• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC 193

    «First Previous 12
    J-MoneyMaker
    Ferrari29
    Steven19083
    Schwilly
    Brightsizelife
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3479
    Posts: 50
    «First Previous 12
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2015 - 3:15 AM ET #26

    lol jeez man, is this how it is around here when someone loses their hard-earned money? I can understand people giving you some grief for risking that much on Rousey, but in the end, aren't we all here to try to make money? I lost heavily due to adding Rousey in my plays as well, but I didn't really see anybody on here or anywhere else saying that Holm had a chance. Rousey had been about as sure of a thing as you can find in terms of betting these past few years. Not sure why everyone comes out of the woodwork after a big loss like this. I can see why I had always lurked here instead of posting plays lol. Sorry for the loss tonight Ferrari. You seem like a good dude from what I've seen on here in the past. I'm in the same boat with you tonight. Good luck in the next event
    Reply
    lol jeez man, is this how it is around here when someone loses their hard-earned money? I can understand people giving you some grief for risking that much on Rousey, but in the end, aren't we all here to try to make money? I lost heavily due to adding Rousey in my plays as well, but I didn't really see anybody on here or anywhere else saying that Holm had a chance. Rousey had been about as sure of a thing as you can find in terms of betting these past few years. Not sure why everyone comes out of the woodwork after a big loss like this. I can see why I had always lurked here instead of posting plays lol. Sorry for the loss tonight Ferrari. You seem like a good dude from what I've seen on here in the past. I'm in the same boat with you tonight. Good luck in the next event
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2015 - 3:39 AM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by J-MoneyMaker:

    lol jeez man, is this how it is around here when someone loses their hard-earned money? I can understand people giving you some grief for risking that much on Rousey, but in the end, aren't we all here to try to make money? I lost heavily due to adding Rousey in my plays as well, but I didn't really see anybody on here or anywhere else saying that Holm had a chance. Rousey had been about as sure of a thing as you can find in terms of betting these past few years. Not sure why everyone comes out of the woodwork after a big loss like this. I can see why I had always lurked here instead of posting plays lol. Sorry for the loss tonight Ferrari. You seem like a good dude from what I've seen on here in the past. I'm in the same boat with you tonight. Good luck in the next event


    It doesn't bother me Money!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still up for the year, I'm sure I feel better than Rousey does
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by J-MoneyMaker:

    lol jeez man, is this how it is around here when someone loses their hard-earned money? I can understand people giving you some grief for risking that much on Rousey, but in the end, aren't we all here to try to make money? I lost heavily due to adding Rousey in my plays as well, but I didn't really see anybody on here or anywhere else saying that Holm had a chance. Rousey had been about as sure of a thing as you can find in terms of betting these past few years. Not sure why everyone comes out of the woodwork after a big loss like this. I can see why I had always lurked here instead of posting plays lol. Sorry for the loss tonight Ferrari. You seem like a good dude from what I've seen on here in the past. I'm in the same boat with you tonight. Good luck in the next event


    It doesn't bother me Money!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still up for the year, I'm sure I feel better than Rousey does
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2015 - 3:42 AM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by Efini:


    Can I have some money? You seem to throw cash away


    Sure, what do you need?????
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Efini:


    Can I have some money? You seem to throw cash away


    Sure, what do you need?????
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2015 - 3:49 AM ET #29

    [Quote: Originally Posted by StackMyLoot] LOL got crushed to win a measly $100
    [/Quote
    It happens but I'll remember Your name big money!!!!!!!!!!!

    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by StackMyLoot] LOL got crushed to win a measly $100
    [/Quote
    It happens but I'll remember Your name big money!!!!!!!!!!!

     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2015 - 3:52 AM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman67:

    Daamn,,,,  i guess today was the day....    sorry about your loss(es) Ferrari, sometimes the shocking results are what make you better in the long run.  


    isn't the end of the world Iceman!!!!!!!!!!!! i'll just finger roll the next event George Gervin
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman67:

    Daamn,,,,  i guess today was the day....    sorry about your loss(es) Ferrari, sometimes the shocking results are what make you better in the long run.  


    isn't the end of the world Iceman!!!!!!!!!!!! i'll just finger roll the next event George Gervin
     
    Steven19083
    Steven19083
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 1281
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2015 - 4:24 AM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by J-MoneyMaker:

    lol jeez man, is this how it is around here when someone loses their hard-earned money? I can understand people giving you some grief for risking that much on Rousey, but in the end, aren't we all here to try to make money? I lost heavily due to adding Rousey in my plays as well, but I didn't really see anybody on here or anywhere else saying that Holm had a chance. Rousey had been about as sure of a thing as you can find in terms of betting these past few years. Not sure why everyone comes out of the woodwork after a big loss like this. I can see why I had always lurked here instead of posting plays lol. Sorry for the loss tonight Ferrari. You seem like a good dude from what I've seen on here in the past. I'm in the same boat with you tonight. Good luck in the next event


    Agreed 100%.  This isn't competitive gambling like Poker or something. We're all in this together against the books. As far as I'm concerned, we're all on the same team here.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by J-MoneyMaker:

    lol jeez man, is this how it is around here when someone loses their hard-earned money? I can understand people giving you some grief for risking that much on Rousey, but in the end, aren't we all here to try to make money? I lost heavily due to adding Rousey in my plays as well, but I didn't really see anybody on here or anywhere else saying that Holm had a chance. Rousey had been about as sure of a thing as you can find in terms of betting these past few years. Not sure why everyone comes out of the woodwork after a big loss like this. I can see why I had always lurked here instead of posting plays lol. Sorry for the loss tonight Ferrari. You seem like a good dude from what I've seen on here in the past. I'm in the same boat with you tonight. Good luck in the next event


    Agreed 100%.  This isn't competitive gambling like Poker or something. We're all in this together against the books. As far as I'm concerned, we're all on the same team here.
     
    Schwilly
    Schwilly
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 334
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2015 - 7:10 AM ET #32

    D4L, losing sucks, makes us do weird things, chase loses, beat the dog, yell FIX (just kidding, I would never chase loses).  I had money on Ronda and felt plenty certain to preordain her the winner.

    The idea that you or I did not see it coming is not a reason for a fix.  Calling this a fix is your attempt to remain infallible in your mind by transferring your failure to a phantom, likely unproveable conspiracy, and you did it here rather than a non-betting site because you know you are more likely to find a similar sentiment among other bettors. 

    Why would she have to create more interest to extend her career? She's already the biggest draw in the UFC, regardless of the talent of her opponent.  There would still be more fights to make if she had won.  

    Quote Originally Posted by DRIBBLE4LIFE:

     Before you ignorantly call me stoopid, think about this....a Rousey loss creates millions more buzz and hype for the mega-fight with Cyborg, which si coming right up.

    Suddenly, Rousey is vulnerable--she has lost. How many more PPV buys do you think will be had due to Rousey's loss tonight? Not to mention the rematch with Holm which is a given.

    So is this Ronda diving to extend her career, or is this the UFC instructing her to dive so they can profit?  This isn't a rogue small-time promoter.  It's a name brand that has it's reputation and thousands of future fights on the line, and it does not make sense to risk that for 200,000 extra buys every 6 months.

    If you're talking strictly about Ronda, her invincibility was way more valuable long-term - to advertisers, movie studios, and to Ronda herself - compared to her future fight purses.

    I can't even get into the logistics of throwing this fight, it's too asinine.

    Quote Originally Posted by DRIBBLE4LIFE:

     Alot of peopledon't understand that Rousey's success has actually hurt trhe UFC more than it has helped it. Just like Mayweather's fights hurt boxing, though they filled his pockets with cash. Floyd nut-huggers and fanboys will never admit it, but boxing will thrive much more once he is gone. Face it.

    This may be true about Floyd, Klitschko, and other boring but dominant fighters, however, there are a myriad of other reasons that have contributed much more to boxing's decline.  You can't point to one boxer's dominance and cry foul, that's myopic.  
    In addition, MMA is organizationally different and it could be argued that fighter dominance under one brand name garners more mainstream exposure and brings more fans to the sport.

    I just got done listening to the ProMMARadio podcast.  Larry Pepe is one of UFC's biggest critics, and he didn't mention 1 ounce of doubt to the validity of Holm's perfect performance, and I don't expect him to do so in the coming weeks.  A favorable outcome for future match-making does not equate to a fix. PPV buys for a Holm main event without Ronda will be a gnat on Dana's behind next to a main event with Ronda. 

    There was a lot of BS surrounding Ronda before the fight, maybe sharps didn't like her act at weigh-ins and it all compounded at the end.  Maybe sharps didn't like how much stronger Holm looked standing side-by-side.  Who knows? Why don't you try asking some sharps rather than throwing a pity party?

    The reason why you didn't see a fix before the fight is because there was nothing to see.  Sleep on it and accept the lose.
    Reply
    D4L, losing sucks, makes us do weird things, chase loses, beat the dog, yell FIX (just kidding, I would never chase loses).  I had money on Ronda and felt plenty certain to preordain her the winner.

    The idea that you or I did not see it coming is not a reason for a fix.  Calling this a fix is your attempt to remain infallible in your mind by transferring your failure to a phantom, likely unproveable conspiracy, and you did it here rather than a non-betting site because you know you are more likely to find a similar sentiment among other bettors. 

    Why would she have to create more interest to extend her career? She's already the biggest draw in the UFC, regardless of the talent of her opponent.  There would still be more fights to make if she had won.  

    Quote Originally Posted by DRIBBLE4LIFE:

     Before you ignorantly call me stoopid, think about this....a Rousey loss creates millions more buzz and hype for the mega-fight with Cyborg, which si coming right up.

    Suddenly, Rousey is vulnerable--she has lost. How many more PPV buys do you think will be had due to Rousey's loss tonight? Not to mention the rematch with Holm which is a given.

    So is this Ronda diving to extend her career, or is this the UFC instructing her to dive so they can profit?  This isn't a rogue small-time promoter.  It's a name brand that has it's reputation and thousands of future fights on the line, and it does not make sense to risk that for 200,000 extra buys every 6 months.

    If you're talking strictly about Ronda, her invincibility was way more valuable long-term - to advertisers, movie studios, and to Ronda herself - compared to her future fight purses.

    I can't even get into the logistics of throwing this fight, it's too asinine.

    Quote Originally Posted by DRIBBLE4LIFE:

     Alot of peopledon't understand that Rousey's success has actually hurt trhe UFC more than it has helped it. Just like Mayweather's fights hurt boxing, though they filled his pockets with cash. Floyd nut-huggers and fanboys will never admit it, but boxing will thrive much more once he is gone. Face it.

    This may be true about Floyd, Klitschko, and other boring but dominant fighters, however, there are a myriad of other reasons that have contributed much more to boxing's decline.  You can't point to one boxer's dominance and cry foul, that's myopic.  
    In addition, MMA is organizationally different and it could be argued that fighter dominance under one brand name garners more mainstream exposure and brings more fans to the sport.

    I just got done listening to the ProMMARadio podcast.  Larry Pepe is one of UFC's biggest critics, and he didn't mention 1 ounce of doubt to the validity of Holm's perfect performance, and I don't expect him to do so in the coming weeks.  A favorable outcome for future match-making does not equate to a fix. PPV buys for a Holm main event without Ronda will be a gnat on Dana's behind next to a main event with Ronda. 

    There was a lot of BS surrounding Ronda before the fight, maybe sharps didn't like her act at weigh-ins and it all compounded at the end.  Maybe sharps didn't like how much stronger Holm looked standing side-by-side.  Who knows? Why don't you try asking some sharps rather than throwing a pity party?

    The reason why you didn't see a fix before the fight is because there was nothing to see.  Sleep on it and accept the lose.
     
    Brightsizelife
    Brightsizelife
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 946
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2015 - 11:56 AM ET #33

    Sh!t happens.......move on
    Reply
    Sh!t happens.......move on
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2015 - 1:38 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by Brightsizelife:

    Sh!t happens.......move on



    I concur shyt happens!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightsizelife:

    Sh!t happens.......move on



    I concur shyt happens!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2015 - 1:43 PM ET #35

    So I think everybody took their shots and had their fun, time to move on!!!!!!!!!!! To close on last night's UFC I went 7-4(-1404.72) and 3-2(+1.05) in O/U. I would tell everyone to relax I'm sit up money for the year and for my UFC career. Just a little speed bump or was that a truck, lol. Next week Mexico and a whole bunch of new fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    So I think everybody took their shots and had their fun, time to move on!!!!!!!!!!! To close on last night's UFC I went 7-4(-1404.72) and 3-2(+1.05) in O/U. I would tell everyone to relax I'm sit up money for the year and for my UFC career. Just a little speed bump or was that a truck, lol. Next week Mexico and a whole bunch of new fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    Chewy5394
    Chewy5394
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2015
    Posts: 339
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2015 - 2:01 PM ET #36

    Just a little speed bump or was that a truck, lol.

    [/Quote]


    Feel your pain buddy! After polishing off my bottle of Tito's, today I feel like I was the one that caught the head kick!
    Reply
    Just a little speed bump or was that a truck, lol.

    [/Quote]


    Feel your pain buddy! After polishing off my bottle of Tito's, today I feel like I was the one that caught the head kick!
     
    wiiooiiw
    wiiooiiw
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 182
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 1:16 AM ET #37

    Lol, despite this loss Ferrari's posts are still where I go to find solid UFC picks.  Betting, figuratively, that he wins $2500+ on these heavy hitters before this happens again.  Rematch will be interesting to see.  Next time Rousey will have a game plan besides running into punches and tying to straight up bully like an older sibling.  Also, hopefully a better coach who doesn't tell her she did a great job after getting punished in rd1.  Curious about the odds we'll see.  
    Reply
    Lol, despite this loss Ferrari's posts are still where I go to find solid UFC picks.  Betting, figuratively, that he wins $2500+ on these heavy hitters before this happens again.  Rematch will be interesting to see.  Next time Rousey will have a game plan besides running into punches and tying to straight up bully like an older sibling.  Also, hopefully a better coach who doesn't tell her she did a great job after getting punished in rd1.  Curious about the odds we'll see.  
     
    Chewy5394
    Chewy5394
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2015
    Posts: 339
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 1:58 AM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by wiiooiiw:

    Lol, despite this loss Ferrari's posts are still where I go to find solid UFC picks.  Betting, figuratively, that he wins $2500+ on these heavy hitters before this happens again.  Rematch will be interesting to see.  Next time Rousey will have a game plan besides running into punches and tying to straight up bully like an older sibling.  Also, hopefully a better coach who doesn't tell her she did a great job after getting punished in rd1.  Curious about the odds we'll see.  

    I agree Wii! I dont think one bet can define anyone, you have to look at the body of work. Buster Douglas comes strolling through every once and a while nothing you can do about that! He did say earlier in the week too that Rousey had a better chance of being upset than JoJo.

    By the way Rousey is -165 on 5 Dimes right now for the rematch.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiooiiw:

    Lol, despite this loss Ferrari's posts are still where I go to find solid UFC picks.  Betting, figuratively, that he wins $2500+ on these heavy hitters before this happens again.  Rematch will be interesting to see.  Next time Rousey will have a game plan besides running into punches and tying to straight up bully like an older sibling.  Also, hopefully a better coach who doesn't tell her she did a great job after getting punished in rd1.  Curious about the odds we'll see.  

    I agree Wii! I dont think one bet can define anyone, you have to look at the body of work. Buster Douglas comes strolling through every once and a while nothing you can do about that! He did say earlier in the week too that Rousey had a better chance of being upset than JoJo.

    By the way Rousey is -165 on 5 Dimes right now for the rematch.


     
    Chewy5394
    Chewy5394
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2015
    Posts: 339
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 2:00 AM ET #39

    Make that -150
    Reply
    Make that -150
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 2:35 AM ET #40

    Thanks guys!!!! You know I made a lot of money off Ronda and I guess it was time to give it back. The mistake I made was betting both big Favs early instead of just of playing Joanna big and Ronda inside her or vice versa depending on the line movement. But I went for it, my mistake and I'll learn from it.
    Reply
    Thanks guys!!!! You know I made a lot of money off Ronda and I guess it was time to give it back. The mistake I made was betting both big Favs early instead of just of playing Joanna big and Ronda inside her or vice versa depending on the line movement. But I went for it, my mistake and I'll learn from it.
     
    Steven19083
    Steven19083
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 1281
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 4:46 AM ET #41

    If there's a silver lining to this, supposedly some books lost big money on the fight. I know 1 tout claims he bet $20,000 on Holm.  Hopefully in the future they don't make the odds so retarded. Though if I know books, they'll make the vig even more retarded instead of offering better odds. Wouldn't be susprised to see -2000/+500 vig, lol.
    Reply
    If there's a silver lining to this, supposedly some books lost big money on the fight. I know 1 tout claims he bet $20,000 on Holm.  Hopefully in the future they don't make the odds so retarded. Though if I know books, they'll make the vig even more retarded instead of offering better odds. Wouldn't be susprised to see -2000/+500 vig, lol.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 7:51 AM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven19083:

    If there's a silver lining to this, supposedly some books lost big money on the fight. I know 1 tout claims he bet $20,000 on Holm.  Hopefully in the future they don't make the odds so retarded. Though if I know books, they'll make the vig even more retarded instead of offering better odds. Wouldn't be susprised to see -2000/+500 vig, lol.


    It's a two year cycle Steven. Two years ago it was Dillashaw, about two years before that it was Edgar, two years before that it was Serra. Holm deserved it and Rousey really deserved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven19083:

    If there's a silver lining to this, supposedly some books lost big money on the fight. I know 1 tout claims he bet $20,000 on Holm.  Hopefully in the future they don't make the odds so retarded. Though if I know books, they'll make the vig even more retarded instead of offering better odds. Wouldn't be susprised to see -2000/+500 vig, lol.


    It's a two year cycle Steven. Two years ago it was Dillashaw, about two years before that it was Edgar, two years before that it was Serra. Holm deserved it and Rousey really deserved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    forty9ersfan80
    forty9ersfan80
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 1650
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 9:48 AM ET #43

    tough one. You can get it back if you take aldo at +155 im telling you hes gonna win!!!! I also like gastelum for next weeks card
    Reply
    tough one. You can get it back if you take aldo at +155 im telling you hes gonna win!!!! I also like gastelum for next weeks card
     
    forty9ersfan80
    forty9ersfan80
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 1650
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 9:50 AM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by J-MoneyMaker:

    lol jeez man, is this how it is around here when someone loses their hard-earned money? I can understand people giving you some grief for risking that much on Rousey, but in the end, aren't we all here to try to make money? I lost heavily due to adding Rousey in my plays as well, but I didn't really see anybody on here or anywhere else saying that Holm had a chance. Rousey had been about as sure of a thing as you can find in terms of betting these past few years. Not sure why everyone comes out of the woodwork after a big loss like this. I can see why I had always lurked here instead of posting plays lol. Sorry for the loss tonight Ferrari. You seem like a good dude from what I've seen on here in the past. I'm in the same boat with you tonight. Good luck in the next event


    Theres no such thing as a ""sure thing" especially in a fight where one punch can end it all.  They make rousey unbetable with these massive lines they figure every is gonna keep taking it until like this time she loses. Tough loss though obviously not many people saw this one coming.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by J-MoneyMaker:

    lol jeez man, is this how it is around here when someone loses their hard-earned money? I can understand people giving you some grief for risking that much on Rousey, but in the end, aren't we all here to try to make money? I lost heavily due to adding Rousey in my plays as well, but I didn't really see anybody on here or anywhere else saying that Holm had a chance. Rousey had been about as sure of a thing as you can find in terms of betting these past few years. Not sure why everyone comes out of the woodwork after a big loss like this. I can see why I had always lurked here instead of posting plays lol. Sorry for the loss tonight Ferrari. You seem like a good dude from what I've seen on here in the past. I'm in the same boat with you tonight. Good luck in the next event


    Theres no such thing as a ""sure thing" especially in a fight where one punch can end it all.  They make rousey unbetable with these massive lines they figure every is gonna keep taking it until like this time she loses. Tough loss though obviously not many people saw this one coming.
     
    Steven19083
    Steven19083
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 1281
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 10:23 AM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:



    It's a two year cycle Steven. Two years ago it was Dillashaw, about two years before that it was Edgar, two years before that it was Serra. Holm deserved it and Rousey really deserved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Agreed ... Holy really deserves it and is clearly the better fighter. That's not even mentioning how rude Rousey had been getting.  Interesting stat from William Hill US (one of Nevada's biggest sportsbook operators) is that 90% of the tickets on the fight were betting on Holly. Hope they got crushed for offering such skewed odds.

    Source: https://twitter.com/SportsInsights/status/665543087536648194

    ps- don't feel bad about your loss, bro. Someone lost over $70K: https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/666264303067119616
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:



    It's a two year cycle Steven. Two years ago it was Dillashaw, about two years before that it was Edgar, two years before that it was Serra. Holm deserved it and Rousey really deserved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Agreed ... Holy really deserves it and is clearly the better fighter. That's not even mentioning how rude Rousey had been getting.  Interesting stat from William Hill US (one of Nevada's biggest sportsbook operators) is that 90% of the tickets on the fight were betting on Holly. Hope they got crushed for offering such skewed odds.

    Source: https://twitter.com/SportsInsights/status/665543087536648194

    ps- don't feel bad about your loss, bro. Someone lost over $70K: https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/666264303067119616
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 2:50 PM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by forty9ersfan80:

    tough one. You can get it back if you take aldo at +155 im telling you hes gonna win!!!! I also like gastelum for next weeks card


    I am 0 for my career in any Magny fight, so I'll be passing on that fight, lol. Plus Gastelum's biggest fight is the scale!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by forty9ersfan80:

    tough one. You can get it back if you take aldo at +155 im telling you hes gonna win!!!! I also like gastelum for next weeks card


    I am 0 for my career in any Magny fight, so I'll be passing on that fight, lol. Plus Gastelum's biggest fight is the scale!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 2:53 PM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven19083:



    Agreed ... Holy really deserves it and is clearly the better fighter. That's not even mentioning how rude Rousey had been getting.  Interesting stat from William Hill US (one of Nevada's biggest sportsbook operators) is that 90% of the tickets on the fight were betting on Holly. Hope they got crushed for offering such skewed odds.

    Source: https://twitter.com/SportsInsights/status/665543087536648194

    ps- don't feel bad about your loss, bro. Someone lost over $70K: https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/666264303067119616


    I'm already over it Steven, can't cry over spilled milk!!!!!!!!!! In fact I'm reading up on the Mexico card as I type.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven19083:



    Agreed ... Holy really deserves it and is clearly the better fighter. That's not even mentioning how rude Rousey had been getting.  Interesting stat from William Hill US (one of Nevada's biggest sportsbook operators) is that 90% of the tickets on the fight were betting on Holly. Hope they got crushed for offering such skewed odds.

    Source: https://twitter.com/SportsInsights/status/665543087536648194

    ps- don't feel bad about your loss, bro. Someone lost over $70K: https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/666264303067119616


    I'm already over it Steven, can't cry over spilled milk!!!!!!!!!! In fact I'm reading up on the Mexico card as I type.
     
    Steven19083
    Steven19083
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 1281
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 3:42 PM ET #48

    Reply
     
    davidreed00009
    davidreed00009
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 15
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2015 - 9:43 AM ET #49

    Rousey is now getting more famous by you guys.
    Reply
    Rousey is now getting more famous by you guys.
     
     
    ParlayJoe17
    ParlayJoe17
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 272
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2015 - 1:10 AM ET #50

    great attitude Ferrari.  Yoiu are a solid handicapper of mma.  Funny how these trolls come out - pointless.  I guess they're just sore they can't win over the long term like you are doing.  Good luck this week and the coming months...some exciting matchups coming up!
    Reply
    great attitude Ferrari.  Yoiu are a solid handicapper of mma.  Funny how these trolls come out - pointless.  I guess they're just sore they can't win over the long term like you are doing.  Good luck this week and the coming months...some exciting matchups coming up!
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,264
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,438
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,613
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,190
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 113
    • Trump's legacy? 32,958
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,112
    • Trump lies so much. 22,895

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.