• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Movies & Television

    LOST fans

    «First Previous 123 ... 111213 Next Last»
    coldsnap55
    dperr
    mohjo
    Iveycheats
    yuice20
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 7359
    Posts: 311
    «First Previous 123 ... 111213 Next Last»
     
    coldsnap55
    coldsnap55
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 9818
    Posted: May. 23, 2010 - 11:48 PM ET #251

    Quote Originally Posted by dperr:

     I thought the ending was weak as well.  Will be interesting to see what endings they scraped to get to this one.

    Could have been worse like....Bobby Ewing in the shower and it was all a dream by Pam. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by dperr:

     I thought the ending was weak as well.  Will be interesting to see what endings they scraped to get to this one.

    Could have been worse like....Bobby Ewing in the shower and it was all a dream by Pam. 

     
    dperr
    dperr
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 842
    Posted: May. 23, 2010 - 11:50 PM ET #252

    Quote Originally Posted by coldsnap55:

    Could have been worse like....Bobby Ewing in the shower and it was all a dream by Pam. 



    Ha very true.  That is why I will actually be tuning into Kimmel to see what they decided not to use.  Hopefully the alternate endings are very lame so I can feel better about this one.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsnap55:

    Could have been worse like....Bobby Ewing in the shower and it was all a dream by Pam. 



    Ha very true.  That is why I will actually be tuning into Kimmel to see what they decided not to use.  Hopefully the alternate endings are very lame so I can feel better about this one.
     
    mohjo
    mohjo
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 6456
    Posted: May. 23, 2010 - 11:51 PM ET #253

    Quote Originally Posted by KQC:



    Big fan of the show and wasn't too happy the way it ended either.  Just a bunch of corny reunion flashbacks and a ton of commercials.  Was expecting a big battle w/ Flocke/MIB...

    Might have to rewatch to see if I missed anything or watch the alt endings on Kimmel
    Agree fully it was more a review than a finale
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KQC:



    Big fan of the show and wasn't too happy the way it ended either.  Just a bunch of corny reunion flashbacks and a ton of commercials.  Was expecting a big battle w/ Flocke/MIB...

    Might have to rewatch to see if I missed anything or watch the alt endings on Kimmel
    Agree fully it was more a review than a finale
     
    mohjo
    mohjo
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 6456
    Posted: May. 23, 2010 - 11:52 PM ET #254

    FYI The Kemmel alternate endings are not really lost endings from what I heard they all include Jimmy and are funny not really made for LOST...

     

    Hope that doesn't kill it for most and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats what's going to happen..

    Reply

    FYI The Kemmel alternate endings are not really lost endings from what I heard they all include Jimmy and are funny not really made for LOST...

     

    Hope that doesn't kill it for most and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats what's going to happen..

     
    Iveycheats
    Iveycheats
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 2089
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 12:00 AM ET #255

    Quote Originally Posted by dperr:

    Christian told Jack that some died before and some died after so I took it as when they die their timelines connect.  So while Penny is still alive in the original timeline when she dies she will be connected with the current timeline.  Like when Jack dies on the island at the end he is finally connected to everybody in the flashsideways and he remembers everything.

    This is the only thing that can make somewhat sense right now..........I liked the finale a lot until the end..........My wife's been saying for 3 years that they were dead, and I was saying "That's stupid".........well she was right, and I think the show was stupid

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by dperr:

    Christian told Jack that some died before and some died after so I took it as when they die their timelines connect.  So while Penny is still alive in the original timeline when she dies she will be connected with the current timeline.  Like when Jack dies on the island at the end he is finally connected to everybody in the flashsideways and he remembers everything.

    This is the only thing that can make somewhat sense right now..........I liked the finale a lot until the end..........My wife's been saying for 3 years that they were dead, and I was saying "That's stupid".........well she was right, and I think the show was stupid

     

     
    dperr
    dperr
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 842
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 12:03 AM ET #256

    Quote Originally Posted by Iveycheats:

    This is the only thing that can make somewhat sense right now..........I liked the finale a lot until the end..........My wife's been saying for 3 years that they were dead, and I was saying "That's stupid".........well she was right, and I think the show was stupid

     




    Same when I first picked up the show this what my initial thought, they are all dead, but as the show went on that seemed to obvious.  I thought the finale was great up until the last scene where they Jack talked to Christian because I just felt completely let down.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Iveycheats:

    This is the only thing that can make somewhat sense right now..........I liked the finale a lot until the end..........My wife's been saying for 3 years that they were dead, and I was saying "That's stupid".........well she was right, and I think the show was stupid

     




    Same when I first picked up the show this what my initial thought, they are all dead, but as the show went on that seemed to obvious.  I thought the finale was great up until the last scene where they Jack talked to Christian because I just felt completely let down.
     
    Iveycheats
    Iveycheats
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 2089
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 12:06 AM ET #257

    If that is basically what happened, I "ON DEMAND" a movie one night at worik with Anne Hathaway called "survivors" or something....I'll check, but somebody stole the idea from the other
    Reply
    If that is basically what happened, I "ON DEMAND" a movie one night at worik with Anne Hathaway called "survivors" or something....I'll check, but somebody stole the idea from the other
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 12:08 AM ET #258

    that movie survivors was awful
    Reply
    that movie survivors was awful
     
    Iveycheats
    Iveycheats
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 2089
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 12:16 AM ET #259

    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    that movie survivors was awful

     

    I thought it was okay at best.........but the thought now is very similar......they all died, and something was helping them along

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    that movie survivors was awful

     

    I thought it was okay at best.........but the thought now is very similar......they all died, and something was helping them along

     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 12:21 AM ET #260

    they were not dead the whole time. i hope people understand that. when they died, whether it be on the island or years after when they left the island, they would then be connected into the alternate timeline or whatever you want to call it.

    even though i did not like how it ended, the way they did end it i thought was pretty good. it is going to be weird not watching on tuesday nights anymore
    Reply
    they were not dead the whole time. i hope people understand that. when they died, whether it be on the island or years after when they left the island, they would then be connected into the alternate timeline or whatever you want to call it.

    even though i did not like how it ended, the way they did end it i thought was pretty good. it is going to be weird not watching on tuesday nights anymore
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 12:53 AM ET #261

    i think the reason i am so upset is because all along the creators said that it had nothing to do with purgatory. i feel lied to
    Reply
    i think the reason i am so upset is because all along the creators said that it had nothing to do with purgatory. i feel lied to
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 1:08 AM ET #262

    i re-watched the end and the more i think about it, it was a brilliant ending. the direction the show took, the ending could not have been any better
    Reply
    i re-watched the end and the more i think about it, it was a brilliant ending. the direction the show took, the ending could not have been any better
     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 1:10 AM ET #263

    Quote Originally Posted by Iveycheats:

    If that is basically what happened, I "ON DEMAND" a movie one night at worik with Anne Hathaway called "survivors" or something....I'll check, but somebody stole the idea from the other


    I think it was called Passengers.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Iveycheats:

    If that is basically what happened, I "ON DEMAND" a movie one night at worik with Anne Hathaway called "survivors" or something....I'll check, but somebody stole the idea from the other


    I think it was called Passengers.
     
    MrBugatti
    MrBugatti
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 2056
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 1:15 AM ET #264

    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    i re-watched the end and the more i think about it, it was a brilliant ending. the direction the show took, the ending could not have been any better



    Great ending. Liked how the last shot, besides the eyeball, with Jack and Vincent was great. Exactly the same shot as the opening scene in episode 1. The way Christian explained the Sideways world was great but people were still confused. Just wish we would have saw more of a battle between Jack and MIB.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by yuice20:

    i re-watched the end and the more i think about it, it was a brilliant ending. the direction the show took, the ending could not have been any better



    Great ending. Liked how the last shot, besides the eyeball, with Jack and Vincent was great. Exactly the same shot as the opening scene in episode 1. The way Christian explained the Sideways world was great but people were still confused. Just wish we would have saw more of a battle between Jack and MIB.
     
    Iveycheats
    Iveycheats
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 2089
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 1:19 AM ET #265

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBugatti:




    Great ending. Liked how the last shot, besides the eyeball, with Jack and Vincent was great. Exactly the same shot as the opening scene in episode 1. The way Christian explained the Sideways world was great but people were still confused. Just wish we would have saw more of a battle between Jack and MIB.

     

    I thought we switched to GLADIATOR for a minute with that flying punch Jack was throwing going into commercial........and the scene from afar before with them on the cliff........too much

     

    Jarrett............Passengers

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBugatti:




    Great ending. Liked how the last shot, besides the eyeball, with Jack and Vincent was great. Exactly the same shot as the opening scene in episode 1. The way Christian explained the Sideways world was great but people were still confused. Just wish we would have saw more of a battle between Jack and MIB.

     

    I thought we switched to GLADIATOR for a minute with that flying punch Jack was throwing going into commercial........and the scene from afar before with them on the cliff........too much

     

    Jarrett............Passengers

     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 2:44 AM ET #266

    I really liked how they ended thingsAlmost made me cry at certain points. Much better then the Sopranos finale anyway.....
    Reply
    I really liked how they ended thingsAlmost made me cry at certain points. Much better then the Sopranos finale anyway.....
     
    marnypoly
    marnypoly
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 3939
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 2:49 AM ET #267

    Quote Originally Posted by Iveycheats:

    This is the only thing that can make somewhat sense right now..........I liked the finale a lot until the end..........My wife's been saying for 3 years that they were dead, and I was saying "That's stupid".........well she was right, and I think the show was stupid

     


    They weren't dead on the island. The "sideway" timeline was the purgatory.

    Everyone died at different times.

    Christian's explanation at the end was straight forward, I thought.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Iveycheats:

    This is the only thing that can make somewhat sense right now..........I liked the finale a lot until the end..........My wife's been saying for 3 years that they were dead, and I was saying "That's stupid".........well she was right, and I think the show was stupid

     


    They weren't dead on the island. The "sideway" timeline was the purgatory.

    Everyone died at different times.

    Christian's explanation at the end was straight forward, I thought.
     
    HoldEm00
    HoldEm00
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 8956
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 4:40 AM ET #268

    Do you guys know how Desmond feels about his pasta?
    Reply
    Do you guys know how Desmond feels about his pasta?
     
    -Clutch
    -Clutch
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 6180
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 10:07 AM ET #269

    Quote Originally Posted by HoldEm00:

    Do you guys know how Desmond feels about his pasta?

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by HoldEm00:

    Do you guys know how Desmond feels about his pasta?

     

     
    KQC
    KQC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 3852
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 12:35 PM ET #270

    LOST Redux -- E! Online
    Reply
    LOST Redux -- E! Online
     
    Weathered
    Weathered
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 13464
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 5:47 PM ET #271

    I'm actually shocked at how many people completely did not get the ending.

    It was fantastic.

    They were not dead all this time, they were NOT in purgatory.

    They all somehow found a way to be together one last time after they ALL passed away.

    Also i'm shocked at how many people think the flash-sideway world coincided with the Island world. As it turns out the flash-sideways world was a) not even "real" and b) whatever it was it was set waaaaay in the future from the day Jack dies. I mean his father said some of them died before you, some of them lived much longer than you. The key to everything was the conversation between Jack and his father. Also for even more proof see the conversation between Hugo and Ben at the end when Hugo tells Ben he was a great #2, then Ben says you were a great #1. They lived on the Island for a very long time after Jack died, with Hugo being the new protector of the Island wich by the way you can argue was bogus of course, nothing actually happened to Hugo when he drank from the water bottle...he was never actually like Jacob or Jack because there was no evil left for him to protect. But on the flip side what was the evil on the Island that needed protection before the MIB? (yet another un-answered question.)

    Also all the people who got on the plane at the end lived past the point when Jack died. In fact it was great to see Sawyer finally leave the Island since remember he was one of the only main characters of the show to have never left from day one.

    I mean if you notice even Aaron was at the church with Claire and Charlie and he was the farthest thing from being dead at the time Jack died.

    So overall are we left with many questions un-answered? Yes. I could probably create a list 15 - 20 deep filled with questions i want answered.

    But I also think for the time frame the writers had to work with it was a good ending. I also thought it would be cool (if you want to call killing off the main character 'cool') to have Jack die and close his eyes just as he opened them, laying in the same exact place to start to show.

    Everything came full circle.

     

    Reply

    I'm actually shocked at how many people completely did not get the ending.

    It was fantastic.

    They were not dead all this time, they were NOT in purgatory.

    They all somehow found a way to be together one last time after they ALL passed away.

    Also i'm shocked at how many people think the flash-sideway world coincided with the Island world. As it turns out the flash-sideways world was a) not even "real" and b) whatever it was it was set waaaaay in the future from the day Jack dies. I mean his father said some of them died before you, some of them lived much longer than you. The key to everything was the conversation between Jack and his father. Also for even more proof see the conversation between Hugo and Ben at the end when Hugo tells Ben he was a great #2, then Ben says you were a great #1. They lived on the Island for a very long time after Jack died, with Hugo being the new protector of the Island wich by the way you can argue was bogus of course, nothing actually happened to Hugo when he drank from the water bottle...he was never actually like Jacob or Jack because there was no evil left for him to protect. But on the flip side what was the evil on the Island that needed protection before the MIB? (yet another un-answered question.)

    Also all the people who got on the plane at the end lived past the point when Jack died. In fact it was great to see Sawyer finally leave the Island since remember he was one of the only main characters of the show to have never left from day one.

    I mean if you notice even Aaron was at the church with Claire and Charlie and he was the farthest thing from being dead at the time Jack died.

    So overall are we left with many questions un-answered? Yes. I could probably create a list 15 - 20 deep filled with questions i want answered.

    But I also think for the time frame the writers had to work with it was a good ending. I also thought it would be cool (if you want to call killing off the main character 'cool') to have Jack die and close his eyes just as he opened them, laying in the same exact place to start to show.

    Everything came full circle.

     

     
    MrBugatti
    MrBugatti
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 2056
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 6:14 PM ET #272

    Well put Weathered 


    Reply
    Well put Weathered 


     
    TheJonner
    TheJonner
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 3837
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 7:48 PM ET #273

    I stopped watching after Season 3 because I was getting sick of the same old shit .. did they ever explain the numbers?  that's all i care about.  please advise.
    Reply
    I stopped watching after Season 3 because I was getting sick of the same old shit .. did they ever explain the numbers?  that's all i care about.  please advise.
     
    banans
    banans
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 4705
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 8:15 PM ET #274

    Quote Originally Posted by Weathered:

    I'm actually shocked at how many people completely did not get the ending.

    It was fantastic.

    They were not dead all this time, they were NOT in purgatory.

    They all somehow found a way to be together one last time after they ALL passed away.

    Also i'm shocked at how many people think the flash-sideway world coincided with the Island world. As it turns out the flash-sideways world was a) not even "real" and b) whatever it was it was set waaaaay in the future from the day Jack dies. I mean his father said some of them died before you, some of them lived much longer than you. The key to everything was the conversation between Jack and his father. Also for even more proof see the conversation between Hugo and Ben at the end when Hugo tells Ben he was a great #2, then Ben says you were a great #1. They lived on the Island for a very long time after Jack died, with Hugo being the new protector of the Island wich by the way you can argue was bogus of course, nothing actually happened to Hugo when he drank from the water bottle...he was never actually like Jacob or Jack because there was no evil left for him to protect. But on the flip side what was the evil on the Island that needed protection before the MIB? (yet another un-answered question.)

    Also all the people who got on the plane at the end lived past the point when Jack died. In fact it was great to see Sawyer finally leave the Island since remember he was one of the only main characters of the show to have never left from day one.

    I mean if you notice even Aaron was at the church with Claire and Charlie and he was the farthest thing from being dead at the time Jack died.

    So overall are we left with many questions un-answered? Yes. I could probably create a list 15 - 20 deep filled with questions i want answered.

    But I also think for the time frame the writers had to work with it was a good ending. I also thought it would be cool (if you want to call killing off the main character 'cool') to have Jack die and close his eyes just as he opened them, laying in the same exact place to start to show.

    Everything came full circle.

     

    well put 

    Really enjoyed the ending. I liked the explanation of the sideways story. Sure there were a lot of questions unanswered, and I'm sure the writers would probably go back and not even ask some of them, but all in all, I am pretty satisfied that I didn't completely waste 6 years on this show. I was choked up a few times last night for sure.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Weathered:

    I'm actually shocked at how many people completely did not get the ending.

    It was fantastic.

    They were not dead all this time, they were NOT in purgatory.

    They all somehow found a way to be together one last time after they ALL passed away.

    Also i'm shocked at how many people think the flash-sideway world coincided with the Island world. As it turns out the flash-sideways world was a) not even "real" and b) whatever it was it was set waaaaay in the future from the day Jack dies. I mean his father said some of them died before you, some of them lived much longer than you. The key to everything was the conversation between Jack and his father. Also for even more proof see the conversation between Hugo and Ben at the end when Hugo tells Ben he was a great #2, then Ben says you were a great #1. They lived on the Island for a very long time after Jack died, with Hugo being the new protector of the Island wich by the way you can argue was bogus of course, nothing actually happened to Hugo when he drank from the water bottle...he was never actually like Jacob or Jack because there was no evil left for him to protect. But on the flip side what was the evil on the Island that needed protection before the MIB? (yet another un-answered question.)

    Also all the people who got on the plane at the end lived past the point when Jack died. In fact it was great to see Sawyer finally leave the Island since remember he was one of the only main characters of the show to have never left from day one.

    I mean if you notice even Aaron was at the church with Claire and Charlie and he was the farthest thing from being dead at the time Jack died.

    So overall are we left with many questions un-answered? Yes. I could probably create a list 15 - 20 deep filled with questions i want answered.

    But I also think for the time frame the writers had to work with it was a good ending. I also thought it would be cool (if you want to call killing off the main character 'cool') to have Jack die and close his eyes just as he opened them, laying in the same exact place to start to show.

    Everything came full circle.

     

    well put 

    Really enjoyed the ending. I liked the explanation of the sideways story. Sure there were a lot of questions unanswered, and I'm sure the writers would probably go back and not even ask some of them, but all in all, I am pretty satisfied that I didn't completely waste 6 years on this show. I was choked up a few times last night for sure.
     
     
    yuice20
    yuice20
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 10:26 PM ET #275

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJonner:

    I stopped watching after Season 3 because I was getting sick of the same old shit .. did they ever explain the numbers?  that's all i care about.  please advise.

    yes. they pertained to specific candidates. i don't know the exact matches but jack would have been 4 for example
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJonner:

    I stopped watching after Season 3 because I was getting sick of the same old shit .. did they ever explain the numbers?  that's all i care about.  please advise.

    yes. they pertained to specific candidates. i don't know the exact matches but jack would have been 4 for example
    All Forums | Movies & Television
    «First Previous 123 ... 111213 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,462
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 636
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,211
    • PART DEUX 245
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,097
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,016
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,799
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 616
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,645
    • the whole problem is knowingly spreading false info to vulnerable people 21,193

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.