• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum

    Watch out Cardinals backers! - 7/9 MLB

    dereksutton
    Getty3
    K4ngur13
    User358183b
    easy_livin
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 839
    Posts: 19
     
    dereksutton
    dereksutton
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 360
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 8:15 AM ET #1

    I see a lot of you playing the Cardinals RL. If you haven't done-so already, check out what Bud Norris has done to the Cards this year and in his career (4-0 CAREER WITH 0.35 ERA!!!). I know he's up against Waino tonight, but he has completely shut down the Redbirds. This year, his WHIP vs StL is 1.0 and has only allowed 1 run. He beat Carp earlier this year in StL throwing 8in 6h 0bb 1er and in April, he came into StL with his team 0-8 and helped them to their first win pitching 5 SO innings...I remembered his success against the Cards the year before and bet on the 0-8 'Stros that day at +190...I'll do the same today.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I see a lot of you playing the Cardinals RL. If you haven't done-so already, check out what Bud Norris has done to the Cards this year and in his career (4-0 CAREER WITH 0.35 ERA!!!). I know he's up against Waino tonight, but he has completely shut down the Redbirds. This year, his WHIP vs StL is 1.0 and has only allowed 1 run. He beat Carp earlier this year in StL throwing 8in 6h 0bb 1er and in April, he came into StL with his team 0-8 and helped them to their first win pitching 5 SO innings...I remembered his success against the Cards the year before and bet on the 0-8 'Stros that day at +190...I'll do the same today.
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 8:26 AM ET #2

    It helps that the Astros are playing at a much higher confidence level than the Cardinals right now as well. Good Luck
    Reply
    It helps that the Astros are playing at a much higher confidence level than the Cardinals right now as well. Good Luck
     
    dereksutton
    dereksutton
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 360
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 8:44 AM ET #3

    I'm a Cards fan, so I won't mind if I lose this bet and my bet on Cinci. You're right though, the Cardinals have to be demoralized...a team that was just swept vs a team that just completed a sweep. I'm hoping Jon Jay and other called-up Cardinals who haven't seen Norris can figure him out. If not, I'll take the units.
    Reply
    I'm a Cards fan, so I won't mind if I lose this bet and my bet on Cinci. You're right though, the Cardinals have to be demoralized...a team that was just swept vs a team that just completed a sweep. I'm hoping Jon Jay and other called-up Cardinals who haven't seen Norris can figure him out. If not, I'll take the units.
     
    K4ngur13
    K4ngur13
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 26212
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 8:46 AM ET #4

    Reply
     
    dereksutton
    dereksutton
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 360
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 9:36 AM ET #5

    So far for today's card we have:

    DET ml -140 - Verlander and the Tiger bats at home. Liriano has definitely cooled down after that scorching start. He had a great outing Saturday, but the Twins found a way to lose that game...they've lose 11 of last 16.

    CIN ml -115 - I like the Cinci bats to get to Blanton and I like Leake vs a Phillies line-up with some parts missing. Wouldn't mind losing this one though. My Cardinals need to make up ground.

    HOU ml +190 - the reasons stated above. It's baffling what Norris does against the Cardinals vs what he does (or doesn't do) against other team.

    and some other big underdogs:

    CLE ml +195 - Carmona is always capable to pull a gem out of his ass. Shields hasn't been nearly good enough for me to pass on this line.

    BAL ml +215 - BAL Matusz .456 era vs TEX Feldman 5.51 era. Feldman has the better potential run support, but Baltimore has shown recently that they too can score runs.

    KC ml +150 - Chen has been pretty good and I saw the Royals put it on Bheurle last month. +150 ain't bad.

    SD ml +140 - COL is hot, but it took a bit of luck and a terrible Cardinals bullpen to achieve that. SD could bring them down to earth tonight.

    Looking to win at least 2 of these 5 underdog bets..

    Over/Unders

    SFG/WAS o6.5 even - Good pitchers, but both teams' bats have been hot. I could see a 3-3 score happening at some point in this game.

    LAA/OAK u8 - Piniero and Mazzaro both been looking good. Their respective line-ups, not so much.

    Looking for a little parlay to play today. Any suggestions are appreciated as well as constructive criticism.

    Reply

    So far for today's card we have:

    DET ml -140 - Verlander and the Tiger bats at home. Liriano has definitely cooled down after that scorching start. He had a great outing Saturday, but the Twins found a way to lose that game...they've lose 11 of last 16.

    CIN ml -115 - I like the Cinci bats to get to Blanton and I like Leake vs a Phillies line-up with some parts missing. Wouldn't mind losing this one though. My Cardinals need to make up ground.

    HOU ml +190 - the reasons stated above. It's baffling what Norris does against the Cardinals vs what he does (or doesn't do) against other team.

    and some other big underdogs:

    CLE ml +195 - Carmona is always capable to pull a gem out of his ass. Shields hasn't been nearly good enough for me to pass on this line.

    BAL ml +215 - BAL Matusz .456 era vs TEX Feldman 5.51 era. Feldman has the better potential run support, but Baltimore has shown recently that they too can score runs.

    KC ml +150 - Chen has been pretty good and I saw the Royals put it on Bheurle last month. +150 ain't bad.

    SD ml +140 - COL is hot, but it took a bit of luck and a terrible Cardinals bullpen to achieve that. SD could bring them down to earth tonight.

    Looking to win at least 2 of these 5 underdog bets..

    Over/Unders

    SFG/WAS o6.5 even - Good pitchers, but both teams' bats have been hot. I could see a 3-3 score happening at some point in this game.

    LAA/OAK u8 - Piniero and Mazzaro both been looking good. Their respective line-ups, not so much.

    Looking for a little parlay to play today. Any suggestions are appreciated as well as constructive criticism.

     
    User358183b
    User358183b
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 46395
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 9:58 AM ET #6

    Post Deleted
    The lion and the tiger may be more powerful, but the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.
    Reply
    Post Deleted
     
    User358183b
    User358183b
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 46395
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 9:58 AM ET #7

    Post Deleted
    The lion and the tiger may be more powerful, but the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.
    Reply
    Post Deleted
     
    easy_livin
    easy_livin
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 587
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 10:24 AM ET #8

    BOL
    Reply
    BOL
     
    here2contribute
    here2contribute
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 988
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 11:00 AM ET #9

    Agreed.  Just wish he wasn't up against Wainright.
    Reply
    Agreed.  Just wish he wasn't up against Wainright.
     
    Creepa
    Creepa
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 871
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 11:02 AM ET #10

    Dude, nice picks!

    I want a little more to fade Wainwright but I really like the way you're thinking with some of these dogs.  KC stands out the most to me.  Chen has been terrific lately, and Buehrle not so much.  Both of the teams are hot, but I think KC has the hotter bats, though less power.  Gotta wait and see if Quentin goes for the Sox and if Guillen will be out for the Royals. 

    Carmona with that line looks like solid value, despite the Rays little win streak.  Also, Baltimore looks good in Texas, though might like the over even more, both teams got sticks right now.

    Love the Over also in Washington.  If the Nats can get 3 or more runs, that should be good to go, the Giants looked like an AL team in the pitcher-friendly Miller Park. 

    I'm not going to fade Liriano at that price, certainly.  I like Leake and Cincy, but I really want plus money to face the Phillies in Philly, despite their "shambles."

    Careful with parlays, you almost never get paid what you deserve when you hit.

    Good Luck, dude and keep bangin those dogs!  LOL
    Reply
    Dude, nice picks!

    I want a little more to fade Wainwright but I really like the way you're thinking with some of these dogs.  KC stands out the most to me.  Chen has been terrific lately, and Buehrle not so much.  Both of the teams are hot, but I think KC has the hotter bats, though less power.  Gotta wait and see if Quentin goes for the Sox and if Guillen will be out for the Royals. 

    Carmona with that line looks like solid value, despite the Rays little win streak.  Also, Baltimore looks good in Texas, though might like the over even more, both teams got sticks right now.

    Love the Over also in Washington.  If the Nats can get 3 or more runs, that should be good to go, the Giants looked like an AL team in the pitcher-friendly Miller Park. 

    I'm not going to fade Liriano at that price, certainly.  I like Leake and Cincy, but I really want plus money to face the Phillies in Philly, despite their "shambles."

    Careful with parlays, you almost never get paid what you deserve when you hit.

    Good Luck, dude and keep bangin those dogs!  LOL
     
    dereksutton
    dereksutton
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 360
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 12:42 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Polar_Bear:

    Not trying to give you a hard time man but where are you seeing anyone at all here besides myself on the Cards? I have been opening thread after thread since reading yours just to see a cards play and have yet to see one single play only plays on the astros cause of the great value and warnings to stay away from the cardinals which I fully expected to see when I posted the play late last night???

    Either way you have the value here tonight but I still like your cards tonight in this spot...Goodluck with your plays tonight..

    I was up early this morning (6am Central) and opened a bunch of threads that had people playing "Cardinals -1.5" (I was amazed that after their series in COL that people were taking this, even before I checked to see who Waino was throwing against). Not all of them were original posts...actually most seemed to be in response to some other or in agreement with that play. Since then, there have been other cautionary threads on here, which is why most now are going with the 'stros or just not playing that game. Just trying to help people out, cause it's easy to just look at Waino vs some nobody and take that rl, but I've seen my birdnals get shut down inexplicably by Norris 4 times in a row now and didn't know if ppl were aware.

    I have faith in the Cardinals being able to get to him this time, but I want something out of it if they lose another frustrating game. I've said in almost all of my threads that my picks against the Cards are mostly just so I'm happy(ish) either way at the end of the night. So BOL to you; I'm good with either outcome ;)

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Polar_Bear:

    Not trying to give you a hard time man but where are you seeing anyone at all here besides myself on the Cards? I have been opening thread after thread since reading yours just to see a cards play and have yet to see one single play only plays on the astros cause of the great value and warnings to stay away from the cardinals which I fully expected to see when I posted the play late last night???

    Either way you have the value here tonight but I still like your cards tonight in this spot...Goodluck with your plays tonight..

    I was up early this morning (6am Central) and opened a bunch of threads that had people playing "Cardinals -1.5" (I was amazed that after their series in COL that people were taking this, even before I checked to see who Waino was throwing against). Not all of them were original posts...actually most seemed to be in response to some other or in agreement with that play. Since then, there have been other cautionary threads on here, which is why most now are going with the 'stros or just not playing that game. Just trying to help people out, cause it's easy to just look at Waino vs some nobody and take that rl, but I've seen my birdnals get shut down inexplicably by Norris 4 times in a row now and didn't know if ppl were aware.

    I have faith in the Cardinals being able to get to him this time, but I want something out of it if they lose another frustrating game. I've said in almost all of my threads that my picks against the Cards are mostly just so I'm happy(ish) either way at the end of the night. So BOL to you; I'm good with either outcome ;)

     
    NFL
    NFL
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2006
    Posts: 3901
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 12:46 PM ET #12

    Hou +1.5

    Hou ML

    Hou RL

    Reply

    Hou +1.5

    Hou ML

    Hou RL

     
    Professional1
    Professional1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 41623
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 12:48 PM ET #13

    Hou alt run line!
    Reply
    Hou alt run line!
     
    bodio
    bodio
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 7370
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 1:13 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by dereksutton:

    So far for today's card we have:

    DET ml -140 - Verlander and the Tiger bats at home. Liriano has definitely cooled down after that scorching start. He had a great outing Saturday, but the Twins found a way to lose that game...they've lose 11 of last 16.

    CIN ml -115 - I like the Cinci bats to get to Blanton and I like Leake vs a Phillies line-up with some parts missing. Wouldn't mind losing this one though. My Cardinals need to make up ground.

    HOU ml +190 - the reasons stated above. It's baffling what Norris does against the Cardinals vs what he does (or doesn't do) against other team.

    and some other big underdogs:

    CLE ml +195 - Carmona is always capable to pull a gem out of his ass. Shields hasn't been nearly good enough for me to pass on this line.

    BAL ml +215 - BAL Matusz .456 era vs TEX Feldman 5.51 era. Feldman has the better potential run support, but Baltimore has shown recently that they too can score runs.

    KC ml +150 - Chen has been pretty good and I saw the Royals put it on Bheurle last month. +150 ain't bad.

    SD ml +140 - COL is hot, but it took a bit of luck and a terrible Cardinals bullpen to achieve that. SD could bring them down to earth tonight.

    Looking to win at least 2 of these 5 underdog bets..

    Over/Unders

    SFG/WAS o6.5 even - Good pitchers, but both teams' bats have been hot. I could see a 3-3 score happening at some point in this game.

    LAA/OAK u8 - Piniero and Mazzaro both been looking good. Their respective line-ups, not so much.

    Looking for a little parlay to play today. Any suggestions are appreciated as well as constructive criticism.

     

    Liking the plays.  Thanks for bringing up the stats on Norris.  I'll definitely look closely at that game.

    Good luck

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dereksutton:

    So far for today's card we have:

    DET ml -140 - Verlander and the Tiger bats at home. Liriano has definitely cooled down after that scorching start. He had a great outing Saturday, but the Twins found a way to lose that game...they've lose 11 of last 16.

    CIN ml -115 - I like the Cinci bats to get to Blanton and I like Leake vs a Phillies line-up with some parts missing. Wouldn't mind losing this one though. My Cardinals need to make up ground.

    HOU ml +190 - the reasons stated above. It's baffling what Norris does against the Cardinals vs what he does (or doesn't do) against other team.

    and some other big underdogs:

    CLE ml +195 - Carmona is always capable to pull a gem out of his ass. Shields hasn't been nearly good enough for me to pass on this line.

    BAL ml +215 - BAL Matusz .456 era vs TEX Feldman 5.51 era. Feldman has the better potential run support, but Baltimore has shown recently that they too can score runs.

    KC ml +150 - Chen has been pretty good and I saw the Royals put it on Bheurle last month. +150 ain't bad.

    SD ml +140 - COL is hot, but it took a bit of luck and a terrible Cardinals bullpen to achieve that. SD could bring them down to earth tonight.

    Looking to win at least 2 of these 5 underdog bets..

    Over/Unders

    SFG/WAS o6.5 even - Good pitchers, but both teams' bats have been hot. I could see a 3-3 score happening at some point in this game.

    LAA/OAK u8 - Piniero and Mazzaro both been looking good. Their respective line-ups, not so much.

    Looking for a little parlay to play today. Any suggestions are appreciated as well as constructive criticism.

     

    Liking the plays.  Thanks for bringing up the stats on Norris.  I'll definitely look closely at that game.

    Good luck

     
    User358183b
    User358183b
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 46395
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 4:18 PM ET #15

    Post Deleted
    The lion and the tiger may be more powerful, but the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.
    Reply
    Post Deleted
     
    dereksutton
    dereksutton
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 360
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 4:33 PM ET #16

    Cheers to you too. I wouldn't be the least bit upset if you're right about the Cards 3-1 win.
    Reply
    Cheers to you too. I wouldn't be the least bit upset if you're right about the Cards 3-1 win.
     
    dereksutton
    dereksutton
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 360
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 8:36 PM ET #17

    Good start Polar.
    Reply
    Good start Polar.
     
    User358183b
    User358183b
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 46395
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2010 - 11:24 PM ET #18

    Post Deleted
    The lion and the tiger may be more powerful, but the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.
    Reply
    Post Deleted
     
     
    dereksutton
    dereksutton
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 360
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2010 - 5:52 AM ET #19

    I'm even happier that I came out of tonight + ~5 U even with the Cards winning and Cinci losing (in miserable fashion)! Cards gained a full game and I still had a good plus night even though i had to eat those 2 U.
    Reply
    I'm even happier that I came out of tonight + ~5 U even with the Cards winning and Cinci losing (in miserable fashion)! Cards gained a full game and I still had a good plus night even though i had to eat those 2 U.
    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,248
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 753
    • PART DEUX 207
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,993
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,102
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,566
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,202
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,117
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,934
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,843

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.