• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    March Stock Implosion Thread

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    G8RB8
    LeRinkRat
    claycourtlesson
    wallstreetcappers
    Vermeer
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2923
    Posts: 68
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    G8RB8
    G8RB8
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 30086
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2009 - 1:06 PM ET #26

    page 2
    Bagel Sandwiches Suck
    Reply
    page 2
     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2009 - 1:30 PM ET #27

    Keeping GM afloat only supports a small business segment and a bloated union.
     
    a small business segmet, A SMALL BUSINESS SEGMENT?  MILLIONS of decent paying JOBS not just with their own operatons but with suppliers, vendors and their dealerships is a SMALL BUSINESS SEGMET? hell, just their air and ground transportation of components to and from assembly plants is hundreds of thousands of JOBS.  
     
    and just WHAT the FUCK does AIG bring to the table? their a fucking INSURANCE COMPANY. there are other insurance companies that will PICK UP the BUSINESS. what the FUCK is their "investments"? GM and other manufacturers have BILLIONS invested in production equipment. what does AIG have? a building, some computers and (don't forget) their 8 Gulfstreams and a fucking helicopter? they only MOVE MONEY AROUND and actually produce NOTHING.
     
    AND their so called "insurance" is WORTHLESS.
     
    I don't think AIG going under would be any more "MONSTEROUS" to the market than we have already seen.
     
     
    Reply
    Keeping GM afloat only supports a small business segment and a bloated union.
     
    a small business segmet, A SMALL BUSINESS SEGMENT?  MILLIONS of decent paying JOBS not just with their own operatons but with suppliers, vendors and their dealerships is a SMALL BUSINESS SEGMET? hell, just their air and ground transportation of components to and from assembly plants is hundreds of thousands of JOBS.  
     
    and just WHAT the FUCK does AIG bring to the table? their a fucking INSURANCE COMPANY. there are other insurance companies that will PICK UP the BUSINESS. what the FUCK is their "investments"? GM and other manufacturers have BILLIONS invested in production equipment. what does AIG have? a building, some computers and (don't forget) their 8 Gulfstreams and a fucking helicopter? they only MOVE MONEY AROUND and actually produce NOTHING.
     
    AND their so called "insurance" is WORTHLESS.
     
    I don't think AIG going under would be any more "MONSTEROUS" to the market than we have already seen.
     
     
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2009 - 7:50 PM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by depeche2:

    clay, what exactly is the best way to buy bars of gold and take physical ownership.  I mean, there isn't exactly the corner gold store.  I've tried to research this and I've always come away simply confused.  Got any simple how-to instructions on this while getting a fair price, or a link to such info? 

    Not a problem, Depeche.  I got mine through a contact in South Africa----The Republic of South Africa, that is.

    The futures are rubbish----you got to own the real thing.

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by depeche2:

    clay, what exactly is the best way to buy bars of gold and take physical ownership.  I mean, there isn't exactly the corner gold store.  I've tried to research this and I've always come away simply confused.  Got any simple how-to instructions on this while getting a fair price, or a link to such info? 

    Not a problem, Depeche.  I got mine through a contact in South Africa----The Republic of South Africa, that is.

    The futures are rubbish----you got to own the real thing.

     

     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2009 - 7:57 PM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    CC,

    That just isnt practical to me at all, what are you going to do lug all that gold when you move, barter trade it for groceries?

    If you guys who are destruction bears like gold, what good will it be to hold if things go that badly?

    WSC-

    Owning physical gold isn't as daunting as you may think.  Look it, man, 10ozs of gold is less than a pound.  Spot gold is about 940ish an ounce.

    Even if you put 1 million dollars in to gold bullion at current spot, that would be about 70ish lbs of actual gold if you took the physical ownership.

    70 lbs isn't that much.  I got enough crap like books and s--t that weighs a hell of a lot more than 70 lbs, unfortunately.

    You know as well as I that inflation, and I mean rampant hyperinflation, is coming down the pike. 

    I believe spot gold by EOY of '14 will be close to 4,000 rocks an ounce.  That would beat 250% inflation, which I see coming.

    The best thing that ever happened to W Bush was farking "Barack Obama."

     

    Barack Obama

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    CC,

    That just isnt practical to me at all, what are you going to do lug all that gold when you move, barter trade it for groceries?

    If you guys who are destruction bears like gold, what good will it be to hold if things go that badly?

    WSC-

    Owning physical gold isn't as daunting as you may think.  Look it, man, 10ozs of gold is less than a pound.  Spot gold is about 940ish an ounce.

    Even if you put 1 million dollars in to gold bullion at current spot, that would be about 70ish lbs of actual gold if you took the physical ownership.

    70 lbs isn't that much.  I got enough crap like books and s--t that weighs a hell of a lot more than 70 lbs, unfortunately.

    You know as well as I that inflation, and I mean rampant hyperinflation, is coming down the pike. 

    I believe spot gold by EOY of '14 will be close to 4,000 rocks an ounce.  That would beat 250% inflation, which I see coming.

    The best thing that ever happened to W Bush was farking "Barack Obama."

     

    Barack Obama

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2009 - 8:06 PM ET #30

    CC,

    The point is that how do you feel safer holding gold when if things get that bad, how will you be able to turn it into a tradeable commodity that you can purchase something with?

    Rat..dont think of AIG as our life insurance holder (which it is for me actually) that part of their business is doing GREAT.

    They are the insurer of the CMOs and CDOs that have imploded in our faces..they go under, NONE of the holders have insurance and if that happens we have a MONSTER mess on our hands.

    If AIG were only a generic life insurance company or auto etc, the government would have let them fail..hell if they hadnt started insurering the toxic garbage their stock would be in the 20s and no handouts would be necessary.

    Sorry but in the grand scheme of things, GM Is a dot on the page, AIG is much much more important, especially to market sentiment.
    Reply
    CC,

    The point is that how do you feel safer holding gold when if things get that bad, how will you be able to turn it into a tradeable commodity that you can purchase something with?

    Rat..dont think of AIG as our life insurance holder (which it is for me actually) that part of their business is doing GREAT.

    They are the insurer of the CMOs and CDOs that have imploded in our faces..they go under, NONE of the holders have insurance and if that happens we have a MONSTER mess on our hands.

    If AIG were only a generic life insurance company or auto etc, the government would have let them fail..hell if they hadnt started insurering the toxic garbage their stock would be in the 20s and no handouts would be necessary.

    Sorry but in the grand scheme of things, GM Is a dot on the page, AIG is much much more important, especially to market sentiment.
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2009 - 3:07 AM ET #31

    Things are getting bad, WSC, for sure.  But by end of '14, the mess then will make this look like Mary Poppins.  We don't have the rampant inflation with 30% unemployment that we'll see in 5-6 years.
     
    The bailout packages have bought us one thing-----time.
     
    In this "time," there will be plenty of trading "rallies."  I expect gold to fully participate and I'll sell the bullion that I have as needed.
     
    I don't know what else to tell you, man.
    Reply
    Things are getting bad, WSC, for sure.  But by end of '14, the mess then will make this look like Mary Poppins.  We don't have the rampant inflation with 30% unemployment that we'll see in 5-6 years.
     
    The bailout packages have bought us one thing-----time.
     
    In this "time," there will be plenty of trading "rallies."  I expect gold to fully participate and I'll sell the bullion that I have as needed.
     
    I don't know what else to tell you, man.
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2009 - 9:40 AM ET #32


      Hope you have two safes CC, one prominently displayed with a  few coins and some fake jewels inside, and the other deep down, with the real holdings in it. Just in case some character breaks past the barbed wire and mines around  yer bunker that is...

      And yeah, I do believe as you do in physical gold...I have the odd feeling the likes of GLD will just be stopped in trading and their assets removed if any goverment really got desperate.

    Reply

      Hope you have two safes CC, one prominently displayed with a  few coins and some fake jewels inside, and the other deep down, with the real holdings in it. Just in case some character breaks past the barbed wire and mines around  yer bunker that is...

      And yeah, I do believe as you do in physical gold...I have the odd feeling the likes of GLD will just be stopped in trading and their assets removed if any goverment really got desperate.

     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2009 - 10:44 AM ET #33

    Yeah, Vermeer, the "GLD ETF" is set up to fcku the little guy----I am sure of that, which is why I want the real thing.
     
    Hell, if I could do it also, I'd buy the damn physical barrels of crude and store them, too.  Oil derivatives (ie futures) are there to also fcku over the little guy.
     
    There is now an ETF for everything under the sun, and the adverts for them are all over the place.  Tells me one thing------screw job in the end.
     
    I got to take my hat off to you for winning so much with "SKF."  That thing scared the bajeezus out of me----and that was back last summer-----scared me so farking bad that I RAN from it at top speed.  And now that it is 270ish, up from 100ish back this summer, I feel like the biggest dolt on the planet.
     
    Props to you, man.
    Reply
    Yeah, Vermeer, the "GLD ETF" is set up to fcku the little guy----I am sure of that, which is why I want the real thing.
     
    Hell, if I could do it also, I'd buy the damn physical barrels of crude and store them, too.  Oil derivatives (ie futures) are there to also fcku over the little guy.
     
    There is now an ETF for everything under the sun, and the adverts for them are all over the place.  Tells me one thing------screw job in the end.
     
    I got to take my hat off to you for winning so much with "SKF."  That thing scared the bajeezus out of me----and that was back last summer-----scared me so farking bad that I RAN from it at top speed.  And now that it is 270ish, up from 100ish back this summer, I feel like the biggest dolt on the planet.
     
    Props to you, man.
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2009 - 10:49 AM ET #34

    "Barack Obama" is fortunate that his term ends in 2012 and he'll be long gone by late Januaray '13, when a republican pres will replace him and his entire entourage.
     
    Then when the s--t hits the fan at end of '14, "Obama" won't be blamed-----but gd, his "stimulus package" is as egregious as Paulson's.
     
    I can't decide whose is worse.
     
    Moral of the story-----the USA is void of leadership and is falling off the map at light speed.
    Reply
    "Barack Obama" is fortunate that his term ends in 2012 and he'll be long gone by late Januaray '13, when a republican pres will replace him and his entire entourage.
     
    Then when the s--t hits the fan at end of '14, "Obama" won't be blamed-----but gd, his "stimulus package" is as egregious as Paulson's.
     
    I can't decide whose is worse.
     
    Moral of the story-----the USA is void of leadership and is falling off the map at light speed.
     
    VirginiaHoldem2
    VirginiaHoldem2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 2704
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2009 - 7:42 PM ET #35

    Another down day today for the markets shedding a healthy 1%+ again.

    Becoming pretty common.  When does the misery end?  6,000 . . . lower?  Or until we finally get some good news is that ever happens.
    Reply
    Another down day today for the markets shedding a healthy 1%+ again.

    Becoming pretty common.  When does the misery end?  6,000 . . . lower?  Or until we finally get some good news is that ever happens.
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2009 - 10:11 PM ET #36

    VH2-
     
    I've been saying 5800 is bottom (documented since Dec '08).
     
    However, there won't be a bottom until the peanut gallery STOPS talking about "capitulation" and "timing the bottom."
     
    Brutal out there, man.  Absolutely horrific.
    Reply
    VH2-
     
    I've been saying 5800 is bottom (documented since Dec '08).
     
    However, there won't be a bottom until the peanut gallery STOPS talking about "capitulation" and "timing the bottom."
     
    Brutal out there, man.  Absolutely horrific.
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2009 - 11:54 PM ET #37

     I guess I am even more bearish than CC...I see a chart down to 5,000 on the Dow...multiples still too high, they need to be in single digits.

    Reply
     I guess I am even more bearish than CC...I see a chart down to 5,000 on the Dow...multiples still too high, they need to be in single digits.

     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2009 - 12:03 AM ET #38

     PS

      I think there are a lot of misguided historical comparisons being spread around. The massive destruction of wealth that has occurred has occurred at a particularly bad time for the country. The consumer is tapped out completely, and alas we are simply a consumer economy, one as dangerously dependent on  one thing as a simple export economy.

      Naturally I hope I am wrong, but the drop in the bucket (hard to think a trillion is that, but 80% of that was misallocated, and it really is a drop when compared to the total losses in equities and real estate over the past two years) stimulus plan, the fumbling and deer in the headlight look of Timmy Geithner and the real nail in the coffin , a truly global collapse that is just now really taking off, are the main reasons for my pessimism.

     
     

    Reply
     PS

      I think there are a lot of misguided historical comparisons being spread around. The massive destruction of wealth that has occurred has occurred at a particularly bad time for the country. The consumer is tapped out completely, and alas we are simply a consumer economy, one as dangerously dependent on  one thing as a simple export economy.

      Naturally I hope I am wrong, but the drop in the bucket (hard to think a trillion is that, but 80% of that was misallocated, and it really is a drop when compared to the total losses in equities and real estate over the past two years) stimulus plan, the fumbling and deer in the headlight look of Timmy Geithner and the real nail in the coffin , a truly global collapse that is just now really taking off, are the main reasons for my pessimism.

     
     

     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2009 - 12:07 AM ET #39

    PPS

     By the way CC, I do recall distinctly your comments on C, heeded them, and watched as even they were overly rosy!!! Incredible times we have witnessed, and a pity we had to see such a catastrophe unfold.

    Reply
    PPS

     By the way CC, I do recall distinctly your comments on C, heeded them, and watched as even they were overly rosy!!! Incredible times we have witnessed, and a pity we had to see such a catastrophe unfold.

     
    sasquatches1
    sasquatches1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 279
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2009 - 7:35 PM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatches1:

    Alright...call me crazy.  In my buy and hold long account, I have purchased MCD, PG, CAT, KO, JNJ, DUK, SSO, UYG, PTR so far.  Looking to get into a bunch of others. 

    Boy, am I glad I went long before that 7% jump.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatches1:

    Alright...call me crazy.  In my buy and hold long account, I have purchased MCD, PG, CAT, KO, JNJ, DUK, SSO, UYG, PTR so far.  Looking to get into a bunch of others. 

    Boy, am I glad I went long before that 7% jump.

     
    sasquatches1
    sasquatches1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 279
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2009 - 7:36 PM ET #41

    Eyeing DGP.  Sitting on an uptrend line. 
    Reply
    Eyeing DGP.  Sitting on an uptrend line. 
     
    sasquatches1
    sasquatches1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 279
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2009 - 7:38 PM ET #42

    UDN a good play as well against the dollar.
    Reply
    UDN a good play as well against the dollar.
     
    VirginiaHoldem2
    VirginiaHoldem2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 2704
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2009 - 7:58 PM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatches1:

    Boy, am I glad I went long before that 7% jump.




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatches1:

    Boy, am I glad I went long before that 7% jump.




     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2009 - 11:12 PM ET #44

    Yeah, Vermeer, Geitnner doesn't instill any confidence at all.
     
    "So far," the "Barack Obama" administration is abominable.  Absolutely pathetic.  Couldn't be worse for the future unless you are Karl Marx.
    Reply
    Yeah, Vermeer, Geitnner doesn't instill any confidence at all.
     
    "So far," the "Barack Obama" administration is abominable.  Absolutely pathetic.  Couldn't be worse for the future unless you are Karl Marx.
     
    KOAJ
    KOAJ
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 66698
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2009 - 9:24 AM ET #45

    ccl - their goal is to crush capitalism and make everyone wards of the state...or at least more than 50% of registered voters

    no wonder smart money and a lot of private capital got the heck out of dodge at S&P 1000 on nov 4
    Reply
    ccl - their goal is to crush capitalism and make everyone wards of the state...or at least more than 50% of registered voters

    no wonder smart money and a lot of private capital got the heck out of dodge at S&P 1000 on nov 4
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2009 - 7:08 PM ET #46

    I know Koaj.  "Barack Obama" is making me really like W these days.
     
    Got to hand it to you, man, you and Vermeer called this crap 1.5 years ago during subprime----and you 2 were part of the very few who didn't laugh in my face for ranting about bailout packages, socialism, bunkers, et al.
     
    The future of the USA is dismal, to say the least------unless you want to live in Orwell's "1984" world.
    Reply
    I know Koaj.  "Barack Obama" is making me really like W these days.
     
    Got to hand it to you, man, you and Vermeer called this crap 1.5 years ago during subprime----and you 2 were part of the very few who didn't laugh in my face for ranting about bailout packages, socialism, bunkers, et al.
     
    The future of the USA is dismal, to say the least------unless you want to live in Orwell's "1984" world.
     
    jaxwhitey
    jaxwhitey
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1752
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2009 - 10:42 AM ET #47

    Damn I missed another chance to sell $300 SKF calls again last week @ $15 each.

    I know we went over this back in November but I am doing it next time the SKF gets above $225-$250
    Reply
    Damn I missed another chance to sell $300 SKF calls again last week @ $15 each.

    I know we went over this back in November but I am doing it next time the SKF gets above $225-$250
     
    KOAJ
    KOAJ
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 66698
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2009 - 12:29 PM ET #48

    is this the madoff is going to prison rally?
    Reply
    is this the madoff is going to prison rally?
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2009 - 12:36 PM ET #49

    I dunno, but the KBE has been moving up the last few sessions..maybe banks are starting to turn the corner?

    GE gets a rating cut and they rally..pretty funny.
    Reply
    I dunno, but the KBE has been moving up the last few sessions..maybe banks are starting to turn the corner?

    GE gets a rating cut and they rally..pretty funny.
     
     
    KOAJ
    KOAJ
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 66698
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2009 - 2:34 PM ET #50


    GE gets a rating cut and they rally..pretty funny.
    -------
    a joke
    Reply

    GE gets a rating cut and they rally..pretty funny.
    -------
    a joke
    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,203
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 268,873
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,695
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,241
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 683
    • MLB Playoffs 5,095
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 6,701
    • Trump's legacy? 33,921
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,283
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,978

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.