• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    Crypto thread

    «First Previous 212223 ... 146147148 Next Last»
    nature1970
    wallstreetcappers
    gambleholic63
    I_Need_A_Detox
    BIGfnPOO
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 29143
    Posts: 3681
    «First Previous 212223 ... 146147148 Next Last»
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Aug. 16, 2018 - 5:32 PM ET #501

    The problem with mining the coins in the block chain is costs nearly 4500 in damages to equipment and energy used as the calculations become more and more complex the unused coins still available become more costly to extract.

    next problem is not hacking but students able to use university equipment fre of user charges... with those schools computers designers and equipment they race against each ternani coins. New coins come from this arenas. On e a coin is made then that no longer exists.... and the competition must go through that to get a behind the start to the next available coin....

    finally Governments purchasing coverttt weapons for areas not allowed to be furnished weopon systems must use bit coin as yuan’s and usd directly would be a Geneva wart cartine violation. Hancetthe need for digital currency and the demand stable the coins harde4f and harder to mine. The price must rise

    Reply

    The problem with mining the coins in the block chain is costs nearly 4500 in damages to equipment and energy used as the calculations become more and more complex the unused coins still available become more costly to extract.

    next problem is not hacking but students able to use university equipment fre of user charges... with those schools computers designers and equipment they race against each ternani coins. New coins come from this arenas. On e a coin is made then that no longer exists.... and the competition must go through that to get a behind the start to the next available coin....

    finally Governments purchasing coverttt weapons for areas not allowed to be furnished weopon systems must use bit coin as yuan’s and usd directly would be a Geneva wart cartine violation. Hancetthe need for digital currency and the demand stable the coins harde4f and harder to mine. The price must rise

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2018 - 12:50 PM ET #502

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    Wall, let's not kid ourselves about  BC, and take a slightly longer term perspective.  It has lost 70% from it's all time-high less than a year ago  !!    -70% !! ...   That is atrocious. This stuff is so dangerous and volatile that no one should have more than 5% of their money in it.  It has no value other than a trading vehicle, too volatile to be used as a currency in everyday commerce, and then you got to worry about the hackers (Mt. Gox ?)   What's not to love ? This stuff is "digital gold" ... only worse.   At least w/ gold, you don't have to worry about hackers...

     

    Yeah and technically its not been positive for quite some time..meaning it cannot move higher and it seems to be making lower cycle lows as it goes. It is interesting how these future expiry days really crush the group and to think people want a BTC ETF...that is pure lunacy the big whales can short that thing to zero and get options on the ETF etc, the LAST thing someone who owns any of these should want is any mainstream ETF vehicles for these.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    Wall, let's not kid ourselves about  BC, and take a slightly longer term perspective.  It has lost 70% from it's all time-high less than a year ago  !!    -70% !! ...   That is atrocious. This stuff is so dangerous and volatile that no one should have more than 5% of their money in it.  It has no value other than a trading vehicle, too volatile to be used as a currency in everyday commerce, and then you got to worry about the hackers (Mt. Gox ?)   What's not to love ? This stuff is "digital gold" ... only worse.   At least w/ gold, you don't have to worry about hackers...

     

    Yeah and technically its not been positive for quite some time..meaning it cannot move higher and it seems to be making lower cycle lows as it goes. It is interesting how these future expiry days really crush the group and to think people want a BTC ETF...that is pure lunacy the big whales can short that thing to zero and get options on the ETF etc, the LAST thing someone who owns any of these should want is any mainstream ETF vehicles for these.

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2018 - 9:21 PM ET #503

    Bitcoin seems to have found a home at $6,400.....I wonder how long until the bottom falls out?

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Bitcoin seems to have found a home at $6,400.....I wonder how long until the bottom falls out?

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2018 - 11:09 AM ET #504

    Bitcoin has never been hacked 
    Reply
    Bitcoin has never been hacked 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2018 - 11:19 AM ET #505

    "I am a major long-term bull on BTC. I believe the narrative of $50,000, even $500,000 BTC. (...) BTC is marking time before the grand show – another parabolic advance." — @PeterLBrandt's Factor Update, November 10, 2018

    Reply

    "I am a major long-term bull on BTC. I believe the narrative of $50,000, even $500,000 BTC. (...) BTC is marking time before the grand show – another parabolic advance." — @PeterLBrandt's Factor Update, November 10, 2018

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2018 - 7:55 PM ET #506

    I suppose that we can now officially dismiss the notion that Bitcoin is like gold (the bars) in its regard as a "safe haven". It is becoming more and more apparent to my eyes that the recent declines in the stock markets are having a direct negative affect on the price of Bitcoin. The safe havens are and will always be cash and gold. 

    I believe that when the markets recover, Bitcoin may get a bump upward as greedy investors seek parabolic returns outside of the markets. Outside of that, Bitcoin looks like dead money even at 5K. 

    Wall....you predicted this nearly three months ago. Very nice call!

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    I suppose that we can now officially dismiss the notion that Bitcoin is like gold (the bars) in its regard as a "safe haven". It is becoming more and more apparent to my eyes that the recent declines in the stock markets are having a direct negative affect on the price of Bitcoin. The safe havens are and will always be cash and gold. 

    I believe that when the markets recover, Bitcoin may get a bump upward as greedy investors seek parabolic returns outside of the markets. Outside of that, Bitcoin looks like dead money even at 5K. 

    Wall....you predicted this nearly three months ago. Very nice call!

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Nov. 24, 2018 - 9:58 PM ET #507

    Yeah kind of scary remembering back when people were saying to buy this and that and that I was missing out on this opportunity.

    I seem to remember that I should buy XRP at 3 and ADA at 1 and XLM at 1 etc.

    Id be interested now in LTC under 10, XMR under 25, I might even set up an acct so if I want to purchase something I can, but the severity of the drop makes me think even down here it is not done yet.

    For how bad the selling is, pull up a 2 yr chart, most all of these names are still way above a two year chart...so they can for sure get cheaper.

    Reply

    Yeah kind of scary remembering back when people were saying to buy this and that and that I was missing out on this opportunity.

    I seem to remember that I should buy XRP at 3 and ADA at 1 and XLM at 1 etc.

    Id be interested now in LTC under 10, XMR under 25, I might even set up an acct so if I want to purchase something I can, but the severity of the drop makes me think even down here it is not done yet.

    For how bad the selling is, pull up a 2 yr chart, most all of these names are still way above a two year chart...so they can for sure get cheaper.

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2018 - 12:26 AM ET #508

    I preached to anyone I knew in Bitcoin to take profits last year. Some did, some didn't. I'm old enough to know that most get  rich quick schemes don't end well. I hesitated to use the word "scheme" in describing crypto and Bitcoin but then I thought about all of the Facebook adds selling crypto hardware and software and all of the other crooked coins out there. 

    So many people got scammed on all of these various coins. I still remember a few that actually made it on CNBC before they were exposed. I wonder how many of those crooked operators end up in prison?

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    I preached to anyone I knew in Bitcoin to take profits last year. Some did, some didn't. I'm old enough to know that most get  rich quick schemes don't end well. I hesitated to use the word "scheme" in describing crypto and Bitcoin but then I thought about all of the Facebook adds selling crypto hardware and software and all of the other crooked coins out there. 

    So many people got scammed on all of these various coins. I still remember a few that actually made it on CNBC before they were exposed. I wonder how many of those crooked operators end up in prison?

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 6, 2018 - 9:40 PM ET #509

    Ok so I guess its time for me to start looking up what wallets and funding options there are and that which makes the most privacy and safety. I did some research that these wallets can vary for safety, features, what coins you can buy and I read some reviews on a few of them.

    So what out is the best for safety, ease, liquidity, fast clearing, large number of coins to hold etc..I will shoot straight with this meaning I am not looking to try and cheat the government on any gains or avoid the IRS in any way.

    Reply

    Ok so I guess its time for me to start looking up what wallets and funding options there are and that which makes the most privacy and safety. I did some research that these wallets can vary for safety, features, what coins you can buy and I read some reviews on a few of them.

    So what out is the best for safety, ease, liquidity, fast clearing, large number of coins to hold etc..I will shoot straight with this meaning I am not looking to try and cheat the government on any gains or avoid the IRS in any way.

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2018 - 9:47 PM ET #510

    Opened with Coinbase, the hoops were crazy and linking my bank account was a hassle. I have not deposited to the fiat section yet but I guess I am able.

    I noticed that Coinbase has a wallet for some of the coins but I am considering buying that Ledger storage thing so if I do buy some then they wont be held online.

    Reply

    Opened with Coinbase, the hoops were crazy and linking my bank account was a hassle. I have not deposited to the fiat section yet but I guess I am able.

    I noticed that Coinbase has a wallet for some of the coins but I am considering buying that Ledger storage thing so if I do buy some then they wont be held online.

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2018 - 1:03 PM ET #511

    I was not impressed with Coinbase. I set up an account there but never deposited any USD because it took them over a week to handle a simple customer service issue with my logon password (which I had correct but was being denied for reasons unknown). 

    Anyway, Bitcoin has seen a nice bump up this week but I doubt we go higher. Bitcoin is still impractical as a currency, impossible to use as a store of value due to its volatility, and is still subject to hacks/thievery. Bitcoin remains a speculative investment that only benefits you at any buy price unless someone else is willing to pay more. Now that the mania has settled down, only the big players will make Bitcoin go higher. But what fundamentals are in place? Bitcoin provides no value within itself (no dividend) and consumes as much or more in assets (computer power and electricity) as it is technically worth. 

    I warned everyone about this at 5K, 10K, and 19K and then on the way down to where it is now. I'm surprised you are considering this Wall? I know you are a market bear, but surely there are better places to make money.

     

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    I was not impressed with Coinbase. I set up an account there but never deposited any USD because it took them over a week to handle a simple customer service issue with my logon password (which I had correct but was being denied for reasons unknown). 

    Anyway, Bitcoin has seen a nice bump up this week but I doubt we go higher. Bitcoin is still impractical as a currency, impossible to use as a store of value due to its volatility, and is still subject to hacks/thievery. Bitcoin remains a speculative investment that only benefits you at any buy price unless someone else is willing to pay more. Now that the mania has settled down, only the big players will make Bitcoin go higher. But what fundamentals are in place? Bitcoin provides no value within itself (no dividend) and consumes as much or more in assets (computer power and electricity) as it is technically worth. 

    I warned everyone about this at 5K, 10K, and 19K and then on the way down to where it is now. I'm surprised you are considering this Wall? I know you are a market bear, but surely there are better places to make money.

     

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2018 - 3:03 PM ET #512

    Yeah I think this isnt going away and the prices for most all of these are severely oversold but as you mention they can get even more oversold for sure.

    I have Coinbase all setup but have not transferred cash to the platform yet,  I dont know how long their ACH clearing takes but I should move some just in case. 

    Watching those that moved more during this bump is telling, I saw that EOS really moved up, LTC not as much relatively speaking.

    Ill see if I want to give it a shot, this isnt some long term position rather thinking the first of the year might see a move higher off these severe lows.

    Reply

    Yeah I think this isnt going away and the prices for most all of these are severely oversold but as you mention they can get even more oversold for sure.

    I have Coinbase all setup but have not transferred cash to the platform yet,  I dont know how long their ACH clearing takes but I should move some just in case. 

    Watching those that moved more during this bump is telling, I saw that EOS really moved up, LTC not as much relatively speaking.

    Ill see if I want to give it a shot, this isnt some long term position rather thinking the first of the year might see a move higher off these severe lows.

     
    BIGfnPOO
    BIGfnPOO
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 18880
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2019 - 11:09 PM ET #513

    I had initial hiccups with coinable ,lately very fluid..ACH hit immediately. WSt.
    bigFnPOO
    Reply
    I had initial hiccups with coinable ,lately very fluid..ACH hit immediately. WSt.
     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2019 - 1:38 PM ET #514

    The advertisers pitching 5K Bitcoin mining hardware have disappeared and startup mining costs continue to fall. A person so inclined, can get involved in mining BTC for a much lower cost when compared to the past few years indicating that the "mania" phase is now dead and buried. This should contribute to allowing the price of BTC to finally settle down and find a long term price where it would theoretically stabilize (aka the long term price of gold). Whatever that price is, I'm not interested.

    Whenever I hear the so called "experts" call for a return to 20k or 50K BTC, I scratch my head. I don't believe the mania will ever return to lift Bitcoin to these levels. I almost see it as an impossibility. Bitcoin evolving into a currency over the next 10 years would only serve to reduce the volatility in its price. People looking to get rich here should definitely be looking elsewhere. It ain't happening. 

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    The advertisers pitching 5K Bitcoin mining hardware have disappeared and startup mining costs continue to fall. A person so inclined, can get involved in mining BTC for a much lower cost when compared to the past few years indicating that the "mania" phase is now dead and buried. This should contribute to allowing the price of BTC to finally settle down and find a long term price where it would theoretically stabilize (aka the long term price of gold). Whatever that price is, I'm not interested.

    Whenever I hear the so called "experts" call for a return to 20k or 50K BTC, I scratch my head. I don't believe the mania will ever return to lift Bitcoin to these levels. I almost see it as an impossibility. Bitcoin evolving into a currency over the next 10 years would only serve to reduce the volatility in its price. People looking to get rich here should definitely be looking elsewhere. It ain't happening. 

     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2019 - 1:45 PM ET #515

    Meanwhile back in Canada...

    QuadrigaCX filed for creditor protection in Nova Scotia. This is a bizzare story. They cannot access cold storage funds. Do not store your crypto on an exchange. 

     

     

    Reply

    Meanwhile back in Canada...

    QuadrigaCX filed for creditor protection in Nova Scotia. This is a bizzare story. They cannot access cold storage funds. Do not store your crypto on an exchange. 

     

     

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2019 - 6:00 PM ET #516

    Yeah Hockey Teeth. It's just a big mess and just like guys like Madoff exist in the equity investment world, you can be sure that a slew of criminals are busy stealing crypto and fiat at this very minute somewhere miles and miles away from the QuadrigaCX situation that is currently unfolding. The bad players in crypto are going to steal as much as they can as fast as they can before regulation catches up.

     

     

     

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Yeah Hockey Teeth. It's just a big mess and just like guys like Madoff exist in the equity investment world, you can be sure that a slew of criminals are busy stealing crypto and fiat at this very minute somewhere miles and miles away from the QuadrigaCX situation that is currently unfolding. The bad players in crypto are going to steal as much as they can as fast as they can before regulation catches up.

     

     

     

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2019 - 12:19 PM ET #517

    So now it seems that Gerald Cotton is being rumored to having faked his own disappearance and death in India and has made off with 190M in Bitcoin. 

    Regardless of the fact of his actual or faked death, for crypto owners the result is the same. They are left with lint in their pockets....broke and busted. 

    What a scam!

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    So now it seems that Gerald Cotton is being rumored to having faked his own disappearance and death in India and has made off with 190M in Bitcoin. 

    Regardless of the fact of his actual or faked death, for crypto owners the result is the same. They are left with lint in their pockets....broke and busted. 

    What a scam!

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2019 - 12:19 PM ET #518

    UPDATE: QUADRIGACX!!!

    So, the un-hackable cold wallets were not frozen shut as the passwords were discovered.....and guess what??? The 150M in bitcoin had been emptied over 9 months ago. The wallets were EMPTY. It seems Mr. Cotton had created 14 aliases on other exchanges where the bitcoin had been moved, but that bitcoin has now disappeared as well. 

    So, what we know now for sure, is that foul play was indeed resolved. It is uncertain if Mr. Cotton's body was actually recovered in India (I doubt it was) and if it was not, then you can be sure he will never be heard from again anyway. Investigators have so far recovered 25M in cash that had been liquidated an hidden along with other smaller cash hiding places. 

    Meanwhile, investors in bitcoin totaling the 150M that thought their investment had been in safe storage in a cold wallet, are still left out in the cold watching court proceedings wondering if they will ever get back pennies on the dollar. 

    Detox....I know you were a strong proponent of this dumpster fire but I hope you got out long ago. 

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    UPDATE: QUADRIGACX!!!

    So, the un-hackable cold wallets were not frozen shut as the passwords were discovered.....and guess what??? The 150M in bitcoin had been emptied over 9 months ago. The wallets were EMPTY. It seems Mr. Cotton had created 14 aliases on other exchanges where the bitcoin had been moved, but that bitcoin has now disappeared as well. 

    So, what we know now for sure, is that foul play was indeed resolved. It is uncertain if Mr. Cotton's body was actually recovered in India (I doubt it was) and if it was not, then you can be sure he will never be heard from again anyway. Investigators have so far recovered 25M in cash that had been liquidated an hidden along with other smaller cash hiding places. 

    Meanwhile, investors in bitcoin totaling the 150M that thought their investment had been in safe storage in a cold wallet, are still left out in the cold watching court proceedings wondering if they will ever get back pennies on the dollar. 

    Detox....I know you were a strong proponent of this dumpster fire but I hope you got out long ago. 

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2019 - 2:50 PM ET #519

    Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63:

    This is a classic bubble/mania trap. 97% of Bitcoin owners own 1/10th of a bitcoin or less. Therein lies your answer for how high the price has gone....mom & pop, your neighbor and the pet groomer are all buying Bitcoin. I had a friend that bought in at 10K despite my more conservative recommendations (XLF) and all I can do is eat crow right now. I sincerely hope people make money here, but you need an exit strategy because eventually the music will stop playing. Above is my post from December 9th when Bitcoin approached 20K in my Bitcoin 10K thread. So call me a hater or negative or an interloper. I'm just trying to give my opinion and so far my advice has been spot on. Good luck to you sir. My advice would be to treat these investments like gambling money.

    Bitcoin rallied today but I'm wondering where all of the experts predicting $50,000 went?

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63:

    This is a classic bubble/mania trap. 97% of Bitcoin owners own 1/10th of a bitcoin or less. Therein lies your answer for how high the price has gone....mom & pop, your neighbor and the pet groomer are all buying Bitcoin. I had a friend that bought in at 10K despite my more conservative recommendations (XLF) and all I can do is eat crow right now. I sincerely hope people make money here, but you need an exit strategy because eventually the music will stop playing. Above is my post from December 9th when Bitcoin approached 20K in my Bitcoin 10K thread. So call me a hater or negative or an interloper. I'm just trying to give my opinion and so far my advice has been spot on. Good luck to you sir. My advice would be to treat these investments like gambling money.

    Bitcoin rallied today but I'm wondering where all of the experts predicting $50,000 went?

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 23, 2019 - 4:22 PM ET #520

    Tezos (XTZ) has been performing well. Coinbase and Binance are offering staking services in the 2nd quarter so one would think they will also list it on their exchanges. Some big names like the Winklevoss twins and Draper are invested in it. Tezos should see a massive run during the next bull run. 


    I think BTC $6k will be tested, one more pullback under $5k and then the next bull run will start. 


    I was new to all of this a while ago, got my behind handed to me, and bought more at the lows. Wew what a learning process. I have done a massive amount of research and have watched everything closely trying to learn as much as possible over the last couple of years. 


    I’m currently in Tezos, Ont, Zil and Ripple. I don’t like Ripple I just think the chart looks ready for a pump. 

    Reply

    Tezos (XTZ) has been performing well. Coinbase and Binance are offering staking services in the 2nd quarter so one would think they will also list it on their exchanges. Some big names like the Winklevoss twins and Draper are invested in it. Tezos should see a massive run during the next bull run. 


    I think BTC $6k will be tested, one more pullback under $5k and then the next bull run will start. 


    I was new to all of this a while ago, got my behind handed to me, and bought more at the lows. Wew what a learning process. I have done a massive amount of research and have watched everything closely trying to learn as much as possible over the last couple of years. 


    I’m currently in Tezos, Ont, Zil and Ripple. I don’t like Ripple I just think the chart looks ready for a pump. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 23, 2019 - 4:32 PM ET #521

    Wall did you get in or still waiting? 
    Reply
    Wall did you get in or still waiting? 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 25, 2019 - 6:49 PM ET #522

    Bitfinex used Tether reserves to mask missing $850 million, probe finds 

    Mayday! 
    Reply
    Bitfinex used Tether reserves to mask missing $850 million, probe finds 

    Mayday! 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Apr. 25, 2019 - 10:17 PM ET #523

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Wall did you get in or still waiting?

     

    I got registered and set up my bank acct info on coinbase, I bot a Nano S for storage and was waiting for 2500 on Bitcoin or in the 20's on Lite but neither happened. 

    I dont like XRP, it is a disaster and hasnt bounced much at all relative to others. Same goes for Cardano and Stellar. 

     

    Its tough because I was ready to throw 10k plus at it but I gotta get rewarded for the risk and at these prices the reward has gone way down....so I am either going to wait for a retrace or likely miss out. 

    One negative about the Nano S is it wont hold all and any so I am limited to what I can buy and store.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Wall did you get in or still waiting?

     

    I got registered and set up my bank acct info on coinbase, I bot a Nano S for storage and was waiting for 2500 on Bitcoin or in the 20's on Lite but neither happened. 

    I dont like XRP, it is a disaster and hasnt bounced much at all relative to others. Same goes for Cardano and Stellar. 

     

    Its tough because I was ready to throw 10k plus at it but I gotta get rewarded for the risk and at these prices the reward has gone way down....so I am either going to wait for a retrace or likely miss out. 

    One negative about the Nano S is it wont hold all and any so I am limited to what I can buy and store.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 27, 2019 - 11:35 AM ET #524

    What would you want to buy that the Nano S doesn’t hold? 

    Just buy BTC on Coinbase, ship it over to HitBTC, buy Tezos and then store it on your Nano S. Simple. 
    Reply
    What would you want to buy that the Nano S doesn’t hold? 

    Just buy BTC on Coinbase, ship it over to HitBTC, buy Tezos and then store it on your Nano S. Simple. 
     
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Apr. 27, 2019 - 10:35 PM ET #525

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    What would you want to buy that the Nano S doesn’t hold? Just buy BTC on Coinbase, ship it over to HitBTC, buy Tezos and then store it on your Nano S. Simple.

    When I purchased the Nano it does not support all that many cryptos, only 20 or so not that I am wanting to buy some wacky ones.

    Also I am really not wanting to buy and ship and buy again, in fact thats one of the problems I see with cryptos the inability to purchase what you want without the multiple of hoops and steps.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    What would you want to buy that the Nano S doesn’t hold? Just buy BTC on Coinbase, ship it over to HitBTC, buy Tezos and then store it on your Nano S. Simple.

    When I purchased the Nano it does not support all that many cryptos, only 20 or so not that I am wanting to buy some wacky ones.

    Also I am really not wanting to buy and ship and buy again, in fact thats one of the problems I see with cryptos the inability to purchase what you want without the multiple of hoops and steps.

    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 212223 ... 146147148 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,629
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 636
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,212
    • PART DEUX 248
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,190
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,016
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,811
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 619
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,646
    • the whole problem is knowingly spreading false info to vulnerable people 21,193

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.