• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Movies & Television

    LOST fans

    «First Previous 456 ... 111213 Next Last»
    MaineRoad
    konastitch
    yuice20
    Weathered
    MrBugatti
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 7359
    Posts: 311
    «First Previous 456 ... 111213 Next Last»
     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Feb. 23, 2010 - 12:45 PM ET #76

    Quote Originally Posted by konastitch:



    Says the guy with 30,000+ posts over nearly 6 years...what's that, roughly 500/month? And you're questioning my time usage?



    Kettle, meet pot.

    Anyways, I didn't come on here with the intention to "bash"...I was simply offering a different opinion. I think this show is a joke and I would hope that all fans would at least entertain the idea that there was no "master plan" at the outset. Doesn't look too likely though...

    But like I said in my first post on this forum...if you like it, you like it. I, personally, think it's silly. But hey, we all enjoy silly things - it's just different from one person to the next.

    I will give the producers/writers/etc. of "Lost" kudos on one thing - they have done a magnificent job of brainwashing. They have preyed on the gullible and easily-influenced with remarkable success. Beyond that, their list of accomplishments is a short one in my opinion.

    But I'll leave you fanboys to your discussion. It became immediately obvious that you won't entertain a voice of reason or a counter-perspective. So have fun. Enjoy the last season. I hope all of your "questions" get answered. And best of luck finding something to fill the void in your television schedules after this season.

    All the best guys and gals.

    [yawn]

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by konastitch:



    Says the guy with 30,000+ posts over nearly 6 years...what's that, roughly 500/month? And you're questioning my time usage?



    Kettle, meet pot.

    Anyways, I didn't come on here with the intention to "bash"...I was simply offering a different opinion. I think this show is a joke and I would hope that all fans would at least entertain the idea that there was no "master plan" at the outset. Doesn't look too likely though...

    But like I said in my first post on this forum...if you like it, you like it. I, personally, think it's silly. But hey, we all enjoy silly things - it's just different from one person to the next.

    I will give the producers/writers/etc. of "Lost" kudos on one thing - they have done a magnificent job of brainwashing. They have preyed on the gullible and easily-influenced with remarkable success. Beyond that, their list of accomplishments is a short one in my opinion.

    But I'll leave you fanboys to your discussion. It became immediately obvious that you won't entertain a voice of reason or a counter-perspective. So have fun. Enjoy the last season. I hope all of your "questions" get answered. And best of luck finding something to fill the void in your television schedules after this season.

    All the best guys and gals.

    [yawn]

     
    konastitch
    konastitch
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 351
    Posted: Feb. 23, 2010 - 1:03 PM ET #77

    Predictable responses from folks ill-equipped to constructively debate the merits of this program.

    I wish you all the happiness in the world as you continue to be buried in your ignorance...they do say it is bliss, so enjoy it en masse.

    ....off to watch Transformers...

    Take care.
    Reply
    Predictable responses from folks ill-equipped to constructively debate the merits of this program.

    I wish you all the happiness in the world as you continue to be buried in your ignorance...they do say it is bliss, so enjoy it en masse.

    ....off to watch Transformers...

    Take care.
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 23, 2010 - 1:33 PM ET #78

    I will debate anything you want when you provide proof of your claims. Seeing as that will never happen, I won't waste my time anymore. Peace
    Reply
    I will debate anything you want when you provide proof of your claims. Seeing as that will never happen, I won't waste my time anymore. Peace
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 23, 2010 - 1:35 PM ET #79

    To the real followers of the show, i was reading more into last episode and do you think there is anyway the kid is jacob? Maybe Flocke was scared because he didn't think Jacob would be bothering him anymore. Any thoughts?
    Reply
    To the real followers of the show, i was reading more into last episode and do you think there is anyway the kid is jacob? Maybe Flocke was scared because he didn't think Jacob would be bothering him anymore. Any thoughts?
     
    Weathered
    Weathered
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 13464
    Posted: Feb. 23, 2010 - 6:52 PM ET #80

    guys all this idiot wants to do is try and piss us off

    just ignore him, dont answer any of his posts...and let's move on

    be responding your only giving him what he wants

    Reply

    guys all this idiot wants to do is try and piss us off

    just ignore him, dont answer any of his posts...and let's move on

    be responding your only giving him what he wants

     
    Weathered
    Weathered
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 13464
    Posted: Feb. 23, 2010 - 6:54 PM ET #81

    by responding ^

     

    and yuice i think the kid was jacob for sure...has to be right?

    Reply

    by responding ^

     

    and yuice i think the kid was jacob for sure...has to be right?

     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 23, 2010 - 8:44 PM ET #82

    as much as i don't want him to be jacob, i have to believe it's him. i mean the blonde hair and flocke being freaked out by him points to it being jacob. Plus he told flocke he broke the rules by killing him. i am pissed i have to sit in class on tuesday and have to wait till 1030 to watch
    Reply
    as much as i don't want him to be jacob, i have to believe it's him. i mean the blonde hair and flocke being freaked out by him points to it being jacob. Plus he told flocke he broke the rules by killing him. i am pissed i have to sit in class on tuesday and have to wait till 1030 to watch
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2010 - 12:59 AM ET #83

    just finished watching. my thoughts on the episode...

    We have basically known it all along, but it was nice for Claire to introduce us to her "friend". I think it is safe to say that Claire has been doing some killing for the past 3 years at the request of Flocke.  Flocke wants everybody dead and he will lie and take different forms to convince someone to do it for him. 

    Part of me thinks he just wants to chill on the island all by himself.  Jacob however is not going to let this happen which will eventually to lead the rumble at the temple. In one corner you have Flocke, Claire, and Sawyer and possibly Sayid and in the other corner you have Jack, Hurley, Kate, and Dogan.  My money right know is on Flocke.

    I can see it now, Claire and Jin heading to the temple when all of a sudden they run into our pal Kate. Of course Kate will try to save the day like always and will fail miserably when she tells Claire she has been taking care of Aaron. I can only hope and pray that Clair has her axe with her so she can dispose of Kate the proper way. If you can't tell, I despise Kate and everything she does. I was very upset when I saw she had a number on that contraption in the lighthouse

    Speaking of the contraption, Desmond also had a number so that is a great sign. I always knew Desmond was important in the grand scheme of things. But the most important is Jack. Whatever decision he has to make according to Jacob, he has to do it on his own.  LOST has been this way since the beginning. 

    Any guesses on who Jack's baby mama is? I don't think it will be his previous wife, that would be boring and it's defiantly not Kate I don't think.  If I had to pick a long shot I would go with Ana Lucia

    What did you guys think of the episode?







    Reply
    just finished watching. my thoughts on the episode...

    We have basically known it all along, but it was nice for Claire to introduce us to her "friend". I think it is safe to say that Claire has been doing some killing for the past 3 years at the request of Flocke.  Flocke wants everybody dead and he will lie and take different forms to convince someone to do it for him. 

    Part of me thinks he just wants to chill on the island all by himself.  Jacob however is not going to let this happen which will eventually to lead the rumble at the temple. In one corner you have Flocke, Claire, and Sawyer and possibly Sayid and in the other corner you have Jack, Hurley, Kate, and Dogan.  My money right know is on Flocke.

    I can see it now, Claire and Jin heading to the temple when all of a sudden they run into our pal Kate. Of course Kate will try to save the day like always and will fail miserably when she tells Claire she has been taking care of Aaron. I can only hope and pray that Clair has her axe with her so she can dispose of Kate the proper way. If you can't tell, I despise Kate and everything she does. I was very upset when I saw she had a number on that contraption in the lighthouse

    Speaking of the contraption, Desmond also had a number so that is a great sign. I always knew Desmond was important in the grand scheme of things. But the most important is Jack. Whatever decision he has to make according to Jacob, he has to do it on his own.  LOST has been this way since the beginning. 

    Any guesses on who Jack's baby mama is? I don't think it will be his previous wife, that would be boring and it's defiantly not Kate I don't think.  If I had to pick a long shot I would go with Ana Lucia

    What did you guys think of the episode?







     
    MrBugatti
    MrBugatti
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 2056
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2010 - 1:08 AM ET #84

    Liked the episode. Curious to see who the person is that Jacob said will be coming to the island. I could be way off, but something told me it was Walt. Never understood why the Others were in such awe of him but this could be the payoff to that storyline.

    Think you may be off on the baby mama since David is lacking in the tan skin dept. My guess would be Juliet.
    Reply
    Liked the episode. Curious to see who the person is that Jacob said will be coming to the island. I could be way off, but something told me it was Walt. Never understood why the Others were in such awe of him but this could be the payoff to that storyline.

    Think you may be off on the baby mama since David is lacking in the tan skin dept. My guess would be Juliet.
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2010 - 1:12 AM ET #85

    That is interesting about Walt. He could just be coming back to get Vincent back. I hope we see them both again, that would be sick.
    Reply
    That is interesting about Walt. He could just be coming back to get Vincent back. I hope we see them both again, that would be sick.
     
    KQC
    KQC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 3852
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2010 - 10:14 AM ET #86

    Just a guess.. trying to get Desmond or Aaron back to the island.
    Reply
    Just a guess.. trying to get Desmond or Aaron back to the island.
     
    BKinNYC
    BKinNYC
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 278
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2010 - 11:16 AM ET #87

    Good discussion...

    Actually, someone pulled a screen shot from last night's episode and 108's name was Wallace.  No one I talked to thought that name sounded familiar, so who knows.  Jacob wanted Jack to break the mirror all along, so maybe it didn't matter who 108 was.

    Also, I think it's interesting that only one "Kwan" was on the ceiling.  So that means that Jin OR Sun survives, not both.  My bet is Jin doesn't want to go along with Flocke/Claire, and he gets the axe.

    By the way - I loved that earlier speculation about Sawyer/Jack in the series finale.  Man, that would be a great ending!

    FYI:  I read in an interview that the final 3 scenes of the series are going to be unbelievable.  I can't wait...

     

    Reply

    Good discussion...

    Actually, someone pulled a screen shot from last night's episode and 108's name was Wallace.  No one I talked to thought that name sounded familiar, so who knows.  Jacob wanted Jack to break the mirror all along, so maybe it didn't matter who 108 was.

    Also, I think it's interesting that only one "Kwan" was on the ceiling.  So that means that Jin OR Sun survives, not both.  My bet is Jin doesn't want to go along with Flocke/Claire, and he gets the axe.

    By the way - I loved that earlier speculation about Sawyer/Jack in the series finale.  Man, that would be a great ending!

    FYI:  I read in an interview that the final 3 scenes of the series are going to be unbelievable.  I can't wait...

     

     
    ICAPSports
    ICAPSports
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 36392
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2010 - 12:05 PM ET #88

    Desmond is the one coming to the island I believe.  108 was also the number of minutes that button needed to be pressed in Hatch
    Reply
    Desmond is the one coming to the island I believe.  108 was also the number of minutes that button needed to be pressed in Hatch
     
    KQC
    KQC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 3852
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2010 - 12:17 PM ET #89

    And Sawyer is pulling his biggest con job on Flocke/Smokie/Man in Black right now
    Reply
    And Sawyer is pulling his biggest con job on Flocke/Smokie/Man in Black right now
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2010 - 2:08 PM ET #90

    Dogen's translation to Hurley was posted a few minutes ago:

    You are lucky you are protected. Because if you were not, I would cut your head off
    Reply
    Dogen's translation to Hurley was posted a few minutes ago:

    You are lucky you are protected. Because if you were not, I would cut your head off
     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2010 - 3:04 PM ET #91

    Real good episode.

    A few things bouncing around my head:

    I don't know if we've ever heard Desmond's last name, but, as a Scot, it certainly wouldn't surprise me to learn that it's Wallace.

    The only other serious pianist I can recall from the show (besides Faraday, who I'm pretty sure is not David's mother) is Penny.  Not sure how or if Jack and Penny found one another, but you never know.

    Kwan is only Jin's original name.  Sun's would have been something else.  I'm thinking Jacob would have kept track from birth, so I'm assuming it's Jin's name on list.

    When Jack called David from Sydney, he mentioned that something "had happened."  I assume Jack had gone to Sydney to pick up his dad's body, so something else must have happened, no? 

    Big Picture: Jacob and Flocke are playing a game - good vs. evil?, free will vs. destiny?  shirts vs. skins?.  Jacob's got his list (in the lighthouse) and Flocke's got his (in the cave).  People get crossed off for different reasons.  I gather people get crossed off of Jacob's list when they are no longer a "candidate," and off of Flocke's list when they're dead.

    It would be interesting to know why some people can see Jacob and some can't.  It appears that candidates can't.  Not sure what to make of that, or much else.

    Reply

    Real good episode.

    A few things bouncing around my head:

    I don't know if we've ever heard Desmond's last name, but, as a Scot, it certainly wouldn't surprise me to learn that it's Wallace.

    The only other serious pianist I can recall from the show (besides Faraday, who I'm pretty sure is not David's mother) is Penny.  Not sure how or if Jack and Penny found one another, but you never know.

    Kwan is only Jin's original name.  Sun's would have been something else.  I'm thinking Jacob would have kept track from birth, so I'm assuming it's Jin's name on list.

    When Jack called David from Sydney, he mentioned that something "had happened."  I assume Jack had gone to Sydney to pick up his dad's body, so something else must have happened, no? 

    Big Picture: Jacob and Flocke are playing a game - good vs. evil?, free will vs. destiny?  shirts vs. skins?.  Jacob's got his list (in the lighthouse) and Flocke's got his (in the cave).  People get crossed off for different reasons.  I gather people get crossed off of Jacob's list when they are no longer a "candidate," and off of Flocke's list when they're dead.

    It would be interesting to know why some people can see Jacob and some can't.  It appears that candidates can't.  Not sure what to make of that, or much else.

     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2010 - 3:39 PM ET #92

    Great post Maine. Like I said in my earlier post, LOST has always been about destiny and free will. Just like Ben told Jack: "I want you to want to do the surgery".

    And Desmond's last name is Hume
    Reply
    Great post Maine. Like I said in my earlier post, LOST has always been about destiny and free will. Just like Ben told Jack: "I want you to want to do the surgery".

    And Desmond's last name is Hume
     
    KQC
    KQC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 3852
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2010 - 5:09 PM ET #93

    re: piano skills

    Last season on Lost, another child prodigy played the same number for us. I am referring to Master Daniel Faraday in ''The Variable.'' We remember his fate: how his mother cut him off his from art; how she redirected his brilliance toward physics in a doomed bid to save him from her future bullet; how she drove him and rode him and smothered him. He died, anyway. A failure, anyway. I felt Lost was offering a belated toast to the late Faraday in Sideways Jack's surprising cross with Sideways Dogen, whose son was also auditioning for Williams. ''They are too young to have this kind of pressure,'' Dogen said. ''It's hard to watch and be unable to help.'' Rest In Peace, Daniel. Sorry your Mom sucked. (I look forward to getting Island Dogen's backstory and seeing how much of it ironically synchs with this small peek into his Sideways world.)
    Reply
    re: piano skills

    Last season on Lost, another child prodigy played the same number for us. I am referring to Master Daniel Faraday in ''The Variable.'' We remember his fate: how his mother cut him off his from art; how she redirected his brilliance toward physics in a doomed bid to save him from her future bullet; how she drove him and rode him and smothered him. He died, anyway. A failure, anyway. I felt Lost was offering a belated toast to the late Faraday in Sideways Jack's surprising cross with Sideways Dogen, whose son was also auditioning for Williams. ''They are too young to have this kind of pressure,'' Dogen said. ''It's hard to watch and be unable to help.'' Rest In Peace, Daniel. Sorry your Mom sucked. (I look forward to getting Island Dogen's backstory and seeing how much of it ironically synchs with this small peek into his Sideways world.)
     
    MrBugatti
    MrBugatti
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 2056
    Posted: Feb. 25, 2010 - 11:55 PM ET #94

    Any thoughts out there about Walt's possible role in the homestretch?
    Reply
    Any thoughts out there about Walt's possible role in the homestretch?
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Feb. 26, 2010 - 12:59 AM ET #95

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBugatti:

    Any thoughts out there about Walt's possible role in the homestretch?

    I don't think he will play a role at all. We might see him in a flash but that is about it. There are much more important people to focus on. Who knows, he might not have even been born now
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBugatti:

    Any thoughts out there about Walt's possible role in the homestretch?

    I don't think he will play a role at all. We might see him in a flash but that is about it. There are much more important people to focus on. Who knows, he might not have even been born now
     
    MrBugatti
    MrBugatti
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 2056
    Posted: Feb. 26, 2010 - 1:21 AM ET #96

    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:


    I don't think he will play a role at all. We might see him in a flash but that is about it. There are much more important people to focus on. Who knows, he might not have even been born now

    I guess the writers just killed whatever angle they were going for when making it seem like Walt was so important to Ben and Richard. Seems odd. Oh well.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:


    I don't think he will play a role at all. We might see him in a flash but that is about it. There are much more important people to focus on. Who knows, he might not have even been born now

    I guess the writers just killed whatever angle they were going for when making it seem like Walt was so important to Ben and Richard. Seems odd. Oh well.
     
    dperr
    dperr
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 842
    Posted: Feb. 26, 2010 - 6:21 PM ET #97

    I would think Walt would have to make some sort of return. Early on in the series there were episodes dedicated to him, well Michael but a lot of the time they were giving information about Walt, and how he was "special." The one in particular I am talking about is when that bird dies and Walt's stepfather brings him back to Michael and says something along the lines of "Walt is not normal and there is something very different about him." If Walt does not make a comeback all those episodes were pointless.  I like to think the writers did not start this show with the intentions of just adding meaningless storylines. I guess we will just have to wait and see if he still has a place in the grand scheme of things.
    Reply
    I would think Walt would have to make some sort of return. Early on in the series there were episodes dedicated to him, well Michael but a lot of the time they were giving information about Walt, and how he was "special." The one in particular I am talking about is when that bird dies and Walt's stepfather brings him back to Michael and says something along the lines of "Walt is not normal and there is something very different about him." If Walt does not make a comeback all those episodes were pointless.  I like to think the writers did not start this show with the intentions of just adding meaningless storylines. I guess we will just have to wait and see if he still has a place in the grand scheme of things.
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Mar. 2, 2010 - 11:44 PM ET #98

    Another good episode. Not much in terms of answers but the stage has been set for the throw down in the jungle. It appears Dogen was right about Sayid.  After his talk with Flocke, Sayid appears ready to do anything Flocke says in order to bring Nadia back to life.  If the time comes, do you think he could kill Jack or Hurley? I don't think so.

    What a great face Claire made at Kate when she told her she had taken Aaron. Those two are defiantly going to throw down sooner or late with Kate hopefully ending up dead.  I also watched an interview with Carlton where he said Kate's name was indeed on the cave and it was crossed out.  They just didn't edit it into the episode for some reason.. This enforces my belief even more that Kate will be dead come seasons end. 

    I hope we get a backstory about Illana because she apparently knows everything about the island. I am assuming Jacob visited her off the island and informed her of everything and was saving her in case he needed her, which he obviously does now.

    I am really looking forward to next week. Ben is my favorite character and it should be all about him.  I feel he will still can play a huge role for the island. And he has to be digging up Locke's grave right? Unless Nikki and Paulo and are set to make a return and bore everybody to death, it will be interesting to see how they use Locke's body

    What did you think?
    Reply
    Another good episode. Not much in terms of answers but the stage has been set for the throw down in the jungle. It appears Dogen was right about Sayid.  After his talk with Flocke, Sayid appears ready to do anything Flocke says in order to bring Nadia back to life.  If the time comes, do you think he could kill Jack or Hurley? I don't think so.

    What a great face Claire made at Kate when she told her she had taken Aaron. Those two are defiantly going to throw down sooner or late with Kate hopefully ending up dead.  I also watched an interview with Carlton where he said Kate's name was indeed on the cave and it was crossed out.  They just didn't edit it into the episode for some reason.. This enforces my belief even more that Kate will be dead come seasons end. 

    I hope we get a backstory about Illana because she apparently knows everything about the island. I am assuming Jacob visited her off the island and informed her of everything and was saving her in case he needed her, which he obviously does now.

    I am really looking forward to next week. Ben is my favorite character and it should be all about him.  I feel he will still can play a huge role for the island. And he has to be digging up Locke's grave right? Unless Nikki and Paulo and are set to make a return and bore everybody to death, it will be interesting to see how they use Locke's body

    What did you think?
     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Mar. 3, 2010 - 12:47 AM ET #99

    It was certainly interesting. I know people are getting irritated with the show because it's not giving much in the way of answers. But they have to be patient as I am. I think in the long run, the season will blow people away. But people want answers ASAP and don't want to wait. I too am excited about next week with the Ben featured episode. Why do you hate kate so much? She is damn sexy, but can be annoying because she can't decide who's schlong she wants.
    Reply
    It was certainly interesting. I know people are getting irritated with the show because it's not giving much in the way of answers. But they have to be patient as I am. I think in the long run, the season will blow people away. But people want answers ASAP and don't want to wait. I too am excited about next week with the Ben featured episode. Why do you hate kate so much? She is damn sexy, but can be annoying because she can't decide who's schlong she wants.
     
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Mar. 3, 2010 - 1:06 AM ET #100

    I love looking at her but I just hate how she uses both Jack and Sawyer for herself and always try to be involved and help when all she does is fuck shit up.


    Reply
    I love looking at her but I just hate how she uses both Jack and Sawyer for herself and always try to be involved and help when all she does is fuck shit up.


    All Forums | Movies & Television
    «First Previous 456 ... 111213 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,657
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 636
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,212
    • PART DEUX 249
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,243
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,016
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,486
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 1,443
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,816
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 619

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.