• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    Crypto thread

    «First Previous 91011 ... 146147148 Next Last»
    gambleholic63
    I_Need_A_Detox
    wallstreetcappers
    JamieR44
    meraby
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 29143
    Posts: 3681
    «First Previous 91011 ... 146147148 Next Last»
     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2018 - 11:47 AM ET #201

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieR44:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by gambleholic63: The profits still being held by early buyers is off the charts in all crypto currencies. Gains like this have never been seen before but where is the VALUE? Where is the money going to come from to keep all of these crypto currencies going higher? This isn't going to be pretty when the music stops boys. Meanwhile the S&P, Dow, NAS and global markets are soaring again. Tax reform is propelling the US markets to 3% plus growth. A recession is off the table. Markets will prosper. Invest in something tangable. While I have the bulk of my investments in the traditional markets, I think there is a reasonable case to be made for sprinkling some on the crypto markets. I believe they are here to stay and will soon be another ho-hum part of the overall conversation. Who would have valued a once little-known consumer website (AMZN) at potentially close to $800B in the coming fiscal? Who would have thought a once-great American comglomerate (GE), considered the bluest of blue chips, would shortly be splitting up at the seams, shedding units and share price? Crypto is current. Gotta stay somewhat current.

    I agree with you 100% but while I can not argue with anyone investing 1% or 2% of their net worth in crypto currencies, why not invest in the technology (blockchain) as well? I don't have a penny in any crypto currency, but I did make a post somewhere on this site about IBM. They are heavily invested in blockchain and they have software and hardware to support blockchain in a multitude of uses (not just as a store of value, which is what cryptos are right now). IBM was around $151 when I made that post two or three months ago. Now it's $164. That's worth about 5K in profits to me right now on a 60K position in IBM and I surely would not feel comfortable with that much money in any crypto currency. I just think the risk in crypto at the current time is to the down side...just my opinion of course.

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieR44:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by gambleholic63: The profits still being held by early buyers is off the charts in all crypto currencies. Gains like this have never been seen before but where is the VALUE? Where is the money going to come from to keep all of these crypto currencies going higher? This isn't going to be pretty when the music stops boys. Meanwhile the S&P, Dow, NAS and global markets are soaring again. Tax reform is propelling the US markets to 3% plus growth. A recession is off the table. Markets will prosper. Invest in something tangable. While I have the bulk of my investments in the traditional markets, I think there is a reasonable case to be made for sprinkling some on the crypto markets. I believe they are here to stay and will soon be another ho-hum part of the overall conversation. Who would have valued a once little-known consumer website (AMZN) at potentially close to $800B in the coming fiscal? Who would have thought a once-great American comglomerate (GE), considered the bluest of blue chips, would shortly be splitting up at the seams, shedding units and share price? Crypto is current. Gotta stay somewhat current.

    I agree with you 100% but while I can not argue with anyone investing 1% or 2% of their net worth in crypto currencies, why not invest in the technology (blockchain) as well? I don't have a penny in any crypto currency, but I did make a post somewhere on this site about IBM. They are heavily invested in blockchain and they have software and hardware to support blockchain in a multitude of uses (not just as a store of value, which is what cryptos are right now). IBM was around $151 when I made that post two or three months ago. Now it's $164. That's worth about 5K in profits to me right now on a 60K position in IBM and I surely would not feel comfortable with that much money in any crypto currency. I just think the risk in crypto at the current time is to the down side...just my opinion of course.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2018 - 12:33 PM ET #202

    Tethered everything 
    Reply
    Tethered everything 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2018 - 4:38 PM ET #203

    XRP back to a buck....crazy!

    People are not used to any down moves in these things, this drop today has been pretty frantic and across everything. In the past these dips are always bought, but the way this is dropping so hard it feels more heavy than before, like big money selling..not the little guy on a light trading day with no buyers around.

    Reply

    XRP back to a buck....crazy!

    People are not used to any down moves in these things, this drop today has been pretty frantic and across everything. In the past these dips are always bought, but the way this is dropping so hard it feels more heavy than before, like big money selling..not the little guy on a light trading day with no buyers around.

     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2018 - 7:47 PM ET #204

    And then back up it goes...the smart man would have bought @.92...could sell that position quite handsomely right now and still be in it for the long hold.

    I lost a bunch on my traditional investments today, too...Happens.

    Reply

    And then back up it goes...the smart man would have bought @.92...could sell that position quite handsomely right now and still be in it for the long hold.

    I lost a bunch on my traditional investments today, too...Happens.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2018 - 9:43 PM ET #205

    Tron is the ultimate crap coin. They’ll struggle after getting caught plagiarizing their white paper. 

    When an abnormal dip comes you have to hide in Tether and then watch closely for the bottom to catch the bounce. 

    This market is definitely manipulated by some power. Not sure if it’s a whale group, a country or what. But it’s definitely manipulated. 

    I believe good money can still be made. 
    Reply
    Tron is the ultimate crap coin. They’ll struggle after getting caught plagiarizing their white paper. 

    When an abnormal dip comes you have to hide in Tether and then watch closely for the bottom to catch the bounce. 

    This market is definitely manipulated by some power. Not sure if it’s a whale group, a country or what. But it’s definitely manipulated. 

    I believe good money can still be made. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 12:01 AM ET #206

    It gets into cycles where every coin in top 200 goes down say 3-6% and then later every coin in top 200 will go up 3-6%. It’s as if they’re all tied together sometimes. I’ve never heard a good explanation for this. 
    Reply
    It gets into cycles where every coin in top 200 goes down say 3-6% and then later every coin in top 200 will go up 3-6%. It’s as if they’re all tied together sometimes. I’ve never heard a good explanation for this. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 12:03 PM ET #207

    If you can set yourself up to buy in during the dips, you’d kill it in crypto. By this I mean have your money sitting in Tether on Binance or another exchange. It’s such a pain getting money in immediately but if you can be disciplined and let it sit there until the bottom of a big dip you would do very well. There’s very little risk buying at the bottom of a big dip and it’s pretty easy to tell when it’s at the bottom if you have the time to constantly watch. 
    Reply
    If you can set yourself up to buy in during the dips, you’d kill it in crypto. By this I mean have your money sitting in Tether on Binance or another exchange. It’s such a pain getting money in immediately but if you can be disciplined and let it sit there until the bottom of a big dip you would do very well. There’s very little risk buying at the bottom of a big dip and it’s pretty easy to tell when it’s at the bottom if you have the time to constantly watch. 
     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 12:13 PM ET #208

    The gains in all of these crypto currencies remain parabolic. The current decine is virtually meaningless when you look at where they all started with gains still at 5000% for bitcoin based on its JAN 2015 low. Crypto has created mulit millionaires all over the world. The moves you are seeing now has been created by the mulit millionaires cashing out. 

     

    The bottom line is that the old money is moving out and being converted to US dollars or other stable currencies. Thus, it will take MASSIVE amounts of FRESH CASH FLOW to recreate the parabolic move upward. IMO, that's simply a pipe dream for anyone chasing these currencies. Where is that money going to come from now that the WHALES are taking massive profits? Your neighbor, the guy in accounting and your dog groomer are not going to move the needle.

     

    Putting fresh money into any of these currencies is no different, and probably much worse than gambling on the NFL games this weekend.

     

    I predicted this would end badly. For most, it has not ended badly yet. 

     

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    The gains in all of these crypto currencies remain parabolic. The current decine is virtually meaningless when you look at where they all started with gains still at 5000% for bitcoin based on its JAN 2015 low. Crypto has created mulit millionaires all over the world. The moves you are seeing now has been created by the mulit millionaires cashing out. 

     

    The bottom line is that the old money is moving out and being converted to US dollars or other stable currencies. Thus, it will take MASSIVE amounts of FRESH CASH FLOW to recreate the parabolic move upward. IMO, that's simply a pipe dream for anyone chasing these currencies. Where is that money going to come from now that the WHALES are taking massive profits? Your neighbor, the guy in accounting and your dog groomer are not going to move the needle.

     

    Putting fresh money into any of these currencies is no different, and probably much worse than gambling on the NFL games this weekend.

     

    I predicted this would end badly. For most, it has not ended badly yet. 

     

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 12:39 PM ET #209

    That’s all speculation. You don’t have anything to prove that’s what is contributing to the dips. 

    Why would someone in from 2015 cash out yesterday or today? 
    Reply
    That’s all speculation. You don’t have anything to prove that’s what is contributing to the dips. 

    Why would someone in from 2015 cash out yesterday or today? 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 12:41 PM ET #210

    I have seen charts showing that these dips have happened in January each of the last 4 years. 

    https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7qqfcz/everybody_relax_heres_the_reason_for_the_dip_and/?utm_source=reddit-android
    Reply
    I have seen charts showing that these dips have happened in January each of the last 4 years. 

    https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7qqfcz/everybody_relax_heres_the_reason_for_the_dip_and/?utm_source=reddit-android
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 12:43 PM ET #211

    Why is it so hard to post links here? Remember when it was nice and clean and you could include a hyper link? 

    LINK 
    Reply
    Why is it so hard to post links here? Remember when it was nice and clean and you could include a hyper link? 

    LINK 
     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 12:51 PM ET #212

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    That’s all speculation. You don’t have anything to prove that’s what is contributing to the dips. Why would someone in from 2015 cash out yesterday or today?

    Detox. Excellent point! The one think the cryptos and bitcoin do very well is make it very difficult for anyone to know where the buying or selling is coming from. However, just like any asset, huge moves like this generally don't occur from selling by "friends in the neighborhood". The selling we are seeing in crypo almost certainly due to something more than "mom and pops" selling. 

    But you are correct....I can't prove my statements. To me that makes investing in these cryptos even more sketchy. At least in the stock markets, when a big buy or sell occurs (by institutions, Buffett, etc) there is a logical explanation. With crypto, you are left to wonder what the heck is going on. It's just not for me. I have made a good mark for myself and don't need to chase these dreams.

    I do wish you good luck though! 

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    That’s all speculation. You don’t have anything to prove that’s what is contributing to the dips. Why would someone in from 2015 cash out yesterday or today?

    Detox. Excellent point! The one think the cryptos and bitcoin do very well is make it very difficult for anyone to know where the buying or selling is coming from. However, just like any asset, huge moves like this generally don't occur from selling by "friends in the neighborhood". The selling we are seeing in crypo almost certainly due to something more than "mom and pops" selling. 

    But you are correct....I can't prove my statements. To me that makes investing in these cryptos even more sketchy. At least in the stock markets, when a big buy or sell occurs (by institutions, Buffett, etc) there is a logical explanation. With crypto, you are left to wonder what the heck is going on. It's just not for me. I have made a good mark for myself and don't need to chase these dreams.

    I do wish you good luck though! 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 5:20 PM ET #213

    Crazy moves today in both directions...which points to the futures expiry as being the culprit. It also says that any bottom cannot be called as in because the move back was way too quick, this is like futures on futures on futures.

    Until there is a safe and efficient way to get in and out of these I dont see how I can even consider getting involved unfortunately.

    Reply

    Crazy moves today in both directions...which points to the futures expiry as being the culprit. It also says that any bottom cannot be called as in because the move back was way too quick, this is like futures on futures on futures.

    Until there is a safe and efficient way to get in and out of these I dont see how I can even consider getting involved unfortunately.

     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 5:42 PM ET #214

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Crazy moves today in both directions...which points to the futures expiry as being the culprit. It also says that any bottom cannot be called as in because the move back was way too quick, this is like futures on futures on futures. Until there is a safe and efficient way to get in and out of these I dont see how I can even consider getting involved unfortunately.

    If you watch it enough, you can almost feel the daily bottom...at which point, there is value.

    Today was a great example: just don't think Ripple/XRP sheds 50% without a bounce back...so if you bought near bottom, say $.90 or so, you'd be sitting with a nice number right now and could sell off, at profit.

    Granted, it takes a steel pair to sit through the gyrations...But if you were trading futures/options, you already own 'em.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Crazy moves today in both directions...which points to the futures expiry as being the culprit. It also says that any bottom cannot be called as in because the move back was way too quick, this is like futures on futures on futures. Until there is a safe and efficient way to get in and out of these I dont see how I can even consider getting involved unfortunately.

    If you watch it enough, you can almost feel the daily bottom...at which point, there is value.

    Today was a great example: just don't think Ripple/XRP sheds 50% without a bounce back...so if you bought near bottom, say $.90 or so, you'd be sitting with a nice number right now and could sell off, at profit.

    Granted, it takes a steel pair to sit through the gyrations...But if you were trading futures/options, you already own 'em.

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 5:52 PM ET #215

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieR44:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers: Crazy moves today in both directions...which points to the futures expiry as being the culprit. It also says that any bottom cannot be called as in because the move back was way too quick, this is like futures on futures on futures. Until there is a safe and efficient way to get in and out of these I dont see how I can even consider getting involved unfortunately. If you watch it enough, you can almost feel the daily bottom...at which point, there is value. Today was a great example: just don't think Ripple/XRP sheds 50% without a bounce back...so if you bought near bottom, say $.90 or so, you'd be sitting with a nice number right now and could sell off, at profit. Granted, it takes a steel pair to sit through the gyrations...But if you were trading futures/options, you already own 'em.

     

    The market is currently dysfunctional in the crypto space...there is no clear and clean way to conduct a transaction...I cant swim with razors even if it looks fun.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieR44:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers: Crazy moves today in both directions...which points to the futures expiry as being the culprit. It also says that any bottom cannot be called as in because the move back was way too quick, this is like futures on futures on futures. Until there is a safe and efficient way to get in and out of these I dont see how I can even consider getting involved unfortunately. If you watch it enough, you can almost feel the daily bottom...at which point, there is value. Today was a great example: just don't think Ripple/XRP sheds 50% without a bounce back...so if you bought near bottom, say $.90 or so, you'd be sitting with a nice number right now and could sell off, at profit. Granted, it takes a steel pair to sit through the gyrations...But if you were trading futures/options, you already own 'em.

     

    The market is currently dysfunctional in the crypto space...there is no clear and clean way to conduct a transaction...I cant swim with razors even if it looks fun.

     
    meraby
    meraby
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 526
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 6:31 PM ET #216

    Every single beginning of the year - approximately at the same dates - precisely the same process repeats itself: the prices on the major crypto currencies drop while dragging along the smaller and less popular ones as well.
    Why?
    Very easy answer if you ever had work with profitable business and get an opinion from an accountant. This is the best time of the year to unload.To realize the cash. To cash in. Call it any way you are used to.
    And, what will happen now? Well, since it is also the time the big fish get rid of the small ones - what will happen the next is what I am doing right now: buying like crazy any crypto I can lay my hands on without paying the CEX prices and in many cases paying 2 to 4 percent less. 
    I advice you all to do the same.
    Thanks me later
    Reply
    Every single beginning of the year - approximately at the same dates - precisely the same process repeats itself: the prices on the major crypto currencies drop while dragging along the smaller and less popular ones as well.
    Why?
    Very easy answer if you ever had work with profitable business and get an opinion from an accountant. This is the best time of the year to unload.To realize the cash. To cash in. Call it any way you are used to.
    And, what will happen now? Well, since it is also the time the big fish get rid of the small ones - what will happen the next is what I am doing right now: buying like crazy any crypto I can lay my hands on without paying the CEX prices and in many cases paying 2 to 4 percent less. 
    I advice you all to do the same.
    Thanks me later
     
    meraby
    meraby
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 526
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 6:34 PM ET #217

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

     

    The market is currently dysfunctional in the crypto space...there is no clear and clean way to conduct a transaction...I cant swim with razors even if it looks fun.

    Unless you're a member in all kinds of FB and otherwise groups where you can buy or cell in a private manner - you're right 100% as there are no real facilities to accommodate the folk wanting to buy or sell unless you already have the currency and of course have accounts with few significant exchanges which almost none are accepting new members
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

     

    The market is currently dysfunctional in the crypto space...there is no clear and clean way to conduct a transaction...I cant swim with razors even if it looks fun.

    Unless you're a member in all kinds of FB and otherwise groups where you can buy or cell in a private manner - you're right 100% as there are no real facilities to accommodate the folk wanting to buy or sell unless you already have the currency and of course have accounts with few significant exchanges which almost none are accepting new members
     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 8:45 PM ET #218

    Quote Originally Posted by meraby:

    Every single beginning of the year - approximately at the same dates - precisely the same process repeats itself: the prices on the major crypto currencies drop while dragging along the smaller and less popular ones as well.Why?Very easy answer if you ever had work with profitable business and get an opinion from an accountant. This is the best time of the year to unload.To realize the cash. To cash in. Call it any way you are used to.And, what will happen now? Well, since it is also the time the big fish get rid of the small ones - what will happen the next is what I am doing right now: buying like crazy any crypto I can lay my hands on without paying the CEX prices and in many cases paying 2 to 4 percent less. I advice you all to do the same.Thanks me later

    I don't know about thanking you later, but I do lean your way in this...

    C'mon Capper, jump in...shark bites only hurt the first or second time around.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by meraby:

    Every single beginning of the year - approximately at the same dates - precisely the same process repeats itself: the prices on the major crypto currencies drop while dragging along the smaller and less popular ones as well.Why?Very easy answer if you ever had work with profitable business and get an opinion from an accountant. This is the best time of the year to unload.To realize the cash. To cash in. Call it any way you are used to.And, what will happen now? Well, since it is also the time the big fish get rid of the small ones - what will happen the next is what I am doing right now: buying like crazy any crypto I can lay my hands on without paying the CEX prices and in many cases paying 2 to 4 percent less. I advice you all to do the same.Thanks me later

    I don't know about thanking you later, but I do lean your way in this...

    C'mon Capper, jump in...shark bites only hurt the first or second time around.

     

     
    alangrrbs
    alangrrbs
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 4739
    Posted: Jan. 19, 2018 - 9:54 AM ET #219

    I've been a lurker in this thread for a while...haven't posted, but wanted to join the fun.  I have most of the obvious Crypts, BTC, ETH, LC, XRP.  Got into it seriously about a year ago.
      
    I'm shocked WallStreet isn't involved.  Shocked!!!  I'm with JamieR44.  It's a weird space to get into at first, but once you're involved you're hooked.  Especially when you buy Ripple at 1.20, sell at 2.60, buy again at .90, and have the chance to sell a day later at 1.50.  I figured something like that would be right up WallStreets alley!!!
    Reply
    I've been a lurker in this thread for a while...haven't posted, but wanted to join the fun.  I have most of the obvious Crypts, BTC, ETH, LC, XRP.  Got into it seriously about a year ago.
      
    I'm shocked WallStreet isn't involved.  Shocked!!!  I'm with JamieR44.  It's a weird space to get into at first, but once you're involved you're hooked.  Especially when you buy Ripple at 1.20, sell at 2.60, buy again at .90, and have the chance to sell a day later at 1.50.  I figured something like that would be right up WallStreets alley!!!
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 19, 2018 - 6:05 PM ET #220

    Neo 
    Icon 
    Lisk 
    Nas
    ChainLink 
    Cardano
    Dragonchain 
    HEROcoin 

    Reply
    Neo 
    Icon 
    Lisk 
    Nas
    ChainLink 
    Cardano
    Dragonchain 
    HEROcoin 

     
    meraby
    meraby
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 526
    Posted: Jan. 19, 2018 - 10:04 PM ET #221

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieR44:

    I don't know about thanking you later, but I do lean your way in this...

    C'mon Capper, jump in...shark bites only hurt the first or second time around.

     

    Wallstreets lost it a long time ago. He's not the same dude we used to know. It may be he sold his character to someone new who has no idea what Wallstreets was all about
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieR44:

    I don't know about thanking you later, but I do lean your way in this...

    C'mon Capper, jump in...shark bites only hurt the first or second time around.

     

    Wallstreets lost it a long time ago. He's not the same dude we used to know. It may be he sold his character to someone new who has no idea what Wallstreets was all about
     
    meraby
    meraby
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 526
    Posted: Jan. 19, 2018 - 10:06 PM ET #222

    Quote Originally Posted by alangrrbs:

    I've been a lurker in this thread for a while...haven't posted, but wanted to join the fun.  I have most of the obvious Crypts, BTC, ETH, LC, XRP.  Got into it seriously about a year ago.
      
    I'm shocked WallStreet isn't involved.  Shocked!!!  I'm with JamieR44.  It's a weird space to get into at first, but once you're involved you're hooked.  Especially when you buy Ripple at 1.20, sell at 2.60, buy again at .90, and have the chance to sell a day later at 1.50.  I figured something like that would be right up WallStreets alley!!!
    Nice job with Ripple. Wallstreets? State of shock. Still
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by alangrrbs:

    I've been a lurker in this thread for a while...haven't posted, but wanted to join the fun.  I have most of the obvious Crypts, BTC, ETH, LC, XRP.  Got into it seriously about a year ago.
      
    I'm shocked WallStreet isn't involved.  Shocked!!!  I'm with JamieR44.  It's a weird space to get into at first, but once you're involved you're hooked.  Especially when you buy Ripple at 1.20, sell at 2.60, buy again at .90, and have the chance to sell a day later at 1.50.  I figured something like that would be right up WallStreets alley!!!
    Nice job with Ripple. Wallstreets? State of shock. Still
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 19, 2018 - 11:58 PM ET #223

    Quote Originally Posted by alangrrbs:

    I've been a lurker in this thread for a while...haven't posted, but wanted to join the fun.  I have most of the obvious Crypts, BTC, ETH, LC, XRP.  Got into it seriously about a year ago.  I'm shocked WallStreet isn't involved.  Shocked!!!  I'm with JamieR44.  It's a weird space to get into at first, but once you're involved you're hooked.  Especially when you buy Ripple at 1.20, sell at 2.60, buy again at .90, and have the chance to sell a day later at 1.50.  I figured something like that would be right up WallStreets alley!!!

    I already said why I am hesitant and cannot jump in. This market is not functioning properly, there is no efficient way to transfer funds, buy and sell and get the money out...funds are not safe and the markets are not established at all. I love risk, in fact I like risk too much but this is not risk...this is risk and also jumping through 1000 hoops and waiting for clearance and wondering if you can transfer money if that money is safe, where you can find a market that you can buy what you want, sell what you want and have confidence. 

    I do not have confidence in the way this functions and I cannot risk money that way. I am not talking about 500 bucks, if I am interested in this I would want 10k plus, and I cant wonder if my money is going to land safely if my holdings are safe and if I can actually buy what I want with reasonable spreads and execution.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by alangrrbs:

    I've been a lurker in this thread for a while...haven't posted, but wanted to join the fun.  I have most of the obvious Crypts, BTC, ETH, LC, XRP.  Got into it seriously about a year ago.  I'm shocked WallStreet isn't involved.  Shocked!!!  I'm with JamieR44.  It's a weird space to get into at first, but once you're involved you're hooked.  Especially when you buy Ripple at 1.20, sell at 2.60, buy again at .90, and have the chance to sell a day later at 1.50.  I figured something like that would be right up WallStreets alley!!!

    I already said why I am hesitant and cannot jump in. This market is not functioning properly, there is no efficient way to transfer funds, buy and sell and get the money out...funds are not safe and the markets are not established at all. I love risk, in fact I like risk too much but this is not risk...this is risk and also jumping through 1000 hoops and waiting for clearance and wondering if you can transfer money if that money is safe, where you can find a market that you can buy what you want, sell what you want and have confidence. 

    I do not have confidence in the way this functions and I cannot risk money that way. I am not talking about 500 bucks, if I am interested in this I would want 10k plus, and I cant wonder if my money is going to land safely if my holdings are safe and if I can actually buy what I want with reasonable spreads and execution.

     
    jmitseff
    jmitseff
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 16283
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2018 - 4:41 AM ET #224

    Reply
     
     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2018 - 7:52 AM ET #225

    WallStreet: all the makes absolute perfect sense to me. It's definitely a bit of the Wild West out there.

    Reply

    WallStreet: all the makes absolute perfect sense to me. It's definitely a bit of the Wild West out there.

    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 91011 ... 146147148 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 451,543
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 632
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,210
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,014
    • PART DEUX 166
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 5,214
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,479
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,845
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,771
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,643

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.