• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Bones vs Cormier

    123 Next Last»
    Howdoiplayxx
    UndertakerNS
    OnTheO
    podsox
    NeverMind
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3397
    Posts: 54
    123 Next Last»
     
    Howdoiplayxx
    Howdoiplayxx
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2808
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2014 - 5:57 PM ET #1

    can someone stop me from unloading on jones -170? i think hes too smart for cormier and with 5 rounds he will figure out what needs to be done assuming cormier is going to apply his grapplefcknique to JBJ

    hmmmmmm
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    can someone stop me from unloading on jones -170? i think hes too smart for cormier and with 5 rounds he will figure out what needs to be done assuming cormier is going to apply his grapplefcknique to JBJ

    hmmmmmm
     
    UndertakerNS
    UndertakerNS
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 295
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2014 - 9:14 PM ET #2

    Bones is finally gonna get tagged good.
    Reply
    Bones is finally gonna get tagged good.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2014 - 10:39 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by UndertakerNS:

    Bones is finally gonna get tagged good.


    Yep. It'll also be one of the only times in his career where he's facing someone of similar strength. Remember, a lot of Jon's career has been spent fighting natural middleweights - Shogun, Machida, Rashad, Chael, Vitor. Meanwhile, DC was lifting and tossing Josh Barnett, Soa Palelei and Bigfoot Silva.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by UndertakerNS:

    Bones is finally gonna get tagged good.


    Yep. It'll also be one of the only times in his career where he's facing someone of similar strength. Remember, a lot of Jon's career has been spent fighting natural middleweights - Shogun, Machida, Rashad, Chael, Vitor. Meanwhile, DC was lifting and tossing Josh Barnett, Soa Palelei and Bigfoot Silva.
     
    podsox
    podsox
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2014 - 1:53 AM ET #4

    jones is so tempting to pound but bad feeling cormier lay and prays to victory

    Reply

    jones is so tempting to pound but bad feeling cormier lay and prays to victory

     
    NeverMind
    NeverMind
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 3060
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2014 - 2:15 AM ET #5

    Cormier will KO JJ. 
    Reply
    Cormier will KO JJ. 
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2014 - 5:15 PM ET #6

    I'll be on Jones!!!!!!!
    Reply
    I'll be on Jones!!!!!!!
     
    JimGunn
    JimGunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2014 - 6:29 PM ET #7

    I think the over 4½ rounds prop is the best bet on this fight at -120. I think I'm just going to play that pre-fight and live bet the result depending on how it looks. 
    Reply
    I think the over 4½ rounds prop is the best bet on this fight at -120. I think I'm just going to play that pre-fight and live bet the result depending on how it looks. 
     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2014 - 3:18 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverMind:

    Cormier will KO JJ. 

    i think this is correct. hope it's ugly
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverMind:

    Cormier will KO JJ. 

    i think this is correct. hope it's ugly
     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2014 - 3:19 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:

    I think the over 4½ rounds prop is the best bet on this fight at -120. I think I'm just going to play that pre-fight and live bet the result depending on how it looks. 

    i think the under is too easy in this fight
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:

    I think the over 4½ rounds prop is the best bet on this fight at -120. I think I'm just going to play that pre-fight and live bet the result depending on how it looks. 

    i think the under is too easy in this fight
     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2014 - 3:19 PM ET #10

    oh ya, if jones doesnt find a way to back out again. fuckin box
    Reply
    oh ya, if jones doesnt find a way to back out again. fuckin box
     
    Vicente_
    Vicente_
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 1227
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2014 - 12:58 PM ET #11

    In my opinion it'll go down the following way

    1. Jones wins Tko or Ko

    2. Cormier wins by decision.
    Reply
    In my opinion it'll go down the following way

    1. Jones wins Tko or Ko

    2. Cormier wins by decision.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2014 - 5:59 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicente_:

    In my opinion it'll go down the following way1. Jones wins Tko or Ko2. Cormier wins by decision.


    Who has Jones KO'd? He has TKO'd guys he has a massive size/strength advantage over - Shogun, Chael - but he hasn't ever really KO'd anyone. Cormier has taken good shots from Mir, Bigfoot, Hendo, Big Country and has never really been rocked from what I remember.

    I see the most likely scenarios as: Cormier by decision (controls clinch and takedowns), Jones by decision (controls from range), Cormier by TKO/KO (GnP or big shot), Jones by Sub (nasty key lock vs Vitor), Jones by TKO (overwhelms), Cormier by sub (would totally shock me).

    With this, I obviously also agree with JimGunn.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicente_:

    In my opinion it'll go down the following way1. Jones wins Tko or Ko2. Cormier wins by decision.


    Who has Jones KO'd? He has TKO'd guys he has a massive size/strength advantage over - Shogun, Chael - but he hasn't ever really KO'd anyone. Cormier has taken good shots from Mir, Bigfoot, Hendo, Big Country and has never really been rocked from what I remember.

    I see the most likely scenarios as: Cormier by decision (controls clinch and takedowns), Jones by decision (controls from range), Cormier by TKO/KO (GnP or big shot), Jones by Sub (nasty key lock vs Vitor), Jones by TKO (overwhelms), Cormier by sub (would totally shock me).

    With this, I obviously also agree with JimGunn.
     
    Vicente_
    Vicente_
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 1227
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2014 - 11:11 PM ET #13

    If Cormier wins there's no doubt to me that it will be by decision via body control, take downs and dominant positions.

    I don't see Jones winning by decision here because while he can outstrike from distance, Cormier will clinch him and not allow himself to sit and be struck from distance.
    Reply
    If Cormier wins there's no doubt to me that it will be by decision via body control, take downs and dominant positions.

    I don't see Jones winning by decision here because while he can outstrike from distance, Cormier will clinch him and not allow himself to sit and be struck from distance.
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 12:35 AM ET #14

    I like Jones to win this fight.  Let the squares eat up DC, and lay a low number close to fight time.  

    Although, I won't be betting it, I think anyone betting Jones should wait.  As the squares arrive in Vegas, that number should shrink.
    Reply
    I like Jones to win this fight.  Let the squares eat up DC, and lay a low number close to fight time.  

    Although, I won't be betting it, I think anyone betting Jones should wait.  As the squares arrive in Vegas, that number should shrink.
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 2:28 AM ET #15

    And New Light Heavyweight Champion of The World- Daniel Cormier Easy fing money.
    Reply
    And New Light Heavyweight Champion of The World- Daniel Cormier Easy fing money.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 11:48 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    I like Jones to win this fight.  Let the squares eat up DC, and lay a low number close to fight time.  

    Although, I won't be betting it, I think anyone betting Jones should wait.  As the squares arrive in Vegas, that number should shrink.


    That's what I'm waiting on sir!!!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    I like Jones to win this fight.  Let the squares eat up DC, and lay a low number close to fight time.  

    Although, I won't be betting it, I think anyone betting Jones should wait.  As the squares arrive in Vegas, that number should shrink.


    That's what I'm waiting on sir!!!!!!
     
    IceBelly
    IceBelly
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 29
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 12:37 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    I like Jones to win this fight.  Let the squares eat up DC, and lay a low number close to fight time.  

    Although, I won't be betting it, I think anyone betting Jones should wait.  As the squares arrive in Vegas, that number should shrink.

    Please tell me how betting on Cormier is a square play?

    This guy has been fighting legit huge heavyweights his entire career and is undefeated and not even lost a single round.

    Jones has never faced a guy this good thats this strong and purely in his prime.

    I think this fight will really show the difference in power and strength between light heavies and heavyweights.

    I actually could see this fight ended up very much like the Cain vs JDS fights.

    I'm actually predicting Jones to get knocked out.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    I like Jones to win this fight.  Let the squares eat up DC, and lay a low number close to fight time.  

    Although, I won't be betting it, I think anyone betting Jones should wait.  As the squares arrive in Vegas, that number should shrink.

    Please tell me how betting on Cormier is a square play?

    This guy has been fighting legit huge heavyweights his entire career and is undefeated and not even lost a single round.

    Jones has never faced a guy this good thats this strong and purely in his prime.

    I think this fight will really show the difference in power and strength between light heavies and heavyweights.

    I actually could see this fight ended up very much like the Cain vs JDS fights.

    I'm actually predicting Jones to get knocked out.
     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 12:42 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by IceBelly:


    Please tell me how betting on Cormier is a square play?

    This guy has been fighting legit huge heavyweights his entire career and is undefeated and not even lost a single round.

    Jones has never faced a guy this good thats this strong and purely in his prime.

    I think this fight will really show the difference in power and strength between light heavies and heavyweights.

    I actually could see this fight ended up very much like the Cain vs JDS fights.

    I'm actually predicting Jones to get knocked out.

    ya this guy came on my thread, too. Thinking he knows about fighting. I'll still be surprised if bones doesnt fake another injury. TAKE THE UNDER
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBelly:


    Please tell me how betting on Cormier is a square play?

    This guy has been fighting legit huge heavyweights his entire career and is undefeated and not even lost a single round.

    Jones has never faced a guy this good thats this strong and purely in his prime.

    I think this fight will really show the difference in power and strength between light heavies and heavyweights.

    I actually could see this fight ended up very much like the Cain vs JDS fights.

    I'm actually predicting Jones to get knocked out.

    ya this guy came on my thread, too. Thinking he knows about fighting. I'll still be surprised if bones doesnt fake another injury. TAKE THE UNDER
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 10:25 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by IceBelly:


    Please tell me how betting on Cormier is a square play?

    This guy has been fighting legit huge heavyweights his entire career and is undefeated and not even lost a single round.

    Jones has never faced a guy this good thats this strong and purely in his prime.

    I think this fight will really show the difference in power and strength between light heavies and heavyweights.

    I actually could see this fight ended up very much like the Cain vs JDS fights.

    I'm actually predicting Jones to get knocked out.

    The fact that you have to ask why it is square, is a bad sign about your betting habits.

    When 85% of the people on this forum, the experts on websites, the fighters themselves are picking a fighter, and that fighter is a +145 underdog, you're making a square bet.  Pretty cut and dry.

    That doesn't mean squares don't win.  If they never won a bet, the sportsbooks wouldn't stay in business.  And, that also doesn't mean I have never made a square bet.  I've made square bets that have won, and square bets that have lost.  But, if I am making a square bet, I can recognize it, something it doesn't appear you can do.

    Trust me, betting sports isn't as easy as betting Cormier at +145 when a majority of the people you ask are predicting him.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBelly:


    Please tell me how betting on Cormier is a square play?

    This guy has been fighting legit huge heavyweights his entire career and is undefeated and not even lost a single round.

    Jones has never faced a guy this good thats this strong and purely in his prime.

    I think this fight will really show the difference in power and strength between light heavies and heavyweights.

    I actually could see this fight ended up very much like the Cain vs JDS fights.

    I'm actually predicting Jones to get knocked out.

    The fact that you have to ask why it is square, is a bad sign about your betting habits.

    When 85% of the people on this forum, the experts on websites, the fighters themselves are picking a fighter, and that fighter is a +145 underdog, you're making a square bet.  Pretty cut and dry.

    That doesn't mean squares don't win.  If they never won a bet, the sportsbooks wouldn't stay in business.  And, that also doesn't mean I have never made a square bet.  I've made square bets that have won, and square bets that have lost.  But, if I am making a square bet, I can recognize it, something it doesn't appear you can do.

    Trust me, betting sports isn't as easy as betting Cormier at +145 when a majority of the people you ask are predicting him.  
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 10:27 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky:


    ya this guy came on my thread, too. Thinking he knows about fighting. I'll still be surprised if bones doesnt fake another injury. TAKE THE UNDER

    You, are just a total idiot.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky:


    ya this guy came on my thread, too. Thinking he knows about fighting. I'll still be surprised if bones doesnt fake another injury. TAKE THE UNDER

    You, are just a total idiot.  
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 11:11 AM ET #21

    Hey sharp, do you have any sources showing majority of experts/fighters are picking DC? Not doubting, just interested.

    For the most part, I've seen it pretty split. The major forums have lots of guys who will be eating some huge plates of crow on Sunday.

    And the line is pretty stagnant. DC sat at +145 for several months, popped up to +160 or so for less than a week, and then settled back to +145 or so. That doesn't tell me much. You?
    Reply
    Hey sharp, do you have any sources showing majority of experts/fighters are picking DC? Not doubting, just interested.

    For the most part, I've seen it pretty split. The major forums have lots of guys who will be eating some huge plates of crow on Sunday.

    And the line is pretty stagnant. DC sat at +145 for several months, popped up to +160 or so for less than a week, and then settled back to +145 or so. That doesn't tell me much. You?
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 11:39 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Hey sharp, do you have any sources showing majority of experts/fighters are picking DC? Not doubting, just interested.

    For the most part, I've seen it pretty split. The major forums have lots of guys who will be eating some huge plates of crow on Sunday.

    And the line is pretty stagnant. DC sat at +145 for several months, popped up to +160 or so for less than a week, and then settled back to +145 or so. That doesn't tell me much. You?



    Hey O, what are the major forums saying????? I only read what betters are gonna do with this fight. It looks like Covers has gotting taking over by a few Sherdog guys who just blast Jones or Cormier but aren't laying any cheese on the fight!!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Hey sharp, do you have any sources showing majority of experts/fighters are picking DC? Not doubting, just interested.

    For the most part, I've seen it pretty split. The major forums have lots of guys who will be eating some huge plates of crow on Sunday.

    And the line is pretty stagnant. DC sat at +145 for several months, popped up to +160 or so for less than a week, and then settled back to +145 or so. That doesn't tell me much. You?



    Hey O, what are the major forums saying????? I only read what betters are gonna do with this fight. It looks like Covers has gotting taking over by a few Sherdog guys who just blast Jones or Cormier but aren't laying any cheese on the fight!!!!!
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 12:14 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Hey sharp, do you have any sources showing majority of experts/fighters are picking DC? Not doubting, just interested.

    For the most part, I've seen it pretty split. The major forums have lots of guys who will be eating some huge plates of crow on Sunday.

    And the line is pretty stagnant. DC sat at +145 for several months, popped up to +160 or so for less than a week, and then settled back to +145 or so. That doesn't tell me much. You?

    https://www.mmamania.com/2014/12/29/7460353/video-pros-pick-jon-jones-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-182-title-fight-mma

    Right now, that is the only thing I could possibly link. But a majority of the MMA media on Twitter, and forums, are picking Cormier.

    I am not trying to insult anybody by calling it a square bet.  I'll make it clear again, I myself have made many square bets, that have both won and lost.  I am just stating the obvious.  Winning money betting on sports isn't as simple as betting Cormier at +145, when a majority of the MMA world is predicting him to win.  I was on the other side of the counter for over five years, and have seen this song and dance end poorly many times for the majority of the public.

    I have no side in this fight, I am not betting this fight.  I will however be attending live, and can't wait.  Right now, I think it is the biggest fight the UFC can put on, and I am extremely excited for it.  And, to be honest, I really like Cormier as a person better, so I may slightly be rooting for him.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Hey sharp, do you have any sources showing majority of experts/fighters are picking DC? Not doubting, just interested.

    For the most part, I've seen it pretty split. The major forums have lots of guys who will be eating some huge plates of crow on Sunday.

    And the line is pretty stagnant. DC sat at +145 for several months, popped up to +160 or so for less than a week, and then settled back to +145 or so. That doesn't tell me much. You?

    https://www.mmamania.com/2014/12/29/7460353/video-pros-pick-jon-jones-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-182-title-fight-mma

    Right now, that is the only thing I could possibly link. But a majority of the MMA media on Twitter, and forums, are picking Cormier.

    I am not trying to insult anybody by calling it a square bet.  I'll make it clear again, I myself have made many square bets, that have both won and lost.  I am just stating the obvious.  Winning money betting on sports isn't as simple as betting Cormier at +145, when a majority of the MMA world is predicting him to win.  I was on the other side of the counter for over five years, and have seen this song and dance end poorly many times for the majority of the public.

    I have no side in this fight, I am not betting this fight.  I will however be attending live, and can't wait.  Right now, I think it is the biggest fight the UFC can put on, and I am extremely excited for it.  And, to be honest, I really like Cormier as a person better, so I may slightly be rooting for him.

     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 12:34 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Hey sharp, do you have any sources showing majority of experts/fighters are picking DC? Not doubting, just interested.For the most part, I've seen it pretty split. The major forums have lots of guys who will be eating some huge plates of crow on Sunday. And the line is pretty stagnant. DC sat at +145 for several months, popped up to +160 or so for less than a week, and then settled back to +145 or so. That doesn't tell me much. You?
    Hey O, what are the major forums saying????? I only read what betters are gonna do with this fight. It looks like Covers has gotting taking over by a few Sherdog guys who just blast Jones or Cormier but aren't laying any cheese on the fight!!!!!


    I've seen it pretty well split with the Bones supporters citing his creativity and range as the key to the win and the DC supporters echoing what I've been saying. The most convincing breakdown I've seen for Bones compared DC to Rashad and basically said what Rashad lacked in size/strength in his fight compared to DC, DC lacks in speed compared to Rashad. Interesting, but not enough to make me change my tune.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Hey sharp, do you have any sources showing majority of experts/fighters are picking DC? Not doubting, just interested.For the most part, I've seen it pretty split. The major forums have lots of guys who will be eating some huge plates of crow on Sunday. And the line is pretty stagnant. DC sat at +145 for several months, popped up to +160 or so for less than a week, and then settled back to +145 or so. That doesn't tell me much. You?
    Hey O, what are the major forums saying????? I only read what betters are gonna do with this fight. It looks like Covers has gotting taking over by a few Sherdog guys who just blast Jones or Cormier but aren't laying any cheese on the fight!!!!!


    I've seen it pretty well split with the Bones supporters citing his creativity and range as the key to the win and the DC supporters echoing what I've been saying. The most convincing breakdown I've seen for Bones compared DC to Rashad and basically said what Rashad lacked in size/strength in his fight compared to DC, DC lacks in speed compared to Rashad. Interesting, but not enough to make me change my tune.
     
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 12:39 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Hey sharp, do you have any sources showing majority of experts/fighters are picking DC? Not doubting, just interested.For the most part, I've seen it pretty split. The major forums have lots of guys who will be eating some huge plates of crow on Sunday. And the line is pretty stagnant. DC sat at +145 for several months, popped up to +160 or so for less than a week, and then settled back to +145 or so. That doesn't tell me much. You?
    https://www.mmamania.com/2014/12/29/7460353/video-pros-pick-jon-jones-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-182-title-fight-mmaRight now, that is the only thing I could possibly link. But a majority of the MMA media on Twitter, and forums, are picking Cormier.I am not trying to insult anybody by calling it a square bet.  I'll make it clear again, I myself have made many square bets, that have both won and lost.  I am just stating the obvious.  Winning money betting on sports isn't as simple as betting Cormier at +145, when a majority of the MMA world is predicting him to win.  I was on the other side of the counter for over five years, and have seen this song and dance end poorly many times for the majority of the public.I have no side in this fight, I am not betting this fight.  I will however be attending live, and can't wait.  Right now, I think it is the biggest fight the UFC can put on, and I am extremely excited for it.  And, to be honest, I really like Cormier as a person better, so I may slightly be rooting for him.


    Thanks man, I'll take a look at that.

    And I take no offense to the square/sharp talk. At one point in my life, I bet basically all anti-public and RLM and the edge was tiny with my experience. That's also why I don't bet many other sports - I don't have the time to breakdown all the variables in a team sport. Since mma is a huge part of my life, I naturally follow it anyway.

    I also agree with the excitement for this fight. I can't freaking wait. Have fun at the event,
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Hey sharp, do you have any sources showing majority of experts/fighters are picking DC? Not doubting, just interested.For the most part, I've seen it pretty split. The major forums have lots of guys who will be eating some huge plates of crow on Sunday. And the line is pretty stagnant. DC sat at +145 for several months, popped up to +160 or so for less than a week, and then settled back to +145 or so. That doesn't tell me much. You?
    https://www.mmamania.com/2014/12/29/7460353/video-pros-pick-jon-jones-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-182-title-fight-mmaRight now, that is the only thing I could possibly link. But a majority of the MMA media on Twitter, and forums, are picking Cormier.I am not trying to insult anybody by calling it a square bet.  I'll make it clear again, I myself have made many square bets, that have both won and lost.  I am just stating the obvious.  Winning money betting on sports isn't as simple as betting Cormier at +145, when a majority of the MMA world is predicting him to win.  I was on the other side of the counter for over five years, and have seen this song and dance end poorly many times for the majority of the public.I have no side in this fight, I am not betting this fight.  I will however be attending live, and can't wait.  Right now, I think it is the biggest fight the UFC can put on, and I am extremely excited for it.  And, to be honest, I really like Cormier as a person better, so I may slightly be rooting for him.


    Thanks man, I'll take a look at that.

    And I take no offense to the square/sharp talk. At one point in my life, I bet basically all anti-public and RLM and the edge was tiny with my experience. That's also why I don't bet many other sports - I don't have the time to breakdown all the variables in a team sport. Since mma is a huge part of my life, I naturally follow it anyway.

    I also agree with the excitement for this fight. I can't freaking wait. Have fun at the event,
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,280
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,462
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,668
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,257
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 122
    • Trump's legacy? 32,960
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,142
    • Trump lies so much. 22,910

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.