Hopefully BTC holds 8500 and alts start to rip. BSV up 100% today and I have no idea why.
Crypto thread
Detox. I don't know how anyone thinks they know when a correction is coming. When Trump was initially elected the markets dropped 1000 points in the pre market trading. Every expert on every investment related channel predicted that the markets would go down to into bear market territory with Trump at the helm. I have family members that got spooked and sold everything.
I told them the same thing I tell everyone. YOU CAN NOT TIME THE MARKETS. IT'S TIME IN THE MARKETS THAT MATTERS. I preached and preached and all of my family members got back in but missed 20% to the upside.
The only thing that you got correct is that a correction will come. Will the market add another 20% plus before the correction? Another 25%? Only 10%? Who knows? Further, when the correction comes you will have to have the stomach to buy a market that is down and make another difficult decision. The odds of making two decisions perfectly is small. Also keep in mind that when you sell, you give up your income stream (capital distributions and dividends). This loss of 3% puts even more pressure for you to make the correct "sell off" and "risk on" decisions.
I have been at this a long time and I know timing the market is a losers game.
Detox. I don't know how anyone thinks they know when a correction is coming. When Trump was initially elected the markets dropped 1000 points in the pre market trading. Every expert on every investment related channel predicted that the markets would go down to into bear market territory with Trump at the helm. I have family members that got spooked and sold everything.
I told them the same thing I tell everyone. YOU CAN NOT TIME THE MARKETS. IT'S TIME IN THE MARKETS THAT MATTERS. I preached and preached and all of my family members got back in but missed 20% to the upside.
The only thing that you got correct is that a correction will come. Will the market add another 20% plus before the correction? Another 25%? Only 10%? Who knows? Further, when the correction comes you will have to have the stomach to buy a market that is down and make another difficult decision. The odds of making two decisions perfectly is small. Also keep in mind that when you sell, you give up your income stream (capital distributions and dividends). This loss of 3% puts even more pressure for you to make the correct "sell off" and "risk on" decisions.
I have been at this a long time and I know timing the market is a losers game.
It seemed pretty easy to know when the bottom of the stock market and housing market was. This top looks just as easy. Let’s say it climbs another 10% and then drops 35%, was I right or was I right?
Cardano
Bitcoin
Gold
Cash
It seemed pretty easy to know when the bottom of the stock market and housing market was. This top looks just as easy. Let’s say it climbs another 10% and then drops 35%, was I right or was I right?
Cardano
Bitcoin
Gold
Cash
Pre Halving 1: +663%
Post Halving 1: +3400%
Pre Halving 2: +383%
Post Halving 2: +4080%
Most of Bitcoins growth as the result of the halving occurs after the halving.
The 3rd halving is coming May 12, 2020
Pre Halving 1: +663%
Post Halving 1: +3400%
Pre Halving 2: +383%
Post Halving 2: +4080%
Most of Bitcoins growth as the result of the halving occurs after the halving.
The 3rd halving is coming May 12, 2020
Detox. Obviously if it goes 10% up and 35% down you will look like a genius. What if it goes 35% and 10% in reverse?
To say it looks "easy" is just using statistics to validate your desires. Warren Buffett advises that people not try to time the markets because it's mostly a guessing game. Everyone can look back in hindsight and say timing the market is easy. What matters is what happens moving forward.
Detox. Obviously if it goes 10% up and 35% down you will look like a genius. What if it goes 35% and 10% in reverse?
To say it looks "easy" is just using statistics to validate your desires. Warren Buffett advises that people not try to time the markets because it's mostly a guessing game. Everyone can look back in hindsight and say timing the market is easy. What matters is what happens moving forward.
When arguably the best investor in the world holds a $128 Billion cash position. Berkshire Hathaway’s cash position was $23 Billion in 2009.
It appears to me that he is trying to time the market.
Or am I missing something here?
When arguably the best investor in the world holds a $128 Billion cash position. Berkshire Hathaway’s cash position was $23 Billion in 2009.
It appears to me that he is trying to time the market.
Or am I missing something here?
I guess like all things Detox, we will wait and see.
Obviously, a correction is coming eventually. They always do.
I read this somewhere recently (can't quote the source but it's likely you heard it). Over the past 5 decades, if you missed the biggest 25 up days along with the 25 biggest down days in the markets trying to time the markets, you would be underperforming the s&p index by nearly 1000%.
Your strategy sounds better in theory rather than in practice.
I guess like all things Detox, we will wait and see.
Obviously, a correction is coming eventually. They always do.
I read this somewhere recently (can't quote the source but it's likely you heard it). Over the past 5 decades, if you missed the biggest 25 up days along with the 25 biggest down days in the markets trying to time the markets, you would be underperforming the s&p index by nearly 1000%.
Your strategy sounds better in theory rather than in practice.
When arguably the best investor in the world holds a $128 Billion cash position. Berkshire Hathaway’s cash position was $23 Billion in 2009. It appears to me that he is trying to time the market. Or am I missing something here?
I don't know if I would go so far as to say Buffett is timing the market ; it is more him acknowledging that the market is expensive and he can't find any bargains out there to buy. He has even written about this latter point in recent months. Keep in mind Buffett's businesses generate huge amounts of cash, so the huge cash pile is generated by the businesses, not him selling stock
Also, it would help if Berkshire paid a dividend to his shareholders. That would help wittle away at the huge cash pile. He is getting heat from a fair amount of investors about him just sitting on a cash pile that earns next to nothing
When arguably the best investor in the world holds a $128 Billion cash position. Berkshire Hathaway’s cash position was $23 Billion in 2009. It appears to me that he is trying to time the market. Or am I missing something here?
I don't know if I would go so far as to say Buffett is timing the market ; it is more him acknowledging that the market is expensive and he can't find any bargains out there to buy. He has even written about this latter point in recent months. Keep in mind Buffett's businesses generate huge amounts of cash, so the huge cash pile is generated by the businesses, not him selling stock
Also, it would help if Berkshire paid a dividend to his shareholders. That would help wittle away at the huge cash pile. He is getting heat from a fair amount of investors about him just sitting on a cash pile that earns next to nothing
I will say that this just might be the most fascinating thread on this entire site. I might look like a genius in predicting that Bitcoin would trade between 6-10k for such a long time....but I might look like a fool if the experts predictions of 100k ever come true.
Bitcoin may truly be the most unpredictable asset ever created.
I will say that this just might be the most fascinating thread on this entire site. I might look like a genius in predicting that Bitcoin would trade between 6-10k for such a long time....but I might look like a fool if the experts predictions of 100k ever come true.
Bitcoin may truly be the most unpredictable asset ever created.
Detox. It's mindboggling how TSLA was $178 just 6 months ago. 100 shares would have made $58,000 in profits. I agree with you on the idea of shorting it but think about how many people shorted it after the last run up? They got squashed like a bug on the windshield. This thing is moving so fast I'm sure it's ripple effect is creating a ton of margin calls.
NOW at $758. ![]()
Detox. It's mindboggling how TSLA was $178 just 6 months ago. 100 shares would have made $58,000 in profits. I agree with you on the idea of shorting it but think about how many people shorted it after the last run up? They got squashed like a bug on the windshield. This thing is moving so fast I'm sure it's ripple effect is creating a ton of margin calls.
NOW at $758. ![]()
Yeah TSLA is A SUB 50 buck stock but most will not be in the game to see it. I just shake my head and watch them scorch the shorts and then reverse it.
Yeah TSLA is A SUB 50 buck stock but most will not be in the game to see it. I just shake my head and watch them scorch the shorts and then reverse it.
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,667
- Tuesday 09/29/2026 636
- Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,212
- The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,292
- PART DEUX 251
- I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,016
- NFL LOCKED IN! 102,495
- You asked for more winners- here you go 1,458
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,821
- That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 619
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
