• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Music

    Your Most Rockin' & Rollinest Rock & Roll Song

    «First Previous 12
    cashin
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Caroline01
    Biscuiteater1
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4411
    Posts: 48
    «First Previous 12
     
    cashin
    cashin
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 17210
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2017 - 1:46 AM ET #26

    Hey GMN - crank this 1 up & see what you think. Not to mention Jimi's version. A helluva lot better organic musicianship than Ted ever dreamed of. Neil Young doing "All Along the Watchtower"..

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DBewzgXgYk
    Reply
    Hey GMN - crank this 1 up & see what you think. Not to mention Jimi's version. A helluva lot better organic musicianship than Ted ever dreamed of. Neil Young doing "All Along the Watchtower"..

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DBewzgXgYk
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2017 - 10:17 AM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by cashin:

    Hey GMN - crank this 1 up & see what you think. Not to mention Jimi's version. A helluva lot better organic musicianship than Ted ever dreamed of. Neil Young doing "All Along the Watchtower"..

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DBewzgXgYk

    Ehhhh..... No.....

    It sounds like he's playing it in slow motion. Like a 45 record on 33 RPM.....

    Why would I choose this when there's an even better version of it out there? It's like I'm about to bang Nina Agdal (Google her ) and you're trying to push Rosie O'Donnell on me. See, if you'd of said the Jimi version, then I'm in. That gets cranked from the very first guitar riff. Even Bob Dylan is like, "Yeah, that's Jimi's song now" 

    Quit trying to force feed me Neil Young! What are you his agent or something? Nothing he does would ever make this thread. O.K., if I'm shooting pool in a bar with some buddies and Neil Young comes on the jukebox, I might bob my head once or twice - but I'm not turning my pool cue into a Stratocaster and doing my best Angus Young impression. BTW - "Shoot To Thrill" makes the thread, pretty much any AC/DC does.....

    You get an 'A' for the Jimi version, and a C- for Neil Young



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cashin:

    Hey GMN - crank this 1 up & see what you think. Not to mention Jimi's version. A helluva lot better organic musicianship than Ted ever dreamed of. Neil Young doing "All Along the Watchtower"..

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DBewzgXgYk

    Ehhhh..... No.....

    It sounds like he's playing it in slow motion. Like a 45 record on 33 RPM.....

    Why would I choose this when there's an even better version of it out there? It's like I'm about to bang Nina Agdal (Google her ) and you're trying to push Rosie O'Donnell on me. See, if you'd of said the Jimi version, then I'm in. That gets cranked from the very first guitar riff. Even Bob Dylan is like, "Yeah, that's Jimi's song now" 

    Quit trying to force feed me Neil Young! What are you his agent or something? Nothing he does would ever make this thread. O.K., if I'm shooting pool in a bar with some buddies and Neil Young comes on the jukebox, I might bob my head once or twice - but I'm not turning my pool cue into a Stratocaster and doing my best Angus Young impression. BTW - "Shoot To Thrill" makes the thread, pretty much any AC/DC does.....

    You get an 'A' for the Jimi version, and a C- for Neil Young



     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2017 - 6:11 PM ET #28

    All Along The Watchtower is clearly Jimi's song, but this is a great version of it ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlkkRub6MU

    You have to listen to it all the way through to appreciate just how good Mayer is on guitar.

    But an even better cover of a famous 'Jimi' tune is this one ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn1zV0ppJDo

    Another one you have to listen to the entire song to truly appreciate just how great a guitarist Mayer is.
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    All Along The Watchtower is clearly Jimi's song, but this is a great version of it ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlkkRub6MU

    You have to listen to it all the way through to appreciate just how good Mayer is on guitar.

    But an even better cover of a famous 'Jimi' tune is this one ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn1zV0ppJDo

    Another one you have to listen to the entire song to truly appreciate just how great a guitarist Mayer is.
     
    Caroline01
    Caroline01
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2017
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2017 - 4:52 AM ET #29

    hello guys i am a music lover .. and what songs do you listen >>/?
    Reply
    hello guys i am a music lover .. and what songs do you listen >>/?
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jun. 30, 2017 - 11:00 AM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    All Along The Watchtower is clearly Jimi's song, but this is a great version of it ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlkkRub6MU

    You have to listen to it all the way through to appreciate just how good Mayer is on guitar.

    But an even better cover of a famous 'Jimi' tune is this one ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn1zV0ppJDo

    Another one you have to listen to the entire song to truly appreciate just how great a guitarist Mayer is.



    These should be moved to Goose's "Best Cover" thread.

    Jimi's "Voodoo Chile" definitely gets an 'A' for this thread. 


    You know the second you hear that opening 'WAH' riff that you're cranking the volume. Even better example than Watchtower.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    All Along The Watchtower is clearly Jimi's song, but this is a great version of it ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlkkRub6MU

    You have to listen to it all the way through to appreciate just how good Mayer is on guitar.

    But an even better cover of a famous 'Jimi' tune is this one ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn1zV0ppJDo

    Another one you have to listen to the entire song to truly appreciate just how great a guitarist Mayer is.



    These should be moved to Goose's "Best Cover" thread.

    Jimi's "Voodoo Chile" definitely gets an 'A' for this thread. 


    You know the second you hear that opening 'WAH' riff that you're cranking the volume. Even better example than Watchtower.....
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jun. 30, 2017 - 11:12 AM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by zebrakiller:

    GALLOWS POLE Zepplin -  Takes too long to build, too much acoustic guitar, too "Zeppeliny" (refer to post #8 of this thread).

    RAG DOLL aerosmith - ehhhh.... C- "Back In The Saddle" or "Eat The Rich" would've gotten you to at least a B-

    DReam On Aerosmith -  NO!!!!!!!!!!!! "Dream On" if you think that makes the cut.....


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrakiller:

    GALLOWS POLE Zepplin -  Takes too long to build, too much acoustic guitar, too "Zeppeliny" (refer to post #8 of this thread).

    RAG DOLL aerosmith - ehhhh.... C- "Back In The Saddle" or "Eat The Rich" would've gotten you to at least a B-

    DReam On Aerosmith -  NO!!!!!!!!!!!! "Dream On" if you think that makes the cut.....


     
    Biscuiteater1
    Biscuiteater1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 33095
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2017 - 2:22 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    You covet noise.You have no understanding what RockandRoll is or was.You have the musical sense of AM radio.The Blues are the DNA of rockandroll ,where do you think the guitar solo originated and of course the Blues do not depress the listener they elevate him."I'm going to leave here running,walking is most too slow"-Key to Highway.
    Muddy Waters.....there's a real downer. You argue between David Roth and Sam Hagar and which bubble-gum tunes are "rockenest"
    probably because they were the soundtrack to your most memorable intoxification.
    Phillistine!!!!! 
     
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    You covet noise.You have no understanding what RockandRoll is or was.You have the musical sense of AM radio.The Blues are the DNA of rockandroll ,where do you think the guitar solo originated and of course the Blues do not depress the listener they elevate him."I'm going to leave here running,walking is most too slow"-Key to Highway.
    Muddy Waters.....there's a real downer. You argue between David Roth and Sam Hagar and which bubble-gum tunes are "rockenest"
    probably because they were the soundtrack to your most memorable intoxification.
    Phillistine!!!!! 
     
     
    Biscuiteater1
    Biscuiteater1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 33095
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2017 - 2:26 PM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    All Along The Watchtower is clearly Jimi's song, but this is a great version of it ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlkkRub6MU

    You have to listen to it all the way through to appreciate just how good Mayer is on guitar.

    But an even better cover of a famous 'Jimi' tune is this one ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn1zV0ppJDo

    Another one you have to listen to the entire song to truly appreciate just how great a guitarist Mayer is.
    Mayer is giving a good workout on some Dead tunes nowdays, i hear a few now & again in the car. And from what i hear people are loving the shows.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    All Along The Watchtower is clearly Jimi's song, but this is a great version of it ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlkkRub6MU

    You have to listen to it all the way through to appreciate just how good Mayer is on guitar.

    But an even better cover of a famous 'Jimi' tune is this one ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn1zV0ppJDo

    Another one you have to listen to the entire song to truly appreciate just how great a guitarist Mayer is.
    Mayer is giving a good workout on some Dead tunes nowdays, i hear a few now & again in the car. And from what i hear people are loving the shows.
     
    Biscuiteater1
    Biscuiteater1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 33095
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2017 - 2:32 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    "Neil Young" & "Rockinest Rollinest Rock And Roll Song" should not only not be in the same sentence ... they should not be in the same language 
    Neil could rock with the best of them when he chose too. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    "Neil Young" & "Rockinest Rollinest Rock And Roll Song" should not only not be in the same sentence ... they should not be in the same language 
    Neil could rock with the best of them when he chose too. 
     
    Biscuiteater1
    Biscuiteater1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 33095
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2017 - 2:38 PM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuiteater1:

    Neil could rock with the best of them when he chose too. 
    Anyone who saw CSN&Y or Crazy Horse knows this. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuiteater1:

    Neil could rock with the best of them when he chose too. 
    Anyone who saw CSN&Y or Crazy Horse knows this. 
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2017 - 7:00 PM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by zebrakiller:



    RAG DOLL aerosmith

    DReam On Aerosmith



    O.K. - you would also get a B+ for "Sweet Emotion". That opening bass line craves a volume turn, and Steven Tyler & Joe Perry are a given, but when you can make Brad, Tom, & Joey "Sexy".....

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=82cJgPXU-ik

    You get a pass for this thread.....

     - like I said, B+
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrakiller:



    RAG DOLL aerosmith

    DReam On Aerosmith



    O.K. - you would also get a B+ for "Sweet Emotion". That opening bass line craves a volume turn, and Steven Tyler & Joe Perry are a given, but when you can make Brad, Tom, & Joey "Sexy".....

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=82cJgPXU-ik

    You get a pass for this thread.....

     - like I said, B+
     
    LogCottage
    LogCottage
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 4755
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2017 - 12:14 AM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuiteater1:

    Anyone who saw CSN&Y or Crazy Horse knows this. 
    ABSOLUTELY.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuiteater1:

    Anyone who saw CSN&Y or Crazy Horse knows this. 
    ABSOLUTELY.
     
    LogCottage
    LogCottage
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 4755
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2017 - 12:26 AM ET #38

    Granted, I'm growing old, but I grew up with the Beatles, Stones, Zepplin, Who, Elton, Hendrix, Allman Brothers and  on and on and on. Even the secondary groups like the Grass Roots and the Lovin Spoonful and many others made me have no interest in groups like Aerosmith that came later. I couldn't name one song by that band and I don't feel that I missed anything.
    Reply
    Granted, I'm growing old, but I grew up with the Beatles, Stones, Zepplin, Who, Elton, Hendrix, Allman Brothers and  on and on and on. Even the secondary groups like the Grass Roots and the Lovin Spoonful and many others made me have no interest in groups like Aerosmith that came later. I couldn't name one song by that band and I don't feel that I missed anything.
     
    konabuzz
    konabuzz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2002
    Posts: 6293
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2018 - 11:06 PM ET #39

    I'm gonna go with "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" by Van Halen.  I was cranking it up every time I heard it in my teens and I still turn it up to 11 whenever I hear it now.

     

    Naming a runner up was more challenging but I'd say it has to be "Waterloo" by Abba....Just kidding....I'm going with "5:15" by The Who.  an_2drinks

    Reply

    I'm gonna go with "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" by Van Halen.  I was cranking it up every time I heard it in my teens and I still turn it up to 11 whenever I hear it now.

     

    Naming a runner up was more challenging but I'd say it has to be "Waterloo" by Abba....Just kidding....I'm going with "5:15" by The Who.  an_2drinks

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2018 - 10:13 PM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by konabuzz:

    I'm gonna go with "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" by Van Halen.  I was cranking it up every time I heard it in my teens and I still turn it up to 11 whenever I hear it now.

     

    Naming a runner up was more challenging but I'd say it has to be "Waterloo" by Abba....Just kidding....I'm going with "5:15" by The Who.  



    Reminds me of my cover band days - - "D" tune your guitar a 1/2 step down, and if you can pick & play an "Am" to "G"  chord - - you're playing 90% of "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love"!!!!


    A+++!!!!

    But 5:15???


    Too "Artsy-Fartsy" - Hey, I love The Who, but to submit something off of Quadrophenia as "Rockin"????


    Nope......

    C- for that......


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by konabuzz:

    I'm gonna go with "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" by Van Halen.  I was cranking it up every time I heard it in my teens and I still turn it up to 11 whenever I hear it now.

     

    Naming a runner up was more challenging but I'd say it has to be "Waterloo" by Abba....Just kidding....I'm going with "5:15" by The Who.  



    Reminds me of my cover band days - - "D" tune your guitar a 1/2 step down, and if you can pick & play an "Am" to "G"  chord - - you're playing 90% of "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love"!!!!


    A+++!!!!

    But 5:15???


    Too "Artsy-Fartsy" - Hey, I love The Who, but to submit something off of Quadrophenia as "Rockin"????


    Nope......

    C- for that......


     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2018 - 10:26 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by zebrakiller:

    Posted: Mar. 28, 2018 - 3:59 PM ET "Quote" ?wmode=opaque&theme=dark" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>   Can you feel like a child? Can you see what I want? I wanna run through your wicked garden Heard that's the place to find ya But I'm alive So alive now I know the darkness blinds you Can you see without eyes? Can you speak without lies? I wanna drink from you naked fountain I can drown your sorrows I'm gonna burn, burn you to life now Out of the chains that bind you Can you see just like a child? Can you see just what I want? Can I bring you back to life? Are you scared of life? Burn, burn, burn Burn your wicked garden down Burn, burn, burn Burn your wicked garden to the ground Can you feel pain inside? Can you love? Can you cry? I wanna run through your wicked garden Heard that's the place to find you 'Cause I'm alive So alive now Out of the dark that blinds you Can you see just like a child? Can you see just what I want? Can I bring you back to life? Are you scared of life? Burn, burn, burn Burn your wicked garden down Burn, burn, burn Burn your wicked garden to the ground

     

    I'll give you a solid "B" - - but a much better option:

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by zebrakiller:

    Posted: Mar. 28, 2018 - 3:59 PM ET "Quote" ?wmode=opaque&theme=dark" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>   Can you feel like a child? Can you see what I want? I wanna run through your wicked garden Heard that's the place to find ya But I'm alive So alive now I know the darkness blinds you Can you see without eyes? Can you speak without lies? I wanna drink from you naked fountain I can drown your sorrows I'm gonna burn, burn you to life now Out of the chains that bind you Can you see just like a child? Can you see just what I want? Can I bring you back to life? Are you scared of life? Burn, burn, burn Burn your wicked garden down Burn, burn, burn Burn your wicked garden to the ground Can you feel pain inside? Can you love? Can you cry? I wanna run through your wicked garden Heard that's the place to find you 'Cause I'm alive So alive now Out of the dark that blinds you Can you see just like a child? Can you see just what I want? Can I bring you back to life? Are you scared of life? Burn, burn, burn Burn your wicked garden down Burn, burn, burn Burn your wicked garden to the ground

     

    I'll give you a solid "B" - - but a much better option:

     

     
    konabuzz
    konabuzz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2002
    Posts: 6293
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2018 - 10:49 PM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    Posted: Apr. 5, 2018 - 11:13 PM ET Reminds me of my cover band days - - "D" tune your guitar a 1/2 step down, and if you can pick & play an "Am" to "G"  chord - - you're playing 90% of "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love"!!!!A+++!!!!But 5:15???Too "Artsy-Fartsy" - Hey, I love The Who, but to submit something off of Quadrophenia as "Rockin"????Nope......C- for that......

    The "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" solo is even fairly straightforward and playable considering it's an Eddy solo.  C- for "5:15"?  I'll take it.  Beats the heck out of my average high school grades.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    Posted: Apr. 5, 2018 - 11:13 PM ET Reminds me of my cover band days - - "D" tune your guitar a 1/2 step down, and if you can pick & play an "Am" to "G"  chord - - you're playing 90% of "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love"!!!!A+++!!!!But 5:15???Too "Artsy-Fartsy" - Hey, I love The Who, but to submit something off of Quadrophenia as "Rockin"????Nope......C- for that......

    The "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" solo is even fairly straightforward and playable considering it's an Eddy solo.  C- for "5:15"?  I'll take it.  Beats the heck out of my average high school grades.

     

     
    zillagod
    zillagod
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2006
    Posts: 252
    Posted: May. 2, 2018 - 11:11 AM ET #43

    Blowing Free by Wishbone Ash from the Argus album.

    Reply

    Blowing Free by Wishbone Ash from the Argus album.

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: May. 30, 2018 - 10:08 AM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by zillagod:

    Blowing Free by Wishbone Ash from the Argus album.


    Honestly, I had never heard this song before, so I went and looked it up. It's got a very CSN & Y feel with the vocal harmonics, but with a heavier rock feel. Sort of Lynyrd Skynyrd lite - but in a good way. And you can tell every member of the band is a master of their instrument. Dig the guitar solo.....
    Thanks for this "new" song, I'm adding it to my playlist!


    Solid "B"

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by zillagod:

    Blowing Free by Wishbone Ash from the Argus album.


    Honestly, I had never heard this song before, so I went and looked it up. It's got a very CSN & Y feel with the vocal harmonics, but with a heavier rock feel. Sort of Lynyrd Skynyrd lite - but in a good way. And you can tell every member of the band is a master of their instrument. Dig the guitar solo.....
    Thanks for this "new" song, I'm adding it to my playlist!


    Solid "B"

     
    zillagod
    zillagod
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2006
    Posts: 252
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2018 - 4:40 AM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    Quote Originally Posted by zillagod:

    Blowing Free by Wishbone Ash from the Argus album.
    Honestly, I had never heard this song before, so I went and looked it up. It's got a very CSN & Y feel with the vocal harmonics, but with a heavier rock feel. Sort of Lynyrd Skynyrd lite - but in a good way. And you can tell every member of the band is a master of their instrument. Dig the guitar solo.....Thanks for this "new" song, I'm adding it to my playlist!Solid "B"
    You should really see them live. Andy Powell ( lead guitar and vocals ) is the only remaining member from the originals, and he still leads the group today. They are one of the best acts on tour, and next year Wishbone Ash will be celebrating 50 years. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    Quote Originally Posted by zillagod:

    Blowing Free by Wishbone Ash from the Argus album.
    Honestly, I had never heard this song before, so I went and looked it up. It's got a very CSN & Y feel with the vocal harmonics, but with a heavier rock feel. Sort of Lynyrd Skynyrd lite - but in a good way. And you can tell every member of the band is a master of their instrument. Dig the guitar solo.....Thanks for this "new" song, I'm adding it to my playlist!Solid "B"
    You should really see them live. Andy Powell ( lead guitar and vocals ) is the only remaining member from the originals, and he still leads the group today. They are one of the best acts on tour, and next year Wishbone Ash will be celebrating 50 years. 

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2018 - 12:55 AM ET #46

    "Fernando" by ABBA.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    "Fernando" by ABBA.

     
    Raiderpug
    Raiderpug
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 3006
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2018 - 2:02 AM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    Prerequisites:1. You crank it every time you hear it2. Subject matter can't be about anything depressing (war, suicide, etc.)3. Gotta include or elude to hot girl in the lyrics4. Guitar solo - check (can't stress this one enough)5. Must be recognized as a fun time, drinking/smoking/etc. party song6. We need to know the band and song7. You can have "runners up", but only one "official" song per person, so choose wisely.....My official pick:Unchained - Van Halenhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xx86CxKYtg0DLR & EVH at their most DLR & EVH-iest. Kicks off with classic DLR scream. You can't help but smile every time you hear that opening guitar riff.....My 2 runners up:Panama - Van Halen (just barely got beat out)Sweet Child O' Mine - G&R (drags a little in the instrumental middle)

     

    Photograph  -  Def Leppard

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    Prerequisites:1. You crank it every time you hear it2. Subject matter can't be about anything depressing (war, suicide, etc.)3. Gotta include or elude to hot girl in the lyrics4. Guitar solo - check (can't stress this one enough)5. Must be recognized as a fun time, drinking/smoking/etc. party song6. We need to know the band and song7. You can have "runners up", but only one "official" song per person, so choose wisely.....My official pick:Unchained - Van Halenhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xx86CxKYtg0DLR & EVH at their most DLR & EVH-iest. Kicks off with classic DLR scream. You can't help but smile every time you hear that opening guitar riff.....My 2 runners up:Panama - Van Halen (just barely got beat out)Sweet Child O' Mine - G&R (drags a little in the instrumental middle)

     

    Photograph  -  Def Leppard

     

     

     
     
    vetdrm
    vetdrm
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 14980
    Posted: Aug. 21, 2018 - 4:02 PM ET #48

    Quote Originally Posted by cashin:

    Ten Years After - "I'm Going Home"

    peace_5

    and Live version of Morning Little School Girl

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by cashin:

    Ten Years After - "I'm Going Home"

    peace_5

    and Live version of Morning Little School Girl

    All Forums | Music
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,201
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 268,873
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,694
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,217
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 676
    • MLB Playoffs 5,078
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 6,639
    • Trump's legacy? 33,921
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,283
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,978

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.