• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC 188 Write-up / Predicitions

    «First Previous 123
    JUSTUS
    whitebelt
    JimGunn
    StackMyLoot
    warcameagle56
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3802
    Posts: 62
    «First Previous 123
     
    JUSTUS
    JUSTUS
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 246
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 1:31 AM ET #51

    Thanks post #16 for your information. stay hot WHITEBELT!!!!

    Reply

    Thanks post #16 for your information. stay hot WHITEBELT!!!!

     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 1:32 AM ET #52

    Cheers
    Reply
    Cheers
     
    JimGunn
    JimGunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 1:37 AM ET #53

    I had Cain in a couple of parlays but I am so glad I bet the ITD, the under 2½ in a different parlay and Werdum by sub as well as fight ends in round 3 live. Werdum was very impressive.
    Reply
    I had Cain in a couple of parlays but I am so glad I bet the ITD, the under 2½ in a different parlay and Werdum by sub as well as fight ends in round 3 live. Werdum was very impressive.
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 1:56 AM ET #54

    I made peanuts on the early fights but that parlay was the best I hit in months. Glad it was on my favorite fighter to close it out.
    Reply
    I made peanuts on the early fights but that parlay was the best I hit in months. Glad it was on my favorite fighter to close it out.
     
    StackMyLoot
    StackMyLoot
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2014
    Posts: 3152
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 2:17 AM ET #55

    Werdum


    Reply
    Werdum


     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 2:18 AM ET #56

    I'm just bummed I blew all my FN 68 winnings on stupid NBA finals going the wrong way on every game, LOL. I would have loaded up even heavier on this parlay and probably Werdum ITD

    US$ 20.00 to win US$ 692.50

    Gabriel "Moggly" Benitez +200
    Patrick "The Animal" Williams +150
    Fabricio "Vai Cavalo" Werdum +375
    Reply
    I'm just bummed I blew all my FN 68 winnings on stupid NBA finals going the wrong way on every game, LOL. I would have loaded up even heavier on this parlay and probably Werdum ITD

    US$ 20.00 to win US$ 692.50

    Gabriel "Moggly" Benitez +200
    Patrick "The Animal" Williams +150
    Fabricio "Vai Cavalo" Werdum +375
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 9:32 AM ET #57

    Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:

    Cain Velasquez v. Fabricio Werdum


    It’s finally here. I’m so excited for this fight I can hardly contain myself, as the MMA community has been waiting how long?  A year and a half. That’s how long it’s been since Cain last entered the octagon. Put this in persepective: Andrei Arlovsky has gone 4-0 in that same time. But we wait no more, King Cain is finally going to defend the title that he could have easily been stripped of.


    Cain Velasquez is 13-1 with 12 of those fights being in the UFC. His lone loss is to Junior Dos Santos, who he went on to beat 2 times after. Sandwiched between those 3 JDS fights are 2 TKO wins over Bigfoot Silva. That’s right, his last 5 fights spamming 2011 to 2013 only included 2 opponents. He finished 11 of his 13 wins by KO or TKO. An absolute freak, who will certainly be a hall of famer no matter what happens from here.


    Fabrico Werdum. One of my favorite guys. The best Jiu Jitsu master in the game today, though a casual fan may not know it given only 1 of his current 5 win streak came by submission. That’s because his striking is top level as well.


    Alot of people are saying that Cain will make quick work of Werdum and will knock him out in under 2.5. Well Cain has certainly earned that reputation, but I don’t think Werdum is the guy you can make that kind of claim against. His 5 win streak includes other dangerous strikers like Roy Nelson, Travis Browne, and most recently Mark Hunt who he TKO’d. This guy’s chin should not be in question, even in his toughest test of his career. Oh and that Travis Browne fight went to a FIVE ROUND decision. His cardio isn’t that of Cain’s, but this guy has survived dangerous strikers even in championship rounds 4 & 5.


    I’m a Jiu Jitsu guy. If you read my write ups, you know that. So it shouldn’t surprise you that I’m on Fabricio Werdum. His striking is very good and his Jiu Jitsu is world class. Cain’s striking is world class, but he has no Jiu Jitsu background. That’s where the scales are tipped.


    Cain normally lands strikes in heavy volume, and can easily take down opponents where he can pour on the ground & pound. I honestly would be surprised if he tried to take Fabricio down early, since he knows his opponent and doesn’t want to play to Werdum’s strengths. But at some point, instinct will take over and it will be Cain’s undoing.


    I think Fabricio is good enough on the feet to keep the striking game close, and one of these guys will go to the ground eventually and Fabricio will go to work. The fight could end up on the ground due to a knockdown strike, or by takedown. It will happen though.


    Whoever wins, it will be inside the distance in this 5 round main event.


    My Prediction: Fabricio Werdum (inside the distance)


    ....Just saw  this post,but good pick.Werdum put it to Cain...Valesquez fans are using altitude or g
    Cage rust as an excuse,but it looked like Fabrico just pounded Cain from what I saw.I thought folks were talking too much about that 2008 loss to JDS.I mean that was 7 yes ago and he just got caught.It sure would've been nice to have +400..Good Write up bro.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:

    Cain Velasquez v. Fabricio Werdum


    It’s finally here. I’m so excited for this fight I can hardly contain myself, as the MMA community has been waiting how long?  A year and a half. That’s how long it’s been since Cain last entered the octagon. Put this in persepective: Andrei Arlovsky has gone 4-0 in that same time. But we wait no more, King Cain is finally going to defend the title that he could have easily been stripped of.


    Cain Velasquez is 13-1 with 12 of those fights being in the UFC. His lone loss is to Junior Dos Santos, who he went on to beat 2 times after. Sandwiched between those 3 JDS fights are 2 TKO wins over Bigfoot Silva. That’s right, his last 5 fights spamming 2011 to 2013 only included 2 opponents. He finished 11 of his 13 wins by KO or TKO. An absolute freak, who will certainly be a hall of famer no matter what happens from here.


    Fabrico Werdum. One of my favorite guys. The best Jiu Jitsu master in the game today, though a casual fan may not know it given only 1 of his current 5 win streak came by submission. That’s because his striking is top level as well.


    Alot of people are saying that Cain will make quick work of Werdum and will knock him out in under 2.5. Well Cain has certainly earned that reputation, but I don’t think Werdum is the guy you can make that kind of claim against. His 5 win streak includes other dangerous strikers like Roy Nelson, Travis Browne, and most recently Mark Hunt who he TKO’d. This guy’s chin should not be in question, even in his toughest test of his career. Oh and that Travis Browne fight went to a FIVE ROUND decision. His cardio isn’t that of Cain’s, but this guy has survived dangerous strikers even in championship rounds 4 & 5.


    I’m a Jiu Jitsu guy. If you read my write ups, you know that. So it shouldn’t surprise you that I’m on Fabricio Werdum. His striking is very good and his Jiu Jitsu is world class. Cain’s striking is world class, but he has no Jiu Jitsu background. That’s where the scales are tipped.


    Cain normally lands strikes in heavy volume, and can easily take down opponents where he can pour on the ground & pound. I honestly would be surprised if he tried to take Fabricio down early, since he knows his opponent and doesn’t want to play to Werdum’s strengths. But at some point, instinct will take over and it will be Cain’s undoing.


    I think Fabricio is good enough on the feet to keep the striking game close, and one of these guys will go to the ground eventually and Fabricio will go to work. The fight could end up on the ground due to a knockdown strike, or by takedown. It will happen though.


    Whoever wins, it will be inside the distance in this 5 round main event.


    My Prediction: Fabricio Werdum (inside the distance)


    ....Just saw  this post,but good pick.Werdum put it to Cain...Valesquez fans are using altitude or g
    Cage rust as an excuse,but it looked like Fabrico just pounded Cain from what I saw.I thought folks were talking too much about that 2008 loss to JDS.I mean that was 7 yes ago and he just got caught.It sure would've been nice to have +400..Good Write up bro.
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 9:33 AM ET #58

    Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:

    Cain Velasquez v. Fabricio Werdum


    It’s finally here. I’m so excited for this fight I can hardly contain myself, as the MMA community has been waiting how long?  A year and a half. That’s how long it’s been since Cain last entered the octagon. Put this in persepective: Andrei Arlovsky has gone 4-0 in that same time. But we wait no more, King Cain is finally going to defend the title that he could have easily been stripped of.


    Cain Velasquez is 13-1 with 12 of those fights being in the UFC. His lone loss is to Junior Dos Santos, who he went on to beat 2 times after. Sandwiched between those 3 JDS fights are 2 TKO wins over Bigfoot Silva. That’s right, his last 5 fights spamming 2011 to 2013 only included 2 opponents. He finished 11 of his 13 wins by KO or TKO. An absolute freak, who will certainly be a hall of famer no matter what happens from here.


    Fabrico Werdum. One of my favorite guys. The best Jiu Jitsu master in the game today, though a casual fan may not know it given only 1 of his current 5 win streak came by submission. That’s because his striking is top level as well.


    Alot of people are saying that Cain will make quick work of Werdum and will knock him out in under 2.5. Well Cain has certainly earned that reputation, but I don’t think Werdum is the guy you can make that kind of claim against. His 5 win streak includes other dangerous strikers like Roy Nelson, Travis Browne, and most recently Mark Hunt who he TKO’d. This guy’s chin should not be in question, even in his toughest test of his career. Oh and that Travis Browne fight went to a FIVE ROUND decision. His cardio isn’t that of Cain’s, but this guy has survived dangerous strikers even in championship rounds 4 & 5.


    I’m a Jiu Jitsu guy. If you read my write ups, you know that. So it shouldn’t surprise you that I’m on Fabricio Werdum. His striking is very good and his Jiu Jitsu is world class. Cain’s striking is world class, but he has no Jiu Jitsu background. That’s where the scales are tipped.


    Cain normally lands strikes in heavy volume, and can easily take down opponents where he can pour on the ground & pound. I honestly would be surprised if he tried to take Fabricio down early, since he knows his opponent and doesn’t want to play to Werdum’s strengths. But at some point, instinct will take over and it will be Cain’s undoing.


    I think Fabricio is good enough on the feet to keep the striking game close, and one of these guys will go to the ground eventually and Fabricio will go to work. The fight could end up on the ground due to a knockdown strike, or by takedown. It will happen though.


    Whoever wins, it will be inside the distance in this 5 round main event.


    My Prediction: Fabricio Werdum (inside the distance)


    ....Just saw  this post,but good pick.Werdum put it to Cain...Valesquez fans are using altitude or g
    Cage rust as an excuse,but it looked like Fabrico just pounded Cain from what I saw.I thought folks were talking too much about that 2008 loss to JDS.I mean that was 7 yes ago and he just got caught.It sure would've been nice to have +400..Good Write up bro.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:

    Cain Velasquez v. Fabricio Werdum


    It’s finally here. I’m so excited for this fight I can hardly contain myself, as the MMA community has been waiting how long?  A year and a half. That’s how long it’s been since Cain last entered the octagon. Put this in persepective: Andrei Arlovsky has gone 4-0 in that same time. But we wait no more, King Cain is finally going to defend the title that he could have easily been stripped of.


    Cain Velasquez is 13-1 with 12 of those fights being in the UFC. His lone loss is to Junior Dos Santos, who he went on to beat 2 times after. Sandwiched between those 3 JDS fights are 2 TKO wins over Bigfoot Silva. That’s right, his last 5 fights spamming 2011 to 2013 only included 2 opponents. He finished 11 of his 13 wins by KO or TKO. An absolute freak, who will certainly be a hall of famer no matter what happens from here.


    Fabrico Werdum. One of my favorite guys. The best Jiu Jitsu master in the game today, though a casual fan may not know it given only 1 of his current 5 win streak came by submission. That’s because his striking is top level as well.


    Alot of people are saying that Cain will make quick work of Werdum and will knock him out in under 2.5. Well Cain has certainly earned that reputation, but I don’t think Werdum is the guy you can make that kind of claim against. His 5 win streak includes other dangerous strikers like Roy Nelson, Travis Browne, and most recently Mark Hunt who he TKO’d. This guy’s chin should not be in question, even in his toughest test of his career. Oh and that Travis Browne fight went to a FIVE ROUND decision. His cardio isn’t that of Cain’s, but this guy has survived dangerous strikers even in championship rounds 4 & 5.


    I’m a Jiu Jitsu guy. If you read my write ups, you know that. So it shouldn’t surprise you that I’m on Fabricio Werdum. His striking is very good and his Jiu Jitsu is world class. Cain’s striking is world class, but he has no Jiu Jitsu background. That’s where the scales are tipped.


    Cain normally lands strikes in heavy volume, and can easily take down opponents where he can pour on the ground & pound. I honestly would be surprised if he tried to take Fabricio down early, since he knows his opponent and doesn’t want to play to Werdum’s strengths. But at some point, instinct will take over and it will be Cain’s undoing.


    I think Fabricio is good enough on the feet to keep the striking game close, and one of these guys will go to the ground eventually and Fabricio will go to work. The fight could end up on the ground due to a knockdown strike, or by takedown. It will happen though.


    Whoever wins, it will be inside the distance in this 5 round main event.


    My Prediction: Fabricio Werdum (inside the distance)


    ....Just saw  this post,but good pick.Werdum put it to Cain...Valesquez fans are using altitude or g
    Cage rust as an excuse,but it looked like Fabrico just pounded Cain from what I saw.I thought folks were talking too much about that 2008 loss to JDS.I mean that was 7 yes ago and he just got caught.It sure would've been nice to have +400..Good Write up bro.
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 9:33 AM ET #59

    Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:

    Cain Velasquez v. Fabricio Werdum


    It’s finally here. I’m so excited for this fight I can hardly contain myself, as the MMA community has been waiting how long?  A year and a half. That’s how long it’s been since Cain last entered the octagon. Put this in persepective: Andrei Arlovsky has gone 4-0 in that same time. But we wait no more, King Cain is finally going to defend the title that he could have easily been stripped of.


    Cain Velasquez is 13-1 with 12 of those fights being in the UFC. His lone loss is to Junior Dos Santos, who he went on to beat 2 times after. Sandwiched between those 3 JDS fights are 2 TKO wins over Bigfoot Silva. That’s right, his last 5 fights spamming 2011 to 2013 only included 2 opponents. He finished 11 of his 13 wins by KO or TKO. An absolute freak, who will certainly be a hall of famer no matter what happens from here.


    Fabrico Werdum. One of my favorite guys. The best Jiu Jitsu master in the game today, though a casual fan may not know it given only 1 of his current 5 win streak came by submission. That’s because his striking is top level as well.


    Alot of people are saying that Cain will make quick work of Werdum and will knock him out in under 2.5. Well Cain has certainly earned that reputation, but I don’t think Werdum is the guy you can make that kind of claim against. His 5 win streak includes other dangerous strikers like Roy Nelson, Travis Browne, and most recently Mark Hunt who he TKO’d. This guy’s chin should not be in question, even in his toughest test of his career. Oh and that Travis Browne fight went to a FIVE ROUND decision. His cardio isn’t that of Cain’s, but this guy has survived dangerous strikers even in championship rounds 4 & 5.


    I’m a Jiu Jitsu guy. If you read my write ups, you know that. So it shouldn’t surprise you that I’m on Fabricio Werdum. His striking is very good and his Jiu Jitsu is world class. Cain’s striking is world class, but he has no Jiu Jitsu background. That’s where the scales are tipped.


    Cain normally lands strikes in heavy volume, and can easily take down opponents where he can pour on the ground & pound. I honestly would be surprised if he tried to take Fabricio down early, since he knows his opponent and doesn’t want to play to Werdum’s strengths. But at some point, instinct will take over and it will be Cain’s undoing.


    I think Fabricio is good enough on the feet to keep the striking game close, and one of these guys will go to the ground eventually and Fabricio will go to work. The fight could end up on the ground due to a knockdown strike, or by takedown. It will happen though.


    Whoever wins, it will be inside the distance in this 5 round main event.


    My Prediction: Fabricio Werdum (inside the distance)


    ....Just saw  this post,but good pick.Werdum put it to Cain...Valesquez fans are using altitude or g
    Cage rust as an excuse,but it looked like Fabrico just pounded Cain from what I saw.I thought folks were talking too much about that 2008 loss to JDS.I mean that was 7 yes ago and he just got caught.It sure would've been nice to have +400..Good Write up bro.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:

    Cain Velasquez v. Fabricio Werdum


    It’s finally here. I’m so excited for this fight I can hardly contain myself, as the MMA community has been waiting how long?  A year and a half. That’s how long it’s been since Cain last entered the octagon. Put this in persepective: Andrei Arlovsky has gone 4-0 in that same time. But we wait no more, King Cain is finally going to defend the title that he could have easily been stripped of.


    Cain Velasquez is 13-1 with 12 of those fights being in the UFC. His lone loss is to Junior Dos Santos, who he went on to beat 2 times after. Sandwiched between those 3 JDS fights are 2 TKO wins over Bigfoot Silva. That’s right, his last 5 fights spamming 2011 to 2013 only included 2 opponents. He finished 11 of his 13 wins by KO or TKO. An absolute freak, who will certainly be a hall of famer no matter what happens from here.


    Fabrico Werdum. One of my favorite guys. The best Jiu Jitsu master in the game today, though a casual fan may not know it given only 1 of his current 5 win streak came by submission. That’s because his striking is top level as well.


    Alot of people are saying that Cain will make quick work of Werdum and will knock him out in under 2.5. Well Cain has certainly earned that reputation, but I don’t think Werdum is the guy you can make that kind of claim against. His 5 win streak includes other dangerous strikers like Roy Nelson, Travis Browne, and most recently Mark Hunt who he TKO’d. This guy’s chin should not be in question, even in his toughest test of his career. Oh and that Travis Browne fight went to a FIVE ROUND decision. His cardio isn’t that of Cain’s, but this guy has survived dangerous strikers even in championship rounds 4 & 5.


    I’m a Jiu Jitsu guy. If you read my write ups, you know that. So it shouldn’t surprise you that I’m on Fabricio Werdum. His striking is very good and his Jiu Jitsu is world class. Cain’s striking is world class, but he has no Jiu Jitsu background. That’s where the scales are tipped.


    Cain normally lands strikes in heavy volume, and can easily take down opponents where he can pour on the ground & pound. I honestly would be surprised if he tried to take Fabricio down early, since he knows his opponent and doesn’t want to play to Werdum’s strengths. But at some point, instinct will take over and it will be Cain’s undoing.


    I think Fabricio is good enough on the feet to keep the striking game close, and one of these guys will go to the ground eventually and Fabricio will go to work. The fight could end up on the ground due to a knockdown strike, or by takedown. It will happen though.


    Whoever wins, it will be inside the distance in this 5 round main event.


    My Prediction: Fabricio Werdum (inside the distance)


    ....Just saw  this post,but good pick.Werdum put it to Cain...Valesquez fans are using altitude or g
    Cage rust as an excuse,but it looked like Fabrico just pounded Cain from what I saw.I thought folks were talking too much about that 2008 loss to JDS.I mean that was 7 yes ago and he just got caught.It sure would've been nice to have +400..Good Write up bro.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 2:19 PM ET #60

    Nice night Whitebelt!!!!!!!!!!!! hey how you like that Williams a Wrestler choking Perez out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Nice night Whitebelt!!!!!!!!!!!! hey how you like that Williams a Wrestler choking Perez out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 3:14 PM ET #61

    Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:

    Benitez did exactly what I thought, except finish. Shame on you Ferrari for making me doubt myself, LOL! Collard looked pathetic! He showed some heart but his skills turned to dogsh*t early. I was laughing through the second half at how desparate he was for a takedown. I'd be perfectly happy to never watch Collard "fight" again LOL.


    Dude this is actually a great post, lol. I was sitting at the bar waiting for the pre-lims and I went to look at fight pass results and I jumped on here instead. I was like ewwwwwwww Collard taking a bath, LMAO glad i didn't bet him!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:

    Benitez did exactly what I thought, except finish. Shame on you Ferrari for making me doubt myself, LOL! Collard looked pathetic! He showed some heart but his skills turned to dogsh*t early. I was laughing through the second half at how desparate he was for a takedown. I'd be perfectly happy to never watch Collard "fight" again LOL.


    Dude this is actually a great post, lol. I was sitting at the bar waiting for the pre-lims and I went to look at fight pass results and I jumped on here instead. I was like ewwwwwwww Collard taking a bath, LMAO glad i didn't bet him!!!!!!!!!
     
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 3:19 PM ET #62

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Nice night Whitebelt!!!!!!!!!!!! hey how you like that Williams a Wrestler choking Perez out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I don't mind wrestling when mixed with real fighting! That choke came off a nasty strike, which is exactly what I expected him to do! Of course I didn't take him ITD though.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Nice night Whitebelt!!!!!!!!!!!! hey how you like that Williams a Wrestler choking Perez out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I don't mind wrestling when mixed with real fighting! That choke came off a nasty strike, which is exactly what I expected him to do! Of course I didn't take him ITD though.
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    «First Previous 123

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,272
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,446
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,620
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,190
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 116
    • Trump's legacy? 32,958
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,117
    • Trump lies so much. 22,898

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.