As a commissioner: If a player gets Locked out from making a lineup change, do you allow him to text/call you so you can use your commissioner powers to make the change as long as the game hasn't started?
As a player: do you expect your commish to do this for you if you get locked out?
I think missing the deadline is your own fault and the commissh should not step in. Why is it called a deadline if it isn't? It also opens the door to miscommunications with the opponent, or what if the commish is not even reachable before the game starts?
If a player was incapacitated and asked me in advance to swap out a player that was announced active/inactive for example, I'd be ok with it. But the move would be done before any deadlines were violated.
I'm being called the bad guy in this situation and don't think I deserve it. Interested to hear what others think. Thanks!
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
I'm a commissioner in a CBS Fantasy League.
Lineups LOCK 5 minutes before each players' game.
As a commissioner: If a player gets Locked out from making a lineup change, do you allow him to text/call you so you can use your commissioner powers to make the change as long as the game hasn't started?
As a player: do you expect your commish to do this for you if you get locked out?
I think missing the deadline is your own fault and the commissh should not step in. Why is it called a deadline if it isn't? It also opens the door to miscommunications with the opponent, or what if the commish is not even reachable before the game starts?
If a player was incapacitated and asked me in advance to swap out a player that was announced active/inactive for example, I'd be ok with it. But the move would be done before any deadlines were violated.
I'm being called the bad guy in this situation and don't think I deserve it. Interested to hear what others think. Thanks!
I have been running a ESPN league for 16 years now. The league members haven’t changed much over the years! I was in this situation once and I didn’t make the deadline changes for my uncle and he was pissed! In my opinion, you made the right decision! It’s not on you to baby sit your league members! The league members are solely responsible for setting their lineups before each game! Stand by your decision and don’t feel guilty! You’re not the bad guy here!
I have been running a ESPN league for 16 years now. The league members haven’t changed much over the years! I was in this situation once and I didn’t make the deadline changes for my uncle and he was pissed! In my opinion, you made the right decision! It’s not on you to baby sit your league members! The league members are solely responsible for setting their lineups before each game! Stand by your decision and don’t feel guilty! You’re not the bad guy here!