• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC 185 Huge 7.45 VALUEville Parlay!!!

    «First Previous 123
    MR219
    GigaOuts
    Ferrari29
    sharpstick
    Qncyk1
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3796
    Posts: 67
    «First Previous 123
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 1:14 PM ET #51

    Sorry Giga, but your ancient post regarding being limited by a sportsbook was bash worthy. Although your intent may have been to warn people not to use them, the way you positioned it made you come across as being arrogant. 
    Reply
    Sorry Giga, but your ancient post regarding being limited by a sportsbook was bash worthy. Although your intent may have been to warn people not to use them, the way you positioned it made you come across as being arrogant. 
     
    GigaOuts
    GigaOuts
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 286
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 1:33 PM ET #52

    Quote Originally Posted by Qncyk1:


    ive heard of people getting limited, essentially banned with the limits they are left with, at sportsbookreview.com forum

    i really dont know why they would lie about it
    If you bet any significant amount, you will get limit if only betting their best line out there. I have no idea why poster respond to sharpsh!t, that guy is right he will never get limit. Air bettor don't get limited, how do you limit someone who bet $0.50 like sharpsh!t...lol. That guy responds with emoticon & 1 liner, wonder if he actual read post before responding. 

    I don't post pick because I don't believe that's the right way to make money. Many time I bet on both side kinda like hedging. You have to cap the fight/fighter base what your preview value of that fighter. Let say everyone post their picks is Jon Jone, will I likely bet his opponent if is +1100. Jones might get disqualify, he might get injury like in the Chael Sonnen fight. So if you try to make money follow poster pick, you will likely not succeed. But I am glad there are player like sharpsh!t & sadman, it surely will benefit me if there is more player like them.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Qncyk1:


    ive heard of people getting limited, essentially banned with the limits they are left with, at sportsbookreview.com forum

    i really dont know why they would lie about it
    If you bet any significant amount, you will get limit if only betting their best line out there. I have no idea why poster respond to sharpsh!t, that guy is right he will never get limit. Air bettor don't get limited, how do you limit someone who bet $0.50 like sharpsh!t...lol. That guy responds with emoticon & 1 liner, wonder if he actual read post before responding. 

    I don't post pick because I don't believe that's the right way to make money. Many time I bet on both side kinda like hedging. You have to cap the fight/fighter base what your preview value of that fighter. Let say everyone post their picks is Jon Jone, will I likely bet his opponent if is +1100. Jones might get disqualify, he might get injury like in the Chael Sonnen fight. So if you try to make money follow poster pick, you will likely not succeed. But I am glad there are player like sharpsh!t & sadman, it surely will benefit me if there is more player like them.
     
    GigaOuts
    GigaOuts
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 286
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 1:48 PM ET #53

    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:

    Sorry Giga, but your ancient post regarding being limited by a sportsbook was bash worthy. Although your intent may have been to warn people not to use them, the way you positioned it made you come across as being arrogant. 
    I was very new when I got ban & limit, so it freak me out since I am doing so well maybe it is beginner luck. That post is for me, not to warn other. My post is hoping a veteran will guide me to other site where they don't limit or ban you, maybe have higher tolerance from winning. I am glad I found pinnacle & matchbook. Matchbook is awesome but it is short live. My post is to ask for help, not to brag but it likely sound like I am bragging. In hindsight, it is good that a book limit or ban player, it show responsibility of the book to have money to pay players balance. New books out there who don't limit player have very high risk of closing out shop, so Ladbrokes & unibet is ok in my book although I can't bet there. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:

    Sorry Giga, but your ancient post regarding being limited by a sportsbook was bash worthy. Although your intent may have been to warn people not to use them, the way you positioned it made you come across as being arrogant. 
    I was very new when I got ban & limit, so it freak me out since I am doing so well maybe it is beginner luck. That post is for me, not to warn other. My post is hoping a veteran will guide me to other site where they don't limit or ban you, maybe have higher tolerance from winning. I am glad I found pinnacle & matchbook. Matchbook is awesome but it is short live. My post is to ask for help, not to brag but it likely sound like I am bragging. In hindsight, it is good that a book limit or ban player, it show responsibility of the book to have money to pay players balance. New books out there who don't limit player have very high risk of closing out shop, so Ladbrokes & unibet is ok in my book although I can't bet there. 
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:48 PM ET #54

    Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts:

    I was very new when I got ban & limit, so it freak me out since I am doing so well maybe it is beginner luck. That post is for me, not to warn other. My post is hoping a veteran will guide me to other site where they don't limit or ban you, maybe have higher tolerance from winning. I am glad I found pinnacle & matchbook. Matchbook is awesome but it is short live. My post is to ask for help, not to brag but it likely sound like I am bragging. In hindsight, it is good that a book limit or ban player, it show responsibility of the book to have money to pay players balance. New books out there who don't limit player have very high risk of closing out shop, so Ladbrokes & unibet is ok in my book although I can't bet there. 

    Thank you for clarifying the intent of that post. 

    I think if more people understood where you were coming from when you initially posted it, you would've gotten a more positive response and not been bashed by anyone.

    I understand completely. Bet365 is the same way when they post MMA lines for non-UFC cards. They really limit the amount I can bet on those cards, but that is why I also have a pinnacle sports account as well to get around that so I can bet what I want. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts:

    I was very new when I got ban & limit, so it freak me out since I am doing so well maybe it is beginner luck. That post is for me, not to warn other. My post is hoping a veteran will guide me to other site where they don't limit or ban you, maybe have higher tolerance from winning. I am glad I found pinnacle & matchbook. Matchbook is awesome but it is short live. My post is to ask for help, not to brag but it likely sound like I am bragging. In hindsight, it is good that a book limit or ban player, it show responsibility of the book to have money to pay players balance. New books out there who don't limit player have very high risk of closing out shop, so Ladbrokes & unibet is ok in my book although I can't bet there. 

    Thank you for clarifying the intent of that post. 

    I think if more people understood where you were coming from when you initially posted it, you would've gotten a more positive response and not been bashed by anyone.

    I understand completely. Bet365 is the same way when they post MMA lines for non-UFC cards. They really limit the amount I can bet on those cards, but that is why I also have a pinnacle sports account as well to get around that so I can bet what I want. 
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:04 PM ET #55

    Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts:

    If you bet any significant amount, you will get limit if only betting their best line out there. I have no idea why poster respond to sharpsh!t, that guy is right he will never get limit. Air bettor don't get limited, how do you limit someone who bet $0.50 like sharpsh!t...lol. That guy responds with emoticon & 1 liner, wonder if he actual read post before responding. 

    I don't post pick because I don't believe that's the right way to make money. Many time I bet on both side kinda like hedging. You have to cap the fight/fighter base what your preview value of that fighter. Let say everyone post their picks is Jon Jone, will I likely bet his opponent if is +1100. Jones might get disqualify, he might get injury like in the Chael Sonnen fight. So if you try to make money follow poster pick, you will likely not succeed. But I am glad there are player like sharpsh!t & sadman, it surely will benefit me if there is more player like them.

    Giga, I must say that I find your strategy absolutely baffling! I understand that some people will try to hedge on pointspread betting for NFL and College Football in an attempt to try to middle so that both sides cash but you cannot do that with a money line bet.

    I can understand trying to lock in on an MMA bet early to try and get a good line, but sometimes the risk of finding out about a bad weight cut or  other issues and trying to buy off at a much worse line is actually more costly than if you had waited until closer to bell time to lock in. Especially considering that most books restrict the amount of money they will allow you to bet when they first open the lines, Then relax these limits closer to bell time.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts:

    If you bet any significant amount, you will get limit if only betting their best line out there. I have no idea why poster respond to sharpsh!t, that guy is right he will never get limit. Air bettor don't get limited, how do you limit someone who bet $0.50 like sharpsh!t...lol. That guy responds with emoticon & 1 liner, wonder if he actual read post before responding. 

    I don't post pick because I don't believe that's the right way to make money. Many time I bet on both side kinda like hedging. You have to cap the fight/fighter base what your preview value of that fighter. Let say everyone post their picks is Jon Jone, will I likely bet his opponent if is +1100. Jones might get disqualify, he might get injury like in the Chael Sonnen fight. So if you try to make money follow poster pick, you will likely not succeed. But I am glad there are player like sharpsh!t & sadman, it surely will benefit me if there is more player like them.

    Giga, I must say that I find your strategy absolutely baffling! I understand that some people will try to hedge on pointspread betting for NFL and College Football in an attempt to try to middle so that both sides cash but you cannot do that with a money line bet.

    I can understand trying to lock in on an MMA bet early to try and get a good line, but sometimes the risk of finding out about a bad weight cut or  other issues and trying to buy off at a much worse line is actually more costly than if you had waited until closer to bell time to lock in. Especially considering that most books restrict the amount of money they will allow you to bet when they first open the lines, Then relax these limits closer to bell time.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:29 PM ET #56

    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by ParlayJoe17:Hey Giga, screw all the arguing etc. and get on here and post some of your plays!  Sounds like you are a winning player and you may be concerned about losing some value due to line moves etc. after being limited, but sounds like you are bright and would have some good insight for everybody.  No need to quibble!He's not.  Trust me on this one.  QUOTEPerhaps 5Dimes should offer a prop bet on whether Giga will create a UFC 185 thread and post his plays ahead of the event. My guess on the opening line would be:YES. +25000NO -1000000000


    I got NO for $10 to win 1 penny, lol.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by ParlayJoe17:Hey Giga, screw all the arguing etc. and get on here and post some of your plays!  Sounds like you are a winning player and you may be concerned about losing some value due to line moves etc. after being limited, but sounds like you are bright and would have some good insight for everybody.  No need to quibble!He's not.  Trust me on this one.  QUOTEPerhaps 5Dimes should offer a prop bet on whether Giga will create a UFC 185 thread and post his plays ahead of the event. My guess on the opening line would be:YES. +25000NO -1000000000


    I got NO for $10 to win 1 penny, lol.
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:42 PM ET #57

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:



    I got NO for $10 to win 1 penny, lol.

    Dear Sir and/or Madame,

    We must limit your wagering for this particular prop bet  because you are such a sharp bettor and you might clean us out on this play.

    Unfortunately, we have voided your $10 bet and have now lowered your betting limit on this prop to a maximum wager of  $0.18. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

    Thanks for your understanding.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:



    I got NO for $10 to win 1 penny, lol.

    Dear Sir and/or Madame,

    We must limit your wagering for this particular prop bet  because you are such a sharp bettor and you might clean us out on this play.

    Unfortunately, we have voided your $10 bet and have now lowered your betting limit on this prop to a maximum wager of  $0.18. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

    Thanks for your understanding.


     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 7:49 PM ET #58

    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    I got NO for $10 to win 1 penny, lol.
    Dear Sir and/or Madame,We must limit your wagering for this particular prop bet  because you are such a sharp bettor and you might clean us out on this play.Unfortunately, we have voided your $10 bet and have now lowered your betting limit on this prop to a maximum wager of  $0.18. We are sorry for the inconvenience.Thanks for your understanding.

    First off, its Sir!!! Second, I'm sharp as a butter knife. Third do I still get my penny???
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    I got NO for $10 to win 1 penny, lol.
    Dear Sir and/or Madame,We must limit your wagering for this particular prop bet  because you are such a sharp bettor and you might clean us out on this play.Unfortunately, we have voided your $10 bet and have now lowered your betting limit on this prop to a maximum wager of  $0.18. We are sorry for the inconvenience.Thanks for your understanding.

    First off, its Sir!!! Second, I'm sharp as a butter knife. Third do I still get my penny???
     
    GigaOuts
    GigaOuts
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 286
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 7:54 PM ET #59

    Giga, I must say that I find your strategy absolutely baffling!
    Yes I don't pick the fighter who I think will win the match because there is many time I am wrong. So I pick fighter base on perceive value I assign to a fighter when capping. So I flip flopping picks constantly due to the fluctuation of the odd.

    Let take an extreme example like ufn 61- Bigfoot vs Mir, there is 11 upset. If you bet base on value, you should make very good money in that event.
    Sam Alvey at +310 vs Cezar Ferreira
    Frankie Saenz at +900 vs Iuri Alcantara
    Adrian Martins at +410 vs Rustam Khabilov

    I, like everyone else all picking Ferreira, Alcantara, & Khabilov to win but I am not going to bet at those odd. Giving the odd of Sam Alvey, Frankie Saenz, & Adrian Martins, you have to force yourself to bet something on those ridiculous odd. So picking a fighter & betting on a fighter is 2 very different things for me.
    Reply
    Giga, I must say that I find your strategy absolutely baffling!
    Yes I don't pick the fighter who I think will win the match because there is many time I am wrong. So I pick fighter base on perceive value I assign to a fighter when capping. So I flip flopping picks constantly due to the fluctuation of the odd.

    Let take an extreme example like ufn 61- Bigfoot vs Mir, there is 11 upset. If you bet base on value, you should make very good money in that event.
    Sam Alvey at +310 vs Cezar Ferreira
    Frankie Saenz at +900 vs Iuri Alcantara
    Adrian Martins at +410 vs Rustam Khabilov

    I, like everyone else all picking Ferreira, Alcantara, & Khabilov to win but I am not going to bet at those odd. Giving the odd of Sam Alvey, Frankie Saenz, & Adrian Martins, you have to force yourself to bet something on those ridiculous odd. So picking a fighter & betting on a fighter is 2 very different things for me.
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 8:24 PM ET #60

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Dear Sir and/or Madame,We must limit your wagering for this particular prop bet  because you are such a sharp bettor and you might clean us out on this play.Unfortunately, we have voided your $10 bet and have now lowered your betting limit on this prop to a maximum wager of  $0.18. We are sorry for the inconvenience.Thanks for your understanding.
    First off, its Sir!!! Second, I'm sharp as a butter knife. Third do I still get my penny???

    Dear Madame,

    Thanks once again for contacting 5Dames customer service. As mentioned in our previous correspondence to you, if we were to honor that bet, we would definitely go bankrupt and we certainly cannot allow that to happen!

    Thanks again for your understanding and your continued loyalty. 

    Eddie M
    Customer Service Representative/Part-time Turkish Bathouse Towel Attendant
    5Dames Sportsbook 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Dear Sir and/or Madame,We must limit your wagering for this particular prop bet  because you are such a sharp bettor and you might clean us out on this play.Unfortunately, we have voided your $10 bet and have now lowered your betting limit on this prop to a maximum wager of  $0.18. We are sorry for the inconvenience.Thanks for your understanding.
    First off, its Sir!!! Second, I'm sharp as a butter knife. Third do I still get my penny???

    Dear Madame,

    Thanks once again for contacting 5Dames customer service. As mentioned in our previous correspondence to you, if we were to honor that bet, we would definitely go bankrupt and we certainly cannot allow that to happen!

    Thanks again for your understanding and your continued loyalty. 

    Eddie M
    Customer Service Representative/Part-time Turkish Bathouse Towel Attendant
    5Dames Sportsbook 
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 8:28 PM ET #61

    Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts:

    Giga, I must say that I find your strategy absolutely baffling!
    Yes I don't pick the fighter who I think will win the match because there is many time I am wrong. So I pick fighter base on perceive value I assign to a fighter when capping. So I flip flopping picks constantly due to the fluctuation of the odd.

    Let take an extreme example like ufn 61- Bigfoot vs Mir, there is 11 upset. If you bet base on value, you should make very good money in that event.
    Sam Alvey at +310 vs Cezar Ferreira
    Frankie Saenz at +900 vs Iuri Alcantara
    Adrian Martins at +410 vs Rustam Khabilov

    I, like everyone else all picking Ferreira, Alcantara, & Khabilov to win but I am not going to bet at those odd. Giving the odd of Sam Alvey, Frankie Saenz, & Adrian Martins, you have to force yourself to bet something on those ridiculous odd. So picking a fighter & betting on a fighter is 2 very different things for me.

    Yes, I think we all understand the concept of betting  for perceived value and not necessarily because we think that fighters going to win. However, you can still share that information if you would like and no one will judge you if those plays lose if that is your reasoning for the bet. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts:

    Giga, I must say that I find your strategy absolutely baffling!
    Yes I don't pick the fighter who I think will win the match because there is many time I am wrong. So I pick fighter base on perceive value I assign to a fighter when capping. So I flip flopping picks constantly due to the fluctuation of the odd.

    Let take an extreme example like ufn 61- Bigfoot vs Mir, there is 11 upset. If you bet base on value, you should make very good money in that event.
    Sam Alvey at +310 vs Cezar Ferreira
    Frankie Saenz at +900 vs Iuri Alcantara
    Adrian Martins at +410 vs Rustam Khabilov

    I, like everyone else all picking Ferreira, Alcantara, & Khabilov to win but I am not going to bet at those odd. Giving the odd of Sam Alvey, Frankie Saenz, & Adrian Martins, you have to force yourself to bet something on those ridiculous odd. So picking a fighter & betting on a fighter is 2 very different things for me.

    Yes, I think we all understand the concept of betting  for perceived value and not necessarily because we think that fighters going to win. However, you can still share that information if you would like and no one will judge you if those plays lose if that is your reasoning for the bet. 


     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 2:00 AM ET #62

    Quote Originally Posted by Qncyk1:


    ive heard of people getting limited, essentially banned with the limits they are left with, at sportsbookreview.com forum

    i really dont know why they would lie about it

    You're right.  There's no reason a person would lie on an internet betting forum, about being banned/limited from a book.....  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Qncyk1:


    ive heard of people getting limited, essentially banned with the limits they are left with, at sportsbookreview.com forum

    i really dont know why they would lie about it

    You're right.  There's no reason a person would lie on an internet betting forum, about being banned/limited from a book.....  
     
    Qncyk1
    Qncyk1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 1239
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 10:33 AM ET #63

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    You're right.  There's no reason a person would lie on an internet betting forum, about being banned/limited from a book.....  


    i dont think you understand.

    the bloggers that i were referring to had no reason to lie. it wasnt a derelict thread such as this with three or four guys pulling out their person to see whose was bigger

    the topic was brought up on a thread where limiting or banning was not even the original subject matter. it was mentioned in a completely non-chalant matter as the people coudl care less if you believed them or not

    not everyone comes to betting forums for psychological reasons to make themselves feel bigger and better while attacking other bloggers. its one of the reasons many people dont participate on these forums 

    i could pm you one week of my nfl action and you would know why i dont participate on the covers nfl forum arguing with fuken derelict 20 bettors








    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    You're right.  There's no reason a person would lie on an internet betting forum, about being banned/limited from a book.....  


    i dont think you understand.

    the bloggers that i were referring to had no reason to lie. it wasnt a derelict thread such as this with three or four guys pulling out their person to see whose was bigger

    the topic was brought up on a thread where limiting or banning was not even the original subject matter. it was mentioned in a completely non-chalant matter as the people coudl care less if you believed them or not

    not everyone comes to betting forums for psychological reasons to make themselves feel bigger and better while attacking other bloggers. its one of the reasons many people dont participate on these forums 

    i could pm you one week of my nfl action and you would know why i dont participate on the covers nfl forum arguing with fuken derelict 20 bettors








     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 14, 2015 - 11:19 PM ET #64

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars101:

    Been on a absolute tear for 2015 winning with incredible value dog picks. Granted I'm not going to win every + dog but am picking at a positive clip with + profit.

    All of my picks are legit and recorded with legit profits. I do not play ridiculous favorites nor do I pay hugely juiced odds (save for parlays)

    Consulted with the MMA guru and he has the picks ready to go. Lock, stock & barrel my friends. I usually tend to avoid parlays because long term they don't offer any real value. When you can realistically see a parlay hitting above the 90% then you have to hit it. That's the situation here so that is why I am playing a parlay.

    Pettis
    Nelson
    Pearson
    Rosholt
    Duffey

    1 Unit play @ 7.45. If this hits we'll be laughing all the way to the bank. 

    I do not state I will win every bet but I DO GUARANTEE to be profitable if you follow my plays. I will not go tout or expect monetary compensation for the picks I give out.

    Expect a bounce back and we'll gain back those lost units. 



    Is this your 10th loss in a row now?!?  I guess you can officially flush your tout aspirations down the drain. 

    Better luck with your next covers username.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars101:

    Been on a absolute tear for 2015 winning with incredible value dog picks. Granted I'm not going to win every + dog but am picking at a positive clip with + profit.

    All of my picks are legit and recorded with legit profits. I do not play ridiculous favorites nor do I pay hugely juiced odds (save for parlays)

    Consulted with the MMA guru and he has the picks ready to go. Lock, stock & barrel my friends. I usually tend to avoid parlays because long term they don't offer any real value. When you can realistically see a parlay hitting above the 90% then you have to hit it. That's the situation here so that is why I am playing a parlay.

    Pettis
    Nelson
    Pearson
    Rosholt
    Duffey

    1 Unit play @ 7.45. If this hits we'll be laughing all the way to the bank. 

    I do not state I will win every bet but I DO GUARANTEE to be profitable if you follow my plays. I will not go tout or expect monetary compensation for the picks I give out.

    Expect a bounce back and we'll gain back those lost units. 



    Is this your 10th loss in a row now?!?  I guess you can officially flush your tout aspirations down the drain. 

    Better luck with your next covers username.  
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Mar. 15, 2015 - 9:59 PM ET #65

    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:


    Is this your 10th loss in a row now?!?  I guess you can officially flush your tout aspirations down the drain. 

    Better luck with your next covers username.  


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:


    Is this your 10th loss in a row now?!?  I guess you can officially flush your tout aspirations down the drain. 

    Better luck with your next covers username.  


     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Mar. 15, 2015 - 10:04 PM ET #66

    Quote Originally Posted by Qncyk1:



    i dont think you understand.

    the bloggers that i were referring to had no reason to lie. it wasnt a derelict thread such as this with three or four guys pulling out their person to see whose was bigger

    the topic was brought up on a thread where limiting or banning was not even the original subject matter. it was mentioned in a completely non-chalant matter as the people coudl care less if you believed them or not

    not everyone comes to betting forums for psychological reasons to make themselves feel bigger and better while attacking other bloggers. its one of the reasons many people dont participate on these forums 

    i could pm you one week of my nfl action and you would know why i dont participate on the covers nfl forum arguing with fuken derelict 20 bettors









    I don't need to see a betting ticket.  That doesn't mean anything to me.  Whether someone bets $5,000, $500, or $5 a game is irrelevant.  I certainly don't care about it, and in all my time at the books, the amount of money is not correlated to how sharp someone is.  There are more tourists visiting Las Vegas with money who place sports bets, than runners betting for sharps.

    In regards to Giga, he was trying to say he was banned because he was sharp.  First things first, I can guarantee you that no book has a banned a losing player like him.  Especially an offshore book, where they basically govern themselves.  Second, that guy is a complete idiot.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Qncyk1:



    i dont think you understand.

    the bloggers that i were referring to had no reason to lie. it wasnt a derelict thread such as this with three or four guys pulling out their person to see whose was bigger

    the topic was brought up on a thread where limiting or banning was not even the original subject matter. it was mentioned in a completely non-chalant matter as the people coudl care less if you believed them or not

    not everyone comes to betting forums for psychological reasons to make themselves feel bigger and better while attacking other bloggers. its one of the reasons many people dont participate on these forums 

    i could pm you one week of my nfl action and you would know why i dont participate on the covers nfl forum arguing with fuken derelict 20 bettors









    I don't need to see a betting ticket.  That doesn't mean anything to me.  Whether someone bets $5,000, $500, or $5 a game is irrelevant.  I certainly don't care about it, and in all my time at the books, the amount of money is not correlated to how sharp someone is.  There are more tourists visiting Las Vegas with money who place sports bets, than runners betting for sharps.

    In regards to Giga, he was trying to say he was banned because he was sharp.  First things first, I can guarantee you that no book has a banned a losing player like him.  Especially an offshore book, where they basically govern themselves.  Second, that guy is a complete idiot.  
     
     
    GigaOuts
    GigaOuts
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 286
    Posted: Mar. 16, 2015 - 2:36 AM ET #67

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    I don't need to see a betting ticket.  That doesn't mean anything to me.  Whether someone bets $5,000, $500, or $5 a game is irrelevant.  I certainly don't care about it, and in all my time at the books, the amount of money is not correlated to how sharp someone is.  There are more tourists visiting Las Vegas with money who place sports bets, than runners betting for sharps.

    In regards to Giga, he was trying to say he was banned because he was sharp.  First things first, I can guarantee you that no book has a banned a losing player like him.  Especially an offshore book, where they basically govern themselves.  Second, that guy is a complete idiot.  
    lol...what a f*cking idiot. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    I don't need to see a betting ticket.  That doesn't mean anything to me.  Whether someone bets $5,000, $500, or $5 a game is irrelevant.  I certainly don't care about it, and in all my time at the books, the amount of money is not correlated to how sharp someone is.  There are more tourists visiting Las Vegas with money who place sports bets, than runners betting for sharps.

    In regards to Giga, he was trying to say he was banned because he was sharp.  First things first, I can guarantee you that no book has a banned a losing player like him.  Especially an offshore book, where they basically govern themselves.  Second, that guy is a complete idiot.  
    lol...what a f*cking idiot. 
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    «First Previous 123

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,277
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,457
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,647
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,257
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 122
    • Trump's legacy? 32,960
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,127
    • Trump lies so much. 22,910

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.