• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Music

    Does anyone still bother buying CD's anymore?

    hugh613
    dillon24
    THEMUGG
    jackjaffee
    Jerry Garcia1
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 399
    Posts: 15
     
    hugh613
    hugh613
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 8269
    Posted: Feb. 22, 2009 - 7:35 PM ET #1

    Basically, I just bought a CD at Wal-Mart ("The Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance ), ripped it to my computer, and placed it on my shelf where it'll probably sit for at least a year or two before I ever touch it again...

    I still buy the occasional CD (greatest hits, new releases by old favorites, new releases by new favorites), and I like the idea of having them as sort of a physical archive of my musical tastes, but I've become much more judicious about my purchases for the following reasons:
    • CD's are still relatively expensive: Given the music industry's belly-aching about 'illegal downloading' cutting into their sales, you would think prices would have fallen dramatically by now - which they haven't
    • The sound quality ain't that great these days: I'm no audiophile, but it seems as though sound quality is just getting worse and worse. I'm not sure about the overproduction that Bob Dylan talked about recently, but the volume being cranked up by sound engineers in the studio really isn't helping any - anyone who purchased "Death Magnetic" by Metallica can attest to that.
    • Today's music is just, eh...: The Killers, Three Days Grace, Coldplay, The Strokes, Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Arctic Monkeys, and that's about it. Even recent releases by old favorites (Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead) don't seem quite up to par with years past.
    • There's just something about the music industry...: They'll spend millions on a music video, but if an up and coming artist doesn't sell right out of the gate, they're as good as gone; they'll encourage you to download legally, but have you ever heard the audio quality of these mp3's (128 kb/s? WTF?); they complain about downloading cutting into sales, but have they even heard the crap that gets airplay these days?
    • And let's face it...: There are other, less expensive means of acquiring music these days...
    What are your reasons for not buying CD's? And if you still do make the odd purchase, what's the reasoning behind that? Looking forward to your feedback...
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Basically, I just bought a CD at Wal-Mart ("The Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance ), ripped it to my computer, and placed it on my shelf where it'll probably sit for at least a year or two before I ever touch it again...

    I still buy the occasional CD (greatest hits, new releases by old favorites, new releases by new favorites), and I like the idea of having them as sort of a physical archive of my musical tastes, but I've become much more judicious about my purchases for the following reasons:
    • CD's are still relatively expensive: Given the music industry's belly-aching about 'illegal downloading' cutting into their sales, you would think prices would have fallen dramatically by now - which they haven't
    • The sound quality ain't that great these days: I'm no audiophile, but it seems as though sound quality is just getting worse and worse. I'm not sure about the overproduction that Bob Dylan talked about recently, but the volume being cranked up by sound engineers in the studio really isn't helping any - anyone who purchased "Death Magnetic" by Metallica can attest to that.
    • Today's music is just, eh...: The Killers, Three Days Grace, Coldplay, The Strokes, Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Arctic Monkeys, and that's about it. Even recent releases by old favorites (Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead) don't seem quite up to par with years past.
    • There's just something about the music industry...: They'll spend millions on a music video, but if an up and coming artist doesn't sell right out of the gate, they're as good as gone; they'll encourage you to download legally, but have you ever heard the audio quality of these mp3's (128 kb/s? WTF?); they complain about downloading cutting into sales, but have they even heard the crap that gets airplay these days?
    • And let's face it...: There are other, less expensive means of acquiring music these days...
    What are your reasons for not buying CD's? And if you still do make the odd purchase, what's the reasoning behind that? Looking forward to your feedback...
     
    dillon24
    dillon24
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 9209
    Posted: Feb. 22, 2009 - 8:12 PM ET #2

    i still occasionally but cds. its usually one of my old favorites though. todays music doesnt appeal to me
    Reply
    i still occasionally but cds. its usually one of my old favorites though. todays music doesnt appeal to me
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2009 - 1:55 PM ET #3

    I usually buy older CD's as well. Buy many of them off Amazon..........a lot cheaper. I have a pretty elaborate sound system at home & can't stomach listening to the compressed sounds of MP3 on it. And yes, the quality of recordings these days is suspect in many cases.
    Reply
    I usually buy older CD's as well. Buy many of them off Amazon..........a lot cheaper. I have a pretty elaborate sound system at home & can't stomach listening to the compressed sounds of MP3 on it. And yes, the quality of recordings these days is suspect in many cases.
     
    hugh613
    hugh613
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 8269
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2009 - 6:54 PM ET #4

    Mugg, I don't mind mp3 too much, provided it's ripped with a variable bit rate, but the quality of recordings these days is just becoming more and more of an issue. I know it varies between producers and engineers, but it's a little jolting going from a CD with relatively pristine sound quality ("Viva La Vida" by Coldplay springs to mind), to one that just sounds 'muddy' (I know it's almost heresy to say it, but I've never cared for the overall 'sound' of "Nevermind" by Nirvana).

    Plus, the big thing these days is that the volume is just cranked up so bloody loud - there's a +10dB difference between my original and "remastered" copies of "Document" by R.E.M. !  And, like I said at the outset, if you haven't heard the compressed, overblown sound of "Death Magnetic" by Metallica, you're in for a real shock!

    Anyways, here's a sample of the Rolling Stone interview with Bob Dylan that I alluded to:

    "Brian Wilson, he made all his records with four tracks, but you couldn't make his records if you had a hundred tracks today. We all like records that are played on record players, but let's face it, those days are gon-n-n-e. You do the best you can, you fight that technology in all kinds of ways, but I don't know anybody who's made a record that sounds decent in the past twenty years, really. You listen to these modern records, they're atrocious, they have sound all over them. There's no definition of nothing, no vocal, no nothing, just like -- static. Even these songs probably sounded ten times better in the studio when we recorded 'em. CDs are small. There's no stature to it. I remember when that Napster guy came up across, it was like, 'Everybody's gettin' music for free.' I was like, 'Well, why not? It ain't worth nothing anyway.' "
    Reply
    Mugg, I don't mind mp3 too much, provided it's ripped with a variable bit rate, but the quality of recordings these days is just becoming more and more of an issue. I know it varies between producers and engineers, but it's a little jolting going from a CD with relatively pristine sound quality ("Viva La Vida" by Coldplay springs to mind), to one that just sounds 'muddy' (I know it's almost heresy to say it, but I've never cared for the overall 'sound' of "Nevermind" by Nirvana).

    Plus, the big thing these days is that the volume is just cranked up so bloody loud - there's a +10dB difference between my original and "remastered" copies of "Document" by R.E.M. !  And, like I said at the outset, if you haven't heard the compressed, overblown sound of "Death Magnetic" by Metallica, you're in for a real shock!

    Anyways, here's a sample of the Rolling Stone interview with Bob Dylan that I alluded to:

    "Brian Wilson, he made all his records with four tracks, but you couldn't make his records if you had a hundred tracks today. We all like records that are played on record players, but let's face it, those days are gon-n-n-e. You do the best you can, you fight that technology in all kinds of ways, but I don't know anybody who's made a record that sounds decent in the past twenty years, really. You listen to these modern records, they're atrocious, they have sound all over them. There's no definition of nothing, no vocal, no nothing, just like -- static. Even these songs probably sounded ten times better in the studio when we recorded 'em. CDs are small. There's no stature to it. I remember when that Napster guy came up across, it was like, 'Everybody's gettin' music for free.' I was like, 'Well, why not? It ain't worth nothing anyway.' "
     
    hugh613
    hugh613
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 8269
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2009 - 7:04 PM ET #5

    In case anyone was interested in reading up further on the subject, here are a couple of links:

    "The Death Of High Fidelity"
    https://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/17777619/the_death_of_high_fidelity/1

    "Analysis: Metallica's Death Magnetic Sounds Better in Guitar Hero"
    https://blog.wired.com/music/2008/09/does-metallicas.html

    Reply
    In case anyone was interested in reading up further on the subject, here are a couple of links:

    "The Death Of High Fidelity"
    https://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/17777619/the_death_of_high_fidelity/1

    "Analysis: Metallica's Death Magnetic Sounds Better in Guitar Hero"
    https://blog.wired.com/music/2008/09/does-metallicas.html

     
    jackjaffee
    jackjaffee
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 8856
    Posted: Feb. 25, 2009 - 1:49 AM ET #6

    Not sure what is up with the mastering process being pushed to the loudest point possible in the last decade or so, but I wish that fad would fall to the wayside.  I hate when they remaster older albums and ruin them with that technique.
     
    I don't really buy much music anymore, and I won't ever buy an entire album from online until they get CD quality tracks on the main sites.  Considering they charge 79 to 99 cents a song, it's the least they could do.  I will buy individual songs from Amazon if I know I am never going to buy their album.  If you are a techno/electronica type fan, at least sites that cater to that music make high quality tracks available instead of these subpar mp3's at the big name places.
    Reply
    Not sure what is up with the mastering process being pushed to the loudest point possible in the last decade or so, but I wish that fad would fall to the wayside.  I hate when they remaster older albums and ruin them with that technique.
     
    I don't really buy much music anymore, and I won't ever buy an entire album from online until they get CD quality tracks on the main sites.  Considering they charge 79 to 99 cents a song, it's the least they could do.  I will buy individual songs from Amazon if I know I am never going to buy their album.  If you are a techno/electronica type fan, at least sites that cater to that music make high quality tracks available instead of these subpar mp3's at the big name places.
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Feb. 25, 2009 - 9:04 PM ET #7

    When I get in the mood for some critical listening I don't always put on my fav albums/CD's. There are some I have that are recorded very well & are a pleasure to listen to.
      I demo'd a SACD/DVD-A (Denon 3910) player in my home for a week & loved it. If there were more choices in that format I would've kept it.
     
     MP3 has given studios an excuse for producing crap......
    Reply
    When I get in the mood for some critical listening I don't always put on my fav albums/CD's. There are some I have that are recorded very well & are a pleasure to listen to.
      I demo'd a SACD/DVD-A (Denon 3910) player in my home for a week & loved it. If there were more choices in that format I would've kept it.
     
     MP3 has given studios an excuse for producing crap......
     
    Jerry Garcia1
    Jerry Garcia1
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 6995
    Posted: Feb. 26, 2009 - 12:59 AM ET #8

    That's funny you'd ask.  I guess I haven't thought about it in a long time.  I don't think I've purchased a CD since 2001.  I think it was
    System of a Down CD Toxicity.  I can't recall a single CD purchase since that CD purchase.
     
    Wow, that's nearly 8 years! 
    Reply
    That's funny you'd ask.  I guess I haven't thought about it in a long time.  I don't think I've purchased a CD since 2001.  I think it was
    System of a Down CD Toxicity.  I can't recall a single CD purchase since that CD purchase.
     
    Wow, that's nearly 8 years! 
     
    hugh613
    hugh613
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 8269
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2009 - 9:58 PM ET #9

    Jack: I would never even consider buying an mp3 online - the terrible quality and the fact that mp3's are "freely" available elsewhere have seen to that. I think artists such as Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails, who both released free copies of their last albums in mp3 format, realize the true fan will always be willing to pony up for the real deal.

    Mugg: It's probably a given, but the "softer" genres always seem to produce the better sounding records. Of the "louder" genres, I find electronic based music tends to make for a better 'experience'. In terms of balancing both 'loudness' and 'resolution', Nine Inch Nails "The Downward Spiral" would have to be at the top of the list. As far as straight away rock records, it's hands down Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon" - I've spent many an evening just staring up at the ceiling while the sounds (and sometimes images... ) flooded my room.

    Jerry: At my peak, I think I probably owned upwards of 300 CD's, but once burners came along, that number started to fall pretty dramatically. The days of buying a record for one song, and one song only, are most definitely GONE.
    Reply
    Jack: I would never even consider buying an mp3 online - the terrible quality and the fact that mp3's are "freely" available elsewhere have seen to that. I think artists such as Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails, who both released free copies of their last albums in mp3 format, realize the true fan will always be willing to pony up for the real deal.

    Mugg: It's probably a given, but the "softer" genres always seem to produce the better sounding records. Of the "louder" genres, I find electronic based music tends to make for a better 'experience'. In terms of balancing both 'loudness' and 'resolution', Nine Inch Nails "The Downward Spiral" would have to be at the top of the list. As far as straight away rock records, it's hands down Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon" - I've spent many an evening just staring up at the ceiling while the sounds (and sometimes images... ) flooded my room.

    Jerry: At my peak, I think I probably owned upwards of 300 CD's, but once burners came along, that number started to fall pretty dramatically. The days of buying a record for one song, and one song only, are most definitely GONE.
     
    dillon24
    dillon24
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 9209
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2009 - 10:45 AM ET #10

    i did find a judas priest double cd "nostradamus" on rhapsody for 8.99  its like 20bucks in the store
    Reply
    i did find a judas priest double cd "nostradamus" on rhapsody for 8.99  its like 20bucks in the store
     
    hugh613
    hugh613
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 8269
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2009 - 11:07 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by dillon24:

    i did find a judas priest double cd "nostradamus" on rhapsody for 8.99  its like 20bucks in the store
    Judas Priest?!? I didn't even know they were still together... I thought Rob Halford started up another band called Fight (?).

    How was the quality?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dillon24:

    i did find a judas priest double cd "nostradamus" on rhapsody for 8.99  its like 20bucks in the store
    Judas Priest?!? I didn't even know they were still together... I thought Rob Halford started up another band called Fight (?).

    How was the quality?
     
    Mikael99
    Mikael99
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2004
    Posts: 28383
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2009 - 8:41 AM ET #12

    I own 300+ cd's, i havent bought one in 5 years +. Just dont want to pay their high prices.

    Artists and bands making their living of tours and concerts not the music.

    Did you guys notice how prices for concert tickets to well known bands have EXPLODED in the last few years.
    Reply
    I own 300+ cd's, i havent bought one in 5 years +. Just dont want to pay their high prices.

    Artists and bands making their living of tours and concerts not the music.

    Did you guys notice how prices for concert tickets to well known bands have EXPLODED in the last few years.
     
    HappyValley_TD
    HappyValley_TD
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 4126
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2009 - 12:53 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael99:

    I own 300+ cd's, i havent bought one in 5 years +. Just dont want to pay their high prices.

    Artists and bands making their living of tours and concerts not the music.

    Did you guys notice how prices for concert tickets to well known bands have EXPLODED in the last few years.


    yeah asking over 150 bucks for a concert tix is kinda ridiculous....  capitalism will listen though...  find smaller venue live music venues and support them.  when is was in philly hiting up the troc & electric factory was more satisfying than paying 150 bucks for a mega show. .......
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael99:

    I own 300+ cd's, i havent bought one in 5 years +. Just dont want to pay their high prices.

    Artists and bands making their living of tours and concerts not the music.

    Did you guys notice how prices for concert tickets to well known bands have EXPLODED in the last few years.


    yeah asking over 150 bucks for a concert tix is kinda ridiculous....  capitalism will listen though...  find smaller venue live music venues and support them.  when is was in philly hiting up the troc & electric factory was more satisfying than paying 150 bucks for a mega show. .......
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Mar. 8, 2009 - 2:13 PM ET #14

    I dont buy near the amount of CD's that I used to.  I was browsing BMG the other day online and I really couldn't find anything that I wanted.  It's kind of scary actually.  I was asking myself, "Is the music that bad these days?"  My fiancee and I have roughly 1,000 CD's combined and I really think that we have all the music we need.  Of course new stuff comes out every day, but I really haven't come across anything that I feel I need.  I would like to get some more David Gilmore (old stuff and new) and I just bought the HellYeah CD.  Best Buy only had one of those on their shelf... it is a good one though.  I bought Offspring's Ignition the other day and I still need to listen to that more.  But the answer is yes I do buy CD's, but not often.  Not often at all.
    Reply
    I dont buy near the amount of CD's that I used to.  I was browsing BMG the other day online and I really couldn't find anything that I wanted.  It's kind of scary actually.  I was asking myself, "Is the music that bad these days?"  My fiancee and I have roughly 1,000 CD's combined and I really think that we have all the music we need.  Of course new stuff comes out every day, but I really haven't come across anything that I feel I need.  I would like to get some more David Gilmore (old stuff and new) and I just bought the HellYeah CD.  Best Buy only had one of those on their shelf... it is a good one though.  I bought Offspring's Ignition the other day and I still need to listen to that more.  But the answer is yes I do buy CD's, but not often.  Not often at all.
     
     
    Dowen
    Dowen
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 2607
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2009 - 2:58 AM ET #15

    The only cd's I buy now are at a show with local artist and it helps support them.  Otherwise....um....NO!  Free music everywhere.
    Reply
    The only cd's I buy now are at a show with local artist and it helps support them.  Otherwise....um....NO!  Free music everywhere.
    All Forums | Music

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,248
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 753
    • PART DEUX 205
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,992
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,101
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,560
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,202
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,115
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,923
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,843

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.