• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    DRYS Update

    1234 Next Last»
    VirginiaHoldem2
    wallstreetcappers
    PALLADIUM
    grapevinekid
    claycourtlesson
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2861
    Posts: 79
    1234 Next Last»
     
    VirginiaHoldem2
    VirginiaHoldem2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 2704
    Posted: Mar. 19, 2009 - 7:54 PM ET #1

    EXCELLENT news today.  DRYS was just awarded a 3 year - $630 million contract with Petrobas. 

    • First off this is a solid counterparty to get the deal with.
    • Second, the contract comes in at $575K a day . . . up from the current contract with Shell that is only $512K a day on the Lief Ericson.
    • Third . . . . this shows that the UDW market is still very, very strong.
    This is excellent news if you are a long term holder of DRYS.  What we should / could expect next is DRYS re-upping their Tullow RIG which just stuck oil off the coast of Africa.

    Furthermore . . . due to the huge revenue stream down the line locked up, I expect new contracts (hopefully) to come online for the RIGS that are on order.  If they come in at $575K a day as well there is some monster potential with this stock down here at $5.  Even if we do get diluted big time up to say 150 million shares.  Huge potential.  Remember those rigs are on order to be delivered late 2010. 

    I am holding long for the UDW segment.  Period.  And today finally I got some good news . . . . been some time. 

    Here is to more contracts in the future. 

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    EXCELLENT news today.  DRYS was just awarded a 3 year - $630 million contract with Petrobas. 

    • First off this is a solid counterparty to get the deal with.
    • Second, the contract comes in at $575K a day . . . up from the current contract with Shell that is only $512K a day on the Lief Ericson.
    • Third . . . . this shows that the UDW market is still very, very strong.
    This is excellent news if you are a long term holder of DRYS.  What we should / could expect next is DRYS re-upping their Tullow RIG which just stuck oil off the coast of Africa.

    Furthermore . . . due to the huge revenue stream down the line locked up, I expect new contracts (hopefully) to come online for the RIGS that are on order.  If they come in at $575K a day as well there is some monster potential with this stock down here at $5.  Even if we do get diluted big time up to say 150 million shares.  Huge potential.  Remember those rigs are on order to be delivered late 2010. 

    I am holding long for the UDW segment.  Period.  And today finally I got some good news . . . . been some time. 

    Here is to more contracts in the future. 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Mar. 19, 2009 - 8:53 PM ET #2

    VH2,

    That news today didnt shock me at all..I fully expected it.

    If George used shares to pay for a huge chunk of Cardiff rigs, then I would be ok..but I STILL dont think he did it..

    At 5 this is a joke..longer term these prices will be joked about as the shipping industry isnt going under and the UDW only makes the company stronger.

    I dont see how that Tullow deal could be extended, it is still going for a while if I recall?

    Should be an interesting CC if he ever does it...way overdue.
    Reply
    VH2,

    That news today didnt shock me at all..I fully expected it.

    If George used shares to pay for a huge chunk of Cardiff rigs, then I would be ok..but I STILL dont think he did it..

    At 5 this is a joke..longer term these prices will be joked about as the shipping industry isnt going under and the UDW only makes the company stronger.

    I dont see how that Tullow deal could be extended, it is still going for a while if I recall?

    Should be an interesting CC if he ever does it...way overdue.
     
    VirginiaHoldem2
    VirginiaHoldem2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 2704
    Posted: Mar. 19, 2009 - 8:58 PM ET #3

    This deal alone adds $22 million in pre-tax income alone (575K - 512K) * 365 days.

    I thought Tullow is 3 to 4 years with a series of one year options.  That is what I thought.  Might be wrong.  Not that it matters though because they just hit oil I read.

    Now we get to sit and wait on the spin off news and 4 other rigs.  If George can take care of business (and he stands to make a ton of money if he does) this stock has some serious potential.  Just gotta hope. 

    Reply
    This deal alone adds $22 million in pre-tax income alone (575K - 512K) * 365 days.

    I thought Tullow is 3 to 4 years with a series of one year options.  That is what I thought.  Might be wrong.  Not that it matters though because they just hit oil I read.

    Now we get to sit and wait on the spin off news and 4 other rigs.  If George can take care of business (and he stands to make a ton of money if he does) this stock has some serious potential.  Just gotta hope. 

     
    PALLADIUM
    PALLADIUM
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 952
    Posted: Mar. 19, 2009 - 11:16 PM ET #4

    Should I go in BIG on this one.  It just seems SO cheap am I missing something here?
    Reply
    Should I go in BIG on this one.  It just seems SO cheap am I missing something here?
     
    VirginiaHoldem2
    VirginiaHoldem2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 2704
    Posted: Mar. 19, 2009 - 11:46 PM ET #5

    Well it still comes with its risks (dilution, loan covenants, etc).

    But I am betting the positive outweights the negative at this point.  May not happen right away but I'm hoping over next year it takes care of itself.


    Reply
    Well it still comes with its risks (dilution, loan covenants, etc).

    But I am betting the positive outweights the negative at this point.  May not happen right away but I'm hoping over next year it takes care of itself.


     
    grapevinekid
    grapevinekid
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2002
    Posts: 6524
    Posted: Mar. 19, 2009 - 11:56 PM ET #6

    Reply
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2009 - 4:40 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by PALLADIUM:

    Should I go in BIG on this one.  It just seems SO cheap am I missing something here?

    Yes, for sure, but this is an "investment" for the long haul, and certainly not a gamble/trade.

    5 year time horizon from right now-----you'll beat the SP500, and you'll beat inflation.  Just like owning the physcial gold itself.

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by PALLADIUM:

    Should I go in BIG on this one.  It just seems SO cheap am I missing something here?

    Yes, for sure, but this is an "investment" for the long haul, and certainly not a gamble/trade.

    5 year time horizon from right now-----you'll beat the SP500, and you'll beat inflation.  Just like owning the physcial gold itself.

     

     
    PALLADIUM
    PALLADIUM
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 952
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2009 - 1:22 PM ET #8

    I bought @ 4.74 just 1k shares that's enough for now.  Have a  hard time selling my metal stocks to buy anything.  Heck I sold QMM @ .55 this morning to buy DRYS and now QMM is at .69 oh well
    Reply
    I bought @ 4.74 just 1k shares that's enough for now.  Have a  hard time selling my metal stocks to buy anything.  Heck I sold QMM @ .55 this morning to buy DRYS and now QMM is at .69 oh well
     
    VirginiaHoldem2
    VirginiaHoldem2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 2704
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2009 - 8:32 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by PALLADIUM:

    I bought @ 4.74 just 1k shares that's enough for now.  Have a  hard time selling my metal stocks to buy anything.  Heck I sold QMM @ .55 this morning to buy DRYS and now QMM is at .69 oh well


    Well near term I feel that DRYS will continue to be in for some more pain as the BDI continues to fall. 

    DRYS fill wall right inline with all of the other shippers.  But again, you one should be holding this stock for the drilling aspect.

    The shelf offering I feel (others can dispute) will most likely be used to reduce debt levels so that DRYS could spin off the Primelead.  Without the spinoff we don't get 2 of the 4 Rigs. 

    I am hoping sometime this summer we get some contracts announced on the rigs that are set to come on in 2010 and 2011.  A company called Vantage just landed 2 contracts for their rigs coming on in 2010.  That would surely help this stock. 

    Just one of those contracts would provide revenue of $210 million a year.  I read on another board that the revenue generated from 1 UDW is = 50 panamaxes.  So basically one UDW gets the revenue of most of DRYS competitors.  So that is what we are dealing with here. 

    Time will tell . . . but in the mean time expect more pain (mainly due to BDI + world in general).




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by PALLADIUM:

    I bought @ 4.74 just 1k shares that's enough for now.  Have a  hard time selling my metal stocks to buy anything.  Heck I sold QMM @ .55 this morning to buy DRYS and now QMM is at .69 oh well


    Well near term I feel that DRYS will continue to be in for some more pain as the BDI continues to fall. 

    DRYS fill wall right inline with all of the other shippers.  But again, you one should be holding this stock for the drilling aspect.

    The shelf offering I feel (others can dispute) will most likely be used to reduce debt levels so that DRYS could spin off the Primelead.  Without the spinoff we don't get 2 of the 4 Rigs. 

    I am hoping sometime this summer we get some contracts announced on the rigs that are set to come on in 2010 and 2011.  A company called Vantage just landed 2 contracts for their rigs coming on in 2010.  That would surely help this stock. 

    Just one of those contracts would provide revenue of $210 million a year.  I read on another board that the revenue generated from 1 UDW is = 50 panamaxes.  So basically one UDW gets the revenue of most of DRYS competitors.  So that is what we are dealing with here. 

    Time will tell . . . but in the mean time expect more pain (mainly due to BDI + world in general).




     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2009 - 9:58 AM ET #10

     I do not see world trade rebounding, period. The system is broken, not impaired. Contemplate what the cycle really was:cheap credit, American demand for unnecessary crap, and Chinese supply of cheap crap. Those days are over. RIP

     Not saying the US/China trade is ALL the shipping trade, just the most important. But  demand throughout the western world is cratering and not coming back, as it too was built on the same premise. Spanish housing for example is simply a repeat of our subprime debacle.And so on ad nauseum throughout the world.

     And now, you have the dolts of the world attempting to command the world economy. If you believe in the likes of Barney Frank, or do not recall recent Soviet history, perhaps you think pols will succeed in rectifying what they created.They won't because they can't.

     

     

    Reply
     I do not see world trade rebounding, period. The system is broken, not impaired. Contemplate what the cycle really was:cheap credit, American demand for unnecessary crap, and Chinese supply of cheap crap. Those days are over. RIP

     Not saying the US/China trade is ALL the shipping trade, just the most important. But  demand throughout the western world is cratering and not coming back, as it too was built on the same premise. Spanish housing for example is simply a repeat of our subprime debacle.And so on ad nauseum throughout the world.

     And now, you have the dolts of the world attempting to command the world economy. If you believe in the likes of Barney Frank, or do not recall recent Soviet history, perhaps you think pols will succeed in rectifying what they created.They won't because they can't.

     

     

     
    KOAJ
    KOAJ
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 66698
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2009 - 10:37 AM ET #11

     I do not see world trade rebounding, period. The system is broken, not impaired. Contemplate what the cycle really was:cheap credit, American demand for unnecessary crap, and Chinese supply of cheap crap. Those days are over. RIP
    -----------


    also, the world is overbuilt...america, china, middle east

    easier to sell scrap steel and iron ore from unused buildings than get new stuff and ship it somewhere
    Reply
     I do not see world trade rebounding, period. The system is broken, not impaired. Contemplate what the cycle really was:cheap credit, American demand for unnecessary crap, and Chinese supply of cheap crap. Those days are over. RIP
    -----------


    also, the world is overbuilt...america, china, middle east

    easier to sell scrap steel and iron ore from unused buildings than get new stuff and ship it somewhere
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2009 - 10:47 AM ET #12

    Vermeer, you are right, and oh boy oh boy are we totally screwed for the long haul......"but in the near term"...........trillions upon trillions of currency has basically just been printed up to put a bandaid on the system.
     
    What has been printed is MAJOR.
     
    Thus, time has been bought.  Is it going to help anything long term?  Probably not, unless long term means less than 5 years.
     
    But in the meantime, you got to make money where and while you can.  No one is as bearish on the future as I am, but we are right in the middle of a vicious bear market rally that could last a few years.
     
    By end of 2014-2015:
     
    1) Dow 20,000
    2) Inflation like 250% from right now
    3) Social security declared caput
    4) We're all fckued
    Reply
    Vermeer, you are right, and oh boy oh boy are we totally screwed for the long haul......"but in the near term"...........trillions upon trillions of currency has basically just been printed up to put a bandaid on the system.
     
    What has been printed is MAJOR.
     
    Thus, time has been bought.  Is it going to help anything long term?  Probably not, unless long term means less than 5 years.
     
    But in the meantime, you got to make money where and while you can.  No one is as bearish on the future as I am, but we are right in the middle of a vicious bear market rally that could last a few years.
     
    By end of 2014-2015:
     
    1) Dow 20,000
    2) Inflation like 250% from right now
    3) Social security declared caput
    4) We're all fckued
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2009 - 11:16 AM ET #13


      CC:

      Is the money printed major compared to what has gone up in smoke? From the numbers I see, admittedly some contradictory, and some guesstimates, the printed sum is in fact quite small compared to what has been burned through already, not to mention what is yet to be admitted to.They may have bought time, but not much. Things are really just now working their way through the world economy.

      However, I hope the Dow does go to 20,000 as I will be selling right into it.
     

    Reply

      CC:

      Is the money printed major compared to what has gone up in smoke? From the numbers I see, admittedly some contradictory, and some guesstimates, the printed sum is in fact quite small compared to what has been burned through already, not to mention what is yet to be admitted to.They may have bought time, but not much. Things are really just now working their way through the world economy.

      However, I hope the Dow does go to 20,000 as I will be selling right into it.
     

     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2009 - 12:22 PM ET #14

    Trillions of dollars printed out of thin air is definitely enough to buy some time.  IMO, at least.
     
    Yeah, but with 250% inflation between now and '14-'15--------no diferent than Dow 8,000 in real terms even if it does touch 20,000.
     
    Oh yeah, Vermeer, I agree that we are so fckued it is sad, but the reaming won't really be obvious for another couple of years.
     
    BTW, I saw that those who got burned by Madoff and other "ponzi schemes" can write those losses off returns.  Hahahahahahaha.  Time to start back-writing all the money I've put in to social security---------which is a ponzi scheme that will make Bernie Madoff look like Mary Poppins.
    Reply
    Trillions of dollars printed out of thin air is definitely enough to buy some time.  IMO, at least.
     
    Yeah, but with 250% inflation between now and '14-'15--------no diferent than Dow 8,000 in real terms even if it does touch 20,000.
     
    Oh yeah, Vermeer, I agree that we are so fckued it is sad, but the reaming won't really be obvious for another couple of years.
     
    BTW, I saw that those who got burned by Madoff and other "ponzi schemes" can write those losses off returns.  Hahahahahahaha.  Time to start back-writing all the money I've put in to social security---------which is a ponzi scheme that will make Bernie Madoff look like Mary Poppins.
     
    kevk87
    kevk87
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 742
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2009 - 1:24 PM ET #15

    it all depends on how the printed money is going to be used. It has to be spent in order for inflation to occur.
    Reply
    it all depends on how the printed money is going to be used. It has to be spent in order for inflation to occur.
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2009 - 1:51 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by claycourtlesson:

    Trillions of dollars printed out of thin air is definitely enough to buy some time.  IMO, at least.
     
    Yeah, but with 250% inflation between now and '14-'15--------no diferent than Dow 8,000 in real terms even if it does touch 20,000.
     
    Oh yeah, Vermeer, I agree that we are so fckued it is sad, but the reaming won't really be obvious for another couple of years.
     
    BTW, I saw that those who got burned by Madoff and other "ponzi schemes" can write those losses off returns.  Hahahahahahaha.  Time to start back-writing all the money I've put in to social security---------which is a ponzi scheme that will make Bernie Madoff look like Mary Poppins.


      Social Security is the biggest Ponzi scheme ever, you are right CC...pathetic.It will blow up just like Bernie's did.But you can rest assured a fraud like Chris Dodd, or a buffoon like Frank will promise to "fix it"...LMAO.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by claycourtlesson:

    Trillions of dollars printed out of thin air is definitely enough to buy some time.  IMO, at least.
     
    Yeah, but with 250% inflation between now and '14-'15--------no diferent than Dow 8,000 in real terms even if it does touch 20,000.
     
    Oh yeah, Vermeer, I agree that we are so fckued it is sad, but the reaming won't really be obvious for another couple of years.
     
    BTW, I saw that those who got burned by Madoff and other "ponzi schemes" can write those losses off returns.  Hahahahahahaha.  Time to start back-writing all the money I've put in to social security---------which is a ponzi scheme that will make Bernie Madoff look like Mary Poppins.


      Social Security is the biggest Ponzi scheme ever, you are right CC...pathetic.It will blow up just like Bernie's did.But you can rest assured a fraud like Chris Dodd, or a buffoon like Frank will promise to "fix it"...LMAO.


     
    PALLADIUM
    PALLADIUM
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 952
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2009 - 2:06 PM ET #17

    I'm selling covered July 7.5's calls and writing naked July 2.5 Puts.

    That's my plan. I'll take more shares at 2 in July nd I'lltake thosehuge premiums on almost a double.
    Reply
    I'm selling covered July 7.5's calls and writing naked July 2.5 Puts.

    That's my plan. I'll take more shares at 2 in July nd I'lltake thosehuge premiums on almost a double.
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2009 - 2:26 PM ET #18

    Good plan there, Palladium.  Solid.
    Reply
    Good plan there, Palladium.  Solid.
     
    VirginiaHoldem2
    VirginiaHoldem2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 2704
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2009 - 7:42 PM ET #19

    So . . . . . .

    • DRYS releases earnings at close of market tomorrow
    • Conference and webcast on Wednesday morning
    Anyone care to guess what is disclosed?  I'll put together my short wish list.

    • Dilution; is the secondary done . . . if so how many shares were sold (most important)
    • Covenant issues with Deutsche Bank
    • Spin off . . . what is going on . . . any possible new rig contracts coming
    Those are my 3 most important at this time.

    Last 3 earnings releases GE has firmly kicked me in the nuts . . . I don't know if I'll be able to get up again if he tells me the spinoff is called off (which means we don't get RIGS 5 and 6) or that somehow there are now 200 million shares outstanding.





    Reply
    So . . . . . .

    • DRYS releases earnings at close of market tomorrow
    • Conference and webcast on Wednesday morning
    Anyone care to guess what is disclosed?  I'll put together my short wish list.

    • Dilution; is the secondary done . . . if so how many shares were sold (most important)
    • Covenant issues with Deutsche Bank
    • Spin off . . . what is going on . . . any possible new rig contracts coming
    Those are my 3 most important at this time.

    Last 3 earnings releases GE has firmly kicked me in the nuts . . . I don't know if I'll be able to get up again if he tells me the spinoff is called off (which means we don't get RIGS 5 and 6) or that somehow there are now 200 million shares outstanding.





     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2009 - 7:57 PM ET #20

    VH2,

    Here is my guess-

    Less dilution than many think
    Covenant issues either resolved or in negociations
    Discussions about long term contracts with the two rigs in the queue
    Earnings will be BAD, not core earnings but accounting writeoff of goodwill and asset vales
    NO spinoff in current environment

    What would make me VERY VERY happy is if any dilution was to either pay for the balance on the two rigs, for half of the two from Cardiff or to knock out most of the shipping debt.


    Reply
    VH2,

    Here is my guess-

    Less dilution than many think
    Covenant issues either resolved or in negociations
    Discussions about long term contracts with the two rigs in the queue
    Earnings will be BAD, not core earnings but accounting writeoff of goodwill and asset vales
    NO spinoff in current environment

    What would make me VERY VERY happy is if any dilution was to either pay for the balance on the two rigs, for half of the two from Cardiff or to knock out most of the shipping debt.


     
    grapevinekid
    grapevinekid
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2002
    Posts: 6524
    Posted: Mar. 24, 2009 - 10:30 AM ET #21

    DRYS making a nice move up today when most of the market is down.
    Reply
    DRYS making a nice move up today when most of the market is down.
     
    depeche2
    depeche2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 67006
    Posted: Mar. 24, 2009 - 11:40 AM ET #22

    DRYS is ready to move way higher.  $9-10 within 2 weeks IMO.
    Reply
    DRYS is ready to move way higher.  $9-10 within 2 weeks IMO.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Mar. 24, 2009 - 11:58 AM ET #23

    Palladium,

    I didnt see your message earlier, why cap yourself on those CCs with the stock at such dramatic lows?

    I wont consider CCs for many many points personally..they are trading it here as a BK candidate..not gonna happen.

    I agree with Depeche..a good CC here and the fire can be lit to move this stock much higher. Even an honest and realistic CC will do it no harm.
    Reply
    Palladium,

    I didnt see your message earlier, why cap yourself on those CCs with the stock at such dramatic lows?

    I wont consider CCs for many many points personally..they are trading it here as a BK candidate..not gonna happen.

    I agree with Depeche..a good CC here and the fire can be lit to move this stock much higher. Even an honest and realistic CC will do it no harm.
     
    BountyHunt
    BountyHunt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 269
    Posted: Mar. 24, 2009 - 12:00 PM ET #24

    I just sold for 5.79 for a 25% profit. DRYS could jump big before it dips, but I have been burnt too many times by not cashing out.  
     
    I am looking to rebuy on a pull back. Hopefully I don't miss the boat....
    Reply
    I just sold for 5.79 for a 25% profit. DRYS could jump big before it dips, but I have been burnt too many times by not cashing out.  
     
    I am looking to rebuy on a pull back. Hopefully I don't miss the boat....
     
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Mar. 24, 2009 - 2:55 PM ET #25

    DRYS, I believe, reports earnings after today's close (like 10-11ish PM on east coast).
     
    Numbers won't mean a gd thing----all about the tone of the conference call.
     
    If you got money on the table in this one, be careful.  This could open at 10 tomorrow or 3.  No joke.
    Reply
    DRYS, I believe, reports earnings after today's close (like 10-11ish PM on east coast).
     
    Numbers won't mean a gd thing----all about the tone of the conference call.
     
    If you got money on the table in this one, be careful.  This could open at 10 tomorrow or 3.  No joke.
    All Forums | Investments
    1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,552
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,181
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,733
    • Monday 09/28/2026 707
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,027
    • HELP PLEASE 1,614
    • PART DEUX 234
    • Mike Trout Strikeouts 7,147
    • Another BS PI 963
    • King of Covers Winner List 12,244

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.