• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Shhh... Hot Insider Information Bets For UFC 185

    123 Next Last»
    MR219
    Ferrari29
    sawman
    ctm1985
    OnTheO
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4168
    Posts: 70
    123 Next Last»
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:06 PM ET #1

    YTD Record:
    Overall: 42-41-3, -16.75 Units 
    UFC: 35-36-3, -21.60  Units 
    Bellator: 5-4, +1.85 Units 
    WSOF: 2-1, +3.00 Units 
    Titan FC: 0-0, +0.00 Units 
    Final 2014 Record: 254-261-11, -0.05 units 
    Final 2013 Record: 218-229-5, +67.50 units 
    Final 2012 Record: 158-174-2, -76.20 Units 
    Final 2011 Record: 148-132-3, +123.55 Units 
    Final 2010 Record: 115-119-3, +11.25 Units 
    Final 2009 Record: 80-82-1, +23.75 Units 
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    YTD Record:
    Overall: 42-41-3, -16.75 Units 
    UFC: 35-36-3, -21.60  Units 
    Bellator: 5-4, +1.85 Units 
    WSOF: 2-1, +3.00 Units 
    Titan FC: 0-0, +0.00 Units 
    Final 2014 Record: 254-261-11, -0.05 units 
    Final 2013 Record: 218-229-5, +67.50 units 
    Final 2012 Record: 158-174-2, -76.20 Units 
    Final 2011 Record: 148-132-3, +123.55 Units 
    Final 2010 Record: 115-119-3, +11.25 Units 
    Final 2009 Record: 80-82-1, +23.75 Units 
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:36 PM ET #2

    Since I have wasted so much time this week responding to some of the most ridiculous, laughable posts I have ever seen before, I have not had time to personally cap this event. 

    Instead, I have been in touch with one of my inside informants who happens to work in the one of Fedor's gyms.  I recently met him at a charity snow dog racing event that was recently held in the Grand Canyon!  He is their official jockstrap cleaner who uses only his tongue to get the job done!  

    Based on the extreme knowledge of the industry he has acquired in his lifetime based on this esteemed position, I have decided to tail the following plays:

    1.  Carla Esparza (-156) over Joanna J.  Risking 4.7 units to win 3 units.  

    2.  A GigaOuts parlay special of Sergio Pettis over Ryan Benoit, Joseph Duffey over Jake Lindsey, Ross Pearson over Sam Stout and Henry Cejudo over Chris Cariaso. Risking 3 units to win 3.2 units. 

    3.  A 2nd GigsOuts parlay special of Anthony Pettis over RDA, Johny Hendricks over Matt Brown, Elias Theodorou over Roger Narvaez and Jared Rosholt over Josh Copeland. Risking 1 unit to win 1.65 units. 

    4.  Beneil Dariush (+123) over Daron Cruickshank. Risking 0.5 units to win 0.6 units. 

    5.  Roy Nelson (+166) over Alistair Overeem. Risking 0.5 units to win 0.85 units. 

    6.  Germainde De Randamie (+137) over Larissa Pacheco. Risking 0.3 units to win 0.45 units. 

    In addition, if I have a winning event, I will update my record accordingly.  However, in the event that I have a losing week, then there is a strong likelihood that I will fudge my record to make it look like those losing bets never occurred! After all, the sun was in my eyes when I placed them!

    I hope everyone has enjoyed following the drama in the MMA forum this week and this silly post!  , 

    BOL to everyone with your plays! 

    Reply
    Since I have wasted so much time this week responding to some of the most ridiculous, laughable posts I have ever seen before, I have not had time to personally cap this event. 

    Instead, I have been in touch with one of my inside informants who happens to work in the one of Fedor's gyms.  I recently met him at a charity snow dog racing event that was recently held in the Grand Canyon!  He is their official jockstrap cleaner who uses only his tongue to get the job done!  

    Based on the extreme knowledge of the industry he has acquired in his lifetime based on this esteemed position, I have decided to tail the following plays:

    1.  Carla Esparza (-156) over Joanna J.  Risking 4.7 units to win 3 units.  

    2.  A GigaOuts parlay special of Sergio Pettis over Ryan Benoit, Joseph Duffey over Jake Lindsey, Ross Pearson over Sam Stout and Henry Cejudo over Chris Cariaso. Risking 3 units to win 3.2 units. 

    3.  A 2nd GigsOuts parlay special of Anthony Pettis over RDA, Johny Hendricks over Matt Brown, Elias Theodorou over Roger Narvaez and Jared Rosholt over Josh Copeland. Risking 1 unit to win 1.65 units. 

    4.  Beneil Dariush (+123) over Daron Cruickshank. Risking 0.5 units to win 0.6 units. 

    5.  Roy Nelson (+166) over Alistair Overeem. Risking 0.5 units to win 0.85 units. 

    6.  Germainde De Randamie (+137) over Larissa Pacheco. Risking 0.3 units to win 0.45 units. 

    In addition, if I have a winning event, I will update my record accordingly.  However, in the event that I have a losing week, then there is a strong likelihood that I will fudge my record to make it look like those losing bets never occurred! After all, the sun was in my eyes when I placed them!

    I hope everyone has enjoyed following the drama in the MMA forum this week and this silly post!  , 

    BOL to everyone with your plays! 

     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 7:54 PM ET #3

    Can't believe you didn't go all Turkish bathhouse towel boy routine!!! That shyt works everytime. Well oh well, good luck Mister!!!
    Reply
    Can't believe you didn't go all Turkish bathhouse towel boy routine!!! That shyt works everytime. Well oh well, good luck Mister!!!
     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 8:19 PM ET #4

    that's awesome.good luck, pal!
    Reply
    that's awesome.good luck, pal!
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 8:44 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Can't believe you didn't go all Turkish bathhouse towel boy routine!!! That shyt works everytime. Well oh well, good luck Mister!!!

    My Turkish inside informant friend recently got a second part-time job working customer service at 5Dames sportsbook. 

    Unfortunately, he was way too busy.  He says he has been bombarded with people who are upset that out of nowhere, their bets on a certain prop were being voided and their betting limits reduced. Therefore, he did not have time to cap or give me any inside info for this event. Maybe next time.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Can't believe you didn't go all Turkish bathhouse towel boy routine!!! That shyt works everytime. Well oh well, good luck Mister!!!

    My Turkish inside informant friend recently got a second part-time job working customer service at 5Dames sportsbook. 

    Unfortunately, he was way too busy.  He says he has been bombarded with people who are upset that out of nowhere, their bets on a certain prop were being voided and their betting limits reduced. Therefore, he did not have time to cap or give me any inside info for this event. Maybe next time.

     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 8:45 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by sawman:

    that's awesome.good luck, pal!


    Thanks Sawman!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sawman:

    that's awesome.good luck, pal!


    Thanks Sawman!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 8:57 PM ET #7

    Good deal, I'm gonna open a account at 5dimes in June!!! I'll look him up!!!
    Reply
    Good deal, I'm gonna open a account at 5dimes in June!!! I'll look him up!!!
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 9:25 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Good deal, I'm gonna open a account at 5dimes in June!!! I'll look him up!!!


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Good deal, I'm gonna open a account at 5dimes in June!!! I'll look him up!!!


     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 10:35 PM ET #9

    Well I was being serious at least about the June account, lol.
    Reply
    Well I was being serious at least about the June account, lol.
     
    ctm1985
    ctm1985
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1878
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 6:06 PM ET #10

    lol.

    Weird that our top plays are opposite, I don't recall seeing that before.   Good luck on the rest!   
    Reply
    lol.

    Weird that our top plays are opposite, I don't recall seeing that before.   Good luck on the rest!   
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 7:34 PM ET #11

    Good luck mr
    Reply
    Good luck mr
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 7:43 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:

    lol.

    Weird that our top plays are opposite, I don't recall seeing that before.   Good luck on the rest!   

    Yeah, that doesn't happen too often. I'm very interested to hear your take on this fight.

    As for me, I think this is a horrible match up for double J and can't really understand why anyone is backing her here. 

    I thought she was very underwhelming in her UFC debut and I think she got a gift decision in her last fight. Most of the MMA media did not think she won either. She also seemed to fade in both of those fights.

    Esparza has fought a much more difficult strength of schedule in her career. She has never been knocked out. Double J may be undefeated but her strength of schedule shows that she has beaten up nothing but cupcakes. She only has one legitimate knock out on her record. She is more of a technique fighter rather than a power fighter.

    I like how Esparza can mix things up and I think this will keep double J off balance. I really cant see Double J being able to finish Esparza, as she simply does not have KO power. 

     I can see Double J coming out strong and even winning rounds 1 & 2, especially if Esparza has difficulty land takedowns early.  But based on all the video I have seen of Double J, she tends to fade and I can see Esparza start having more success with takedowns as the fight progresses. I simply cannot imagine a scenario where Esparza would lose rounds 3-5. 

    This fight is taking place in Texas which is notoriously known for poor MMA judging. However, they always seem to favor the local fighters in these situations.  So even if it is close, I don't see double J getting a friendly nod from the judges like she did last time. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:

    lol.

    Weird that our top plays are opposite, I don't recall seeing that before.   Good luck on the rest!   

    Yeah, that doesn't happen too often. I'm very interested to hear your take on this fight.

    As for me, I think this is a horrible match up for double J and can't really understand why anyone is backing her here. 

    I thought she was very underwhelming in her UFC debut and I think she got a gift decision in her last fight. Most of the MMA media did not think she won either. She also seemed to fade in both of those fights.

    Esparza has fought a much more difficult strength of schedule in her career. She has never been knocked out. Double J may be undefeated but her strength of schedule shows that she has beaten up nothing but cupcakes. She only has one legitimate knock out on her record. She is more of a technique fighter rather than a power fighter.

    I like how Esparza can mix things up and I think this will keep double J off balance. I really cant see Double J being able to finish Esparza, as she simply does not have KO power. 

     I can see Double J coming out strong and even winning rounds 1 & 2, especially if Esparza has difficulty land takedowns early.  But based on all the video I have seen of Double J, she tends to fade and I can see Esparza start having more success with takedowns as the fight progresses. I simply cannot imagine a scenario where Esparza would lose rounds 3-5. 

    This fight is taking place in Texas which is notoriously known for poor MMA judging. However, they always seem to favor the local fighters in these situations.  So even if it is close, I don't see double J getting a friendly nod from the judges like she did last time. 


     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 7:43 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Good luck mr

    Thanks bud!  U2!!! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Good luck mr

    Thanks bud!  U2!!! 
     
    Coreyccr
    Coreyccr
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 378
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 8:59 PM ET #14

    just to point out ...JJ's last fight was in brazil against a Brazilian sooo...im sure u knew that alrdy tho 

    good luck and the more i look into this fight the more i see rds 3-5 going to carla.....plus jj gives up positions for carla to take the back   
    Reply
    just to point out ...JJ's last fight was in brazil against a Brazilian sooo...im sure u knew that alrdy tho 

    good luck and the more i look into this fight the more i see rds 3-5 going to carla.....plus jj gives up positions for carla to take the back   
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 9:12 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Coreyccr:

    just to point out ...JJ's last fight was in brazil against a Brazilian sooo...im sure u knew that alrdy tho 

    good luck and the more i look into this fight the more i see rds 3-5 going to carla.....plus jj gives up positions for carla to take the back   

    Actually, I believe that fight took place in Arizona, not Brazil. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreyccr:

    just to point out ...JJ's last fight was in brazil against a Brazilian sooo...im sure u knew that alrdy tho 

    good luck and the more i look into this fight the more i see rds 3-5 going to carla.....plus jj gives up positions for carla to take the back   

    Actually, I believe that fight took place in Arizona, not Brazil. 
     
    ctm1985
    ctm1985
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1878
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 10:25 PM ET #16

    For me, it comes down to the large gap in striking, the medium gap in wrestling, and their perceived cardio.  I've noticed a lot of people out there with a similar opinion to yours, that JJ slows down, but I thought the complete opposite and I think this is important.  In her 2 UFC fights so far she was still throwing serious heat in the third rounds, showed no sign of giving up or breaking, and by the time the rounds had ended it looked to me like she could have gone a couple more at the same pace.  Not that they were dominating rounds for her or anything, but she still looked fresh.

    JJ's striking is far better, the best in the division afaik.  And while I agree with you that it's more about technique with her, I do think she has KO power.  Her strikes are so sharp, and for 115 lbs they look quite hard.  Another thing I noticed is that JJ lands more and more damaging strikes as her fights progress and she figures her opponent out, while Esparza can look pretty lost on the feet and gets noticeably sloppier and more hittable as she goes.  

    Wrestling is obviously how Esparza can win this, she does change levels extremely well and I think she'll probably hit a few td's and have her moments, but JJ is deceptively strong, defends well, and I think JJ can get back to her feet when needed.  If she does this I see Esparza wearing down much faster.  And Joanna just has that insane confidence, reminds me of how Weidman talked about Silva.

    I also think Gadelha is the best win of either career...close fight, I can't really defend the questionable decision, but still impressive to me.  

    Anyways I can't wait to see how this one plays out!  
    Reply
    For me, it comes down to the large gap in striking, the medium gap in wrestling, and their perceived cardio.  I've noticed a lot of people out there with a similar opinion to yours, that JJ slows down, but I thought the complete opposite and I think this is important.  In her 2 UFC fights so far she was still throwing serious heat in the third rounds, showed no sign of giving up or breaking, and by the time the rounds had ended it looked to me like she could have gone a couple more at the same pace.  Not that they were dominating rounds for her or anything, but she still looked fresh.

    JJ's striking is far better, the best in the division afaik.  And while I agree with you that it's more about technique with her, I do think she has KO power.  Her strikes are so sharp, and for 115 lbs they look quite hard.  Another thing I noticed is that JJ lands more and more damaging strikes as her fights progress and she figures her opponent out, while Esparza can look pretty lost on the feet and gets noticeably sloppier and more hittable as she goes.  

    Wrestling is obviously how Esparza can win this, she does change levels extremely well and I think she'll probably hit a few td's and have her moments, but JJ is deceptively strong, defends well, and I think JJ can get back to her feet when needed.  If she does this I see Esparza wearing down much faster.  And Joanna just has that insane confidence, reminds me of how Weidman talked about Silva.

    I also think Gadelha is the best win of either career...close fight, I can't really defend the questionable decision, but still impressive to me.  

    Anyways I can't wait to see how this one plays out!  
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 10:54 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:

    For me, it comes down to the large gap in striking, the medium gap in wrestling, and their perceived cardio.  I've noticed a lot of people out there with a similar opinion to yours, that JJ slows down, but I thought the complete opposite and I think this is important.  In her 2 UFC fights so far she was still throwing serious heat in the third rounds, showed no sign of giving up or breaking, and by the time the rounds had ended it looked to me like she could have gone a couple more at the same pace.  Not that they were dominating rounds for her or anything, but she still looked fresh.

    JJ's striking is far better, the best in the division afaik.  And while I agree with you that it's more about technique with her, I do think she has KO power.  Her strikes are so sharp, and for 115 lbs they look quite hard.  Another thing I noticed is that JJ lands more and more damaging strikes as her fights progress and she figures her opponent out, while Esparza can look pretty lost on the feet and gets noticeably sloppier and more hittable as she goes.  

    Wrestling is obviously how Esparza can win this, she does change levels extremely well and I think she'll probably hit a few td's and have her moments, but JJ is deceptively strong, defends well, and I think JJ can get back to her feet when needed.  If she does this I see Esparza wearing down much faster.  And Joanna just has that insane confidence, reminds me of how Weidman talked about Silva.

    I also think Gadelha is the best win of either career...close fight, I can't really defend the questionable decision, but still impressive to me.  

    Anyways I can't wait to see how this one plays out!  

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:

    For me, it comes down to the large gap in striking, the medium gap in wrestling, and their perceived cardio.  I've noticed a lot of people out there with a similar opinion to yours, that JJ slows down, but I thought the complete opposite and I think this is important.  In her 2 UFC fights so far she was still throwing serious heat in the third rounds, showed no sign of giving up or breaking, and by the time the rounds had ended it looked to me like she could have gone a couple more at the same pace.  Not that they were dominating rounds for her or anything, but she still looked fresh.

    JJ's striking is far better, the best in the division afaik.  And while I agree with you that it's more about technique with her, I do think she has KO power.  Her strikes are so sharp, and for 115 lbs they look quite hard.  Another thing I noticed is that JJ lands more and more damaging strikes as her fights progress and she figures her opponent out, while Esparza can look pretty lost on the feet and gets noticeably sloppier and more hittable as she goes.  

    Wrestling is obviously how Esparza can win this, she does change levels extremely well and I think she'll probably hit a few td's and have her moments, but JJ is deceptively strong, defends well, and I think JJ can get back to her feet when needed.  If she does this I see Esparza wearing down much faster.  And Joanna just has that insane confidence, reminds me of how Weidman talked about Silva.

    I also think Gadelha is the best win of either career...close fight, I can't really defend the questionable decision, but still impressive to me.  

    Anyways I can't wait to see how this one plays out!  

     
    alangrrbs
    alangrrbs
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 4739
    Posted: Mar. 14, 2015 - 12:54 AM ET #18

    GL mr219...always enjoy your picks!
    Reply
    GL mr219...always enjoy your picks!
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Mar. 14, 2015 - 12:25 PM ET #19

    I'm very heavy on Dariush tonight.  

    Reply
    I'm very heavy on Dariush tonight.  

     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Mar. 14, 2015 - 3:41 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    I'm very heavy on Dariush tonight.  


    Was that pre or post weigh in? I missed the boat on that good line
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    I'm very heavy on Dariush tonight.  


    Was that pre or post weigh in? I missed the boat on that good line
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Mar. 14, 2015 - 4:05 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by sawman:


    Was that pre or post weigh in? I missed the boat on that good line

    I didn't get the best number, but I think it's still bettable at -105.

    I know sometimes it is hard to bet something you like, after the good number is gone.  But in this case, I had no issue.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sawman:


    Was that pre or post weigh in? I missed the boat on that good line

    I didn't get the best number, but I think it's still bettable at -105.

    I know sometimes it is hard to bet something you like, after the good number is gone.  But in this case, I had no issue.
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 14, 2015 - 4:57 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    I didn't get the best number, but I think it's still bettable at -105.

    I know sometimes it is hard to bet something you like, after the good number is gone.  But in this case, I had no issue.

    I had placed a very small, degenerate action bet on Dariush earlier this week at plus money.  Now that this fight is a pick'em, I don't think there's any value left.

     I do think Dariush will submit Cruickshank.  However, if he can't get the fight to the ground and has to stand and bang, he's likely to lose. If this is a close fight and goes to the scorecards, the Texas judges have historically favored the local boys versus foreign fighters so the chances of Dariush winning in a close fight that goes to the judges are slim. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    I didn't get the best number, but I think it's still bettable at -105.

    I know sometimes it is hard to bet something you like, after the good number is gone.  But in this case, I had no issue.

    I had placed a very small, degenerate action bet on Dariush earlier this week at plus money.  Now that this fight is a pick'em, I don't think there's any value left.

     I do think Dariush will submit Cruickshank.  However, if he can't get the fight to the ground and has to stand and bang, he's likely to lose. If this is a close fight and goes to the scorecards, the Texas judges have historically favored the local boys versus foreign fighters so the chances of Dariush winning in a close fight that goes to the judges are slim. 
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 14, 2015 - 6:21 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by alangrrbs:

    GL mr219...always enjoy your picks!

    Thanks bud!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by alangrrbs:

    GL mr219...always enjoy your picks!

    Thanks bud!!!
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Mar. 14, 2015 - 6:55 PM ET #24

    Those who bet the "No" on the "Will GigaOuts start a thread and share his bets prior to the start of the event" prop has cashed, as predicted. 

    Game, Set, Match...
    Reply
    Those who bet the "No" on the "Will GigaOuts start a thread and share his bets prior to the start of the event" prop has cashed, as predicted. 

    Game, Set, Match...
     
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Mar. 14, 2015 - 7:18 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:

    Those who bet the "No" on the "Will GigaOuts start a thread and share his bets prior to the start of the event" prop has cashed, as predicted. Game, Set, Match...

    Winner winner, chicken dinner. Want that in American penny Mister!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:

    Those who bet the "No" on the "Will GigaOuts start a thread and share his bets prior to the start of the event" prop has cashed, as predicted. Game, Set, Match...

    Winner winner, chicken dinner. Want that in American penny Mister!!!
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,277
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,457
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,647
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,257
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 122
    • Trump's legacy? 32,960
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,127
    • Trump lies so much. 22,910

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.