• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Movies & Television

    LOST fans

    «First Previous 234 ... 111213 Next Last»
    Weathered
    Jarrett75
    yuice20
    StraightShooter
    mr_bollox
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 7359
    Posts: 311
    «First Previous 234 ... 111213 Next Last»
     
    Weathered
    Weathered
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 13464
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2010 - 3:30 PM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett75:

    I wondered why he had de ja vu with Desmond as well. I just passed it off that he remembered him from when they were in the football stadium running that time. I could be wrong and maybe they do remember the island and what happened somewhat. I cannot wait untill next week. They did a sneak preview of the first three hours in Hawaii so I am sure the spoilers are out there if you look for them, but I will just wait and be shocked next week.

    ok yeah basically what i said....teach me to read the entire thread before answering someone lol

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett75:

    I wondered why he had de ja vu with Desmond as well. I just passed it off that he remembered him from when they were in the football stadium running that time. I could be wrong and maybe they do remember the island and what happened somewhat. I cannot wait untill next week. They did a sneak preview of the first three hours in Hawaii so I am sure the spoilers are out there if you look for them, but I will just wait and be shocked next week.

    ok yeah basically what i said....teach me to read the entire thread before answering someone lol

     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2010 - 4:31 PM ET #27

    haha no problem dude. You just added more detail so it's all good.
    Reply
    haha no problem dude. You just added more detail so it's all good.
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2010 - 7:37 PM ET #28

    Weather and Jarrett... i have a different feeling on the deja vu.

    When we see the island underwater, I am led to believe that nobody ever lived on the island. With this, penny's father would have never been to island and penny might not have been born. This would have caused Desmond to never have met Penny and thus never having went on the boat ride. I know i said in my other post that he did but the more i think about it, i don't think he did. That is why he doesn't recognize Jack

    I know it is a little strange but that's what I think happened.
    Reply
    Weather and Jarrett... i have a different feeling on the deja vu.

    When we see the island underwater, I am led to believe that nobody ever lived on the island. With this, penny's father would have never been to island and penny might not have been born. This would have caused Desmond to never have met Penny and thus never having went on the boat ride. I know i said in my other post that he did but the more i think about it, i don't think he did. That is why he doesn't recognize Jack

    I know it is a little strange but that's what I think happened.
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2010 - 7:41 PM ET #29

    Some other stuff that was shown on the 815 flight that supports my thinking...

    Jin and Sun not being married
    Shannon not on the plane
    Sayids' Iran Passport
    Flight attendant only giving Jack 1 bottle of liquor
    Reply
    Some other stuff that was shown on the 815 flight that supports my thinking...

    Jin and Sun not being married
    Shannon not on the plane
    Sayids' Iran Passport
    Flight attendant only giving Jack 1 bottle of liquor
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2010 - 7:49 PM ET #30

    Here is something to read that is a must after every episode. There are done by a guy named Vozzek69 that posts the recap on the site darkufo.blogspot.com.  This guy is a genius when it comes to LOST. He wrote his own book and these recaps really explain everything that happened in each episode. If you want the link to all his past recaps let me know...

    Things I Noticed
    Reply
    Here is something to read that is a must after every episode. There are done by a guy named Vozzek69 that posts the recap on the site darkufo.blogspot.com.  This guy is a genius when it comes to LOST. He wrote his own book and these recaps really explain everything that happened in each episode. If you want the link to all his past recaps let me know...

    Things I Noticed
     
    StraightShooter
    StraightShooter
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 23227
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2010 - 11:29 PM ET #31

    Well that episode sucked.
    Reply
    Well that episode sucked.
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2010 - 12:21 AM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightShooter:

    Well that episode sucked.

    Why do you think it sucked?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightShooter:

    Well that episode sucked.

    Why do you think it sucked?
     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2010 - 1:02 AM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    Weather and Jarrett... i have a different feeling on the deja vu.

    When we see the island underwater, I am led to believe that nobody ever lived on the island. With this, penny's father would have never been to island and penny might not have been born. This would have caused Desmond to never have met Penny and thus never having went on the boat ride. I know i said in my other post that he did but the more i think about it, i don't think he did. That is why he doesn't recognize Jack

    I know it is a little strange but that's what I think happened.

    yeah it's hard to know what to think about this show. They make you look one way then punch you from the other side. You can never truly know what the hell is going on, but that's what makes it so good. I checked out the link you put and now my head is spinning even more. They said that next week alot of answers will be given. I think that's why some people think it sucked, because they want instant gratification and all answers now. Maybe he is new to Lost.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    Weather and Jarrett... i have a different feeling on the deja vu.

    When we see the island underwater, I am led to believe that nobody ever lived on the island. With this, penny's father would have never been to island and penny might not have been born. This would have caused Desmond to never have met Penny and thus never having went on the boat ride. I know i said in my other post that he did but the more i think about it, i don't think he did. That is why he doesn't recognize Jack

    I know it is a little strange but that's what I think happened.

    yeah it's hard to know what to think about this show. They make you look one way then punch you from the other side. You can never truly know what the hell is going on, but that's what makes it so good. I checked out the link you put and now my head is spinning even more. They said that next week alot of answers will be given. I think that's why some people think it sucked, because they want instant gratification and all answers now. Maybe he is new to Lost.

     
    StraightShooter
    StraightShooter
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 23227
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2010 - 4:37 AM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:


    Why do you think it sucked?

    I just found it incredibly boring and it felt like a letdown.  I was looking forward to watching it for a while and afterwards I was left with “so THAT’S what I’ve been waiting for” feeling.

    If this wasn’t the last season I would stop watching it.

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:


    Why do you think it sucked?

    I just found it incredibly boring and it felt like a letdown.  I was looking forward to watching it for a while and afterwards I was left with “so THAT’S what I’ve been waiting for” feeling.

    If this wasn’t the last season I would stop watching it.

     

     
    mr_bollox
    mr_bollox
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 14397
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2010 - 2:49 PM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    Here is something to read that is a must after every episode. There are done by a guy named Vozzek69 that posts the recap on the site darkufo.blogspot.com.  This guy is a genius when it comes to LOST. He wrote his own book and these recaps really explain everything that happened in each episode. If you want the link to all his past recaps let me know...

    Things I Noticed

    this guy reads WAY too much into whats going on, if the characters are winking, thats a subtlety and not a plot development!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    Here is something to read that is a must after every episode. There are done by a guy named Vozzek69 that posts the recap on the site darkufo.blogspot.com.  This guy is a genius when it comes to LOST. He wrote his own book and these recaps really explain everything that happened in each episode. If you want the link to all his past recaps let me know...

    Things I Noticed

    this guy reads WAY too much into whats going on, if the characters are winking, thats a subtlety and not a plot development!
     
    coldsnap55
    coldsnap55
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 9818
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2010 - 3:16 PM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    Some other stuff that was shown on the 815 flight that supports my thinking...

    Jin and Sun not being married. { Did I turn my head away for a moment and they showed no ring on her finger or something? }
    Shannon not on the plane
    Sayids' Iran Passport
    Flight attendant only giving Jack 1 bottle of liquor

    Who the hell picks up on that stuff??? 

    I've seen every episode but still find out things that I didn't know or realize when they show a previous episode with subtitles explaining things in the past. 

    Do you think Lost will tie in with Flash Forward?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    Some other stuff that was shown on the 815 flight that supports my thinking...

    Jin and Sun not being married. { Did I turn my head away for a moment and they showed no ring on her finger or something? }
    Shannon not on the plane
    Sayids' Iran Passport
    Flight attendant only giving Jack 1 bottle of liquor

    Who the hell picks up on that stuff??? 

    I've seen every episode but still find out things that I didn't know or realize when they show a previous episode with subtitles explaining things in the past. 

    Do you think Lost will tie in with Flash Forward?

     
    dperr
    dperr
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 842
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2010 - 3:20 PM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    Some other stuff that was shown on the 815 flight that supports my thinking...

    Jin and Sun not being married
    Shannon not on the plane
    Sayids' Iran Passport
    Flight attendant only giving Jack 1 bottle of liquor


    Hurley also telling Sawyer he is the luckiest man in the world, when previously he thought he was cursed. How do you know Jin and Sun are not married? I took it as they were married still. When they show the island underwater the houses from DHARMA are still there so I think people did live on the island but at some point the island was destroyed which are yet to find out how and why. So the deja vu was from Desmond meeting Jack in the stadium when they were running the stairs. I agree with what you said originally, the bomb produced another time line where the plane does not crash, but they are currently living in an alternate universe where their plane did crash and both time lines will eventually connect. The one thing that I do not get is Juliet says that it worked? How would she know that it worked when she was still on the island, given they transported through time 30 years after the bomb went off, but how is she able to know that there is the alternate time line that does not cause the plane to crash?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    Some other stuff that was shown on the 815 flight that supports my thinking...

    Jin and Sun not being married
    Shannon not on the plane
    Sayids' Iran Passport
    Flight attendant only giving Jack 1 bottle of liquor


    Hurley also telling Sawyer he is the luckiest man in the world, when previously he thought he was cursed. How do you know Jin and Sun are not married? I took it as they were married still. When they show the island underwater the houses from DHARMA are still there so I think people did live on the island but at some point the island was destroyed which are yet to find out how and why. So the deja vu was from Desmond meeting Jack in the stadium when they were running the stairs. I agree with what you said originally, the bomb produced another time line where the plane does not crash, but they are currently living in an alternate universe where their plane did crash and both time lines will eventually connect. The one thing that I do not get is Juliet says that it worked? How would she know that it worked when she was still on the island, given they transported through time 30 years after the bomb went off, but how is she able to know that there is the alternate time line that does not cause the plane to crash?
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2010 - 4:31 PM ET #38

    Great stuff guys. To address your questions...

    When Jin gets stopped at customs you can see on his and Sun's fingers that they are not wearing wedding rings. Did she just take it off? Seeing how much she freaked out when she lost it in the earlier seasons, i doubt she took it off.

    How did Juliet know? First is that she told Miles. Second, when she was dying in Sawyer's arms, you could see her mind was skipping between timelines when she said "Lets get some coffee" and when she said what i think was the work "dutch"

    Go to the link i attached and you can scroll down and see a video of the season 1 flight 815 and season 6 flight 815 side by side. Can you pick up on any other differences...

    Link
    Reply
    Great stuff guys. To address your questions...

    When Jin gets stopped at customs you can see on his and Sun's fingers that they are not wearing wedding rings. Did she just take it off? Seeing how much she freaked out when she lost it in the earlier seasons, i doubt she took it off.

    How did Juliet know? First is that she told Miles. Second, when she was dying in Sawyer's arms, you could see her mind was skipping between timelines when she said "Lets get some coffee" and when she said what i think was the work "dutch"

    Go to the link i attached and you can scroll down and see a video of the season 1 flight 815 and season 6 flight 815 side by side. Can you pick up on any other differences...

    Link
     
    dperr
    dperr
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 842
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2010 - 5:50 PM ET #39

    I just watched the link and outside of what has been pointed out already I only noticed Jack's haircut is different and the stewardess is wearing a different color shirt, none of which really make a big difference. Alright so we have the same thought about why Juliet knows then. I kind of thought she was jumping around similar to when Charlotte's mind was doing that last season. Also I did not notice there was no ring on their fingers, but if that is the case why are they traveling together? Jin still works for Sun's father and if I remember correctly he only received that position because he was marrying Sun. Also do you think Sun does not speak English in the new timeline? Or is she still trying to hide it from Jin? And if they are not married why would she be hiding that she knows English from him? The only reason she was hiding that she spoke English was because she was planning on leaving Jin for the family friend.  This is one of the main reason why I like the show so much. No matter who you talk to we all have our own thoughts and ideas about what is happening in the show.
    Reply
    I just watched the link and outside of what has been pointed out already I only noticed Jack's haircut is different and the stewardess is wearing a different color shirt, none of which really make a big difference. Alright so we have the same thought about why Juliet knows then. I kind of thought she was jumping around similar to when Charlotte's mind was doing that last season. Also I did not notice there was no ring on their fingers, but if that is the case why are they traveling together? Jin still works for Sun's father and if I remember correctly he only received that position because he was marrying Sun. Also do you think Sun does not speak English in the new timeline? Or is she still trying to hide it from Jin? And if they are not married why would she be hiding that she knows English from him? The only reason she was hiding that she spoke English was because she was planning on leaving Jin for the family friend.  This is one of the main reason why I like the show so much. No matter who you talk to we all have our own thoughts and ideas about what is happening in the show.
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2010 - 6:41 PM ET #40

    If you watch the customs scene again with Jin and Sun, you will also notice that the guard calls Sun by Ms. Paik and not Mrs. Kwon so that is further evidence of them not being married. 

    I am just thinking that they are still in the dating stages and Sun is along for the ride to LA. And this is just my opinion but I feel that she knows English very well at that point and has some motive of her for traveling with Jin to LA.

    The more I read about what people have said about the premiere, I am starting to believe that Desmond was not actually on the flight and Jack is the only person to see him. It is going to be very interesting to see how this all unfolds.
    Reply
    If you watch the customs scene again with Jin and Sun, you will also notice that the guard calls Sun by Ms. Paik and not Mrs. Kwon so that is further evidence of them not being married. 

    I am just thinking that they are still in the dating stages and Sun is along for the ride to LA. And this is just my opinion but I feel that she knows English very well at that point and has some motive of her for traveling with Jin to LA.

    The more I read about what people have said about the premiere, I am starting to believe that Desmond was not actually on the flight and Jack is the only person to see him. It is going to be very interesting to see how this all unfolds.
     
    dperr
    dperr
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 842
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2010 - 7:00 PM ET #41

    I think Jin and Sun are together, maybe not married yet, and the money Jin has that is in question is money he stole from Sun's father so they could start over in the US. So basically in the new 2004 time line Sun is not the one who wants to run away to the US like in the previous 2004 time line, but this time around Jin is the one who wants to leave Korea and start anew with Sun in the US. I also think she speaks English, not sure why she is hiding it this time around. Just the way she looked when they asked her made it seem like she understood, but at the same time the odd look could have been because she has no idea what they are saying.
    Reply
    I think Jin and Sun are together, maybe not married yet, and the money Jin has that is in question is money he stole from Sun's father so they could start over in the US. So basically in the new 2004 time line Sun is not the one who wants to run away to the US like in the previous 2004 time line, but this time around Jin is the one who wants to leave Korea and start anew with Sun in the US. I also think she speaks English, not sure why she is hiding it this time around. Just the way she looked when they asked her made it seem like she understood, but at the same time the odd look could have been because she has no idea what they are saying.
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2010 - 7:29 PM ET #42

    That is great theory dperr. I am defiantly on board with that

    Reply
    That is great theory dperr. I am defiantly on board with that

     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2010 - 10:08 PM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    If you watch the customs scene again with Jin and Sun, you will also notice that the guard calls Sun by Ms. Paik and not Mrs. Kwon so that is further evidence of them not being married. 

    I am just thinking that they are still in the dating stages and Sun is along for the ride to LA. And this is just my opinion but I feel that she knows English very well at that point and has some motive of her for traveling with Jin to LA.

    The more I read about what people have said about the premiere, I am starting to believe that Desmond was not actually on the flight and Jack is the only person to see him. It is going to be very interesting to see how this all unfolds.

    Good point, when he came back Rose didn't know who he was talking about. She said she was asleep or something. Gosh I can't wait till Tuesday!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    If you watch the customs scene again with Jin and Sun, you will also notice that the guard calls Sun by Ms. Paik and not Mrs. Kwon so that is further evidence of them not being married. 

    I am just thinking that they are still in the dating stages and Sun is along for the ride to LA. And this is just my opinion but I feel that she knows English very well at that point and has some motive of her for traveling with Jin to LA.

    The more I read about what people have said about the premiere, I am starting to believe that Desmond was not actually on the flight and Jack is the only person to see him. It is going to be very interesting to see how this all unfolds.

    Good point, when he came back Rose didn't know who he was talking about. She said she was asleep or something. Gosh I can't wait till Tuesday!

     
    eMatchup
    eMatchup
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 290
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2010 - 4:58 PM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    Some other stuff that was shown on the 815 flight that supports my thinking...

    Jin and Sun not being married
    Shannon not on the plane
    Sayids' Iran Passport
    Flight attendant only giving Jack 1 bottle of liquor


    If I'm not mistaken I think the actress who played Shannon decided not to come back, due to other engagements or for some other reason.  Of course, I'm sure the writers found a way to work around that obstacle.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    Some other stuff that was shown on the 815 flight that supports my thinking...

    Jin and Sun not being married
    Shannon not on the plane
    Sayids' Iran Passport
    Flight attendant only giving Jack 1 bottle of liquor


    If I'm not mistaken I think the actress who played Shannon decided not to come back, due to other engagements or for some other reason.  Of course, I'm sure the writers found a way to work around that obstacle.
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2010 - 5:51 PM ET #45

    you are right matchup. I totally forgot about that.
    Reply
    you are right matchup. I totally forgot about that.
     
    Weathered
    Weathered
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 13464
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2010 - 8:38 PM ET #46

    So what did we think about "What Kate Does"

    I liked it.

    The two timelines had one same theme and that was Kate trying to help/save Claire.

    I can see what the writers are trying to do with the two timelines, but i still dont see how they are going to merge them together.

     

    Reply

    So what did we think about "What Kate Does"

    I liked it.

    The two timelines had one same theme and that was Kate trying to help/save Claire.

    I can see what the writers are trying to do with the two timelines, but i still dont see how they are going to merge them together.

     

     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2010 - 9:05 PM ET #47

    I have always disliked Kate centric episodes and this one was no different. The on island stuff was enough to save the episode though. The one thing with Kate was when she was in the taxi and she looked out and saw Jack and had that look on here face as if saying to herself "i remember something about".

    It was very interesting to see Ethan again. It seems like he has always been destined to be a part of Aaron's birth and the island is making sure that will always happen just like Charlie is going to die no matter how hard he tries.

    I hope next week we finally get to see the Jin/Sun reunion and we better get back to Locke 2.0 

    As a sidenote, it was hilarious to Mac from Its Always Sunny playing a role in the episode. He was great 
    Reply
    I have always disliked Kate centric episodes and this one was no different. The on island stuff was enough to save the episode though. The one thing with Kate was when she was in the taxi and she looked out and saw Jack and had that look on here face as if saying to herself "i remember something about".

    It was very interesting to see Ethan again. It seems like he has always been destined to be a part of Aaron's birth and the island is making sure that will always happen just like Charlie is going to die no matter how hard he tries.

    I hope next week we finally get to see the Jin/Sun reunion and we better get back to Locke 2.0 

    As a sidenote, it was hilarious to Mac from Its Always Sunny playing a role in the episode. He was great 
     
    StraightShooter
    StraightShooter
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 23227
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2010 - 1:19 AM ET #48

    Better than last week's. 

    Yeah, it was funny to see Mac.  I kept waiting for him to rip the sleeves off his shirt and say "what's up bitches."

    Reply

    Better than last week's. 

    Yeah, it was funny to see Mac.  I kept waiting for him to rip the sleeves off his shirt and say "what's up bitches."

     
    dperr
    dperr
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 842
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2010 - 11:16 AM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightShooter:

    Better than last week's. 

    Yeah, it was funny to see Mac.  I kept waiting for him to rip the sleeves off his shirt and say "what's up bitches."




    Hahaha so true. I remember him being in that episode a few seasons back. Never thought he would pop into the mix again. I was not that big of a fan of this episode but have come to learn that with Lost every episode gives some piece of important information. Sometimes that information is not clear until a few episodes down the line.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightShooter:

    Better than last week's. 

    Yeah, it was funny to see Mac.  I kept waiting for him to rip the sleeves off his shirt and say "what's up bitches."




    Hahaha so true. I remember him being in that episode a few seasons back. Never thought he would pop into the mix again. I was not that big of a fan of this episode but have come to learn that with Lost every episode gives some piece of important information. Sometimes that information is not clear until a few episodes down the line.
     
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 17, 2010 - 12:41 AM ET #50

    Now thats what i call an episode. Great writing, focus was on the important characters (sorry Kate), and answers galore. This almost became my favorite episode ever but it just wasn't better than The Constant. My thoughts...

    -We finally see the numbers. It looks like they weren't as important as everybody made them out to be. I now think that Hurley was the only one to see them on the hatch because they weren't really there.

    -Did Jacob know he was going to die all along? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would just give his role as protector of the island to some noob

    -It is safe to say that Jacob and Flocke are puppets to the island's true creator, the kid. Flocke was scared shitless when he saw him and the kid saying you can't break the rules re-enforces my belief. This kid, whoever he is, is playing his own little game and Flocke is the destroyer while Jacob was the protector.

    -I hate to say it but i think good ole Sawyer might be taking one for the team later in the season. Richard seems to believe Flocke wants everybody dead (I think so too) and Sawyer might be the first Lostie to go.

    Overall this was an amazing episode and if this was an indication of future episodes, buckle up because it is going to be a crazy ride. What did you think?


    Reply
    Now thats what i call an episode. Great writing, focus was on the important characters (sorry Kate), and answers galore. This almost became my favorite episode ever but it just wasn't better than The Constant. My thoughts...

    -We finally see the numbers. It looks like they weren't as important as everybody made them out to be. I now think that Hurley was the only one to see them on the hatch because they weren't really there.

    -Did Jacob know he was going to die all along? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would just give his role as protector of the island to some noob

    -It is safe to say that Jacob and Flocke are puppets to the island's true creator, the kid. Flocke was scared shitless when he saw him and the kid saying you can't break the rules re-enforces my belief. This kid, whoever he is, is playing his own little game and Flocke is the destroyer while Jacob was the protector.

    -I hate to say it but i think good ole Sawyer might be taking one for the team later in the season. Richard seems to believe Flocke wants everybody dead (I think so too) and Sawyer might be the first Lostie to go.

    Overall this was an amazing episode and if this was an indication of future episodes, buckle up because it is going to be a crazy ride. What did you think?


    All Forums | Movies & Television
    «First Previous 234 ... 111213 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,615
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 636
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,212
    • PART DEUX 248
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,178
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,016
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,809
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 618
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,645
    • the whole problem is knowingly spreading false info to vulnerable people 21,193

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.