• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Bones vs Cormier

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    OnTheO
    sharpstick
    Ferrari29
    Hawky
    esplanade
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3397
    Posts: 54
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 12:44 PM ET #26

    Also, as much as I've talked about this fight, it will still stay within my normal 2 units. You're making a huge mistake, IMO, if you bet some huge portion of your roll on a fight like this.
    Reply
    Also, as much as I've talked about this fight, it will still stay within my normal 2 units. You're making a huge mistake, IMO, if you bet some huge portion of your roll on a fight like this.
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 12:47 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

     You're making a huge mistake, IMO, if you bet some huge portion of your roll on a fight like this.


    Agreed.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

     You're making a huge mistake, IMO, if you bet some huge portion of your roll on a fight like this.


    Agreed.  
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 4:58 PM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:



    Agreed.  


    Douible Agreed!!!!!! Plus it's the first card of the year, no reason to go crazy when in February I will go crazy, lol.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:



    Agreed.  


    Douible Agreed!!!!!! Plus it's the first card of the year, no reason to go crazy when in February I will go crazy, lol.
     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 6:35 PM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    https://www.mmamania.com/2014/12/29/7460353/video-pros-pick-jon-jones-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-182-title-fight-mma

    Right now, that is the only thing I could possibly link. But a majority of the MMA media on Twitter, and forums, are picking Cormier.

    I am not trying to insult anybody by calling it a square bet.  I'll make it clear again, I myself have made many square bets, that have both won and lost.  I am just stating the obvious.  Winning money betting on sports isn't as simple as betting Cormier at +145, when a majority of the MMA world is predicting him to win.  I was on the other side of the counter for over five years, and have seen this song and dance end poorly many times for the majority of the public.

    I have no side in this fight, I am not betting this fight.  I will however be attending live, and can't wait.  Right now, I think it is the biggest fight the UFC can put on, and I am extremely excited for it.  And, to be honest, I really like Cormier as a person better, so I may slightly be rooting for him.


    ya im not a 14 year old girl so i dont follow twitter. but i do analyze sports. keep checking ur twitter feed for jones tweets and you'll be rich in no time
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    https://www.mmamania.com/2014/12/29/7460353/video-pros-pick-jon-jones-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-182-title-fight-mma

    Right now, that is the only thing I could possibly link. But a majority of the MMA media on Twitter, and forums, are picking Cormier.

    I am not trying to insult anybody by calling it a square bet.  I'll make it clear again, I myself have made many square bets, that have both won and lost.  I am just stating the obvious.  Winning money betting on sports isn't as simple as betting Cormier at +145, when a majority of the MMA world is predicting him to win.  I was on the other side of the counter for over five years, and have seen this song and dance end poorly many times for the majority of the public.

    I have no side in this fight, I am not betting this fight.  I will however be attending live, and can't wait.  Right now, I think it is the biggest fight the UFC can put on, and I am extremely excited for it.  And, to be honest, I really like Cormier as a person better, so I may slightly be rooting for him.


    ya im not a 14 year old girl so i dont follow twitter. but i do analyze sports. keep checking ur twitter feed for jones tweets and you'll be rich in no time
     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 6:38 PM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Also, as much as I've talked about this fight, it will still stay within my normal 2 units. You're making a huge mistake, IMO, if you bet some huge portion of your roll on a fight like this.

    dont you hate it when you bet small like babies? do your homework and bet however you want. im not afraid to tell people i bet large on cormier and under 4.5. it's gambling folks, bet how you like
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Also, as much as I've talked about this fight, it will still stay within my normal 2 units. You're making a huge mistake, IMO, if you bet some huge portion of your roll on a fight like this.

    dont you hate it when you bet small like babies? do your homework and bet however you want. im not afraid to tell people i bet large on cormier and under 4.5. it's gambling folks, bet how you like
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 6:42 PM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky:

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Also, as much as I've talked about this fight, it will still stay within my normal 2 units. You're making a huge mistake, IMO, if you bet some huge portion of your roll on a fight like this.
    dont you hate it when you bet small like babies? do your homework and bet however you want. im not afraid to tell people i bet large on cormier and under 4.5. it's gambling folks, bet how you like


    Good luck to you.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky:

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Also, as much as I've talked about this fight, it will still stay within my normal 2 units. You're making a huge mistake, IMO, if you bet some huge portion of your roll on a fight like this.
    dont you hate it when you bet small like babies? do your homework and bet however you want. im not afraid to tell people i bet large on cormier and under 4.5. it's gambling folks, bet how you like


    Good luck to you.
     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 6:46 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    https://www.mmamania.com/2014/12/29/7460353/video-pros-pick-jon-jones-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-182-title-fight-mma

    Right now, that is the only thing I could possibly link. But a majority of the MMA media on Twitter, and forums, are picking Cormier.

    I am not trying to insult anybody by calling it a square bet.  I'll make it clear again, I myself have made many square bets, that have both won and lost.  I am just stating the obvious.  Winning money betting on sports isn't as simple as betting Cormier at +145, when a majority of the MMA world is predicting him to win.  I was on the other side of the counter for over five years, and have seen this song and dance end poorly many times for the majority of the public.

    I have no side in this fight, I am not betting this fight.  I will however be attending live, and can't wait.  Right now, I think it is the biggest fight the UFC can put on, and I am extremely excited for it.  And, to be honest, I really like Cormier as a person better, so I may slightly be rooting for him.


    it's a fight, not a social media contest, even though ur winning. u already said ur on both sides, so i can tell you are the worst person to be around for any sport. be dead now
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    https://www.mmamania.com/2014/12/29/7460353/video-pros-pick-jon-jones-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-182-title-fight-mma

    Right now, that is the only thing I could possibly link. But a majority of the MMA media on Twitter, and forums, are picking Cormier.

    I am not trying to insult anybody by calling it a square bet.  I'll make it clear again, I myself have made many square bets, that have both won and lost.  I am just stating the obvious.  Winning money betting on sports isn't as simple as betting Cormier at +145, when a majority of the MMA world is predicting him to win.  I was on the other side of the counter for over five years, and have seen this song and dance end poorly many times for the majority of the public.

    I have no side in this fight, I am not betting this fight.  I will however be attending live, and can't wait.  Right now, I think it is the biggest fight the UFC can put on, and I am extremely excited for it.  And, to be honest, I really like Cormier as a person better, so I may slightly be rooting for him.


    it's a fight, not a social media contest, even though ur winning. u already said ur on both sides, so i can tell you are the worst person to be around for any sport. be dead now
     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 6:50 PM ET #33

    Good luck to you. [/Quote]


    i wasnt bashing you. let's make some money
    Reply
    Good luck to you. [/Quote]


    i wasnt bashing you. let's make some money
     
    esplanade
    esplanade
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 9021
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 8:57 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    The fact that you have to ask why it is square, is a bad sign about your betting habits.

    When 85% of the people on this forum, the experts on websites, the fighters themselves are picking a fighter, and that fighter is a +145 underdog, you're making a square bet.  Pretty cut and dry.

    That doesn't mean squares don't win.  If they never won a bet, the sportsbooks wouldn't stay in business.  And, that also doesn't mean I have never made a square bet.  I've made square bets that have won, and square bets that have lost.  But, if I am making a square bet, I can recognize it, something it doesn't appear you can do.

    Trust me, betting sports isn't as easy as betting Cormier at +145 when a majority of the people you ask are predicting him.  


    There's no question you know mma, but you set up a strawman here. I don't agree with your percentages at all. Lots of people are picking Jones and "sports betting isn't as easy" as betting the dominant "effectively unbeaten" and seldom challenged champion at a short price.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    The fact that you have to ask why it is square, is a bad sign about your betting habits.

    When 85% of the people on this forum, the experts on websites, the fighters themselves are picking a fighter, and that fighter is a +145 underdog, you're making a square bet.  Pretty cut and dry.

    That doesn't mean squares don't win.  If they never won a bet, the sportsbooks wouldn't stay in business.  And, that also doesn't mean I have never made a square bet.  I've made square bets that have won, and square bets that have lost.  But, if I am making a square bet, I can recognize it, something it doesn't appear you can do.

    Trust me, betting sports isn't as easy as betting Cormier at +145 when a majority of the people you ask are predicting him.  


    There's no question you know mma, but you set up a strawman here. I don't agree with your percentages at all. Lots of people are picking Jones and "sports betting isn't as easy" as betting the dominant "effectively unbeaten" and seldom challenged champion at a short price.
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2014 - 1:36 AM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by esplanade:



    There's no question you know mma, but you set up a strawman here. I don't agree with your percentages at all. Lots of people are picking Jones and "sports betting isn't as easy" as betting the dominant "effectively unbeaten" and seldom challenged champion at a short price.

    I am not suggesting anyone go out and lay -165 on Jones.  However, I can assure you that laying -165 is much more difficult than walking into a book and taking +135.  And, if you're here to convince yourself otherwise, anything I could type here probably wouldn't be of help to you.

    No strawman here.  This is effectively the same situation as the unranked team being favored in college sports.  Some bets are more square than others.  The ranked underdog, and Daniel Cormier in this fight both happen to be at the top of that totem pole.

    There is nothing wrong with making a square bet......
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by esplanade:



    There's no question you know mma, but you set up a strawman here. I don't agree with your percentages at all. Lots of people are picking Jones and "sports betting isn't as easy" as betting the dominant "effectively unbeaten" and seldom challenged champion at a short price.

    I am not suggesting anyone go out and lay -165 on Jones.  However, I can assure you that laying -165 is much more difficult than walking into a book and taking +135.  And, if you're here to convince yourself otherwise, anything I could type here probably wouldn't be of help to you.

    No strawman here.  This is effectively the same situation as the unranked team being favored in college sports.  Some bets are more square than others.  The ranked underdog, and Daniel Cormier in this fight both happen to be at the top of that totem pole.

    There is nothing wrong with making a square bet......
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2014 - 1:38 AM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky:


    it's a fight, not a social media contest, even though ur winning. u already said ur on both sides, so i can tell you are the worst person to be around for any sport. be dead now

    Not on both sides.  My only opinion on this fight is to NOT bet Daniel Cormier.

    But it doesn't matter, according to you this fight won't happen.....  And since you would be rich off predicting fights that get canceled, we can all stop discussing this fight now.

    Show is over fellas.  Hawky predicted this fight as not happening.  That is as good as gold....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky:


    it's a fight, not a social media contest, even though ur winning. u already said ur on both sides, so i can tell you are the worst person to be around for any sport. be dead now

    Not on both sides.  My only opinion on this fight is to NOT bet Daniel Cormier.

    But it doesn't matter, according to you this fight won't happen.....  And since you would be rich off predicting fights that get canceled, we can all stop discussing this fight now.

    Show is over fellas.  Hawky predicted this fight as not happening.  That is as good as gold....
     
    esplanade
    esplanade
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 9021
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2014 - 2:14 AM ET #37

    I just think your analogies are badly flawed. I don't see a correlation between an unranked team being favored over a ranked team and Jones @ -170 vs Cormier.

    For the record, I don't have a play on the fight either, but I just don't see your "square" label as fitting. I also don't think taking the challenger without  a signature win in the weight class is easier at a + price than going with the dominant champ as a slight to moderate favorite.

    What do you think the price should be??


    Reply
    I just think your analogies are badly flawed. I don't see a correlation between an unranked team being favored over a ranked team and Jones @ -170 vs Cormier.

    For the record, I don't have a play on the fight either, but I just don't see your "square" label as fitting. I also don't think taking the challenger without  a signature win in the weight class is easier at a + price than going with the dominant champ as a slight to moderate favorite.

    What do you think the price should be??


     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2014 - 4:07 AM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    Not on both sides.  My only opinion on this fight is to NOT bet Daniel Cormier.

    But it doesn't matter, according to you this fight won't happen.....  And since you would be rich off predicting fights that get canceled, we can all stop discussing this fight now.

    Show is over fellas.  Hawky predicted this fight as not happening.  That is as good as gold....

    i said 'i wouldnt be surprised if he backed out, even after weigh ins'. good try though! punk bit ch
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    Not on both sides.  My only opinion on this fight is to NOT bet Daniel Cormier.

    But it doesn't matter, according to you this fight won't happen.....  And since you would be rich off predicting fights that get canceled, we can all stop discussing this fight now.

    Show is over fellas.  Hawky predicted this fight as not happening.  That is as good as gold....

    i said 'i wouldnt be surprised if he backed out, even after weigh ins'. good try though! punk bit ch
     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2014 - 4:09 AM ET #39

    'just another piece of sh it' - black dhalia murder
    Reply
    'just another piece of sh it' - black dhalia murder
     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2014 - 4:13 AM ET #40

    they found a replacement for dillishaw title rematch IN HIS HOMETOWN the day before fight from undercard. i wouldnt be surprised if bones made it SOO late that there can be no chance of the fight happening to be that big of a di ck. the wait it is on. come fight time let's start a live forum and argue/live bet
    Reply
    they found a replacement for dillishaw title rematch IN HIS HOMETOWN the day before fight from undercard. i wouldnt be surprised if bones made it SOO late that there can be no chance of the fight happening to be that big of a di ck. the wait it is on. come fight time let's start a live forum and argue/live bet
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2014 - 5:16 AM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    https://www.mmamania.com/2014/12/29/7460353/video-pros-pick-jon-jones-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-182-title-fight-mma

    Right now, that is the only thing I could possibly link. But a majority of the MMA media on Twitter, and forums, are picking Cormier.

    I am not trying to insult anybody by calling it a square bet.  I'll make it clear again, I myself have made many square bets, that have both won and lost.  I am just stating the obvious.  Winning money betting on sports isn't as simple as betting Cormier at +145, when a majority of the MMA world is predicting him to win.  I was on the other side of the counter for over five years, and have seen this song and dance end poorly many times for the majority of the public.

    I have no side in this fight, I am not betting this fight.  I will however be attending live, and can't wait.  Right now, I think it is the biggest fight the UFC can put on, and I am extremely excited for it.  And, to be honest, I really like Cormier as a person better, so I may slightly be rooting for him.

    ...U are going to fight ,like DC and not betting on it?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    https://www.mmamania.com/2014/12/29/7460353/video-pros-pick-jon-jones-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-182-title-fight-mma

    Right now, that is the only thing I could possibly link. But a majority of the MMA media on Twitter, and forums, are picking Cormier.

    I am not trying to insult anybody by calling it a square bet.  I'll make it clear again, I myself have made many square bets, that have both won and lost.  I am just stating the obvious.  Winning money betting on sports isn't as simple as betting Cormier at +145, when a majority of the MMA world is predicting him to win.  I was on the other side of the counter for over five years, and have seen this song and dance end poorly many times for the majority of the public.

    I have no side in this fight, I am not betting this fight.  I will however be attending live, and can't wait.  Right now, I think it is the biggest fight the UFC can put on, and I am extremely excited for it.  And, to be honest, I really like Cormier as a person better, so I may slightly be rooting for him.

    ...U are going to fight ,like DC and not betting on it?
     
    Vicente_
    Vicente_
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 1227
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2014 - 9:59 AM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by IceBelly:

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    I like Jones to win this fight.  Let the squares eat up DC, and lay a low number close to fight time.  Although, I won't be betting it, I think anyone betting Jones should wait.  As the squares arrive in Vegas, that number should shrink.
    Please tell me how betting on Cormier is a square play?This guy has been fighting legit huge heavyweights his entire career and is undefeated and not even lost a single round.Jones has never faced a guy this good thats this strong and purely in his prime.I think this fight will really show the difference in power and strength between light heavies and heavyweights.I actually could see this fight ended up very much like the Cain vs JDS fights.I'm actually predicting Jones to get knocked out.


    That's a bold prediction. I dint think he gets KOd
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBelly:

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    I like Jones to win this fight.  Let the squares eat up DC, and lay a low number close to fight time.  Although, I won't be betting it, I think anyone betting Jones should wait.  As the squares arrive in Vegas, that number should shrink.
    Please tell me how betting on Cormier is a square play?This guy has been fighting legit huge heavyweights his entire career and is undefeated and not even lost a single round.Jones has never faced a guy this good thats this strong and purely in his prime.I think this fight will really show the difference in power and strength between light heavies and heavyweights.I actually could see this fight ended up very much like the Cain vs JDS fights.I'm actually predicting Jones to get knocked out.


    That's a bold prediction. I dint think he gets KOd
     
    alepaccola75
    alepaccola75
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 818
    Posted: Jan. 2, 2015 - 9:38 PM ET #43

    Cormier all the way
    Reply
    Cormier all the way
     
    dawgs777
    dawgs777
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 1796
    Posted: Jan. 2, 2015 - 10:50 PM ET #44

    cormier will get ko'd 1st round.

    Reply

    cormier will get ko'd 1st round.

     
    SURFSUP
    SURFSUP
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3203
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 12:03 AM ET #45

    This will be a violent fight with huge strikes raining down. The longer that fight goes I think it benefits DC wrestling/ground & pound style. IMO JBJ is one of the greatest fighters of all time but outside of the octagon he's a phony. I hope DC slap the taste out of his mouth. Get'm DC 
    Reply
    This will be a violent fight with huge strikes raining down. The longer that fight goes I think it benefits DC wrestling/ground & pound style. IMO JBJ is one of the greatest fighters of all time but outside of the octagon he's a phony. I hope DC slap the taste out of his mouth. Get'm DC 
     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 1:49 AM ET #46

    im your huckleberry
    Reply
    im your huckleberry
     
    Vicente_
    Vicente_
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 1227
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 10:18 AM ET #47

    Jones won't be knocked out. If he loses its by decision.
    Reply
    Jones won't be knocked out. If he loses its by decision.
     
    diz44
    diz44
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2013
    Posts: 216
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 11:48 AM ET #48

    Lol  hope everyone bets Daniel so odds keep coming down I have bet John Jones 3times already because odds coming down MJ vs Charles Barkley try try u might but no chance

    Reply

    Lol  hope everyone bets Daniel so odds keep coming down I have bet John Jones 3times already because odds coming down MJ vs Charles Barkley try try u might but no chance

     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 11:49 AM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicente_:

    Jones won't be knocked out. If he loses its by decision.


    Even better we have Val Kilmer vs. Tom Cruise!!!!!!! If nothing else Val can sing some Doors music while Tom pours us some Cocktails!!!!!! Pretty good eh!!!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicente_:

    Jones won't be knocked out. If he loses its by decision.


    Even better we have Val Kilmer vs. Tom Cruise!!!!!!! If nothing else Val can sing some Doors music while Tom pours us some Cocktails!!!!!! Pretty good eh!!!!!!
     
     
    SURFSUP
    SURFSUP
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3203
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 4:20 PM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky:

    im your huckleberry

    Don't eff with Doc 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky:

    im your huckleberry

    Don't eff with Doc 
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,285
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,467
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,689
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,257
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 123
    • Trump's legacy? 32,960
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,152
    • Trump lies so much. 22,910

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.