• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    Crypto thread

    «First Previous 242526 ... 146147148 Next Last»
    I_Need_A_Detox
    wallstreetcappers
    gambleholic63
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 29143
    Posts: 3681
    «First Previous 242526 ... 146147148 Next Last»
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 2, 2020 - 8:04 PM ET #576

    The cardano market cap is around $850m. I think in the next bull market it could reach $100b and will definitely reach $40b. 

     

    Im not really sure what point you’re trying to make. The numbers I got are rounded from CMC. 

    Reply

    The cardano market cap is around $850m. I think in the next bull market it could reach $100b and will definitely reach $40b. 

     

    Im not really sure what point you’re trying to make. The numbers I got are rounded from CMC. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 2, 2020 - 9:05 PM ET #577

    18 million in existence vs 25 billion is a huge difference. 

     

    But so isnt $6800 per Bitcoin and $0.03 per ADA. 

     

    I’m trying to go 30x from here. 

     

    IMO it’s more likely that ADA goes to $0.90 than BTC to $210,000. 

    Reply

    18 million in existence vs 25 billion is a huge difference. 

     

    But so isnt $6800 per Bitcoin and $0.03 per ADA. 

     

    I’m trying to go 30x from here. 

     

    IMO it’s more likely that ADA goes to $0.90 than BTC to $210,000. 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 2, 2020 - 9:31 PM ET #578

    Post 573 you listed 26M on ADA and so I thought saying that the number is really BILLION was worth mentioning...that float is unbelievable and to move it would take a tsunami.

    Reply

    Post 573 you listed 26M on ADA and so I thought saying that the number is really BILLION was worth mentioning...that float is unbelievable and to move it would take a tsunami.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2020 - 6:10 AM ET #579

    Yeah my fault on that one. 

     

    It it would take roughly $850 million to move Cardano up 100% to $0.06. 

     

    It would take roughy $130 billion to move BTC up 100% to $14,600. 

     

    I dont understand the point you’re trying to make. 

    Reply

    Yeah my fault on that one. 

     

    It it would take roughly $850 million to move Cardano up 100% to $0.06. 

     

    It would take roughy $130 billion to move BTC up 100% to $14,600. 

     

    I dont understand the point you’re trying to make. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2020 - 6:17 AM ET #580

    2019 total transaction in USD value: 

     

    Chase bank credit cards- $0.4 Trillion 

    PayPal- $0.7 Trillion 

    Bitcoin- $3.8 Trillion 

    All digital payments on the internet $4.1 Trillion 

     

    Reply

    2019 total transaction in USD value: 

     

    Chase bank credit cards- $0.4 Trillion 

    PayPal- $0.7 Trillion 

    Bitcoin- $3.8 Trillion 

    All digital payments on the internet $4.1 Trillion 

     

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2020 - 11:00 AM ET #581

    The point I am making is that relative performance is a BIG deal, if you have a basket of potential investment opportunities and they have many similarities and in fact they are considered in the same general category as an investment then evaluating them relative to each other (relative performance) is how you should try and pick the strongest performer in the asset class and usually choosing the stronger performer will bring solid results. Thats why I said unless there is something unexpected to drive ADA I dont know why someone would pick a low performer when there are better choices. It isnt about how many pieces of the asset you can own its picking the one which is going to perform better for you as an investment. 

    That really is the only point to make and I am not sure what is difficult about that concept.

    Reply

    The point I am making is that relative performance is a BIG deal, if you have a basket of potential investment opportunities and they have many similarities and in fact they are considered in the same general category as an investment then evaluating them relative to each other (relative performance) is how you should try and pick the strongest performer in the asset class and usually choosing the stronger performer will bring solid results. Thats why I said unless there is something unexpected to drive ADA I dont know why someone would pick a low performer when there are better choices. It isnt about how many pieces of the asset you can own its picking the one which is going to perform better for you as an investment. 

    That really is the only point to make and I am not sure what is difficult about that concept.

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2020 - 11:00 AM ET #582

    The point I am making is that relative performance is a BIG deal, if you have a basket of potential investment opportunities and they have many similarities and in fact they are considered in the same general category as an investment then evaluating them relative to each other (relative performance) is how you should try and pick the strongest performer in the asset class and usually choosing the stronger performer will bring solid results. Thats why I said unless there is something unexpected to drive ADA I dont know why someone would pick a low performer when there are better choices. It isnt about how many pieces of the asset you can own its picking the one which is going to perform better for you as an investment. 

    That really is the only point to make and I am not sure what is difficult about that concept.

    Reply

    The point I am making is that relative performance is a BIG deal, if you have a basket of potential investment opportunities and they have many similarities and in fact they are considered in the same general category as an investment then evaluating them relative to each other (relative performance) is how you should try and pick the strongest performer in the asset class and usually choosing the stronger performer will bring solid results. Thats why I said unless there is something unexpected to drive ADA I dont know why someone would pick a low performer when there are better choices. It isnt about how many pieces of the asset you can own its picking the one which is going to perform better for you as an investment. 

    That really is the only point to make and I am not sure what is difficult about that concept.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2020 - 12:23 PM ET #583

    I think Cardano will perform the best as an investment over the next 1-5 years. 

     

    You can put your investment down and we can revisit at a later date. 

    Reply

    I think Cardano will perform the best as an investment over the next 1-5 years. 

     

    You can put your investment down and we can revisit at a later date. 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2020 - 1:03 PM ET #584

    I hope it does, I have all the stuff setup so I can purchase when I want plus the USB drive security thingy but I am not motivated at these prices for the items I want to own. I am also not sure that the Nano I have works with ADA. I know it is limited on what it will hold.

    Reply

    I hope it does, I have all the stuff setup so I can purchase when I want plus the USB drive security thingy but I am not motivated at these prices for the items I want to own. I am also not sure that the Nano I have works with ADA. I know it is limited on what it will hold.

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2020 - 1:21 PM ET #585

    This conversation makes me think of the restaurant business in that 90% of all restaurants fail. Some make money for a while and fail. Some make money for a decade and fail while some last forever (or forever as it pertains to our lifetime). Some time ago, I read the same thing about crypto in that 90% of the tokens will fall to zero. 

    So....10% will survive and become the next McDonalds (not the best example of a great restaurant, but a profitable one)!

    Considering that 90% will fail, isn't it best that if you choose to invest in this space that you just stick with Bitcoin?

    I'm not in restaurants or Bitcoin, and gambling is certainly not restricted to sports-betting or in casinos or poker, so I understand the logic in picking the long shot crypto coin. But still, wouldn't Bitcoin be the wisest long term choice???

     

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    This conversation makes me think of the restaurant business in that 90% of all restaurants fail. Some make money for a while and fail. Some make money for a decade and fail while some last forever (or forever as it pertains to our lifetime). Some time ago, I read the same thing about crypto in that 90% of the tokens will fall to zero. 

    So....10% will survive and become the next McDonalds (not the best example of a great restaurant, but a profitable one)!

    Considering that 90% will fail, isn't it best that if you choose to invest in this space that you just stick with Bitcoin?

    I'm not in restaurants or Bitcoin, and gambling is certainly not restricted to sports-betting or in casinos or poker, so I understand the logic in picking the long shot crypto coin. But still, wouldn't Bitcoin be the wisest long term choice???

     

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2020 - 1:30 PM ET #586

    Well, you could be right and a lot of people in the space agree with you but Bitcoin is already up 9,000,000% 

     

     

    Reply

    Well, you could be right and a lot of people in the space agree with you but Bitcoin is already up 9,000,000% 

     

     

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2020 - 1:36 PM ET #587

    Yoroi app is fine as a cardano wallet. Have to go Coinbase —> Binance US —> Yoroi wallet. 

     

    Kind of a pain but it is what it is. 

    Reply

    Yoroi app is fine as a cardano wallet. Have to go Coinbase —> Binance US —> Yoroi wallet. 

     

    Kind of a pain but it is what it is. 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2020 - 1:52 PM ET #588

    Yeah I am in that same camp, I'd consider LTC but for sure Bitcoin is where I would want to go if I were to get involved. I hate the hoops and the float with most of these...and then you have one like XRP who went from 3 to less than 30 cents and seems to have lost their path.

    I dont mind taking some cash to take a gamble on stuff but I consider ADA and most all of the alts to be penny stocks and they will not survive. Maybe a handful will but most are dead in the water.

    Reply

    Yeah I am in that same camp, I'd consider LTC but for sure Bitcoin is where I would want to go if I were to get involved. I hate the hoops and the float with most of these...and then you have one like XRP who went from 3 to less than 30 cents and seems to have lost their path.

    I dont mind taking some cash to take a gamble on stuff but I consider ADA and most all of the alts to be penny stocks and they will not survive. Maybe a handful will but most are dead in the water.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2020 - 5:50 PM ET #589

    Cardano hasn’t even released their product yet. The testnet was just released. The mainnet is scheduled to be released by June or something. 

     

    Take a look at some of his videos and look at their team. 

    Reply

    Cardano hasn’t even released their product yet. The testnet was just released. The mainnet is scheduled to be released by June or something. 

     

    Take a look at some of his videos and look at their team. 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2020 - 6:33 PM ET #590

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Cardano hasn’t even released their product yet. The testnet was just released. The mainnet is scheduled to be released by June or something.    Take a look at some of his videos and look at their team.

    Then why are they floating the crap out of it so early? Are they needing the cash so bad that they are letting it fall like this knowing the release time is still to come? Was the float always 26B or has that changed in the last year or two and what will make it increase going forward?

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Cardano hasn’t even released their product yet. The testnet was just released. The mainnet is scheduled to be released by June or something.    Take a look at some of his videos and look at their team.

    Then why are they floating the crap out of it so early? Are they needing the cash so bad that they are letting it fall like this knowing the release time is still to come? Was the float always 26B or has that changed in the last year or two and what will make it increase going forward?

     

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2020 - 8:17 AM ET #591

    26b sold in ico I think 

    Reply

    26b sold in ico I think 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2020 - 8:21 PM ET #592

    Nice to see BTC pumping as uncertainty sets in around the world. Brings legitimacy to BTC to see it pump alongside gold right now. 

     

    Thoughts? 

    Reply

    Nice to see BTC pumping as uncertainty sets in around the world. Brings legitimacy to BTC to see it pump alongside gold right now. 

     

    Thoughts? 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2020 - 2:32 PM ET #593

    Cashed out all of my stocks just now. 

    For reference: 

    NYSE 14,023

    Dow Jones 28,876 

    SPY 327 

     

    Buying 

    Gold 1,550 oz 

    BTC 8,100 

     

    Anyone with a brain thinks this dumb. We’ll see. 

    Reply

    Cashed out all of my stocks just now. 

    For reference: 

    NYSE 14,023

    Dow Jones 28,876 

    SPY 327 

     

    Buying 

    Gold 1,550 oz 

    BTC 8,100 

     

    Anyone with a brain thinks this dumb. We’ll see. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2020 - 2:43 PM ET #594

    I can’t even talk to people about this stuff. It’s too crazy. 

     

    Thinking about cashing in my 401k as well. If I have a couple 100k in there, it’s a 10% early withdrawal fee + taxable income at the 35% rate? That might be a little too crazy tbh. 

     

    Would love for gold and bitcoin to pump as the markets (financial/housing) tank over the next 2-5 years.  

     

    Thoughts? 

    Reply

    I can’t even talk to people about this stuff. It’s too crazy. 

     

    Thinking about cashing in my 401k as well. If I have a couple 100k in there, it’s a 10% early withdrawal fee + taxable income at the 35% rate? That might be a little too crazy tbh. 

     

    Would love for gold and bitcoin to pump as the markets (financial/housing) tank over the next 2-5 years.  

     

    Thoughts? 

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2020 - 2:50 PM ET #595

    Detox. Please reconsider. Think about the hypothetical bet you made with me here in this thread 3 years ago. You gave me the SPY and you took Bitcoin. I'm not sure what the numbers were but I remember what I told you and it went something like this...."this is a bet that you can only win in the short run. In the long run you will be guaranteed to lose". Anyway, you already lost this bet in the short run.....how is the long run going to be better?

    Why bet against something with decades and decades and decades of proven growth of wealth for something so risky. 

    Please don't do it.

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Detox. Please reconsider. Think about the hypothetical bet you made with me here in this thread 3 years ago. You gave me the SPY and you took Bitcoin. I'm not sure what the numbers were but I remember what I told you and it went something like this...."this is a bet that you can only win in the short run. In the long run you will be guaranteed to lose". Anyway, you already lost this bet in the short run.....how is the long run going to be better?

    Why bet against something with decades and decades and decades of proven growth of wealth for something so risky. 

    Please don't do it.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2020 - 4:02 PM ET #596

    I sold my stocks. I had a few multi-families, I sold 2. This is the top. When rents can’t even cover mortgages on multi-families with 25% down. How can it go higher? Probably won’t sell 401k, although I think I should. 

     

    Positions: 

    Cardano 

    BTC

    Gold

    Cash 

    Reply

    I sold my stocks. I had a few multi-families, I sold 2. This is the top. When rents can’t even cover mortgages on multi-families with 25% down. How can it go higher? Probably won’t sell 401k, although I think I should. 

     

    Positions: 

    Cardano 

    BTC

    Gold

    Cash 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2020 - 4:07 PM ET #597

    I didn’t understand why everyone wasn’t buying real estate and stocks 2009-2011 and I don’t understand why everyone isn’t selling now. Doesn’t make any sense to me. I don’t think I’ll be timing it perfectly but I think my timing will be pretty good in the big picture. 

    Reply

    I didn’t understand why everyone wasn’t buying real estate and stocks 2009-2011 and I don’t understand why everyone isn’t selling now. Doesn’t make any sense to me. I don’t think I’ll be timing it perfectly but I think my timing will be pretty good in the big picture. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2020 - 4:24 PM ET #598

    Berkshire Hathaway has a $128B cash position for a reason. They’re currently getting laughed at. They will soon look like the geniuses that they are. 

    Reply

    Berkshire Hathaway has a $128B cash position for a reason. They’re currently getting laughed at. They will soon look like the geniuses that they are. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2020 - 5:07 PM ET #599

    I’m a Trump guy but there is a 0% chance he goes through 8 years of a booming market. I think the market will start going down and it will be looki

    Reply

    I’m a Trump guy but there is a 0% chance he goes through 8 years of a booming market. I think the market will start going down and it will be looki

     
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2020 - 5:11 PM ET #600

    The market will be looking shaky in a few months when the election picks up. Trump will win. The markets will get crushed in his second term. Trump, Deregulation and Capitalism will be to blame. 

     

    (this website is awful. it’s the only site that gives me trouble) 

    Reply

    The market will be looking shaky in a few months when the election picks up. Trump will win. The markets will get crushed in his second term. Trump, Deregulation and Capitalism will be to blame. 

     

    (this website is awful. it’s the only site that gives me trouble) 

    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 242526 ... 146147148 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,668
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 636
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,212
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,302
    • PART DEUX 251
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,016
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,498
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 1,460
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,822
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 619

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.