Search model icon

49ers move to 3rd pick

Participants:
Views: 332

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31141794/san-francisco-49ers-move-nfl-draft-acquire-no-3-pick-miami-dolphins-sources-say

Sharp as a spoon

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

Quote Originally Posted by benhogan76:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31141794/san-francisco-49ers-move-nfl-draft-acquire-no-3-pick-miami-dolphins-sources-say

They gave up a ton for team saying Jimmy G is there guy this season ...Interesting 

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

@DoubleUp4Life

It worked out for KC, drafting Mahomes and playing him behind A Smith.  I think SF would do this if they loved a WR enough or Pitts.

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

@DoubleUp4Life  It worked out for KC, drafting Mahomes and playing him behind A Smith.  I think SF would do this if they loved a WR enough or Pitts.

That's true ..At the moment the draft know it all's are hyping Lawrence and then Wilson #2 ....

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

hilarious move, wont get either of the top 2 QBs....and traded a fortune

huge drop off in QB talent after lawrence/wilson....mac jones actually might be the 3rd best QB in the draft

macdiddy aka eli 2.0 aka mac jones!!!!

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Bengals might be biggest winner in this, at 5 they might get choice of best non QB on board.

Sharp as a spoon

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Right you are, benhogan76...they very well might be !!!

And LMAO if the Falcons took a QB at #4...that would be the biggest screw up since the Pack took Jordan Love last year.  Matt Ryan can still play, threw for almost 4,600 yds last season (4th behind Watson, Mahomes and Brady)...26/11 in TD/INT and a passer rating of 93.3

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

No one thinks..perhaps Shanahan and Lynch had a talk with Salah and company and just maybe they’re going Oregon and keeping Darnold at Qb so they gave them a heads up and they moved up?

San Francisco 49ers already locked up they’re meaningful core contracts for a while so it’s not a huge gamble giving up what they did...I just can’t see them moving up that much and giving up what they did for a QB Jones which is basically the same thing as jimmy.. 

also slightly moving in front of Atlanta which was also eyeing Wilson..

I’ll be shocked if San Francisco 49ers picks Mac Jones over Wilson or Lance

Who knows maybe Jets take Oregon Sewell 

On the other hand Jaguars could throw a monkey wrench and take Wilson..I thought it was weird they had Lawrence try out..

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Lawrence Sewell and Wilson best 3 prospects in the draft by a mile

bengals will be dumb to not take sewell if he makes it to 5

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Quote Originally Posted by ChOmP:

No one thinks..perhaps Shanahan and Lynch had a talk with Salah and company and just maybe they’re going Oregon and keeping Darnold at Qb so they gave them a heads up and they moved up? San Francisco 49ers already locked up they’re meaningful core contracts for a while so it’s not a huge gamble giving up what they did...I just can’t see them moving up that much and giving up what they did for a QB Jones which is basically the same thing as jimmy..  also slightly moving in front of Atlanta which was also eyeing Wilson.. I’ll be shocked if San Francisco 49ers picks Mac Jones over Wilson or Lance Who knows maybe Jets take Oregon Sewell    On the other hand Jaguars could throw a monkey wrench and take Wilson..I thought it was weird they had Lawrence try out..
I can’t see that, Jets are taking Wilson.  If they wanted  Sewell they could trade down.  As Jets fan I would prefer them taking him but not happening.

Sharp as a spoon

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

Quote Originally Posted by ChOmP:

No one thinks..perhaps Shanahan and Lynch had a talk with Salah and company and just maybe they’re going Oregon and keeping Darnold at Qb so they gave them a heads up and they moved up? San Francisco 49ers already locked up they’re meaningful core contracts for a while so it’s not a huge gamble giving up what they did...I just can’t see them moving up that much and giving up what they did for a QB Jones which is basically the same thing as jimmy..  also slightly moving in front of Atlanta which was also eyeing Wilson.. I’ll be shocked if San Francisco 49ers picks Mac Jones over Wilson or Lance Who knows maybe Jets take Oregon Sewell    On the other hand Jaguars could throw a monkey wrench and take Wilson..I thought it was weird they had Lawrence try out..

I like Darnold ..played for some bad teams ...JETS dont need a QB IMO , might be smart to take Sewwell ..This is a tough draft to figure out ..Guessing we'll see a few more trades before 12 picks are off the board .

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

Jets are taking Wilson and speculation now is 49ers traded up to take Jonesan_eek2

I agree with you though I would rather keep Sam and take Olineman and then WR with 2nd 1st rounder.

Sharp as a spoon

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

Sam is trash...All the excuses is how he did not have coaching or the supporting cast.  I have seen so many times he threw WTF INT's and make dumb plays with no pressure in his face.  Good QB's elevate bad teams....The bad outweigh the good with Sammy Ghosts.

Scary Cat DO

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

@DoubleUp4Life

Jets can't afford to make the smart football move. They need some excitement from their fans which means a QB, IMO

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

Quote Originally Posted by davemsh:

Sam is trash...All the excuses is how he did not have coaching or the supporting cast.  I have seen so many times he threw WTF INT's and make dumb plays with no pressure in his face.  Good QB's elevate bad teams....The bad outweigh the good with Sammy Ghosts.
What rookie QB elevated bad team recently?  Terrible coaching, no skill players, as always you are right he is trash.

Sharp as a spoon

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

@DoubleUp4Life  Jets can't afford to make the smart football move. They need some excitement from their fans which means a QB, IMO

Saleh should be a huge upgrade ..

Maybe they'll go 3-14 this year .LOL 

Cant wait to watch him jump up and down cheerleading on the sideline as the BILLS hammer whatever sacrificial rookie lamb they put back there at QB ..

I hope Darnold gets shipped to the NFC and leads his team to the playoffs ...

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

Jets are taking Wilson and speculation now is 49ers traded up to take Jones I agree with you though I would rather keep Sam and take Olineman and then WR with 2nd 1st rounder.

Mac Jones ..lol ...At best he's the next Cade McNown ....

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #18

Quote Originally Posted by davemsh: Sam is trash...All the excuses is how he did not have coaching or the supporting cast.  I have seen so many times he threw WTF INT's and make dumb plays with no pressure in his face.  Good QB's elevate bad teams....The bad outweigh the good with Sammy Ghosts.What rookie QB elevated bad team recently?  Terrible coaching, no skill players, as always you are right he is trash.

Darnold is going into his 4th year.  He is not a rookie. How long does he need..either u got it or u don’t.  U gotta start showing something.  Trubisky so far has had a way better career and the Bears cut their losses and moved on.  

Scary Cat DO

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #19

mac jones is literally Eli 2.0 if you turn on the tape

funny I figured ole mac diddy could end up going 3rd overall

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #20

Quote Originally Posted by davemsh:

Quote Originally Posted by benhogan76: Quote Originally Posted by davemsh: Sam is trash...All the excuses is how he did not have coaching or the supporting cast.  I have seen so many times he threw WTF INT's and make dumb plays with no pressure in his face.  Good QB's elevate bad teams....The bad outweigh the good with Sammy Ghosts.What rookie QB elevated bad team recently?  Terrible coaching, no skill players, as always you are right he is trash.   Darnold is going into his 4th year.  He is not a rookie. How long does he need..either u got it or u don’t.  U gotta start showing something.  Trubisky so far has had a way better career and the Bears cut their losses and moved on.

Jets have very little talent on both sides of the ball..Throw in horrible coaching...

Not saying Darnold is some great QB ..But he still has time to pan out 

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #21

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

Quote Originally Posted by davemsh: Quote Originally Posted by benhogan76: Quote Originally Posted by davemsh: Sam is trash...All the excuses is how he did not have coaching or the supporting cast.  I have seen so many times he threw WTF INT's and make dumb plays with no pressure in his face.  Good QB's elevate bad teams....The bad outweigh the good with Sammy Ghosts.What rookie QB elevated bad team recently?  Terrible coaching, no skill players, as always you are right he is trash.   Darnold is going into his 4th year.  He is not a rookie. How long does he need..either u got it or u don’t.  U gotta start showing something.  Trubisky so far has had a way better career and the Bears cut their losses and moved on.   Jets have very little talent on both sides of the ball..Throw in horrible coaching... Not saying Darnold is some great QB ..But he still has time to pan out

Hard to see Salah.and the new jets front office tie themselves to Darnold. even rookie head coaches you have 2 years max to start really winning games....Jets have to decide to pick up his 5th year $20Million option by May 3rd....Crazy for a Qb that has done nothing in 3 years..lets give him another 2 years.. But hey its the Jets..So would not be surprising....

Scary Cat DO
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo