I just think your analogies are badly flawed. I don't see a correlation between an unranked team being favored over a ranked team and Jones @ -170 vs Cormier.
For the record, I don't have a play on the fight either, but I just don't see your "square" label as fitting. I also don't think taking the challenger without a signature win in the weight class is easier at a + price than going with the dominant champ as a slight to moderate favorite.
What do you think the price should be??
Well the analogy is quite simple. Don't overthink it. The college sports analogy is a square bet, Cormier is a square bet. Don't go outside the box on this one.
Betting Daniel Cormier was the squarest bet I have ever seen in MMA. On either side of the counter. The ticket count at major sportsbooks, and the actual dollars bet would corroborate that opinion of mine.
The fight played out as it should have. The squares lost this one, like they do 60% of the time.
On to the next one.
Quote Originally Posted by esplanade:
I just think your analogies are badly flawed. I don't see a correlation between an unranked team being favored over a ranked team and Jones @ -170 vs Cormier.
For the record, I don't have a play on the fight either, but I just don't see your "square" label as fitting. I also don't think taking the challenger without a signature win in the weight class is easier at a + price than going with the dominant champ as a slight to moderate favorite.
What do you think the price should be??
Well the analogy is quite simple. Don't overthink it. The college sports analogy is a square bet, Cormier is a square bet. Don't go outside the box on this one.
Betting Daniel Cormier was the squarest bet I have ever seen in MMA. On either side of the counter. The ticket count at major sportsbooks, and the actual dollars bet would corroborate that opinion of mine.
The fight played out as it should have. The squares lost this one, like they do 60% of the time.