• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC on Fox 25

    12 Next Last»
    PapaShango
    TheDiesel44
    StumpTownStu
    rzagza
    ParlayJoe17
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2185
    Posts: 27
    12 Next Last»
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 18, 2017 - 12:55 PM ET #1

    Chris Weidman +130 (4 Units)


    I'll have a write up later in the week...If the line keeps going up, I'll probably put more on Weidman closer to the fight...I love a bunch of fights this weekend, interested in the odds...
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Chris Weidman +130 (4 Units)


    I'll have a write up later in the week...If the line keeps going up, I'll probably put more on Weidman closer to the fight...I love a bunch of fights this weekend, interested in the odds...
     
    TheDiesel44
    TheDiesel44
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 63
    Posted: Jul. 18, 2017 - 4:06 PM ET #2

    Curious to see the write up man. Im on Gastelum just think most of the fight will take place on the feet and Gastelum is way better standing than Weidman. 

    Gooduck on tonight fights I'm on Hamilton as well.
    Reply
    Curious to see the write up man. Im on Gastelum just think most of the fight will take place on the feet and Gastelum is way better standing than Weidman. 

    Gooduck on tonight fights I'm on Hamilton as well.
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 18, 2017 - 11:19 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDiesel44:

    Curious to see the write up man. Im on Gastelum just think most of the fight will take place on the feet and Gastelum is way better standing than Weidman. 

    Gooduck on tonight fights I'm on Hamilton as well.

    I definitely disagree that Gastelum is way better than Weidman standing, but I'll have a write-up later in the week.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDiesel44:

    Curious to see the write up man. Im on Gastelum just think most of the fight will take place on the feet and Gastelum is way better standing than Weidman. 

    Gooduck on tonight fights I'm on Hamilton as well.

    I definitely disagree that Gastelum is way better than Weidman standing, but I'll have a write-up later in the week.
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2017 - 6:09 AM ET #4

    Isn't crazy how Gastelum went from being last picked on TUF to winning TUF to compiling an impressive record with quality wins...TO BEING FAVORED OVER CHRIS WEIDMAN! I know Weidman has had 3 straight losses, and I hate to put myself in the "underestimate Kevin Gastelum" boat but i've gotta take Weidman for +money.
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    Isn't crazy how Gastelum went from being last picked on TUF to winning TUF to compiling an impressive record with quality wins...TO BEING FAVORED OVER CHRIS WEIDMAN! I know Weidman has had 3 straight losses, and I hate to put myself in the "underestimate Kevin Gastelum" boat but i've gotta take Weidman for +money.
     
    rzagza
    rzagza
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 10857
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2017 - 2:19 PM ET #5

    5 round distance is what gets Chris beaten here, if he loses.  3 rounds and I like him here. 5 rounds is alot to ask from a guy who has looked dead in rounds 2 and 3 lately. He's gotta really pace himself in this one.
    Reply
    5 round distance is what gets Chris beaten here, if he loses.  3 rounds and I like him here. 5 rounds is alot to ask from a guy who has looked dead in rounds 2 and 3 lately. He's gotta really pace himself in this one.
     
    ParlayJoe17
    ParlayJoe17
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 272
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2017 - 1:00 AM ET #6

    I agree that the odds on Chris are good here.  I have long been a pr+oponent of Gastelum, but Chris is the bigger and stronger man here.  Not long ago, Gastelum was saying he did not want to go up to 85 because he did not think he could beat guys like Weidman and Rockhold.  I also agree that 5 rounds favors Gastelum.  The fight could end up looking like the Tim Kennedy fight where Chris ragdolls him around before gassing out and getting finished.  I just think around +140 or so there's a pretty decent chance he gets control on the ground and either pounds him out or submits him early.  The props on early finish by Weidman or late finish by Kelvin will be worth alook.
    Reply
    I agree that the odds on Chris are good here.  I have long been a pr+oponent of Gastelum, but Chris is the bigger and stronger man here.  Not long ago, Gastelum was saying he did not want to go up to 85 because he did not think he could beat guys like Weidman and Rockhold.  I also agree that 5 rounds favors Gastelum.  The fight could end up looking like the Tim Kennedy fight where Chris ragdolls him around before gassing out and getting finished.  I just think around +140 or so there's a pretty decent chance he gets control on the ground and either pounds him out or submits him early.  The props on early finish by Weidman or late finish by Kelvin will be worth alook.
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2017 - 10:52 AM ET #7

    Chris Weidman +130 (4 Units)
    Chris Weidman +145 (1 Unit)
    Reply
    Chris Weidman +130 (4 Units)
    Chris Weidman +145 (1 Unit)
     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2017 - 4:11 PM ET #8

    bunch of good lookin dogs. cowboy olivera, almeida, always love godofredo.   check out gian villante. sunday 1pm he was -101 today he's -156
    Reply
    bunch of good lookin dogs. cowboy olivera, almeida, always love godofredo.   check out gian villante. sunday 1pm he was -101 today he's -156
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 1:00 AM ET #9

    Frankie Perez +275 (1 Unit)
    Godogredo Pepey +400 (1 Unit)
    Burgos/Pepey Under 1.5 -140 (1 Unit)
    Albini/Johnson Under 2.5 -110 (1 Unit)
    Kyle Bochniak +210 (1 Unit)
    Marlon Vera +185 (2 Units)
    Rafael Natal +100 (2 Units)
    Elizeu Zaleski +140 (2 Units)
    Patrick Cummins +140 (1 Unit)
    Darren Elkins +175 (2 Units)
    Chris Weidman +130 (4 Units)
    Chris Weidman +145 (1 Unit)
    Reply
    Frankie Perez +275 (1 Unit)
    Godogredo Pepey +400 (1 Unit)
    Burgos/Pepey Under 1.5 -140 (1 Unit)
    Albini/Johnson Under 2.5 -110 (1 Unit)
    Kyle Bochniak +210 (1 Unit)
    Marlon Vera +185 (2 Units)
    Rafael Natal +100 (2 Units)
    Elizeu Zaleski +140 (2 Units)
    Patrick Cummins +140 (1 Unit)
    Darren Elkins +175 (2 Units)
    Chris Weidman +130 (4 Units)
    Chris Weidman +145 (1 Unit)
     
    Loucovers44
    Loucovers44
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2017
    Posts: 136
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 11:01 AM ET #10

    JIMMIE RIVERA!! Lockkkk! He's coming for that belt
    Reply
    JIMMIE RIVERA!! Lockkkk! He's coming for that belt
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 12:36 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Loucovers44:

    JIMMIE RIVERA!! Lockkkk! He's coming for that belt


    Far from a lock, but GL.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Loucovers44:

    JIMMIE RIVERA!! Lockkkk! He's coming for that belt


    Far from a lock, but GL.  
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 2:28 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:

    Chris Weidman +130 (4 Units)


    I'll have a write up later in the week...If the line keeps going up, I'll probably put more on Weidman closer to the fight...I love a bunch of fights this weekend, interested in the odds...



    Been curious to see your Weidman write-up as I'm heavy on Gastelum. Are you still planning on posting that or did you run out of time?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:

    Chris Weidman +130 (4 Units)


    I'll have a write up later in the week...If the line keeps going up, I'll probably put more on Weidman closer to the fight...I love a bunch of fights this weekend, interested in the odds...



    Been curious to see your Weidman write-up as I'm heavy on Gastelum. Are you still planning on posting that or did you run out of time?
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 2:33 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:

    Frankie Perez +275 (1 Unit)
    Godogredo Pepey +400 (1 Unit)
    Burgos/Pepey Under 1.5 -140 (1 Unit)
    Albini/Johnson Under 2.5 -110 (1 Unit)
    Kyle Bochniak +210 (1 Unit)
    Marlon Vera +185 (2 Units)
    Rafael Natal +100 (2 Units)
    Elizeu Zaleski +140 (2 Units)
    Patrick Cummins +140 (1 Unit)
    Darren Elkins +175 (2 Units)
    Chris Weidman +130 (4 Units)
    Chris Weidman +145 (1 Unit)


    Riding with you on the dogs    
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:

    Frankie Perez +275 (1 Unit)
    Godogredo Pepey +400 (1 Unit)
    Burgos/Pepey Under 1.5 -140 (1 Unit)
    Albini/Johnson Under 2.5 -110 (1 Unit)
    Kyle Bochniak +210 (1 Unit)
    Marlon Vera +185 (2 Units)
    Rafael Natal +100 (2 Units)
    Elizeu Zaleski +140 (2 Units)
    Patrick Cummins +140 (1 Unit)
    Darren Elkins +175 (2 Units)
    Chris Weidman +130 (4 Units)
    Chris Weidman +145 (1 Unit)


    Riding with you on the dogs    
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 2:57 PM ET #14

    Weidman vs Gastelum Write-Up:


    Let's first start with the size factor.  

    Weidman is 6'2 with a 78 inch reach.
    Gastelum is 5'9 with a 71.5 inch reach.

    Weidman looked way bigger than Gastelum at the weigh-ins and will be way bigger tonight for the fight.


    Now, let's take a look at the odds.  Wediman has only been a bigger dog than he is tonight in his first fight against Silva, in which he was +195.  


    Weidman UFC Odds History:

    -240 vs Sakara
    -500 vs Bongfeldt
    -365 vs Lawlor
    -150 vs Maia
    -150 vs Munoz
    +195 vs Silva
    +145 vs Silva
    -190 vs Machida
    -400 vs Belfort
    -155 vs Rockhold (L)
    -210 vs Romero (L)
    -105 vs Mousasi (L)
    +145 vs Gastelum???

    Gastelum UFC Odds History:

    Hall +285
    Melancon -300
    Story -180
    Musoke -380
    Ellenberger -230
    Woodley +175 (L)
    Marquart -500
    Magny -335 (L)
    Hendricks -110
    Kennedy +105
    Belfort -355
    Weidman -165???


    I just think there is massive value on Weidman tonight at 185 lbs against a fighter than is truly between weight classes.  Weidman's last 3 opponents are way better than anyone that Gastelum has fought at 185 lbs.  

    Gastelum's fights are a bit smoke and mirrors recently.

    -He lost a split decision to Magny as a -335 favorite at 170 lbs.
    -He beat Hendricks by UD at UFC 200 at 170 lbs.
    -He then missed weight vs Cowboy at 205 and had to move up to 185.
    -He beat Tim Kennedy, who hadn't fought in over 2 years after a brutal KO to Romero.
    -He then beat Vitor in Brazil after Vitor had lost 3 of his last 4.


    They both KO'd Vitor, however Weidman did it when Vitor was on a 3 fight KO win streak.  Gastelum got him 4 fights later.


    I'm worried where Gastelum's head is at after his suspension, I'm worried about the size differential, and I'm worried about the level of competition he has faced at 185.


    Weidman knows this is due or die for him, his last 3 fights could have gone either way, he's in his own backyard, and the crowd will ride him to victory tonight.

    If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I really believe this is a good spot and value for Weidman.
    Reply
    Weidman vs Gastelum Write-Up:


    Let's first start with the size factor.  

    Weidman is 6'2 with a 78 inch reach.
    Gastelum is 5'9 with a 71.5 inch reach.

    Weidman looked way bigger than Gastelum at the weigh-ins and will be way bigger tonight for the fight.


    Now, let's take a look at the odds.  Wediman has only been a bigger dog than he is tonight in his first fight against Silva, in which he was +195.  


    Weidman UFC Odds History:

    -240 vs Sakara
    -500 vs Bongfeldt
    -365 vs Lawlor
    -150 vs Maia
    -150 vs Munoz
    +195 vs Silva
    +145 vs Silva
    -190 vs Machida
    -400 vs Belfort
    -155 vs Rockhold (L)
    -210 vs Romero (L)
    -105 vs Mousasi (L)
    +145 vs Gastelum???

    Gastelum UFC Odds History:

    Hall +285
    Melancon -300
    Story -180
    Musoke -380
    Ellenberger -230
    Woodley +175 (L)
    Marquart -500
    Magny -335 (L)
    Hendricks -110
    Kennedy +105
    Belfort -355
    Weidman -165???


    I just think there is massive value on Weidman tonight at 185 lbs against a fighter than is truly between weight classes.  Weidman's last 3 opponents are way better than anyone that Gastelum has fought at 185 lbs.  

    Gastelum's fights are a bit smoke and mirrors recently.

    -He lost a split decision to Magny as a -335 favorite at 170 lbs.
    -He beat Hendricks by UD at UFC 200 at 170 lbs.
    -He then missed weight vs Cowboy at 205 and had to move up to 185.
    -He beat Tim Kennedy, who hadn't fought in over 2 years after a brutal KO to Romero.
    -He then beat Vitor in Brazil after Vitor had lost 3 of his last 4.


    They both KO'd Vitor, however Weidman did it when Vitor was on a 3 fight KO win streak.  Gastelum got him 4 fights later.


    I'm worried where Gastelum's head is at after his suspension, I'm worried about the size differential, and I'm worried about the level of competition he has faced at 185.


    Weidman knows this is due or die for him, his last 3 fights could have gone either way, he's in his own backyard, and the crowd will ride him to victory tonight.

    If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I really believe this is a good spot and value for Weidman.
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 3:27 PM ET #15

    Weidman has taken a ton of damage in those last 3 fights though and he appeared to gas after a round and a half in all 3. He also struggles to actually hold people down when he takes them down, which is part of the reason he has success early but burns his gas tank and gets finished late.

    I understand the points about the size differential, as well as the talent in competition, but Gastelum has appeared to look much better in his fights recently while Weidman looks like a complete shell of himself. Weidman's chin is a HUGE concern now, too, and Gastelum has shown to have a great chin to go along with fantastic cardio. In my opinion, Gastelum should have won that Magny decision and the only reason he struggled there was because Magny is a cardio machine and could actually match Gastelum in that department. Weidman is no cardio machine. I see Weidman having some success early, likely getting a takedown or two, but he'll struggle to do anything with them and gas himself out. He will begin to fade in the middle rounds and that's where Gastelum will overwhelm him with volume and eventually clip Weidman's now suspect chin.

    If this were a 3 round fight, I think it favors Weidman slightly. But a 5 round fight? Give me Gastelum all day. Weidman was in his own back yard his last 2 fights and that didn't seem to matter. The size differential is really the only thing that gives me pause but I still think Gastelum takes this. You can even get Gastelum (Scorecards = No Action) for almost the exact same price as the ML at 5Dimes right now. That would cover you in case Chris somehow manages to secure 3 rounds or there is some type of hometown cooking BS decision. If Gastelum wins, it's likely a finish, so that seems like a decent approach. Good luck
    Reply
    Weidman has taken a ton of damage in those last 3 fights though and he appeared to gas after a round and a half in all 3. He also struggles to actually hold people down when he takes them down, which is part of the reason he has success early but burns his gas tank and gets finished late.

    I understand the points about the size differential, as well as the talent in competition, but Gastelum has appeared to look much better in his fights recently while Weidman looks like a complete shell of himself. Weidman's chin is a HUGE concern now, too, and Gastelum has shown to have a great chin to go along with fantastic cardio. In my opinion, Gastelum should have won that Magny decision and the only reason he struggled there was because Magny is a cardio machine and could actually match Gastelum in that department. Weidman is no cardio machine. I see Weidman having some success early, likely getting a takedown or two, but he'll struggle to do anything with them and gas himself out. He will begin to fade in the middle rounds and that's where Gastelum will overwhelm him with volume and eventually clip Weidman's now suspect chin.

    If this were a 3 round fight, I think it favors Weidman slightly. But a 5 round fight? Give me Gastelum all day. Weidman was in his own back yard his last 2 fights and that didn't seem to matter. The size differential is really the only thing that gives me pause but I still think Gastelum takes this. You can even get Gastelum (Scorecards = No Action) for almost the exact same price as the ML at 5Dimes right now. That would cover you in case Chris somehow manages to secure 3 rounds or there is some type of hometown cooking BS decision. If Gastelum wins, it's likely a finish, so that seems like a decent approach. Good luck
     
    Skanless1
    Skanless1
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 5996
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 8:22 PM ET #16

    I don't necessarily think that Weidman is a better overall fighter than Gastelum.. I like Gastelum's ground game better, but I think there is definitely value w/Weidman and am playing him for 1 unit as well. 

    GL Shango!
    Reply
    I don't necessarily think that Weidman is a better overall fighter than Gastelum.. I like Gastelum's ground game better, but I think there is definitely value w/Weidman and am playing him for 1 unit as well. 

    GL Shango!
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 10:26 PM ET #17



    Beast mode tonight Papa!

    Reply


    Beast mode tonight Papa!

     
    MrUnderdog
    MrUnderdog
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2017
    Posts: 110
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 11:06 PM ET #18

    Great job like always, papa!
    Reply
    Great job like always, papa!
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 11:38 PM ET #19

    CHRIS WEIDMAN IS BACK BABY!!!!!


    Reply
    CHRIS WEIDMAN IS BACK BABY!!!!!


     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2017 - 11:40 PM ET #20

    Frankie Perez +275 (1 Unit)
    Godogredo Pepey +400 (1 Unit)
    Burgos/Pepey Under 1.5 -140 (1 Unit)
    Albini/Johnson Under 2.5 -110 (1 Unit)
    Kyle Bochniak +210 (1 Unit)
    Marlon Vera +185 (2 Units)
    Rafael Natal +100 (2 Units)
    Elizeu Zaleski +140 (2 Units)
    Patrick Cummins +140 (1 Unit)
    Darren Elkins +175 (2 Units)
    Chris Weidman +130 (4 Units)
    Chris Weidman +145 (1 Unit)



    +12.65 Units on the card...Another + UFC card...
    Reply
    Frankie Perez +275 (1 Unit)
    Godogredo Pepey +400 (1 Unit)
    Burgos/Pepey Under 1.5 -140 (1 Unit)
    Albini/Johnson Under 2.5 -110 (1 Unit)
    Kyle Bochniak +210 (1 Unit)
    Marlon Vera +185 (2 Units)
    Rafael Natal +100 (2 Units)
    Elizeu Zaleski +140 (2 Units)
    Patrick Cummins +140 (1 Unit)
    Darren Elkins +175 (2 Units)
    Chris Weidman +130 (4 Units)
    Chris Weidman +145 (1 Unit)



    +12.65 Units on the card...Another + UFC card...
     
    straight_cash
    straight_cash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2015
    Posts: 7479
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 12:15 AM ET #21

    Crushed it tonight  Nice to finally see Weidman win again, huge win for him.
    Reply
    Crushed it tonight  Nice to finally see Weidman win again, huge win for him.
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 7:25 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:

    CHRIS WEIDMAN IS BACK BABY!!!!!




    Nice hit but do you really think he's "back?" Had that 1st round been about 10 seconds longer, he would have been staring at his 4th consecutive KO loss. He dominated the wrestling exchanges over the MUCH smaller guy and kudos to him for getting a much needed W. But in my mind, all of the red flags that surround him are still there. That chin is gone, his cardio issues will still remain the same, he looks much weaker/drained since USADA, and he still has trouble holding his opponents down with his wrestling (obviously wasn't an issue against the tiny Gastelum, although Gastelum still did well at times). In my opinion, Chris winning in the fashion that he did sets him up as HUGE fade material if he faces a top 5 guy in the division again. I really hope he gets a solid opponent again in his next fight and the odds are way off after everyone claiming "he's back."

    Credit to you, though. Good call and I was obviously wrong. Thought Kelvin would be a bit more active early on and force Chris to expend much more energy than he did. I figured Weidman would have some success early with his wrestling, then start to fade as the fight went on. Then I thought Gastelum would take over and likely KO him. Again, one punch and he had Weidman sailing across the cage wondering where he was. 10 more seconds......
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:

    CHRIS WEIDMAN IS BACK BABY!!!!!




    Nice hit but do you really think he's "back?" Had that 1st round been about 10 seconds longer, he would have been staring at his 4th consecutive KO loss. He dominated the wrestling exchanges over the MUCH smaller guy and kudos to him for getting a much needed W. But in my mind, all of the red flags that surround him are still there. That chin is gone, his cardio issues will still remain the same, he looks much weaker/drained since USADA, and he still has trouble holding his opponents down with his wrestling (obviously wasn't an issue against the tiny Gastelum, although Gastelum still did well at times). In my opinion, Chris winning in the fashion that he did sets him up as HUGE fade material if he faces a top 5 guy in the division again. I really hope he gets a solid opponent again in his next fight and the odds are way off after everyone claiming "he's back."

    Credit to you, though. Good call and I was obviously wrong. Thought Kelvin would be a bit more active early on and force Chris to expend much more energy than he did. I figured Weidman would have some success early with his wrestling, then start to fade as the fight went on. Then I thought Gastelum would take over and likely KO him. Again, one punch and he had Weidman sailing across the cage wondering where he was. 10 more seconds......
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2017 - 11:36 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by J-MoneyMaker:



    Nice hit but do you really think he's "back?" Had that 1st round been about 10 seconds longer, he would have been staring at his 4th consecutive KO loss. He dominated the wrestling exchanges over the MUCH smaller guy and kudos to him for getting a much needed W. But in my mind, all of the red flags that surround him are still there. That chin is gone, his cardio issues will still remain the same, he looks much weaker/drained since USADA, and he still has trouble holding his opponents down with his wrestling (obviously wasn't an issue against the tiny Gastelum, although Gastelum still did well at times). In my opinion, Chris winning in the fashion that he did sets him up as HUGE fade material if he faces a top 5 guy in the division again. I really hope he gets a solid opponent again in his next fight and the odds are way off after everyone claiming "he's back."

    Credit to you, though. Good call and I was obviously wrong. Thought Kelvin would be a bit more active early on and force Chris to expend much more energy than he did. I figured Weidman would have some success early with his wrestling, then start to fade as the fight went on. Then I thought Gastelum would take over and likely KO him. Again, one punch and he had Weidman sailing across the cage wondering where he was. 10 more seconds......


    I completely disagree with your assessment of the fight.  His "chin" is not gone at all.  That was the first time he's ever been knocked down in his career besides Romero's knee.  Anyone would've dropped with that punch.  Weidman dominated over 12 minutes of that 13 minute fight.  I don't think he would have been finished with another 10 seconds.  I watched the fight 3 times again.  He was hanging on.  

    He has the best grappling in the division, he can throw with anyone, and his cardio looked great after all of that wrestling in the 1st two rounds.  Gastelum has never been finished before and was finished by Weidman.  Give the man some credit.  I would bet him against anybody in the division with exception of Whittaker and possibly Rockhold.  Yes, I would take Weidman in a rematch against Romero.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by J-MoneyMaker:



    Nice hit but do you really think he's "back?" Had that 1st round been about 10 seconds longer, he would have been staring at his 4th consecutive KO loss. He dominated the wrestling exchanges over the MUCH smaller guy and kudos to him for getting a much needed W. But in my mind, all of the red flags that surround him are still there. That chin is gone, his cardio issues will still remain the same, he looks much weaker/drained since USADA, and he still has trouble holding his opponents down with his wrestling (obviously wasn't an issue against the tiny Gastelum, although Gastelum still did well at times). In my opinion, Chris winning in the fashion that he did sets him up as HUGE fade material if he faces a top 5 guy in the division again. I really hope he gets a solid opponent again in his next fight and the odds are way off after everyone claiming "he's back."

    Credit to you, though. Good call and I was obviously wrong. Thought Kelvin would be a bit more active early on and force Chris to expend much more energy than he did. I figured Weidman would have some success early with his wrestling, then start to fade as the fight went on. Then I thought Gastelum would take over and likely KO him. Again, one punch and he had Weidman sailing across the cage wondering where he was. 10 more seconds......


    I completely disagree with your assessment of the fight.  His "chin" is not gone at all.  That was the first time he's ever been knocked down in his career besides Romero's knee.  Anyone would've dropped with that punch.  Weidman dominated over 12 minutes of that 13 minute fight.  I don't think he would have been finished with another 10 seconds.  I watched the fight 3 times again.  He was hanging on.  

    He has the best grappling in the division, he can throw with anyone, and his cardio looked great after all of that wrestling in the 1st two rounds.  Gastelum has never been finished before and was finished by Weidman.  Give the man some credit.  I would bet him against anybody in the division with exception of Whittaker and possibly Rockhold.  Yes, I would take Weidman in a rematch against Romero.  
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 5:08 PM ET #24

    OK, he was dropped, knocked out, or TKO'd in his past 4 fights and lost 3 of them. Not sure how that supports your argument of his chin not being gone. And with each beating he took, I'm sure the more it's deteriorated. Take a look at this crazy picture below from the Gastelum punch and I can assure you, that punch didn't help his chin issues going forward.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFblfTxXoAAQpHU.jpg:large

    Weidman was successful in the wrestling department, yes, but I firmly believe he was only able to keep Gastelum down because of the insane size discrepancy. Against Mousasi, Rockhold, Romero, he wasn't able to keep any of them down and also gassed himself out in trying to do so. I feel like this victory over a much smaller guy is going to get a lot of people back on the Weidman bandwagon when it didn't really prove much to me that any of his past issues were fixed.

    I did give Weidman credit in my earlier post. I said kudos to him for getting a much needed win. His career was on the line and he seemed extremely motivated and had the crowd behind him. If we're being honest, Kelvin didn't seem that interested during the fight. Seemed very lackadaisical, like he can be at times. Regardless, Chris was actually able to keep Gastelum down when he took him down, which is something he hasn't been able to do in recent fights. That allowed him to conserve some more energy and have enough in the tank to secure the finish in the 3rd.

    I doubt either of us are going to be able to change the other person's opinion at this point, but that's ok. That's what makes betting and forums like this fun for discussion. If anything, I am happy Weidman won because I really think there are going to be some enticing odds on his opponents in the future if he gets back to facing the top guys in the division. Anyways, good win and a solid night overall for you. Congrats and good luck on the big PPV this weekend
    Reply
    OK, he was dropped, knocked out, or TKO'd in his past 4 fights and lost 3 of them. Not sure how that supports your argument of his chin not being gone. And with each beating he took, I'm sure the more it's deteriorated. Take a look at this crazy picture below from the Gastelum punch and I can assure you, that punch didn't help his chin issues going forward.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFblfTxXoAAQpHU.jpg:large

    Weidman was successful in the wrestling department, yes, but I firmly believe he was only able to keep Gastelum down because of the insane size discrepancy. Against Mousasi, Rockhold, Romero, he wasn't able to keep any of them down and also gassed himself out in trying to do so. I feel like this victory over a much smaller guy is going to get a lot of people back on the Weidman bandwagon when it didn't really prove much to me that any of his past issues were fixed.

    I did give Weidman credit in my earlier post. I said kudos to him for getting a much needed win. His career was on the line and he seemed extremely motivated and had the crowd behind him. If we're being honest, Kelvin didn't seem that interested during the fight. Seemed very lackadaisical, like he can be at times. Regardless, Chris was actually able to keep Gastelum down when he took him down, which is something he hasn't been able to do in recent fights. That allowed him to conserve some more energy and have enough in the tank to secure the finish in the 3rd.

    I doubt either of us are going to be able to change the other person's opinion at this point, but that's ok. That's what makes betting and forums like this fun for discussion. If anything, I am happy Weidman won because I really think there are going to be some enticing odds on his opponents in the future if he gets back to facing the top guys in the division. Anyways, good win and a solid night overall for you. Congrats and good luck on the big PPV this weekend
     
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2017 - 11:01 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by J-MoneyMaker:

    OK, he was dropped, knocked out, or TKO'd in his past 4 fights and lost 3 of them. Not sure how that supports your argument of his chin not being gone. And with each beating he took, I'm sure the more it's deteriorated. Take a look at this crazy picture below from the Gastelum punch and I can assure you, that punch didn't help his chin issues going forward.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFblfTxXoAAQpHU.jpg:large

    Weidman was successful in the wrestling department, yes, but I firmly believe he was only able to keep Gastelum down because of the insane size discrepancy. Against Mousasi, Rockhold, Romero, he wasn't able to keep any of them down and also gassed himself out in trying to do so. I feel like this victory over a much smaller guy is going to get a lot of people back on the Weidman bandwagon when it didn't really prove much to me that any of his past issues were fixed.

    I did give Weidman credit in my earlier post. I said kudos to him for getting a much needed win. His career was on the line and he seemed extremely motivated and had the crowd behind him. If we're being honest, Kelvin didn't seem that interested during the fight. Seemed very lackadaisical, like he can be at times. Regardless, Chris was actually able to keep Gastelum down when he took him down, which is something he hasn't been able to do in recent fights. That allowed him to conserve some more energy and have enough in the tank to secure the finish in the 3rd.

    I doubt either of us are going to be able to change the other person's opinion at this point, but that's ok. That's what makes betting and forums like this fun for discussion. If anything, I am happy Weidman won because I really think there are going to be some enticing odds on his opponents in the future if he gets back to facing the top guys in the division. Anyways, good win and a solid night overall for you. Congrats and good luck on the big PPV this weekend

    I notice that this is what you do when you don't want to give credit to a fighter, you say that their opponent didn't care.  Right, Gastelum didn't care to bet Weidman, Rumble didn't care both times to beat Cormier.  This is just an absurd argument to mask that the better fighter won the fights.

    Who in the division would you bet against Weidman right now?  Maybe Whittaker and Rockhold.  Who else?  Bisping?  It'd be a good fight, but I would definitely give the edge to Weidman.  Romero?  Weidman did not gas out in that fight, he just got caught with an incredible knee on his way in for a shoot.  Who else would you favor over Weidman?  You're making it seem like there will be this great opportunity to bet against him.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by J-MoneyMaker:

    OK, he was dropped, knocked out, or TKO'd in his past 4 fights and lost 3 of them. Not sure how that supports your argument of his chin not being gone. And with each beating he took, I'm sure the more it's deteriorated. Take a look at this crazy picture below from the Gastelum punch and I can assure you, that punch didn't help his chin issues going forward.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFblfTxXoAAQpHU.jpg:large

    Weidman was successful in the wrestling department, yes, but I firmly believe he was only able to keep Gastelum down because of the insane size discrepancy. Against Mousasi, Rockhold, Romero, he wasn't able to keep any of them down and also gassed himself out in trying to do so. I feel like this victory over a much smaller guy is going to get a lot of people back on the Weidman bandwagon when it didn't really prove much to me that any of his past issues were fixed.

    I did give Weidman credit in my earlier post. I said kudos to him for getting a much needed win. His career was on the line and he seemed extremely motivated and had the crowd behind him. If we're being honest, Kelvin didn't seem that interested during the fight. Seemed very lackadaisical, like he can be at times. Regardless, Chris was actually able to keep Gastelum down when he took him down, which is something he hasn't been able to do in recent fights. That allowed him to conserve some more energy and have enough in the tank to secure the finish in the 3rd.

    I doubt either of us are going to be able to change the other person's opinion at this point, but that's ok. That's what makes betting and forums like this fun for discussion. If anything, I am happy Weidman won because I really think there are going to be some enticing odds on his opponents in the future if he gets back to facing the top guys in the division. Anyways, good win and a solid night overall for you. Congrats and good luck on the big PPV this weekend

    I notice that this is what you do when you don't want to give credit to a fighter, you say that their opponent didn't care.  Right, Gastelum didn't care to bet Weidman, Rumble didn't care both times to beat Cormier.  This is just an absurd argument to mask that the better fighter won the fights.

    Who in the division would you bet against Weidman right now?  Maybe Whittaker and Rockhold.  Who else?  Bisping?  It'd be a good fight, but I would definitely give the edge to Weidman.  Romero?  Weidman did not gas out in that fight, he just got caught with an incredible knee on his way in for a shoot.  Who else would you favor over Weidman?  You're making it seem like there will be this great opportunity to bet against him.
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 454,680
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,228
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 597
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,182
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 8,712
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,662
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 607
    • Trump's legacy? 32,953
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,056
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,727

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.