nothing but dinks........right.

    And thanks, Summa, for shooting down Mystic with some great counter stats

    See you in the funny papers
    Reply
    Mafi,

    I'm sorry to have disappointed you. Perhaps you can bust me down to 1/2-wit

    It is not MY truth, but that of Sports Illustrated. I believe they poked enough holes in the hot air balloon to deflate it.

    You are correct, I didn't watch it. With such a sterling review by SI, why would I? You can use film to tell your story in whatever direction you want to tell it.....

    If you watch a movie like "JFK", you probably should know what direction the film is going. Sex sells, and so does SENSATIONALISM. So does CONTROVERSY. 

    Gosh, were there filmed discussions after 9/11, regarding the Twin Towers? 

    Iraq/Iran? Big oil? Going back, how about Viet Nam? Sorry, but Oliver Stone connected even that to the JFK conspiracy......

    Forgive me about the deflated remark, but we are talking a league that had a lot of ink for Deflategate, correct? Deflated footballs put a real non-positive story out there for how long? Tom Brady sitting out four games is not a real positive story, don't you think?

    Eric Davis was sitting in for Rich Eisen yesterday on his show. He brought up how the NFL fined him.....
    For a Pro Bowl game......
    Because his shirt was untucked.....
    .......................Ten Thousand dollars.

    And this is a league that arranges hits, drowns people, fixes every damned game?

    I have a friend the reffed high school games. Graded out well enough to move "up" to junior college games. He couldn't even go into a sportsbook!

    Read about what an NFL ref has to do before a Sunday game. Basically, live the life of a monk. Yet somehow, they've been instructed to make sure that..................I don't think so.

    I also respect Summa, another valued member of this space. He has his opinion, I'll give mine.

    Games/point spreads......it's called PARITY. It happens. The worst teams draft early, and should get the better players. 

    Unless, you're the Cleveland Browns. I have no idea why the NFL doesn't "fix" this franchise. I mean, they run everything, so it stands to reason, they could make a lot of money if............well...........

    Thursday Night games are close? No kidding. These games suck because the teams are just too beat up from playing on Sunday.

    And the schedule is also huge, let's face it.

    I wish I had the time to locate this one, but somehow, a team that played in London, had to fly back and then play a Thursday Night game. I don't have to tell you what happened..........

    Thanks for keeping us on our toes, and thanks about the great news about the Mystic being banned. What an idiot. "Brady only throws short" Yeah. 5000 yard season on nothing but dinks........right.

    And thanks, Summa, for shooting down Mystic with some great counter stats

    See you in the funny papers
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2016 - 12:20 PM ET #36

    In other words they have you completely convinced?
    And hawk
    For the record
    SI is an NFL shill.
    That was the NFLs version of a retort.

    Frontline has been around for 33 years going on 34

    Think I'll take the word of fair and not paid for journalism.

    Parity wouldn't be an issue if the games were clear cut and inside help weren't needed to affect the pointspread.Parity caused a washed up manning to win the super bowl?

    No sir
    That was scripted
    Even Denver fans know it but they will take it who wouldn't.

    We are talking about a shameless pathetic croocked league here.
    The same league that creates rules as the games are played.
    The tuck rule lol
    Notice how the NFL didn't get rid of that made up rule until after Al Davis died?

    And if you honestly believe that lee Harvey Oswald was the only a assassin that day in Dallas
    Then I don't know how much stock I can put in any future posts you put out there.

    The film clearly shows as Kevin Costner stated.
    Back and to the left
    Back and to the left
    One bullet stays prestine after entering not one but two people hitting bones and other parts of the body.
    Okay
    Guess you believe the bullshit your goverment tells you.
    I question everything
    Reply
    In other words they have you completely convinced?
    And hawk
    For the record
    SI is an NFL shill.
    That was the NFLs version of a retort.

    Frontline has been around for 33 years going on 34

    Think I'll take the word of fair and not paid for journalism.

    Parity wouldn't be an issue if the games were clear cut and inside help weren't needed to affect the pointspread.Parity caused a washed up manning to win the super bowl?

    No sir
    That was scripted
    Even Denver fans know it but they will take it who wouldn't.

    We are talking about a shameless pathetic croocked league here.
    The same league that creates rules as the games are played.
    The tuck rule lol
    Notice how the NFL didn't get rid of that made up rule until after Al Davis died?

    And if you honestly believe that lee Harvey Oswald was the only a assassin that day in Dallas
    Then I don't know how much stock I can put in any future posts you put out there.

    The film clearly shows as Kevin Costner stated.
    Back and to the left
    Back and to the left
    One bullet stays prestine after entering not one but two people hitting bones and other parts of the body.
    Okay
    Guess you believe the bullshit your goverment tells you.
    I question everything
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2016 - 1:19 PM ET #37

    Maf,

    NEVER SAID I was "completely convinced"

    What I said was "they poked enough holes"

    For the record, I did not know that SI is a NFL shill.

    I'll keep that in mind next time a read a concussion story.........

    The Super Bowl?
    Well, Denver had an All-World defense
    Held Newton under 50% passing
    Held Stewart to 29 yards rushing
    Caused 4 fumbles, recovered 3, and an interception.

    Had 1/2 the penalties, and 1/2 the penalty yardage
    Went 3/3 on field goals
    Got 90 yards rushing from Anderson, which was huge.
    Despite the "script", Denver was 1-for-4 in the Red Zone
    I don't think 141 yards, ZERO td, a pick, and 5 sacks is a very good script for Manning, but the Broncos didn't need much from Manning, and that is what they got.

    In regards to the movie "JFK"
    Was it Sensational?
    Check
    Was it Controversial?
    Check.
    Was it WRONG?

    Once again, I NEVER SAID THAT. NOT ONCE. NOT EVER.
    Do I believe everything the government tells me?
    No.
    Do I believe everything the NFL tells me?
    No.
    Do I believe LHO acted alone?
    No.
    The selling point to me, and Oliver Stone put out a tremendous amount of "what if" "suppose" etc., out there, among those, the Pristine Bullet (which, I agree, is a joke)

    Why did so many people start to run TOWARD the grassy knoll? Why? They are NOT running to safety. People that didn't hit the ground, were running across a street toward the knoll! And many people are pointing! What are they pointing at? Why are they pointing? I believe they heard SOMETHING. And it was not an echo. IMHO.

    Let's review:
    The NFL and the US govt are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

    We can talk the Tuck Rule as soon as a game gets played in the snow this season, okay?
    Reply
    Maf,

    NEVER SAID I was "completely convinced"

    What I said was "they poked enough holes"

    For the record, I did not know that SI is a NFL shill.

    I'll keep that in mind next time a read a concussion story.........

    The Super Bowl?
    Well, Denver had an All-World defense
    Held Newton under 50% passing
    Held Stewart to 29 yards rushing
    Caused 4 fumbles, recovered 3, and an interception.

    Had 1/2 the penalties, and 1/2 the penalty yardage
    Went 3/3 on field goals
    Got 90 yards rushing from Anderson, which was huge.
    Despite the "script", Denver was 1-for-4 in the Red Zone
    I don't think 141 yards, ZERO td, a pick, and 5 sacks is a very good script for Manning, but the Broncos didn't need much from Manning, and that is what they got.

    In regards to the movie "JFK"
    Was it Sensational?
    Check
    Was it Controversial?
    Check.
    Was it WRONG?

    Once again, I NEVER SAID THAT. NOT ONCE. NOT EVER.
    Do I believe everything the government tells me?
    No.
    Do I believe everything the NFL tells me?
    No.
    Do I believe LHO acted alone?
    No.
    The selling point to me, and Oliver Stone put out a tremendous amount of "what if" "suppose" etc., out there, among those, the Pristine Bullet (which, I agree, is a joke)

    Why did so many people start to run TOWARD the grassy knoll? Why? They are NOT running to safety. People that didn't hit the ground, were running across a street toward the knoll! And many people are pointing! What are they pointing at? Why are they pointing? I believe they heard SOMETHING. And it was not an echo. IMHO.

    Let's review:
    The NFL and the US govt are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

    We can talk the Tuck Rule as soon as a game gets played in the snow this season, okay?
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2016 - 2:38 PM ET #38

    Deal
    Reply
    Deal
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Aug. 20, 2016 - 4:14 PM ET #39

    One thing's for certain, television networks WOULD NEVER EVER air a program like this on television today.

    Could you see ESPN, FOX, or any of the major networks running something like this?  Wow.

    Rozelle looks like he doesn't know he's being filmed.  He's guilty as hell.  "Well, not as long as you have a long-term contract..." (cue sh!t-eating, cocky grin)  Wow.

    That said....who has the scoop for the Super Champion this year?

    I like the idea of the Colts being the feel-good story with Luck.  The NFL needs another QB hero now that Manning is done and Brees and Brady are on their way out.

    Like another poster said, Colts.  Anyone else like them?  They are +1600 right now.  +750 to win the AFC.
    Reply
    One thing's for certain, television networks WOULD NEVER EVER air a program like this on television today.

    Could you see ESPN, FOX, or any of the major networks running something like this?  Wow.

    Rozelle looks like he doesn't know he's being filmed.  He's guilty as hell.  "Well, not as long as you have a long-term contract..." (cue sh!t-eating, cocky grin)  Wow.

    That said....who has the scoop for the Super Champion this year?

    I like the idea of the Colts being the feel-good story with Luck.  The NFL needs another QB hero now that Manning is done and Brees and Brady are on their way out.

    Like another poster said, Colts.  Anyone else like them?  They are +1600 right now.  +750 to win the AFC.
     
    lavorat
    lavorat
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2013
    Posts: 2109
    Posted: Aug. 20, 2016 - 5:41 PM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    Mafi,

    I'm sorry to have disappointed you. Perhaps you can bust me down to 1/2-wit

    It is not MY truth, but that of Sports Illustrated. I believe they poked enough holes in the hot air balloon to deflate it.

    You are correct, I didn't watch it. With such a sterling review by SI, why would I? You can use film to tell your story in whatever direction you want to tell it.....

    If you watch a movie like "JFK", you probably should know what direction the film is going. Sex sells, and so does SENSATIONALISM. So does CONTROVERSY. 

    Gosh, were there filmed discussions after 9/11, regarding the Twin Towers? 

    Iraq/Iran? Big oil? Going back, how about Viet Nam? Sorry, but Oliver Stone connected even that to the JFK conspiracy......

    Forgive me about the deflated remark, but we are talking a league that had a lot of ink for Deflategate, correct? Deflated footballs put a real non-positive story out there for how long? Tom Brady sitting out four games is not a real positive story, don't you think?

    Eric Davis was sitting in for Rich Eisen yesterday on his show. He brought up how the NFL fined him.....
    For a Pro Bowl game......
    Because his shirt was untucked.....
    .......................Ten Thousand dollars.

    And this is a league that arranges hits, drowns people, fixes every damned game?

    I have a friend the reffed high school games. Graded out well enough to move "up" to junior college games. He couldn't even go into a sportsbook!

    Read about what an NFL ref has to do before a Sunday game. Basically, live the life of a monk. Yet somehow, they've been instructed to make sure that..................I don't think so.

    I also respect Summa, another valued member of this space. He has his opinion, I'll give mine.

    Games/point spreads......it's called PARITY. It happens. The worst teams draft early, and should get the better players. 

    Unless, you're the Cleveland Browns. I have no idea why the NFL doesn't "fix" this franchise. I mean, they run everything, so it stands to reason, they could make a lot of money if............well...........

    Thursday Night games are close? No kidding. These games suck because the teams are just too beat up from playing on Sunday.

    And the schedule is also huge, let's face it.

    I wish I had the time to locate this one, but somehow, a team that played in London, had to fly back and then play a Thursday Night game. I don't have to tell you what happened..........

    Thanks for keeping us on our toes, and thanks about the great news about the Mystic being banned. What an idiot. "Brady only throws short" Yeah. 5000 yard season on nothing but dinks........right.

    And thanks, Summa, for shooting down Mystic with some great counter stats

    See you in the funny papers

    Well that does tell us everything we need to know. You have to be right because we all know SI would NEVER print anything that's not true. Come on...you have to have a better leg to stand on. I've gambled on and watched enough games to know that some (not all) games are at least INFLUENCED not necessarily fixed.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    Mafi,

    I'm sorry to have disappointed you. Perhaps you can bust me down to 1/2-wit

    It is not MY truth, but that of Sports Illustrated. I believe they poked enough holes in the hot air balloon to deflate it.

    You are correct, I didn't watch it. With such a sterling review by SI, why would I? You can use film to tell your story in whatever direction you want to tell it.....

    If you watch a movie like "JFK", you probably should know what direction the film is going. Sex sells, and so does SENSATIONALISM. So does CONTROVERSY. 

    Gosh, were there filmed discussions after 9/11, regarding the Twin Towers? 

    Iraq/Iran? Big oil? Going back, how about Viet Nam? Sorry, but Oliver Stone connected even that to the JFK conspiracy......

    Forgive me about the deflated remark, but we are talking a league that had a lot of ink for Deflategate, correct? Deflated footballs put a real non-positive story out there for how long? Tom Brady sitting out four games is not a real positive story, don't you think?

    Eric Davis was sitting in for Rich Eisen yesterday on his show. He brought up how the NFL fined him.....
    For a Pro Bowl game......
    Because his shirt was untucked.....
    .......................Ten Thousand dollars.

    And this is a league that arranges hits, drowns people, fixes every damned game?

    I have a friend the reffed high school games. Graded out well enough to move "up" to junior college games. He couldn't even go into a sportsbook!

    Read about what an NFL ref has to do before a Sunday game. Basically, live the life of a monk. Yet somehow, they've been instructed to make sure that..................I don't think so.

    I also respect Summa, another valued member of this space. He has his opinion, I'll give mine.

    Games/point spreads......it's called PARITY. It happens. The worst teams draft early, and should get the better players. 

    Unless, you're the Cleveland Browns. I have no idea why the NFL doesn't "fix" this franchise. I mean, they run everything, so it stands to reason, they could make a lot of money if............well...........

    Thursday Night games are close? No kidding. These games suck because the teams are just too beat up from playing on Sunday.

    And the schedule is also huge, let's face it.

    I wish I had the time to locate this one, but somehow, a team that played in London, had to fly back and then play a Thursday Night game. I don't have to tell you what happened..........

    Thanks for keeping us on our toes, and thanks about the great news about the Mystic being banned. What an idiot. "Brady only throws short" Yeah. 5000 yard season on nothing but dinks........right.

    And thanks, Summa, for shooting down Mystic with some great counter stats

    See you in the funny papers

    Well that does tell us everything we need to know. You have to be right because we all know SI would NEVER print anything that's not true. Come on...you have to have a better leg to stand on. I've gambled on and watched enough games to know that some (not all) games are at least INFLUENCED not necessarily fixed.  
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Aug. 20, 2016 - 6:59 PM ET #41

    I've learned that its impossible or nearly impossible to change someones mind on this subject.

    While I completely disagree with Hawk on this matter
    Emphatically disagree with him on this matter

    And this is for you loggSh+tCottage
    I still respect his take on the issue even though I disagree with him.

    I do not start name calling or acting like a freak show like you do trying to put others down for what we believe in.

    Its called a civilized discussion on the matter.

    and while your at it loggy 
    post a pick or two and some insight on a matchup
    unless you want all 2380 posts to be the same repetitive drivel on how stupid everyone is for believing in the fix



    Reply
    I've learned that its impossible or nearly impossible to change someones mind on this subject.

    While I completely disagree with Hawk on this matter
    Emphatically disagree with him on this matter

    And this is for you loggSh+tCottage
    I still respect his take on the issue even though I disagree with him.

    I do not start name calling or acting like a freak show like you do trying to put others down for what we believe in.

    Its called a civilized discussion on the matter.

    and while your at it loggy 
    post a pick or two and some insight on a matchup
    unless you want all 2380 posts to be the same repetitive drivel on how stupid everyone is for believing in the fix



     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6476
    Posted: Aug. 20, 2016 - 7:09 PM ET #42

    Mafioso, when your book alerts you to markedly lopsided action, I would imagine that most, if not all, of the time it's on the favorite, especially a favorite with a hotshot QB or a nationally televised game.  Is that the case?

    TIA.
    Reply
    Mafioso, when your book alerts you to markedly lopsided action, I would imagine that most, if not all, of the time it's on the favorite, especially a favorite with a hotshot QB or a nationally televised game.  Is that the case?

    TIA.
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Aug. 20, 2016 - 8:50 PM ET #43

    True dogbite most of the time that is indeed the case.
    The true gems are when they all align on a certain underdog.
    That is where they get crushed.
    They hit at around a 20% rate when they are all on the dog.
    Public can't pick a dog to save there lives.
    Reply
    True dogbite most of the time that is indeed the case.
    The true gems are when they all align on a certain underdog.
    That is where they get crushed.
    They hit at around a 20% rate when they are all on the dog.
    Public can't pick a dog to save there lives.
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Aug. 22, 2016 - 9:29 AM ET #44

    So, if every game is "influenced" is everyone who place a bet an idiot for doing so?
    Reply
    So, if every game is "influenced" is everyone who place a bet an idiot for doing so?
     
    Wess_Tijuana
    Wess_Tijuana
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 268
    Posted: Aug. 22, 2016 - 1:38 PM ET #45

    Interestingly, Savitch was heavily criticized during her career for her lack of reporting prowess, but her insights on Frontline as depicted in this expose significantly exceed anything I currently see on CNN, FOX, MSNBC or even PBS from the standpoint of investigative journalism

    IMHO
    Reply
    Interestingly, Savitch was heavily criticized during her career for her lack of reporting prowess, but her insights on Frontline as depicted in this expose significantly exceed anything I currently see on CNN, FOX, MSNBC or even PBS from the standpoint of investigative journalism

    IMHO
     
    tombstoned
    tombstoned
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 492
    Posted: Aug. 22, 2016 - 3:36 PM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    So, if every game is "influenced" is everyone who place a bet an idiot for doing so?


    The fix/script crowd is no better at picking games than the rest of us. If someone could actually identify the fix before the outcome, well then....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    So, if every game is "influenced" is everyone who place a bet an idiot for doing so?


    The fix/script crowd is no better at picking games than the rest of us. If someone could actually identify the fix before the outcome, well then....
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Aug. 22, 2016 - 6:12 PM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    So, if every game is "influenced" is everyone who place a bet an idiot for doing so?

    It's a game within a game for us.
    Think of it like playing blackjack without counting cards.
    It's just blackjack.
    Now if your counting cards
    You are playing a game within a game.

    I believe they fix games
    Will always believe it
    Let me put it this way.
    I handicap games as well
    Problem with traditional handicapping is that the info is out there for everyone to see.
    There is no edge to be gained.
    And if traditional handicapping truly worked the sports books wouldn't be in business.

    I would rather side with the books then the public who bet green bay last year just about every week in the season
    Packers started 4-0 ATS
    Finished off 7-11 ats that includes playoffs regular season finish 5-11
    Everyone pounded the red hot redskins vs the packers in that first round matchup as the packers looked dead in the water as they finished the year 5-11 ATS
    I'm proud to say
    I went 7-2 last year fading and going with the packers
    Bet them both playoff games and went 5-2 fading them in the regular season.

    To the other guy tombstoned
    I'll address what he said here in this reply as we have a history of really disliking each other.

    He says the fix crowd does no better than your average non fixed believing handicapper.

    Percentage wise
    Yeah maybe so
    But disipline wise
    We have you you guys who pound the quote unquote better team beat by miles upon miles.

    Those of us that believe in the fix are cautious with our money
    Not reckless laying the pats -10 vs the Colts

    We spend the whole week looking for those games we believe are tampered with.
    Our discipline is light years ahead of the majority that doesn't believe in it.
    We know we are dealing with a crooked element and therefore are extremely careful.

    It's pretty hard to have someone on message board since 1996 still contributing to the boards of we are perenial losers as you people who don't believe in the fix claim.

    I was at talksport for a longtime
    My first handle there was playboy
    System upgraded all usernames were lost someone else took my name lol
    It was then I went with uncle benny

    From 1998 to present at everyedge problem there is a lot of Canadian posters and not enough of them. My handle there is mafiaownssports

    So I been around a long long time
    Stole many man's soul and faith
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    So, if every game is "influenced" is everyone who place a bet an idiot for doing so?

    It's a game within a game for us.
    Think of it like playing blackjack without counting cards.
    It's just blackjack.
    Now if your counting cards
    You are playing a game within a game.

    I believe they fix games
    Will always believe it
    Let me put it this way.
    I handicap games as well
    Problem with traditional handicapping is that the info is out there for everyone to see.
    There is no edge to be gained.
    And if traditional handicapping truly worked the sports books wouldn't be in business.

    I would rather side with the books then the public who bet green bay last year just about every week in the season
    Packers started 4-0 ATS
    Finished off 7-11 ats that includes playoffs regular season finish 5-11
    Everyone pounded the red hot redskins vs the packers in that first round matchup as the packers looked dead in the water as they finished the year 5-11 ATS
    I'm proud to say
    I went 7-2 last year fading and going with the packers
    Bet them both playoff games and went 5-2 fading them in the regular season.

    To the other guy tombstoned
    I'll address what he said here in this reply as we have a history of really disliking each other.

    He says the fix crowd does no better than your average non fixed believing handicapper.

    Percentage wise
    Yeah maybe so
    But disipline wise
    We have you you guys who pound the quote unquote better team beat by miles upon miles.

    Those of us that believe in the fix are cautious with our money
    Not reckless laying the pats -10 vs the Colts

    We spend the whole week looking for those games we believe are tampered with.
    Our discipline is light years ahead of the majority that doesn't believe in it.
    We know we are dealing with a crooked element and therefore are extremely careful.

    It's pretty hard to have someone on message board since 1996 still contributing to the boards of we are perenial losers as you people who don't believe in the fix claim.

    I was at talksport for a longtime
    My first handle there was playboy
    System upgraded all usernames were lost someone else took my name lol
    It was then I went with uncle benny

    From 1998 to present at everyedge problem there is a lot of Canadian posters and not enough of them. My handle there is mafiaownssports

    So I been around a long long time
    Stole many man's soul and faith
     
    tombstoned
    tombstoned
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 492
    Posted: Aug. 22, 2016 - 9:46 PM ET #48

    I don't dislike you at all really, mafioso. You poked at me, I poked back, or vise versa. I don't hold arbitrary grudges and overall I actually find many of your posts to be entertaining and purposeful. With that said, my stance on the fix has always been more centered around the implausibility of people carrying out these fixes without screwing up, getting caught, squeeling, etc. Many humans are incompetent by nature and if given complicated tasks will often fail in some way. This alone tells me players are not involved as most would agree they are likely not the sharpest tools in the shed. It also is not plausible to me why the league would care who I wager my money on as they make about a gazillion dollars in TV & merchandizing revenue. This in my mind narrows down the list of fixing suspects to perhaps a few rogue individuals, of which I have never denied as a possibility. My personal handicapping strategy has nothing to do with fixes, stats or x's & o's, but rather I try to always be on the opposite side of what I believe is the public perception. If a line seems to short, it probably isn't. If a line seems to large, it probably isn't. If a line seems to easy, it probably isn't. I will typically handicap an entire weeks slate of games in about 30 seconds. The only fix I see is the one oddsmakers apply to our minds.
    Reply
    I don't dislike you at all really, mafioso. You poked at me, I poked back, or vise versa. I don't hold arbitrary grudges and overall I actually find many of your posts to be entertaining and purposeful. With that said, my stance on the fix has always been more centered around the implausibility of people carrying out these fixes without screwing up, getting caught, squeeling, etc. Many humans are incompetent by nature and if given complicated tasks will often fail in some way. This alone tells me players are not involved as most would agree they are likely not the sharpest tools in the shed. It also is not plausible to me why the league would care who I wager my money on as they make about a gazillion dollars in TV & merchandizing revenue. This in my mind narrows down the list of fixing suspects to perhaps a few rogue individuals, of which I have never denied as a possibility. My personal handicapping strategy has nothing to do with fixes, stats or x's & o's, but rather I try to always be on the opposite side of what I believe is the public perception. If a line seems to short, it probably isn't. If a line seems to large, it probably isn't. If a line seems to easy, it probably isn't. I will typically handicap an entire weeks slate of games in about 30 seconds. The only fix I see is the one oddsmakers apply to our minds.
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Aug. 22, 2016 - 11:05 PM ET #49

    Point taken
    I don't think it's the players that are in on it.
    Owners sportsbook operators the league and the refs.
    I believe Vegas or old Vegas mob Vegas worked with the NFL and to this day have so much dirt on them that it's a forced partnership

    I also believe the NFL will fix games for tv ratings.

    My best example of this was 2 years ago when Detroit was at Dallas playoff game.

    Go back to that game
    Clearly blatant pass interference call that was never called then a offensive pass interference call that was never called.
    Refs did everything in their power to insure a Dallas victory.
    Why?
    What sounds more sexy for tv?
    Detroit @ Seattle and green bay vs Carolina
    Or Carolina @ Seattle with Russel Wilson vs Cam Newton
    And the marquee Sunday game with the Dallas cowboys at the green bay packers?

    I can't believe it just fell that way.
    Had Dallas truly earned that victory without all the controversial bs I'd say yeah maybe.

    Its all about money.
    Even Detroit qb Mathew Stafford was saying to refs and he was miked up.
    Really guys
    Wow
    Wow
    I get it
    I understand but wow.
    Reply
    Point taken
    I don't think it's the players that are in on it.
    Owners sportsbook operators the league and the refs.
    I believe Vegas or old Vegas mob Vegas worked with the NFL and to this day have so much dirt on them that it's a forced partnership

    I also believe the NFL will fix games for tv ratings.

    My best example of this was 2 years ago when Detroit was at Dallas playoff game.

    Go back to that game
    Clearly blatant pass interference call that was never called then a offensive pass interference call that was never called.
    Refs did everything in their power to insure a Dallas victory.
    Why?
    What sounds more sexy for tv?
    Detroit @ Seattle and green bay vs Carolina
    Or Carolina @ Seattle with Russel Wilson vs Cam Newton
    And the marquee Sunday game with the Dallas cowboys at the green bay packers?

    I can't believe it just fell that way.
    Had Dallas truly earned that victory without all the controversial bs I'd say yeah maybe.

    Its all about money.
    Even Detroit qb Mathew Stafford was saying to refs and he was miked up.
    Really guys
    Wow
    Wow
    I get it
    I understand but wow.
     
     
    LogCottage
    LogCottage
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 4755
    Posted: Aug. 23, 2016 - 12:58 AM ET #50

    To all you kids who mistakenly come here for gambling advice:
    SPORTSBOOKS ONLY ACCOUNT FOR 1% OF VEGAS REVENUE.
    SLOTS AND TABLE GAMES ARE THEIR BREAD & BUTTER.
    THIS POSTER IS DELUSIONAL...
    AND GETTING WORSE EVERY YEAR.

    Reply
    To all you kids who mistakenly come here for gambling advice:
    SPORTSBOOKS ONLY ACCOUNT FOR 1% OF VEGAS REVENUE.
    SLOTS AND TABLE GAMES ARE THEIR BREAD & BUTTER.
    THIS POSTER IS DELUSIONAL...
    AND GETTING WORSE EVERY YEAR.

    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,207
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 268,873
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,695
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,274
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 683
    • MLB Playoffs 5,102
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 6,768
    • Trump's legacy? 33,921
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,284
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,978

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.